PDA

View Full Version : Dana boots Sherdog again from events

Luke
03-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Two hours before doors opened Sunday at the 1stBank Center in Broomfield, Colo., a UFC official informed Sherdog.com -- the largest independent MMA media site on the Web, the official MMA content partner for ESPN.com, and my home as an executive editor from 2004-2008 -- that its access had been pulled indefinitely because of a "executive decision," multiple sources confirmed to SI.com.

Asked to comment on the decision to revoke Sherdog.com's access, UFC president Dana White told SI.com via text that his reasoning was "none of your [expletive] business."

Darius Ortiz, the editor in charge of boxing and mixed martial arts for ESPN.com, and Sherdog.com founder Jeff Sherwood declined to comment on the UFC's position.

Sherdog.com went without access to the UFC from late 2005 until the middle of 2009, when it was allowed to return Octagon-side.

::handshake::

SPX
03-22-2010, 05:28 PM
Crazy. The UFC makes odd decisions. They eject the #1 MMA site from its media club and also seem to randomly give sponsors the boot for no real reason at all.

I wonder what's going on behind the scenes here.

zY|
03-22-2010, 05:29 PM
LOL that guy is so petty.

Luke
03-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Crazy. The UFC makes odd decisions. They eject the #1 MMA site from its media club and also seem to randomly give sponsors the boot for no real reason at all.

I wonder what's going on behind the scenes here.

Dana =bipolar

Mr. IWS
03-22-2010, 06:02 PM
"none of your [expletive] business."

LMAO

Luke
03-22-2010, 06:37 PM
"none of your [expletive] business."

LMAO

Heres more from Josh Gross at SI.com:

I wanted to share with you guys: texting with Dana White right now. This is fun. Dana says I can "go eat a dick" and thinks I'm a "scumbag."

Mr. IWS
03-22-2010, 07:33 PM
One day, someone is gonna knock the shit out of Dana.

Luke
03-22-2010, 07:45 PM
One day, someone is gonna knock the shit out of Dana.

Yeah but it isnt going to be me. He seem like the kind of guy that would know people that can fight and beat your ass

SPX
03-22-2010, 09:04 PM
These are great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHn96ZOW ... r_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHn96ZOWE1w&feature=player_embedded)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lloCUGsj ... r_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lloCUGsjuBI&feature=player_embedded)

zY|
03-22-2010, 09:25 PM
From what I hear, Josh Gross is pretty much blacklisted for life for revealing the TUF 4 finalists on his radio show back when he was at Sherdog.

SPX
03-22-2010, 09:26 PM
From what I hear, Josh Gross is pretty much blacklisted for life for revealing the TUF 4 finalists on his radio show back when he was at Sherdog.

He had to know that that wouldn't work out well for him.

I'm actually surprised the UFC didn't pursue some sort of legal action for that shit. (Or did they?)

zY|
03-22-2010, 09:34 PM

He had to know that that wouldn't work out well for him.

I'm actually surprised the UFC didn't pursue some sort of legal action for that shit. (Or did they?)

I don't know the details. I've just heard the rumors and Dana has ranted about him before.

EDIT: This sheds some light on it. LOL

http://www.fightreport.net/?p=734

Luke
03-22-2010, 10:38 PM

I hate reality shows.I think its stupid to tape something and then show it 6 months later like its live.

To be it would be like watching March Madness in Sept. I mean you know its over already so who cares about the games just tell me who wins and whos in the title game. Thats just me though.I've never watched TUF or any other reality show

Mr. IWS
03-23-2010, 12:32 PM
IMO Tuf would be better if it were Live (and we could bet on the fights.)

Luke
03-23-2010, 01:04 PM

100% yes .Id watch it for sure if it were live or just even on a few day delay ,like taped monday shown Wed

SPX
03-23-2010, 01:21 PM

How could it be live when it takes place over an entire week?

Luke
03-23-2010, 01:25 PM

How could it be live when it takes place over an entire week?

Show the "crap" no one cares about on delay and the actual fights live

SPX
03-23-2010, 01:32 PM

Honestly, the drama's just as important as the fights to me. I mean, that's where you get to learn about who the fighters really are. When most people look at who their favorite fighters are, it's not just fighting style that's important, but also personality.

Luke
03-23-2010, 01:56 PM

Honestly, the drama's just as important as the fights to me. I mean, that's where you get to learn about who the fighters really are. When most people look at who their favorite fighters are, it's not just fighting style that's important, but also personality.

personality= means zip to me .

Hopkins is a racist and dumb as a rock and he's my favorite fighter because of his fighting style not his personality.

I hate drama . If they would show the fights live I would at least tune in for those,as it is I've never watched TUF and never will

SPX
03-23-2010, 02:04 PM
I guess we're just different in that regard then.

I like Serra because he's a cool guy, always has confidence in himself, and is the perennial underdog.

I like Machida because he's the mystical warrior Japanese type, comes from a traditional martial arts background, and brings something unique to the Octagon.

I like GSP (I really do!) because he's generally respectful, can be exciting to watch (used to be more so before he figured out his GnP formula), comes from traditional martial arts background, and is driven toward perfection.

And I like Brock because he's a dickhead who keeps me constantly entertained with his antics.

SPX
03-23-2010, 02:06 PM
I'll also add that Hardy's winning me over. Seeing him training kung fu in China with the Shaolin monks kicked ass.

Mr. IWS
03-23-2010, 02:32 PM
I like the house drama on Tuf too. They can edit that shit over and lead it into the fight though.

SPX
03-23-2010, 02:35 PM
I like the house drama on Tuf too. They can edit that shit over and lead it into the fight though.

I'd like to be able to bet on the fights for sure.

They probably consider it way too much work to have to do it that way, though. However, maybe it would be a way to breathe new life into the series, because from what I understand it's been losing viewers over the past few seasons (except perhaps for the Kimbo season).

Mr. IWS
03-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Who knows, these muther fuckers will be doing promos saying Kimbo is coming back on the show every week, like they did last season.