PDA

View Full Version : UFC 112

Pages : [1] 2

poopoo333
02-04-2010, 03:11 PM
What bets are you guys planning to make depending on the lines?

I would like to lay down at 3 units on Silva over Belfort at -260 or lower. I hope BJ Penn's line doesn't open too high.

Luke
02-04-2010, 03:46 PM
BJ Penn will be a huge favorite and I expect silva to be much higher than -260

Mr. IWS
02-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Ill be on BJ pretty much at anything.,

SPX
02-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Belfort: +200 or better
Penn: -350 or better

Luke
02-05-2010, 01:26 PM

Penn will be way higher than that and so will Belfort imo so at least you'll get to bet one of them

poopoo333
02-05-2010, 02:02 PM

Penn will be way higher than that and so will Belfort imo so at least you'll get to bet one of them

I don't see Anderson opening as a HUGE favorite...

SPX
02-05-2010, 02:52 PM

-170 vs Kenflo.

-190 vs Sanchez.

I think you're right that the line won't open nearly that weak, but Edgar could very possibly beat both those guys. I could see it opening at -350.

zY|
02-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Yeah I don't expect there to be any softball lines on Penn anymore. Think GSP/Hardy.

Which is particularly amusing, as I think Edgar has a better shot than both Kenflo and Diego ever did.

SPX
02-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah I don't expect there to be any softball lines on Penn anymore. Think GSP/Hardy.

Very possibly, but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping not. I think I'd actually lay .25u on Edgar at +300 or better.

Luke
02-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Holy juice batman

http://www.bestfightodds.com/events/245.png

Luke
02-16-2010, 07:53 PM
I think the best bet of the big juice fights is Matt Hughes .Gracie stands almost zero chance in my mind

SPX
02-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Kendall grove an underdog to Mark Munoz?

I have already dropped a unit on Grove. Munoz is okay against mid-tier guys, but I think Grove will be too much for him wherever the fight goes.

Ludo
02-16-2010, 10:18 PM
I see Grove getting crushed. He has shown little resistance to extremely strong fighters with grappling backgrounds. His chin is suspect(most of his losses coming by KO), and Munoz is a rising star. I don't see this one getting out of the second round. Munoz wins by Hulk Smash.

Davis is easy money as well.

Luke
02-19-2010, 03:22 PM
God I wish I could have got the opening line of -290 on Hughes I would have been all over than

MMA_scientist
02-19-2010, 03:27 PM
I see Grove getting crushed. He has shown little resistance to extremely strong fighters with grappling backgrounds. His chin is suspect(most of his losses coming by KO), and Munoz is a rising star. I don't see this one getting out of the second round. Munoz wins by Hulk Smash.

Davis is easy money as well.

Grove beat Rosholt in his last outing, who is better than Munoz at what Munoz does best. I know, because I lost money on that fight.

I don't see how this fight is appreciably different that the Rosholt fight. Munoz might have slightly better hands, but I think will lose the striking aspect to Grove.

Phil Davis is easy money though, I agree.

SPX
02-19-2010, 03:41 PM
I don't see how this fight is appreciably different that the Rosholt fight. Munoz might have slightly better hands, but I think will lose the striking aspect to Grove.

I honestly think Rosholt is a better fighter than Munoz by a considerable margin. All he lacks is sub defense and maybe some boxing skills, but his hands looked a lot better in the Leben fight. If those two ever fought I'd be on Rosholt up to -200 for sure.

Thewiseman
02-19-2010, 10:01 PM

I honestly think Rosholt is a better fighter than Munoz by a considerable margin. All he lacks is sub defense and maybe some boxing skills, but his hands looked a lot better in the Leben fight. If those two ever fought I'd be on Rosholt up to -200 for sure.
+1

Ludo
02-26-2010, 03:05 PM
I just rewatched the Grove/Rosholt fight. I didn't give Grove enough credit before when I said he would get crushed. However he did get outworked by Rosholt with the exception of the amount of time he took Rosholt down and delivered some (mostly body) punches from guard before Rosholt wall walked back up. After that Rosholt took him down and he(Grove) put himself into the mounted position, before regaining half guard. It wasn't until Rosholt started to try and back out that Grove was able to pop the triangle in.

I'm not saying Grove can't do it again, but I also think Munoz likes the ground too much to get into that same position. His hands are alot heavier than Rosholts. I still see Grove losing this fight.

poopoo333
04-01-2010, 12:03 AM
This card sucks for betting. The lines are too damn steep. If the line is right, I am going to take Veach over Kelley. The Dos Anjos/Etim fight is a toss up, I have to watch some footy.

SPX
04-01-2010, 12:15 AM
This card sucks for betting. The lines are too damn steep. If the line is right, I am going to take Veach over Kelley. The Dos Anjos/Etim fight is a toss up, I have to watch some footy.

It was best to get Dos Anjos early when he opened at +185.

I also like Grove over Munoz, personally.

I also like Story over Osipczak. I think Story's going to fuck him up.

Mr. IWS
04-01-2010, 08:39 AM
I will be on BJ and Anderson, Fuck it.

MMA_scientist
04-01-2010, 09:58 AM
This is a great card to watch... really looking forward to it. Betting: meh.

I have 2u on Maia and 2u on Dos Anjos. I expect Maia to lose though. I think Dos Anjos should be a favorite. He can strike with Etim, and he can definately out grapple him, and he has some pretty good takedowns. I think Dos Anjos consistently slips through the cracks on lines. He is one of those guys no one pays attention to. His fight with Tyson Griffin was really close... and his KO to Stephens, so what? Stephens throws bombs and anyone can get caught.

I have not even looked at the undercard yet though... Story and Veach sound like a good bets on first glance, and these oversees cards tend to get skewed lines, IMO.

poopoo333
04-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Does Renzo have any chance at all against Hughes?

SPX
04-01-2010, 11:55 AM
I think Dos Anjos consistently slips through the cracks on lines. He is one of those guys no one pays attention to.

Except against Kyle Bradley. . .

Svino
04-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Anyone else think that Matt Hughes hasn't fallen much (if any) from his peak? It seems to me that his decline is just due to an improvement in his competition. And of course, Renzo hasn't fought since early 2007. Yeah, I think there is still value on Hughes, especially if you can get him close to -400.

Thewiseman
04-01-2010, 01:26 PM
I have two parlays from 111 and FN that only have Hughes and Silva left, 6u to win 8.75u. I also have 13.6u to win 3u on Silva. I like Dos Anjos, I have 1u to win 1.5u on him. I do like Story alot, I will take him up to -250, and I like Veach also. I am going to make a play on Edgar, just not sure how much or if i will take a prop that he wins a decision.

Luke
04-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Does Renzo have any chance at all against Hughes?

Renzo stands almost zero chance imo

SPX
04-01-2010, 03:39 PM
What's the deal with Renzo? Why does everyone have no confidence in him?

I know almost nothing about him, but doesn't the fact that he's a Gracie mean something?

Luke
04-01-2010, 03:54 PM

I know almost nothing about him, but doesn't the fact that he's a Gracie mean something?

Renzo is one of the guys I know something about since he's an old school fighter and I think he has no change. He has about as much change as Royce did in 2006 against Hughes

Renzo hasnt fought in 3 years nuff said

Mr. IWS
04-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Ill always have a special place in my heart for Renzo. I was on him when he fought Shamrock in the first Elite XC.

That said, I think Hughes will beat him.

Luke
04-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Anyone else think Renzo looks like the butler off Mr Deeds?

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/luke1899/2002_mr_deeds_006.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/luke1899/renzogracie6.jpg

zY|
04-01-2010, 07:28 PM
http://www.moviecritic.com.au/images/john-turturro-as-jesus-quintana1.jpg

zY|
04-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Ill always have a special place in my heart for Renzo. I was on him when he fought Shamrock in the first Elite XC.

That said, I think Hughes will beat him.

I think he'll do better than Royce, but no, he's not going to beat Matt Hughes.

Luke
04-01-2010, 08:52 PM
http://www.moviecritic.com.au/images/john-turturro-as-jesus-quintana1.jpg

Yep thats Renzo

Luke
04-01-2010, 08:53 PM
I think he'll do better than Royce, but no, he's not going to beat Matt Hughes.

100% agree ::handshake::

I think Royce only showed up for a paycheck that night .Renzo will at least try

poopoo333
04-01-2010, 09:45 PM

Rolles Gracie...

Thewiseman
04-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Just took Edgar by decision. .5u to win 5.5u and the prop that the fight goes the distance 1u to win 2.5u

Ludo
04-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Final plays:
4u parlay to win 4u on Munoz and Davis
4u parlay to win 4.7u on Silva, Penn, and Munoz
2.5u parlay to win 1.5u on Penn, Silva, and Hughes
2.2u parlay to win 1.3u on Silva, Penn, and Davis

Unfortunately this card has plenty of good fights, but as far as betting goes theres not much to make good money on.

poopoo333
04-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Ludo, you are pretty confident in Munoz, aren't you?

Ludo
04-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I don't think Grove has an answer for his love of the "keep you down and beat you up" technique or his size(Munoz used to fight at 205). His hands are heavy, and Groves chin isn't the hardest around the division by any means. I see Munoz winning that fight 8 out of 10 times at least.

SPX
04-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Yeah, I don't think Grove has an answer for his love of the "keep you down and beat you up" technique or his size(Munoz used to fight at 205). His hands are heavy, and Groves chin isn't the hardest around the division by any means. I see Munoz winning that fight 8 out of 10 times at least.

I am confident in Munoz at all. He was okay in the WEC, but I just don't see him going far against UFC caliber competition. He was already shut down by Hamill in a big way, and who has he beat? Nick Catone and Ryan Jensen? Two C-listers. Grove may not be a top-level fighter, but he's got a lot more experience than Munoz against better competition. As always, I can't guarantee how any fight is going to go, but I'm actually surprised Grove is the underdog here. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Munoz get the Jake Rosholt treatment.

Munoz may win, but considering the variables, it's not a great choice to anchor two parlays in my opinion.

poopoo333
04-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Plays so far:
1 unit on Dos Anjos @ +150
0.5 unit on Maia @ +460

Literally 2 hours or so after, Maia's line jumped to +500. LAME

Considering Veach over Kelly as of now, and Hughes over Gracie if the line dips below -400.

Ludo
04-03-2010, 09:04 PM

I am confident in Munoz at all. He was okay in the WEC, but I just don't see him going far against UFC caliber competition. He was already shut down by Hamill in a big way, and who has he beat? Nick Catone and Ryan Jensen? Two C-listers. Grove may not be a top-level fighter, but he's got a lot more experience than Munoz against better competition. As always, I can't guarantee how any fight is going to go, but I'm actually surprised Grove is the underdog here. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Munoz get the Jake Rosholt treatment.

Munoz may win, but considering the variables, it's not a great choice to anchor two parlays in my opinion.

I just don't see it. Rosholt isn't the best measuring stick for Munoz. Munoz has better standup, heavier hands, and doesn't try to get up once he has his opponent down on the ground(which is how Rosholt got caught with that triangle, while he was backing out of half guard). Munoz' ground and pound is absolutely disasterous for anyone having to feel it. As far as the fight with Hamill is concerned, I wouldn't call him shut down. I would have called that round 10-9 Hamill if it had gone that far, however Munoz got the better of Hamill on more than a couple exchanges. Munoz wasn't getting absolutely outclassed here, he got caught because he kept telegraphing and developing a pattern. He kept lowering for the takedown as well as everytime Hamil threw a strike he would dip and duck instead of using real footwork. He's fought twice since then and I really saw improvement in his standup against Jensen. He's big enough to pose a problem for anyone at 185 if it hits the ground. Grove's takedown defense isn't exactly legendary or anything either.

poopoo333
04-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Doing my research now on Veach/Kelly.

Veach vs Grice- Veach was dropped, rocked, and some refs would have stopped it before he got up and got the controversial TKO over Grice. Veach also had superior wrestling

This showed Veach had good heart and recovery.

Veach vs Edgar-Veach was able to slam Edgar a couple times, but ended up getting rocked by Edgar before getting submitted (RNC)

This shows that Veach has been dropped in his 2 fights in the UFC, and he was gassed in the Grice fight and looked kind of gassed in the Edgar fight.

Time to watch Paul Kelly vids, mainly to find out if his TDD is up to par... if his TDD is poor, I think Veach will win for sure.

Ludo
04-04-2010, 01:45 PM
I don't think you'll find a whole lot of takedown attempts on Kelly to be honest. They haven't really matched him up in the UFC with a straight up Wrestler because of the fact that he's British and they aren't exactly world class grapplers in Britain for the most part just yet. Veach has the advantage of a decent ground game with hands heavy enough to catch Kelly standing. I don't see a whole lot of ways for Paul Kelly to win this fight other than getting lucky and catching Veach(which could happen). It's a smaller margin than usual though because Veach likes to clinch. Just some food for thought.

poopoo333
04-04-2010, 02:00 PM
I don't think you'll find a whole lot of takedown attempts on Kelly to be honest. They haven't really matched him up in the UFC with a straight up Wrestler because of the fact that he's British and they aren't exactly world class grapplers in Britain for the most part just yet. Veach has the advantage of a decent ground game with hands heavy enough to catch Kelly standing. I don't see a whole lot of ways for Paul Kelly to win this fight other than getting lucky and catching Veach(which could happen). It's a smaller margin than usual though because Veach likes to clinch. Just some food for thought.

I started from the Taylor fight and am now watching the Delgado fight. Kelly has been taken down every single time someone tried to take him down. Kelly also lands a decent amount of takedowns and maintains top control...but that doesn't mean much when against Paul Taylor and Troy Mandaloniz (they are nowhere near Veach in the wrestling department).

So I hope the line on Veach is decent.

poopoo333
04-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Ok, the only time I saw Kelly defend a takedown is when a gassed Delgado did a half ass shot and fell right to his back before Kelly even sprawled.

Veach should win this imo. Hope he opens in the -165 range.

zY|
04-05-2010, 12:28 AM
Hammersmith's writeup

http://www.mmamafia.net/mma-news/featur ... -odds.html (http://www.mmamafia.net/mma-news/featured-mma/4736-ufc-112-breakdown-predictions-a-betting-odds.html)

MMA_scientist
04-05-2010, 11:12 AM
my bets:

Maia .5u
Dos Anjos 2u

I am considering Hughes as he approaches -400

I like Veach up to -270

Thewiseman
04-05-2010, 12:00 PM
my bets:

Maia .5u
Dos Anjos 2u

I like Veach up to -270
I like all those picks except Maia. I dont think he will get it done.

MMA_scientist
04-05-2010, 12:11 PM
my bets:

Maia .5u
Dos Anjos 2u

I like Veach up to -270
I like all those picks except Maia. I dont think he will get it done.

Well its definately not greater than 50%, but I think he has value. He is +550 on some sites... he has a better chance than that IMO. Of all the dogs on this card, he is the one with a definitive advantage and clear path to victory. Renzo has to beat Hughes at what Hughes does best... same with Edgar. Maia is definately a better grappler than Silva, and he has the tools to get the fight there.

But I agree, most likely, he will lose.

poopoo333
04-05-2010, 12:25 PM
I wish the rest of the lines would be posted already.

poopoo333
04-05-2010, 12:55 PM
I think I am going to take BJ if he drops to -600 to -650

MMA_scientist
04-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Pulled the trigger on Hughes @ -455 for 5u (it is really a violation of my -400 rule, but I can't resist it anymore).

poopoo333
04-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Pulled the trigger on Hughes @ -455 for 5u (it is really a violation of my -400 rule, but I can't resist it anymore).

Good luck. He is at -440 right now on my book, and I was thinking of taking him now. But I am not sure how the line will move in the next few days.

Mr. IWS
04-05-2010, 02:44 PM

How do you see the fight playing out?

Do you think Hughes will keep it standing for 3 rounds / GNP / combination of both.

My hesitation with Hughes is that he will certainly dominate Gracie, but if he takes him down like he did to Royce, he could get caught in a lucky sub.

MMA_scientist
04-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Renzo is more of a top control grappler than Royce was. I don't see subs as "lucky"... Hughes is tough to sub, and he managed to survive BJ on the ground the last time they fought. Renzo is not as good as some of his siblings at pure bjj... he was always more focused on MMA, and he was not that great of an MMA fighter even in his prime.

Hughes should beat him standing, or on the ground. I wouldn't be surprised to see see a top control special from Hughes, but I have a feeling he is going to be looking for a KO. For once, Matt is going to have a standup advantage... and I think he will relish it. Renzo used to have some nice leg kicks, but that has never been a problem for Hughes.

Renzo will never quit though. Hughes will literally have to beat him unconscious or the ref pull him off, because Renzo will fight to the death. But being 3 rounds, I think Hughes will cruise and probably win a top control decision, or maybe a very crappy standup decision. Either way, I think Hughes has him beat.

May has good sub defense. GSP and Penn subbed him from dominant positions. I don't think he has been subbed from guard since the Hallman fights. Renzo is not as slick as BJ, I doubt he will be able to arm bar him.

Ludo
04-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Hughes also has the advantage of having the body type to give any jiu jitsu practitioner a problem on the bottom. He's all upper body. Most of his 170lbs is up top and when he gets to putting it down on your chest while he's beating you down it can really wear on a guy. If you notice, even Royce was completely gassed by the end of that fight from being smotherfucked the whole time. The only way Renzo can possibly win this is to take Hughes down first, and I don't think he has the tools to do it. Hughes is still very strong and very capable of beating Renzo just about anywhere this goes.

Mr. IWS
04-05-2010, 03:22 PM
smotherfucked

I like that.

Thewiseman
04-05-2010, 03:37 PM
I really like Hughes in this fight, and -440 is not bad. I have hughes +260 something to win by decision for half a unit. I say Hughes is at least a 80% favorite, and even if he only wins a decision half the time he wins ( 40%), +260 has value.

MMA_scientist
04-05-2010, 04:04 PM
I really like Hughes in this fight, and -440 is not bad. I have hughes +260 something to win by decision for half a unit. I say Hughes is at least a 80% favorite, and even if he only wins a decision half the time he wins ( 40%), +260 has value.

That's probably a good prop bet. Renzo is nails. The odds go up even more, because Renzo will not tap or quit. Hughes will have to make him go unconscious or have the ref pull him off. Renzo is insane.

Luke
04-06-2010, 01:02 AM
Just read at yahoo Renzo plans to move to 155 after the Hughes fight

Ludo
04-06-2010, 01:25 AM
So BJ can beat him even more convincingly this time?

Luke
04-06-2010, 01:58 AM
So BJ can beat him even more convincingly this time?

I think thats the plan

Mr. IWS
04-06-2010, 10:23 AM
FYI, this will be showing 1pm EST Saturday from what I have read.

poopoo333
04-06-2010, 10:39 AM

Yep, but I have to wait until 10pm so I can catch the replay. It sucks, I have a powerlifting meet that day and I have to stay off the internet when I get home up to 10pm so the replay can be somewhat interesting haha.

Mr. IWS
04-06-2010, 10:44 AM
My kid might have a scrimmage at 3pm on Saturday, so I might need one of you fellas to text me the last two fights results if you could.

poopoo333
04-06-2010, 10:57 AM
My kid might have a scrimmage at 3pm on Saturday, so I might need one of you fellas to text me the last two fights results if you could.

I will let you know one of the results already:

BJ Penn wins.

Mr. IWS
04-06-2010, 11:07 AM
BJ Penn wins.

LOL, I hope so.

zY|
04-06-2010, 12:15 PM
I'll probably watch it at noon

Thewiseman
04-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Edgar by split decision and Silva 1st rd TKO

Ludo
04-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Edgar was getting tagged by Sean Sherk when they fought, BJ eats him alive standing. On the ground BJ is even more dangerous for Edgar, no way does he win this fight.

zY|
04-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Edgar was getting tagged by Sean Sherk when they fought, BJ eats him alive standing. On the ground BJ is even more dangerous for Edgar, no way does he win this fight.

BJ was getting tagged by Sherk when they fought also.

I don't expect Edgar to win, because he doesn't do anything better than BJ, but I expect him to be competitive, at least standing. Much more competitive than Diego at least.

poopoo333
04-06-2010, 02:06 PM
I hope BJ's line gets better.

Thewiseman
04-06-2010, 02:20 PM
The standup in this fight is pretty close. Edgar I think is quicker and Penn has more power. If Penn gets on top, its a wrap, But I think Edgar can Hang with him on the feet and Be able to push Penn against the cage like Florian did and maybe win a couple rounds. I think this is going to be a close fight if it goes to the judges, but Penn has the edge because he is far more capable of finishing the fight. I have Edgar .5u to win 5.5u by decision.

Mr. IWS
04-06-2010, 02:40 PM
The standup in this fight is pretty close.

Wow

poopoo333
04-06-2010, 02:59 PM

Wow

That is what I was thinking. He looked good against Sherk....

Sherk hasn't done well since trying to be a striker.

zY|
04-06-2010, 03:04 PM

Wow

That is what I was thinking. He looked good against Sherk....

Sherk hasn't done well since trying to be a striker.

Frankie Edgar vs Sean Sherk

Total strikes landed

103-76

Source

http://www.compustrike.com/stats_files/ ... -Edgar.HTM (http://www.compustrike.com/stats_files/ufc_98/Sherk-Edgar.HTM)

BJ Penn vs Sean Sherk

Total strikes landed

130-51

Source

http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/Penn-Sherk.html

They both whooped Sherk's ass, it's not like BJ pitched a no-hitter or anything like he did against Diego.

Frankie is definitely is faster and has great footwork.

At the very least he's not going to run in with his chin out and get knocked down in the first 30 seconds.

Not sure why everyone is so opposed to the great BJ Penn having a competitive fight.

Mr. IWS
04-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Im suprised you guys think the standup is close. Especially basing it off Sherk, who Penn did an ethnic cleansing on while standing.

zY|
04-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Im suprised you guys think the standup is close. Especially basing it off Sherk, who Penn did an ethnic cleansing on while standing.

He really didn't.

He clearly won, but it's not like Sherk wasn't hitting him a lot too. Just because BJ has alligator skin and doesn't mark up doesn't mean he's not getting hit.

The ethnic cleansing was against Diego, who he outstruck 150-8

http://fightmetric.com/fights/Penn-Sanchez.html

poopoo333
04-06-2010, 03:13 PM
lol, bodog has Silva @-1300 and Maia @+700 right now.

Bodog has the worst odds ever on favorites.

So glad I am on 5dimes now, and my sports stuff is over on bodog.

Mr. IWS
04-06-2010, 03:13 PM
They both whooped Sherk's ass,

Edgar fought a great fight vs Sherk, but I wouldnt call it a ass whippin.

against BJ............

http://www.411mania.com/siteimages/bjvsseansherk_25909.jpg

Mr. IWS
04-06-2010, 03:14 PM

I call that nuclear holocaust

zY|
04-06-2010, 03:14 PM

Wow, that's insane.

Maia at +700 is something to think about.

zY|
04-06-2010, 03:16 PM
[quote="zY|":1f9qgeje]
They both whooped Sherk's ass,

Edgar fought a great fight vs Sherk, but I wouldnt call it a ass whippin.

against BJ............

http://www.411mania.com/siteimages/bjvsseansherk_25909.jpg[/quote:1f9qgeje]

LOL, whatever.

This argument is pointless, I think Penn will win as well. I just think Edgar will do much better than Dirty Sanchez, or Florini for that matter.

Ludo
04-06-2010, 03:22 PM
BJ Also wasn't quite the fully conditioned lightweight god he is today when he fought Sherk. He also has much better head movement than Edgar. This one isn't even close standing or otherwise. No one is opposed to BJ having competition, but no one can in realistic logic name one man on this planet right now at 155lbs who can give BJ one. His boxing is the best in MMA, his ground game is absolutely astonishing, he has been able to dictate where the fight takes place in almost every fight he's ever had, his takedown defense is legendary, his chin is like a horshoe wrapped around his teeth, and he never gets cut. Anyone who couldn't finish Sherk standing has no business trying to strike with BJ Penn.

poopoo333
04-06-2010, 03:24 PM

Wow, that's insane.

Maia at +700 is something to think about.

haha, yeah I just threw a $4.98 parlay down on Maia, Davis, and BJ.

Oh and Hughes is -360 on bodog right now.

Mr. IWS
04-06-2010, 03:29 PM
This argument is pointless, I think Penn will win as well. I just think Edgar will do much better than Dirty Sanchez, or Florini for that matter.

All Im saying is they both fought the same guy standing, He went 3 rounds against Edgar, and was never in any serious danger, And got the shit beat out of him for 2 1/2 rounds before he was KO'd against Penn.

For anyone to say that Edgars standup looked good against Sherk, therefore, he wont be outclassed by Penn is crazy IMO.

I agree Edgar will do better than Sanches and Florian, but more because they didnt do anything at all against Penn.

poopoo333
04-06-2010, 03:35 PM
5 dimes better release the undercard odds today. I really want to get Veach at opening lines.

Mr. IWS
04-06-2010, 03:37 PM

That is fuckin retarded.

zY|
04-06-2010, 03:38 PM
BJ Also wasn't quite the fully conditioned lightweight god he is today when he fought Sherk. He also has much better head movement than Edgar. This one isn't even close standing or otherwise. No one is opposed to BJ having competition, but no one can in realistic logic name one man on this planet right now at 155lbs who can give BJ one. His boxing is the best in MMA, his ground game is absolutely astonishing, he has been able to dictate where the fight takes place in almost every fight he's ever had, his takedown defense is legendary, his chin is like a horshoe wrapped around his teeth, and he never gets cut. Anyone who couldn't finish Sherk standing has no business trying to strike with BJ Penn.

You are such a complete sack swinger it's retarded.

Mr. IWS
04-06-2010, 03:59 PM
You are such a complete sack swinger it's retarded.

That cuts deep man.

Thewiseman
04-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Penn finished Sherk at the buzzer at the end of the 3rd round. Maybe Edgar would have finished him in a 5 rd fight.All Edgars fights in the UFC have been 3 rd fights, What if you look at Penn in just the 1st 3 rds of all his fights? He looked great against Stevenson and Sanchez, but he didnt do anything great to Florian in the 1st 3 and outboxed Sherk as did Edgar for about 14 minutes. I think Penn is better but Edgar can pull out the upset.

poopoo333
04-06-2010, 05:14 PM
I think Maia has a better shot at beating Silva then Edgar does beating Penn.

Does it make me an addict that I have been refreshing BFO almost all day? :)

SPX
04-06-2010, 05:36 PM

Damn, that's insane. I've never seen the actual stats.

SPX
04-06-2010, 05:41 PM
I think Maia has a better shot at beating Silva then Edgar does beating Penn.

I've had those days.

You may just want to sign up for an alert for one of the undercard fights and let them e-mail you once it's up.

Natural Born Thriller
04-06-2010, 05:50 PM

BROMANCE?

MMA_scientist
04-06-2010, 05:53 PM

Yes.

But they are on twitter... so you can just sign up and get a beep on your cell ( I think that is how twitter works, I am too old to tweet). I barely know how to use a cell phone.

poopoo333
04-06-2010, 07:00 PM
The cell phone thing might be cool (I am 18, I have a cell phone and know how to work it haha). Having them alert my email would be the same thing as checking BFO constantly since I would just be checking my email all day.

Ludo
04-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Zy, not everyone can wear blinders and call them glasses but you pull it off somehow. The fact that you like to discount alot of fighters with little to no factual basis says alot. Yeah I might be a Penn Homer but can you deny any single thing I said? Congratulations on being the biggest asshole and toolbox on the forum.

Yes Penn finished Sherk in the closing seconds of the third round but thats still a finish within three rounds, something Edgar couldn't do. It's going to be a blowout and I don't see this one going anywhere near a decision. However I do think Edgar will manage to put on a better performance than Diego did, not sure about Kenny. Florian had a decent gameplan, he just didn't have anywhere to go from there. Keeping Penn pushed against the fence for 15 minutes was all well and good until Kenny's urge to try and finish kicked in, which is when BJ just kind of decided to start trying at that point and it was all down hill from there.

zY|
04-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Zy, not everyone can wear blinders and call them glasses but you pull it off somehow. The fact that you like to discount alot of fighters with little to no factual basis says alot. Yeah I might be a Penn Homer but can you deny any single thing I said? Congratulations on being the biggest asshole and toolbox on the forum.

Yes Penn finished Sherk in the closing seconds of the third round but thats still a finish within three rounds, something Edgar couldn't do. It's going to be a blowout and I don't see this one going anywhere near a decision. However I do think Edgar will manage to put on a better performance than Diego did, not sure about Kenny. Florian had a decent gameplan, he just didn't have anywhere to go from there. Keeping Penn pushed against the fence for 15 minutes was all well and good until Kenny's urge to try and finish kicked in, which is when BJ just kind of decided to start trying at that point and it was all down hill from there.

I already gave my arguments before you starting slurping. No reason to continue.

I think Kenny's gameplan was pretty godawful actually. What happened to his Muay Thai? Penn's boxing stance makes him fairly susceptible to leg kicks, but Kenny didn't even try.

SPX
04-06-2010, 11:57 PM
Congratulations on being the biggest asshole and toolbox on the forum.

I can see why zY might get the reputation. I know of another forum where he's considered to be a straight up troll. But he's okay. Just gotta get to know him.

Yes Penn finished Sherk in the closing seconds of the third round but thats still a finish within three rounds

Yeah, it is, kind of. Sort of a lucky finish, in my opinion. Sherk is tough. He seems to have lost a lot of stock with peeps but I wouldn't fuck with him.

zY|
04-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Congratulations on being the biggest asshole and toolbox on the forum.

I can see why zY might get the reputation. I know of another forum where he's considered to be a straight up troll. But he's okay. Just gotta get to know him.

Yes Penn finished Sherk in the closing seconds of the third round but thats still a finish within three rounds

Yeah, it is, kind of. Sort of a lucky finish, in my opinion. Sherk is tough. He seems to have lost a lot of stock with peeps but I wouldn't fuck with him.

LOL which forum is that?

And the best part of that fight was that BJ called it off himself.

Ludo
04-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Oh there's no doubt that Sherk is tough, he's not the easiest guy to knock out by any means at all. But his standup is god awful because his arms are so damn short. He has to get so close just to have a hope of hitting that he usually gets tagged twice before he can do it. He really should have just stuck to his wrestling, seeing as it was some of the best in the division.

zY|
04-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Oh there's no doubt that Sherk is tough, he's not the easiest guy to knock out by any means at all. But his standup is god awful because his arms are so damn short. He has to get so close just to have a hope of hitting that he usually gets tagged twice before he can do it. He really should have just stuck to his wrestling, seeing as it was some of the best in the division.

Well, he outstruck Tyson Griffin, but yeah. His arms are ridiculously short. He doesn't need to abandon either his wrestling or his striking, but simply mix it up better. He doesn't transition between the two well at all.

Ludo
04-07-2010, 12:39 AM
Yeah he seems to have this stubborn mentality that he needs to keep standing even when his striking isn't doing much but losing him fights. He should throw more feints and change levels, it would have some better results than this "sit and wait" tactic that leads to him getting tagged so much.

SPX
04-07-2010, 12:53 AM
LOL which forum is that?

Do you really not know?

SPX
04-07-2010, 12:56 AM
Yeah he seems to have this stubborn mentality that he needs to keep standing even when his striking isn't doing much but losing him fights. He should throw more feints and change levels, it would have some better results than this "sit and wait" tactic that leads to him getting tagged so much.

Considering that he lost to Edgar, I imagine that we'll see a different tactic next time.

That is, if he ever fights again.

Ludo
04-07-2010, 01:14 AM
If he can stay healthy long enough to last through training camp we might see him again

Mr. IWS
04-07-2010, 08:34 AM
LOL which forum is that?

Do you really not know?

Investwithsports.com?

::haptime:: ::haptime:: ::haptime:: ::haptime:: ::haptime::

poopoo333
04-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Undercard lines just came out for Bookmaker. Veach is @ -160. Madsen @-195.

I hope 5 dimes opens up soon with similar lines.

Luke
04-07-2010, 03:41 PM
[quote="zY|":6iwgpe93]
LOL which forum is that?

Do you really not know?

Investwithsports.com?

::haptime:: ::haptime:: ::haptime:: ::haptime:: ::haptime::[/quote:6iwgpe93]

::lmao::

MMA_scientist
04-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Undercard lines just came out for Bookmaker. Veach is @ -160. Madsen @-195.

I hope 5 dimes opens up soon with similar lines.

4u on Veach @ -170

no way would I touch Madsen @ -310... that is just stupid. I think that will come down. How is Madsen -300? I thought he might open as a dog.

SPX
04-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Damn, it fucking sucks when they post lines while I'm at work.

Veach is already to -200 and I'm not sure that they're bettable.

Rick Story is at -150 and may be worth considering, but I'm sure by the time I get home his line will already be driven up to a point where I'm not going to want to fuck with it.

MMA_scientist
04-07-2010, 05:10 PM
I think Veach is still god at -200.

How is Kelly going to beat him? Kelly has poor TD defense and he can't take Veach down. Unless he lands a miracle shot, Veach is gonna win.

Luke
04-07-2010, 05:48 PM

Thegreek and matchbook have this going off at 10am and I just read it goes off at 10am

gay Dana very gay ::thumbdown::

Ludo
04-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Thats the problem with shows in far away places like this. Either you schedule it for some crazy ass local time(like they did in Australia at 2pm on a sunday afternoon) or show it at a crazy ass time here in the US.

PS. Local time right now is 2:17am Thursday in Abu Dhabi, whereas it is 6:17pm Wednesday in US Eastern time. Kind of explains things a little.

SPX
04-07-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm trying to figure out why Abu Dhabi didn't get the UK treatment.

I mean, usually cards that are going to be at a weird time don't get A-grade matchups and are usually broadcast for free on Spike.

Luke
04-07-2010, 07:54 PM

I mean, usually cards that are going to be at a weird time don't get A-grade matchups and are usually broadcast for free on Spike.

Are you waking up at 7am saturday to watch this ? ::lmao::

I probably wont even watch the replay

zY|
04-07-2010, 07:55 PM

Because they just bought 10% of the the company.

Pretty sure it's a 9 hour difference, so it's going on at 1pm EST.

If you don't want to watch it in the afternoon it's not that hard to stay off the internet for the day.

Luke
04-07-2010, 08:11 PM

Because they just bought 10% of the the company.

Pretty sure it's a 9 hour difference, so it's going on at 1pm EST.

If you don't want to watch it in the afternoon it's not that hard to stay off the internet for the day.

I have zero interest watching something at 1pm and zero interest watching a replay. ::thumbdown::

Thewiseman
04-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Lots of action
I have two parlays closing this event.
GSP(win), Okami(win)
GSP(win), Palhares(win), Okami(win), Florian(win). Both have Hughes and Silva left. One is 2u to win 3.5u and the other is 4u to win 5.25u.

Hughes by decision .5u to win 1.3u. So I have 6.5u at risk with Hughes.
Silva 13.6u to win 3u. So if Hughes wins, it will be 19.6u to win 11.75u
Edgar by decision .5u to win 5.5u
Edgar/Penn goes the distance 1u to win 2.5u
Edgar/Penn over 3.5 rds. 1u to win 1u
Dos Anjos 1u to win 1.5u
Dos Anjos by decision .25u to win 1u
Grove .5u to win .72u
Veach 2u to win 1u
Story 1.9u to win 1u
Al Turk .38u to win 1u
I have no idea about the Al Turk/Madsen fight, I just Know Madsen should not be that much of a favorite.

SPX
04-07-2010, 08:29 PM

Yeah, but even if you avoid the results, it's not the same when you watch the replay because you know it's not live.

Luke
04-07-2010, 08:54 PM

Yeah, but even if you avoid the results, it's not the same when you watch the replay because you know it's not live.

I feel the same

Dana's not getting my 50 bucks,not this time ::shake::

SPX
04-07-2010, 09:01 PM

Not this time, huh?

SPX
04-07-2010, 09:27 PM
What's everyone think about Story/Osipczak?

Story has good wrestling, good sub defense, and good subs. His standup, from what I've seen, isn't great. It's okay. He's kind of a brawler in that regard. But he's looked good so far in the UFC and also holds a win over Jake Ellenberger earlier in his career.

Osipczak has looked pretty good, but hasn't really fought a lot of high level opponents. The experience edge definitely goes to Story. But Nick's stand up might actually be better than Story's and he also had pretty good TD defense in the Riddle fight, and Riddle's a pretty good wrestler.

zY|
04-07-2010, 09:50 PM

Not this time, huh?

::lmao::

Ipickdeeznuts2win
04-07-2010, 11:10 PM
I have:
3U on GEORGI KARAKHANYAN for tomorrow

2U on Dos Anjos
5U on Veach
Enough U's on Penn to win 5U haha

Ludo
04-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Holy unlyrical lyrics batman. I thought I had alot of units out but damn guys! Good luck to you both though.

SPX
04-07-2010, 11:36 PM
No thoughts on Story/Osipczak or are you guys just being dicks?

Ludo
04-07-2010, 11:46 PM
I honestly know nothing about this Osipczak guy, otherwise I'd offer some insight but I have no idea about him one way or the other. Sorry man

Luke
04-08-2010, 12:52 AM
If Hughes gets to -350 I'm taking him

southbaysurf
04-08-2010, 02:34 AM
1u Hughes -360
10u Veach +135 yes +
10u Veach +120 (bets placed Tues)

Will be coming back with a large play on Kelly @ +2whatever. So it's primarily an arb that is valued at + $1083 @ +210.

Vegas baby. Long drive, but worth it.

Ludo
04-08-2010, 03:10 AM
Where did you get Veach as a dog?

Mr. IWS
04-08-2010, 08:42 AM

I got nothing either way bro.

Thewiseman
04-08-2010, 09:09 AM
I like Story to -250. I think he is going to win with his top control. Stand up may to to osipczak, but Story should be able to keep him grounded.

MMA_scientist
04-08-2010, 09:18 AM
I have:

2U on Dos Anjos
5U on Veach

Jay, you have 35units on Penn?

If you are going to go wild, you should have just bet everything on him.

MMA_scientist
04-08-2010, 09:23 AM
What's everyone think about Story/Osipczak?

I see it pretty much like you do. But Nick is a lot like your view of Saunders for the last fight. From the time we saw him in his frist fight on TUF until now, he is 10x improved. He has a great build for 170, and I think he could give Story some problems. Story will probably ground him, but I don't know that he will finish him... so this gives Nick time to work something out. Story has 1 path to victory- GNP. Nick has shown pretty good defensive skills off his back. And with his length he can control posture better, which should make the GNP less effective.

But @ -165 I don't think he is a bad bet. For me, the line is just about right.

poopoo333
04-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Final Plays (unless BJ gets down to -600 range)

5 units on Veach @-265
5 units on Hughes @-440
1 unit on Dos Anjos @+150
0.5 unit on Maia @+460

I was pissed about getting Veach @-265. Bookmaker opened him at -160...and my book (5 dimes) didn't have the lines up all night last night so he opened high.

Thewiseman
04-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Final Plays (unless BJ gets down to -600 range)

5 units on Veach @-265
5 units on Hughes @-440
1 unit on Dos Anjos @+150
0.5 unit on Maia @+460

I was pissed about getting Veach @-265. Bookmaker opened him at -160...and my book (5 dimes) didn't have the lines up all night last night so he opened high.
Bookmaker is essential IMO, for that reason. I have dimes and Bookmaker.

Thewiseman
04-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Added some parlays
Veach
Blackburn
Story
Taylor
Davis
Dos Anjos by dec
Grove
Hughes by dec
Edgar by dec
Silva inside the distance
.02u to win 36.8u

Same parlay except instead of Edgar Penn/Edgar over 3.5 rds
.02u to win 7.68u

Veach
Story
Taylor
Davis
Dos Anjos by dec
Hughes by dec
Penn/Edgar over
.04u to win 3u

Veach
Story
Hughes by dec
Penn/Edgar over
Silva ITD
.1u to win 1.4u

Mr. IWS
04-08-2010, 10:35 AM
I wont get my lines until tommorow, but Ill be on BJ and Anderson.

southbaysurf
04-08-2010, 11:15 AM

Vegas. He actually opened +170 but I couldn't get there till yesterday.
The Faber/Aldo line is +180/-220 ::jaydrop::
Taylor was -160 ::doh::

SPX
04-08-2010, 12:21 PM

Faber's a +180 dog?

southbaysurf
04-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Si senor.

poopoo333
04-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Penn's line just got worse, so I doubt I will be making a play on him at all.

Ipickdeeznuts2win
04-08-2010, 01:23 PM
I have:

2U on Dos Anjos
5U on Veach

Jay, you have 35units on Penn?

If you are going to go wild, you should have just bet everything on him.

Haha I was tempted to, but I needed to leave something in there to build off in case the unthinkable happens.

I did put a little cash back in the Bodog so I could play with parlays.
Spider, Penn, and Davis parlay - 4U to win 1.66U
Spider, Penn, Davis, and Veach - 2U to win 2U

I am excited to hear that Spider could possibly make 170lbs!! I think he wants that fight with GSP, but GSP and Dana don't want it. I think they are scared that GSP will be beaten and his stock will lower. Personally I think GSP would take it, and I would bet that as well, especially if it were at 170lbs

Thewiseman
04-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Lots of action
GSP(win), Okami(win)
GSP(win), Palhares(win), Okami(win), Florian(win). Both have Hughes and Silva left. One is 2u to win 3.5u and the other is 4u to win 5.25u.

Dos Anjos 1u to win 1.5u
Grove .5u to win .72u
Veach 2u to win 1u
Story 1.9u to win 1u
Al Turk .38u to win 1u
I have no idea about the Al Turk/Madsen fight, I just Know Madsen should not be that much of a favorite.
Silva quickest TKO/KO of the night .2u to win 1u

Thewiseman
04-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Does anyone else here like the Penn/Edgar to go over 3.5 rounds?

Ipickdeeznuts2win
04-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Does anyone else here like the Penn/Edgar to go over 3.5 rounds?

Seems like Penn's norm as of late is to basically dominate and finish it in the 4th or 5th. It matters what Edgars game plan is. I think Diego lasted so long because he spent alot of time holding Penn kind of like Kenflo did. It is kind of a toss up to me but I would lean towards over the 3.5 mark.

Luke
04-08-2010, 01:45 PM

what?

Luke
04-08-2010, 01:50 PM

Aldo -220
Faber +180

is higher than I thought .I thought Aldo would be around -130

At least I'm not Ludocain who said Faber would be around -200 ::lmao::

Luke
04-08-2010, 01:52 PM

What casino these at man?

southbaysurf
04-08-2010, 02:10 PM

What casino these at man?

The person who turned me on to this casino asked that it not be widely publicized. The number moved on both of my $1000 bets, so obviously it costs me money to have more people hitting the line. Perhaps once I've been on this site longer, I'll share the info, but at this point it doesn't make sense to me. Hopefully you can appreciate that and if not .........................

Anyway if nothing else, you know what some of the early lines are/were.

Cerrone +115
Hend -145

They actually opened Aldo -180 and moved it to -220.

SPX
04-08-2010, 05:49 PM
The person who turned me on to this casino asked that it not be widely publicized.

Uh oh. . .

Source or it didn't happen!

southbaysurf
04-08-2010, 06:00 PM
::luck::

Well that convinced me......................

The comeback on Kelly is now +250 and my arb is worth $1250.

Luke
04-08-2010, 07:54 PM
The person who turned me on to this casino asked that it not be widely publicized. The number moved on both of my $1000 bets, so obviously it costs me money to have more people hitting the line. Perhaps once I've been on this site longer, I'll share the info, but at this point it doesn't make sense to me. Hopefully you can appreciate that and if not .........................

Anyway if nothing else, you know what some of the early lines are/were.

Cerrone +115
Hend -145

They actually opened Aldo -180 and moved it to -220.

I understand .I was just curious is all.I'm not going to steal your lines I'm about 2,000 miles from Vegas.The only Vegas casino I've heard of opening lines early is Palace Station

Luke
04-08-2010, 07:56 PM
The person who turned me on to this casino asked that it not be widely publicized.

Uh oh. . .

Your mom happened

SPX
04-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Your mom happened

Now Luke, that just don't make a bit of sense!

Back to the drawing board, son!

Luke
04-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Your mom happened

Now Luke, that just don't make a bit of sense!

Back to the drawing board, son!

You mean that doesnt exactly sound like something you'd say? Because I was thinking of you(no homo) when I typed it

SPX
04-08-2010, 08:06 PM
You mean that doesnt exactly sound like something you'd say? Because I was thinking of you(no homo) when I typed it

Obviously I was quoting you damn near word for word. . .

But you're right, it sounds like something I would say. In fact, I'm sure that somewhere down the line that's exactly something I have said. Probably more than once.

Luke
04-08-2010, 08:07 PM
PPV will be shown live at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT and then on replay at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT

::handshake::

triathlete
04-08-2010, 10:53 PM

You know, it's funny you mentioned this. We had a discussion at work about people who post stuff online (typically news sites and Facebook) with typically inane quotes and one-sided perspectives. We were saying that if anyone makes a statement on health care, abortion, government, or anything, they have to cite their statement -- or be penalized. That way, we can all read the context of the quote or statement and see if it's a load of bullshit, or true.

For example. SPX's mom happened (Luke, 2010)

Works Cited
Luke, UFC 112 Discussion Thread, p. 11, InvestWithSports.com Retrieved on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:56 pm

Haha... Luke 20:10. Almost sounds biblical... like it came from God or something. And so Luke sayeth to disciple SPX upon the mountain top. A verse from the LORD, "Your mom happened." And it was so.

Luke
04-08-2010, 11:01 PM

You know, it's funny you mentioned this. We had a discussion at work about people who post stuff online (typically news sites and Facebook) with typically inane quotes and one-sided perspectives. We were saying that if anyone makes a statement on health care, abortion, government, or anything, they have to cite their statement -- or be penalized. That way, we can all read the context of the quote or statement and see if it's a load of bullshit, or true.

For example. SPX's mom happened (Luke, 2010)

Works Cited
Luke, UFC 112 Discussion Thread, p. 11, InvestWithSports.com Retrieved on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:56 pm

Haha... Luke 20:10. Almost sounds biblical... like it came from God or something. And so Luke sayeth to disciple SPX upon the mountain top. A verse from the LORD, "Your mom happened." And it was so.

::lmao:: that was great

zY|
04-08-2010, 11:02 PM
triathlete wins

SPX
04-08-2010, 11:31 PM
triathlete wins

Truth.

Clever shit.

poopoo333
04-09-2010, 06:05 AM
I got bored: 0.5u parlay on Munoz, Penn, Hughes, Taylor, Veach, and Davis.

Mr. IWS
04-09-2010, 08:45 AM
My guy is finally breaking down and letting me do a parlay, but same event only, which is cool with me.

So, I will be doing a Penn/Silva parlay for 1 unit.

Thewiseman
04-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Lots of action
GSP(win), Okami(win)

Dos Anjos 1u to win 1.5u
Grove .5u to win .72u
Veach 2u to win 1u
Story 1.9u to win 1u
Al Turk .38u to win 1u
Silva quickest TKO/KO of the night .2u to win 1u
Gusafsson quickes KO/TKO of the night .08u to win 1u
Gustafsson .24u to win 1u

Thewiseman
04-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Added some parlays
Veach
Blackburn
Story
Taylor
Davis
Dos Anjos by dec
Grove
Hughes by dec
Edgar by dec
.02u to win 36.8u

.02u to win 7.68u

Veach
Story
Taylor
Davis
Dos Anjos by dec
Hughes by dec
Penn/Edgar over
.04u to win 3u

Veach
Story
Hughes by dec
Penn/Edgar over
Silva ITD
.1u to win 1.4u
Added 3 parlays. Took all the ones with Davis and put in Gustaffson. All 3 risking .02u. Payouts are 6.68u, 33.74u, and 227.8u

MMA_scientist
04-09-2010, 09:55 AM

Lagasse Stadium at the Palazzo?

I know a bunch of MMA bettors that think it is secret. But it is not. Supposed to be the best lines, and always has the undercard unlike a lot of Vegas casinos. I have placed several bets there.

triathlete
04-09-2010, 10:01 AM

I've always wanted to go there. I saw a thing on the web about the place. Looks pretty rad. I'll be in Vegas next weekend so I'll have to check it out . . .

MMA_scientist
04-09-2010, 10:26 AM

I've always wanted to go there. I saw a thing on the web about the place. Looks pretty rad. I'll be in Vegas next weekend so I'll have to check it out . . .

Let me know. It does look like a pretty cool place to hang out and watch sports and eat... I have placed some bets there, though a friend, but never actually been in the place. But I do hear it is sweet... and they are good for mma lines.

Luke
04-09-2010, 01:34 PM
I'll have to check it out at the Palazzo.I'm heading out there May 15th .I usually watch everything at the Wynn but Strikeforce is May 15th so maybe I'll try the Palazzo this time

MMA_scientist
04-09-2010, 01:37 PM
^^ look at teh website for Lagasse's at the Palazzo. It looks pretty sweet.

Mr. IWS
04-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Anyone watch the UFC countdown show? I could have sworn I saw Jacare rolling with Anderson a couple times.

Can anyone verify that?

Luke
04-09-2010, 02:10 PM
^^ look at teh website for Lagasse's at the Palazzo. It looks pretty sweet.

Looks really nice but small

MMA_scientist
04-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Anyone watch the UFC countdown show? I could have sworn I saw Jacare rolling with Anderson a couple times.

Can anyone verify that?

I have it DVRd to watch tonight, but they have trained together before. Maia and Silva were in the same camp for a while.

zY|
04-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Fights happened earlier than scheduled.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/110059/2rr3xq8.jpg

Mr. IWS
04-09-2010, 03:18 PM
NAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thewiseman
04-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Fights happened earlier than scheduled.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/110059/2rr3xq8.jpg
That would suck

Thewiseman
04-09-2010, 03:25 PM

Can anyone verify that?
I think he trained with Jacare for the Leites fight.

MMA_scientist
04-09-2010, 04:10 PM
My final bets:

.5 on Maia @ +500
2u dos Anjos @ +140
5u Hughes @ -455
4u Veach @ -170

I also want to be on record that I think Maia is going to be champ tomorrow.

You can join the Maia prayer vigil here: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f12/maia-prayer-vigil-1037892/ It is a tradition in the f12.

Luke
04-09-2010, 04:13 PM
My final bets:

.5 on Maia @ +500
2u dos Anjos @ +140
5u Hughes @ -455
4u Veach @ -170

I also want to be on record that I think Maia is going to be champ tomorrow.

You can join the Maia prayer vigil here: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f12/maia-prayer-vigil-1037892/ It is a tradition in the f12.

GL MMAscientist

think I'm going to pull the trigger on Hughes at -360 .Its dropped enough that I think its a good bet and in my range now

MMA_scientist
04-09-2010, 04:17 PM
^^ yeah, I really wish I would have waited. I thought it would go back to -500, so I jumped too early.

IMO, Renzo can win this fight either by guillotine choke, or by taking the back from guard. That's about it. Renzo has never been a guard whiz, so it will have to be the guillotine. I would take Renzo by guillotine prop bet for +1000.

Mr. IWS
04-09-2010, 04:18 PM
That prayer vigil thread is hillarious.

MMA_scientist
04-09-2010, 04:24 PM
That prayer vigil thread is hillarious.

Its funny, everytime Maia fights, a prayer vigil thread pops up for "jiu jitsu jesus."

I rarely venture outside of the grappling forum on SD- way too many retards. It is actually a pretty decent forum for SD... vastly superior to the Heavyweights in every regard. There are some funny threads in there from time to time.

credit to YeahBee:

"Our Maia, who art on the ground,

Hallowed be thy Name.

Thy takedown come.

Thy sub be done,

In the cage as it is on the mat.

Give us this day our daily sweep.

And forgive us our taps,

As we forgive those who taps against us.

And lead us not into a guilliotine,

But deliver us from heelhooks.

For thine is the ground,

and the choke,

and the tapout,

for ever and ever.

Verbal submission."

SPX
04-09-2010, 04:28 PM
I rarely venture outside of the grappling forum on SD- way too many retards. It is actually a pretty decent forum for SD... vastly superior to the Heavyweights in every regard. There are some funny threads in there from time to time.

Oh, I see, you're one of THOSE guys. . .

Don't be deceived, the Heavies are where it's at.

MMA_scientist
04-09-2010, 04:34 PM

Oh, I see, you're one of THOSE guys. . .

Don't be deceived, the Heavies are where it's at.

totally. I hate the heavies. I won't even look at it. Its full of jackasses. I am a massive Sher-snob (2005 join date, so I am too good to post in the heavies... but I never did like it, almost all of my posts are in f12).

I will say that the grappling forum also sucks at handicapping, but not as bad as the heavies. They are all bjj apologists like me, so they always think the bjj guy is gonna win.

That's why I come here to talk mma, where there are only a few jackasses.

SPX
04-09-2010, 04:41 PM
totally. I hate the heavies. I won't even look at it. Its full of jackasses. I am a massive Sher-snob (2005 join date, so I am too good to post in the heavies... but I never did like it, almost all of my posts are in f12).

I will say that the grappling forum also sucks at handicapping, but not as bad as the heavies. They are all bjj apologists like me, so they always think the bjj guy is gonna win.

I love the Heavies. I stay there almost exclusively, only occasionally venturing into Contenders, and even less frequently going to Mayberry or the stand up forum.

Yes, it's full of retards, but that's part of it's charm. It's very entertaining, and for serious MMA discussion, there are plenty of very knowledgable posters as well.

Mr. IWS
04-09-2010, 04:42 PM

::winna::

MMA_scientist
04-09-2010, 04:50 PM

I love the Heavies. I stay there almost exclusively, only occasionally venturing into Contenders, and even less frequently going to Mayberry or the stand up forum.

Yes, it's full of retards, but that's part of it's charm. It's very entertaining, and for serious MMA discussion, there are plenty of very knowledgable posters as well.

ah, well I guess we find different things "charming" and "entertaining." There are a handful of good posters but, they are soundly drowned out by the legions of idiots. Its almost unbearable trying to read a betting thread. I tried for a minute, probably posted my picks 2 or 3 times hoping for some discussion, but gave up quickly.

"Dude, why woud you make a bet you might actually win, when you can bet 10 cents on a 63 fight parlay? I made 100 million last year of a 10 cent investment."

SPX
04-09-2010, 04:53 PM
ah, well I guess we find different things "charming" and "entertaining."

I guess so.

There are a handful of good posters but, they are soundly drowned out by the legions of idiots. Its almost unbearable trying to read a betting thread. I tried for a minute, probably posted my picks 2 or 3 times hoping for some discussion, but gave up quickly.

"Dude, why woud you make a bet you might actually win, when you can bet 10 cents on a 63 fight parlay? I made 100 million last year of a 10 cent investment."

Whenever I'm on the fence about a fight I usually post something over there so see what people have to say. I get some good responses usually. Sure, there's lots of bullshit, but I don't think it's quite as bad you make it out to be.

The fact of the matter is that Sherdog is THE forum for MMA fans and the Heavies is where the Zuffa discussion takes place.

SPX
04-09-2010, 05:00 PM
This event sucks for betting, by the way.

MMA_scientist
04-09-2010, 05:02 PM
This event sucks for betting, by the way.

Only if you are on the wrong side.

If I win all of my bets, I can make 7u. If I lose only Maia, I will make 5u. If I lose Maia and dos Anjos, I will still make almost 1u. If I go 1-3 or 0-4, well... I guess I am going to lose. I really need the HIT Squad to pull through for me.

But I agree, it is one of the tougher cards to find value.

MMA_scientist
04-09-2010, 05:08 PM
The fact of the matter is that Sherdog is THE forum for MMA fans and the Heavies is where the Zuffa discussion takes place.

Well just like anything that attracts the masses, it usually sucks.

WalMart is THE biggest department store. McDonalds is THE most popular restaurant. Ford is the THE most popular make of car (right?, maybe Toyota). Is McDonalds better than Peter Lugar's? No. Is a Ford better than a Ferrarri, or even a Volvo? No.

If you want to see the dregs of society, go to Walmart. If you want to see the dregs of MMA discussion, heavies.

SPX
04-09-2010, 05:29 PM

WalMart is THE biggest department store. McDonalds is THE most popular restaurant. Ford is the THE most popular make of car (right?, maybe Toyota). Is McDonalds better than Peter Lugar's? No. Is a Ford better than a Ferrarri, or even a Volvo? No.

If you want to see the dregs of society, go to Walmart. If you want to see the dregs of MMA discussion, heavies.

Wow, elitist!

I shop at Walmart. I also eat at McDonald's. To be honest, I was just having a conversation the other day about how the more expensive a restaurant is, the more it usually sucks. I'm not saying that I can't find better food than McDonald's, but to give a more realistic example, I honestly usually have a very hard time finding better tasting and more satisfying food than I can get at Applebees.

As for Sherdog, like I said, there's a lot of bullshit there, but I do honestly find it entertaining. There are also a lot of very smart guys who know a lot about MMA and have been following it for years and years. I also like the fact that it's busy. The forum is constantly moving. It's not like you make a post and have to wait 3 hours before there's a response.

zY|
04-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Scientist, what's your Shertard user name?

MMA_scientist
04-09-2010, 07:42 PM
^ I guess I am an elitist, because I think Applebee's in inedible swill.

My SD name is armtriangle

SPX
04-09-2010, 08:31 PM

I love Applebees.

Their boneless chicken wings are excellent and their 2 for $20 deal is awesome.

I've had my encounters with fancy pants, white table cloth restaurants, too. They are almost always sub-par. I remember one place in particular that I went a little while back called Ticos. . . A steak by itself was like $40 or some shit like that. When my steak came out the grease in the plate was still boiling and popping and, not only did end up getting attacked by my food, but it also just wasn't that good.

SPX
04-10-2010, 01:09 AM
Riding the dogs on this one:

Grove: 1u to win 1.1u (obviously should've waited on this one, but I though Grove would become the favorite)
Edgar: .25u to win 1.31u
Dos Anjos: 1u to win 1.85u
Maia: .25u to win .81u (definitely should've waited on this one; taking him at +325 seems like a joke now)

Luke
04-10-2010, 01:26 AM

Wow, elitist!

I shop at Walmart. I also eat at McDonald's. To be honest, I was just having a conversation the other day about how the more expensive a restaurant is, the more it usually sucks. I'm not saying that I can't find better food than McDonald's, but to give a more realistic example, I honestly usually have a very hard time finding better tasting and more satisfying food than I can get at Applebees.

As for Sherdog, like I said, there's a lot of bullshit there, but I do honestly find it entertaining. There are also a lot of very smart guys who know a lot about MMA and have been following it for years and years. I also like the fact that it's busy. The forum is constantly moving. It's not like you make a post and have to wait 3 hours before there's a response.

I hate Mcdonalds , dont shop at Walmart and never been on the Sherdog forum ::handshake::

Luke
04-10-2010, 01:29 AM

My SD name is armtriangle

I like applebees,chilis,tgi fridays

Luke
04-10-2010, 01:33 AM
^^ yeah, I really wish I would have waited. I thought it would go back to -500, so I jumped too early.

IMO, Renzo can win this fight either by guillotine choke, or by taking the back from guard. That's about it. Renzo has never been a guard whiz, so it will have to be the guillotine. I would take Renzo by guillotine prop bet for +1000.

The line for hughes opened at -290 and shot to -550 .I thought at -500 it was worth a bet but I wasnt going to be it .
I never thought it would come back down either.I just locked in a bet on Hughes -360

3.6 units to win 1.

Might need someone to text me the results of the fight when it goes final.Any volunteers?

Mr. IWS
04-10-2010, 10:42 AM
I locked in BJ -my car payment
and parlay BJ and Anderson

Both for one unit

Thewiseman
04-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Added some parlays
Veach
Blackburn
Story
Taylor
Davis
Dos Anjos by dec
Grove
Hughes by dec
Edgar by dec
.02u to win 36.8u

.02u to win 7.68u

Veach
Story
Taylor
Davis
Dos Anjos by dec
Hughes by dec
Penn/Edgar over
.04u to win 3u

Veach
Story
Hughes by dec
Penn/Edgar over
Silva ITD
.1u to win 1.4u
Added 3 parlays. Took all the ones with Davis and put in Gustaffson. All 3 risking .02u. Payouts are 6.68u, 33.74u, and 227.8u
All parlays are dead, lost .24u. I would rather lose them early, instead of getting my hopes up and losing them with only 1 fight left.

Thewiseman
04-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Down 2.63u so far.

Mr. IWS
04-10-2010, 11:42 AM
X or Luke, can one of you text me while the Penn fight is going down? I might be back in time, but not sure.

PM me if you can, and Ill give you my number.

triathlete
04-10-2010, 12:04 PM

I'd have to agree with the Scientist on this one. Chili's, Applebees, TGIF, those are all places I go for drink specials - not dinner. In fact, the most drunk I've ever gotten was at Applebees in Fargo, ND. Had Long Island's for a buck... came in a fishbowl looking thing. Don't remember much.

I'm a Scrubway kind of person (which I'm not proud of). It's close to work and cheap.

Otherwise, PB&J will do.

Ludo
04-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Damn. Veach lost, Madsen won, Demarques Johnson won, and Paul Taylor didn't get medically cleared and had to withdraw.

Thewiseman
04-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Down almost 1u on the undercard. Lots of action on the main card though. Wasted a little on Al-Turk and Gustafsson, and had 2u on Veach. Won 2u of Story though.

Ludo
04-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Phil Davis wins by Anaconda choke at 4:55 of round one

SPX
04-10-2010, 12:55 PM
X or Luke, can one of you text me while the Penn fight is going down? I might be back in time, but not sure.

I would, but I'm staying away from the main card until tonight. I hope to catch the replay at the bar if they're showing it.

SPX
04-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Damn. Veach lost, Madsen won, Demarques Johnson won, and Paul Taylor didn't get medically cleared and had to withdraw.

Regarding Veach, I knew Kelly deserved a little more credit than he was getting around here. The guy's a solid fighter, just not elite.

Glad to to see that Johnson won. He's a local guy. I should've put something on him just cuz.

Glad to see that Story won. Wish I had pulled the trigger on that one now.

zY|
04-10-2010, 01:23 PM
The Munoz/Grove fight was amazing.

triathlete
04-10-2010, 01:25 PM
The Munoz/Grove fight was amazing.

I thought it was over in the first round 4 separate times... damn.

Ludo
04-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Munoz is one durable dude.

zY|
04-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Early candidate for FOTN.

I just knew Grove was gonna lock one of those chokes up.

triathlete
04-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Anyone ever been to the UAE?

Ludo
04-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Negative Ghost Rider

zY|
04-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Christ, Dos Anjos/Etim was badass too.

zY|
04-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Phil Davis really does look like a giant black GSP.

triathlete
04-10-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm not doing so well with this whole sports betting thing this event.

Ludo
04-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Don't think much of it, Triathlete, this card was shit for betting value.

zY|
04-10-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm 1-0 SOMEHOW.

I put small bets on Hughes and Munoz last minute.

Regretted the Munoz bet about 7 seconds in.

triathlete
04-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Don't think much of it, Triathlete, this card was shit for betting value.

Thanks for the support. I think I need to put the training wheels back on the bike a few events :) ::beatup::

zY|
04-10-2010, 02:06 PM
What the fuck is Hughes doing? Get this on the ground.

triathlete
04-10-2010, 02:15 PM
It's been like a strange courting dance - the second round.

zY|
04-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Dreadful fight.

I've got it

Rd 1
10-10

Rd 2
10-9 Hughes

zY|
04-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Finally Matt.

You should've done that 4 minutes ago.

What a bizarre fight.

triathlete
04-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Renzo won't have a leg after tonight.

zY|
04-10-2010, 02:39 PM
10-9 Penn

BJ is cut under his eye though.

zY|
04-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Edgar just threw BJ on his ass, but he jumped back up.

Rd 2 10-9 Penn

Luke
04-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Just got home thanks for the texts everyone ,NOT

Did Hughes win?

zY|
04-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Yes Hughes won.

I think Frankie Edgar may have taken round 3.

Luke
04-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Just found a link .Guess I'll get to watch the Silva fight at least

zY|
04-10-2010, 02:58 PM
This fight is going exactly like I expected.

4 rounds in and it's a straight kickboxing match.

Penn is up 3 rounds to 1 on my scorecard, but it's very competitive.

Luke
04-10-2010, 02:59 PM

Did anyone gets Zak number to text him for the Penn fight?

zY|
04-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Shit I missed that post. No.

zY|
04-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Scores on this fight will be all over. These rounds are close. Under 2 minutes.

Frankie took him down and landed a big punch from guard before BJ hopped up.

zY|
04-10-2010, 03:04 PM
To the scorecards.

You can all suck my ass.

triathlete
04-10-2010, 03:04 PM
What an odd bunch of fights these are. . .

zY|
04-10-2010, 03:06 PM
EDGAR WINS

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

BAD DECISION

triathlete
04-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Holy fuck.

Ludo
04-10-2010, 03:07 PM
what the FUCK

Luke
04-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Penn lost wtf? Zak's going to be pissed

zY|
04-10-2010, 03:08 PM
I had Frankie winning rounds 3 and 5.

What fucking judge had it 50-45?

Retarded.

Luke
Was that a good or bad decision? I turned my stream on just as the decisions were read

Ludo
there goes 6.7 units

triathlete
Penn lost wtf? Zak's going to be pissed

No doubt... didn't he say something about a car payment?