Luke
02-16-2010, 07:57 PM
http://www.bestfightodds.com/events/236.png

Luke
02-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Cant believe Fitch is that low .I'll be all over him for sure at almost a pick

SPX
02-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Just put 1.25u on both Fitch and Almeida, each at -115.

Fitch will probably due to Alves what he does to everyone else, and that's get their back and rape them for three rounds.

Brown's a good fighter, but I don't think he's ready for the experience of Almeida. Also, in terms of BJJ Almeida should have the advantage. On the feet? I'd say Brown, but I doubt it will stay on the feet.

zY|
02-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Are you guys serious?

I'm pretty confident Alves is going to knock Fitch out.

SPX
02-16-2010, 09:33 PM
Are you guys serious?

Well then you're chariot awaits. Better jump on Thiago while you can!

Luke
02-16-2010, 09:37 PM

Fitch will probably due to Alves what he does to everyone else, and that's get their back and rape them for three rounds.

I 100% agree

Luke
02-16-2010, 09:41 PM
Are you guys serious?

Wait makes you think he can stop the takedown attempts?

zY|
02-16-2010, 09:45 PM

I 100% agree

I think Alves is going to stuff his takedowns and light him the fuck up on the feet. Fitch is a late starter and was nearly finished by Mike Pierce.

Alves has improved much more since their first fight. Even GSP couldn't keep him down. I don't think GSP-lite is going to fare so well.

It's a shame this is a 3 round fight. I'm super pumped for it.

zY|
02-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Are you guys serious?

Wait makes you think he can stop the takedown attempts?

Because Fitch doesn't set them up at all and Alves has a tremendous sprawl.

Ludo
02-17-2010, 01:49 AM
Personally I can see a case for Alves/Fitch 2 going either way. The problem is that while Alves has improved a few area's of his game he is STILL showing signs of being easily controlled on the ground by wrestlers. Even Derrick Noble had his way with Alves back in their first meeting. Fitch has only ever been knocked out once in his career but Alves is likely to get outworked again and become just another victim of Fitch's smotherfuck technique.

Lets not forget Alves' tremendous striking power. His leg kicks are the kind of thing that ruin fighters.Due to his size he's got knockout power in just about everything he throws. Allowing yourself to get caught by too many shots regardless of where they land isn't advisable to those who want to have lengthy careers in MMA. He does have a good sprawl and a nasty knee for anyone who telegraphs the shoot.

Fitch has other means of taking a fight to the ground than just his shoot though. Alves has looked less than impressive in the clinch especially when he's being pressed against the cage which is exactly where Fitch is likely to want to get this fight early and often. For all his size I haven't seen an overabundance of Alves' bullying people in the clinch.

I honestly see Fitch taking this one, but it's a little too close to call. Alves is still very dangerous standing. His power is tremendous, his kicks and knees can cripple a man. I'm questioning his confidence to use them in this one, alot like the GSP fight. Will he be be too respectful of the takedowns to do his thing?

Personally I like Fitch in this one.

zY|
02-17-2010, 02:08 AM
Personally I can see a case for Alves/Fitch 2 going either way. The problem is that while Alves has improved a few area's of his game he is STILL showing signs of being easily controlled on the ground by wrestlers. Even Derrick Noble had his way with Alves back in their first meeting. Fitch has only ever been knocked out once in his career but Alves is likely to get outworked again and become just another victim of Fitch's smotherfuck technique.

Lets not forget Alves' tremendous striking power. His leg kicks are the kind of thing that ruin fighters.Due to his size he's got knockout power in just about everything he throws. Allowing yourself to get caught by too many shots regardless of where they land isn't advisable to those who want to have lengthy careers in MMA. He does have a good sprawl and a nasty knee for anyone who telegraphs the shoot.

Fitch has other means of taking a fight to the ground than just his shoot though. Alves has looked less than impressive in the clinch especially when he's being pressed against the cage which is exactly where Fitch is likely to want to get this fight early and often. For all his size I haven't seen an overabundance of Alves' bullying people in the clinch.

I honestly see Fitch taking this one, but it's a little too close to call. Alves is still very dangerous standing. His power is tremendous, his kicks and knees can cripple a man. I'm questioning his confidence to use them in this one, alot like the GSP fight. Will he be be too respectful of the takedowns to do his thing?

Koscheck?

Ludo
02-17-2010, 02:43 AM

Koscheck?

Not Koscheck.... Round one had zero clinching.

Round two had a brief clinch from about 3:17 left until about 2:45 where Thiago allowed himself and Kos to rest while neither was really working(save for the foot stomps). Thiago turned an over under and pressed Kos to the cage before seperating about 3 seconds later.
Kos shoots for a takedown at about 1:10 left of the second, it fails and he keeps trying for another for about 46 seconds before Josh raises to a bodylock, Thiago has the over under again but he's not doing anything but throwing weak arm punches and getting leaned on.

4:17 left in the third after rocking Koscheck Thiago clinches, pushing Koscheck into the corner they weren't far from before seperating after no strikes or anything with 4:11 left.
Kos initiates a clinch after being rocked again at 3:57 left, Koscheck turns Thiago and pushes Alves' back to the cage at 3:54 before working for a takedown thats stuffed twice. Alves pushes Koscheck away at 3:28 left. There is no more clinch work for the rest of the fight.

Two minutes worth of clinching(roughly) and Thiago was pressed up against the cage for all but about 10 seconds of it. I wouldn't call that bullying Koscheck. He definitely beat Koscheck down and ate him alive standing. I was incorrect when I said he looked less than impressive in the Koscheck fight, simply because he was able to avoid getting taken down except once for about 3 seconds. But the overall message about Alves in the clinch is spot on, including that fight.

Mr. IWS
02-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Noice!

Spike TV on Monday announced plans to air two live preliminary matches at UFC 111 “St. Pierre vs. Hardy” on March 27 at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

A welterweight matchup pairing former middleweight King of Pancrase Ricardo Almeida with Matt Brown will highlight the Spike TV menu, along with a showdown between “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 5 winner Nate Diaz and International Fight League veteran Rory Markham.

Almeida, a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt under Renzo Gracie and New Jersey resident, has earned unanimous decision nods against former IFL middleweight champion Matt Horwich and “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 3 winner Kendall Grove in his last two appearances. A knee injury has sidelined the 33-year-old since August. UFC 111 will serve as Almeida’s debut at 170 pounds.

The resilient 29-year-old Brown has quietly worked his way up the welterweight ranks, winning four of his five bouts in the Octagon. Brown, a product of Jorge Gurgel’s Ohio academy, picked up a third-round technical knockout against “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 9 winner James Wilks at UFC 105 three months ago in Manchester, England.

Meanwhile, Diaz has dropped three of his last four fights, including a split decision defeat to the unbeaten Gray Maynard at UFC Fight Night 20 last month. A Brazilian jiu-jitsu brown belt under Cesar Gracie, the 24-year-old Stockton, Calif., native owns noteworthy victories against Melvin Guillard, Kurt Pellegrino and former Ring of Fire lightweight champion Alvin Robinson. Diaz has secured eight of his 11 career wins by submission.

A potent stand-up fighter who has knocked out UFC veterans Brad Blackburn, Mike Pyle and Pat Healy, the oft-injured Markham has not competed in more than a year. He last appeared in February 2009, when he was leveled by Dan Hardy in just 69 seconds. Spawned by the famed Miletich Fighting Systems camp, the 27-year-old Markham has never gone the distance as a professional -- a span of 21 bouts.

zY|
02-23-2010, 10:50 AM
^^from what I've heard, the ufc has a deal with spike to air 10 preliminary shows this year

MMA_scientist
02-23-2010, 12:32 PM
These are some close fights.

I think Fitch will win, but could see it either way-

I will probably bet on Palhares. Almeida should win, I might take him. He makes me nervous though, as he does not seem like he really wants to fight anymore.

I think Ellenberger will beat Saunders, and have no idea why is the underdog. Is Saunders better off his back than Condit? He might be better in the clinch at this point, but I see a lot of big takedowns. I will probably bet there too.

SPX
02-23-2010, 02:20 PM
I think Ellenberger will beat Saunders, and have no idea why is the underdog. Is Saunders better off his back than Condit? He might be better in the clinch at this point, but I see a lot of big takedowns. I will probably bet there too.

My main concern is Ellenberger getting tied up in the clinch, because Saunders' clinch is fucking deadly and he's giving up about 3 inches in height. Ellenberger really has impressed the shit out of me, though. I bet on him against Pyle and he destroyed Pyle.

I'm hoping Ellenberger hits +150. If he does, I'll definitely take him. I might do it even at +130 if I can't get anything better.

Mr. IWS
03-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Ive been looking at the Mir/Carwin fight a little today.

I havent heard much about Carwins layoff, which will be over a year when he steps in the octagon again. He is also coming off some minor surgery.

Anyone think this will affect him?

MMA_scientist
03-01-2010, 11:49 AM
I don't put too much stock in it personally.

I like Carwin more as I consider it- his preparation for GG will have helped him prepare for Mir. They are both good strikers with poor takedowns and good bjj. Obviously, Mir has looked good, but he is going to have to beat Carwin with strikes which he has definately shown he can do lately. But I still don't but this "Mir is an awesome striker" theory. Where did this come from? Did he suddenly learn how to strike after 10 years in MMA? Cain definately took some of the shine off of his Nog performance, especially if Nog was also sick for Mir. His win over Kongo was still impressive, but less face it, Kongo is not very good on the ground (not so impressed with the guilotine, which, probably would have burned him out if Kongo had survived- but am am surprised that he dropped him with a punch).

So it might be my anti-Mir bias. But I like Carwin more then more I consider it.

SPX
03-01-2010, 12:19 PM
I think you are probably being a little hard on Mir. There's really not much doubt that his striking has looked improved, even after 10 years. I agree that Cain's win over Nog has thrown Mir's into question. As for the Kongo fight, it was so short that it's hard to figure out exactly what it tells us about Mir. Could he do it again? I really don't know.

I have 1u on Carwin at +150, but I think this one could go either way.

zY|
03-01-2010, 12:19 PM
^^When was the last time you actually watched Carwin's fights. I rewatched all 3 of his UFC fights yesterday, and he looks terrible in all of them. He's very slow, very stiff, throws predictable one twos, and gets smashed in the face by EVERYBODY. Old Skool Neil Wain was lighting him up.

The fact that he has game changing power makes it tough to bet against him, but that is his really his only positive attribute.

EDIT: Ninja'd by SPX, was replying to Scientist.

SPX
03-01-2010, 12:34 PM
I agree with most everything you said, zY. If he had the sort of power that Cain typical shows in his fights, then I doubt he would even be any sort of force in the division. But the fact that he can shut the lights off with just one punch is huge. Also, even though we haven't seen much of it in the UFC, he is a credentialed wrestler so it's not like he's totally 1 dimensional.

triathlete
03-01-2010, 12:43 PM
What kind of stock are you putting in Mir wanting to kill Lesnar, therefore he'll do whatever is necessary to Carwin to do so? Or, is it a distraction that cannot be ignored? I'm very curious about what that's doing to Mir's mindset from here on out.

zY|
03-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Pretty pathetic for the HW division when some huge slow guy with a bazooka hand is a title contender.

zY|
03-01-2010, 12:44 PM
What kind of stock are you putting in Mir wanting to kill Lesnar, therefore he'll do whatever is necessary to Carwin to do so? Or, is it a distraction that cannot be ignored? I'm very curious about what that's doing to Mir's mindset from here on out.

I don't put much stock in it.

SPX
03-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Could go either way: Will Mir's obsession with Lesnar drive him to train his hardest or will he look past Carwin and not prepare like he should for that particular fight?

Either way, I'm just amazed that someone is that excited about getting another ass whippin'.

Luke
03-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Pretty pathetic for the HW division when some huge slow guy with a bazooka hand is a title contender.

I thought Lesnar was already champ?

Luke
03-01-2010, 03:30 PM
I need to stat looking at Mir/Carwin more but right now I'd lean Carwin

Mr. IWS
03-01-2010, 03:40 PM
I need to stat looking at Mir/Carwin more but right now I'd lean Carwin

Im leaning Murr's way, but as someone already said, that Carwin light switch power is hard to bet against.

SPX
03-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Shane Carwin Punch

http://www.bodyarmormma.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/ufc96_09_carwin_vs_gonzaga_004-300x198.jpg

=

Dim Mak

http://www.empireonline.com/images/features/jean-claude-van-damme//moves1.jpg

Thewiseman
03-02-2010, 09:36 AM
I like Mir in this one.

REH800
03-05-2010, 07:41 PM
1 Unit on Hardy! Woo!

Luke
03-05-2010, 07:42 PM
1 Unit on Hardy! Woo!

GL man I love to see a huge dog win and cause chaos

SPX
03-05-2010, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Hardy win.

Ultra-dominant champs get old after a while.

Luke
03-05-2010, 08:26 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Hardy win.

Ultra-dominant champs get old after a while.

I agree

Mr. IWS
03-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Was looking at Mir’s record, thought this was pretty cool.

8 wins via sub, 7 different subs.

Kongo via Guillotine
Lesnar via Kneebar
Hardonk via Kimura
Sylvia via Armbar
Tank via Toe Hold
Pete Williams via Shoulder lock
Traven via Armbar
Dan Quinn (FTW) via Triangle

Carry on.

poopoo333
03-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Ok UFC Live is done... let's talk UFC 111!

Luke
03-21-2010, 11:44 PM
I think Carwin wins .I cant see Mir taking him down and I see Mir getting KO'd on their feet .Just think JDS-Gonzaga all over again

I also like Fitch on first look

zY|
03-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Hardy is a bum.

SPX
03-22-2010, 01:13 AM
Shit, at the current line I'm thinking Hardy might demand a .25u bet.

zY|
03-22-2010, 01:15 AM
Shit, at the current line I'm thinking Hardy might demand a .25u bet.

Hey if you're gonna do it, I would advise taking a prop for inside the distance if it's available. I'm sure it pays more and there's zero chance in hell of him winning a decision.

Of course, it's going to lose anyways so you might as well send it to me.

MMA_scientist
03-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Thinking about Palhares @ -240

I have watched Drwal's recent fights. I can't find a vid of palhares/linhares anywere though.

Palhares definately has teh grappling advantage, and Drwal does not have great TD defense. Standing, I give an edge to Drwal, but if Hendo can't drop Palhares, can Drwal? No, no he can't.

SPX
03-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Hey if you're gonna do it, I would advise taking a prop for inside the distance if it's available. I'm sure it pays more and there's zero chance in hell of him winning a decision.

That's actually not a bad idea. . .

SPX
03-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Bets I've already placed:

Carwin: 1u at +150
Fitch: 1.25u at -115 (I think)
Almeida: 1.25 at -115 (I think)

Bets I'm considering:

Hardy, Ellenberger, Pellegrino, Palhares

poopoo333
03-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Just layed 3 units on Palhares @-240. I also think Miller will win, but at his odds I don't like it. I think Alves will win, but I am not going to lay anything down...too close of a fight for me. I also feel Mir will win, but with a guy with as much power as Carwin you never know.

So basically as of now, I only have 3u on Palhares... it might be a boring night for me if I don't make my mind up on other fights.

Mr. IWS
03-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Im probably going to parlay GSP and Penn. Thats about it for me.

I do think Murr is going to win though, but I aint betting against that death tough that Shane-0-mac is workin with.

MMA_scientist
03-22-2010, 12:38 PM
^^

You and me both. I am probably going with Palhares and that is all.

I am also waiting on the line for Pelligrino. That could be worth a bet if Pelligrino is a manageable favorite.

SPX
03-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Just layed 3 units on Palhares @-240. I also think Miller will win, but at his odds I don't like it. I think Alves will win, but I am not going to lay anything down...too close of a fight for me. I also feel Mir will win, but with a guy with as much power as Carwin you never know.

So basically as of now, I only have 3u on Palhares... it might be a boring night for me if I don't make my mind up on other fights.

Good luck. Palhares is probably a good bet. I am considering it myself.

I also agree with you on Miller so I might possibly do a GSP-Palhares-Miller parlay. I wonder what the return on that would be? I'd like to try to get it as close to 1:1 as possible.

poopoo333
03-22-2010, 12:46 PM

Good luck. Palhares is probably a good bet. I am considering it myself.

I also agree with you on Miller so I might possibly do a GSP-Palhares-Miller parlay. I wonder what the return on that would be? I'd like to try to get it as close to 1:1 as possible.

At the current odds on 5dimes, it would come out to +102.

SPX
03-22-2010, 12:50 PM

Thanks for looking that up. Sounds like it might be time to fund my 5dimes account.

poopoo333
03-22-2010, 12:51 PM

Thanks for looking that up. Sounds like it might be time to fund my 5dimes account.

Well what account do you usually use? I can just look it up for you on BFO.

SPX
03-22-2010, 12:54 PM

I do most parlays through Bodog.

How do you calculate parlay odds through BFO?

poopoo333
03-22-2010, 12:56 PM

Bodog does not have the Miller line right now but GSP/Palhares is -162 at the current odds.

To calculate parlay odds on BFO, just check the box next to "parlay" up top, then click on the odds under your bookie and it adds up when you click each one.

SPX
03-22-2010, 12:58 PM
Bodog does not have the Miller line right now but GSP/Palhares is -162 at the current odds.

To calculate parlay odds on BFO, just check the box next to "parlay" up top, then click on the odds under your bookie and it adds up when you click each one.

Oh shit, I never knew that. Thanks for the info.

Ludo
03-22-2010, 01:52 PM
3u to win 2u on Almeida
1.5u to win 1.8u on Fitch
1u to win 5u on Hardy(value)

Luke
03-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Im probably going to parlay GSP and Penn. Thats about it for me.

I do think Murr is going to win though, but I aint betting against that death tough that Shane-0-mac is workin with.

I just cant see Mir out striking Carwin on their feet . Mirs defense isnt that great.

SPX
03-22-2010, 02:31 PM
I just cant see Mir out striking Carwin on their feet . Mirs defense isnt that great.

I think Mir might land more strikes, but Carwin only has to hit you ONCE.

Plus, Mir's takedowns aren't that great and I imagine he'll have a hard time getting someone down with Carwin's wrestling background.

To me, this fight could go either way. Mir has admittedly looked pretty good lately, minus the second Lesnar fight. His striking has clearly improved and he just seems generally on top of his game.

Carwin, by contrast, does often look a little slow and his striking isn't particularly sophisticated. He also hasn't faced anyone of Mir's calibur. But the "proof is in the pudding" as they say (whatever that fuck that means), and Carwin has a habit of knocking guys straight the fuck out.

Personally, at the +150 that I got, I like Carwin a lot. At the current odds, I'm less enthusiastic. To me, there are a lot of question marks surrounding this fight and one of two things is going to happen: Either Ubermir is going to show up and derail the Carwin hype train, or Carwin is going to prove that he's for real and he really does deserve to be in title contention.

Luke
03-22-2010, 02:36 PM
I know who Dana wants to win. I mean who really want to see Lesnar-Mir III? not me

SPX
03-22-2010, 02:40 PM
I know who Dana wants to win. I mean who really want to see Lesnar-Mir III? not me

I'm a fan of money, so I wouldn't mind it.

Luke
03-22-2010, 02:48 PM

I use this:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/parlay-calculator/

::handshake::

SPX
03-22-2010, 03:56 PM
I just read that Vera suffered three facial fractures from that elbow last night.

That reminds me of why I'm not a professional fighter.

Luke
03-22-2010, 04:05 PM
I just read that Vera suffered three facial fractures from that elbow last night.

That reminds me of why I'm not a professional fighter.

just seen that

Brandon Vera received more than a bruised ego on Sunday at the 1STBANK Center in Broomfield, Colo.; a fearsome elbow strike from opponent Jon Jones left the UFC light heavyweight with facial fractures and an unknown return date.

In the night's Versus-televised main event, Jones landed the blow as he postured up in Vera's guard midway through the first round. Vera rolled to his side in visible pain when the shot slammed into the right side of his face near his eye socket.

The strike caused three fractures in Vera's right cheekbone, the fighter's manager, Matt Stansell, today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com (http://www.mmajunkie.com)).

SPX
03-22-2010, 04:07 PM
I have to wonder what it would be like to have a job where you are constantly getting your shit broken, fractured, cut up, sprained, pulled, and dislocated.

I thought a lot of fans don't understand that after a fight these guys are often FUCKED UP and have to recover from that shit. It's easy to forget that they don't go home with a black eye and bruised ego.

zY|
03-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Vera is a bum.

Luke
03-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Vera is a bum.

::lmao::

Finally you agree with me

zY|
03-22-2010, 05:00 PM
I'm still mad he didn't armbar Jones. I mean that 9 foot monkey arm was fucking giftwrapped.

SPX
03-22-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm still mad he didn't armbar Jones. I mean that 9 foot monkey arm was fucking giftwrapped.

Too bad you weren't in his position. I bet you could've done it.

zY|
03-22-2010, 05:16 PM

Too bad you weren't in his position. I bet you could've done it.

Not sure what you're going for here, so no comment.

SPX
03-22-2010, 05:22 PM

I'm just saying that he looked like he was working for it, but he also had to deal with Jones constantly changing position and raining down punches and elbows.

I guess the statement was too reminiscent of when I hear guy say "why doesn't he just punch him in the face?!"

zY|
03-22-2010, 05:27 PM

I'm just saying that he looked like he was working for it, but he also had to deal with Jones constantly changing position and raining down punches and elbows.

I guess the statement was too reminiscent of when I hear guy say "why doesn't he just punch him in the face?!"

The point is I thought he was a much more competent grappler than that. It was really there for the taking. Refer to WEC 47 when Karen Darabedyan makes the same mistake and is armbarred immediately.

Svino
03-22-2010, 05:27 PM
I like the odds for Carwin and Palhares. I think there might also be value on GSP, but I'm probably not going to go there.

I'm starting to wonder who Palhares has to heelhook to get a serious fight again. I just rewatched the Palhares-Hendo match. Palhares actually did pretty damn well against a guy that many people consider the #2 MW. He took Hendo down a couple of times and even had him in some submission trouble at the bell to end round 1.

SPX
03-22-2010, 05:42 PM
The point is I thought he was a much more competent grappler than that. It was really there for the taking. Refer to WEC 47 when Karen Darabedyan makes the same mistake and is armbarred immediately.

I hear you. I'm just saying I think he was working up to but his plans got cut short with that fucked up elbow. I mean, something like a surprise armbar . . . you gotta time it perfectly or else it won't work out and it's possible he could end up in a worse position than he was already in.

SPX
03-22-2010, 05:43 PM
I think there might also be value on GSP, but I'm probably not going to go there.

There's no way I'd touch GSP at his current line. That shit is way beyond bettable.

Ludo
03-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Yeah I took Hardy more out of the thought that while GSP is going to win this fight 9 out of 10 times, I'd rather lose a little in the hopes of making alot than to lose alot in the hopes to make a little.

triathlete
03-22-2010, 10:29 PM
There's no way I'd touch GSP at his current line. That shit is way beyond bettable.

I would. . . Boo Yah!

http://www.aarondewald.com/menGSP.jpg

Yes, my shirt says triathlete. No fucken way he's 5'10" 170 lbs. I'm 5'8" 160 lbs.

SPX
03-22-2010, 10:34 PM
No shit, so that's you?

By the way, what do you mean about his height/weight? Are you saying he's bigger or smaller than he says he is?

Ludo
03-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Uhm...GSP was never said to be 5'10 or 170 in weight(except at the weigh ins) If I'm not mistaken he's more in the neighborhood of 6'-6'2 and around 180lbs on fight night. Thats an awesome pic though, Where did you find him at to get a picture with?

Luke
03-22-2010, 10:41 PM
No shit, so that's you?

By the way, what do you mean about his height/weight? Are you saying he's bigger or smaller than he says he is?

From the picture if he's 5'8 160 GSP looks around 5'11 190 to me

triathlete
03-22-2010, 10:42 PM
No shit, so that's you?

He's fucking huge. Here's a pic of me with Couture just moments before

http://www.aarondewald.com/menRandy.jpg

He seemed as big as Randy... ok, I lied... Randy seems a little "fuller" than GSP, but he was way bigger than I thought he would be. I always envisioned myself as similar sized to GSP. Not so much after I met him.

triathlete
03-22-2010, 10:43 PM
Uhm...GSP was never said to be 5'10 or 170 in weight(except at the weigh ins) If I'm not mistaken he's more in the neighborhood of 6'-6'2 and around 180lbs on fight night. Thats an awesome pic though, Where did you find him at to get a picture with?

According to Sherdog:

Height 5'10" (178cm)
Weight 169lbs (77kg)

I saw him at UFC 108. He was at the Affliction store signing shirts the day before the fight. I had to wait in line an hour and buy a fuckin' 70 dollar tshirt. Ah well...

Luke
03-22-2010, 10:45 PM

So from weigh in to fight night he grows from 5'10 to between 6' and 6'2 ?

Thats really something

zY|
03-22-2010, 10:45 PM
GSP starts his cut from around 6'2"

triathlete
03-22-2010, 10:47 PM

Luke
03-22-2010, 10:47 PM
No shit, so that's you?

He seemed as big as Randy... ok, I lied... Randy seems a little "fuller" than GSP, but he was way bigger than I thought he would be. I always envisioned myself as similar sized to GSP. Not so much after I met him.

Thats pretty cool triathlete ::handshake::

triathlete
03-22-2010, 10:50 PM
No shit, so that's you?

It was pretty cool, but I was just amazed as how big they were. Somewhere SPX was talking about respecting people getting hit in the mouth... could you imagine either of those two laying on you? Especially when you're at the business end of one of their elbows?

Ow. ::beatup::

Luke
03-22-2010, 10:51 PM

thats what I got out of Ludocain's post too ::lmao::

Luke
03-22-2010, 10:52 PM
It was pretty cool, but I was just amazed as how big they were. Somewhere SPX was talking about respecting people getting hit in the mouth... could you imagine either of those two laying on you? Especially when you're at the business end of one of their elbows?

Ow. ::beatup::

Hell I wouldnt want to get hit by someone with MMA gloves on .I use to kickbox and getting hit in the face with 12 oz gloves hurts plenty enough for me

SPX
03-22-2010, 11:04 PM
Hell I wouldnt want to get hit by someone with MMA gloves on .I use to kickbox and getting hit in the face with 12 oz gloves hurts plenty enough for me

Fuck that. People called Buentello a pussy last night for tapping and they called BJ Penn a pussy for quitting after the fourth. I'll say this shit, if I had been fighting GSP and was getting the shit beat out of me like BJ Penn was, I'd have quit in the middle of the 1st. Fuck that.

SPX
03-22-2010, 11:09 PM

Truth.

You look in pretty good shape yourself, Tri. Represent. Most fans next to their favorite fighters would look average at best.

zY|
03-22-2010, 11:10 PM

Truth.

You look in pretty good shape yourself, Tri. Represent. Most fans next to their favorite fighters would look average at best.

Well, his name IS 'triathlete', after all.

::winna::

triathlete
03-22-2010, 11:16 PM

Truth.

Well, his name IS 'triathlete', after all.

::winna::

Thanks... I appreciate it. Very nice of you.

Ipickdeeznuts2win
03-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Nice pics Triathlete. I just got one last night with Arlovski. He has been at AKA all last week and this week and training alot with Cain. I will post a pic later. I always get pics when at events or Vegas and I see fighters, but I don't get them at AKA normally because when you train there I guess it's not "cool". haha. I only go in the evenings so I usually only see the regulars like Fitch (always there), Kos, Swick (there the least), Cain (always there), the Punk, and local guys.

So, all the good bets from last weekend basically evened me out from the loss on Nate. That one really stung. 111 doesn't have all that intriguing lines to me. I like Miller over Bocek but not at -400.

Is it crazy that I feel comfortable just laying down a grip on GSP? I know it isn't the right method for a wanna-be smart profitable better but I mean he isn't going to lose. There is no way, and I am confident of it. If GSP hadn't been TKO'd by Serra they would have nothing to hype the fight with at all. Hardy KO'd Rory and has been to two split decisions with Davis and Gono and Gono is gone. He couldn't finish Swick, word was Swick took him lightly, and then Swick got finished in his next fight. There is like a 1% freak chance that Hardy pulls out the upset and I feel confident laying $700 to win $100. Am I crazy?

zY|
03-23-2010, 12:06 PM
^^You're not crazy. I won't do it because GSP could trip and fall on his way to the cage, but Hardy isn't beating him.

The funny thing is, people use the Serra fight to say "look see! you can beat him!", when in reality it's the Serra fight that has turned him into the juggernaut he is today.

People also come away from that fight with the wrong mindset. Instead of "oh GSP has a weak chin", I prefer to use that fight as proof that anyone can be beaten by anyone, at anytime.

Mr. IWS
03-23-2010, 12:27 PM
=There is like a 1% freak chance that Hardy pulls out the upset and I feel confident laying $700 to win $100. Am I crazy?

Not at all. Im considering it too.

it's the Serra fight that has turned him into the juggernaut he is today.

QFT

triathlete
03-23-2010, 12:40 PM
I only go in the evenings so I usually only see the regulars like Fitch (always there), Kos, Swick (there the least), Cain (always there), the Punk, and local guys.

How's Fitch look? Alves really going to beat him?

Ipickdeeznuts2win
03-23-2010, 12:58 PM
I only go in the evenings so I usually only see the regulars like Fitch (always there), Kos, Swick (there the least), Cain (always there), the Punk, and local guys.

How's Fitch look? Alves really going to beat him?

Fitch looks good. He is ALWAYS at the gym. It all depends on if he can implement the same game plan as GSP did, because clearly that is the way you beat him...with takedowns. I will be pulling for Fitch but lets just say I won't be putting any money that's for sure. Problem is that GSP could take down Alves easily but he had a pretty hard time holding him there, which really makes me question if Fitch can.

Ipickdeeznuts2win
03-23-2010, 01:04 PM
=There is like a 1% freak chance that Hardy pulls out the upset and I feel confident laying $700 to win $100. Am I crazy?

Not at all. Im considering it too.

I noticed that the odds did get slightly better after the last primetime show with GSP and Hardy. I am guessing it probably makes the most sense to wait until after tomorrow when more people buy into the hype and bet on Hardy. You think they will get better after tomorrow?

Mr. IWS
03-23-2010, 01:11 PM
I certainly hope so. I see he is -650 at sportsbook.com. I may lay that. Im desperate for some wins at this point in the year.

Luke
03-23-2010, 01:24 PM
GSP odds are just to high for me to touch . Looking at a couple boxing matches for this weekend

SPX
03-23-2010, 01:28 PM
I noticed that the odds did get slightly better after the last primetime show with GSP and Hardy. I am guessing it probably makes the most sense to wait until after tomorrow when more people buy into the hype and bet on Hardy. You think they will get better after tomorrow?

I watched Primetime episodes 1 and 2 last night. Pretty good shit.

As for me, there's no damn way I'm taking GSP at those odds. The payout's just not even worth it, in my opinion. Risk 6.5 units to win 1? No thanks.

zY|
03-23-2010, 02:31 PM

I watched Primetime episodes 1 and 2 last night. Pretty good shit.

As for me, there's no damn way I'm taking GSP at those odds. The payout's just not even worth it, in my opinion. Risk 6.5 units to win 1? No thanks.

You can parlay GSP, Penn, and Silva on Bodog and get -200.

Just a thought.

SPX
03-23-2010, 02:33 PM

Just a thought.

Thanks for the heads up. Definitely something to consider.

I actually have micro bets on Edgar and Maia, though. And considering your suggestion to take Hardy inside the distance, or possibly by KO/TKO.

zY|
03-23-2010, 02:43 PM

Just a thought.

Thanks for the heads up. Definitely something to consider.

I actually have micro bets on Edgar and Maia, though. And considering your suggestion to take Hardy inside the distance, or possibly by KO/TKO.

You have a bet on Edgar? I can see Maia and Hardy, as they actually have ways to win. I just can't see a way Edgar can win. I think he'll make a fight of it though.

SPX
03-23-2010, 02:48 PM
You have a bet on Edgar? I can see Maia and Hardy, as they actually have ways to win. I just can't see a way Edgar can win. I think he'll make a fight of it though.

$5 just in case.

He's just the little engine that could. No one expected him to beat Griffin and he did. No one expected him to beat Sherk and did (soundly, I might add).

I don't expect him to beat Penn, but fuck it, who knows.

zY|
03-23-2010, 03:01 PM
LOL.

Touche'

poopoo333
03-23-2010, 03:29 PM
My only play will be 3u on Palhares @-240.

The rest of the fights on the main card are too risky, and there is nothing else appealing on the undercard.

MMA_scientist
03-23-2010, 04:54 PM
My only play will be 3u on Palhares @-240.

The rest of the fights on the main card are too risky, and there is nothing else appealing on the undercard.

I have 5u on Palhares as well.

I am waiting for the line on Pelligrino. I will probably take Pelligrino up to -220 or so.

SPX
03-23-2010, 08:27 PM
I am waiting for the line on Pelligrino. I will probably take Pelligrino up to -220 or so.

Pellegrino line is up and he's under -220. . .

http://www.bestfightodds.com/fights/2344.png

SPX
03-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Okay, I'm on the Palhares bandwagon, too.

2.5u. Actually tempted to go heavier, but fuck Drwal hits hard and Palhares proved in the Horn fight that his defense isn't perfect.

SPX
03-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Just took Pellegrino for 2u @ -165.

I rewatched his fights with Diaz and Emerson, and watched Camoes' fight with Uno.

I think that on the feet Pellegrino will be able to stand toe to toe with Camoes and at least keep the fight even if not win the standup. On the ground, Pellegrino should have the edge. Camoes' wrestling wasn't great against Uno and he also was noticeably slowing down in the second and third rounds. I think Pellegrino will be able to stand on top of him and work him. My one concern is that 3 of Pellegrino's 4 losses have come by sub so his sub defense obviously isn't excellent, so I'm banking on him being able to stay out of trouble.

Luke
03-23-2010, 10:40 PM
I have almost decided I'm not betting UFC this weekend .I think I have found two or three boxing plays that have a higher probability to win than anything I may bet in the UFC

SPX
03-23-2010, 10:41 PM
I have almost decided I'm not betting UFC this weekend .I think I have found two or three boxing plays that have a higher probability to win than anything I may bet in the UFC

I thought you were going to be on Fitch, especially at +135.

Luke
03-23-2010, 11:00 PM

I thought you were going to be on Fitch, especially at +135.

I was/am going to take Fitch and Carwin but I'm just not sure on either of them. Alves looked alot better vs GSP than Fitch did and GSP had problems holding Alves down so what does that mean for Fitch ? GSP showed how to beat Alves just take him down and try to blanket him but wasnt able to hold him down and GSP is stronger and a better wrestler than Fitch. I still think Fitch wins but I think its a toss up the more I look at it. I think being 3 rounds helps Alves more than Fitch.

If I do end up betting this weekend it will probably be Carwin only ::handshake::

SPX
03-23-2010, 11:04 PM
I was/am going to take Fitch and Carwin but I'm just not sure on either of them. Alves looked alot better vs GSP than Fitch did and GSP had problems holding Alves down so what does that mean for Fitch ? GSP showed how to beat Alves just take him down and try to blanket him but wasnt able to hold him down and GSP is stronger and a better wrestler than Fitch. I still think Fitch wins but I think its a toss up the more I look at it. I think being 3 rounds helps Alves more than Fitch.

If I do end up betting this weekend it will probably be Carwin only ::handshake::

I have concerns, too. I already have 1.25u on Fitch at -115. Obviously I wish I had waited now, but I didn't anticipate the line moving as it has.

As for Carwin, I already have him locked in for a unit at +150. Glad I got that price when I could.

zY|
03-24-2010, 01:58 AM
Eddie Bravo predicts Hardy to win by cutting GSP with elbows from the rubber guard.

http://g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/exclusi ... Picks.html (http://g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/exclusives/70261/MMA-Chokehold-UFC-111-Picks.html)

Luke
03-24-2010, 02:42 AM
Eddie Bravo predicts Hardy to win by cutting GSP with elbows from the rubber guard.

http://g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/exclusi ... Picks.html (http://g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/exclusives/70261/MMA-Chokehold-UFC-111-Picks.html)

Thats enough for me :

ALL IN on Hardy

Mr. IWS
03-24-2010, 08:30 AM

How many bowls did he smoke before that prediction?

Was Rogan blowing him at that time????

Does Hardy even know what a rubber guard is????????

MMA_scientist
03-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Just took Pellegrino for 2u @ -165.

I rewatched his fights with Diaz and Emerson, and watched Camoes' fight with Uno.

I think that on the feet Pellegrino will be able to stand toe to toe with Camoes and at least keep the fight even if not win the standup. On the ground, Pellegrino should have the edge. Camoes' wrestling wasn't great against Uno and he also was noticeably slowing down in the second and third rounds. I think Pellegrino will be able to stand on top of him and work him. My one concern is that 3 of Pellegrino's 4 losses have come by sub so his sub defense obviously isn't excellent, so I'm banking on him being able to stay out of trouble.

I took Pelligrino for 3u @ -167

I think it will be a close fight, but Pelligrino has teh advantage of deciding where the fight takes place. Pelligrino just has to beat him in one area, while Camoes has to beat Pelligrino in both. I think Batman will win a top control special.

His defense is not perfect, but he is a legit blackbelt. He gasses a little bit and get gets caught.

SPX
03-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Ellenberger is as high as +148. I wonder how far it will climb. I'm pretty sure if I can get +150 then I'll at least drop .5u on him.

poopoo333
03-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Ok, I am also taking Pellegrino for 2 units. I like his odds in thise one, -165 is nice, and I can only assume they will get worse.

Going to try and find some Ellenberger/Saunders footage... I am leaning towards Saunders.

SPX
03-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Ok, I am also taking Pellegrino for 2 units. I like his odds in thise one, -165 is nice, and I can only assume they will get worse.

Going to try and find some Ellenberger/Saunders footage... I am leaning towards Saunders.

Go watch Ellenberger/Condit and then watch him destroy Mike Pyle.

I don't know if Ellenberger will win this fight, but he's a bad ass for sure.

zY|
03-24-2010, 12:20 PM
I think as long as Ellenberger stays out of the clinch he should take Saunders apart. I really like him as an underdog.

MMA_scientist
03-24-2010, 12:47 PM
I considered Ellenberger, and I think he has value... but I am afraid that Saunders might be a bad ass now. I hate when fighters look super awesome, then you have to decide if they just improved that much or if was just a good day.

SPX
03-24-2010, 12:51 PM
I considered Ellenberger, and I think he has value... but I am afraid that Saunders might be a bad ass now. I hate when fighters look super awesome, then you have to decide if they just improved that much or if was just a good day.

Just drop .75u to win ~1u.

If you lose it, then that sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

zY|
03-24-2010, 01:28 PM

Hard to avoid the Swick fight for me. Saunders looked awesome against Wolff, a guy who doesn't belong in the UFC. Then he got absolutely handled by Swick, and also displayed poor decision making before being knocked out. Seriously, he's a good fighter but he's just a monster in the muay thai clinch.

SPX
03-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Hard to avoid the Swick fight for me. Saunders looked awesome against Wolff, a guy who doesn't belong in the UFC. Then he got absolutely handled by Swick, and also displayed poor decision making before being knocked out. Seriously, he's a good fighter but he's just a monster in the muay thai clinch.

What about the Davis fight?

I guess you could argue that it the height difference that really won him the fight, but that's speculation. . .

zY|
03-24-2010, 01:50 PM
The clinch happened.

Thewiseman
03-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Parlay crazy on this card:
Guida(win), Kongo(win), Pierce(win), Jones(win), Palhares, Almeida, Saunders, Mir, GSP, Florian, Okami .2u to win 6.6u

wallace, Riddle, Pelligrino, Palhares, Almeida, Fitch by dec, Saunders, mir, GSP ITD .02u to win 2.8u

Palhares, GSP, Okami, Florian, Hughes, Anderson Silva 2u to win 5.25u

GSP, Okami, Hughes, Silva 4u to win 3.5u

SPX
03-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Parlay crazy on this card:

This card. . .?

Thewiseman
03-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Mir 4.14u to win 3u
Saunders 3u to win 2u
Bocek 1u to win 3..14u
Almeida 5.6u to win 4u
Fitch by dec. 1u to win 3.84u
Pelligrino 1.65u to win 1u

YTD +6.5u

SPX
03-25-2010, 12:06 AM
Holy shit, Pellegrino's line just took a big fucking nosedive!

I hope anyone who wanted in got in.

poopoo333
03-25-2010, 12:10 AM
Miller is down to -350...I'm thinking about it.

Ludo
03-25-2010, 01:25 AM
Added 2.7u on Ellenberger to win 3.5u

natman2939
03-25-2010, 06:12 AM
StPierre
Mir
Fitch
Saunders
Miller
Diaz
Almeida

Those are my picks

Mr. IWS
03-25-2010, 10:30 AM
Word around the campfire is that Fitch/Alves is off.

Mr. IWS
03-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Word around the campfire is that Fitch/Alves is off.

Looks like its true, there are only a good 75 - 80 threads on Sherdog about it.

Mr. IWS
03-25-2010, 10:48 AM
UFC's Thiago "Pitbull" Alves will not fight at Saturday's UFC 111, because a CAT Scan shows an irregularity in his brain ... TMZ has learned.

Thiago was scheduled to rumble with Jon Fitch on Saturday -- but a pre-fight CAT Scan revealed an irregularity -- a source close to 26-year-old Pitbull tells TMZ the irregularity involves an artery in the brain.

UFC honcho Dana White tells TMZ he will fly Pitbull to a specialist for further evaluation. White says, "If it's true, it can be career-ending."

No one will replace Pitbull on Saturday. The headliner is Georges St- Pierre -- ironically, the fighter who solidly beat Thiago in his last fight last July.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/25/brain-irr ... z0jCSYjA7P (http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/25/brain-irregularity-thiago-pitbull-alves-ufc-111-jon-finch-george-st-pierre/#ixzz0jCSYjA7P)

triathlete
03-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Damn. How do you just *now* detect an irregularity in someone's brain, days before the fight?

Anyway, hope this isn't a career ending thing for him. I like to watch Alves fight . .

zY|
03-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Because the commission does tests to clear guys to fight. Sucks for him but it's probably better than him fighting.

SPX
03-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Well fuck!

I was really looking forward to making some money off that fight.

Oh well, at least if it gets rescheduled then I know to wait until Fitch's line gets up to +140.

triathlete
03-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Because the commission does tests to clear guys to fight. Sucks for him but it's probably better than him fighting.

Absolutely... getting smacked in the face and have a hemorrhage in the brain wouldn't be a good thing.

I guess I thought these things are more detectable... through previous medical procedures or just symptoms that would crop up. Brain/artery issues - to me - would probably manifest in slurred speech, reduced reaction time, headaches, etc.

But then again, one punch to the side of the head in training can really f things up...

Kinda scary.

zY|
03-25-2010, 01:10 PM
BREAKING NEWS, heads!

Ben Saunders fills in to fight Fitch. Holy shit this could be great!

Mr. IWS
03-25-2010, 01:14 PM
BREAKING NEWS, heads!

Ben Saunders fills in to fight Fitch. Holy shit this could be great!

Killa- B's on a swarm! ::fight::

Thewiseman
03-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Not sure who to take on this one.

Luke
03-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Well fuck!

I was really looking forward to making some money off that fight.

Oh well, at least if it gets rescheduled then I know to wait until Fitch's line gets up to +140.

I was actually starting to lean toward Alves .At least I wont have to decide now

triathlete
03-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Just saw on Bookmaker:

Fitch -355
Killla B +285

Luke
03-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Ellenberger who was suppose to fight Saunders will still be paid show and win money for the bout he was supposed to have

SPX
Holy SHIT!

That's fucking crazy. Saunders VS Fitch?

I'm tempted to jump on Fitch here, but I actually think I'm going to hold off and let Saunder's odds go through the roof and put a small bet on him. If Pierce can get Fitch in a bad situation then so can Saunders.

SPX
Ellenberger who was suppose to fight Saunders will still be paid show and win money for the bout he was supposed to have

Good for Ellenberger. I was really looking forward to that fight, though.

zY|
03-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Yeah Saunders could put Fitch's lights smooth out, but more likely he's just going to get taken down and Fitched.

Thewiseman
03-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Just put 1u on Saunders @+265 on 5dimes. It dropped to 240, now back to 250.

SPX
03-25-2010, 04:57 PM
Yeah Saunders could put Fitch's lights smooth out, but more likely he's just going to get taken down and Fitched.

Probably so, but I don't feel confident enough to drop money on Fitch at ~350. Killa B's kind of a wildcard right now. I think it's hard to predict how he's going to do in his next few fights. He's in that period of his career where he appears to have a lot of potential and he's about to either prove it, or settle into being a B level fighter.

Luke
03-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Fitch up to -400 on bookmaker and -425 on 5dimes

SPX
03-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Fitch up to -400 on bookmaker and -425 on 5dimes

I noticed that. I also saw that Carwin is up to +140 on Bodog.

zY|
03-25-2010, 05:13 PM

Probably so, but I don't feel confident enough to drop money on Fitch at ~350. Killa B's kind of a wildcard right now. I think it's hard to predict how he's going to do in his next few fights. He's in that period of his career where he appears to have a lot of potential and he's about to either prove it, or settle into being a B level fighter.

Agreed.

Mr. IWS
03-26-2010, 11:25 AM
Ive been watching all the countdown shows, reading inverviews and what not, and Im curious.

When did Dan Hardy become Mike Tyson with his punching power all the sudden?

He couldnt KO Gono, Swick, or Marcus Davis, so why all the sudden to people think if he can land one shot on GSP, he could win?

I dont think it will matter even if he "catches" GSP with a couple big punches. GSP via whatever.

SPX
03-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Obviously the Serra fight is, and will always be, in everyone's mind.

Beyond that, he does have 3 KOs on his record as well as a number of TKOs.

I think Hardy has as good a chance of knocking GSP out as anyone else in the division, excluding Daley.

Mr. IWS
03-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Obviously the Serra fight is, and will always be, in everyone's mind.

I think zY said it best. That Serra fight created a fuckin monster.

My guy is being a pussy, so Im probably gonna lay -600 on GSP.

Mr. IWS
03-26-2010, 11:40 AM
side note: I read that Lesnar will be cageside for the Murr/Carwin fight. That shit has WWE promo written all over it if Murr wins.

SPX
03-26-2010, 11:44 AM

Monster up in this motherfucker!

Everyone keeps saying that, and I'm sure it helped him rededicate himself to training, but the fact of the matter is that the Serra fight proved that GSP is anatomically of the sort to where if he takes a hard shot then he can at least be TKOd. Maybe not go all the way out. But be dazed enough to not be able to defend himself properly.

You can't fix that. It's like Keith Jardine his apparently tendency to go to sleep after getting hit just right. It's just the way your body reacts.

My guy is being a pussy, so Im probably gonna lay -600 on GSP.

Good luck. I'm still thinking of working him into a parlay somehow.

I know I don't want $20 bad enough to risk $120 to get it, though.

zY|
03-26-2010, 11:55 AM

Monster up in this motherfucker!

Everyone keeps saying that, and I'm sure it helped him rededicate himself to training, but the fact of the matter is that the Serra fight proved that GSP is anatomically of the sort to where if he takes a hard shot then he can at least be TKOd. Maybe not go all the way out. But be dazed enough to not be able to defend himself properly.

You can't fix that. It's like Keith Jardine his apparently tendency to go to sleep after getting hit just right. It's just the way your body reacts.

Cmon, stop it. "Anatomically of the sort where if he takes a hard shot he can be TKOd" What, you mean he's a human being?

EVERYONE can be knocked out. If anything that fight proves it. It doesn't prove that he has a "weak chin" or any other Sherdog myths. Just because you've never seen Anderson Silva get hurt with a punch doesn't mean it's impossible. GSP got hit behind the ear in the perfect spot and lost his equilibrium. It's not like that's the only power shot he's ever taken. He's taken plenty and and generally shrugs them right off, and from guys with supposedly "heavy hands". (BJ, Alves) Serra also hit him on the chin about 50 thousand more times and he never went out.

Keith Jardine gets slept frequently because of technical deficiencies and leaving his chin up in the air with his hands down. I wouldn't say he really has that poor of a chin. It's his defense that's godawful. He took huge bombs from Rampage and never went out.

So could Hardy hurt him with a punch, swarm on him, and win?

Of course. He's got enough power to hurt anyone. Is it likely? Extremely unlikely.

SPX
03-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Cmon, stop it. "Anatomically of the sort where if he takes a hard shot he can be TKOd" What, you mean he's a human being?

You know as well as I do that there are fighters out there who just don't go out. Does that mean that they couldn't be knocked out by a cinderblock? No. But you know what I mean.

As for GSP getting hit with hard shots, I really don't feel like he has been hit that much. I can't remember ever seeing him take a shot where I was like, "OHHHH!!! FUCK!!!!!!! I can't believe he's still conscious after that!"

zY|
03-26-2010, 12:02 PM

You know as well as I do that there are fighters out there who just don't go out. Does that mean that they couldn't be knocked out by a cinderblock? No. But you know what I mean.

As for GSP getting hit with hard shots, I really don't feel like he has been hit that much. I can't remember ever seeing him take a shot where I was like, "OHHHH!!! FUCK!!!!!!! I can't believe he's still conscious after that!"

Name 1.

SPX
03-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Name 1.

Fedor.

zY|
03-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Name 1.

Fedor.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g113/romang_2006/Fedor_rocked.gif

Ludo
03-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Rampage

zY|
03-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Rampage

<<<<--------------

SPX
03-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Did that fight result in a TKO or KO?

zY|
03-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Did that fight result in a TKO or KO?

I fail to see your point.

Ludo
03-26-2010, 12:17 PM
The point is made by your Av. How many flush shots did Wanderlei land there? Anyone who takes 5 knee's from Wanderlei Silva like that before falling down has a hard fuckin' chin/head.

SPX
03-26-2010, 12:18 PM

My point was that he's never been hit in a way that rendered him either unconscious or so far out of it that he could no longer effectively defend himself. He was obviously rocked, but still had his senses about him to the point of being able to recover and come back to win.

zY|
03-26-2010, 12:21 PM
The point is made by your Av. How many flush shots did Wanderlei land there? Anyone who takes 5 knee's from Wanderlei Silva like that before falling down has a hard fuckin' chin/head.

The question was pretty clearly "name one fighter who never goes out".

I'm pretty sure laying face first in the ropes bleeding profusely is the picture insert next to the definition of "KTFO".

Ludo
03-26-2010, 12:23 PM
Your looking to twist "name one fighter who just doesn't go out" into something superhuman. But I'll play the game. Dan Henderson

zY|
03-26-2010, 12:23 PM

My point was that he's never been hit in a way that rendered him either unconscious or so far out of it that he could no longer effectively defend himself. He was obviously rocked, but still had his senses about him to the point of being able to recover and come back to win.

I find that interesting with you being such a Serra fan. I think the two fights are EXTREMELY similar. The difference is that Serra isn't a spaz like Fujita. Fedor was able to clinch and recover because Fujita got over excited and just stood there and is also fairly terrible. Serra kept his composure and stayed away and actually did a phenomenal job of getting the finish. Most guys probably would've rushed in frantically and gotten tied up. The point is anyone can be hurt by anybody. Discounting a fighter because it actually happened to them once is, in my opinion, ludicrous.

zY|
03-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Your looking to twist "name one fighter who just doesn't go out" into something superhuman. But I'll play the game. Dan Henderson

What about that kick in the face where he fell down and got choked out by A Silva?

I'm not the one making superhuman claims that some guys can't be knocked out with punches.

I'm simply saying the Serra/GSP fight should be the fight you point to and say "look, anyone can lose to anybody", not "look he has a weak chin". That's retarded.

SPX
03-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Discounting a fighter because it actually happened to them once is, in my opinion, ludicrous.

I'm not discrediting GSP at all. I'm just saying there's a precedent set for how Dan Hardy can win this fight.

With Fedor, it may be possible, but only theoretically since it's never happened in more than 30 fights.

zY|
03-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Discounting a fighter because it actually happened to them once is, in my opinion, ludicrous.

I'm not discrediting GSP at all. I'm just saying there's a precedent set for how Dan Hardy can win this fight.

With Fedor, it may be possible, but only theoretically since it's never happened in more than 30 fights.

LOL.

It's only theoretically possible for a human man to be knocked out by blunt force trauma to the head.

I'm done here.

Ludo
03-26-2010, 12:30 PM
[quote="zY|":29rplhx5]

I find that interesting with you being such a Serra fan. I think the two fights are EXTREMELY similar. The difference is that Serra isn't a spaz like Fujita. Fedor was able to clinch and recover because Fujita got over excited and just stood there and is also fairly terrible. Serra kept his composure and stayed away and actually did a phenomenal job of getting the finish. Most guys probably would've rushed in frantically and gotten tied up. The point is anyone can be hurt by anybody. Discounting a fighter because it actually happened to them once is, in my opinion, ludicrous.[/quote:29rplhx5]

"I'm Ludacris.
What? Stop being ridiculous.
No really, I'm Ludacris
Stop being ridiculous
*whips out gun* What now motherfucka! My name is Ludacris!"

Ludo
03-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Dan Henderson was never knocked out. Never in his entire career has he ever been knocked out with kicks, punches, elbows, knees, headbutts, or kryptonite.

SPX
03-26-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm simply saying the Serra/GSP fight should be the fight you point to and say "look, anyone can lose to anybody", not "look he has a weak chin". That's retarded.

You see, this attitude is the problem.

I know a lot of people agree with you, but the way you phrase it doesn't credit GSP . . . it discredits Serra. "Anyone can lose to anybody" instead of "Serra's a skilled and heavy-handed fighter who can beat anyone on any given night."

"Anyone can lose to anybody" is Silva losing to Chonan. Or something like BJ Penn losing to Dale Hartt.

Mr. IWS
03-26-2010, 01:15 PM
I can't remember ever seeing him take a shot where I was like, "OHHHH!!! FUCK!!!!!!! I can't believe he's still conscious after that!"

Its a fair point, but I dont think Hardy has ever delivered a shot like that to anyone above "can" level, if anyone, to warrant any fear of that happening to GSP.

I think GSP can take anything from Hardy, and walk through it. While I understand part of its hype, but it seems Everyone is making Hardy out to be some lights out type puncher, and I dont see it.

SPX
03-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Its a fair point, but I dont think Hardy has ever delivered a shot like that to anyone above "can" level, if anyone, to warrant any fear of that happening to GSP.

Rory Markham's not a can.

Mr. IWS
03-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Rory Markham's not a can.

I almost thought you were serious there.

SPX
03-26-2010, 01:30 PM
I almost thought you were serious there.

Why the fuck is he a can? Because he lost to Dan Hardy?

Svino
03-26-2010, 01:32 PM
I think anyone can be knocked out by a punch delved solidly to the jaw by a trained boxer of their size. Guys that convince themselves otherwise just because they've never been KO'd before are probably about to let their hubris guide them to La-La land. [see: Tom Lawlor -> Dave Kaplan]

I'm always skeptical of what people say about a fighter's chin unless I can tell exactly how they came to their conclusion. It's a huge source of myths for a lot of reasons:

1) Small sample size, combined with the relative infrequency of KOs means that the data is buried in noise. Sure, you can name fighters who never get KO'd, but here's the catch - even if every fighter had an exactly average chin, you would expect to be able to do the same thing! Some guys would do better just by chance.

2) There's "confirmation bias" all over the place. The data is hard to interpret, and people will see what they already believe. A fighter gets rocked by a punch, but recovers. If you think he has a good chin you say "Wow, did you see that? Anyone else would have been knocked out!" If you think he has a weak one, you say, "I can't believe that guy almost got knocked out *again*!"

3) It's hard to tell just how dangerous a punch actually is, especially at full speed from only one camera angle. So much depends on exactly how the strike hits the head. That shot that looked like a killer ultra-power-blow might not have actually been all that likely to knock anyone out, even a guy with a weak chin. On the other hand, a shot that looks weak might hit in just the right spot.

4) People attribute to "chin" results that should really be attributed to defensive striking ability. Arlovski in his last couple fights is a good example of this one. People say he lost because of his weak chin. I'd say he lost to Fedor because he charged carelessly into an overhand bomb that would have flattened God. As for what happened with Rogers, Josh Barnett described it perfectly after the fight. Arlovski got tagged and then backed straight up with zero head movement. Of course Rogers was going to hit him again. And a series of head-punches from a guy like him would end anyone's night.

5) Chin fades with age. So even if you do know a fighter had a solid chin in the past, it may not be a guarantee.

[ok, rant over]

SPX
03-26-2010, 01:35 PM
^^^^ Damn, this motherfucker just straight up got all scientific on this shit.

Luke
03-26-2010, 01:38 PM
I'll settle this

Rory Markham is a bum

MMA_scientist
03-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Svino, that is hilarious. You really are a giant nerd among nerds. I am usually the dork in the room, but you make me look like the Fonze. Heeeeyyy.

There was an article on SD a few months ago about the "chin." It turns out the brain can't help but get turned off, your body has no control over it. The only relevant factor, or so said the doctor who wrote the article, was the strenght of the sternocleidomastoids. Basically the muscles that connect your jaw to your neck and help you turn your head. If they are stonger, the head does not get torqued as much, and the brain does not het signalled to shut off.

boom: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sternocleidomastoid_muscle

What I take away: Big neck = no KO. Another scientific reason to favor the wrestlers... now that I think of it, many of the chin of steel guys are longtime wrestlers.

Markham is not a can, IMO. BUt Hardy's punching power is being blown way out of proportion. I think there is a great chance, probably more than 50% that GSP can beat Hardy without even fainting a shot or clinch.

zY|
03-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Svino, that is hilarious. You really are a giant nerd among nerds. I am usually the dork in the room, but you make me look like the Fonze. Heeeeyyy.

There was an article on SD a few months ago about the "chin." It turns out the brain can't help but get turned off, your body has no control over it. The only relevant factor, or so said the doctor who wrote the article, was the strenght of the sternocleidomastoids. Basically the muscles that connect your jaw to your neck and help you turn your head. If they are stonger, the head does not get torqued as much, and the brain does not het signalled to shut off.

boom: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sternocleidomastoid_muscle

What I take away: Big neck = no KO. Another scientific reason to favor the wrestlers... now that I think of it, many of the chin of steel guys are longtime wrestlers.

Markham is not a can, IMO. BUt Hardy's punching power is being blown way out of proportion. I think there is a great chance, probably more than 50% that GSP can beat Hardy without even fainting a shot or clinch.

Also, notice guys who roll with punches and have good defense don't get knocked out as often. Not to sound too cliche, but it's the one you don't see coming that knocks you out. There's no preparing for a punch you don't see.

Ludo
03-26-2010, 03:41 PM
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Fi ... unch-22134 (http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Fistic-Medicine-The-Biophysics-of-Taking-a-Punch-22134)

It’s hard not to be in awe of Tito Ortiz’s head. So imperious in its shape and proportions. So defiantly unbowed. So … well, frankly, so unbelievably mammoth.

It was only after I had been admiring Tito’s head for some time that I learned that in addition to its obvious aesthetic qualities, his cranium’s superhuman proportions gave him near invincibility in the ring. Amazing! And it was only after I had been believing that for some time more that I went to medical school and realized it was absolute nonsense.

If a strangely enlarged cranium doesn’t provide a fighter with infallible protection against knockouts, the so-called “iron chin,” what does? What allows one fighter to absorb a man-killing blow to the face and dooms another to crumple before it? The answer is straightforward and multi-syllabic: the sternocleidomastoid muscles.

The sternocleidomastoids (SCM) -- one on each side of the neck -- are paired muscles, composed of the sternomastoid component that runs from the sternum to the mastoid process of the skull, immediately behind and below the ear, and the cleidomastoid muscle that runs from the clavicle to the mastoid. When flexed, the SCM rotates the head toward the opposing side. Flexing both SCMs in alternation shakes the head “no,” as one might if waving off an overly concerned ringside physician. Flexing them simultaneously flexes the neck forward and extends the head -- in the right circumstance resisting the force of a blow to the face. It’s why fighters often seem to be ducking into a punch.

One can look in a mirror and flex his SCMs, looking a bit like Lou Ferrigno after someone has seriously pissed off Bruce Banner. The muscles are prominent. Unfortunately, they are also isolated; no other significant muscle supports them in resisting backward movement of the cranium.

Photo: U.S. Public Domain
Moreover, arrayed against them are the muscles used in throwing a punch: calves, gluts, lats, pecs, triceps, etc. These are some of the most powerful muscles in the body. It is not surprising then that we rarely see the thrower of a well-placed punch to the head grasping his hand in pain and stumbling back in amazement as his opponent casually flexes his SCMs and smiles; the muscular arithmetic is firmly in the thrower’s favor.

When a punch of sufficient force strikes the face, it accelerates the front of the cranium back into the frontal lobes of the brain. This is the irreducible sweet science of brain injury. A gentle blow to the frontal lobes causes various degrees of central nervous system sedation -- it stuns the brain -- and a blow of sufficient force simply shuts the brain off. Seizures are not uncommon.

When a blow to the head comes from an angle, as opposed to straight on, only one of the SCMs can resist the force: The resulting acceleration of the cranium and damage to the brain are thus much greater.

Worse still, when a fighter is struck on the chin, the mandible creates leverage that magnifies the force and damage. This is the phenomenon of a fighter being hit “on the button.” Incidentally, this is an argument why, all things being equal, fighters with large heads and Cro-Magnon-like chins are at a theoretical mechanical disadvantage in withstanding blows.

Lastly, the anatomy of the brain makes blows to the back of the head particularly dangerous. The extensor muscles of the neck are far stronger than the SCMs, but the part of the brain under direct assault is more delicate. The frontal lobes injured in a frontal blow control speech, movement and thought -- all the neurologic skills we see depleted in old boxers. The back of the brain, the hindbrain or rhombencephalon, controls respiration, heart rate, swallowing, blood pressure. Fighters who sustain injuries there never grow to be old.

Matt Pitt is a physician with degrees in biophysics and medicine. He is board-certified in emergency medicine and has post-graduate training in head injuries and multi-system trauma. To ask a question that could be answered in a future article, e-mail him at mpitt@sherdog.com.

SPX
03-26-2010, 04:34 PM
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Real-t ... -ins-23466 (http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Real-time-Results-UFC-111-Weigh-ins-23466)

Markham comes in at 177 lbs. That's fucking crazy. Is this going to become a catch weight bout? If he has to try to cut that then it might make a bet on Diaz worth it.

Ludo
03-26-2010, 04:44 PM
If he has to cut 7lbs more then I'm definitely taking Diaz

Luke
03-26-2010, 04:46 PM
If he has to cut 7lbs more then I'm definitely taking Diaz

He's not cutting anymore Diaz said he'd take the fight even though Marham came in overweight

Luke
03-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Anyone know where you can find fighters weights from their previous fights?

Ludo
03-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Good thing I didn't touch the fight then. This could look alot like Rumble vs Yoshida

SPX
03-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Good thing I didn't touch the fight then. This could look alot like Rumble vs Yoshida

Makes me wonder if a small bet on Markham is worth it. . .

Ludo
03-26-2010, 04:59 PM
I dunno. Markham has had major issues with health before. Lets not forget he entered the fight with Hardy with a collapsed lung. I don't know that I trust this to just be laziness on Markhams part. I'm still not going near it.

Luke
03-26-2010, 05:47 PM
NJSACB levied a $1,000 weigh-in purse penalty on Rory Markham, which goes to Nate Diaz when he gets paid after the fight.

Big deal ,he comes in 7 pounds overweight and loses 1k?

SPX
03-26-2010, 05:56 PM

Isn't he also ineligible for any sort of win bonus as well?

I could be wrong on that.

Luke
03-26-2010, 06:09 PM

Isn't he also ineligible for any sort of win bonus as well?

I could be wrong on that.

I just found they take 12.5% of you pay if you come in overweight .So he was only making 8k for the fight anyway.As for the win bonus I have no idea

SPX
03-26-2010, 06:14 PM
I just found they take 12.5% of you pay if you come in overweight .So he was only making 8k for the fight anyway.As for the win bonus I have no idea

I figured it wasn't much. I mean, it's just Rory Markham.

Luke
03-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Josh Gross from SI.com on Hardys chances against GSP:

"So your saying Hardy has a shot?"

Josh:"yeah Kinda like Lloyd Christmas"

Luke
03-26-2010, 06:21 PM
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/luke1899/lyod.gif

SPX
03-26-2010, 06:22 PM

I think Hardy might have as good a shot as Alves did.

I mean, yeah, we saw how that turned out, but everyone at least gave Alves a chance.

zY|
03-26-2010, 07:44 PM

I think Hardy might have as good a shot as Alves did.

I mean, yeah, we saw how that turned out, but everyone at least gave Alves a chance.

Alves had actually beat a few guys.

GSP submission, Round 1

zY|
03-26-2010, 09:24 PM
BTW there's new article on Fistic Medicine article on Sherdog (by the same guy as quoted above) about Alves.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Fi ... rity-23486 (http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Fistic-Medicine-Alves-and-Brain-Irregularity-23486)

Luke
03-26-2010, 09:43 PM
BTW there's new article on Fistic Medicine article on Sherdog (by the same guy as quoted above) about Alves.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Fi ... rity-23486 (http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Fistic-Medicine-Alves-and-Brain-Irregularity-23486)

Way too much mumbo jumbo for me to read .Heres a better summary:

TMZ spoke with Alves moments ago, who told us, "I went and saw a specialist this morning who told me I need to have the minor procedure." We're told the procedure will be done in New York.

Alves says he expects to be sidelined from fighting for three weeks -- but expects to be back in the gym in two. We asked Alves if he thought a blow to the head from his recent fight with Georges St-Pierre may have caused his condition and he told us, "I don't think so."

TMZ also spoke with UFC president Dana White who told us, "He'll be back ... it's all good."

Luke
03-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Reports are Carwin looked soft around the waist at weigh ins.That and him not being at the press confernce makes me wonder if he's been sick or something else

zY|
03-26-2010, 10:26 PM
You decide.

http://photos.mmaweekly.com/gallery/Ultimate%20Fighting%20Championship%20-%20UFC/UFC_111/weigh-ins/07-ShaneCarwinUFC111_Weigh.jpg

http://mmaaddicts.com/dann/ufc-111-st-pierre-hardy/frank-mir-shane-carwin.jpg

http://photos.mmaweekly.com/gallery/Ultimate%20Fighting%20Championship%20-%20UFC/UFC_111/weigh-ins/05-CarwinMirUFC111_Weigh.jpg

http://mmaaddicts.com/dann/ufc-111-st-pierre-hardy/shane-carwin.jpg

Luke
03-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Doesnt look that way to me at all .That was Josh Gross's words from SI.com.This is the first I had seen the pictures

poopoo333
03-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Final Plays:
3u on Palhares @-240
2u on Pellegrino @-165
0.5u on Saunders @+310

I decided to make some prop bets for the first time:
0.5u on Mir winning via TKO/KO @+495
0.5u on Pellegrino/Camoes going the distance @+280

Svino
03-26-2010, 10:56 PM
There was an article on SD a few months ago about the "chin." It turns out the brain can't help but get turned off, your body has no control over it. The only relevant factor, or so said the doctor who wrote the article, was the strenght of the sternocleidomastoids

Yeah. I did see that. Maybe they should list "neck circumference" right under "reach" in the tale of the tape. Alternatively, they could go with my plan to measure each fighter's true chin strength by having a robot punch them in the jaw with calibrated and increasing force until a shot KOs them. [Fight Science - call me]

And I don't know about sternocleidomastoids, but Mir sure beats Carwin in the trapezius department, wow.

zY|
03-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Disregard those last pics, I see what they're talking about now.

Carwin is JACKED!

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5005/45234523.jpg

poopoo333
03-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Final Plays:
3u on Palhares @-240
2u on Pellegrino @-165
0.5u on Saunders @+310

I decided to make some prop bets for the first time:
0.5u on Mir winning via TKO/KO @+495
0.5u on Pellegrino winning by decision @+280

Fixed...

Ludo
03-26-2010, 11:06 PM
1.5u parlay to win 2u on Pellegrino and Almeida

3u to win 2u on Almeida

1u to win 5u on Hardy

Luke
03-26-2010, 11:16 PM

Carwin is JACKED!

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5005/45234523.jpg

What the freak are you rambling about?

Thewiseman
03-27-2010, 10:10 AM
Mir 4.14u to win 3u
Saunders 3u to win 2u
Bocek 1u to win 3..14u
Almeida 5.6u to win 4u

YTD +6.5u
Saunders was cancelled, and now I have 2u to win 5.15u on Saunders.

Markham 1u to win 2.5u

Thewiseman
03-27-2010, 11:00 AM
I am hoping that at least one of my underdogs will come through, especially Saunders. I jumped the gun betting 2u on him, and definatly didnt think he would go up to +325. I am hoping Saunders will be even more improved, and can at least somewhat defend the takedown. He may be able to do enough on the feet to even win a decision, I bet .06u to win 1u that he wins by dec. I just have a feeling fitch is gonna get stopped in this one. He got rocked in his last fight, and I think that Saunders can finish if he hurts fitch. I feel the same way about Diaz, I think Markham has alot of power and certainly is capable of stopping Diaz. Diaz will probably win, Especially if this goes into the 2nd round, I dont think Markham is going to have alot of gas in this one. Should only have .5u on Markham and 1u on Saunders.
Bocek I bet strictly on value, i think he has improved alot. Miller is better, but I give Bocek a decent shot at winning. wish I only had a .5u on him though. I bet too much on dogs this time around.
I am confident in winning my 4u on Almeida, 3u on Mir and 1u on Pelligrino. I dont know much about Camoes, but Pelligrino is not gonna get subbed and should be able win a decision. I think Mir will outclass Carwin on the feet, and either he will hurt him, then finish by TKO or Submission, or Carwin will take him down and get Subbed. I am only wooried about Mir hurting Carwin, rushing in and getting dropped by Shane. With Almeida, my only worry is him gassing, thats it.
I have two big parlays on this card, combined with fights from UFN and 112. One is just GSP for 4u, and the other is GSP and Palhares for 2u. I dont even have to explain GSP, Palhares should be able to get the fight to the ground somehow and Sub Drwal, if not, he is in trouble. I was gonna take Palhares up to -200, so instead I parlayed him with some fights I feel are close to locks. If palhares wins, I am very confident in this parlay hitting.

Mr. IWS
03-27-2010, 11:00 AM
LOL @ Shooped Carwin

zY|
03-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Good luck wih your underdogs man, but I don't think Saunders is going to win. Once Fitch gets him down the round is pretty much over. He might even tap him late.

poopoo333
03-27-2010, 11:07 AM
I know my "final plays" have been posted, but Jim Miller is down to -330 right now.... I am tempted.

And holy crap at Hardy being +615...tempted to make a small play on him too, but I am not going to because I don't think he will win at all although I want to see him win.

Thewiseman
03-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Just added a parlay
Funeka(Luke's Boxing pick)
wallace
Riddle
Palhares
Pelligrino
Mir
GSP
.2u to win 2.5u

SPX
03-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Fitch is down to -320 at 5dimes. If he dips to -300 then I probably have to take him.

Luke
03-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Just added a parlay
wallace
Riddle
Palhares
Pelligrino
Mir
GSP
.2u to win 2.5u

Looks good ,hope it hits for you ::handshake::

zY|
03-27-2010, 12:51 PM

Carwin is JACKED!

What the freak are you rambling about?

You don't see the pic or are just that dense?

SPX
03-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Just read a thread on Sherdog with a lot of people picking Drwal over Palhares. . .

Anyone here think that's justified? Is there something I'm missing?

Luke
03-27-2010, 01:48 PM
Just read a thread on Sherdog with a lot of people picking Drwal over Palhares. . .

Anyone here think that's justified? Is there something I'm missing?

You should stay away from sherdog ::handshake::

Ludo
03-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Palhares went the distance with Gumby and Hendo. Drwal has nothing for Palhares except for a hard punch.

SPX
03-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Palhares went the distance with Gumby and Hendo. Drwal has nothing for Palhares except for a hard punch.

I was confused by several people calling Drwal "a great wrestler." I've never thought of him as a wrestler at all. I've always just thought of him as a brawler.

Svino
03-27-2010, 03:16 PM

I was confused by several people calling Drwal "a great wrestler." I've never thought of him as a wrestler at all. I've always just thought of him as a brawler.

Drwal showed improved takedown defense in his more recent fights. I really don't think it will be enough though. Of course, I could be wrong.

Thewiseman
03-27-2010, 04:15 PM
[quote="SPX"]Just read a thread on Sherdog with a lot of people picking Drwal over Palhares. . .

Anyone here think that's justified? Is there something I'm missing?[/quote
If he can keep the fight standing, he wins. Palhares standup is pretty bad. I think palhares will get this to the ground and get a 1st rd sub, probably by heelhook.

Thewiseman
03-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Just added a parlay
wallace
Riddle
Palhares
Pelligrino
Mir
GSP
.2u to win 2.5u

Looks good ,hope it hits for you ::handshake::
Thanks. someone, probably just one will lose, but its only .2u.

Thewiseman
03-27-2010, 04:48 PM
Mir 4.14u to win 3u
Saunders 3u to win 2u
Bocek 1u to win 3..14u
Almeida 5.6u to win 4u

YTD +6.5u
Saunders was cancelled, and now I have 2u to win 5.15u on Saunders.

Markham 1u to win 2.5u
GSP 2u to win .03u

poopoo333
03-27-2010, 04:54 PM
I can't wait for tonight. For some reason I am nervous about Palhares, but he should win.

Thewiseman
03-27-2010, 04:59 PM
I can't wait for tonight. For some reason I am nervous about Palhares, but he should win.
Im nervous about Saunders, Bocek, Markham, Pelligrino, Mir, Almeida, Palhares and Gsp.

poopoo333
03-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Im nervous about Saunders, Bocek, Markham, Pelligrino, Mir, Almeida, Palhares and Gsp.

Well You have a good reason to be haha.
I think out of the dogs, Saunders has the best chance to win...and I think Brown will upset Almeida.

Thewiseman
03-27-2010, 05:52 PM

Well You have a good reason to be haha.
I think out of the dogs, Saunders has the best chance to win...and I think Brown will upset Almeida.
I think so too, thats why I have 2u on Saunders. I think if Brown wins it will be Because Almeida gasses.

SPX
03-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Final Bets:

Carwin: 1u to win 1.5u
Paul Harris: 2.5u to win 1.04u
Pellegrino: 2u to win 1.21u
Almeida: 1.25u to win 1.09u
Dan Hardy: .25u to win 1.25u
Ben Saunders: .25u to win .75u

Luke
03-27-2010, 06:50 PM
Final bets:

poopoo333
03-27-2010, 06:53 PM
I wish my bodog account was funded. GSP is at -550.

zY|
03-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Final bets:

Same. I don't see anything worth betting on this card.

Luke
03-27-2010, 07:03 PM
Same. I don't see anything worth betting on this card.

I got a boxing bet going that I think has a better chance than anything in the UFC hitting tonigh(except for GSP)

If my boxing match is over before Carwin-Mir or GSP-Hardy I might throw down a 20 on something but not likely.If I do though I post it in the ingam thread

triathlete
03-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Yay for Palhares.

Ludo
03-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Palhares and Almeida have hit for Me so far. I was wondering about Diaz but wasn't going to touch it with all the unknowns about Markham and the weight.

SPX
03-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Final Bets:

+4.34

Definitely a good haul for me. After hitting that dry spell, it feels good to have picked up almost 6u over the last two events. I just need slightly more than 1.5u to completely make up for my recent losses. Stella's getting here groove back. . .

I came very close to making last minute prop bets of Fitch Wins by Decision at -115 and GSP Wins by Decision at +325. Instead I went in another direction. Stupid me. Oh well, the Hardy and Saunders plays only cost me .5u.

SPX
03-28-2010, 12:32 PM
So to recap:

Saunders got Fitched, Mir got Carwined, and Hardy got GSPd.

I was impressed by Carwin. ANOTHER first round finish, and this time against a contender. You can't say "the guy hasn't fought anybody" anymore. The way Mir just crumbled when he got hit was amazing. Carwin is legit. This wasn't even a comeback-from-behind finish like Gonzaga, either. He was controlling the fight pretty much the whole way through.

Hardy lost--and put up almost nothing in terms of offense--but he proved that he's a tough motherfucker and also a wily competitor. Getting out of BOTH the armbar and kimura blew me away. He's not ready to fight the best of the best, but he's a game fighter and will go far, especially if he continues to improve. I'm a fan.

Thewiseman
03-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Lost 3u. Would have been up 1u if Bocek would have got the win like he deserved. I lost 4u on dogs and 4u on Mir. Won 4u on Almeida and 1u on Pelligrino.

Luke
03-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Final Bets:

+4.34

Definitely a good haul for me. After hitting that dry spell, it feels good to have picked up almost 6u over the last two events. I just need slightly more than 1.5u to completely make up for my recent losses. Stella's getting here groove back. . .

I came very close to making last minute prop bets of Fitch Wins by Decision at -115 and GSP Wins by Decision at +325. Instead I went in another direction. Stupid me. Oh well, the Hardy and Saunders plays only cost me .5u.

Great job SPX I knew you cleaned up last night but wasnt sure how much

::clap:: ::clap::

Mr. IWS
03-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Well done X!

zY|
03-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Good work SPX

Ludo
03-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Congrats SPX. I'm still a way's in the hole after getting Marquardted and the string of upsets at WEC47 but I think I'll find my way out of it soon enough. 9u between 111 and Versus has me confident I'll regain what I lost soon enough. Bring on UFN!