PDA

View Full Version : 2-8-10

Mr. IWS
02-08-2010, 08:57 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
02-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Ben Burns

NBA pick

10* Best Bet Over 218 Golden State/Dallas Mavericks
8* TNT Roast Over 194 Orlando Magics/New Orleans Hornets

NCAAB pick

10* GOM Texas +2

Mr. IWS
02-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Lang

15 DIME - NEW MEXICO STATE AGGIES

NEW MEXICO STATE
A case of two teams heading in opposite directions tonight.

New Mexico State has been rolling since their 78-72 win at Pepperdine back on December 18th.

They have won 10 of their last 12 SU and ATS with the only losses to Nevada at home and at San Jose State by 9.

In this great run they have deliver knockout blows everywhere to everyone such as Utah State 55-52 as a 7 point home dog, Fresno by 11 as a 2 point favorite and San Jose State by 12 as a 7 1/2 point chalk.

They are playing their best basketball of the year right now.

In compiling their 18-4 record this year Louisiana Tech's schedule fell perfectly in place but sometimes you can do it with mirrors.

The only wins you could maybe call "signature" wins of those 18 wins away from home are what, the Houston Cougars of TCU?

Those are the only non conference wins they have of significance.

I don't think you can call Texas-Pan American one, or La Monroe or Centenary.

Other than that, they lost at New Mexico and at Arizona.

Now after starting a perfect 4-0 ATS in conference play they are now on the other side failing to cover 5 in a row.

Furthermore, they lost at San Jose State by 11 as a 6 1/2 point favorite, struggled to beat Hawaii before coming home to getting rocked by this same New Mexico State team 91-77 as a 10 point favorite.

They rebounded to get revenge against San Jose State at home 71-64 failing to cover the 11 and now get the quick rematch versus the Aggies.

When you are known as a defensive team like Tech is and you allow a team to light you up for 91 points on your home floor, to me it's a match up problem.

And I will gladly grab some value with a New Mexico State team I feel is just the better team all the way around.

Aggies make it 2 in a row over Louisiana Tech tonight.

15 dimer - New Mexico State

FREE PICK - LOYOLA CHICAGO RAMBLERS

Mr. IWS
02-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Big Al

Texas
West Virginia

Mr. IWS
02-08-2010, 03:00 PM
SCOTT SPREITZER
3* West Virginia

Mr. IWS
02-08-2010, 03:32 PM
ROOT

Millionaire: west Virginia

Mr. IWS
02-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Larry Ness' NBA Total of the Month!
At 8:00 ET my *10* "TOM" is on the NO/Orl OVER the number.

The Orlando Magic are coming off a huge win, a 96-89 victory over the Boston Celtics that allowed the Magic to virtually erase their loss to the Washington Wizards on Friday (or at least allowed their fans to forget about it). The Hornets, who had lost three straight games got a win over the Bobcats on Saturday night to put an end to their losing streak. The Hornets are currently two games out of the eighth spot (behind the Portland Trail Blazers) so every game is important. The city of New Orleans is abuzz because of the Saints’ Super Bowl victory over the Indianapolis Colts and the Hornets would love to ride that momentum to a victory Monday night (note: New Orleans has in fact seen the total go "over" the posted number in 8 of its last 9 overall and in 5 of its last 5 on the road). The Magic enter the game looking for their sixth win in seven games and their ninth win in their last 11 games. The Hornets are 11-16 away from home and the Magic are 19-5 at Amway Arena (note: Orlando has seen the total go "over" the number in 12 of 23 home games this season). Look for both these teams to build off their recent victories; play on the OVER.

Good luck...Larry.

Larry Ness' Superstar (TV) Triple Play! CBB
This three game report includes plays on West Virginia, Texas and New Mexico State.

At 7:00 ET the first *8* of my STP is on West Virginia.

The Wildcats (20-2 overall, 9-1 Big East) saw their 11-game winning streak snapped Saturday at Georgetown, 103-90. They will play at the WVU Coliseum, where fans have been criticized nationally for vulgar language and poor sportsmanship. On their last trip to Morgantown nearly a year ago, the Cats fell under a 43-point barrage from Da'Sean Butler and were routed, 93-72. Georgetown sank 8 of 13 three-point shots against them in the first half and finished 10 of 19 for the game. With Butler going 7 of 7 from beyond the arc, West Virginia (19-3, 8-2) knocked down 10 treys in 15 tries in its 79-60 win Saturday over St. John's. While Villanova outscored the Hoyas, 36-26, in the paint, its four inside players managed a grand total of nine points. Starter Antonio Pena played only 11 minutes before fouling out. Freshman Isaiah Armwood grabbed five rebounds in 20 minutes, but missed three shots and two free-throw attempts (note: Villanova is in fact just 1-4 ATS its last five vs. West Virginia). The Mountaineers, winners of six straight, are led by Butler, a 6-foot-7 senior, who scored 33 against St. John's and is averaging 17.3 points. Kevin Jones, a 6-8 sophomore, is at 14.2 points, and 6-9 sophomore Devin Ebanks averages 11.1 points and a team-high 8.7 rebounds. Dalton Pepper, a 6-5 freshman from Pennsbury High, has played in 20 of WVU's 22 games off the bench and averages 4.2 points while shooting 36.2 percent from three-point range (note: not only are the Mountaineers 5-0 SU their last five, they are also 13-1 SU their last 14). Villanova may be anxious to erase that sub-par effort, but I'm expecting another letdown in this position; lay the points.

Good luck...Larry.

At 9:00 ET the second *8* of my STP is on Texas.

No. 1-ranked Kansas (22-1) has looked like the team it was supposed to be at the beginning of the season, but the No. 9 Longhorns (19-4) have stumbled about the place since being elevated to the top poll position back on Jan. 11. So instead of being a showdown with rankings and No. 1 seeds and the Big 12 championship among the stakes, this game is something entirely different, particularly for Texas. "It's not as hyped up as it was," Longhorns forward Gary Johnson said. "We thought they'd still be undefeated, we'd still be undefeated going into the game." The reasons Texas has plummeted from its brief stay atop the college basketball world aren't all that elusive, though they're not as simple as the media's obsession with the horrid free throw percentage would indicate. The Longhorns have shot .498 from the field in their victories, just .396 in defeat. Their offense has lacked direction through much of the year, but they have so many talented weapons that one or two getting hot in a night – along with reliable star Damion James – generally has been enough to get the Horns through; I expect a concerted effort on both sides of the court at the Frank Erwin Center (note: Texas always plays tough in front of the home town crowd; dating back to last year 15-1 SU its last 16). Marcus Morris had 20 points with 11 rebounds and Sherron Collins added 17 points Saturday, but Kansas needed a 16-1 spurt early in the second half to overcome a four-point deficit and beat last-place Nebraska 75-64. The Jayhawks shot 48.1 percent for their eighth straight victory since losing at then-No. 16 Tennessee on Jan. 10; I expect a letdown tonight (note: Kansas is just 3-6-1 ATS its last 10 overall and just 1-3-1 ATS its last five on the road). The Jayhawks shoddy play catches up to them tonight; grab the points.

Good luck...Larry.

At 9:00 ET the third *8* of my STP is on New Mexico State.

Magnum Rolle scored 21 points to lead Louisiana Tech to a 71-64 victory over San Jose State on Thursday night. Rolle hit consecutive baskets to give the Bulldogs (19-4, 7-2 Western Athletic Conference) a 46-32 lead with 14:20 to play and they never trailed again to win for the second time in three games. Olu Ashaolu added nine points and eight rebounds for the Bulldogs, who shot 14-for-28 from the field in the second half; I expect a letdown tonight (note: Louisiana Tech is 0-5 ATS its last five games; just 1-6 SU its last seven vs. New Mexico State). New Mexico State’s backcourt of Jahmar Young and Jonathan Gibson combined for 45 points and 10 assists Saturday as the Aggies defeated San Jose State 94-82. Young had 25 points and Gibson 20 while each had five assists for New Mexico State (14-8, 7-2 Western Athletic). Troy Gillenwater added 19 and 11 rebounds, and Hamidu Rahman had 11 points and 13 rebounds. The Aggies’ biggest advantage came at the free-throw line, where they hit 18 of 24 shots compared to 9 of 14 for the Spartans; I look for them to carry momentum into this game (note: New Mexico State is both 6-1 SU and ATS its last eight). Matchup issues for the Bulldogs tonight; lay the points.

Good luck...Larry.

Mr. IWS
02-08-2010, 06:56 PM
WAYNE ROOT
3* Vegas Legend New Orleans Hornets

Mr. IWS
02-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Private Players Of Pittsburgh
5% *LOYOLA-CHICAGO
5% NEW MEXICO ST
3% *FAIRFIELD