PDA

View Full Version : 1-25-10

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 09:00 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Jim Feist's 15-4, 79% 20* NBA Hi-Roller Total -Monday

NBA (707) ORLANDO MAGIC at (708) MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Take: over (20* NBA Hi Roller Total)

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Malinsky

4* #710 SAN ANTONIO/CHICAGO Under

We lost a play on the Spurs Under on Friday night in what has been an excellent long-term situation for Gregg Popovich, and even with that failure the numbers in this category are significant – his Spurs have played to a 51-24-2 Under count the last six seasons the game after allowing at least 100 points in regulation. Now it has been back-to-back home games in which the defense has allowed the opposition to reach the century mark, and while the markets are adjusting the Totals higher because of those results, we believe that the focus and intensity level for San Antonio becomes even tighter, especially with two full days to prepare for this game. So we put the long-term pattern back into play again.Popovich knows as well as any coach what it takes to still be playing in June, and that is why the focus has always been to quickly clean up defensive lapses in the past. And his comments this weekend follow along that path - “Persistence. That's your only choice. You keep on pushing. You keep trying to improve. You understand what you have to improve, and you work at it.” The fact that the last two defensive failures also led to SU defeats creates an even greater sense of urgency, and with Saturday and Sunday off, and nothing up tomorrow, this game is treated like a playoff affair.Note that despite the recent problems it is not as though this has been an awful defense – they still check in at #9 in the NBA, which is a solid level, but not up to their expectations. Right above them at #8 just happens to be Chicago, which shows a marked improvement on that end of the court when Tyrus Thomas is in the rotation. With reports this morning that a couple of days of rest will put Joakim Noah back on the court it helps to tighten things up even more, and that gives us the matchups that we need to get in play here.

4* #714 UTAH/PHOENIX Under

Suddenly the Jazz look like a Jerry Sloan team again. In eight home games since Christmas they have allowed an average of 91.1 points per game, and there has been a direct correlation between the return of Andrei Kirilenko to the starting lineup and the regaining of their defensive chemistry. The markets are far behind on appreciating those changes, and that gives us excellent value for this setting.Kirilenko adds a toughness that is needed by the Utah front-court, and that is fully acknowledged by Sloan ("No question [his size] makes a big difference. He's able to block shots and play defense. I probably should have had him [starting] all along, if I'd been smart enough.") and floor leader Deron Williams ("A.K.'s length bothers people defensively. He gives us an added shot-blocker out there to start the game, which helps."). And the fact that the defense is bringing rewards, like in the current 6-1 run, means that they remain focused on those improvements, especially in only their second game in five days, which means ample time to put a game plan together for this opponent. And Sloan already knows that the best way to beat Phoenix is to slow the game down – they played to counts of 206 and 180 in regulation on this court LY.The Suns love to run but are not adept at forcing pace vs. superior opponents, especially without Leandro Barbosa – note that they are 11-5 to the Under when he does not play. And while they are certainly nothing special defensively, the one tool that Alvin Gentry has used is a zone that can be effective here, since Utah’s offense needs penetration in order to make up for the lack of spot-up shooters on the wings. That further helps to reduce the pace tonight, and brings us something much less than the track meet that the oddsmakers are projecting.

4* #716 DENVER/CHARLOTTE Under

The markets have some key adjustments to make here, and we believe they came up far short. To lose either Carmelo Anthony or J. R. Smith is significant to the Nuggets in terms of the pace that they play at. But to lose both requires multiplication, and not addition, in factoring the numbers properly. Now the offensive efficiency and pace both all off in a major way, with heavy minutes having to go to Joey Graham and Anthony Carter, who do not bring anywhere near the same level of offensive talent (and the fact that neither played a single minute in Saturday’s O.T. win over New Orleans shows where they really belong in the rotation). Instead of the second unit bringing energy and pace off of the bench, it becomes a stodgy group that will have to rely more on defense and moving the basketball than racing up and down the court. That is further magnified by tonight’s opponent.Charlotte has now moved all the way up to #1 on our best set of defensive ratings, and the fact that the defense is directly correlating into scoreboard wins makes it easier for the Bobcats to buy into Larry Brown’s tactics. The more you rely on defense, the more you also play deliberately on offense to increase the impact of that defense on the game – Charlotte is 27th in the league in pace. With two of the most explosive Nugget scorers sidelined they will put extra emphasis on making this a half-court affair, turning this into a grinder without much tempo at all, and with a lot of long possessions that end up with low percentage shots

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Rocketman Sports 3* CBB BLOWOUT Monday!

Western Carolina -5.5

Mr. IWS
FANTASY SPORTS GAMETIME

Monday NHL Plays

NHL Hockey

50* Play Calgary (-160) over St. Louis

Mr. IWS
David Banks

NBA
7:00 Indiana Pacers +4.5 Pts
7:30 Miami Heat +1.5 Pts
8:00 Memphis Grizzlies -1 Pts
8:30 Houston Rockets -1.5 Pts

NCAAB
7:00 Syracuse -5.5 Pts
9:00 Missouri +12 Pts

Mr. IWS
Tim Trushel

20* houston

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 01:33 PM
DOC SPORTS NBA

3-Unit Play #701 Take Indiana +5 ½ Over Philadelphia
3-Unit Play #711 Take Atlanta/Houston Over 197
3-Unit Play #705 Take LA Clippers +11 ½ Over Boston Celtics

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 01:52 PM
ROBERT FERRINGO NCAAB

2-Unit Play. Take #728 Idaho over Boise State
0.5-Unit Play. Take #720 Syracuse over Georgetown
0.5-Unit Play. Take #724 Southern Illinois over Western Kentucky
0.5-Unit Play. Take #732 Western Carolina over Charleston
0.5-Unit Play. Take #733 Samford over Furman

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Teddy Covers

Georgetown

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Wunderdog

Game: St. Joesph's at Penn (8:00 PM Eastern)
Pick: 3 units on Game Total UNDER 142.5 -110 (risk 3 to win 2.7)

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 02:19 PM
MARC LAWRENCE
NBA, CBB Sides

4* 710 SAN -8.0 vs 709 CHI

3* 727 Boise St. 5.5 vs 728 Idaho

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 02:19 PM
FANTASY SPORTS GAMETIME

CBB

1000* on Syracuse -6 over Georgetown (BIG EAST GOY)

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Erin Rynning

1/25/10 NBA Playmaker: Boston Under 190 -110 (706)

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Special K

5* Clippers under 190.5
5* St Josephs -5

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 02:51 PM
A.REDD!!!!!!!!!!

Monday's Card
30-Dime - Missouri
10-Dime - Georgetown

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 02:51 PM
ATS Lock Club NBA

4 Atlanta
4 Memphis

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 03:28 PM
spartans 3*

Kansas -12

Mr. IWS
KELSO-BB

3 units St Joseph's -5
5 units Kansas -12
5 units Clippers +11.5
15 units Grizzlies +1.5

Mr. IWS
Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

Calgary -160

For a number of different reasons I believe the value in this matchup favors the Calgary Flames as they'll look to finally bust out of their current slump with a concerted effort on both sides of the ice in front of the hometown crowd:

New coach Davis Payne led the Blues on a four-game winning streak earlier this month, but they have followed that up by dropping three of four.

Saturday night’s 4-3 shootout loss to Anaheim was especially disheartening after the Blues blew a 3-0 lead in the final 15 minutes of regulation and were outshot 17-3 in the third period; playing against a desperate and determined Calgary team after a loss like they just experienced is not what the doctor ordered for St. Louis.

Also keep in mind that St. Louis beat the Flames in a shootout on Dec. 23rd in Calgary, so they'll have to deal with the "revenge" factor as well.

Not only is St. Louis just 5-10 its last 15 overall, its also 2-5 its last seven on the road.

On the other side of the ice: The Flames’ last five losses have come in regulation, and their offense continued to sputter in a 3-1 home loss to Chicago on Thursday night. They totaled 20 shots on goal and were held to one goal or fewer for the fourth time in their last five games.

Captain and leading scorer Jarome Iginla was held without a goal for the 10th straight game, and he’s totaled just two assists in his last nine contests. Iginla hasn’t gone 11 consecutive games without a goal since the start of the 1999-00 season.

There's no question that Calgary has been struggling; 0-5 its last five overall; 0-5 its last five at the Saddledome; but it does have precedence on its side; 14-4 its last 18 vs. St. Louis.

Bottom line: Calgary had the NHL’s second-best winning % at home over the previous three seasons, and it hasn’t gone six straight without a win at the Saddledome since an 0-4-2 stretch with four ties Oct. 21-Dec. 4, 2000; look for CALGARY to improve to 7-5 (+2 units) revenging a home loss vs. an opponent and for St. Louis to fall to 10-17 (-6.7 units) when playing against a team with a winning record!

*7* CALGARY

Mr. IWS
Tony George

Missouri +12

Too many points in this border war. Yes KU has a huge home court advantage and they were uncontested at Iowa State this weekend. Mizzou 's defense and full court pressure and run the floor style will have them in this game at the end. The destroyed Nebraska this weekend and penetrated NU's tough defense all day. While KU is the better team and have won by 25 and 19 the last two times at Fog Allen, I see the stats and look at this game outside of the stats and the importance on it and heated rivalry, and I see a lower scoring game with both teams playing defense, and that puts the 12 points we are getting at a premium. KU by 8 to 9 points.

Play 1 Unit on Missouri.

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 03:59 PM
Lenny Del Genio

Western Carolina -7

Mr. IWS
Marc Lawrence

San Antonio -8

We recommend a 4-unit play on San Antonio.

Mr. IWS
Lenny Del Genio

Western Carolina -7

Here's another game that reminds us of a recent winning selection we had. Last Wednesday, we went against what had been a previously red-hot and very profitable William & Mary team with Virginia Commonwealth (always one of our favorites) as our 20* CAA Game of the Month. What happened? The Rams smashed the Tribe 81-59 as eight-point favorites. Same thing applies here. Remember, just like the stock market, the mantra of "buy low, sell high" applies to sports betting as well. Now is the time to "sell" on College of Charleston, who has cashed eight straight games coming in. They are also 8-2 ATS as an underdog. Six of their recent eight wins have been of the outright variety in the underdog role. Western Carolina, meanwhile, has struggled against the pointspread, failing to cover spreads of 16 and 17 at home against UNC Greensboro and Elon. They also are off an outright loss at Appalachian State as one-point favorites. This game sets us beautifully for the Catamounts. They are 6-0 ATS as a home favorite of six or less the last two seasons and have not lost here all year. That includes a 70-68 win over C of C last season. That was their only home cover vs. the Cougars over a six-game stretch and furthermore they have revenge from a terrible 19-point loss in last year's Southern Conference Tournament where they shot just 33% from the floor and 30% from the free throw line. Take Western Carolina.

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Cal Sports
3* 76'ers
3* Under Cavs
3* Under Syracuse

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 04:42 PM
The Duke's Sports

Charleston (+8) for 3 Units

The Cougars are playing an outstanding level of basketball on an 8-0 ATS tear and we'll stay on them in this spot. Charleston sports a 6-1 ATS mark at WC, losing only once SU in those visits - a 2 point loss. Charleston is the class of the Southern Conference and controls a sweet 51-24-2 ATS mark on the road vs a home team with a winning % above .600. We realize the Catamounts are coming off a loss at Appalachian State and desperately need a win here however, they have not performed well as a favorite of 7 to 12' points at 1-4 ATS moreover, the Cougars had an extra day of prep and should continue to get solid extended minutes from Willis Hall who stepped up his scoring game after Simmons went down. We'll stay on the road tested Cougars here to cover.

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Patron......
10k Georgetowne +5-

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Vegas runner

2* 701 ind / 702 phi over 208

Mr. IWS
ATS Financial BB

3 units Cavs +1
3 units Georgetown +6

Mr. IWS
RON RAYMOND
5* NBA O/U GAME OF THE WEEK! (77% winning system)
Pick # 1 Chicago Bulls / Spurs Under 198 -110

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 05:51 PM
MIKE HOOK

CBB Total Mon, 01/25/10 - 11:00 PM ƒ*

double-dime bet 727 Boise St. / 728 Idaho Over 145.0 BetUS
Analysis: First off i want to talk about this entire CBB card. What a wacky Monday this has turned out to be, as there was line movement in games that i clearly didn't expect. How else to describe today other than the line movement in the PENN-ST. JOES game. You got huge money on St. Joe's, yet this line has moved a ton in favor of the team with 1 win on the entire season. Too bad, because i did have a lean to PENN at +7, and that would have been my free play.

Moving forward, i also liked Boise St today, but again, this line has severely been bet down. I care so much about each of my clients, that the last thing i'm going to do is to back a play that i know in my heart has lost a ton of value. So we will do the prudent thing here tonight on a day that's been very difficult to cap. I can almost all but guarantee you that late tonight and tomorrow people are going to be wishing they never bet CBB today because they are going to get burned. There are truly that many traps out there today.

We are backing the OVER 145 tonight for a few reasons. I already mentioned that i liked Boise St. in this game tonight, and the biggest reason why is because of their style of play. This Boise St. team is in every game they play. They only struggle in the final minutes of games, as i've talked about in past weeks. But this team is ultra talented, as they return nearly everyone from last years team that tasted some success. This is as close to a must win as there could be for Boise St, and i think we will see them do what they do best tonight. They are going to look to push the tempo as much as possible, and i actually think Idaho will end up running with them. This is a rivalry game for BOTH schools, and i think nerves will be high for each team. Because of that, i believe that this pace will be fast.

If you think about how much this SIDE has dropped in favor of Boise St, you would think this total would only RISE with it. But average bettors aren't that smart, as they only focus on their 1st level of thinking. If you dig a bit deeper, you will see this OVER is LOADED with value simply based off the fact that this line is dropping so much to begin with. Clearly this is a STRONG indication that Boise St. is going to be a game opponent. With a close game all but guaranteed to take place tonight, i like the fact that free throws late in a close game are only going to help us. This is exactly the type of game that can see 12-15 points take place in the final mižnute.

Both defenses are allowing opponents to shoot better than 50% from the field during league play. That's absurd, and thats the biggest reason neither team has tasted much success this year. Clearly this late in the season, both teams are flawed on defense. That's just not going to change overnight. I also like that BOTH teams start 2 true point guards at each guard position. I believe this will only help both teams to score tonight early and often. Boise St. will also hold an advantage in the rebounding department, so i can see some easy points being scored thanks to the rebounding edge for the Broncos. Overall, i just feel this game sets up perfectly for Boise St. With that being said, the most logical wager is to back this OVER. With the numbers backing up this OVER play, as well as specific situationals, this IS the right play.

Lastly, for me to play a TOTAL takes alot of work. That means i've capped this game even more than i typically do sides. I'm very confident that this IS the very best bet on the entire card. That's why this is a DOUBLE STAR release. Let's keep up the very solid CBB run, and cash this OVER 145 tonight between Idaho and Boise St. Thanks as always for all of your support. I greatly appreciate it, and it's why i work so hard to continue to find VALUE daily. As always, any additional plays can be found in my daily thread in the forums. Let's have a great night!

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Trent Citron

6 units Samford
5 units College of Charleston
4 units Tenn Chatanooga

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 05:52 PM
GREG SHAKER

CBB Total Mon, 01/25/10 - 7:00 PM ƒ*

triple-dime bet 721 St. Joseph's / 722 Pennsylvania Under 142.0 BetUS
Analysis: NCAAB: St Joseph Hawks at Pennsylvania Quakers - Under 142 (Best Bet) -110 | Unit Value: 3
Game Date: 1/25/2010
Note: This is not the Penn Quaker team of the past and even though they are still running up and down the court at a nice pace, they are not scoring points. That is because they are managing just under 39% shooting and that is not likely to improve much, if at all tonight as they host the Hawks. This team has managed just one win this year and recently they have had some injuries that have sidelined players. It certainly shows with just 57 and 45 points their last 2 times on the court. They did get their only win of the season playing Maryland Baltimore, "Who?" 2 weeks ago but with the exception of that contest, they have averaged a paltry 54 points the last 5 times on the court. I am not going to tell you that St. Joe has a quality D because they do not, but their last 5 games have seen a marked improvement and their pace has slowed down quite a bit. It has been working for them with 3 quality starts that all have fallen below the posted total. This line opened at 144.5 and mostly due to perception of what Penn has been and not what they are right now. I would play this down to 138 and am not sure where the line is going, but I do like the current number a lot.

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 06:04 PM
The Millionaires Club Guaranteed Selections
Date: Monday, January 25, 2010
$35.00 Guaranteed: We are now 864-446 since joining this site! Bottom Line is we win with a different approach to handicapping as we have situations that tell us what the line should be by looking at the teams stats compared to line history! This has proven to be very successful for us the past three years! Today we are featuring our MILLION DOLLAR COLLEGE HOOPS DIAMOND CLUB WINNER - $35 GUARANTEED! 1/25/2010

MILLION DOLLAR COLLEGE HOOPS DIAMOND CLUB WINNER
724 Southern Illinois -6 8:00 EST

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 06:05 PM
The Consensus Group Guaranteed Selections
Date: Monday, January 25, 2010
$25.00 Guaranteed: Today we are featuring our COLLEGE HOOPS CONSENSUS PERFECT PLAY OF WINNER! You can get this HUGE WINNER for only $25 GUARANTEED! ALL FIVE of our handicappers are on this game and ALL FIVE of them are making this game a BEST BET!! The Computer Simulator gives our team an 89% chance of covering the spread for us. We are currently on a 68-31 guaranteed run! 1/25/2010

COLLEGE HOOPS CONSENSUS PERFECT PLAY OF WINNER
727 Boise St +5 11:00 EST

Mr. IWS
SEABASS

50 Miami Heat Under
50 Memphis Grizzlies
50 Charlotte Bobcats

100 Syracuse
50 St Josephs
50 West Carolina

100 Calgary

Mr. IWS
Bob Balfe

NBA Basketball

Heat +1 over Cavs

NCAA Basketball

Penn +5 over St. Josephs

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 06:06 PM
alatex 15*

Kansas over 150

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 06:06 PM
Paul Leiner:

250* NBA Over 190 Cle/Mia

50* CBB Missouri +12

25* CBB Syracuse -5.5

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 06:13 PM
Erin Rynning

ADDED
Spurs under 198

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 06:13 PM
Teddy June

10* Syracuse

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 06:20 PM
BOB AKMEN
NBA:
#702 @705PM 10* PHILADELPHIA / INDIANA UNDER 208

COLLEGE BASKETBALL:
#720 @700PM 10* SYRACUSE -6 vs Georgetown
#732 @700PM 10* W CAROLINA / CHARLESTON OVER 150

NHL:
#4 @935PM 10* CALGARY -160 vs St Louis

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 06:31 PM
VR..732 W. Carolina 7.5 3* best bet of the day
Atlanta/Houston under 197.5 2* late steam
Pennsylvania + 6 2* Late Steam
2* Play 701 IND / 702 PHI OVER 208 Bodog.com
Wofford -14 2* late steam

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Kb Hoops

5* Missouri +12 **POD**
4* Houston Rockets Pk
4* Miami Heat Pk
3* Memphis Grizzlies +1.5
3* Utah Jazz -7

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 06:35 PM
executive 250 on syc and charleston

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Street Rosenthal of HandicappingTrends
*200 Miami Heat -1 (NBA)
*200 Atlanta Hawks +1 (NBA)

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 06:36 PM
TREY SCOTT of HandicappingTrends

*300 Pennsylvania +6 (CBB)
*200 Western Carolina -7.5 (CBB)
*200 Boise State +5 (CBB)
*200 Wofford -14 (CBB)

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 06:36 PM
executive

250 syracuse
250 charleston

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Stu Feiner

100 Dimers
CBB
Georgetown +5.5 vs Syracuse
St Jospehs -5 vs Penn

10,000 High Roller
NBA
Houston -1 vs Atlanta

Mr. IWS
01-25-2010, 06:46 PM
vegas-runner | NBA Total Mon, 01/25/10 - 7:05 PM Õ‚

double-dime bet 701 IND / 702 PHI Over 208.0 Bodog
Analysis: ¬** NBA 2* PERSONAL PLAY ** (STEAM PLAY ALSO)

vegas-runner | CBB Sides Mon, 01/25/10 - 7:00 PM Õ‚

double-dime bet 722 Pennsylvania 6.0 (-110) Bodog vs 721 St. Joseph's
Analysis: ¨** CBB 2* LATE STEAM **

vegas-runner | NBA Total Mon, 01/25/10 - 8:35 PM Õ‚

double-dime bet 711 ATL / 712 HOU Under 197.5 Sportbet
Analysis: ** NBA 2* LATE STEAM **

triple-dime bet 732 W.Carolina -7.5 (-110) Bodog vs 731 Coll. of Charleston
Analysis: ¦*** CBB 3* BEST BET OF THE DAY ***

double-dime bet 730 Wofford -14.0 (-110) Sportbet vs 729 Chattanooga
Analysis: ** CBB 2* LATE¡ STEAM **