PDA

View Full Version : Strikeforce: Miami

SPX
01-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Thoughts on this one?

I need to do some research before seriously considering any plays. I do think they're going to do their best to get Herschel Walker a win though. This Greg Nagy guy is 1-1 and his only win is a doctor stoppage against a guy who was fighting professionally for the first time.

I imagine I'll at least be doing small plays on Diaz/Zaromskis and Riggs/Hieron, but I gotta watch some fights first.

Mr. IWS
01-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Im not touching that Walker fight (see Johnnie Morton)

zY|
01-15-2010, 04:46 PM
For Strikeforce cards parlay the favorites minus Scott Smith.

Profit.

SPX
01-15-2010, 04:48 PM

Profit.

Who do you think's going to be the favorite between Diaz and Zaromskis?

Luke
01-15-2010, 04:50 PM

Profit.

You can almost say that about any MMA card(except for the Scott Smith part)

How many dogs won on UFC fight night one? How many in UFC 108 one or two?

zY|
01-15-2010, 04:52 PM

Profit.

Who do you think's going to be the favorite between Diaz and Zaromskis?

Diaz is going to eat his fucking face man. He should be a sizable favorite.

zY|
01-15-2010, 04:55 PM

Profit.

You can almost say that about any MMA card(except for the Scott Smith part)

How many dogs won on UFC fight night one? How many in UFC 108 one or two?

What I'm saying is Strikeforce cards tend to have more one sided fights in order to push certain guys. If you ignore the anomaly Scott Smith you have to go back to like June to find an upset, and that's involving Arlovski and his porcelain chin.

SPX
01-15-2010, 05:00 PM

Based on what?

zY|
01-15-2010, 05:10 PM

Based on what?

Based on having better boxing, length, size advantage, a zillion times better ground game, cardio for days, backed up by one the premiere chins in all of MMA.

Diaz by whatever he wants, whenever he wants. I like the Whitemare, but just no. Terrible matchup for him.

Nick also hasn't lost twice to Che Mills who couldn't even make TUF 9.

SPX
01-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Based on having better boxing, length, size advantage, a zillion times better ground game, cardio for days, backed up by one the premiere chins in all of MMA.

Diaz by whatever he wants, whenever he wants. I like the Whitemare, but just no. Terrible matchup for him.

Okay.

Yeah, I dunno.

I've never seen Zaromskis fight but his record is impressive and I know he's the DREAM WW champ.

zY|
01-15-2010, 05:45 PM

Okay.

Yeah, I dunno.

I've never seen Zaromskis fight but his record is impressive and I know he's the DREAM WW champ.

How have you never seen him fight? Zaromskis is like retarded exciting. He throws all kinds of crazy shit and is batshit insane. His last 3 fights have ended by fucking headkicks.

http://i44.tinypic.com/25gwk1t.gif

Like wtf is that?

Between that and Nick Diaz trash talking this fight is going to be awesome.

SPX
01-15-2010, 05:51 PM
How have you never seen him fight? Zaromskis is like retarded exciting. He throws all kinds of crazy shit and is batshit insane. His last 3 fights have ended by fucking headkicks.

The Dynamite event was the FIRST time I've ever done serious research for Japanese MMA. I've never watched a complete PRIDE event . . . DREAM event . . . Sengoku event . . . and haven't even watched very many complete individual fights.

I'm starting to pick up the pace and learn some things, though. It's just hard for me to get motivated for fights that aren't live.

zY|
01-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Yeah it's kind of a daunting task trying to catch up on everything. Sometimes I'll just pick a fighter that I don't know too well and watch all their old fights. Like this week I'm watching Gomi, LOL.

SPX
01-15-2010, 05:59 PM
I think "daunting" is the right word. There's just so much shit. I've basically been increasing my knowledge by doing research for fights that are coming up. Like, I'm sure now I will go watch a bunch of Zaromskis fights and will therefore learn about him and will also get exposure to all the guys who are his opponents.

For the dynamite event, I got a lot of exposure to Aoki, Hirota, Kanehara, Minowa, and maybe one or two others who aren't coming to mind right now.

UKDonkbet
01-16-2010, 06:59 PM
^^^^^^I'd love to able to watch all the Pride's again for the 1st time. Daunting but well well worth it

UKDonkbet
01-16-2010, 07:01 PM

Based on what?

Reach. Diaz should be able to nullify Zaromskis' explosiveness by keeping on the inside. Wear him down with jab-first combos and wait til Zaromskis gets frustrated then capitolize

SPX
01-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Thoughts on Hieron-Riggs?

UKDonkbet
01-18-2010, 11:40 PM
Thoughts on Hieron-Riggs?

I see Hieron taking it due to superior wrestling. Hieron's stand up is good enough to stay with Riggs on the feet. Will be interesting to see a line, even though it will not come out til like the day beofre prob. Riggs likes to use front kicks lot, I don't see him getting to ultilize them against Hieron though bc of the take down factor.

UKDonkbet
01-18-2010, 11:42 PM

Based on what?

Reach. Diaz should be able to nullify Zaromskis' explosiveness by keeping on the inside. Wear him down with jab-first combos and wait til Zaromskis gets frustrated then capitolize

Obvi I meant by keeping on the outside not inside

SPX
01-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Odds up!

http://www.bestfightodds.com/events/243.png

zY|
01-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Damn. Robbie Lawler at +205. I'm not sure what to think about that. If he stands with Melvin he's probably going to die but that's interesting.

Also, I really like Nick at that.

zY|
01-20-2010, 07:03 PM
BTW here's SPX's life partner's writeup on the event.

http://www.mmamafia.net/news/featured-m ... -odds.html (http://www.mmamafia.net/news/featured-mma/3752-strikeforce-miami-breakdown-predictions-a-betting-odds.html)

SPX
01-20-2010, 07:24 PM

http://www.mmamafia.net/news/featured-m ... -odds.html (http://www.mmamafia.net/news/featured-mma/3752-strikeforce-miami-breakdown-predictions-a-betting-odds.html)

Life partner. LOL.

Apparently he was ranked #1 on Cageplay last year. I'm thinking of getting a CP account just to try to beat him.

MMA_scientist
01-21-2010, 09:40 AM

I never thought I would see someone worse than me at gauging opening lines...

I am thinking of jumping on Lawler for an underdog bet. I think he can win by taking the fight to the mat. Hopefully his ego will allow it.

SPX
01-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Kind of odd that they didn't throw up a line for the Cyborg fight. . .

Mr. IWS
01-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Looks like Lashly vs. Sims

Veteran Wes Sims, a cast member on The Ultimate Fighter 10, will likely step in on short notice and fight heavyweight prospect Bobby Lashley on January 30 at “Strikeforce: Miami” in Sunrise, Florida, according to Sirius Fight Club’s Chris Thomas.

Strikeforce sources told MMAFrenzy.com that the fight was “not confirmed,” but the bout is believed to be in the process of being finalized for the Showtime-televised event.

The Florida State Boxing Commission likely still needs to approve the matchup, but there’s no reason to believe the 37-fight veteran Sims wouldn’t be cleared for the contest. The FSBC last week declined Yohan Banks (2-1) as an opponent for Lashley, saying the fight “wouldn’t be competitive,” then approved Jimmy Ambriz (14-12-1), but that matchup has been scrapped for unknown reasons.

Sims (22-12-1) has won three-straight officially, but hasn’t fought since an 18-second knockout in November 2008. In an exhibition bout on The Ultimate Fighter 10, he suffered a first-round submission to Justin Wren in the opening round of the heavyweight tournament.

Lashley (4-0) made his MMA debut in late-2008 with a first-round TKO of Joshua Franklin, then improved to 4-0 in 2009 with wins over Jason Guida, Mike Cook, and Bob Sapp.

If finalized, the matchup completes the fight card for “Strikeforce: Miami,” which is headlined by Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis for the Strikeforce welterweight title and also features 145-pound women’s champ Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos vs. Marloes Coenen.

http://mmafrenzy.com/12870/wes-sims-lik ... rce-miami/ (http://mmafrenzy.com/12870/wes-sims-likely-to-fight-bobby-lashley-at-strikeforce-miami/)

zY|
01-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Lol. Gonna be show money only for Mr. Sims.

MMA_scientist
01-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Lol. Gonna be show money only for Mr. Sims.

Now THAT is free money.

MMA_scientist
01-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Question for you value guys.

Why aren't you on Nagy? How does a guy with 0 fights (and a 47 year old with no combat experience to boot) get the -500 treatment. I don't see how this is anything other than 50/50 or maybe Nagy as a favorite. Nagy is the invisible man. But we know he has at least 2 pro fights. Presumably he had at least a couple amateur fights too. He is also not 50 years old.

I don't get it.

Mr. IWS
01-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Ill be on Nagy for 20 bucks for my underdog thing. I dont know shit about Nagy, but Im not betting on Johhny Moron senior.

zY|
01-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Save your money.

Go to www.rageinthecage.com (http://www.rageinthecage.com) and watch his "fights". Events 132 and 136. It's a complete farce that this guy is going to be on TV.

He's fat, slow, sloppy, and horrible. Has no striking or grappling skills whatsoever. His whole game seems to be to rush in, get the clinch, and do nothing. He gases in about 9 seconds and he's barely even a heavyweight anyways, he weighs like 210.

Walker should probably be -6million.

UKDonkbet
01-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Question for you value guys.

Why aren't you on Nagy? How does a guy with 0 fights (and a 47 year old with no combat experience to boot) get the -500 treatment. I don't see how this is anything other than 50/50 or maybe Nagy as a favorite. Nagy is the invisible man. But we know he has at least 2 pro fights. Presumably he had at least a couple amateur fights too. He is also not 50 years old.

I don't get it.

watch his fight (I can only find one) online. he is awful. I cannot see making a value bet on this guy. It would not pay off over the long run to consider it an actual value bet. I would advise against even the smallest of plays. Walker is old but a true freak of nature. Something is very odd about his training vids. He seems to be holding back a lot (even more than everyone else that releases a training vid before a fight)

www.rageinthecage.com/ritcframe.htm (http://www.rageinthecage.com/ritcframe.htm) You can watch Nagy here

Diaz's line is the only mispriced line on the card IMO

MMA_scientist
01-22-2010, 05:46 PM
I could not find his fights... I couldnt find anything on the guy. So that makes more sense. An unknown I guess is better than someone we know is terrible. That said, Walker could be worse...

SPX
01-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Manhoef is at -161 on Bookmaker. Value there?

UKDonkbet
01-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Manhoef is at -161 on Bookmaker. Value there?

I like -161 a lot better, Manhoef's reach is really short thats what is really killing me on this one. Manhoef has 23 TKO's in 24 MMA wins (btw has to be some sort of record), but his chin is suspect also (been getting KO's recently in some K-1 matches), and Lawler only has one TKO loss (Diaz). If somehow Lawler does get it to the ground, Manhoef is out of his element big time. Think Kimbo but worse as far as ground skills go

at -200, I'm saying too much variance to make a play but at -161 I could start to see value. this one is a tough one. I will prob stay away

zY|
01-23-2010, 01:54 PM
I could not find his fights... I couldnt find anything on the guy. So that makes more sense. An unknown I guess is better than someone we know is terrible. That said, Walker could be worse...

He could be, but this guy is so sloppy and awful that Herschel Walker should be able to beat him on pure athleticism and power even if he were 87,

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Anyone see a line on the Lashley/Sims fight?

zY|
01-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Good god what the fuck is going on in your avatar?

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Good god what the fuck is going on in your avatar?

Gary Coleman mugshot.

SPX
01-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Gary Coleman mugshot.

What did he get arrested for?

Luke
01-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Gary Coleman mugshot.

What did he get arrested for?

domestic violence

MMA_scientist
01-26-2010, 09:15 AM
I went ahead and put 3u on Hieron @ -294

Mr. IWS
01-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Im probably going to be on Lashley, provided its not outrageous.

Mr. IWS
01-26-2010, 10:44 AM
fyi on Hieron/Riggs

A welterweight bout between Jay Hieron and Joe Riggs will air on a live stream at EASports.com in conjunction with Strikeforce “Miami” this Saturday at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla.

The single bout will broadcast live on EA Sport’s MMA page at 9:05 p.m. EST/6:05 p.m. PST. EA Sports will debut its “EA Sports MMA” video game later this year, with Strikeforce a featured promotion in the game.

“It’s definitely one of those fights that deserved to be aired somewhere, so we’re glad to get the opportunity to do this,” Strikeforce’s Director of Communications Mike Afromowitz told Sherdog.com on Monday.

With two title fights, a featured middleweight bout between Robbie Lawler and Melvin Manhoef and the promotional debuts of Herschel Walker and Bobby Lashley dominating the event’s main card, Hieron-Riggs had been slated as a non-televised undercard bout.

In the night’s main bout, Nick Diaz and Marius Zaromskis will vie for the promotion’s first-ever welterweight championship, while Cris “Cyborg” Santos will defend her women’s middleweight title against Golden Glory’s Marloes Coenen.

Luke
01-26-2010, 06:50 PM

Lashley -850

Sims +550

Wow .Hows that for you?

Mr. IWS
01-26-2010, 07:05 PM

Lashley -850

Sims +550

Wow .Hows that for you?

::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao::

Luke
01-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Thats the real odds ,I'm not kidding lol

::lmao::

SPX
01-27-2010, 12:25 AM
I don't completely get it. I've never seen Lashley fight, but he's green as fuck. Sims is a veteran at least. Why would the line be that outrageous?

zY|
01-27-2010, 12:57 AM
I don't completely get it. I've never seen Lashley fight, but he's green as fuck. Sims is a veteran at least. Why would the line be that outrageous?

How have you not seen Lashley fight? You only watch the UFC don't you, you dirty org hugger? Don't lie!

Anyways, no way should he be that high of a favorite. Granted, he's going to win pretty easily, but I wouldn't bet -900 in a million years.

SPX
01-27-2010, 01:53 AM
How have you not seen Lashley fight? You only watch the UFC don't you, you dirty org hugger? Don't lie!

Anyways, no way should he be that high of a favorite. Granted, he's going to win pretty easily, but I wouldn't bet -900 in a million years.

I'd say UFC and Strikeforce. Lately I've been trying to get into the Japanese MMA scene.

Lashley has predominantly been fighting in little shows around the country, though. Now that he's signed to a real promotion then I'm sure I'll see him. Actually, now that I think about it, I think I did see his fight with Sapp. Nothing special. Everyone kicks Sapp's ass and it's not like he did it in dramatic fashion.

Mr. IWS
01-27-2010, 08:35 AM

My thoughts exactly. I know Sims is in on short notice, but this is just crazy.

SPX
01-27-2010, 12:45 PM
2.5u on zY's mom.

Luke
01-27-2010, 01:48 PM
2.5u on zY's mom.

Mr. IWS
01-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Oh noes!

REH800
01-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Did any of you decide what you are doing on Lawler vs Manhoef?

zY|
01-27-2010, 02:32 PM
2.5u on zY's mom.

I've only got 1 unit in..err on your mom.

SPX
01-27-2010, 02:34 PM
I've only got 1 unit in..err on your mom.

Lulz. Not bad.

Luke
01-27-2010, 02:55 PM

I'm not sure anyone is betting that fight as of yet. I'd say Melvin Manhoef by KO but the odds are a little higher than I want to lay .Before the fight I was thinking closer to -120 instead of -200. I doubt I bet the fight.

Anyone else care to chime in on this fight?

Luke
01-27-2010, 03:05 PM

Personally I'd bet Hieron or Diaz instead of the Lawler-Manhoef fight. The odds are a little higher but I think they are a much better bet. I take Hieron first and then Diaz would be my second choice ::handshake::

REH800
01-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Although it was mentioned Manhoef has shorter arms and a disadvantage in reach I believe if it stays standing it will be Melvin's fight. The only thing that worries me is that Lawler is definitley better on the ground, hell even I am probably better on the ground than Manhoef...(actually probably not) but so if it goes to the ground, Manhoef is done, for sure.

Mr. IWS
01-27-2010, 03:12 PM
hell even I am probably better on the ground than Manhoef...(actually probably not)

Welcome aboard (and you probably are)

::handshake::

Luke
01-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Although it was mentioned Manhoef has shorter arms and a disadvantage in reach I believe if it stays standing it will be Melvin's fight. The only thing that worries me is that Lawler is definitley better on the ground, hell even I am probably better on the ground than Manhoef...(actually probably not) but so if it goes to the ground, Manhoef is done, for sure.

Thats the main reason I will probably stay away from this fight.I dont know how its going to play out. If we knew it would stay on there feet Manhoef all day would be the bet. If it goes to the ground Lawler should win easily . Just too many ifs for me to bet it.Better bets than this fight on the card imo

REH800
01-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Not sure if my guy does it, I have to check but sometimes you can do over uder 1.5 rounds. This would be a decent fight to bet under 1.5 rounds. Not sure if I can do it though, gotta look into it.

Luke
01-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Not sure if my guy does it, I have to check but sometimes you can do over uder 1.5 rounds. This would be a decent fight to bet under 1.5 rounds. Not sure if I can do it though, gotta look into it.

I'm horrible at totals in every sport.Boxing,MMA,BB,FB you name it I cant figure out totals.

REH800
01-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Yes, it is tough just becuase you never know and no stats can really answer how long a fight will last. I am not too bad with it at football and basketball. Check out my NCAA picks if you'd like to.

Mr. IWS
01-27-2010, 04:29 PM
I will never bet a total again. I am dreadfull on them. I havent bet one in over a year now.

SPX
01-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Ha ha, Lashley's up to -1500 on Sportsbook.

Mr. IWS
01-28-2010, 11:10 AM

Did Wes get a leg or arm amputated? That is fuckin crazy.

REH800
01-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Okay, Not sure if you guys have seen this but here is the video link. Basically Lawler says he has no intentions of taking Manhoef down and he wants to stay standing and see what happens. Obviously no one knows how true that is, but it could be great information if you're planning on betting this one.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/null/robb ... 3736816001 (http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/null/robbie-lawler-pre-fight-interview/63736816001)

Mr. IWS
01-28-2010, 01:11 PM
I think thats just some BS prefight hype. If he stands with Melvin, he will be taking a nap early.

Luke
01-28-2010, 01:25 PM

Who in gods name is betting Lashley from -800 to -1500?

Luke
01-28-2010, 01:27 PM
I think thats just some BS prefight hype. If he stands with Melvin, he will be taking a nap early.

You never know this is Strikeforce this wouldnt be any different than the Shamrock-Le fight.It could happen

Luke
01-28-2010, 01:44 PM
On the other side though I remeber Lashley saying the samething when he fought Bob Sapp and he took Sapp down in the first 10 seconds so you never know

zY|
01-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Okay, Not sure if you guys have seen this but here is the video link. Basically Lawler says he has no intentions of taking Manhoef down and he wants to stay standing and see what happens. Obviously no one knows how true that is, but it could be great information if you're planning on betting this one.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/null/robb ... 3736816001 (http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/null/robbie-lawler-pre-fight-interview/63736816001)

Did you actually watch this video?

This is from nearly 2 years ago before the first Scott Smith fight.

WTF?

thatchillguy
01-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Hey all, 1st post here. I found this forum through following a couple of you guys picks on mmajunkie & zewkey. Great site here with tons of good info! here is a link to the video http://www.cagepotato.com/robbie-lawler ... in-manhoef (http://www.cagepotato.com/robbie-lawler-says-he-wants-stand-and-bang-melvin-manhoef) .. after watching the video, Im gonna call his bluff & think he will try to get it to the ground. All week Ive been waiting to make a play on melvin but my gut is telling me to just stay away from this one & enjoy the fight.

Luke
01-28-2010, 02:51 PM

WTF?

Easy man he linked the wrong video dont have an aneurysm

zY|
01-28-2010, 03:14 PM

WTF?

Easy man he linked the wrong video dont have an aneurysm

Don't have an aneurysm? Are you insinuating that my post is angry or something?

Because I'm always super serial around here right?

REH800
01-28-2010, 03:53 PM

WTF?

Yes I watched it but it was updated on MMAmania.com. That doesn't make sense though because were him and Melvn suppose to fight some other time then?

Luke
01-28-2010, 04:20 PM
The one you linked was for Lawler-Smith .The one linked at the end of page 5 is the correct one ::handshake::

zY|
01-28-2010, 05:04 PM

WTF?

Yes I watched it but it was updated on MMAmania.com. That doesn't make sense though because were him and Melvn suppose to fight some other time then?

I just thought perhaps you were confused, because it actually was a Robbie Lawler video.

REH800
01-28-2010, 05:53 PM
The one I watched was on Melvin, when I clicked "Get Link" it must have given me the wrong link. Sorry.

SPX
01-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Sims is up to +800.

That almost demands .25u just cuz.

zY|
01-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Sims is up to +800.

That almost demands .25u just cuz.

Before you do that...here's some facts.

Wes Sims is 22-12-1

Only 2 of his 22 wins are over fighters with above .500 records. Kimo in 2006, and Conan Silveira in 2002 (most famous for beating then losing to Sakuraba in the same night).

Nearly everyone else Wes Sims has ever beat are complete and total cans.

9 of his wins are against fighters with zero wins to this date. Lots of 0-1s.

He hasn't fought since since 2008 when he punched out a 1-8 guy in a few seconds. (Besides getting subbed on TUF in 9 seconds)

There's no reason to think Wes Sims will win this fight at all. I don't think I would bet on him against ANYBODY.

zY|
01-28-2010, 10:18 PM
LOL I love Wes, he's such a clown. Check out this interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjDMhI-3KXU

Luke
01-28-2010, 10:25 PM
LOL I love Wes, he's such a clown. Check out this interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjDMhI-3KXU

What a tard ::lmao::

Over /Under

1 minute 30 seconds

I say under

Mr. IWS
01-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Its looking like that opening price on Lashley was a steal.

The HOFF
01-30-2010, 02:58 AM
The full weigh-in results included:

MAIN CARD

* Nick Diaz (169.5) vs. Marius Zaromskis (169)
* Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos (144.5) vs. Marloes Coenen (143.75)
* Greg Nagy (210.5) vs. Herschel Walker (214.25)
* Robbie Lawler (185.75) vs. Melvin Manhoef (185.75)
* Bobby Lashley (252.25) vs. Wes Sims (258.25)

PRELIMINARY CARD (broadcast on EASportsMMA.com)

* Jay Hieron (170.25) vs. Joe Riggs (170.5)

PRELIMINARY CARD (un-aired)

* Pablo Alfonso (139.25) vs. Marcos da Matta (139.75)
* Hayder Hassan (170.5) vs. Ryan Keenan (168)
* Sabah Homasi (171.5) vs. John Kelly (170.5)
* Michael Byrnes (154.5) vs. David Zitnik (154)
* David Gomez (144.5) vs. Craig Oxley (144.75)
* John Clarke (169.75) vs. Joe Ray (169.75)

zY|
01-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Wes Sims looks ready to go to war.

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9794/20100129054009img8165.jpg

Or to go sit back on the couch eating doritos and playing Call of Duty.

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 12:30 PM

This.

He will have half his show money spent before he gets to the cage tonight.

zY|
01-30-2010, 02:41 PM
[quote="zY|":8h924bn2]

This.

He will have half his show money spent before he gets to the cage tonight.[/quote:8h924bn2]

Yeah he definitely has that "where is my paycheck?" face going on.

SPX
01-30-2010, 07:47 PM
What the fuck happened to him? Doesn't even look like the guy I know as "Wes Sims." Reminds of when I saw Kerr in the King Mo fight.

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 08:09 PM
hey boys, dont forget, Riggs/Heiron streaming live on easportsmma.com at 9pm tonight.

zY|
01-30-2010, 09:02 PM
oh thanks for the reminder. Completely forgot.

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Anyone got the Riggs fight up? I dont even see a link for it on the easports site.

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 09:12 PM
http://www.afunnystuff.com/forumpics/cantseeshitcaptain.jpg

Shertards are saying there is still a prelim going on, so thats the holdup.

zY|
01-30-2010, 09:21 PM
The last awful prelim is over so it should be coming up. I have no idea where the link is though.

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 09:24 PM
The last awful prelim is over so it should be coming up. I have no idea where the link is though.

when you go to easportsmma.com, a box will automatically pop up. It might take a while, but it will load. It took me a good 5-10 minutes.

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 09:29 PM
I think Scott Coker is streaming this shit from his basement.

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 09:32 PM
I got the fight finally. Almost the end of the 2nd round.

Easports - Its in the game?

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Well, for anyone who gives a shit.

Round 2, Heiron in Riggs guard the entire round, doing pretty much nothing except some light punches.

zY|
01-30-2010, 09:39 PM
Is it over? I'm seeing a commercial for the video game.

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 09:40 PM
What a fuckin failure this is. It keeps cuttin out, Riggs just dropped him, I think, and then It just cut off.

SPX
01-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Okay, relax everyone.

I'm here.

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 09:42 PM
Okay, relax everyone.

I'm here.

::praise::

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 09:43 PM
I think Heiron is bleeding, he just dropped Riggs now, but I cant see whats going on now.

SPX
01-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Feels like forever since we last did this. Is it just me or has it seemed like there was a whole lot of MMA and then . . . nothing for a while?

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 09:47 PM
there was a whole lot of MMA and then . . . nothing for a while?

This.

Lots more coming up now for the next couple months. ::thumbup::

SPX
01-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Lots more coming up now for the next couple months. ::thumbup::

Good thing too, because I hate how dead it's been.

Guess I should go ahead and finish my research up for 109.

MMA_scientist
01-30-2010, 09:52 PM
That was one shitty stream. I saw like 10 seconds of the fight. Then Sherdogs PBP failed. I had to go to mmajunkie to find out Hieron (and me) won.

zY|
01-30-2010, 09:53 PM
So Hieron won then? I never got it to work at all.

MMA_scientist
01-30-2010, 09:53 PM
Yes, UD.

SPX
01-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Congrats, Scientist. You're a G.

SPX
01-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Anyone know about a working stream for tonight?

Usually they're up a little in advance and none of my usuals are working right now.

MMA_scientist
01-30-2010, 09:58 PM
^^^
Thanks, I really am.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

MMA_scientist
01-30-2010, 10:00 PM
I lucked out and got a free 3 month pass to showtime, because of my loyal directv patronage.

Aside from fights, Showtime kinda sucks.

zY|
01-30-2010, 10:04 PM
MMA-TV is up on Sopcast.

SPX
01-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Eh, fuck it. It's been awhile since I've spent my money on this shit. I went ahead and paid for the stream.

zY|
01-30-2010, 10:11 PM
LET THE GONG SHOW BEGIN!

SPX
01-30-2010, 10:13 PM
I still don't get what happened to Wes Sims. I guess the image I have in my head is still of him in his fight(s) with Mir.

zY|
01-30-2010, 10:13 PM
I text voted 2. Coenen/Diaz.

zY|
01-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Haha Wes Sims looks downright

AWFUL

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 10:21 PM
LOL, Simms is looking for his check.

SPX
01-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Did they pay Waugh for that stoppage?

zY|
01-30-2010, 10:24 PM
I swear that fight went almost EXACTLY like I saw it in my head. Double leg, GNP, shit stoppage, stupid fight.

SPX
01-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Lashley ain't got shit for Brock.

zY|
01-30-2010, 10:27 PM
What's that supposed to mean?

SPX
01-30-2010, 10:28 PM
It means that out of the two pro wrestlers who have turned MMA fighters it's clear that Brock is far superior.

zY|
01-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Well no shit. Why the hate for Lashley? He's just handlin his bidness.

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 10:29 PM
I think Lawler should start shooting double legs NOW

zY|
01-30-2010, 10:30 PM
Manhoef vs Robbie Brawler is going to be great.

SPX
01-30-2010, 10:31 PM
As I've mentioned before, I haven't seen a whole lot of Manhoef, but I have a feeling he is going to win this one. Different level of comp, I think. I should probably run and see if I can sneak a bet in before they cut it off.

YoungTRK484
01-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Weak first fight. I'm hoping this one is better. I like Lawler.

SPX
01-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Lawler looks like he's about to piss in his pants.

zY|
01-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Either way we're going to see some violence.

SPX
01-30-2010, 10:35 PM
How is that shit not whore-hay?

SPX
01-30-2010, 10:39 PM
HOLY FUCKING SHITTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zY|
01-30-2010, 10:39 PM
Haha holy shit

YoungTRK484
01-30-2010, 10:40 PM
WOW.

SPX
Damn that kid's got a punch!

I didn't see that coming at all!

Mr. IWS
Fuckin Hail Mary shot right there.

zY|
Yeah Robbie was getting fucking destroyed too. Epic comeback.

YoungTRK484
01-30-2010, 10:41 PM
My God those leg kicks were vicious but that punch was LIGHTS OUT. That was sick! I feel bad if you blinked. Damn.

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 10:42 PM
I think that was the only shot Lawler landed.

zY|
I can't believe Melvin was hesitating like that. That's so uncharacteristic.

Mr. IWS
I need a gif of Melvin wobbiling like he was in an earthquake.

YoungTRK484
01-30-2010, 10:43 PM
His eyes were glazed over on that mat. Hell of a shot.

SPX
01-30-2010, 10:43 PM
Lawler took a page out of Scott Smith's playbook on that one.

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 10:44 PM
I though his leg was gonna land in Hendo's lap.

YoungTRK484
01-30-2010, 10:45 PM
What the hell is the coach of my Jets doing there??

::thumbdown::

SPX
01-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Well zY, that probably means we lost money on Coenen. I think only one underdog is allowed to win per Strikeforce event.

zY|
01-30-2010, 10:47 PM
I think so. I just lost on Manhoef too. I feel robbed.

YoungTRK484
I though his leg was gonna land in Hendo's lap.

Seriously I thought that thing was going to snap off. Looked like Gumby after a few of those kicks.

::beatup::

Mr. IWS
Greg "nudge"

WTF

zY|
01-30-2010, 10:48 PM
This dude is so bad I bet even Wes Sims would beat his ass. And I've never even seen Wes win a fight.

YoungTRK484
01-30-2010, 10:48 PM
How do you get nudge from N-A-G-Y? Former mailroom employee @ ASU to Strikeforce contender agaonst a 50 yr old former NFL player. LOL you can't make it up.

zY|
01-30-2010, 10:49 PM
How do you get nudge from N-A-G-Y? Former mailroom employee @ ASU to Strikeforce contender agaonst a 50 yr old former NFL player. LOL you can't make it up.

It's a circus for sure.

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Did Shamrock just say that Walker tought himself to read and write...LOL

YoungTRK484
This kid is gonna get rocked.

zY|
This is such a gong show.

YoungTRK484
01-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Did Shamrock just say that Walker tought himself to read and write...LOL

Yup. His sophomore year at Georgia. LOL.

zY|
01-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Zak

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ed5imf.gif

zY|
01-30-2010, 10:55 PM
Wow was that a fucking sprawl by Walker?

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Walker was trying to tie this guy up...LOL

Good look zY!

SPX
01-30-2010, 10:59 PM
So I'm going to get a fight that goes more than a round for my $24.95? Cool.

YoungTRK484
01-30-2010, 10:59 PM
nudge's feet were behind his head, that was nuts. Nice round for Walker.

SPX
01-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Quadros and Shamrock are biased as fuck.

zY|
01-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Fight stopped from shoulder punches. Awesome.

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 11:13 PM
TRANNY ALERT!

YoungTRK484
01-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Fight stopped from shoulder punches. Awesome.

LMFAO.

YoungTRK484
01-30-2010, 11:17 PM
Cyborg looks like Wanderlei Silva to me.

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 11:18 PM
Cyborg looks like Wanderlei Silva to me.

I just said the same thing.

SPX
01-30-2010, 11:18 PM
It's gay how they don't have personalized music for everyone.

SPX
01-30-2010, 11:19 PM
C'mon Coenen! Don't know who the fuck you are, but I hope you win!

YoungTRK484
01-30-2010, 11:20 PM
Backwards hat was not a good call. Makes her look like even more of a dude. Yikes.

zY|
01-30-2010, 11:22 PM
Coenen by flying armbar.

zY|
01-30-2010, 11:28 PM
As I suspected, Coenen is game.

10-9 Cyborg.

YoungTRK484
01-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Sounds like Drago yelling to Cyborg from the corner.

SPX
01-30-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm pissed.

zY|
01-30-2010, 11:40 PM
There hasn't been a good stoppage tonight.

SPX
01-30-2010, 11:41 PM
I was really hoping to see if Cyborg's cardio would stand up in the later rounds.

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 11:42 PM
Shout out to the husky interpreter.

Mr. IWS
01-30-2010, 11:43 PM
LOL at Quadros

WHY!

SPX
01-30-2010, 11:44 PM
Shout out to the husky interpreter.

I'd put her tits in my mouth.

zY|
01-30-2010, 11:47 PM
Diaz better win so I can not go 0-3.

Ludo
01-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Zaromskis is about to get pounded by a pot head...

zY|
01-30-2010, 11:54 PM
He's not your typical pothead. They just said he's done 100 triathlons.

YoungTRK484
01-30-2010, 11:56 PM
Yeah man I agree Diaz is a badass I hope he wins too.

Ludo
01-30-2010, 11:57 PM
yeah but if you've ever seen him in an interview he has this pidgeony crack addict look to him.

MMA_scientist
01-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Shitty fights. Nice production value though.

I almost vomitted listening to them slobber all over Hershel. Two whitebelts wallering all over each other... sweet.

MMA_scientist
01-31-2010, 12:01 AM
I can't stand Diaz. I hope he gets his head kicked off. I picked him to win tho

zY|
War Stockton bitches.

SPX
Fucking stupid.

Ludo
01-31-2010, 12:02 AM
I gotta admit though. For a guy pushing 50, Walker looks in incredibly good shape.

Mr. IWS
Cesar gracie got 3 belts now.

Shields
Melendez
Diaz

zY|
That fight was fucking ruthless.

SPX
01-31-2010, 12:03 AM
I want my $24.95 back.

zY|
01-31-2010, 12:04 AM
You gotta love Nick Diaz' body shots. They kill guys.

Mr. IWS
I want my $24.95 back.

Dam man, I could have givin you a link for the show.

YoungTRK484
Well I was hoping it would go at least 1 full round Diaz boxed the shit out of him though.

SPX
01-31-2010, 12:08 AM
Dam man, I could have givin you a link for the show.

Shit, I asked for one, but by the time someone responded I had already dropped the money. I'd be okay if it was a good show, but it wasn't really. And what the fuck is up with not following early stoppages with undercard fights?

zY|
01-31-2010, 12:26 AM
The undercards are filled with such complete nobodies you wouldn't want to see them anyways.

For example, Craig fucking Oxley fought on the undercard.

REH800
01-31-2010, 12:32 AM
Fucking Melvin. Seriously? Picked the wrong times to hesitate and then to get crazy. Never betting on a Melvin again. Was so close to taking Lawler too.

SPX
01-31-2010, 12:40 AM
Fucking Melvin. Seriously? Picked the wrong times to hesitate and then to get crazy. Never betting on a Melvin again. Was so close to taking Lawler too.

No one saw that coming. Especially not after the fight started.

REH800
01-31-2010, 12:41 AM
Yeah, I was shocked. Other than that, lame ass fight card. Thought it'd be better.

zY|
01-31-2010, 12:44 AM
Christ you guys cry a lot. The title fights and the Manhoef fight were badass.

Ludo
01-31-2010, 12:50 AM
I liked it, with exception of the Sims circus.

Luke
01-31-2010, 12:30 PM

Sorry man .Melvin was the right pick even though it lost

Luke
01-31-2010, 12:33 PM
I want my $24.95 back.

25 bucks? It would have been cheaper to buy showtime for a month.

Sorry I was at friends house watching the event and didnt take my notebook or I would have found you a link.

Next time ask ahead of time if you know you'll need a link and one of us will make sure you get hooked up ::handshake::