PDA

View Full Version : 3-6-10

Mr. IWS
03-06-2010, 08:34 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
03-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Brandon Lang Saturday's Selections .... NOTE:

Returning with my complete analysis by 10 A.M. Eastern Saturday morning

30 DIME - ARIZONA WILDCATS

Revenge is Arizona's today on senior day as the Wildcats get payback for a 56-50 loss at Southern Cal on New Year's Eve.$ This game has meaning for the 'Cats in terms of seeding for the upcoming Pac-10 tournament plus a potential NIT bid. But for the Trojans, who are not eligible for post-season play, this is the end of the line. And they're carrying a four-game losing streak into Tucson following Thursday's 59-54 loss at Arizona State, which was preceded by losses at home to Oregon State (49-44) and Oregon (54-44) plus a 51-47 loss at Washington State. Their offensive has averaged just a shade over 47 points during the skid. On the other hand, Arizona snared a road win at Stanford last Saturday on a last-second shot and then rallied from a double-digit decifit to beat UCLA at home on Thursday 78-73.

Again - my complete analysis available by 10:00 A.M. Eastern in the morning.

FREE PICK - BAYLOR

Mr. IWS
03-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Wayne Root

vegas legend----#550---2pm----LOUISVILLE
millionaire--------#582---6pm----MISSISSIPPI STATE
billionaire---------#598---7pm----DAYTON
no limit-----------#546---2pm----MISSOURI----game of year
perfect play-------#556---2pm----SOUTH FLORIDA

Mr. IWS
03-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Larry Ness' *10* CBB Total Of The Month! (12-6 L18)
At 9:00 ET my *10* CBB TOM is on UNC/Duke "over".

Lately, Duke has been unbeatable at Cameron - except when North Carolina makes the eight-mile trip up Tobacco Road to renew college basketball's fiercest rivalry. The Blue Devils are one win away from their 15th perfect finish at home and would set a school record with their 17th home victory. Duke hasn't beaten the Tar Heels in Durham since 2005 - before North Carolina fifth-year senior Marcus Ginyard arrived along with eventual national player of the year Tyler Hansbrough in 2005-06. "There's no question that it's something that we're very proud of," Ginyard said. "But again, you've just got to get back to remembering why we were so successful there." North Carolina had two constants during its four-game winning streak from 2006-09: Hansbrough and Danny Green, two of the only four players to beat Coach K four straight times on the court that now bears his name. Those seniors - plus standout guards Ty Lawson and Wayne Ellington - departed after winning a national title, and the players who stuck around have spent a difficult season absorbing their share of lumps, though they have won two straight to stay above .500 (note: Duke actually beat UNC 64-54 on its home floor back on Feb 10th). Duke dropped a hard fought, 79-72, decision at Maryland on Wednesday. Nolan Smith led the way with 20 points, while Jon Scheyer added 19 points. Brian Zoubek paced the Blue Devils with 13 rebounds, including six offensive boards. The loss snapped Duke’s season-best eight-game win streak. Make no mistake though, Duke wants to punish this team while its down; a win by the Blue Devils, who hold the tiebreaker advantage with Maryland, would give them their 12th regular-season title and the No. 1 seed in next week's ACC tournament. The Terrapins face Virginia, which is one game out of the ACC's cellar, in their finale (note: Duke soared over the total in its last game by 15 points). Expect both teams to leave everything on the floor and for this total to sail well "over" the posted number.

Good luck…Larry.

Larry Ness' CBB PERFECT STORM! (Day)
At 4:00 ET, my *9 Perfect Storm is on Coastal Carolina.

Gregg Marshall came to Wintrhop prior to the the 1998-99 season and from that season through 2006-07 took the Eagles to seven NCAA berths in nine years. In his final season (2006-07) his Eagles finally broke through, beating Notre Dame 74-64 in the NCAA's first round. Marshall left after that year for Wichita State with Randy Peele taking over. Wintrhop would win 22 games in Peele's first season (2007-08) and an eighth Big South tourney title and NCAA appearance for the Eagles in 10 years but last year's team fell to 11-19. Five starters returned this year and while Winthrop improved, it entered this year's Big South tourney at a modest 16-13 overall and with the third seed at 12-6. However, the Eagles are back in the Big South championship game after beating Liberty and then last year's regular season and tourney champ Radford 61-46 on Thursday. The Eagles have size in 6-9 St Bonny transfer Morgan (9.5-4.6) and 6-10 senior Buechert (6.0-6.5) plus a solid small forward in 6-5 senior Robinson (8.0-6.3). The backcourt is young, led by sophomore Middleton (10.4-3.3-3.0) and freshman Dreher (6.1). Middleton's been the star with 42 points in Winthrop's two tourney wins but here the Eagles meet a better team and one on a mission. Coastal Carolina's heyday was back in the late-80s, early-90s when the school won four Big South regular season titles and made two NCAA appearances (1991 and 1993). From 1993-94 through last year (16 years), the Chanticleers (great nickname) had just two winning seasons, including the first two of current head coach Cliff Ellis (24-35). However, Ellis can coach. He led South Alabama to two NCAA berths, Clemson to three (including the Clemson's first-ever ACC first-place regular season title in 1990) and Auburn to three NCAA berths, winning national coach-of-the-year in 1999 at Auburn when his Tigers won 29 games and captured the school’s first SEC championship in 40 years. Coastal Carolina won the Big South this year at 15-3, adding tourney wins over VMI and NC-Asheville to enter this game at 28-5 overall (Ellis now owns 664 all-time wins). Coastal Carolina lacks Winthrop's height but 6-5 senior Harris (14.8-9.8) has 28 points and 27 rebounds in the team's first two tourney wins with 6-7 JUCO transfer Gray (14.3-4.8) adding 37 points. The 6-6 Johnson (8.2-3.3) and 6-8 freshman McLaurin (3.2-5.0) give the Chants plenty of muscle up front. The backcourt features senior Edwards (12.2-4.2) plus freshman Greenwood (9.0-3.3 APG) and Nieman (6.3-3.2). This is the school's biggest game in almost two decades and the Chants get to play at home where they are 16-1 this year, outscoring opponents on average 76.3-to-59.5 PPG. That includes a 57-47 win over Winthrop (5-11 SU on the road TY) back on January 2.

Good Luck...Larry

Larry Ness' Weekend WIPEOUT WINNER! NBA
At 7:30 ET my *8* Weekend WIPEOUT WINNER is on the New York Knicks.

The Nets (6-55) are on pace for the worst record in N.B.A. history (9-73). The Knicks (21-40) are headed for their third straight 50-loss season. If they pooled their victories today, a merged Nets-Knicks team would have only the 21st-best record in the league. At the present rate, they will produce 36 victories and 128 losses this season, for a .221 winning percentage, their worst combined record since the Nets joined the N.B.A. in 1976. (The previous low came in 1986-87, when the Knicks and Nets each went 24-58, for a .293 percentage.) They will meet Saturday night at Madison Square Garden, for the final time this season, with the Knicks holding a 2-1 advantage in the series. There are no bragging rights to be gained, only humiliation to be avoided. The Knicks are one of five teams to lose to the Nets and do not want to join Charlotte, the only one to lose to the Nets twice. For the Nets, every defeat nudges them closer to the infamous 9-73 record compiled by the Philadelphia 76ers in 1972-73. New Jersey has only allowed 98.6 points per game of late, but as has been the case all season, the offense hasn’t been there to push it over the top. The Nets’ 97-87 loss to Orlando on Friday marked the 30th time they’ve failed to score 90 (note: New Jersey is 0-4 ATS this season as a road dog of 6 1/2 to 9 points). The Knicks have a first-time All-Star at forward, David Lee, and promising young players in Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler. They expected to at least match their 32-50 record of last season, which now seems impossible. New York’s 102-96 loss at Toronto on Friday was its 11th in 13 games and its 20th in 26. The Raptors, who were without Bosh after he was hospitalized with severe stomach pains, became the fifth team in six games to shoot better than 50 percent against the Knicks (note: New York is in fact 3-1 ATS as a home favourite of 6 1/2 to 9 points). This will be the third straight year that neither team makes the playoffs, the longest drought that the New York area has experienced. At this point in the season home-court advantage can't be overlooked and I expect the Knicks to play with a concerted effort on their home floor and after a sub-par performance; lay the points.

Good luck…Larry.

Mr. IWS
03-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Larry Ness' *10* CBB Conf. GAME OF THE YEAR!
At 9:05 ET my *10* Conf-USA "GOY" is on UAB.

UTEP is already the Conference USA regular season champion and will make a final performance tonight in the Don Haskins Center, taking on a very good (and dangerous) and somewhat desperate UAB club; the No. 24 Miners (No. 21 in the ESPN/USA Today Coaches' poll) are 23-5, 14-1 in conference play. UAB, coming off a costly loss to Memphis, is 23-6 and 11-4; suffice to say I expect a rebound. And do not forget the last time these two teams met, UTEP edged then-No. 25 UAB 74-65 in double-overtime back on Jan. 30 in Birmingham, Ala.; UAB will also be playing with the "revenge" this evening. Also note that UAB is in fact 7-1 SU its last eight on the road overall. Elijah Millsap is fifth in Conference USA in scoring (16.1 points per game) and leads C-USA in rebounding (9.3 rebounds per game). Aaron Johnson is fourth in the league in assists (4.9). Howard Crawford (12.4) and Jamarr Sanders (10.7) also average in double-figure scoring for the Blazers. These teams have ridden their defense to this point in the season. UAB is second in the conference in scoring defense, giving up just 61.4. UTEP is fifth, giving up only 64.6 points a game. The Miners are tied with Marshall for the league lead in field goal percentage defense (38.9) and UAB is fifth (41.2). UTEP leads the league in 3-point field goal percentage defense (29.9) and UAB is fourth (31.1) (note: UTEP is a poor 2-7 ATS its last nine at home). With so much at stake for UAB, I look for the Blazers to keep this one close down the stretch; grab the points.

Good luck…Larry.

Larry Ness' CBB MORNING MASSACRE (16-8 Run)
At 12:00 ET my *8* Morning Massacre is on Villanova.

The tenth ranked West Virginia Mountaineers pay a visit to the No. 9 Villanova Wildcats at noon. Villanova will be looking to continue to build momentum; after losing to Syracuse in embarrassing fashion last Saturday, the Wildcats were able to avoid a huge letdown in Cincy. Although it almost blew a 16-point lead, the Wildcats prevailed with a 77-73 win. After the victory, 'Nova head coach Jay Wright said; “Hey, it was a tough loss (at Syracuse). It didn’t kill us, but it was a tough loss. And what you get to recover from that is being at Cincinnati against a team that’s hungry and tough and physical.” (note: Villanova is 10-4 ATS its last 14 in front of the home town crowd). West Virginia comes into this game tied for place in the Big East standings with Pittsburgh. Although its won four of its last five, I believe Da'Sean Butler will struggle against the Wildcats tenacious defines (note: West Virginia is in fact a poor 3-6 SU its last nine on the road vs. the Wildcats). G Scottie Reynolds, Villanova's sharpshooter and team captain is putting up 18.9 points per game this season, tops on the squad. He has been the picture of consistency over the last month and a half of action, as he has scored at least 15 points in each of his L/11 games and has only failed to reach that number six times all season. I don't think home court advantage can be overlooked in this case; lay the points.

Good luck…Larry.

Mr. IWS
03-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Ben Burns

* VERY EARLY BURNS BLUE CHIP OVER/UNDER BLOWOUT
UNDER 128 1/2 (FSU @Miami, Florida)

9* BURNS PERSONAL FAVORITE MAJOR BLOWOUT ALERT
UTAH STATE -13 1/2 vs New Mexico State

10* BURNS BEST BET ATS ROUT (EARLY GAME)
MISSOURI +3 vs Kansas

10* BURNS ALERT NBA GAME OF THE MONTH
CHICAGO BULLS +1 1/2 vs Dallas Mavericks

Mr. IWS
03-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Scott Spreitzer

Smash Mouth

5* Pittsburgh

stephen6432
03-06-2010, 12:01 PM
zak, do you know if Pittsburgh is spreitzer's game of year?

Mr. IWS
03-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Private Players Of Pittsburgh
6% SAINT LOUIS
5% NOTRE DAME
5% BAYLOR
4% TEXAS A&M
4% SYRACUSE
4% SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI

Mr. IWS
03-06-2010, 12:41 PM
zak, do you know if Pittsburgh is spreitzer's game of year?

I think so.

Mr. IWS
03-06-2010, 02:03 PM
DR BOB

2 Star Selection
MIAMI FLORIDA (+2) over Florida State
I'll take Miami in a 2-Star Best Bet at +2 points or more.
Play Strength: 2-Stars at +2 or more.

3 Star Selection
BAYLOR (-3) over Texas
. I'll take Baylor in a 3-Star Best Bet at -3 points or less and for 2-Stars up to -4.
Play Strength: 3-Stars at -3 or less, 2-Stars up to -4.

3 Star Selection
Wofford (-11) over NC Greensboro
I'll take Wofford in a 3-Star Best Bet at -12 points or less and for 2-Stars up to -13 points.
Play Strength: 3-Stars at -12 or less, 2-Stars up to -13.

2 Star Selection
Siena (-13) over Manhattan
I'll take Siena in a 2-Star Best Bet at -14 points or less and for 3-Stars at -12 points.
Play Strength: 2-Stars at -14 or less.

2 Star Selection
Iowa State (+16) over KANSAS STATE
I'll take Iowa State in a 2-Star Best Bet at +16 points or more based on the strong situation.
Play Strength: 2-Stars at +16 or more.

Mr. IWS
03-06-2010, 05:04 PM
BIG AL

NCAA High Roller - Missouri