PDA

View Full Version : 3-10-10

Mr. IWS
03-10-2010, 08:48 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
03-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Big AL
3* Texs Tech
3* Washington State pac10 GOY
3*Cal Poly Big west conf GOY
opinion texas
opinion cincinatti
opinion weber state

Mr. IWS
03-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Brandon Lang 1-1 0 units

5* 632 Oklahoma State -7 (7:00)

Mr. IWS
03-10-2010, 11:42 AM
DR. BOB FREE BEST BET

Wednesday Daytime Free Best Bet
**Marquette (-3 1/2) over ST. JOHN'S
Rotation #622 - 11:30 am Pacific
St. John's may have an edge playing here in Madison Square Garden, where they play some of their home games during the regular season, but the Red Storm are just 1-10 ATS in conference tournament games after a conference tournament win, so that advantage doesn't appear to exist after their first game. Marquette applies to a 78-28-3 ATS conference tournament situation while St. John's applies to a negative 27-61-1 ATS letdown situation based on their consecutive wins. Marquette is not great as a big conference favorite, but the Eagles are 17-4 ATS in conference games under Buzz Williams when not favored by 5 points or more, including 10-1 ATS this season. My ratings favor Marquette by 4 1/2 points even after giving St. John's half of their home court value. I'll take Marquette in a 2-Star Best Bet at -4 points or less.

Mr. IWS
03-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Brandon Lang Writeup

Brandon Lang Wednesday's Selection .... NOTE:
Flat out wrong side.

Misjudged the Lakers big time last night. They were just flat. Flat as a pancake from Waffle House.

Off the 3 game east coast road trip, heartbreaking loss to Orlando Sunday, 3,000 mile plan ride back to Los Angeles, jet lag and off 1 days rest, facing a Raptors team who had failed to cover 7 straight games, still to much for LA to overcome.

The double digit number got me and I am man enough to admit just a pathetic call with the Lakers last night.

However, don't lose sight of the big picture.

5 of 7 winning days.

7 of 11 winning days

40 dime winner CAL two Saturdays ago

30 dime winner Texas A&M last Wednesday

2 straight winning weeks

So despite the efforts of the Lakers last night, still in a great groove, overall my opinion is right there and what is happening right now is what is called a basketball winning streak.

Yes, every once in awhile even when you are on a great winning streak you will throw in the occasional clunker as I did last night but my numbers the last 2 weeks should tell you, show you, my opinion is right where it needs to be.

And seeing as this is the biggest money making month of the year in hoops, I am 100% satisfied with where my basketball opinion is heading into this game today.

All about seizing back the winning momentum tonight, get winning day # 6 of the last 8 and roll into Thursday.

5 DIME - OKLAHOMA STATE

They are just flat out the better team.

At 21-9 and some would say on the NCAA tourney bubble, the Cowboys probably have to win two games in this tourney to punch their ticket to the big dance but most certainly they have to win here.

Over their last 7 games they are 5-2 SU and ATS, with the two losses on the road at A&M and Texas.

This team is capable of big things as evidenced by their 85-77 home win over Kansas and a 7 point home win over Baylor.

In the two meetings this year Oklahoma State led at the half at Oklahoma eventually squandering a 2nd half lead and then losing by 5 in OT.

However, a little less than a month ago at home they tattooed this Sooner bunch to the tune of 97-76 in a game that wasn't even that close. As you can see, the Sooners are ready to call it a year as evidenced by their play to end the year losing their last 8, and 10 of their last 12.

To make matters worse for this ballclub who has obviously quit, 9 of those 12 losses have been by 7 points or more with 7 by double digits.

This tourney game today is about one team knowing they need to win to get to March madness and another team that knows they are going nowhere playing a team they know they can't beat.

Where is Blake Griffin when you need him?

Oklahoma State rolls to another double diigit win over the Sooners tonight.

FREE PICK - IOWA STATE

Mr. IWS
03-10-2010, 03:13 PM
BEN BURNS FULL CARD

10* CONFERENCE TOURNEY FALSE FAVORITE GAME OF THE MONTH
CAL POLY SLO +2 1/2 vs Cal Irvine

10* NBA DIVISIONAL GAME OF THE MONTH
MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES +7 1/2 vs Denver Nuggets

10* BURNS BLOWOUT ALERT PERSONAL FAVORITE
TEXAS LONGHORNS -9 vs Iowa State

9* BURNS BLUE CHIP CBB TOTAL BLOWOUT
UNDER 145 1/2 (Iowa State vs Texas)

8* BRUNS NHL SITUATIONAL GAME OF THE MONTH
PHOENIX COYOTES ML vs Vancouver Canucks

8* BRUNS NBA NON CONFERENCE BEST BET
DETROIT PISTONS +5 1/2 vs Utah Jazz

5* BURNS MAJOR MISMATCH NHL ANNIHILATOR
CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS ML vs LA Kings

Mr. IWS
03-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Private Players of Pittsburgh
5% Georgetown
5% Texas Tech
5% Marquette
5% Missouri
4% East Carolina
4% Southern Miss

Mr. IWS
03-10-2010, 03:55 PM
I wont be around after 5pm, so if someone can help out posting service plays, Im sure it would be appreciated by all.

03-10-2010, 04:30 PM
LARRY NESS

Utah @ Detroit
PICK: Detroit +6

Rodney Stuckey collapsed while on the bench during the third quarter of Friday’s 99-92 loss to Cleveland. He was taken to the hospital but is now back home, although he's expected to miss again tonight. The Pistons are going nowhere, so why risk it, as Stuckey is arguably the team's best player right now (17.1-5.0 APG). The Pistons won without him on Sunday, beating the Rockets in OT, 110-107 in Detroit. Here, the Pistons attempt to snap a nine-game losing streak vs the Jazz, who come to town off a 132-point effort in crushing the Bulls last night. Seven players scored in double figures, led by Williams (18.6-10.2 APG) who had 28 points and 17 assists and CJ Miles off the bench (26). The team tried to move Boozer (19.4-11.2) before the trade deadline but now the Jazz are focused on their playoff positioning, one game back of the Nuggets in the Northwest . Utah is 4th overall in the West but just two games behind Dallas for the No. 2 seed, while behind them are the Suns (two games back) and Thunder (2 1/2-games back). The Jazz can't afford a slipup here vs the Pistons but it's dangerous spot. The 132 points scored at Chicago last night was just one point shy of the team's season-high in points and note that this team which is 16-14 SU on the road this year, has averaged 99.8 PPG away from home. Detroit is on pace to miss the postseason for the first time in nine years (last year ended a stretch of six straight appearances in the East Finals) but with Hamilton, Prince and Gordon, the Pistons just may give the Jazz "all they want" in this spot. I'm taking a stab with the home dog.