PDA

View Full Version : Boxing plays 3/27

Luke
03-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Taking Ali Funeka -220 to win 1 units

Funkea and Guzman fught just 4 months ago to the tune of a draw.It was one of the worst decisions I had seen in a long time.I had the fight scored 117-111(9 rounds to 3) I rewatched the fight and gave Guzman every round that was even remotely close and came to a 116-112 card but still far off a draw. Funeka is 6'1" with a 72" reach ,Guzman is 5'7" with a 67 inch reach so Guzman will have trouble again hitting Funeka .Funkea also throws a much higher volume of punches than Guzman will .Funkea will jab Guzman to death just like he did in the first fight.This fight is in Vegas and the last one was in Canada so hopefully the Vegas judges have their glasses on . After alot of boxing sites complained loudly over the decision the last time these two fought I'm not worried about another screwball decision. As long as Funeka fights his gameplan he should win this fight rather easily

Risking 2.2 units to win 1

GL ::handshake::

SPX
03-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Ahoy there, sir!

Thought I'd stop by and say hi in this here boxing thread.

And maybe you're onto something. Winning boxing bets is so easy, after all! Perhaps I'll follow.

Luke
03-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Thought I'd stop by and say hi in this here boxing thread.

sheeesh

And maybe you're onto something. Winning boxing bets is so easy, after all! Perhaps I'll follow.

I didnt say boxing was easy to bet I said it was easier to win than MMA imo.Dont jinx us .

Mr. IWS
03-26-2010, 06:00 PM
::handshake::

Luke
03-26-2010, 06:08 PM
::handshake::

::lmao::

Mr. IWS
03-26-2010, 06:11 PM
I new you would get a kick out of that.

GL tonight man. Isnt he the guy on Northern Iowa that hit that 3 to beat Kansas the other night?

Luke
03-26-2010, 06:15 PM
I new you would get a kick out of that.

GL tonight man. Isnt he the guy on Northern Iowa that hit that 3 to beat Kansas the other night?

The fights tomorrow and the Northen Iowa guy is Ali Farokhmanesh lol

Whats your thoughts on the fight besides Ali is a good three point shooter?

Mr. IWS
03-26-2010, 06:20 PM
To be honest, I dont know too much about these guys.

Luke
03-26-2010, 06:23 PM
To be honest, I dont know too much about these guys.

I was j/k ::handshake::

SPX
03-26-2010, 06:34 PM
My thoughts?

Well, if I had to break it down, I'd have to say. . .

Funeka is 6'1" with a 72" reach ,Guzman is 5'7" with a 67 inch reach so Guzman will have trouble again hitting Funeka .Funkea also throws a much higher volume of punches than Guzman will .Funkea will jab Guzman to death just like he did in the first fight.This fight is in Vegas and the last one was in Canada so hopefully the Vegas judges have their glasses on . After alot of boxing sites complained loudly over the decision the last time these two fought I'm not worried about another screwball decision. As long as Funeka fights his gameplan he should win this fight rather easily

Luke
03-26-2010, 06:37 PM
My thoughts?

Well, if I had to break it down, I'd have to say. . .

Funeka is 6'1" with a 72" reach ,Guzman is 5'7" with a 67 inch reach so Guzman will have trouble again hitting Funeka .Funkea also throws a much higher volume of punches than Guzman will .Funkea will jab Guzman to death just like he did in the first fight.This fight is in Vegas and the last one was in Canada so hopefully the Vegas judges have their glasses on . After alot of boxing sites complained loudly over the decision the last time these two fought I'm not worried about another screwball decision. As long as Funeka fights his gameplan he should win this fight rather easily

You freaking goof ::lmao::

Luke
03-26-2010, 06:39 PM
Just FYI you can go to youtube and watch the first fight that was 4 months ago so just in case you want to bet it you can actually see what might happen in the rematch

SPX
03-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Just FYI you can go to youtube and watch the first fight that was 4 months ago so just in case you want to bet it you can actually see what might happen in the rematch

Okay, I'm going to try to remember to do that. Is there no indication that Guzman has improved since that time?

Luke
03-26-2010, 06:55 PM

Okay, I'm going to try to remember to do that. Is there no indication that Guzman has improved since that time?

Like as in what? The last fight was 4 months ago and neither have fought since that fight.

Luke
03-26-2010, 06:57 PM
All I know is Guzman weighed 175 before training camp started for a 135 pound fight which isnt good.Guzman is on the downside of his carrer Funeka is on the up.

Weighs ins will be soon or just happened I'll see what I can find

SPX
03-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Like as in what? The last fight was 4 months ago and neither have fought since that fight.

You see, I don't know these things. For all I knew, it was 4 years ago.

So I was asking if he was maybe one of those fighters who's just a different fighter now because of how much better he's gotten. Reference Melendez/Thomson 1 & 2.

Luke
03-26-2010, 07:02 PM

You see, I don't know these things. For all I knew, it was 4 years ago.

So I was asking if he was maybe one of those fighters who's just a different fighter now because of how much better he's gotten. Reference Melendez/Thomson 1 & 2.

You read my write up real good didnt you?

First sentence of my write up:"Funkea and Guzman fought just 4 months ago to the tune of a draw."

SPX
03-26-2010, 07:03 PM
You read my write up real good didnt you?

First sentence of my write up:"Funkea and Guzman fought just 4 months ago to the tune of a draw."

Dude, I read that shit like an hour ago!

Luke
03-26-2010, 07:08 PM
WTF Guzman and Funeka just weighed in .Guzman is 9 pounds overweight

How the hell do you weigh in at 144 for 135 pound fight?

They might cancel this fight now

SPX
03-26-2010, 07:10 PM
They don't have provisions like in MMA where the other guy can just accept the fight?

Does this affect your desire to bet on the fight considering your guy is undersized?

Luke
03-26-2010, 07:17 PM
They don't have provisions like in MMA where the other guy can just accept the fight?

Does this affect your desire to bet on the fight considering your guy is undersized?

Yeah the other fight can accept or decline the fight if the other fight is overweight.

I dont like the fact Guzman is overweight. It could mean one of two things.Hes either completely drained and will have nothing for the fight or he didnt even try to make weight because he wanted the extra pounds on him

Had I known this I would have probably not made the bet. I only made this bet at 3pm I should have wanted the few hours and waited for the weigh in.

Funeka will still be 5 inches taller and have a 5 inch reach adv. so it shouldnt matter I just dont like it

Luke
03-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Funny thing the line just moved from -220 to -240 .People must think Guzman is drained. I know the last time Guzman was overweight for a fight they called it off and Guzman had to go to the hostpital for dehydration.Maybe he completely drained again .Like I said I know he had to shed 40 pounds in training camp to get to 135 ,obv he only cut 31 of those.

SPX
03-26-2010, 07:26 PM
That's crazy. So he usually walks at 175? Most guys in the UFC who walk around at ~170 cut to 155 . . . for damn sure not 135.

Luke
03-26-2010, 07:35 PM
That's crazy. So he usually walks at 175? Most guys in the UFC who walk around at ~170 cut to 155 . . . for damn sure not 135.

IDK if he usually walks around at 175 but I know before this training camp he was 175 .My bets in already. I'm reading some boxing writers opinions right now and they seem to think its better for Funeka

Luke
03-26-2010, 08:32 PM
A deal was struck between camps allowing the fight to go on – providing that Guzman does not weigh more than 150 lbs tomorrow morning at 7 a.m

From all the boxing writers I've read they are saying Guzman didnt want to this fight anyway so he didnt train and they think he came in overweight on pupose to get the fight cancelled. If this is true he'll weigh in overweight tomorrow monring on purpose and the fight will be cancelled .

The more I read the more I think I'm fine and Funkea will still win if it goes on

SPX
03-26-2010, 08:33 PM
The more I read the more I think I'm fine and Funkea will still win if it goes on

Hopefully so. But if he didn't want to fight, why didn't he just pull out in the first place. Other fighters do it all the time?

Luke
03-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Why get on the scale when you know you're not even close? Being overweight and get a fight cancelled is a lot better than saying" i'm a puss and dont want to fight"

I'm not worried anymore . The line is going up and every boxing writer is saying they think Guzman will win even easier now. I'd never had to deal with an overweight fighter before so I freaked . I figured overweight would mean he was stronger and didnt hve to cut as much. Everyones saying he didnt train and was overweight through all of camp. I mean what did we expect he had 5 weeks to lose 40 pounds?I just didnt understand what to think of the fighter being overweight

Either Guzman will be overweight again at 7am or get dominated in the fight .This will still cash imo

Ludo
03-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Anyone know when the fight is or if it's already happened? I can't seem to find a time for it.

Luke
03-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Anyone know when the fight is or if it's already happened? I can't seem to find a time for it.

The card starts at 10:30 on HBO not sure how many fights they is but Guzman-Funkea isnt the main event ::handshake::

Ludo
03-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Awesome, thanks

Luke
03-27-2010, 11:35 PM
LOSS -220 :burn:

didnt watch the fight so dont know what happened just watched the round by round while watching UFC

114-113, 113-114, 116-111 -- Guzman by split decision.

YoungTRK484
03-28-2010, 08:27 AM
DVR'ed the fight and was on Funeka too. Strange fight with some close rounds but probably the right decision. Funeka got dropped in the 6th round.

Also lost on Abraham who got got DQ'ed for cracking Dirrell while he was on the mat. THAT was a bizarre fight. Dirrell thought he got knocked out, had no idea where he was, may have been acting base don the replay, Abraham almost incited a riot,e tc. et.c

Not a good night for me.

Luke
03-28-2010, 02:53 PM
I watched the Dirrell-Abarham fight while watching UFC last night. Yes that was a crazy fight .I never expect Dirrell to dominate Abarham and never expected Dirrell to knockdown Abarham in a million years .That ending was crazy ,it reminded me of Jones-Griffin I. It didnt matter though had Dirrell made it to the final bell he wins anyway.

As for Funeka,realy disappointed in that idiot.Everytime hes on the big stage he does just enough not to win. Kind of disappointing he only needed to win the 12th to win the fight.Guzman doesnt deserve the fight for cheating and coming in 9 pounds overweight.Its obv now he did it on purpose .The fight should have been cancelled.I'll have to watch it today to see how i scored it

Oh well on to the next fight.