PDA

View Full Version : Conference Finals

Frank Benjamin
01-21-2010, 09:02 PM
The line at DSI is at -8 for the Colts/Jets game.

I am leaning towards the Colts here.

The NYJ's defense has been pretty good allowing only an average of 157.8 ypg through that air on 32 attempts per game. That is about 6 attempts less than Manning usually throws. BUT I don't think they have seen this kind of offense before. The Chargers are still a second class team from one of worst divisions. It's hard to say what the Colt could have done if they didn't sit their players and let the JV team play in week 16.

The Jets run more than pass, and that is the opposite than what the Colts are used to. However most teams had to pass to keep up with them. Sanchez can't get in a pissing match with this team. And because of that, I think the young QB will be rattled and lose track.

It's hard not to go with experience here!

After looking at the match-up closer, I am liking the Vikings +3.5 (as of right now).

If the Vikings pound AP they should be able to take this game. The Saints are allowing over 4.6 ypg on the ground. Looking back at the last 3, that number jumps to over 5 ypg (Yeah, I know the Saint's played their JV team the last week)!

Though I think the Saints have a slight edge on the pass defense, a healthy dose of AP will keep that defense honest and off-balance.

All and all, it looks like a balanced card for me Sunday Colts (laying the chalk) and the Vikings (taking the 3.5-4 points).

Mr. IWS
01-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Leaning indys way too. Jets on thier 3rd straight road game as well.

Frank Benjamin
01-24-2010, 11:09 AM
I am starting to think of jumping off the Vikings though.

GoBlue
01-24-2010, 01:30 PM
BOL on whatever you decide. I like the Saints for sure

Frank Benjamin
01-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Going with Viking. Its at 4. Going to see if it goes any higher.