PDA

View Full Version : 1-8-10

Mr. IWS
01-08-2010, 08:59 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
01-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Brandon Lang
Very hot over the last week

Friday's Selections ...
NOTE:

I'll admit, it would have been a whole different story if Colt McCoy doesn't get hurt.

Would 'Bama have covered? Probably not, but I still think they win the game and when you have a 100 dime money line play going, winning the game was the central focus.

However, I will admit is was a nice break to catch with McCoy going out and then Mack Brown's blunder at the end of the first half was a mountain to high to climb for his Texas team.

Look at the numbers:

16-5 bowl run to close the bowl season, and 4 of 6 winning days here in 2010, and it would be 5 of 7 had I bought the 1/2 point on Troy Wednesday night, but it is what it is.

Another winning bowl season. A great start to the New Year. Up over +300 dimes and looking for more this weekend.

Winning cures all and that is all I am looking for here on Friday before stepping to the plate with huge playoff winners on the weekend.

Let's get it on.

75 DIME - NEW YORK JETS - (if line is 2 1/2 you buy the 1/2 and get 3. If 3 you buy the 1/2 and get 3 1/2. Line value with the underdog - get the best line possible.)

25 DIME - NEW YORK JETS MONEY LINE PLAY - This is a dangerous animal right here.

When you have the # 1 defense in the NFL and the # 1 rush attack in the NFL, I don't care who you are playing, you are going to be a tough out.

Now I know Cincinnati will put 8 in the box and do everything they can to stop the run, and force Sanchez to throw and beat them but that isn't where the Jets are going to win the game.

They win the game because of the true weakness of this Bengals team and has been their weakness all year is their offense.

The warning signs have been there all year long but down the stretch when your offense is supposed to be peaking heading into the playoffs, this Bengals team has gotten worse.

There was the 90 yards passing at Minnesota 4 weeks ago, and at home 2 weeks ago they were held to 10 points for 58 minutes by the Chiefs, who just so happen to have the 3rd worst defense in the NFL.

Over their last 9 games the Bengals have reached 20 points or more twice and they have covered only 1 of their last 7 games right along with it.

Of all the teams in the playoffs Cincinnati could have faced they draw the one team they match up the worst against.

Am I concerned about young Mr. Mark "Interception" Sanchez on the road in his first playoff game? Absolutely, but I also trust the offensive coordinator Schottenheimer to put him in situations to not lose the game instead have to win it.

Playoff football is about running the football and playing defense. Two the things the Jets do better than any team in the NFL.

This is one of the best offensive lines in football and they dominated the trenches a week ago and I don't see anything to lead me to believe they won't dominate it again.

I don't see any changes the Bengals can make offensively which leads me to believe they can execute any better at home against the #1 ranked defense in the NFL.

Cincinnati has scored the least amount of points than any team in the playoffs, and quite frankly, I don't trust the 24th ranked offense against the # 1 defense in the NFL and I don't care where they play.

I will gladly grab the Jets plus the points and I will money line the Jets as well as they handle the Bengals again and move on to round two.

75 dime JETS, and 25 dime JETS MONEY LINE

25 DIME - WRIGHT STATE RAIDERS -They always play Butler tough.

And tonight they get them at home where Wright State is a perfect 6-0 SU, and 3-1 ATS.

This team has been competitive all year long as their 5 losses have been by 5 at Washington, 3 at Northeastern, 1 at Miami/Ohio, 11 to Mississippi State and 1 at Loyola-Chicago.

I just love the make up of this team.

They return 4 starters from last years squad, and got back all world guard Vaughn Duggins who missed last year with a broken finger. Teamed with his replacement John David Gardner, this is a really good backcourt.

Butler is Butler. No way around it, as they have been the class of the Horizon League but Wright State always plays them tough.

Not only is Butler 3-12 ATS last 15 meetings versus the Raiders but just 1-7 ATS last 8 at Wright State.

The bottom line is Wright State matches up really well with Butler and in a near pickem game I like the home team to get the win and announce to Butler we will see you in the Horizon League championship game in March.

FREE SELECTION - WASHINGTON STATE COUGARS

Mr. IWS
01-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Ben Burns

808 ATL -3.0 (-110) Bodog vs 807 BOS
Analysis: I'm laying the small number with ATLANTA. Some may feel that the Celtics will be the more motivated team here, due to the fact that the Hawks beat them at Boston last month, back in mid-November. However, I expect the Hawks to be every bit as "hungry."

Keep in mind that the Hawks are trying hard to break into the upper echelon of teams in the Eastern Conference. The Celtics, Magic and Cavaliers remain firmly established as "The Big Three" in the East. The Hawks believe they belong in that group and badly want to earn the respect that they feel that they deserve. A win over the Celts on National TV (ESPN) would help in the standings and will go a long way to earning some of that respect. The fact that the Cavs beat them here recently (and again at Clev) should serve to make them even that much more motivated. That was a "statement" game and so is this one.

Speaking of the "Big Three," of course, it should also be mentioned that the Celts will still be without Kevin Garnett for this game.

As for the Celtics getting their "revenge," let's not forget that they're just 3-5 ATS the last eight times they tried to avenge an earlier loss. That includes a 1-2 SU/ATS mark when trying to avenge a home loss. Also, with these teams playing again at Boston in a few days (on 1/11) the Celts know they'll still get a chance for some payback, no matter what happens here. Armed with the same knowledge, the Hawks know they need this one - as winning at Boston twice in a row will be tough.

Admittedly, the Celts are tough (14-4 SU and 9-9 ATS) on the road. However, the Hawks home record (13-4 SU and 12-5 ATS) is every bit as good.

The Hawks recently had a "players-only meeting" and responded with a 30-point win in their last game. I expect them to build off that effort, improving to 11-6 SU/ATS when coming off a double-digit win and making a "statement" that they belong among the best teams in the East. *10

Mr. IWS
01-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Larry Ness' Western Conference WIPEOUT! - Jan 08/ 10

Memphis

Mr. IWS
01-08-2010, 06:57 PM
LARRY NESS

8* Western Conference Wipeout - Memphis Grizzlies

The Grizzlies had been rolling along playing their best basketball of the season. Then they ran into the Jazz in Utah on Wednesday and got rolled by 23 points. That was a real tough spot for Memphis as they had gotten a big win at Portland the night before so it was a tough back to back with having to face teams like the Blazers and the Jazz on the road on back to back nights. Making the spot even tougher for Memphis was that Utah was off of a home loss to New Orleans on Monday and they had Tuesday to recuperate both mentally and physically before taking on the Grizzlies. As it turned out, Memphis was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time and they 'played the victim' for the Jazz as Utah rolled. Now, after such a tough scheduling situation for the Grizzlies, they are the ones positioned much better for the rematch. The Grizzlies now get the Jazz at home and Memphis is putting a lot of extra importance on this game. It's not only because it's a chance for the Grizzlies to get some immediate payback against Utah, it's also because the Grizzlies have another road game on deck. With this being a 'stand alone' home game, Memphis wants to make sure they defend their home floor. The Grizzlies are 10-5 at home this season while Utah is 6-10 on the road. Memphis is dealing with some nagging injuries right now but that's a normal situation at this point in the NBA season and the most significant injury as these teams prepare for Friday's rematch is actually with Utah. The Jazz were without Deron Williams against Memphis on Wednesday. They got the big win thanks to a big game from CJ Miles but, if Williams is still bothered by the injury here (if he plays he's not 100%), don't expect Utah to get such a big game from Miles again. The Grizzlies are seeking revenge at home and Utah had lost three straight games before their 117-94 win over Memphis. The Jazz have now beaten the Grizzlies 11 straight times and this included a 27 point win over Memphis on November 30th. However, the Grizzlies truly are a different team now. Once they got the Allen Iverson saga behind them it seemed to turn their season around. Before losing to Utah on Wednesday, the Grizzlies had won 7 of their last 8 games. In fact, between their embarrassing losses to Utah on November 30th and January 6th, the Grizzlies played 15 games and won 11 of them. They are capable of again bouncing back here. Since mid-November, there have only been two times where Memphis has lost back to back games. The Grizzlies have won 9 of their last 12 home games and the Jazz have lost 6 of their last 9 road games. For the first time this season the Grizzlies get the Jazz in Memphis and they will absolutely take advantage of the situation. The long winning streak the Jazz have against the Grizzlies is due to many recent seasons being marked by a big disparity in the talent level of these teams. The Grizzlies have closed the gap and will put an end to a streak they are well aware of. It's payback time. 8* Western Conference Wipeout

Mr. IWS
01-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Andre Gomes | NBA Sides
819 LAL -4.0 (-110) Bookmaker.com vs 820 POR
Analysis: I understand that the Blazers have been a tough team to beat at home and against the Lakers, they have somehow been virtually undefeated. However for this contest I believe that we have all the possible edges with the Lakers and only that "trend" in this series is a non factor for the Lakers in here:

- The Blazers team chemistry isn't the best right now: yesterday there was a confrontation with Nate McMillan and Andre Miller in the practice. The Blazers are coming from consecutive losses against median teams as the Sixers and the Clippers so their confidence isn't the best right now

- X factor: huge edge for the Lakers on the front! Andrew Bynum against Juan Howard…are you kidding me?! Also Aldridge is banged up with his knee and he isn't particularly tough, so the Blazers will be demolished down low. In the last games they have allowed 60, 44, 40, 44 and 54 points in the paint!

- This time the Lakers will have Ron Artest to guard Brandon Roy… Do you remember the last playoff series between the Rockets and the Blazers? Enough said…

- The Lakers are coming from a tough loss to swallow against the Clippers in a bad spot, as they were playing the second game of a back to back game series so they want to avenge that loss and they won't take this game lightly.

My projected line for this contest is the Lakers to be favored by 2 full ball possessions, anything below this key line automatically the Lakers would receive my approval. Take the Lakers in here.

Pick: 3 units (Single Dime Play) on 819 Los Angeles Lakers (-4)

Mr. IWS
01-08-2010, 07:10 PM
vegas-runner | NBA Sides Fri, 01/08/10 - 10:35 PM
triple-dime bet 824 DEN 4.0 (-110) BetUS vs 823 CLE
Analysis:

*** NBA on ESPN 3* SIDE GAME OF THE WEEK ***