PDA

View Full Version : Tim Sylvia vs worlds stongest man

Mr. IWS
02-27-2010, 06:22 PM
I have a feeling this gets cancelled some how.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/2/27/13 ... tim-sylvia (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/2/27/1329384/mariusz-pudzianowski-vs-tim-sylvia)

Pudzianowski has won the World’s Strongest Man title a record five times. The 33-year-old made his MMA debut in December and this show will mark his U.S. debut.

Also signed for the card are UFC veterans Rich Clementi, Yves Edwards and Houston Alexander.

"This will be the biggest card ever done, probably in the Northeast," said [promoter Corey] Fischer. "The UFC is coming here in August and they’re going to have a hard gate to beat. I think this fight card will be better than what they’re bringing."

"It’ll be on pay-per-view and shown live in Korea, Poland, Canada and about 14 other countries," said Fischer. "This will have more viewers than (the UFC’s) show."

As of now, Moosin will be the first big MMA organization to come to Boston. As announced earlier, Bellator Fighting Championships will head to the Citi Performing Arts Center Wang Theatre on May 6 and the UFC makes its Massachusetts debut on August 28 at the TD Garden.

zY|
02-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Yeah. As long as Tim doesn't show up weighing 300 pounds he'll put the hurt on this guy quick.

Ludo
02-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Your kidding me... Tim Sylvia is going to get absolutely wrecked by Marius Pudzianowski. What he lacks in experience and skill he makes up for with raw power. I have a feeling he's going to leg kick Sylvia into oblivion here if he doesn't knock him out faster than Ray Mercer did.

zY|
02-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Your kidding me... Tim Sylvia is going to get absolutely wrecked by Marius Pudzianowski. What he lacks in experience and skill he makes up for with raw power. I have a feeling he's going to leg kick Sylvia into oblivion here if he doesn't knock him out faster than Ray Mercer did.

Hahaha. Where do people get the impression that this guy is actually good?

Rushing forward throwing the worst kicks I've ever seen with your hands at your sides is a one-way ticket to KTFOville against anyone even REMOTELY capable. If he doesn't rush in like that he's still just going to get jabbed and sprawled to death, Tim isn't taking any risks.

I'm still not sure if you're just fucking with me. That leg kick comment was a pretty big giveaway.

Mr. IWS
02-27-2010, 07:33 PM
What happens to Pudzillas tank if he dont get Timmeh out other there in the first round?

Ludo
02-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Yeah cause a guy who shows up 50lbs over weight and can't even get out of the way of the first punch a near 50 year old Ray Mercer even though he's 6'8" tall and can kick is going to stand up to those monster kicks. One shot is all it's going to take for Sylvia to want no part of this fight anymore. Mark my words.

As far as his tank goes. Watch some of the Strongest man footage. I don't think his cardio is in question if he trains anywhere near that hard.

zY|
02-27-2010, 08:39 PM
LOL

Unbelievable.

"Mark my words"

EDITED

Mr. IWS
02-27-2010, 08:40 PM
I can see him bull rushing and just smothering Timmeh. I dont know, after seeing what Mercer did, all bets are off with anything timmeh is involved in.

I hope they put go through with this. Should be hillarious.

zY|
02-27-2010, 08:42 PM
I can see him bull rushing and just smothering Timmeh. I dont know, after seeing what Mercer did, all bets are off with anything timmeh is involved in.

I hope they put go through with this. Should be hillarious.

Yeah if he shows up fat and terrible he could lose, but he wasn't 300 pounds in his last fight. Also Ray Mercer is a former HW champion boxer. This Pud guy pulls cars and lifts stumps.

BFD

Mr. IWS
02-27-2010, 08:48 PM
LOL

Unbelievable.

"Mark my words"

What are you a random Sherdog troll now?

LOL, take it easy man.

Mr. IWS
02-27-2010, 08:49 PM
As far as his tank goes. Watch some of the Strongest man footage. I don't think his cardio is in question if he trains anywhere near that hard.

I dont think that type of training will do anything for fight specific cardio.

Mr. IWS
02-27-2010, 08:51 PM
[quote="IWS Zak":34ne9wuc]

Yeah if he shows up fat and terrible he could lose, but he wasn't 300 pounds in his last fight. Also Ray Mercer is a former HW champion boxer. This Pud guy pulls cars and lifts stumps.

BFD[/quote:34ne9wuc]

I guess I mean what kind of dedication will he have fighting a strong man. He certainly didnt show any fighting a washed up boxer. But then again, maybe Mercer knocked some sense into him.

Ludo
02-27-2010, 09:06 PM
LOL

Unbelievable.

"Mark my words"

What are you a random Sherdog troll now?

EDITED....... I may not have been on this forum for very long but I think you know better than that already based on the posts I have made if you have seen them. Not sure why the personal attack here but it is what it is. Now that we've each taken a shot lets move on.

As far as the cardio goes. I know that training isn't fight specific nor designed to produce fighters or the cardio for it. But the shit those guys go through (alot of times in very hot climates in summer time as part of the competition) Cardio has got to be a factor there. If the guy can flip huge tractor tires 8 times and carry anvils and shit in the african heat I don't think his cardio is for shit. I don't see any reason he can't alter his training to improve his cardio and stamina for fighting.

Mr. IWS
02-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Lets chill out.

Mr. IWS
02-27-2010, 09:16 PM
As far as the cardio goes. I know that training isn't fight specific nor designed to produce fighters or the cardio for it. But the shit those guys go through (alot of times in very hot climates in summer time as part of the competition) Cardio has got to be a factor there. If the guy can flip huge tractor tires 8 times and carry anvils and shit in the african heat I don't think his cardio is for shit. I don't see any reason he can't alter his training to improve his cardio and stamina for fighting.

I know what your saying. I just want to see where he is at after 1 round, where the guy is fighting back.

Ludo
02-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Oh I hear you on that one. I just don't see his cardio being a total crap shoot is all given his prior exploits. It'll definitely get interesting if it makes it past round one, and thats a pretty heavy if at this point given Sylvia's recent performances(Riley excluded, Riley just seemed to not know what in the hell to do with a guy that tall. Either that or he didn't have the tools to deal with it). One thing I do know is if Sylvia comes out like he did against Mercer, almost looking afraid to exchange and so he throws that tentative low kick it's not gonna be a long fight. Pudzianowski may not have the best technique ever, but if Sylvia leaves himself posted while he's throwing kicks that aren't meant to do anything but keep someone at bay it won't be long before Mariusz says fuck it and rushes him.

Mr. IWS
02-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Ludo, Zy is the forum ball breaker, he's harmless bro.

::handshake::

Ludo
02-27-2010, 09:25 PM
It's cool. No harm done.

Mr. IWS
02-27-2010, 09:26 PM
it won't be long before Mariusz says fuck it and rushes him.

I wouldnt be suprised if he does a James Thompson off the bell.

zY|
02-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Look all I'm saying is give the man a break. I mean cmon.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/zygote7/timsylvia.jpg

Luke
02-27-2010, 10:32 PM
Tim Sylvia is a bum

Luke
02-27-2010, 10:38 PM
This guy could be the next Brock Lesnar or the next Bob Sapp ,it wont take long to tell which

zY|
02-27-2010, 10:42 PM
This guy could be the next Brock Lesnar or the next Bob Sapp ,it wont take long to tell which

Brock Lesnar is the next Mark Kerr.

Ludo
02-27-2010, 11:17 PM
and Mark Kerr was the next John Henry, whats your point?
But in all seriousness I can see the comparison between Kerr and Lesnar, though I don't think Lesnars career will be cut short due to addiction.

I'd like to see Pudjianowski fight Sapp though. I guess I always wanted to see what Bob Sapp would look like if he only had one arm left.

Mr. IWS
02-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Timmeh went from fighting Fedor to Mercer, some can, now a strong man.

when Fedor beats you, he wrecks your life.

Ludo
02-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Some say when he hits you he doesn't just knock you out, he knocks out your soul.

zY|
02-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Who thinks this fight won't even happen when fight commissions declare it a complete mismatch?

Ludo
02-28-2010, 10:47 PM
Depends where it happens. I'm not sure how keen Pudjianowski is on the idea of fighting in the USA

Luke
02-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Who thinks this fight won't even happen when fight commissions declare it a complete mismatch?

I dont see how they can say any fight is a complete mismatch when he got knokced out in 8 seconds by a 47 year old retired boxer

zY|
02-28-2010, 10:54 PM

I dont see how they can say any fight is a complete mismatch when he got knokced out in 8 seconds by a 47 year old retired boxer

Well they already did for his fight against Sims.

Luke
03-01-2010, 12:19 AM
[quote="zY|":5n888liy]Who thinks this fight won't even happen when fight commissions declare it a complete mismatch?

Well they already did for his fight against Sims.[/quote:5n888liy]

i saw that but I think that was more of they already fought once that factored into that

zY|
03-01-2010, 02:09 AM
Oh I didn't realize they'd fought. That was 5 years ago. Hell I dunno I'm just talking out of my ass anyways.

Mr. IWS
03-01-2010, 08:32 AM

I dont know about the commision, but I think one of these guys is going to back out due to some BS (pay, visa problem, etc)