PDA

View Full Version : WEC 48

Pages : [1] 2

Luke
04-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Since all the fights are confirmed I thought I'd get this up.

MAIN CARD
•Champ Jose Aldo vs. Urijah Faber (for featherweight title)
•Champ Benson Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone (for lightweight title)
•Mike Brown vs. Manny Gamburyan
•Anthony Njokuani vs. Shane Roller
•Antonio Banuelos vs. Scott Jorgensen

PRELIMINARY CARD (un-aired)
•Leonard Garcia vs. Chan Sung Jung
•Alex Karalexis vs. Anthony Pettis
•Demetrious Johnson vs. Brad Pickett
•Anthony Morrison vs. Mackens Semerzier
•Takeya Mizugaki vs. Rani Yahya
•Tyler Toner vs. Brandon Visher

Anyone got any thoughts on these fights?I think we will get a decent line on Aldo since Faber is such a fan favorite

poopoo333
04-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Henderson/Cerrone is going to be too much of a gamble for me. I think Jorgensen will beat Banuelos this time around. I hope the line is good on this one.

zY|
04-01-2010, 10:06 PM
That main card is so badass.

Luke
04-01-2010, 10:17 PM
That main card is so badass.

You paying 49.99 for it?

zY|
04-01-2010, 10:26 PM
I'm saying it's better than any UFC card this year so far.

Ipickdeeznuts2win
04-01-2010, 10:32 PM
[quote} You paying 49.99 for it?[/quote]

No way.........I'm going to it!!

I think Aldo will take it but I don't think I will be betting because I am 100% rooting for Faber so it would be a lose/lose for me.

I will take Brown at any odds better than -400

I may lay down a unit or two on Cowboy. I think he takes the rematch and gets off to a quicker start this time around.

Luke
04-01-2010, 10:32 PM

Didnt say it wasnt was just asking.

With the UFC PPV numbers struggling I'm wondering who is going to buy this?

zY|
04-01-2010, 10:43 PM

Didnt say it wasnt was just asking.

With the UFC PPV numbers struggling I'm wondering who is going to buy this?

Well, me buying it isn't a very good barometer, if you know what I'm sayin

::lmao::

Luke
04-01-2010, 11:11 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^LOL I know

Ludo
04-02-2010, 12:10 AM
I think Cerrone takes the belt this time. That fight was close last time around.

Mr. IWS
04-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Aldo via Murder

SPX
04-02-2010, 12:43 PM
I like Mizugaki over Yaya and will bet him if he's only a moderate favorite.

Semerzier over Cheesesteak, probably.

Maybe Njokuani over Roller.

Brown over Gamburyan, although if Gamburyan was a heavy dog I'd probably do a small play on him. I think he's strong enough and has good enough grappling that Brown won't be able to bully him like he's used to doing.

Cerrone over Henderson. Cerrone won't get caught in any subs like Varner did, and Varner was winning that fight before the sub.

I'll be taking Faber over Aldo. I hope his line is good. Will probably only drop .5u, though.

Ludo
04-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Faber won't be the dog. I'm sure of that. Faber wasn't even a dog when he fought Brown in the rematch for gods sakes. I'm on the fence here but if Faber is below -170 I'll be on him I think.

zY|
04-02-2010, 03:20 PM
^^Really? I would be EXTREMELY surprised if Faber opened as the favorite.

Remember a lot of the line is based on public perception. Public perception is that Aldo is going to run Faber over.'

He will, btw.

Thewiseman
04-02-2010, 03:24 PM
How do you guys see Faber winning? I think Aldo takes this.

Mr. IWS
04-02-2010, 03:25 PM
I would be shocked if Faber is the fav, even more so, if he comes in around -170.

Luke
04-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Faber won't be the dog. I'm sure of that. Faber wasn't even a dog when he fought Brown in the rematch for gods sakes. I'm on the fence here but if Faber is below -170 I'll be on him I think.

Faber -170 or more?? I hope you're right because I'll make a huuuuugggggeeee bet on Aldo .I'm with ZY though I cant even see Faber being the favorite .I was thinking Aldo -130 .

You got to think of it in terms of the public monkey math Mike Brown beat Faber twice ,Aldo destroyed Mike Brown.So Aldo will destroy Faber. Now I am not one to follow monkey math but this time I think its right

Luke
04-02-2010, 03:27 PM
How do you guys see Faber winning? I think Aldo takes this.

I dont see Faber winning .Only SPX and his man crush see Faber winning

zY|
04-02-2010, 03:29 PM
I see Faber making a better fight of it than Brown. He probably won't get positionally dominated on the ground like Brown was. Faber is really strong in the scramble.

Eventually, however, he's going to throw some wild shit in the standup and get sniped out of the air onto his face.

Ipickdeeznuts2win
04-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Faber will put up a good entertaining fight and while I hope he wins, Aldo is another breed.

I decided to bet conservatively on Aldo since seeing the predicted opening lines. Probably 3U

I hope Brown comes in better than -300 but I doubt it

SPX
04-02-2010, 04:44 PM
I dont see Faber winning .Only SPX and his man crush see Faber winning

I never said Faber would win. I just think he has a better chance than you are giving him.

As for him being the fave or the dog, I expect him to be the dog, but maybe not.

Ludo
04-02-2010, 05:56 PM
He wasn't even the dog after Brown pretty much controlled where the fight went the first time around. How is he going to be the dog when he faces a guy who just won the belt?

Luke
04-02-2010, 06:05 PM
He wasn't even the dog after Brown pretty much controlled where the fight went the first time around. How is he going to be the dog when he faces a guy who just won the belt?

He wasnt a dog in the second fight because people thought the first fight was fluke and he would regain the title.

I hope you are right and they are dumb enough to make Aldo the dog but I doubt it

zY|
04-02-2010, 09:22 PM

He wasnt a dog in the second fight because people thought the first fight was fluke and he would regain the title.

I hope you are right and they are dumb enough to make Aldo the dog but I doubt it

LOL me too.

Getting Aldo as a dog in this fight would be incredible.

Luke
04-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Lines up

http://www.bestfightodds.com/events/257.png

zY|
04-15-2010, 04:08 PM
-210 Christ. Not sure if I want to spend that much.

Luke
04-15-2010, 04:11 PM
-210 Christ. Not sure if I want to spend that much.

I thought it'd be around -150 but not this high.

LudoCain wrote:

How about this guy ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Luke
04-15-2010, 04:13 PM
How the hell is bodog the first to release these?

Should we expect Aldo to be lower when other books release the line since bodog always has the highest lines on favorites?

Ludo
04-15-2010, 04:19 PM
I'm surprised. I honestly didn't think Faber would be the dog, and I damn sure didn't expect him to be this much of one. How quickly people forget the fact that he dominated the division for three years. I get that Aldo has crushed everything in his path in the last two years but damn these are pretty lopsided odds, especially with how the Lesnar/Carwin fight odds turned out. It's almost like they're acting as though Faber has no chance, when in fact he has a much better chance than Brown did at taking Aldo.

I'll be on Faber though. Probably for 2-4u

Luke
04-15-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm surprised. I honestly didn't think Faber would be the dog, and I damn sure didn't expect him to be this much of one. How quickly people forget the fact that he dominated the division for three years. I get that Aldo has crushed everything in his path in the last two years but damn these are pretty lopsided odds, especially with how the Lesnar/Carwin fight odds turned out. It's almost like they're acting as though Faber has no chance, when in fact he has a much better chance than Brown did at taking Aldo.

I'll be on Faber though. Probably for 2-4u

I was just giving you crap.I've predicted many,many,many lines wrong. ::handshake:: Lesnar-Carwin was the most recent

Ludo
04-15-2010, 04:30 PM
It's cool, could be big time money in this one.

SPX
04-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Wow, lines are up indeed!

I went ahead and dropped .5u on Faber at +205 and 1.01u on Cerrone at -105.

What's everyone thinking on the Cerrone fight? I think he takes it as long as he doesn't let Bendo outwrestle him again.

zY|
04-15-2010, 08:41 PM
What's everyone thinking on the Cerrone fight? I think he takes it as long as he doesn't let Bendo outwrestle him again.

LOL well yeah. That's a pretty big if though right? I'm leaning towards Cerrone as well though.

I'm on Aldo.

SPX
04-15-2010, 08:45 PM
LOL well yeah. That's a pretty big if though right? I'm leaning towards Cerrone as well though.

I'm on Aldo.

Well the thing is that Bendo was only able to do that in the first couple of rounds, then Cerrone started to take control of the fight. Will we see a replay of that? Maybe. I think one thing is probably for sure though is that Cerrone's not going to get let Bendo sub him like Varner did.

Luke
04-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Wow, lines are up indeed!

I went ahead and dropped .5u on Faber at +205 and 1.01u on Cerrone at -105.

Do you actually think Faber is going to win or is this a man crush bet?

SPX
04-15-2010, 08:52 PM

I'd say a combo man-crush bet and value bet. Yes, I'm a fan, but I also think that Aldo's price is way high considering all the variables, so it's a Faber or nothing situation. At +205, I don't mind risking half a unit.

I think Faber has tools to win and matches up better than Brown did stylistically.

Luke
04-15-2010, 08:56 PM
I agree the line is too high but I think Aldo wins.I was really hoping for -150,its approaching -260 now and at that high I wont be betting it I dont think

zY|
04-15-2010, 08:58 PM

I'm on Aldo.

Well the thing is that Bendo was only able to do that in the first couple of rounds, then Cerrone started to take control of the fight. Will we see a replay of that? Maybe. I think one thing is probably for sure though is that Cerrone's not going to get let Bendo sub him like Varner did.

My problem is Cerrone fights with no sense of urgency. He goes and dicks around out there forever. Like in his fight with 9mm he damn near lost the fight because he had 2 poins deducted and was just out there fucking off. I'm not convinced that when he turns it on he won't already be 2 rounds down.

That said, he's got the tools to win, and he arguably DID win the first fight imo. I may take him for a little.

zY|
04-15-2010, 08:59 PM

I'd say a combo man-crush bet and value bet. Yes, I'm a fan, but I also think that Aldo's price is way high considering all the variables, so it's a Faber or nothing situation. At +205, I don't mind risking half a unit.

I think Faber has tools to win and matches up better than Brown did stylistically.

How can you see him winning?

SPX
04-15-2010, 09:08 PM
How can you see him winning?

Either somehow stay a step ahead of Aldo and win a decision or possibly sub him. I know Aldo supposedly has this awesome ground game, but who expected Faber to sub Assuncao? I'm not at all sure about any of this . . . I'm just guessing.

By the way, for what it's worth, Pulver gave me the impression today that he thinks Aldo will win. I asked him if that was his prediction and he said "I ain't predicting shit" but that Faber usually wins by playing the speed game and that's not going to work against Aldo.

Luke
04-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Mike Browns odds up -345

poopoo333
04-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Once the lines come up on 5dimes, I will be taking Faber for 0.5 unit. Cerrone/Henderson is WAY too much of a toss up. I don't think Henderson is good as everybody thinks he is though.

Luke
04-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Aldo up to -300 on bookmaker .This is just stupid now.No way I'm betting this

Thewiseman
04-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Mike Brown is -700. I missed it. May have jumped the gun on Aldo. Bet 9.6u to win 3u.

Ludo
04-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Cerrone definitely has a chance this time around. He has to try and stay off his back a little more and he can win this fight.

SPX
04-15-2010, 10:30 PM
Wow, Brown's odds go through the roof!

Just took Gamburyan for .25u @ +500.

Brown is great, but he should not be -700 in this fight.

zY|
04-15-2010, 10:32 PM

I have no idea how Manny can win though. He does the same things Brown does but not as good.

SPX
04-15-2010, 10:34 PM
I have no idea how Manny can win though. He does the same things Brown does but not as good.

I think Brown's stand up is obviously much better, but in terms of grappling it's pretty even. Manny is a fucking judo bad ass and he's also really solid and strong physically.

Obviously I like Brown in this fight, but not to the tune of -700.

Luke
04-15-2010, 10:38 PM

sorry you missed -345 you only had 20 minutes from the time I posted it until they skyrocketed

SPX
04-15-2010, 10:43 PM
sorry you missed -345 you only had 20 minutes from the time I posted it until they skyrocketed

It's all good. I probably would not have taken him at -345 either. I think I'd want -300 or better in this one.

Thewiseman
04-15-2010, 11:17 PM
i would have took Brown at -350.

Thewiseman
04-15-2010, 11:30 PM
I just reluctantly took Manny G. for .1u to win .5u. There is value there, but he is losing.

SPX
04-15-2010, 11:41 PM
I just reluctantly took Manny G. for .1u to win .5u. There is value there, but he is losing.

Well if it's just .1u, I wouldn't worry too much about it after all the crazy shit I've seen you do in the past.

Thewiseman
04-15-2010, 11:44 PM

Well if it's just .1u, I wouldn't worry too much about it after all the crazy shit I've seen you do in the past.
Ha Ha, what crazy shit? Give me an example. i know i do, just want to hear what you think is crazy. Besides parlays.

SPX
04-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Ha Ha, what crazy shit? Give me an example. i know i do, just want to hear what you think is crazy. Besides parlays.

Ha ha. . .

Well the parlays are a huge part of it, especially when you have like 5 parlays with 15 guys in them all and you're risking .02u to win 20u.

Also there's that time you bet like a thousand units on Couture to win five or some shit like that. I mean, obviously you were on the right side of the bet even at that line, but anything can happen.

What percentage of your total bankroll is one unit for you? Also, I have to wonder if you're playing with $1 units. Because usually when I see guys making plays with a ton of units then either their bankroll is something like 500 units large or they're playing with units that translate into very small actual dollar amounts.

Thewiseman
04-15-2010, 11:51 PM
I use $50 units and I have a bankroll of about $4000, just a little over. Yeah, if im confident I will bet big. Like on Pat Barry vs Cro Cop comin up.

Luke
04-15-2010, 11:54 PM

Crazy=
thewiseman-Nog in rd 3, Bader in rd 1, silva in rd 1, Sotiropoulos by dec, cro cop .03u to win 82.86u Same as above except no prop on nog. +Tehuna, Dollaway, Foster, and Bonnar .03u to win 399.46u

::handshake::

just my opinion ::handshake::

Thewiseman
04-15-2010, 11:57 PM
Com'on, that shits just for fun!! I have hit those before, and you feel like a beast when you do, and really dont notice when you lose. I know they are -EV, but screw it.

SPX
04-16-2010, 12:00 AM
LOL, Luke.

Somehow that one by passed by notice. I had no idea such insanity was occurring around here!

Luke
04-16-2010, 12:03 AM
LOL, Luke.

Somehow that one by passed by notice. I had no idea such insanity was occurring around here!

::lmao:: I first saw that 100 man parlay .03 unit to win 100,000 and was like :WHAT ::shocked::

I had to copy and paste it for future conversations

Thewiseman
04-16-2010, 12:04 AM
Watch, I will hit one of those crazy suckers in the next few months, and make many units.

Luke
04-16-2010, 12:05 AM
Com'on, that shits just for fun!! I have hit those before, and you feel like a beast when you do, and really dont notice when you lose. I know they are -EV, but screw it.

You asked what you considered crazy

Mr. IWS
04-16-2010, 08:37 AM
Watch, I will hit one of those crazy suckers in the next few months, and make many units.

I love those "wiseman specials!"

poopoo333
04-16-2010, 09:39 AM
Going to wait until Faber is +275. He is being undervalued imo.

Ludo
04-16-2010, 02:26 PM
2u to win 4.4u on Faber
2u to win 1.7u on Cerrone

Thats it so far, when the other lines out I might bet a few

SPX
04-16-2010, 02:33 PM
2u to win 4.4u on Faber
2u to win 1.7u on Cerrone

I hope you win them both.

Why so confident on Faber, though?

milfhunter
04-16-2010, 03:11 PM
Donald Cerrone -105.. I thought he won the 1st fight so i believe theres nice value here as he was over 30O favorite the last timw out. Henderson is very tough but i dont think i the 1st fight he ever had cerrone in danger. Cerrone has the better standup and is very good off is back. Hopefully he will be able to stuff a takedown or 2 but im assuming at some point or 2 he will be on his back looking for submissons.. Good luck to those on the "cowboy"

Ludo
04-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Because if anyone in the division is savvy enough to beat Aldo, it's Faber. He's very hard to knock out(had he not been going for a flying spinning back elbow when he got caught by that right hook in the first brown fight I don't think it would have knocked him down). His footwork is excellent, his striking is fast enough and unorthodox enough to win this fight. I think Faber feels like circumstance has kept him from getting his belt back and I think he's hungrier than ever this time around.

Cerrone lost a razor thin decision. I think he realizes where he went wrong since then and has worked on his takedown defenses. If he can stuff more takedowns than he did last time and control this thing like he did last time around in the 4th and 5th rounds, he'll have no problem winning this fight. He had no problem locking up submissions from the bottom the last time around. It was something like 2 chokes and a couple armbars he locked up pretty good. It's just that Henderson seems to be un-submittable so far.

SPX
04-16-2010, 03:19 PM
Because if anyone in the division is savvy enough to beat Aldo, it's Faber. He's very hard to knock out(had he not been going for a flying spinning back elbow when he got caught by that right hook in the first brown fight I don't think it would have knocked him down). His footwork is excellent, his striking is fast enough and unorthodox enough to win this fight. I think Faber feels like circumstance has kept him from getting his belt back and I think he's hungrier than ever this time around.

I hope you're right, but it sounds more like you should be doing a .5u to 1u play as opposed to a 2u play.

Ludo
04-16-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm on tilt.

Luke
04-16-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm on tilt.

Is there anyone thats not on tilt around here?

Ludo
04-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Nobody who bet on BJ Penn.

SPX
04-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Is there anyone thats not on tilt around here?

Not me, but we'll see after this weekend.

I am literally $7 away from emerging into a level of profitability since I started betting.

Luke
04-16-2010, 03:57 PM
I could go into shell shock also if Hendo loses .I'm up 6.6 units for the year and have 6 on Hendo

SPX
04-16-2010, 03:59 PM
EDIT: "New" level of profitability that is.

SPX
04-16-2010, 04:00 PM
I could go into shell shock also if Hendo loses .I'm up 6.6 units for the year and have 6 on Hendo

I have about 1.8u in my 5dimes account that I'm considering dropping on him just to try to jack up the funds on that account.

Did I tell you they won't take my credit card anymore?

Total bullshit.

Mr. IWS
04-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Nobody who bet on BJ Penn.

hahaha

Luke
04-16-2010, 04:19 PM

I have about 1.8u in my 5dimes account that I'm considering dropping on him just to try to jack up the funds on that account.

Total bullshit.

I funded my 5dimes with western union and some doing an interbook transfer from matchbook.I hate sending money western union to Pablo Escabar in guantanamo bay.The cashier always looks at me like I'm a terrorist

poopoo333
04-16-2010, 09:43 PM

Total bullshit.

I funded my 5dimes with western union and some doing an interbook transfer from matchbook.I hate sending money western union to Pablo Escabar in guantanamo bay.The cashier always looks at me like I'm a terrorist

Haha, the guy behind me at Publix was staring me down when I was sending money to Peru.

poopoo333
04-18-2010, 12:29 AM
Strikeforce is over. WEC next week.

I am going to look closely at Aldo/Faber. I think Faber has value. Aldo may be a little overrated imo.

zY|
04-18-2010, 12:48 AM
Strikeforce is over. WEC next week.

I am going to look closely at Aldo/Faber. I think Faber has value. Aldo may be a little overrated imo.

I think Aldo is underrated, if anything.

Luke
04-18-2010, 01:02 AM
I think I lost 3 months of profits today on one bet......sigh

Luke
04-18-2010, 01:08 AM
Aldo line is too high for me to bet after just getting bit by Hendo.Im going to try and break down Cerrone-Henderson and choose a side if I bet this event

SPX
04-18-2010, 01:18 AM

Sucks, dude.

I was actually very close to being up more than I've ever been up since I started betting about a year ago. It seems sometimes like as soon as I get close to a breakthrough I just get knocked back down. So I feel you.

I lost ~3.25u tonight. Makes me wanna die.

Luke
04-18-2010, 01:24 AM

Sucks, dude.

I was actually very close to being up more than I've ever been up since I started betting about a year ago. It seems sometimes like as soon as I get close to a breakthrough I just get knocked back down. So I feel you.

I lost ~3.25u tonight. Makes me wanna die.

Nah doesnt want to make me wanna die ,just not to be greedy next time or bet an old man

You cant let it get to you SPX.If you cant take the loses this isnt for you

SPX
04-18-2010, 01:27 AM
Nah doesnt want to make me wanna die ,just not to be greedy next time or bet an old man

I really don't like losing. I hate it, actually. Sometimes it can just RUIN my night. I think a lot of it has to do with wanting to make this a significant part of my income and knowing that it's not going to happen if I take significant losses on any sort regular basis, so it's kind of like a threat to a dream . . . a threat to my grand design, which I hope to be able to implement as a cornerstone of my financial life.

Luke
04-18-2010, 01:37 AM

I really don't like losing. I hate it, actually. Sometimes it can just RUIN my night. I think a lot of it has to do with wanting to make this a significant part of my income and knowing that it's not going to happen if I take significant losses on any sort regular basis, so it's kind of like a threat to a dream . . . a threat to my grand design, which I hope to be able to implement as a cornerstone of my financial life.

I hate losing more than anything thats why I dont bet a lot of fights and pick and choose

poopoo333
04-18-2010, 11:32 AM
2u on Faber @+260.

Henderson/Cerrone is too close, I think I will just sit back and enjoy.

zY|
04-18-2010, 12:24 PM
After last night's rasslefest I'm a little anxious about my bet on Cerrone.

SPX
04-18-2010, 12:32 PM

It's a close fight. I don't think a bet on either guy is safe.

poopoo333
04-18-2010, 12:49 PM

This. This is as much as of an unsafe bet as Machida/Shogun in my opinion....That being said I will be on Shogun.

zY|
04-18-2010, 12:51 PM

It was pretty calculated though.

triathlete
04-18-2010, 02:35 PM
At the Palazzo. Here are some perspectives on Vegas odds:

Faber +150
Aldo -180

Cerrone +110
Henderson -140

Manny G +280
Brown -360

MMA_scientist
04-20-2010, 11:34 AM
for SPX, from your pal: http://www.mmamafia.net/mma-news/featured-mma/4873-wec-aldo-vs-faber-breakdown.html

zY|
04-20-2010, 11:55 AM
for SPX, from your pal: http://www.mmamafia.net/mma-news/featured-mma/4873-wec-aldo-vs-faber-breakdown.html

I think he's way off on Aldo/Faber. He picks Faber outright to win and has him as a favorite based on the assumption(incorrect imo) that Faber is faster.

Aldo is going to win because he's better at MMA.

Ludo
04-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Honestly I don't know who to give the speed advantage to. All I know is right now Faber is the only guy who has anything for Aldo. We'll have to see how it goes.

SPX
04-20-2010, 02:33 PM

Nice. Go Faber!

Also, I didn't realize Garcia was fighting someone nicknamed "The Korean Zombie." With a name like that, it might require some sort of bet.

Luke
04-20-2010, 09:17 PM
all lines up now

http://www.bestfightodds.com/events/257.png

SPX
04-20-2010, 09:33 PM
Just dropped .5u on Njokuani at +146.

Considering taking Mizugaki, but I would've liked to have gotten him at -115.

Luke
04-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Just dropped .5u on Njokuani at +146.

Considering taking Mizugaki, but I would've liked to have gotten him at -115.

I would have liked to get your mom at -115 but I had to pay -150 because she was overbooked

SPX
04-20-2010, 09:54 PM
I would have liked to get your mom at -115 but I had to pay -150 because she was overbooked

I can get your mom at +300.

They had to give her a good price because no one wants her.

Luke
04-20-2010, 09:55 PM

I can get your mom at +300.

They had to give her a good price because no one wants her.

triathlete
04-20-2010, 10:10 PM
God damn you guys are brutal.

poopoo333
04-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Sometimes I wish I had Bookmaker. If Jorgenson is -220 or better on 5dimes I will be taking him.

SPX
04-20-2010, 10:12 PM

It's homey talk.

SPX
04-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Sometimes I wish I had Bookmaker. If Jorgenson is -220 or better on 5dimes I will be taking him.

In my opinion, Bookmaker is pretty much a must-have. They are almost always the first to post lines. That's too valuable.

poopoo333
04-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Are you guys going to be buying this pay per view? Or is there always a good stream available for MMA pay per views? I usually go to Buffalo Wild Wings, but I am pretty sure they are not showing WEC.

Ludo
04-20-2010, 10:44 PM
http://snapples.forumotion.com usually has a good stream up for all the UFC events.

triathlete
04-20-2010, 11:13 PM

It's homey talk.

I know... it's fucking hilarious. I had a buddy back in the day where I told him I fucked his mom every time I slept over. Totally joking, but he didn't find it funny.

I kept saying it until he finally blew up at me... after that... he found it funny. Weird.

Luke
04-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Are you guys going to be buying this pay per view? Or is there always a good stream available for MMA pay per views? I usually go to Buffalo Wild Wings, but I am pretty sure they are not showing WEC.

Are we going to buy it ?

::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao::

Ludo
04-20-2010, 11:30 PM

Are we going to buy it ?

::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao::

Soooo.... Is that a no?

Luke
04-20-2010, 11:42 PM
Soooo.... Is that a no?

your moms a no, a hell no!!

Luke
04-20-2010, 11:44 PM

In my opinion, Bookmaker is pretty much a must-have. They are almost always the first to post lines. That's too valuable.

I agree .I wish bookmaker had higher than 250 limits on opening lines though

SPX
04-20-2010, 11:52 PM
I agree .I wish bookmaker had higher than 250 limits on opening lines though

Yeah, I don't run into much of a problem with a $20 unit, but I've often thought that once I'm playing with a bigger bankroll then that could be a drag.

zY|
04-21-2010, 12:07 AM
Theres a reason they do that you know.

Luke
04-21-2010, 12:22 AM

Well yeah , I was the one that explained it to you.

You could always have mutliple account in other peoples names

zY|
04-21-2010, 12:54 AM

I don't know about all that.

SPX
04-21-2010, 01:00 AM
I don't know about all that.

I remember it. . .

Luke
04-21-2010, 01:06 AM
[quote="zY|":2p5mm6x8]Theres a reason they do that you know.

I don't know about all that.[/quote:2p5mm6x8]

http://www.investwithsports.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=6959&hilit=arlovski&start=15

I am very wise ::handshake::

zY|
04-21-2010, 01:16 AM
http://www.investwithsports.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=6959&hilit=arlovski&start=15

Clearly I already knew that, hence the

"Which is why it would be interesting to see how the other books open if people could lay off destroying the bookmaker openers."

which is the same point I was about to make again.

Luke
04-21-2010, 01:21 AM

Clearly I already knew that, hence the

"Which is why it would be interesting to see how the other books open if people could lay off destroying the bookmaker openers."

which is the same point I was about to make again.

Just say it .I thought you everything

Luke
04-21-2010, 01:23 AM
Does anyone know where I can rewatch the Henderson-Cerrone fight? I cant seem to find it anywhere

Ludo
04-21-2010, 01:44 AM
http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Donald_ ... 97&tid=100 (http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Donald_Cerrone_vs_Benson_Henderson_WEC_43?vid=100 07097&tid=100)

Who's your daddy?

zY|
04-21-2010, 01:47 AM
Does anyone know where I can rewatch the Henderson-Cerrone fight? I cant seem to find it anywhere

I've got it in HD on my hard drive. No big deal.

Luke
04-21-2010, 01:48 AM
Just say it .I thought you everything

taught not thought ::lmao:: I must be tired

Luke
04-21-2010, 01:50 AM
http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Donald_Cerrone_vs_Benson_Henderson_WEC_43?vid=100 07097&tid=100

Who's your daddy?

I looked there but only found one dead link.Guess I didnt look hard enough

poopoo333
04-21-2010, 10:02 AM
2.5u on Jorgenson @-240
0.5u on Njokuani @+120
2u on Faber @+260

This is going to be a hit or miss night.

MMA_scientist
04-21-2010, 10:20 AM
^^ Swinging fo the fences on Faber. I will probably drop .5 on Faber...
I am still searching for a bet though. I have ruled out Visher and Garcia (which I originally thought were bettable).

How is Mizugaki's takedown defense?

poopoo333
04-21-2010, 10:31 AM
^^ Swinging fo the fences on Faber. I will probably drop .5 on Faber...
I am still searching for a bet though. I have ruled out Visher and Garcia (which I originally thought were bettable).

How is Mizugaki's takedown defense?

If I recall correctly, Jorgensen basically won via wrestling. I bet on Jorgensen as a dog in that fight.

Here are Mizugaki's WEC fight play by plays:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/WEC-45 ... Play-21637 (http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/WEC-45-Results-and-Live-Play-by-Play-21637)

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/WEC-42 ... Play-19010 (http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/WEC-42-Play-by-Play-19010)

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/WEC-40 ... Play-16863 (http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/WEC-40-Live-Play-by-Play-16863)

MMA_scientist
04-21-2010, 11:19 AM
^^ I guess I am going to have to rule out that fight as well.

I got nothing on this card. I am probably going to abstain, with the exception of a tiny value bet on Faber.

Ludo
04-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Yeah I think I'll just stick with what I have so far, maybe a bet on Jorgensen if anything else.

Luke
04-21-2010, 08:09 PM
I think Henderson takes Cerrone again.In the first fight I dont think Cerrone won like some people .I clearly give him rounds 2&3 and also gave him round one which was closer.IMO the reason Cerrone won rounds 4 & 5 was not because he started figuring Henderson out it was because Henderson was tired.He spent a ton of energy in rounds
1-3 and didnt have enough gas in 4 and 5 for takedowns

Cerrone will never beat a wrestler imo because he has zero foot work.He walks flat footed and walks people down ,thats a big no no when fighting a wrestler because someone with no foot work makes it easy for a wrestler to successfully get takedowns because theres less guess work.All they have to do is shoot.

Cerrone couldnt submit Varner,couldnt submit Henderson and has no takedown defense.I'll be betting Henderson Saturday

poopoo333
04-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Good luck Luke.

There are three +400 or better dogs on this card. Based on past WEC events, some big underdogs will probably win on Saturday. Putting a half unit on each will net a profit as long as one wins. hmmm. also, I am pretty sure Pettis took this fight on short notice.

zY|
04-21-2010, 09:00 PM
I think Henderson takes Cerrone again.In the first fight I dont think Cerrone won like some people .I clearly give him rounds 2&3 and also gave him round one which was closer.IMO the reason Cerrone won rounds 4 & 5 was not because he started figuring Henderson out it was because Henderson was tired.He spent a ton of energy in rounds
1-3 and didnt have enough gas in 4 and 5 for takedowns

Cerrone will never beat a wrestler imo because he has zero foot work.He walks flat footed and walks people down ,thats a big no no when fighting a wrestler because someone with no foot work makes it easy for a wrestler to successfully get takedowns because theres less guess work.All they have to do is shoot.

Cerrone couldnt submit Varner,couldnt submit Henderson and has no takedown defense.I'll be betting Henderson Saturday

I could understand a Henderson bet, but Cerrone clearly won the first fight.

Even if you scored round 1 for Henderson (which btw not only makes you wrong but a bad person), the 5th round has to be a 10-8 by anyone's standards. It was total rape and domination. Draw at best for Henderson.

SPX
04-21-2010, 09:25 PM
(which btw not only makes you wrong but a bad person)

Ha ha ha. . . That's funny.

Me, personally, I thought it was one of those fights that just could've gone either way. It was another Shogun/Machida or Penn/Edgar. A lot of people are going to say that one guy or the other "definitely" won, but really a lot of it comes down to how you score it and what you think is important. People score fights different ways because they give weight to different criteria.

poopoo333
04-21-2010, 09:35 PM
I didn't even think the decision was controversial at all. 1-3 was Henderson, 4-5 was Cerrone.

Ludo
04-21-2010, 09:53 PM
I gave rounds 3-4 to Cerrone clear as day, and rounds 1-2 to Henderson, round five I gave to Cerrone because he was the one who was still working, he locked in TWO subs in that round if I remember rightly, and he was winning the standup as well.

Side note, I changed my mind after I saw the lines out and put out a couple bets more.

1.6u to win 1u on Mizugaki
1.3u to win 1u on Garcia(American MMA> Japanese(korean in this case) MMA)

Luke
04-21-2010, 09:56 PM
I didn't even think the decision was controversial at all. 1-3 was Henderson, 4-5 was Cerrone.

Exactly ::handshake::

At least one person can score a round

zY|
04-21-2010, 09:56 PM

Back to boxing me thinks.

Luke
04-21-2010, 10:00 PM
(which btw not only makes you wrong but a bad person)

Ha ha ha. . . That's funny.

Me, personally, I thought it was one of those fights that just could've gone either way. It was another Shogun/Machida or Penn/Edgar. A lot of people are going to say that one guy or the other "definitely" won, but really a lot of it comes down to how you score it and what you think is important. People score fights different ways because they give weight to different criteria.

Thats the thing you cant do that .You have to go by the rule book not by what you think is important

Luke
04-21-2010, 10:01 PM

Back to boxing me thinks.

I bet you dont even know how to score a round .I'd bet money on it.

Luke
04-21-2010, 10:06 PM
I gave rounds 3-4 to Cerrone clear as day, and rounds 1-2 to Henderson, round five I gave to Cerrone because he was the one who was still working, he locked in TWO subs in that round if I remember rightly, and he was winning the standup as well.

Side note, I changed my mind after I saw the lines out and put out a couple bets more.

1.6u to win 1u on Mizugaki
1.3u to win 1u on Garcia(American MMA> Japanese(korean in this case) MMA)

Round 3 to Cerrone clear as day ?

Wow just wow ::lmao::

poopoo333
04-21-2010, 10:06 PM
I bet you dont even know how to score a round .I'd bet money on it.

LOL

Luke
04-21-2010, 10:09 PM
You and anyone else who scored round 1 for Cerrone have no idea how to score a fight.I actually know the rules on how a fight is suppose to be scored so ....You dont score a fight by "who you feel" on what "you feel is important" you score it by the rules.Scoring MMA is done by 4 categories:

effective striking,

effective grappling

control of the fighting area

effective aggressiveness and defense

The rounds are to be scored on those four categories in that order

In round 1 Henderson landed about 30 strikes to Cerrone's 5 so the most important categorey with the most weight goes to Henderson.The grappling I'll give to Cerrone for the attempted submissions .The octagon control and aggressiveness and defense both go to Henderson

So if A fighter wins the most important categorey in scoring and two of the other three how does he lose the round??

Its funny because everytime someone disagrees how I score a round its exactly how the judges score it.Maybe you guys just dont know how to score a round and should learn the rules.

Just because you think Cerrone should win the round because of the submission attempts doesnt mean thats how its scored.Strikes are scored first not grappling.

Just like Saturday I gave round 2 in the Mousasi-King Mo fight to Mousasi .Ludocain said I was nuts because strikes from the bottom dont mean anything.Ah yes they do .There are still the first thing judges are looking for.Sorry Ludo but grappling is still second in scoring.Just because King Mo was on top the whole round doesnt mean he won it not when Mousasi landed 35-5 strikes.Its amazing that all three judges also gave Mousasi round 2

Learn the rules guys ::handshake::

poopoo333
04-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Luke, what did you think about the Shogun/Machida judging?

zY|
04-21-2010, 10:12 PM
I'm not gonna waste my time responding to all that since Luke is just trolling anyways. Good thing you and Doug Crosby score rounds the same though. I'm glad you're excited about that.

Luke
04-21-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm not gonna waste my time responding to all that since Luke is just trolling anyways. Good thing you and Doug Crosby score rounds the same though. I'm glad you're excited about that.

LOL I'm trolling because I know how to score a round and the rest of you are scoring rounds on what "you" think is important and not what the rule book says

good one ::lmao::

I completely explained it to you and now you dont want to respond because you know you're wrong and score rounds wrong

SPX
04-21-2010, 10:22 PM
^^^^^ I think your oversimplifying the situation in a big way. It's clear that even the judges don't really agree on exactly how they should score a fight. Yes, they have the listed criteria, but how do you think one judge gives a fight 30-27 to one guy while another gives it 30-27 to the other guy (and how many times have we seen this)?

Also, "effective striking" etc is subjective. For instance, I remember Cecil Peoples saying that he credited Machida with "effective grappling" because he was able to stuff Shogun's takedowns . . . but I believe another judge gave Shogun the "effective grappling" edge as well as the "aggression" points because Shogun was going for takedowns in the first place. Or how about the fact that one judge gave Machida "octagon control" because he evaded some of Shogun's strikes and made Shogun move forward and therefore "took the fight where he wanted it."

Or how about this. What is "effective striking?" Is it one guy who lands 10 medium shots in a round or his opponent who lands one good bomb that rocks him?

Clearly there is lots of room for interpretation.

zY|
04-21-2010, 10:25 PM

LOL I'm trolling because I know how to score a round and the rest of you are scoring rounds on what "you" think is important and not what the rule book says

good one ::lmao::

I completely explained it to you and now you dont want to respond because you know you're wrong and score rounds wrong

No I assumed you're trolling because 98% of the time you are.

And it speaks volumes about your 'knowledge' (as well as your reading comprehension) that you think striking is weighed higher than grappling, when they are in fact weighed the same.

Luke
04-21-2010, 10:29 PM
^^^^^ I think your oversimplifying the situation in a big way. It's clear that even the judges don't really agree on exactly how they should score a fight. Yes, they have the listed criteria, but how do you think one judge gives a fight 30-27 to one guy while another gives it 30-27 to the other guy (and how many times have we seen this)?

Also, "effective striking" etc is subjective. For instance, I remember Cecil Peoples saying that he credited Machida with "effective grappling" because he was able to stuff Shogun's takedowns . . . but I believe another judge gave Shogun the "effective grappling" edge as well as the "aggression" points because Shogun was going for takedowns in the first place. Or how about the fact that one judge gave Machida "octagon control" because he evaded some of Shogun's strikes and made Shogun move forward and therefore "took the fight where he wanted it."

Or how about this. What is "effective striking?" Is it one guy who lands 10 medium shots in a round or his opponent who lands one good bomb that rocks him?

Clearly there is lots of room for interpretation.

I judge by the rule book just as I do in boxing.

Effective Striking:

Clean Strikes
1. The fighter who is landing both effective and efficient clean strikes.
2. There are two ways of measuring strikes:
-the total number of clean strikes landed (more efficient)
-the total number of heavy strikes landed (more effective)

G. The heavier striker who lands with efficiency, deserves more credit from the Judges than total number landed.
1. If the striking power between the fighters was equal, then the total number landed would be used as the criteria.
2. The total number of strikes landed, should be of sufficient quantity favoring a fighter, to earn a winning round.

H. Strikes thrown from the top position of the guard, are generally heavier and more effective than those thrown from the back.
1. Thus a Judge shall recognize that effective strikes thrown from the top guard position are of "higher quality", than thrown from the bottom.
2. The Judge shall recognize that this is not always the case.
However, the vast majority of fighters prefer the top guard position to strike from. This is a strong indication of positional dominance for striking

SPX
04-21-2010, 10:32 PM
First off, did you get that shit from a boxing site or an MMA site? Because it's two different sports.

Second, as I said before, the very fact that judges score fights so differently sometimes makes it clear that there is a lot of room for interpretation. You can either choose to acknowledge that or you can be obstinate.

zY|
04-21-2010, 10:34 PM
First off, did you get that shit from a boxing site or an MMA site? Because it's too different sports.

Second, as I said before, the very fact that judges score fights so differently sometimes makes it clear that there is a lot of room for interpretation. You can either choose to acknowledge that or you can be obstinate.

He interprets the rules the way he feels like, then tells those who disagree with them that they're wrong. A hypocritical broad constructionist, if you will.

Luke
04-21-2010, 10:40 PM
First off, did you get that shit from a boxing site or an MMA site? Because it's two different sports.

Two different sports ::lmao:: OMG you guys are great

This came straight from the Nevada State Athletic Commission MMA rules its not two different sports you goof

Luke
04-21-2010, 10:42 PM
First off, did you get that shit from a boxing site or an MMA site? Because it's too different sports.

He interprets the rules the way he feels like, then tells those who disagree with them that they're wrong. A hypocritical broad constructionist, if you will.

I'm wrong ,the judges are wrong everyones wrong that knows the rules on how to score a fight but Zy's right that doesnt even know the rules how to score a round .OK that makes sense

SPX
04-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Two different sports ::lmao:: OMG you guys are great

This came straight from the Nevada State Athletic Commission MMA rules its not two different sports you goof

Okay, you got me. I just scanned it and didn't catch the shit about strikes from the guard.

Either way, my point about the subjectivity of all of it still stands. You act like it's simple, but it's not. It may be in theory, but not in practice. That's why judging is in the state it's in in the first place.

Ludo
04-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Actually being on top and getting the takedown everytime(just about) covers effective grappling and octagon control. 2 is better than 1, not to mention strikes from the bottom do far less damage and if it wasn't for the fact that Mousasi landed a fuck ton of them Mo would have come out looking like a rose.

As far as Cerrone/Henderson 1 goes: http://fightmetric.com/fights/Henderson-Cerrone.html - FM scores it for Cerrone.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/WEC-43 ... ults-20269 (http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/WEC-43-Play-by-Play-and-Results-20269) -Sherdog scores it for Cerrone.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16450/wec-43- ... esults.mma (http://mmajunkie.com/news/16450/wec-43-cerrone-vs-henderson-live-round-by-round-coverage-and-official-results.mma) Junkie scores it for Henderson.

Clearly this is another controversial decision, as it was at the time. It was a close fight that saw large swings in momentum. Henderson getting takedowns before Cerrone almost ended the fight with some really deep submission attempts. So lets abandon this "your an idiot if you scored it this way" nonsense, eh?

zY|
04-21-2010, 10:47 PM
L. Criteria Evaluation
1. Each judge is to evaluate which fighter was most effective. Thus striking and grappling skills are top priority.
2. Evaluating the criteria requires the use of a sliding scale. Fights can remain standing or grounded. Judges shall recognize that it isn't how long the fighters are standing or grounded, as to the scoring the fighters achieve ,while in those positions.
3. If 90% of the round is grounded one fighter on top, then:
-effective grappling is weighed first.
-clean striking is weighed next. If clean strikes scored in the round, the Judge shall factor it
in. Clean Striking can outweigh Effective Grappling while the fighters are grounded.
-octagon control is next (pace, place & position)

4. The same rational holds true if 90% of the round were standing. Thus:
-clean striking would be weighed first (fighter most effective)
-clean grappling second (any takedowns or effective clinching)
-octagon control which fighter maintained better position? Which fighter created the situations
that led to effective strikes?

5. If a round was 50% standing and 50% on the ground, then:
-clean striking and effective grappling are weighed more equally.
-octagon control would be factored next

6. In all three hypothetical situations, effective aggressiveness is factored in last. It is the
criteria of least importance. Since the definition calls for moving forward and scoring, it is
imperative for the Judges to look at the scoring first.

7. Thus for all Judges scoring UFC fights, the prioritized order of evaluating criteria is:
-clean strikes and effective grappling are weighed first.
-octagon control
-effective aggressiveness

Luke thinks striking is more important because it comes first in the sentence. LOL!

Ludo
04-21-2010, 10:56 PM
Just how do you define effective striking, even using that criteria? The guy who lands 25 high percentage jabs that don't do any damage and one low percentage power punch that didn't phase his opponent or the guy who landed 10 jabs and 3 counter lefts that dropped his opponent for 2 knockdowns? Effective striking would dictate that the one who lands more would win the round but no way in hell the judges will give it to the guy who found himself on his ass twice.

Clean Strikes
1. The fighter who is landing both effective and efficient clean strikes.
2. There are two ways of measuring strikes:
-the total number of clean strikes landed (more efficient)
-the total number of heavy strikes landed (more effective)

G. The heavier striker who lands with efficiency, deserves more credit from the Judges than total number landed.
1. If the striking power between the fighters was equal, then the total number landed would be used as the criteria.
2. The total number of strikes landed, should be of sufficient quantity favoring a fighter, to earn a winning round.

H. Strikes thrown from the top position of the guard, are generally heavier and more effective than those thrown from the back.
1. Thus a Judge shall recognize that effective strikes thrown from the top guard position are of "higher quality", than thrown from the bottom.
However, the vast majority of fighters prefer the top guard position to strike from. This is a strong indication of positional dominance for striking

Still sure strikes from the bottom count for shit? Judging using that exact criteria, shots from the top count more than shots from the bottom. Good thing they weren't in Nevada...

Luke
04-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Luke thinks striking is more important because it comes first in the sentence. LOL!

Cerrone lost 3 of 4 categories how did he win the round ZY? You yet to explain how he won the round even though I did you just dance around the question like a politician.You started this by saying:
Even if you scored round 1 for Henderson (which btw not only makes you wrong but a bad person),

But you have gave zero reasons why ,you just poke insults at people and tell them they are wrong because you dont know the rules and score fights just as SPX said on "what you think is important"

Luke
04-21-2010, 11:05 PM
2. The Judge shall recognize that this is not always the case

Still sure strikes from the bottom count for shit? Judging using that exact criteria, shots from the top count more than shots from the bottom. Good thing they weren't in Nevada...

I'm as sure as reading the sentence above .When you get outlanded 35-5 they mean something.Sure if it was 20-15 the top guy wins the round but the strikes in round 2 werent even remotely close

Luke
04-21-2010, 11:09 PM
As far as Cerrone/Henderson 1 goes: http://fightmetric.com/fights/Henderson-Cerrone.html - FM scores it for Cerrone.

Somehow fight metric scores round 1 40-38 for Henderson says in a 10 point must system its a draw ,then gives the round to Cerrone.

Something has to be a mistake because you cant score a round 40-38 Henderson ,say its a draw and Cerrone wins it .Im not sure how that site works I've only been on it one other time ::handshake::

SPX
04-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Let me weigh in on the strikes from bottom argument.

I have often thought that having top position is very important for one reason: because in a real fight--and let's not get into the MMA is not a real fight discussion--the guy on top is in control and he can choose to keep it going or walk away. The guy in bottom is not in control. He doesn't have the choice as to whether or not the fight continues. But the guy on top can keep fighting or can end it at any moment.

For that reason, I've always felt like you should have to do some serious ass work on the bottom to steal a round.

And that's exactly what Mousasi did: some serious ass work. All Mo did in the second was lay there. He landed almost no strikes but got his head beat in by his opponent. Does Mo really deserve to win the round because he laid on top of Mousasi's stomach while getting punched in the face and head? That was one of the few instances of a fighter on bottom winning a round in my opinion, but that's exactly what it was.

zY|
04-21-2010, 11:14 PM

Cerrone lost 3 of 4 categories how did he win the round ZY? You yet to explain how he won the round even though I did you just dance around the question like a politician.You started this by saying:
Even if you scored round 1 for Henderson (which btw not only makes you wrong but a bad person),

But you have gave zero reasons why ,you just poke insults at people and tell them they are wrong because you dont know the rules and score fights just as SPX said on "what you think is important"

I was refuting your holier than thou "I know how to score and you don't" overall attitude, not that one fight. Who's the politician dancing around?

But if you insist.

As SPX alluded to, there is no scientific way to measure this even with strict criteria. Yeah Henderson landed more strikes in Round 1, but I thought the incredibly deep, near fight ending submission attempts FAR outweighed the effectiveness of the strikes landed. And being as the fight is on the ground, it's a judgment call as to which is more effective. I'm well within the right to give it to Cerrone based on effective grappling.

For the other criteria, it's not so cut and dry either. Octagon control could go either way. It was about even. Cerrone controlled the first half, Henderson the latter half. Effective agression? Cerrone stalks people and never stops.

As for you being a bad person, well that's just the honest truth.

Also, funny that you're bragging about giving Mousasi the 2nd round vs Mo. Anyone with fucking eyes could see he won that round. Mo was on top but not doing a fucking thing but getting punched in the face. There was no effective grappling to be seen.

Luke
04-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Luke, what did you think about the Shogun/Machida judging?

If I remember correctly I think I had that fight going either way.It was much like the Penn-Edgar fight imo some rounds were so close they could have been scored either way.If Sho Gun got the decision that night I think it would have been ok,Machida getting it was ok too imo.Anyone that said it was robbery is just a spazzed out fan ::handshake::

zY|
04-21-2010, 11:17 PM
And another thing...

M. Domination Criteria
1. A Judge may determine that a fighter dominated his opponent in a round. This can lead to a two point or more difference on a Judge's scorecard.
2. The definition of a dominating round is a fighter's ability to effectively strike, grapple and
control his opponent.
3. A Judge may determine a round was dominating if a fighter was adversely affected by one of the following:
-knocked down from standing position by clean strike
-by submission attempt
-from a throw
-from clean strikes either standing or grounded.

^^That's pretty much the play by play to round 5. The only thing Bendo did was not get submitted. It should have been 10-8 all day.

Ludo
04-21-2010, 11:21 PM

It's great that the judges shall recognize it's not always the case that strikes from the top are more meaningful, but dominant striking would be dictated by the guy who's controlling where the other guy can and cannot go. IE if Mousasi can't get off the mat because Mo is holding him down while striking, albeit striking less, it's still dominant striking since the shots are heavier(leverage and gravity) and more dominant.

Did he cut him like Marquardt cut Sonnen? No. Did he do any damage but make his eye swell? No. Did he bust his nose, cause a lump on his head, bust his lip, or even rock him? No. So what did his strikes from the bottom count for?

Luke
04-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Also, funny that you're bragging about giving Mousasi the 2nd round vs Mo. Anyone with fucking eyes could see he won that round. Mo was on top but not doing a fucking thing but getting punched in the face. There was no effective grappling to be seen.

Ludo said I was nuts for giving round 2 to Mousasi.Ludo's words:

your high, Luke. Mo has won all three rounds so far. Mousasi had only one dominant position the entire time here and that was the last 20 seconds of round 2.

Strikes from the bottom count for shit.

If GSP wins fights by multiple takedowns each round without doing any damage, then Mo is winning every round of this fight so far.

I rarely ever give a round to the bottom buy but the top guy has to do more than lay on the bottom guy like a couch

Luke
04-21-2010, 11:24 PM

It's great that the judges shall recognize it's not always the case that strikes from the top are more meaningful, but dominant striking would be dictated by the guy who's controlling where the other guy can and cannot go. IE if Mousasi can't get off the mat because Mo is holding him down while striking, albeit striking less, it's still dominant striking since the shots are heavier(leverage and gravity) and more dominant.

Did he cut him like Marquardt cut Sonnen? No. Did he do any damage but make his eye swell? No. Did he bust his nose, cause a lump on his head, bust his lip, or even rock him? No. So what did his strikes from the bottom count for?

Me thinks Ludo scores rounds the worst of anyone here,twice as bad if he bet that fighter

Luke
04-21-2010, 11:25 PM

Why did you think that was from two different sports?

zY|
04-21-2010, 11:26 PM
[quote=zY|]

Ludo said I was nuts for giving round 2 to Mousasi.Ludo's words:

your high, Luke. Mo has won all three rounds so far. Mousasi had only one dominant position the entire time here and that was the last 20 seconds of round 2.

Strikes from the bottom count for shit.

If GSP wins fights by multiple takedowns each round without doing any damage, then Mo is winning every round of this fight so far.

I rarely ever give a round to the bottom buy but the top guy has to do more than lay on the bottom guy like a couch[/quote:idnd5nfu]

Well that's Ludo, who is wrong in that instance. Also note my post somewhere in there laughing at him comparing what GSP does to what Mo was doing.

You still haven't acknowledged your wrongness about striking being weighted more than grappling. I guess this is the part where one guy realizes he's wrong mid-argument but doesn't want to admit it so he keeps going, looking for a way out.

It's ok to admit that I know how to score and you don't. I won't berate you too much.

poopoo333
04-21-2010, 11:28 PM

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. He must have missed "effective grappling".

SPX
04-21-2010, 11:30 PM

You said, "I judge by the rule book just as I do in boxing." So it sounded like you were applying boxing striking rules to MMA.

I admitted that I didn't really read the shit . . . just scanned it.

Ludo
04-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Yes, he did win those rounds because he was hitting takedowns, and controlling Mousasi. Mousasi landing more strikes from his back somehow negates octagon control, effective grappling, and aggressiveness(takedowns)? I'm sorry but to even have a chance at that he would have had to rock Mo and put Mo in some serious trouble with those strikes. He didn't though.

zY|
04-21-2010, 11:33 PM
Yes, he did win those rounds because he was hitting takedowns, and controlling Mousasi. Mousasi landing more strikes from his back somehow negates octagon control, effective grappling, and aggressiveness(takedowns)? I'm sorry but to even have a chance at that he would have had to rock Mo and put Mo in some serious trouble with those strikes. He didn't though.

Leave it alone. Everyone and their mom scored that round for Mousasi. It was plain as day. Mo's goddamn eye closed from that assbeating he took in Round 2.

Luke
04-21-2010, 11:35 PM
As SPX alluded to, there is no scientific way to measure this even with strict criteria. Yeah Henderson landed more strikes in Round 1, but I thought the incredibly deep, near fight ending submission attempts FAR outweighed the effectiveness of the strikes landed. And being as the fight is on the ground, it's a judgment call as to which is more effective. I'm well within the right to give it to Cerrone based on effective grappling.

For the other criteria, it's not so cut and dry either. Octagon control could go either way. It was about even. Cerrone controlled the first half, Henderson the latter half. Effective agression? Cerrone stalks people and never stops.

As for you being a bad person, well that's just the honest truth.

I can say grappling Cerrone ,Strikes Henderson ,tie ring control(even though I'd give it to Henderson)

.But in round 1 Cerrone wasnt walking down Henderon,Henderson was the aggressor.In the later rounds Cerrone was

I said this round was close but gave it to Henderson,you said "you're not only wrong but a bad person".Had you said it was a close round but you gave it to Cerrone none of this arguing would have ever happened

zY|
04-21-2010, 11:37 PM
I was just being glib as usual, and for some reason you took personal offense this time and starting throwing insults around. That's the only reason I'm being a dick right now. ::thumbup::

Luke
04-21-2010, 11:38 PM

You said, "I judge by the rule book just as I do in boxing." So it sounded like you were applying boxing striking rules to MMA.

I admitted that I didn't really read the shit . . . just scanned it.

ok you just had me completely confused there ::handshake::

Ludo
04-21-2010, 11:40 PM

Leave it alone. Everyone and their mom scored that round for Mousasi. It was plain as day. Mo's goddamn eye closed from that assbeating he took in Round 2.

Maybe everyone and your mom did.

Luke
04-21-2010, 11:44 PM
I was just being glib as usual, and for some reason you took personal offense this time and starting throwing insults around. That's the only reason I'm being a dick right now. ::thumbup::

I thought you were being serious is the only reason I took offense.I really try to score rounds correctly and not by a fans point of view.

Maybe I need some sleep

Luke
04-21-2010, 11:47 PM

::haptime:: My head hurts

SPX
04-21-2010, 11:48 PM

It's true that Mousasi clearly won that round. If you don't think so, seriously go back and watch it again. Literally, all Mo did was lay on his stomach. He may have landed a punch or two in the process, but nothing compared to Mousasi's 1 billion strikes.

Luke
04-21-2010, 11:52 PM

It's true that Mousasi clearly won that round. If you don't think so, seriously go back and watch it again. Literally, all Mo did was lay on his stomach. He may have landed a punch or two in the process, but nothing compared to Mousasi's 1 billion strikes.

I thought Mousasi was going to KO him with one of those up kicks

SPX
04-21-2010, 11:54 PM
I thought Mousasi was going to KO him with one of those up kicks

During the second round, it looked like Mousasi was working on doing exactly what we were told was his plan: to tire Mo out and work on him in rounds 3-5. Unfortunately, he had another plan, and that plan was to be gay.

Luke
04-21-2010, 11:55 PM
I never meant or mean to insult anyone.I like to mess around playfully all the time and 99% of the time nothing gets me worked up but it did this time .But I shouldnt insult people and didnt mean anything by anything I said ::handshake::

Ludo
04-21-2010, 11:56 PM
I'll agree to disagree on the issue, clearly many of you and I disagree on who won that round. I will also admit that my having a bet on Mo may have influenced my opinion at the time. I'll rewatch the fight though and do my best to look at it without having 2 units on the line as to it's outcome this time.

zY|
04-21-2010, 11:56 PM

I thought you were being serious is the only reason I took offense.I really try to score rounds correctly and not by a fans point of view.

Maybe I need some sleep

I try to as well. No matter how by the book one tries to be, there's still plenty of room for interpretation. Clearly the round could go either way.

zY|
04-21-2010, 11:57 PM
I'll agree to disagree on the issue, clearly many of you and I disagree on who won that round. I will also admit that my having a bet on Mo may have influenced my opinion at the time. I'll rewatch the fight though and do my best to look at it without having 2 units on the line as to it's outcome this time.

Just curious, how did you score round 2 of Guida/Sanchez?

SPX
I never meant or mean to insult anyone.I like to mess around playfully all the time and 99% of the time nothing gets me worked up but it did this time .But I shouldnt insult people and didnt mean anything by anything I said ::handshake::

Aw shit, this nigga got WORKED UP!!!

FUCK!!!!!!!

zY|

Want to go make out?

Ludo
04-21-2010, 11:58 PM
I'd have to go back and rewatch it, zY. I ain't watched that fight in about a year now. I'll get back to ya'll on that in a few minutes though, I'm going to watch it before I rewatch Mo/Mousasi.

Luke
04-22-2010, 12:02 AM
I just rewatched the Mousasi -King Mo second round and can say 100% without a doubt I scored that round for Urijah Faber

Luke
04-22-2010, 12:03 AM

Want to go make out?

Maybe with your mom

SPX
04-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Want to go make out?

Goddamn, you really are always a dick.

Ludo
04-22-2010, 12:31 AM
Alright. I just rewatched the round and that was super fucking close. I'd have to give it a hair shy of a 10-10 round based solely on the fact that Guida had the takedown and worked from the top to stay out of the submissions. Those elbows by Diego were obviously hurting him but he answered back with some solid shots of his own, including elbows. Overall I scored it 28-28. I thought Diego took round 1 with a 10-8 because he landed bombs, the head kick, and stuffed the takedowns, Guida won round 2 with the takedown and stifling the submission attempts while landing some good shots while catching alot of elbows from the bottom to his crown. Round three I saw in favor of Guida as well because he landed the bigger standing strikes(he was timing Diego pretty good), as well as after he missed the takedown and Diego took the back Guida ended up on top and stifled the arm triangle and kimura attempts before landing a HUGE shot before the bell sounded.

Mr. IWS
04-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Let me weigh in on the strikes from bottom argument.

I have often thought that having top position is very important for one reason: because in a real fight--and let's not get into the MMA is not a real fight discussion--the guy on top is in control and he can choose to keep it going or walk away. The guy in bottom is not in control. He doesn't have the choice as to whether or not the fight continues. But the guy on top can keep fighting or can end it at any moment.

For that reason, I've always felt like you should have to do some serious ass work on the bottom to steal a round.

I agree. I always say to myself, If I were in that fight, and I was on my back, would I think Im winning? probably not.

If you guys really want to start a war, go score the Bas/Randleman fight.

Thewiseman
04-22-2010, 10:21 AM
This is what I have so far,
Morrison .12u to win .5u
Karalexis .12u to win .5u
Gamburian .1u to win .5u
Mizugaki 1.4u to win 1u
Aldo 9.6u to win 3u

Luke
04-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Zak you missed our seminar last night on how to and not to score a round

good stuff

Ludo
04-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Bagels were a little dry though.

Luke
04-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Bagels were a little dry though.

Mr. IWS
04-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Zak you missed our seminar last night on how to and not to score a round

good stuff

I read some of it. Good stuff while I was eating my breakfast this morning. ::winna::

Thewiseman
04-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Morrison .12u to win .5u
Gamburian .1u to win .5u
Mizugaki 1.4u to win 1u
Aldo 9.6u to win 3u
Added Banuelos .2u to win .5u

zY|
04-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Alright. I just rewatched the round and that was super fucking close. I'd have to give it a hair shy of a 10-10 round based solely on the fact that Guida had the takedown and worked from the top to stay out of the submissions. Those elbows by Diego were obviously hurting him but he answered back with some solid shots of his own, including elbows. Overall I scored it 28-28. I thought Diego took round 1 with a 10-8 because he landed bombs, the head kick, and stuffed the takedowns, Guida won round 2 with the takedown and stifling the submission attempts while landing some good shots while catching alot of elbows from the bottom to his crown. Round three I saw in favor of Guida as well because he landed the bigger standing strikes(he was timing Diego pretty good), as well as after he missed the takedown and Diego took the back Guida ended up on top and stifled the arm triangle and kimura attempts before landing a HUGE shot before the bell sounded.

Fair enough I guess. I thought Diego stole the round solely on those elbows. They were brutal and plentiful. I just find it hard to give a guy a round just for being on top and not doing much when the guy on the bottom outstrikes you with power shots 20-3.

poopoo333
04-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Ok back to WEC, I think I put too much on Faber. If my 2 other bets win and Faber loses, I am still down by a very small amount. There are no other fights on the card I can really justify a decent bet on to cover myself. Meh

Luke
04-22-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm betting Henderson for sure.Either 1 or 2 units not sure yet

poopoo333
04-22-2010, 11:50 PM

Good luck.. I have him on a super duper parlay (on my baseball/football account). $5.11 to win $1000+ LOL

Ludo
04-22-2010, 11:50 PM
the hype program WEC released had Ben Henderson saying he was going to showcase the striking skills he's been working on against Cerrone... My feeling is if he tries to stand up and strike with Cerrone he gets murdered.

zY|
04-22-2010, 11:53 PM
the hype program WEC released had Ben Henderson saying he was going to showcase the striking skills he's been working on against Cerrone... My feeling is if he tries to stand up and strike with Cerrone he gets murdered.

He might try a little bit at first. But he'll take him down if he starts getting hit. I wouldn't worry about it. Since when do fighters do what they say during the hype?

Luke
04-22-2010, 11:55 PM

I'd say he strikes for about he first minute then goes into takedown mode

Luke
04-22-2010, 11:55 PM

Good luck.. I have him on a super duper parlay (on my baseball/football account). $5.11 to win $1000+ LOL

Wiseman did you sign in under poopoo's account?

Ludo
04-23-2010, 12:17 AM
Oh I don't truly believe he thinks he can stand and trade with Cerrone for 5 rounds, I just think if he doesn't revert back into his factory default settings he'll find himself in some deep trouble.

SPX
04-23-2010, 12:32 AM
Cerrone

zY|
04-23-2010, 12:56 AM
Cerrone

Brilliant insight. Truly provocative, riveting tale.

SPX
04-23-2010, 01:56 AM
Brilliant insight. Truly provocative, riveting tale.

Wasn't it?

Thewiseman
04-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Morrison .12u to win .5u
Gamburian .1u to win .5u
Mizugaki 1.4u to win 1u
Aldo 9.6u to win 3u
Added another .1u to win .5u on Karalexis, so the total is .22u to win 1u
Also Garcia .55u to win .5u
Cerrone/Henderson goes distance .41u to win 1u
Brown/Gamburyan goes the distance .5u to win 1u

MMA_scientist
04-23-2010, 02:17 PM
I can't find anything to bet on this card. Sitting out.

Thewiseman
04-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Morrison .12u to win .5u
Gamburian .1u to win .5u
Mizugaki 1.4u to win 1u
Aldo 9.6u to win 3u
Added another .1u to win .5u on Karalexis, so the total is .22u to win 1u
Also Garcia .55u to win .5u
Cerrone/Henderson goes distance .41u to win 1u
Brown/Gamburyan goes the distance .5u to win 1u
Pickett .5u to win .52u

poopoo333
04-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Final plays:

0.5u on Henderson @+105
0.5u on Njokuani @+120
2u on Faber @+260
2.5u on Jorgenson @-240

Ludo
04-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Final Plays:

1.3u to win 1u on Leonard Garcia
1.6u to win 1u on Takeya Mizugaki
2u to win 4.4u on Urijah Faber
2u to win 1.7u on Donald Cerrone
.5u parlay to win 7.5u on Faber, Cerrone, Garcia, Jorgensen, and Brown

SPX
04-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Final Plays:

I'm already with you on Cerrone and Faber. I've also considered Miz and Garcia.

What do you know about The Korean Zombie? I'm having a hard time betting against a guy with that nickname.

SPX
04-23-2010, 06:44 PM
I think it's interesting how a lot of guys on this card have gone from being relatively significant underdogs to favorites on some books.

Njokuani and Korean Zombie have actually travelled a good bit, and a few books have Bendo as the underdog now, too.

Ludo
04-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Honestly I don't know alot about the Korean Zombie. What I read on him says he earned the nickname by walking through punches and pulling out miracle subs to pull himself from the brink of defeat, sometimes throwing caution to the wind in doing so. Now while that makes for a cool nickname, it doesn't make for good betting on him. I'm not saying he can't do this to Garcia, but I went with the more established fighter. As far as I know this is Jung's first fight in the states, and Garcia has only lost to fairly high level competition(except Miller and Medley). I just think the Greg Jackson product will prevail here, especially against a guy who like to try and walk through punches.

zY|
04-23-2010, 08:03 PM
It's going to be a spectacular windmill fest whoever wins. Both guys are sloppy, powerful strikers. Look up Jung on youtube.

MMA_scientist
04-23-2010, 08:04 PM
I did some research on the Korean Zombie in my vain attempt to find a bettable fight on this card.

I would not bet against him on Garcia. Jung has some K1 fights and looks to be a pretty solid stiker. He might not have enough for Garcia, but I am not super impressed with Garcia. I think he can give Garcia some trouble, but don't know how much value he has... the line is about right to me.

milfhunter
04-23-2010, 08:15 PM
I just rewatched the cerrone/henderson fight and it makes me more confident in Cerrone.

In my opinion Cerrone was never in trouble in the fight. Henderson did control the action halfway through the 1st into the 2nd and 3rd rounds. That being said e didnt hurt cerrone. Cerrone picks it up the last 2 rounds and henderson wasnt able to get the fight to the ground. Cerrone had some sick submission attempts and probably will get a few more tomorrow. Hes got the better standup and in my opinion more ways to win. I hope he comes out and can stuff a takedown or 2 early and leave it on the feet for a bit.. Good luck to those of us on the cowboy.

Ludo
04-23-2010, 08:33 PM
I couldn't find anything on Jung for K-1, Scientist. Are you sure you were watching the right guy? I can't find anything on youtube, sherdog, wikipedia, or anywhere else that says he fought in K-1. If you have a link and don't mind sharing it I'd appreciate it.

zY|
04-23-2010, 08:36 PM
I couldn't find anything on Jung for K-1, Scientist. Are you sure you were watching the right guy? I can't find anything on youtube, sherdog, wikipedia, or anywhere else that says he fought in K-1. If you have a link and don't mind sharing it I'd appreciate it.

He has 21 Kickboxing fights according to Wiki. Here's one from a few months ago. He knocks the guy out cold in spectacular fashion but loses by DQ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWnWFY-7gS8

SPX
04-23-2010, 08:50 PM
He has 21 Kickboxing fights according to Wiki. Here's one from a few months ago. He knocks the guy out cold in spectacular fashion but loses by DQ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWnWFY-7gS8

Damn, that was a spinning backfist from hell. He knocked that motherfucker out cold.

SPX
04-23-2010, 08:52 PM
I did some research on the Korean Zombie in my vain attempt to find a bettable fight on this card.

I would not bet against him on Garcia. Jung has some K1 fights and looks to be a pretty solid stiker. He might not have enough for Garcia, but I am not super impressed with Garcia. I think he can give Garcia some trouble, but don't know how much value he has... the line is about right to me.

Damn, I'm starting to think maybe I should've jumped on Jung when he opened at +165. Seems like it may have been a good play.

All I'm going to say is:

KOREAN

ZOMBIE

I'm not betting against that.

Ludo
04-23-2010, 08:53 PM
I still feel good about My bet on Garcia after watching that. Jung may have won the fight but he was throwing alot of sloppy strikes and eating more than he landed. He leaves himself out there quite a bit in that fight. I think Garcia will come in with the better game plan(coming out of Jacksons).

zY|
04-23-2010, 08:56 PM
I still feel good about My bet on Garcia after watching that. Jung may have won the fight but he was throwing alot of sloppy strikes and eating more than he landed. He leaves himself out there quite a bit in that fight. I think Garcia will come in with the better game plan(coming out of Jacksons).

LOL

Garcia's gameplan is going to be the same as always. He may win, he may lose. But he's going to windmill his punches so hard he falls over while providing power to all of Holland.

SPX
04-23-2010, 09:00 PM

Garcia has honestly looked pretty disappointing to me.

He went 1-2 in the UFC, got two quick knockouts in the WEC, and then has looked like shit ever since. He got crushed by Brown, he looked very lackluster against Massouh (who went 0-3 in the WEC), he got decisively beat by Gamburyan, and then got a draw against fucking George Roop in a fight that most people who saw it said that Roop won.

If the Korean Zombie can eat punches and keep coming then that's EXACTLY the skill that he needs against Garcia because heavy hands is about all Garcia has.

poopoo333
04-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Final plays:

0.5u on Henderson @+105
0.5u on Njokuani @+120
2u on Faber @+260
2.5u on Jorgenson @-240

Ok, added 0.5u on Henderson via decision @+460. If he wins, that is how he is going to win. Great value imo

SPX
04-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Ok, added 0.5u on Henderson via decision @+460. If he wins, that is how he is going to win. Great value imo

Not a bad play at all, I don't think. I still think (and hope) that Cerrone wins this one, but I might even be tempted to hedge a little with that.

Ludo
04-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Final Plays:

.5u parlay to win 2.2u on Faber, Brown, and Jorgensen
.5u parlay to win 3.6u on Faber, Cerrone, and Jorgensen

Thewiseman
04-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Put another .5u on Garcia, also a wiseman special,
Cavs
Spurs
Jazz -2
Aldo
Cerrone
Garcia
Mizugaki
Visher
.04u to win 1.8u

Luke
04-24-2010, 04:34 PM
Final Plays:

.5u parlay to win 2.2u on Faber, Brown, and Jorgensen
.5u parlay to win 3.6u on Faber, Cerrone, and Jorgensen

Pretty confident about Faber huh? I think it could be close but still think Aldo wins .But no way I'm laying -300

poopoo333
04-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Here are my Wiseman specials!!! (from my baseball/football/whatever account)

#1: All WEC
Johnson, Mendes, Mizugaki, Visher, Brown, Njoukani, Jorgensen, Garcia, Faber, Henderson: $1 to win $184.02

#2:Freire(winner), Jorgensen, Faber, Henderson, Stout, Koscheck, Belcher, Rua, Griffin: $5.11 to win $1667.94

#3: Brown, Jorgensen, Visher, Mizugaki: $15.51 to win $39.29

LOL

Ludo
04-24-2010, 04:53 PM
I think if Faber pays the right amount of respect to Aldo's speed and explosiveness he can win this fight. Faber is alot faster than Brown or Swanson or anyone else Aldo has faced in the WEC, and his striking is very unorthodox in his angles and strikes in general. I think this one is going to come down to who can control things on the ground, though.

SPX
04-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Anyone here think Yahya might actually be worth a small dog play?

SPX
04-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Here you go, you gang of retards.

My bets:

Faber: .5u to win 1.03u
Gamburyan: .25u to win 1.25u
Njokuani: .5u to win .73u
Cheesesteak: .25u to win 1.13u
Cowboy: 1.05u to win 1u
Miz/Jorgensen: 1u to win 1.13u

Luke
04-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Here you go, you gang of retards.

My bets:

Faber: .5u to win 1.03u
Gamburyan: .25u to win 1.25u
Njokuani: .5u to win .73u
Cheesesteak: .25u to win 1.13u
Cowboy: 1.05u to win 1u
Miz/Jorgensen: 1u to win 1.13u

finally !!!!!.I've been dying with anticipation

triathlete
04-24-2010, 08:06 PM
I have money on Faber (+275,1u), Bendo (-105, 2u although I want Cerrone to win), Njok (+146, 1u), Jorgenson (-190, 2u), and 4u (-69) on Tyson.

I don't know what the 'to wins' are because I don't want to do math today.

zY|
04-24-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm on Mendes, Aldo, Bendo, and Johnson.

I meant to be on Cerrone but I just looked and apparently I actually bet on Bendo. Whoops, damn -115 lines.

Oh well. Go Smooth!!!!1

Thewiseman
04-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Up .83u so far, lost my parlay on Visher, a little on Morrison and won 1u on Mizugaki.

Luke
04-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Just took Ben Henderson +115

2 units to win 2.3

poopoo333
04-24-2010, 08:51 PM
I was going to lay down some money on Mike Brown at -500...but I am too scared ::swifty::

poopoo333
04-24-2010, 08:55 PM
lol, Visher ruined 2 of my wiseman specials (copyright) :). Luckily this wasn't my "real" mma account. Oh well, that was just some of my winnings from baseball today!

Good luck to all tonight!!!

Luke
04-24-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm on Mendes, Aldo, Bendo, and Johnson.

I meant to be on Cerrone but I just looked and apparently I actually bet on Bendo. Whoops, damn -115 lines.

Oh well. Go Smooth!!!!1

You meant to bet Cerrone but bet Hendo by accident and its a oh well?

Bet the other way .Theres no way I'd be the wrong side and say oh well

What did you bet Mendes at?-600?

zY|
04-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Yah. And I've kinda changed my mind since placing it so I'm ok either way.

Luke
04-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Yah. And I've kinda changed my mind since placing it so I'm ok either way.

::lmao:: After all that arguing for Cerrone you did against me you taking Henderson now?

LOL you're nuts