PDA

View Full Version : UFC 117

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

High5
04-14-2010, 07:31 PM
mmajunkie is reporting Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen is targeted for Aug. in SLC, UT
Potentially UFC 117.
I know there are a few Utah boys here (SPX, Triathlete).
WAR SONNEN!!!

Thewiseman
04-14-2010, 07:48 PM
I hope sonnen beats his ass.

SPX
04-14-2010, 08:16 PM
No shit?!?!

We're actually going to get something finally?

If that's true then I'm only going to say ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

Luke
04-14-2010, 08:28 PM
No shit?!?!

We're actually going to get something finally?

If that's true then I'm only going to say ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

You going?

If so you better bring a pillow if Silvas the main event

SPX
04-14-2010, 08:36 PM
You going?

If so you better bring a pillow if Silvas the main event

I will DEFINITELY be going. And yes, I am honestly disappointed that the main event is a Silva fight, but I'm actually looking forward to seeing him fight Sonnen because I think Sonnen might surprise us all.

Svino
04-14-2010, 09:20 PM
What do you think? Five-round LnP by Sonnen or five-round evasive countering by Silva?

SPX
04-14-2010, 09:30 PM
What do you think? Five-round LnP by Sonnen or five-round evasive countering by Silva?

I wouldn't call what Sonnen does LnP. I mean, it's important to make the distinction between a wrestler who just controls his opponent without doing any real damage and the shit that Sonnen did to Dan Miller and Marquardt. He's very active.

With that said. . .

The efficiency with which Sonnen took Nate down was very impressive and Nate couldn't do much about it once he was on the ground. Provided Sonnen can stay away from subs--always a problem for him, traditionally--then he just might be able to win this one.

zY|
04-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Sonnen beating Silva seems like a longshot.

SPX
04-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Sonnen beating Silva seems like a longshot.

Well of course. But relatively speaking, plenty of longshots have come through in the history of the sport, including BJ/Edgar.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I do think that Sonnen has a tool--very strong wrestling--that plays to a weakness that Silva has always had, his takedown defense (though Maia obviously couldn't get him down . . . but he couldn't really get Dan Miller down either and we saw what Sonnen did to Miller).

zY|
04-14-2010, 09:57 PM
I know one thing for sure.

Sonnen will sell the FUCK out of this fight!

SPX
04-14-2010, 10:01 PM

Major awesome shit talking for sure!

triathlete
04-14-2010, 10:11 PM
mmajunkie is reporting Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen is targeted for Aug. in SLC, UT
Potentially UFC 117.
I know there are a few Utah boys here (SPX, Triathlete).
WAR SONNEN!!!

Holy shit...

I'm so fucking in on that one . . .

zY|
04-15-2010, 01:03 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/34h8fb5.jpg

Luke
04-15-2010, 01:12 AM
Sonnen =No chance

SPX
04-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Sonnen =No chance

Your Mom=No Chance

Luke
04-15-2010, 01:44 AM
Sonnen =No chance

Your Mom=No Chance

Sonnen beats Nate and suddenly everyone thinks he has a chance against Silva,quit it people.

SPX
04-15-2010, 01:51 AM
Sonnen beats Nate and suddenly everyone thinks he has a chance against Silva,quit it people.

My 4 units lost says that beating Nate was a significant thing.

Also, did this past weekend not prove that upsets can and do happen? It's so funny how once an upset actually happens everyone starts subconsciously coming up with reasons about how it was DESTINED to happen and it's really not that big of deal at all.

Someone's going to whip Silva's ass eventually.

Luke
04-15-2010, 01:58 AM

My 4 units lost says that beating Nate was a significant thing.

Also, did this past weekend not prove that upsets can and do happen? It's so funny how once an upset actually happens everyone starts subconsciously coming up with reasons about how it was DESTINED to happen and it's really not that big of deal at all.

Someone's going to whip Silva's ass eventually.

I'm not a spaz like most people.An upset happened last weekend big deal doesnt mean Silvas going down next.
An overrated Sonnen beat an overrated Nate end of story.Sonnen stands no chance.I hope the spaz people bet Sonnen to push the line down

Ludo
04-15-2010, 01:58 AM
Only 4? Marquardt cost Me a total of 13.5u between the two parlays I had him in. He was the only one to lose in the parlays(I had Demian Maia over Dan Miller and Randy Couture over Mark Coleman on one, and Maia on another with Nate before the lines got too crazy). If only Sonnen would have just tapped out like a normal person to that choke...

SPX
04-15-2010, 02:01 AM
An overrated Sonnen beat an overrated Nate end of story.Sonnen stands no chance.I hope the spaz people bet Sonnen to push the line down

Nate's "overrated" now ONLY because he lost to Sonnen.

SPX
04-15-2010, 02:03 AM
Only 4? Marquardt cost Me a total of 13.5u between the two parlays I had him in. He was the only one to lose in the parlays(I had Demian Maia over Dan Miller and Randy Couture over Mark Coleman on one, and Maia on another with Nate before the lines got too crazy). If only Sonnen would have just tapped out like a normal person to that choke...

That's ultra-shitty. For me, a 4u bet is significant, since it represents 8% of my bankroll. I'm not sure what 1u is for you, but I can imagine that losing 13.5u really sucks. I never play for those kind of stakes on a single fight. I'm also too afraid of another GSP/Serra or BJ/Edgar.

Luke
04-15-2010, 02:07 AM

Nate's "overrated" now ONLY because he lost to Sonnen.

Nate was overrated in my book before the Sonnen fight thats why I never bet him in that fight

Ludo
04-15-2010, 02:09 AM
Well I had made the mistake of falling into the Marquardt hype that he was the best middleweight in the world not named Anderson Silva. Kinda sucked, alot... Like a starving hooker with braces.

Luke
04-15-2010, 02:12 AM
Well I had made the mistake of falling into the Marquardt hype that he was the best middleweight in the world not named Anderson Silva. Kinda sucked, alot... Like a starving hooker with braces.

I dont remember if I didnt believe the hype or it was the fact the line was -375.I usually dont bet over -325 unless I'm really sure.It was probably a little of both

Ludo
04-15-2010, 02:16 AM
I was really sure, BOL. I was 100% positive that Sonnen had nothing for Marquardt, since Nate's striking was crisp, his Wrestling was good, his Grappling was better than good, and his size made him a problem for any other Middleweight. I didn't give Sonnen enough credit, and I paid for it.

Luke
04-15-2010, 02:20 AM
I was really sure, BOL. I was 100% positive that Sonnen had nothing for Marquardt, since Nate's striking was crisp, his Wrestling was good, his Grappling was better than good, and his size made him a problem for any other Middleweight. I didn't give Sonnen enough credit, and I paid for it.

I think the last time I did that was when I had NOG -330 over Mir ::thumbdown::

Did you read that last post I made about matchbook commission?

Mr. IWS
04-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Doesnt the guy that Andy fights AFTER, he pisses Dana off, get starched?

I will be on Silva fo sho.

Thewiseman
04-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Silva will probably win. He knock Sonnen out on the feet, and could sub him off his back. But Chael can and will take Silva down if he can get ahold of him without getting Ko'd. He does have a chance. If he can do that to Silva for the 1st two rounds, he may tire Silva out and do it for the rest of the fight.

Mr. IWS
04-15-2010, 11:13 AM

we could probably fill an entire thread up with all the quotes Sonnen will make.

Should be pretty funny shit.

zY|
04-15-2010, 12:29 PM
"he's going to hit me and it's going to hurt. I just don't care."

War Chael Sonnen (R-OR)

Vote for change

Shun the nonbelievers (Luke)

Mr. IWS
04-15-2010, 01:12 PM
i added a chael word filter, for when you type his last name, it automatically adds the R-Or.

Carry on.

zY|
04-15-2010, 01:37 PM
i added a chael word filter, for when you type his last name, it automatically adds the R-Or.

Carry on.

Sonnen

That is just tremendous Zak.

For your services, I'll post his latest interview from MMAJunkie with all sorts of amazing quotes.

I've bolded the goods.

Chael Sonnen doubts champ Anderson Silva will sign to fight at UFC 117

Chael Sonnen is optimistic he'll get to fight middleweight champion Anderson Silva. But he also says he's a bit worried that it won't happen.

"I don't know if Anderson's going to accept," Sonnen told MMAjunkie.com (http://www.mmmajunkie.com).

UFC president Dana White on Wednesday told Jim Rome that Silva and Sonnen will face off in what would be the champions's seventh consecutive title defense. But there's a twist: after another lackluster fight against Demian Maia this past Saturday, Silva (26-4 MMA, 11-0 UFC) must deliver excitement or risk being cut from the organization.

Sonnen (24-10 MMA, 4-3 UFC) is happy to bait the champ – again – if it gets him the fight.

"The best I've seen, [Silva is] a man of his word," Sonnen said of the proposed matchup. "If I hear that he agreed, I'll feel a lot better."

The middleweight champion is clearly on the ropes after the Maia fight, which served as the main event of UFC 112. Silva spent the first two rounds dancing around the cage and the last three in a near-constant backward shuffle.

In now trademark fashion, Sonnen said it's nothing new for Silva.

"[Silva is] really good, he's really effective, and he's as unpleasing to watch as grass growing," Sonnen said. "That's why they called me to get rid of this cancer of the company."

Silva's camp declined to comment on the fight's possibility when contacted today by MMAjunkie.com.

Sonnen claims he's called out the middleweight champion for four years to no avail.

"Nobody has challenged Anderson Silva," Sonnen said. "Not one human being, not one interview. Go to what the kids call 'Google,' and prove me wrong. Show me one athlete in any weight class that's challenged this guy except me."

The West Linn, Ore., resident won a middleweight contender spot in February with a win over Nate Marquardt at UFC 109. He really perked up ears, though, when he went after Silva in the press and polarized fans with his no-nonsense talk.

"He won't even acknowledge the challenge," Sonnen said of the champion, who also holds a UFC record for most octagon wins with 11. "He just overlooks it like it's not happening. The first and only time he's ever acknowledged the challenge is on Feb. 7, 12 hours after I became the number one contender, he put out a press release stating seven different reasons he didn't think he should have to fight me."

White told Rome that Sonnen's wrestling-based style is the perfect antidote to the lackluster performances that ensue when Silva is paired with jiu-jitsu stylists.

Sonnen said it's more than that.

"What's different about me is that I acknowledge Anderson Silva's going to hit me and kick me," he said. "I acknowledge it's going to hurt a lot. But I don't care. I don't care if he hurts me. I'll go to the hospital later that night. But in that 25-minute period, he's going to be in a fight."

He said Silva's dance is just a ploy to get opponents to engage, and a ploy he's happy to follow.

"If he does it to me, it's going to work," Sonnen said. "It's going to make me angry, and I'm going to come after him. If he wants to throw those punches, by God throw them. But I'm going to walk straight through them."

A year ago, Sonnen was struggling to gain traction in the UFC after a unsuccessful run in the promotion between 2005 and 2006, but that position has changed with his recent performances.

If the fight materializes, Sonnen will work with his usual training partners at Team Quest as well as Xtreme Couture grappling coach Neil Melanson, who helped him prepare for Marquardt at UFC 109.

"He's one of those guys, you meet them very rarely but when you meet them, you hold onto them like a precious metal," Sonnen said. "He offered to help me. I don't have a lot of friends in this sport – he's one of them."

Meanwhile, Sonnen continues to campaign for the Oregon House of Representatives and is currently in a fundraising cycle. He remains no-nonsense about the biggest opportunity of his career.

"I guarantee you between now and Aug. 7, I'll get hurt," Sonnen said. "I'll get sick. I'm sure I'll get a staph infection that seems to be the new wave throughout MMA – oh, I have a staph infection, wah. When my music hits those speakers on Aug. 7, I will make that walk.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18723/chael-s ... fc-117.mma (http://mmajunkie.com/news/18723/chael-sonnen-doubts-champ-anderson-silva-will-sign-to-fight-at-ufc-117.mma)

Mr. IWS
04-15-2010, 02:06 PM
LMAO, he said; "what the kids call Google"

This dude should be cuttin promos on WWE.

Svino
04-15-2010, 03:37 PM
"If he wants to throw those punches, by God throw them. But I'm going to walk straight through them."

That reminds me of strategies like the one Kevin Rosier used against Gerard Gordeau.

As someone who is also kind of a political junkie, I'm very curious about how the electorate responds to Sonnen being in a high profile fight. Will he get a surge of popularity and campaign cash if he takes the UFC MW belt? Will his opponent show the tape of the highlight reel KO again and again if Anderson brutalizes him?

Luke
04-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Lines up

http://www.bestfightodds.com/fights/2600.png

Mr. IWS
04-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Ill be on Anderson for whats left of Ed Soares hair.

::handshake::

Luke
04-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Ill be on Anderson for whats left of Ed Soares hair.

It'll have to get a bit lower for me to take Silva

Ludo
04-15-2010, 04:35 PM
I'll probably put a half hearted .5u on Sonnen just because. Last time he had no chance he tooled Marquardt for three rounds.

Mr. IWS
04-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Sonnen (R-Or)

::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao::

zY|
04-15-2010, 04:42 PM
I'll probably put a half hearted .5u on Sonnen (R-Or) just because. Last time he had no chance he tooled Marquardt for three rounds.

Same

The fight before that he was +300 and had no chance against Okami and dominated him for 3 rounds. I lost big on that shit. And the time before that he was going to get submitted by Dan Miller and owned him for 3 rounds. He was like +250 in that fight as well.

Ludo
04-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Don't forget Filho 2

Thewiseman
04-15-2010, 05:16 PM
I took Sonnen over Okami and will take him in this fight.

Luke
04-15-2010, 05:32 PM
I think Sonnen will kill Silva.So much so we should all bet Sonnen until the line drops to around -350 for Silva

SPX
04-15-2010, 08:43 PM
My initial reaction is to act fast and get on Sonnen before the line drops. . .

But then I thought that with Maia against Silva and the +325 I took him at was a joke price before it was said and done. I'm going to sit back and let the money come in on Silva. Then I will be on Sonnen for sure.

WAR SONNEN!

Luke
04-15-2010, 08:44 PM
My initial reaction is to act fast and get on Sonnen (R-Or) before the line drops. . .

But then I thought that with Maia against Silva and the +325 I took him at was a joke price before it was said and done. I'm going to sit back and let the money come in on Silva. Then I will be on Sonnen (R-Or) for sure.

WAR SONNEN!

another hype trainer ::thumbdown::

SPX
04-15-2010, 08:54 PM
another hype trainer ::thumbdown::

As long as Silva's lines continue to be astronomically high then I will continue to drop units on anyone who I think has a chance against him.

zY|
04-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Honestly I think Sonnen has little chance in reality. 5 round fights favor the more dynamic fighter, and that is Silva times a billion. Silva will probably try to be elusive and stay away with his footwork, which he's very good at doing. If Chael gets him down, which I do think is likely at some point, he likes to stay in guard and drop punches and elbows. He doesn't attempt to pass at all. Anderson Silva has a very dangerous guard to just be sitting in, whether it's from upkicks or submissions. Much more active than Nate Marquardt at least. I'd really be surprised if Chael was able to do that for 5 rounds straight without being KOd or submitted. The amount and potency of offense that Anderson Silva is capable of makes this an extreme longshot for Chael to endure in my opinion, especially considering he lacks the offense to consistently finish.

Luke
04-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Silva isnt going to lose to anyone at 185 .Your best bet at him losing is if he went up to fight Mir and then came back down betting against him once he has to cut all the weight he gained

If this goes to -375 I'm on Silva

zY|
04-15-2010, 09:18 PM
More gems from Sonnen.

The buildup to this fight is going to be spectacular.

-Was already slated to fight Silva next anyway

-To Dana: "I don't know what's going to happen (with his fight with Silva), but I promise there will be a fight"

- "I compare Anderson to Britney Spears. She shaved her head to get headlines. Britney Silva went up to 205, retired, etc. Nobody cares"

-"Watch him walk in a room. People come up to me with a pen and a pad, no one cares about him. BJ Penn sold out the Dubai fight, nobody cares about Anderson"

- "When my music hits and the doors close, the fight's on. I'm not going to dance, juke or jive. I will find him"

- "You know what you're getting (with SIlva). A guy who pretends he doesnt speak English, is a fantastic athlete, and acts like a fool. If you like that, go buy his t-shirt with the other two guys who like him."

- "I've beaten every champion of every company out there. I've lost ten seconds total of my fights combined. You ask me how I'm going to beat him, ask the other 25 guys in my way."

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/chael- ... n-1190070/ (http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/chael-sonnen-britney-silva-needs-attention-1190070/)

zY|
04-15-2010, 09:22 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/20r42g0.jpg

poopoo333
04-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Silva isnt going to lose to anyone at 185 .Your best bet at him losing is if he went up to fight Mir and then came back down betting against him once he has to cut all the weight he gained

He is -325 on Bookmaker

Luke
04-15-2010, 09:54 PM

He is -325 on Bookmaker

thats perfect ::thumbup::

That might end up being a 2 unit play at those odds

Thewiseman
04-15-2010, 11:39 PM
I will take two bets for this fight. One on Sonnen and one that he wins a decision. If he can get through the 1st two I think he takes it.

Luke
04-16-2010, 12:11 AM
I will take two bets for this fight. One on Sonnen (R-Or) and one that he wins a decision. If he can get through the 1st two I think he takes it.

you guys are nuts ::thumbdown::

zY|
04-16-2010, 12:27 AM
I will take two bets for this fight. One on Sonnen (R-Or) (R-Or) and one that he wins a decision. If he can get through the 1st two I think he takes it.

you guys are nuts ::thumbdown::
http://i41.tinypic.com/35mf5hd.jpg

Luke
04-16-2010, 12:45 AM
I'm not hating I'm just speaking the truth .We're all here to make money and betting Sonnen isnt going to win anyone money

SPX
04-16-2010, 12:47 AM
I'm not hating I'm just speaking the truth .We're all here to make money and betting Sonnen (R-Or) isnt going to win anyone money

But people said the same about Edgar. . .

Silva is not an invincible superhuman.

Luke
04-16-2010, 01:07 AM
I'm not hating I'm just speaking the truth .We're all here to make money and betting Sonnen (R-Or) (R-Or) isnt going to win anyone money

But people said the same about Edgar. . .

Silva is not an invincible superhuman.

I dont even like Silva but he'll win this fight easily .

I never said anything about BJ Penn was going to destroy Edgar nor did I bet it.I said Hughes was the best bet of the 3(Silva,Penn,Hughes)

Luke
04-16-2010, 01:08 AM
Silva is boring ,doesnt take chances and if afraid to get hit but when I think he'll win I'll bet him

SPX
04-16-2010, 01:09 AM
I never said anything about BJ Penn was going to destroy Edgar nor did I bet it.I said Hughes was the best bet of the 3(Silva,Penn,Hughes)

Maybe not you, but there's a reason Penn's line got all the way up to -1100 on Bodog. Almost no one gave Edgar a chance.

zY|
04-16-2010, 01:41 AM
I'm not hating I'm just speaking the truth .We're all here to make money and betting Sonnen (R-Or) isnt going to win anyone money

Gotten to.

Scroll up like 3 posts and you'll see my real thoughts.

Luke
04-16-2010, 02:20 AM
I'm not hating I'm just speaking the truth .We're all here to make money and betting Sonnen (R-Or) (R-Or) isnt going to win anyone money

Gotten to.

Scroll up like 3 posts and you'll see my real thoughts.

I dont see any thoughts,only a goofy picture and a goofy gif ::handshake::

Thewiseman
04-16-2010, 08:13 AM
Anderson will probably win, but Sonnen could ground him and do the same thing that he did to Nate M. Silva is better off of his back and could catch Chael, but I like a small play on Chael, but im gonna wait.

Luke
04-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Anderson will probably win, but Sonnen (R-Or) could ground him and do the same thing that he did to Nate M. Silva is better off of his back and could catch Chael, but I like a small play on Chael, but im gonna wait.

I dont think Chael's going to have as easy of a time taking Silva down as everyone else does.I think he may get him down once or twice but then from the 2nd round on he'll just contuine to try takedowns and get stuffed

Thewiseman
04-16-2010, 08:31 PM
I took Silva 7.2u to win 2u. I think there will be hedging opportinities later.

Luke
04-16-2010, 08:33 PM
I took Silva 7.2u to win 2u. I think there will be hedging opportinities later.

I would not worry about it

Mr. IWS
04-29-2010, 10:03 AM
Another pearl of wisdom from Sonnen

“People don’t care about him. He came out and said he’s gonna go heavyweight, no one cared. So he comes out and says well ‘I’m gonna go light heavyweight,’ no one cared. ‘Well I’m gonna retire.’ Good! Beat it, this is back page news, no one cares about you anyway. ‘Well I’m not gonna retire I’m gonna stick around.’ Or do that. Again, it doesn’t really matter, you’re a nuisance. So who cares, they go make the little action figures and the two little kids that bought em, are probably pretty upset, their parents probably thought it was Quinton Jackson when they bought it for them and the kids had a disappointing Christmas I would imagine.”

SPX
04-29-2010, 10:40 AM
So who cares, they go make the little action figures and the two little kids that bought em, are probably pretty upset, their parents probably thought it was Quinton Jackson when they bought it for them and the kids had a disappointing Christmas I would imagine.”

I laughed at this. . .

poopoo333
04-29-2010, 11:47 AM
When the hell is Sonnen going to be at +400?

Mr. IWS
04-29-2010, 01:14 PM
When the hell is Sonnen (R-Or) going to be at +400?

Hopefully Never.

zY|
04-29-2010, 01:52 PM
So who cares, they go make the little action figures and the two little kids that bought em, are probably pretty upset, their parents probably thought it was Quinton Jackson when they bought it for them and the kids had a disappointing Christmas I would imagine.”

I laughed at this. . .

Yeah. Latent racism is hilarious.

SPX
04-29-2010, 04:59 PM

What the fuck does it have to do with racism that they bought an Anderson Silva action figure thinking it was QJ, and the kids are disappointed because they didn't get QJ? Aren't they both black? And even if they weren't. . .

Wait. . . You're not one of those motherfuckers who screams RACIST! about everything are you?

Luke
04-29-2010, 05:11 PM

Racism ::lmao::

Your funny

zY|
04-29-2010, 07:17 PM
There was no sarcasm in my post. I thought that comment was amazing.

Ludo
04-29-2010, 08:01 PM
I don't personally think it's racist to confuse two stars of a sport you know nothing about(IE the parents in this case). It wouldn't be racist to unknowingly purchase an 'action figure' of shane mosley thinking it was floyd mayweather jr if you didn't know shit about boxing and honestly thought thats who it was. Racism is not an unconscious thing regardless of how many people would want to paint it. Just because someone doesn't have any friends who are black or spanish or indian or asian doesn't make them racist in the least. If someone uses racial slurs in a hateful manner or has broad stroke feelings toward those of an entire race/ethnicity that are unfounded then yes there is a racism issue. Comparing Anderson Silva to Quinton Jackson is not racist, especially in the context of an action figure. They don't look extremely dissimilar. It isn't like one has long hair and the other is bald, or one has a beard and the other doesn't. The only real difference someone who didn't know who they were could use to tell them apart in the toy section would be a giant chain and the tattoos really.

Luke
04-29-2010, 08:28 PM
I don't personally think it's racist to confuse two stars of a sport you know nothing about(IE the parents in this case). It wouldn't be racist to unknowingly purchase an 'action figure' of shane mosley thinking it was floyd mayweather jr if you didn't know shit about boxing and honestly thought thats who it was. Racism is not an unconscious thing regardless of how many people would want to paint it. Just because someone doesn't have any friends who are black or spanish or indian or asian doesn't make them racist in the least. If someone uses racial slurs in a hateful manner or has broad stroke feelings toward those of an entire race/ethnicity that are unfounded then yes there is a racism issue. Comparing Anderson Silva to Quinton Jackson is not racist, especially in the context of an action figure. They don't look extremely dissimilar. It isn't like one has long hair and the other is bald, or one has a beard and the other doesn't. The only real difference someone who didn't know who they were could use to tell them apart in the toy section would be a giant chain and the tattoos really.

^^^what he said

zY|
04-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Whatever. You guys totally misunderstand everything I say.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2po3zwm.gif

Luke
04-29-2010, 08:33 PM

http://i48.tinypic.com/2po3zwm.gif

What movie is that?

SPX
04-29-2010, 09:41 PM
When the hell is Sonnen (R-Or) going to be at +400?

I'm waiting on that, too.

Svino
04-29-2010, 09:43 PM

[Gasp] Are you an Anti-Dentite?

Ludo
04-29-2010, 10:36 PM
It isn't everyone else's fault if you don't say what you mean and mean what you say "ugugugugug".

Luke
04-29-2010, 10:50 PM

thats for sure .you basically speak a different language than the rest of us

Mr. IWS
04-30-2010, 08:37 AM
I understood what zY was saying. I got a chuckle out of Sonnens comment. Kid goes into the store, "hey, thats that black dude in the UFC, he is awesome!"

SPX
04-30-2010, 11:14 AM
I understood what zY was saying. I got a chuckle out of Sonnens comment. Kid goes into the store, "hey, thats that black dude in the UFC, he is awesome!"

Yeah, but it wasn't the kid who was in the store . . . it was the parents.

Mr. IWS
04-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Yeah, but it wasn't the kid who was in the store . . . it was the parents.

NINJA PLEASE!

SPX
04-30-2010, 11:18 AM
NINJA PLEASE!

Don't blame me if you can't read. . .

Mr. IWS
04-30-2010, 11:20 AM
NINJA PLEASE!

Don't blame me if you can't read. . .

I meant the parent. My bad.

Luke
05-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Tim Boetsch vs. Thiago Silva on this card also now

zY|
05-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Silva should win that. Part of me longs for Boetsch to hercules throw him against the cage though. Silva gets thrown around in most of his fights. Maybe we'll see it here.

Mr. IWS
05-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Part of me longs for Boetsch to hercules throw him against the cage though.\

OMG, still one of the best "holy shit" moments since Ive been watching MMA. That shit had us laughing for like an hour.

ManBoobKilla
05-03-2010, 07:19 PM
This IMO is a give me fight for Silva. He should have no problem here

Mr. IWS
05-04-2010, 08:29 AM

Welcome to the forum man. Death to man boobs everywhere!

ManBoobKilla
05-04-2010, 10:40 AM

Welcome to the forum man. Death to man boobs everywhere!

Haha!! Ya thanks man.

poopoo333
05-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Guida vs Dos Anjos has been added

SPX
05-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Nice! That should be a damn good fight. Hard to pick a winner there. I wonder what the odds are gonna look like. Probably gotta take Guida if it's close but if Dos Anjos is a big dog then I'll be on him.

poopoo333
05-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Nice! That should be a damn good fight. Hard to pick a winner there. I wonder what the odds are gonna look like. Probably gotta take Guida if it's close but if Dos Anjos is a big dog then I'll be on him.

-115/-115 is my guess. OR something similar

SPX
05-07-2010, 11:40 AM
-115/-115 is my guess. OR something similar

Maybe. But Dos Anjos has a history of being undervalued. I mean, he opened at +185 against Etim and he was also a dog against Emerson. I think Guida will be at least a small favorite.

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 11:44 AM
I think Guida will be a favorite. I will again be riding the Dos Anjos money train.

SPX
05-07-2010, 11:47 AM
I think Guida will be a favorite. I will again be riding the Dos Anjos money train.

How do you see that fight going down?

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Guida trying to get top control, Dos Anjos creating scrambles trying to sweep or submit him. Dos Anjos winning the standup exchanges. I think it will look a lot like Dos Anjos' fight with Tyson Griffin. It will be very competitive IMO. Guida may win, but I really think he will open as a favorite.

poopoo333
05-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Nelson vs JDS in talks.

MMA_scientist
05-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Nelson vs JDS in talks.

I might have to abandon the Nelson gravy train if that comes to fruitition. Although, I would still take him @ +200.

Luke
05-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Nelson vs JDS in talks.

No more talks looks to be a done deal

It appears that heavyweight Cheick Kongo has been forced out of his UFC 116 scrap with Junior dos Santos due to a back injury. Although the contest was never officially announced, the organization has already moved on and will now pit the talented Brazilian against Roy Big Country” Nelson at UFC 117 on August 7th.

MMAJunkie.com confirmed with a source close to the situation today that at least one of the fighters has verbally committed to the showdown.

Nelson owns a respectable 15-4 overall record, however is a perfect 2-0 since entering the UFC. The 33-year-old was last seen putting 6-foot-11 Stefan Struve to sleep at “UFC on Versus” in March.

Although Nelson looked impressive in his 1stRound knockout of Brendan Schaub to capture “The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights” tournament and the six-figure UFC contract, “Big Country” legitimized his status as a potential contender with the 33 second knockout of the talented Struve.

Speaking of 1stRoud knockouts, dos Santos disposed of former top contender Gabriel Gonzaga that same evening in Broomfield, Colorado. The win bumped his record to a dominant 11-1, however what’s most impressive is that he’s finished in all five of his Octagon outings.

Dos Santos also knocked out the aforementioned Struve at UFC 95 this past February.

UFC 117 takes place inside the EnergySolutions Arena in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is believed that a middleweight title scrap between champ Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen will headline the pay-per-view broadcast.

Here are the fighters rumored/slated to compete in the night’s event:

Clay Guida vs. Rafael dos Anjos
Dennis Hallman vs. Ben Saunders
Thiago Silva vs. Tim Boetsch
Matt Hughes vs. Ricardo Almeida
Jon Fitch vs. Thiago Alves
Chael Sonnen vs. Anderson Silva (UFC Middleweight Championship)

SPX
05-10-2010, 12:27 PM
UFC 117 takes place inside the EnergySolutions Arena in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Holy shit. Very interesting.

Last I heard we were getting UFC on Versus 2, not a full on PPV. If we're getting 117 then that is pimp.

MMA_scientist
05-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Great card. I didn't know about Hughes/Almeida. Hughes is on a retirement tour of favorable matchups.

Luke
05-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Great card.
I didn't know about Hughes/Almeida. Hughes is on a retirement tour of favorable matchups.

Sorry i've been slacking lately ::handshake::

zY|
05-10-2010, 12:46 PM
UFC 117 takes place inside the EnergySolutions Arena in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Holy shit. Very interesting.

Last I heard we were getting UFC on Versus 2, not a full on PPV. If we're getting 117 then that is pimp.

You going?

SPX
05-10-2010, 12:48 PM
You going?

Hell yeah. No way a UFC comes here and I don't go.

I've lived in 3 other cities that hosted UFCs--Memphis, Dallas, Minneapolis--but the UFC always came AFTER I had moved onto other places.

zY|
05-10-2010, 12:51 PM
You going?

Hell yeah. No way a UFC comes here and I don't go.

I've lived in 3 other cities that hosted UFCs--Memphis, Dallas, Minneapolis--but the UFC always came AFTER I had moved onto other places.

You better. 107 in Memphis was so baller. You get a title fight too.

poopoo333
05-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Fitch:-108, Alves: -122

I was on Alves when they were supposed to fight at 111, but now I think I will be on Fitch.

SPX
05-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Interesting.

I'm gonna hang back and see what happens, because I bet on Fitch too early last time and he moved all the way to something like +130.

poopoo333
05-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Interesting.

I'm gonna hang back and see what happens, because I bet on Fitch too early last time and he moved all the way to something like +130.

Good move. Fitch is at even already.

Anyways:
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/5/10/14 ... e#comments (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/5/10/1466792/just-days-after-both-were#comments)

I called it. Beltran vs Mitrione in the works.

Luke
05-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Interesting.

Good move. Fitch is at even already.

Anyways:
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/5/10/14 ... e#comments (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/5/10/1466792/just-days-after-both-were#comments)

I called it. Beltran vs Mitrione in the works.

I will not bet that fight

poopoo333
05-10-2010, 10:33 PM
I concur.

SPX
05-10-2010, 10:34 PM
I concur.

Your mom concurs.

poopoo333
05-10-2010, 10:35 PM
I concur.

Your mom concurs.

So does your dad when he pays me $69 to film him 69ing your mom.

SPX
05-10-2010, 10:41 PM

LOL.

Touche.

Just sucks for you that your dad is more in the habit of 69ing your brother.

poopoo333
05-10-2010, 10:41 PM

LOL.

Touche.

Just sucks for you that your dad is more in the habit of 69ing your brother.

I don't have a brother, so he 69s me so I can get my allowance.

SPX
05-10-2010, 10:42 PM

Okay. . .

poopoo333
05-10-2010, 10:43 PM

Okay. . .

I knew I could go weird/far enough to make you stop.

SPX
05-10-2010, 10:44 PM
I knew I could go weird/far enough to make you stop.

Only until we meet again. . .

poopoo333
05-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Anyways, Hughes or Almeida? Who will win?

SPX
05-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Probably Hughes, but I hope Almeida subs his ass like a Subway sandwich artist. . .

SPX
05-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Well fuck, now they're saying this shit's going down in Oakland.

Looks like we're getting UFC on Versus 2, after all.

zY|
05-11-2010, 12:26 AM

Gay

Luke
05-11-2010, 12:37 AM

Just go and pretend you're at UFC 117 .

SPX
05-11-2010, 12:44 AM
Just go and pretend you're at UFC 117 .

The gayness is that it looks like this UFC on Versus is being treated more like a Fight Night than the first one was. No JDS, or Guida, or Kongo or any of that shit.

This one does look like it's going to have some good fights, though:

Jon Jones vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
Joe Stevenson vs. Takanori Gomi
Mark Munoz vs. Yushin Okami
John Howard vs. Jake Ellenberger
James Irvin vs. Igor Pokrajac
DaMarques Johnson vs. Matthew Riddle
Brian Stann vs. Mike Massenzio
Rob Kimmons vs. Gerald Harris

Thewiseman
05-14-2010, 01:37 PM
I am putting 25u on Jon Jones at -600 or better

Ludo
05-14-2010, 02:24 PM
I wouldn't, Wiseman, Word from Jones is he hasn't been in the gym now for over a month and a half. At this stage in his career if he doesn't train alot more regularly than that he just might find himself on the other end of the Janitor fight, the losing side.

http://www.cagepotato.com/tidbit-day-jo ... og-ufc-114 (http://www.cagepotato.com/tidbit-day-jon-jones-turned-down-fight-lil-nog-ufc-114)

SPX
05-14-2010, 02:34 PM
^^^^ Interesting that Jones was offered the fight with Lil' Nog.

I had not heard that.

Thewiseman
05-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Yeah, how can the Janitor win though? I havent seen many of his fights. I know he usually wrestles guys, but what about his striking?

SPX
05-14-2010, 03:33 PM
His striking's not particularly sophisticated, but he hits hard.

Jones should win, but I wouldn't take his ass at any -600.

poopoo333
05-14-2010, 03:35 PM
The odds will be outrageous on this fight. If anything, I will take the Janitor for 0.25u.

Mr. IWS
05-14-2010, 03:51 PM
^^^^ Interesting that Jones was offered the fight with Lil' Nog.

I had not heard that.

Was just coming to post about that. I read it in Ioles column

Why Brilz?
I am super-excited about Rampage Jackson and Rashad Evans at UFC 114. Personally, I believe Evans is too quick for Rampage and he can outwrestle him. Who do you believe will win? Also I have a gripe about the replacement fighter for Forrest Griffin on that card. Jason Brilz? Honestly? This guy lost to Eliot Marshall. While the match has huge upside for Brilz, it has huge downside for fans who wanted to see Antonio Rogerio Nogueira showcase his talent against top contenders. Could the UFC not get a better replacement? Thiago Silva and Jon Jones would have been much better replacements if they would have been willing to fight.
Nate
Riverside, Calif.
Jon Jones turned down the fight because he hasn’t been in the gym since his win over Brandon Vera. Thiago Silva, Ryan Bader and Vera are injured and not ready. Brilz is coming off a win over Eric Schafer, is 18-2-1 and is 13-1-1 in his last 15. Plus, Nogueira was contractually owed a fight and no one else was available. And do you think the UFC wouldn’t want to make the best possible fight? It’s trying to sell, so do you think it wants to put a fight on people wouldn’t be interested in? I don’t.

Ludo
05-14-2010, 03:57 PM
the Janitor's striking isn't exactly Technical, if I had to compare him to someone I'd say he's the Jeremy Stephens of the Light Heavyweight division. His chin is good, and he hits like a mule. He may be on the downside of his career but make no mistake Vladmir is game.

poopoo333
05-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Johnny Hendricks/Charlie Brenneman has been announced.

MMA_scientist
05-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Johnny Hendricks/Charlie Brenneman has been announced.

I will be cashing in on Hendricks yet again.

When are they going to let Hendricks fight someone?

poopoo333
06-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Thoughts on Fitch/Alves?

zY|
06-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Favor Alves slightly. I think he'll punish Fitch with leg kicks, sprawl him out, and punch him in the head. The other outcome is that Alves gets Fitched, but I don't think so. The line looks about right to me.

poopoo333
06-13-2010, 05:21 PM
A little theory about this fight I have is that ring rust will affect Alves, and he was looking heavy recently in one of those vids of him at the doctors office. Maybe he got too heavy and will have a harder cut?

Ludo
06-13-2010, 05:44 PM
I don't see Fitch losing. He's durable as fuck and Alves will likely spend most of the fight either on his back getting stalled or being pressed against the cage and doing no damage. honestly all this time away from the octagon while Fitch has been running through guys and staying in fight shape will probably lead Alves to gas at Fitch's pace at which point Fitch will jump on his back and rape him for the win.

Fitch by Prison Movie Shower Technique

AC88
06-13-2010, 07:28 PM
I see Fitch-Alves going for Fitch totally.

Thewiseman
06-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Fitch wins UD.

Thewiseman
06-13-2010, 08:07 PM
2u on Fitch @+115

AC88
06-13-2010, 08:29 PM
So far I've got Almeida and Fitch. I have a feeling I will be putting down good money on them.

Also, I expect Silva over Boetsch by domination but I doubt I will get good value on that bet and if Boetsch is a really good wrestler, this fight could end up as a close upset like Nog/Brilz. No bet on that one.

zY|
06-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Ring rust could definitely be a factor, and getting Fitch at + money against any WW not named GSP doesn't sound like a bad bet to me. Still, I think Alves takes it via being more dynamic and having more effective offense.

Mr. IWS
06-14-2010, 08:53 AM
Fitch by Prison Movie Shower Technique

LOL, I agree.

Svino
06-14-2010, 12:21 PM
OK, how would you compare the following three guys at WW:

Matt Hughes, Jon Fitch, Jake Shields?

poopoo333
06-14-2010, 12:24 PM

1.Fitch
2.Shields
3.Hughes

Svino
06-14-2010, 12:39 PM

1.Fitch
2.Shields
3.Hughes

Yeah, I think that's the consensus. My follow up would be: Are the gaps between these fighters as large as people seem to think? and then "How much can we learn about Alves/Fitch from Alves/Hughes?"

poopoo333
06-14-2010, 12:42 PM

1.Fitch
2.Shields
3.Hughes

Yeah, I think that's the consensus. My follow up would be: Are the gaps between these fighters as large as people seem to think? and then "How much can we learn about Alves/Fitch from Alves/Hughes?"

Umm, Hughes wasn't as aggressive as I think Fitch will be with TDs, and when Hughes couldn't get him down right away, he went ahead and pulled guard. That is all I can think of right now.

Thewiseman
06-14-2010, 01:22 PM
I dont even think you can compare Hughes and Fitch at this point in thier careers. Fitch has decent striking to go along with his takedowns, Hughes standup is horrible.

MMA_scientist
06-14-2010, 02:31 PM
I think Hughes would give some problems to Fitch and Shields. I actually think he might beat Shields.

In terms of overall ability:

Fitch is #1 because he has striking and a chin to go along with his wrestling and GJJ
Shields is #2 because he is younger and has more juice on his shot. But his striking might be worse than Matt's.
Hughes is #3 because he is losing his takedown ability. Prime Hughes would beat Shields IMO. I think he might still be able to put him on his back where he is not dangerous at all.

poopoo333
06-16-2010, 02:41 PM
Just watched Sonnen/Marquardt. I never realized how good Sonnen looked in that fight. He was on Marquardt like white on rice.

Mr. IWS
06-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Just watched Sonnen/Marquardt. I never realized how good Sonnen (R-Or) looked in that fight. He was on Marquardt like white on rice.

I know. That shit was brutal to watch. I lost my ass on Nate that fight.

SPX
06-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Sonnen fucked him up.

God do I wish Nate had gotten that guillotine . . . but I'm also kind of excited to see Sonnen/Silva.

poopoo333
06-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Sonnen (R-Or) fucked him up.

God do I wish Nate had gotten that guillotine . . . but I'm also kind of excited to see Sonnen/Silva.

Sonnen is going to win

Mr. IWS
06-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Sonnen (R-Or) is going to win

::jaydrop::

ManBoobKilla
06-16-2010, 03:22 PM
am I the only one that thinks that Shields would beat Fitch?

Mr. IWS
06-16-2010, 03:23 PM
If I were betting that, I would probably bet Fitch, but I wouldnt be suprised at all if Shields won.

MMA_scientist
06-16-2010, 03:46 PM
I think Fitch would whup Jake's ass.

Jake's game is totally dependent upon him having top position. I think Fitch would put him on his back, stuff his takedown attempts, and beat him on his feet.

Luke
06-16-2010, 03:52 PM

Sonnen (R-Or) is going to win

You are crazy

poopoo333
06-16-2010, 05:11 PM

Sonnen (R-Or) (R-Or) is going to win

You are crazy

Anderson has 5 rounds to catch a submission, Chael has 5 rounds to avoid a submission. I don't like how Chael gets comfortable in the guard, and in Silva's guard Chael will probably get caught in a triangle. But when the line hits +400, I will be on Chael. He has a wrestler's chance, and lately the wrestler's chance has been paying off better then the puncher's chance.

zY|
06-16-2010, 06:30 PM
I'm not even convinced in Chael's ability to consistently get takedowns. Sure if he gets his hands on him Silva is going down and he'll likely get 1 or 2, but Silva is faster and his takedown defense revolves around effective footwork. I see Sonnen having real problems getting in close enough to put his hands on him. He's going to get blasted eventually. His best chance is to get Anderson down early, and put such a beating on him in the first round that he wears down, gets tired, and loses speed, power, and confidence. I don't find this likely considering that Chael doesn't even try to pass guard and Anderson is great at minimizing damage from guard. It just seems like overall a terrible style matchup for Mr. Sonnen.

Luke
06-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Sonnen has more time to prepare for his fight now .He's out of the state representative's race:

Chael Sonnen no longer has to worry about his words coming back to haunt him in politics.

The middleweight contender has dropped his bid for a state representative's seat in Oregon, according to Fight magazine. Sonnen, who won the Republican primary last month for his district, cited a case related to his day job as a realtor:

[quote:2bk9lgpu]"A 2006 legal issue has arisen that needs my immediate attention. I am not at liberty to disclose the details, but my name was involved in a real estate case that requires a ruling. If the ruling is adverse, I would be disqualified from running for office until 2011. So, given that possibility, I have chosen to withdraw my name as a candidate in 2010."

Sonnen was already drawing heat for pre-fight hype ahead of his Aug. 7 bout with middleweight champion Anderson Silva at UFC 117.

Reporters in Oregon questioned Sonnen about comments issued through a Twitter account associated with him. A writer for the left-leaning Huffington Post criticized Sonnen for tweets jokingly describing Silva's manager, Ed Soares, as a primitive pagan:

"Ed [a Brazilian American MMA manager], pray to whatever Demon effigy you prance and dance in front of with your piglet tribe of savages that I decide not to crucify you"
Although Sonnen said the Twitter account was not his, a local alternative news weekly, Willamette Week, accused him of lying about it.

The political race in November might have been a close one, given that Democrats hold only a slight edge in voter registrations in Sonnen's district. Now he just has to work on living up to the trash talk that he's been hurling Silva's way since last year. [/quote:2bk9lgpu]

SPX
06-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Interesting.

Oh well, he's a fighter first . . . or at least he should be. Fuck politics.

Luke
06-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Interesting.

Oh well, he's a fighter first . . . or at least he should be. Fuck politics.

fuck your mom

SPX
06-16-2010, 06:40 PM
fuck your mom

(I) fuck(ed) your mom (last night.)

Luke
06-16-2010, 06:43 PM
(I) fuck(ed) your mom (last night.)

Sorry ::handshake::

Are you ok?

SPX
06-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Sorry ::handshake::

Are you ok?

I'm a masochist, so it was great.

zY|
06-16-2010, 06:50 PM
You jackasses totally buried my awesome fight breakdown.

SPX
06-16-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm not even convinced in Chael's ability to consistently get takedowns. Sure if he gets his hands on him Silva is going down and he'll likely get 1 or 2, but Silva is faster and his takedown defense revolves around effective footwork. I see Sonnen (R-Or) having real problems getting in close enough to put his hands on him. He's going to get blasted eventually. His best chance is to get Anderson down early, and put such a beating on him in the first round that he wears down, gets tired, and loses speed, power, and confidence. I don't find this likely considering that Chael doesn't even try to pass guard and Anderson is great at minimizing damage from guard. It just seems like overall a terrible style matchup for Mr. Sonnen.

This is an awesome fight breakdown.

No, seriously. . . I think you are more than likely correct, but I nevertheless give Chael a shot. He surprised everyone against Marquardt, so let the man have his shot.

MMA_scientist
06-16-2010, 06:57 PM
Zy, I agree.

Sonnen is going to get his ass whupped. He is worse than Dan in every way, except the gas tank.

Not sold on Sonnen. He had a good string of favorable matchups.

sbjj
06-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Come on now. Worse than Dan in every way. Sonnen goes in there and gets takedowns. He does not go in there and just wildly throw right hands. No way in hell Dan is better than Sonnen. Sonnen would put Dan on his back with ease.

You honestly believe Dan would put Okami and Nate on their backs the way Sonnen did.

poopoo333
06-16-2010, 07:10 PM
I watched Sonnen's recent fights today, and he seems to get better in each fight. I think Sonnen knows he is going to have to take some damage to get inside and get the takedown, and I think he is going to come out fast like he has been doing and get in Silva's face before trying to put him on his back. I think Silva will gas if Sonnen can wrestle him for at least 2 rounds.

sbjj
06-16-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm a bit new here, but I have a feeling these posts are very familier to the ones leading up to the Nate-Chael fight. With many not giving Sonnen a chance at beating Nate.

poopoo333
06-16-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm a bit new here, but I have a feeling these posts are very familier to the ones leading up to the Nate-Chael fight. With many not giving Sonnen (R-Or) a chance at beating Nate.

Yeah that was us. We lost money. All of us.

sbjj
06-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Was that serious, or sarcastic. Was there not anyone on Sonnen at those dog odds?

SPX
06-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Sonnen (R-Or) would put Dan on his back with ease.

I agree. If Shields can do it, then Chael can for damn sure do it.

SPX
06-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Was there not anyone on Sonnen (R-Or) at those dog odds?

No.

That night was like the holocaust. And we were the Jews.

poopoo333
06-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Was that serious, or sarcastic. Was there not anyone on Sonnen (R-Or) at those dog odds?

Well the term "Marquardt'd" is thrown around here when everyone agrees on one fighter and he loses...I am serious.

sbjj
06-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Damn. Sorry. Hope it is not done again. No way in hell I touch Silve @ his price. I think Sonnen is a solid play @ his price though.

sbjj
Silva

MMA_scientist
Come on now. Worse than Dan in every way. Sonnen (R-Or) goes in there and gets takedowns. He does not go in there and just wildly throw right hands. No way in hell Dan is better than Sonnen. Sonnen (R-Or) would put Dan on his back with ease.

You honestly believe Dan would put Okami and Nate on their backs the way Sonnen (R-Or) did.

Dan is a better and more accomplished wrestler than Chael. He doesn't go for the takedown because that is not how he fights, he likes to land the right hand.

If you think there is "no way in hell" Dan is better than Chael, you have an extremely short memory or you watched your first fight 18 months ago. Up until he lost to Rampage, Hendo was in Silva's spot on the PFP list.

Dan is a better wrestler with better striking and better submission defense. Sonnen likes to get subbed. He can't beat anyone that can play guard at all.

The talk was similar around the Nate fight, but that was because we thought Nate's takedown defense would be better.

SPX
Silva

You could've just edited it. . .

MMA_scientist
06-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Not only did we all like Marquart, we all thought he had a lot of value.

I got him @ -270 or so, and I thought I was a genius.

I wouldn't have laid -400 like some of you guys did.

sbjj
06-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Come on now. Worse than Dan in every way. Sonnen (R-Or) (R-Or) goes in there and gets takedowns. He does not go in there and just wildly throw right hands. No way in hell Dan is better than Sonnen. Sonnen (R-Or) (R-Or) would put Dan on his back with ease.

You honestly believe Dan would put Okami and Nate on their backs the way Sonnen (R-Or) (R-Or) did.

Dan is a better and more accomplished wrestler than Chael. He doesn't go for the takedown because that is not how he fights, he likes to land the right hand.

If you think there is "no way in hell" Dan is better than Chael, you have an extremely short memory or you watched your first fight 18 months ago. Up until he lost to Rampage, Hendo was in Silva's spot on the PFP list.

Dan is a better wrestler with better striking and better submission defense. Sonnen (R-Or) likes to get subbed. He can't beat anyone that can play guard at all.

The talk was similar around the Nate fight, but that was because we thought Nate's takedown defense would be better.

The fact that you think Dan is a better wrestler than Sonnen at the moment because of credentials earned years, if not decades ago shows much about your argument. I guess Fitch, Kos, and 80% of the UFC WW are better wrestlers than GSP also.

I guess you are also blind to the fact that Chael is fastly improving as a fighter, especially is seb def. and just his toughness(in order to hang in there and not tap). You might just be wrong 3 times in a row now with Chael, but then you can always go back and bring up Maia. As I am sure you thought Chael would lose all of his previous fights.

And i stand by my post that there is no way in hell that Dan is better than Sonnen at this time. And a fight between the two would be brutal for Dan, as he would get pounded on the entire fight while on his back.

sbjj
06-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Not only did we all like Marquart, we all thought he had a lot of value.

I got him @ -270 or so, and I thought I was a genius.

I wouldn't have laid -400 like some of you guys did.

I bet small on Sonnen, and was almost alone on another website also. But it hardly mattered, as the event as a whole was close to break even. I gues the Sonnen bet helped me break even at least.

zY|
06-16-2010, 07:31 PM
I'm a bit new here, but I have a feeling these posts are very familier to the ones leading up to the Nate-Chael fight. With many not giving Sonnen (R-Or) a chance at beating Nate.

Fair point, but go watch that fight again. Nate had pretty much the worst strategy known to man. Silva is going to do what he always does. On top of that, the momentum was shifting at the end of the 3rd round imo, and Nate was doing some good work and many thought he stole the round. Had it gone 2 more rounds I'm not sure how it would've gone.

He surprised everyone against Marquardt, so let the man have his shot.

No doubt. I'm definitely looking forward to it. I just don't fancy his chances.

poopoo333
06-16-2010, 07:32 PM
As I am sure you thought Chael would lose all of his previous fights.

Pretty sure Scientist had money on Chael over Okami.

zY|
06-16-2010, 07:33 PM
I think Chael would whoop Dan as well. For as accomplished a wrestler as Dan is, his defensive wrestling is absolutely putrid. Like getting taken down a million times by guys like Shields and Ninja Rua.

sbjj
06-16-2010, 07:37 PM
Zy, Silva might be easier to take down than Nate. Think about your guys arguments here. You give Sonnen no credit. You just say Nate had a bad gameplan and bad TDD. Where is your proof? Maybe Sonnen just has the best damn takedowns in the MW division. After all, he also took down Okami, does he also have bad TDD? MMA Scientists said Sonnen can not play in anyones guard(anyone with a legit guard) But my belief is that Ntae has a wicked guard, but that Chael has improved his top game, and is just a much gritier fighter now than he was years ago.

If you think Silva is going to be harder to takedown than Yushin or Nate, I think many of you are in for one more surprise.

zY|
06-16-2010, 07:38 PM
I just hope we get at least one gif-worthy moment where Sonnen catches a kick or something and just manhandles Silva to the mat.

poopoo333
06-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Zy, Silva might be easier to take down than Nate. Think about your guys arguments here. You give Sonnen (R-Or) no credit. You just say Nate had a bad gameplan and bad TDD. Where is your proof? Maybe Sonnen (R-Or) just has the best damn takedowns in the MW division. After all, he also took down Okami, does he also have bad TDD? MMA Scientists said Sonnen (R-Or) can not play in anyones guard(anyone with a legit guard) But my belief is that Ntae has a wicked guard, but that Chael has improved his top game, and is just a much gritier fighter now than he was years ago.

If you think Silva is going to be harder to takedown than Yushin or Nate, I think many of you are in for one more surprise.

I agree. Nate actually said he didn't stick to his gameplan, so he didn't really have a bad gameplan. BUT, the reason why he didn't stick to his gameplan is because Chael was able to quickly get inside and get the TD, and remain stuck to Marquardt wherever he went. I am being literal when I say "stuck", Marquardt got 2 inches of space and Chael would go right back on him. However...Chael also played in Dan' Miller's guard, but he was almost subbed three times; he also played in Filho's guard and was finally caught in an armbar. I think Chael is aware that his sub defense sucks, and I am sure he is working on it.

zY|
06-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Zy, Silva might be easier to take down than Nate. Think about your guys arguments here. You give Sonnen (R-Or) no credit. You just say Nate had a bad gameplan and bad TDD. Where is your proof? Maybe Sonnen (R-Or) just has the best damn takedowns in the MW division. After all, he also took down Okami, does he also have bad TDD? MMA Scientists said Sonnen (R-Or) can not play in anyones guard(anyone with a legit guard) But my belief is that Ntae has a wicked guard, but that Chael has improved his top game, and is just a much gritier fighter now than he was years ago.

I explained why I think he'll be harder to take down, and it's not traditional wrestling takedown defense.

There's no denying Sonnen has great takedowns. He probably does have the best takedowns at MW.

My proof of Nate having a shit gameplan is him standing up straight trying to throw flying knees and shit at Sonnen over and over when he knows Chael is just going to change levels and take him down. It's like he wasn't even trying to defend takedowns. He was going for a homerun every time he stood up. Whether that's a bad gameplan or just piss poor execution is in the eye of the beholder, but Silva will be far more composed.

Still, even if Sonnen manages to take Silva down easily, doing it for 5 rounds without getting knocked out or submitted is a tall fucking order.

MMA_scientist
06-16-2010, 07:57 PM

I had a bet on Chael as a dog to beat Okami- because he was fighting a slightly worse wrestler. When 2 guys are good at the same thing, but one guy is a little better, its an easy pick.

I thought Chael would have a tought fight with Miller, I didn't bet it, but I thought it would be close.

I did bet on Maia to beat Sonnen, per my bjj > wrestling criteria. I won't say I expected Maia to ragdoll him though. I thougt he would jump guard.

I thought Nate would beat him, but I overestimated Nate's TD defense and ability to stand up. Sonnen has been subbed by the last 2 guys who were guard players (Maia and Filho). He did get by Creduer in 2006 but was then subbed by the next 2 guard players he fought- Horn amd Babalu (how many times does Horn have to sub him from his back- apparently 3) He is older now and is on a (gasp) three fight win streak. So do I think he suddenly just got magically better after 32 fights while training with the same camp with the same sparring partners and working part time? No, no I don't.

He is the same old Sonnen. He had a 5 fight win streak a few years back. He has been facing guys that match up well with him, just as he did the last time he went on a streak.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked if he beat Silva. But he sure as hell won't be finishing him... so Silva will have 25 minutes to figure out how to land one punch or knee or triangle. I do not think Sonnen will be able to be mistake free against someone with offense as dynamic as Anderson's.

As for Nate having a good guard... no. He hasn't subbed someone from guard in 10 years. I don't recall him sweeping anyone in the modern era. I thought he would stand up.

Svino
06-16-2010, 09:05 PM
I haven't bet anything on Sonnen vs. Silva yet, but I will probably bet on Sonnen, especially if the line improves. Sonnen has been given good matchups lately; I think if he fought Maia, Maia would beat him again. However, for the reasons several people have pointed out, Silva is also a pretty good matchup. The odds that Sonnen can LnP Silva are probably worth what Vegas is offering. Just to point something out: Sonnen doesn't need to control Silva for 25 min, he only needs to control him for 15 (maybe even as low as 9, 3 min in each of three rounds, if he doesn't get too blasted on the feet.) However, Silva does have a potent weapon in takedown defense that should not be overlooked: timidity. He may be able to stay far outside and pick his shots against a guy who is desperate to rush in on him.

Luke
06-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Yeah that was us. We lost money. All of us.

Speak for yourself I didnt have a dime on Nate lol

Luke
06-16-2010, 09:27 PM
Sonnen backers=wasting there money imo .

Ever since Edgar-Penn people are trying to find the next huge upset. This isnt it move on

SPX
06-16-2010, 09:37 PM
Sonnen (R-Or) backers=wasting there money imo .

Ever since Edgar-Penn people are trying to find the next huge upset. This isnt it move on

I'll take him at +400.

Luke
06-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Sonnen (R-Or) backers=wasting there money imo .

I'll take him at +400.

When it comes time for UFC 117 I'll give you +400

I dont even think Sonnen can win 1 out of 10 times.

I rarely bet anything over -300 unless I think its a lock and I'll be betting Silva in this one .

Svino
06-16-2010, 09:49 PM
Sonnen really does seem to be going nuts, though. Referencing his twitter account, then denying it was his several times, only to reference it again a little later? Claiming he was never beaten at MW? I wonder how much of a toll this "2006 legal issue" is taking on his sanity.

Luke
06-16-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm wondering what the legal issue is

Thewiseman
06-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Was that serious, or sarcastic. Was there not anyone on Sonnen (R-Or) at those dog odds?
I took Sonnen by dec @+500 for a unit.

Thewiseman
06-17-2010, 11:45 AM

I am really torn on this fight. On one hand , I see Sonnen getting the take down and mauling Silva, Silva gasses, and he keeps it up for 5 rds. But its also hard to see him doing it for 5 rds without getting KO'd or subbed. Silva is getting better with using his footwork to avoid the TD. I currently have Silva 7.2u @-360, but I took that knowing I can hedge if I want. I do think Sonnen is the best wrestler @ middleweight. And I dont think Nate has a wicked guard. I was also on Sonnen vs Okami for 2u.

sbjj
06-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Scientist, so Nate has a crappy guard because he has not subbed someone from it in 10 years. Besides Chael, who has had Nate on his back for more than 15 seconds. Come on man. ONCE AGAIN, Nate does not have bad TDD. He was just put on his back by a VERY good MMA wrestler who would not be denied the takedown.

The Sonnen that was tapped earlier in his carreer would have tapped against Nate also. Fighters do improve. Weird to see a guy being judged on fights that happened years ago, but most recent fights just being ignored.

BTW Scientists, you now say that Nate is a favorable matchup for Chael, but that is in hindsight. that way you can never be wrong, you can always just explain it away. I'm also not looking at this as a pick em, because it is not. IMO, Chael @ big dog odds is the wise play here. Any bettor can play -300 or -400 guys. But those guys eventually get themselves in trouble.

Scientist, you also say that you would not be surprised to see Chael beat him. Well, then hell, the argument is over...We agree, Chael is a good bet at big dog odds.

sbjj
06-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Actually, if we are going back into ancient history...Go watch some of Nates earlier fights....much earlier, he actually has a good guard game.

SPX
06-17-2010, 01:24 PM
Weird to see a guy being judged on fights that happened years ago, but most recent fights just being ignored.

I think Chael losing to Maia has a lot to do with the notion of Chael's lack of sub defense continuing to propagate unto the present day.

zY|
06-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Why so adversarial? Pretty clearly you're infringing on my territory here.

sbjj
06-17-2010, 01:27 PM
Zy, Silva might be easier to take down than Nate. Think about your guys arguments here. You give Sonnen (R-Or) (R-Or) no credit. You just say Nate had a bad gameplan and bad TDD. Where is your proof? Maybe Sonnen (R-Or) (R-Or) just has the best damn takedowns in the MW division. After all, he also took down Okami, does he also have bad TDD? MMA Scientists said Sonnen (R-Or) (R-Or) can not play in anyones guard(anyone with a legit guard) But my belief is that Ntae has a wicked guard, but that Chael has improved his top game, and is just a much gritier fighter now than he was years ago.

I am really torn on this fight. On one hand , I see Sonnen (R-Or) getting the take down and mauling Silva, Silva gasses, and he keeps it up for 5 rds. But its also hard to see him doing it for 5 rds without getting KO'd or subbed. Silva is getting better with using his footwork to avoid the TD. I currently have Silva 7.2u @-360, but I took that knowing I can hedge if I want. I do think Sonnen (R-Or) is the best wrestler @ middleweight. And I dont think Nate has a wicked guard. I was also on Sonnen (R-Or) vs Okami for 2u.

Wiseman, just because you have not seen it, does not mean he does not have it. Nate worked guard in some of his earlier fights, before he became a beast. Kinda reminds me of the people he think GSP's striking stinks because he is not stopping dudes with strikes anymore. Why the hell would Nate work guard, when he can take dudes down and smash them. BUT, he did work guard early in his carreer when he needed to.

sbjj
06-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Weird to see a guy being judged on fights that happened years ago, but most recent fights just being ignored.

I think Chael losing to Maia has a lot to do with the notion of Chael's lack of sub defense continuing to propagate unto the present day.

I agree, but I think it was more of a case of Chael just getting surprised. I think that was one of the sweetest subs eva.

sbjj
06-17-2010, 01:36 PM
I think the legal issue has to do with a real estate deal of sorts. I think I read that somewhere. Whitewater type thing.

Thewiseman
06-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Zy, Silva might be easier to take down than Nate. Think about your guys arguments here. You give Sonnen (R-Or) (R-Or) (R-Or) no credit. You just say Nate had a bad gameplan and bad TDD. Where is your proof? Maybe Sonnen (R-Or) (R-Or) (R-Or) just has the best damn takedowns in the MW division. After all, he also took down Okami, does he also have bad TDD? MMA Scientists said Sonnen (R-Or) (R-Or) (R-Or) can not play in anyones guard(anyone with a legit guard) But my belief is that Ntae has a wicked guard, but that Chael has improved his top game, and is just a much gritier fighter now than he was years ago.

I am really torn on this fight. On one hand , I see Sonnen (R-Or) (R-Or) getting the take down and mauling Silva, Silva gasses, and he keeps it up for 5 rds. But its also hard to see him doing it for 5 rds without getting KO'd or subbed. Silva is getting better with using his footwork to avoid the TD. I currently have Silva 7.2u @-360, but I took that knowing I can hedge if I want. I do think Sonnen (R-Or) (R-Or) is the best wrestler @ middleweight. And I dont think Nate has a wicked guard. I was also on Sonnen (R-Or) (R-Or) vs Okami for 2u.

Wiseman, just because you have not seen it, does not mean he does not have it. Nate worked guard in some of his earlier fights, before he became a beast. Kinda reminds me of the people he think GSP's striking stinks because he is not stopping dudes with strikes anymore. Why the hell would Nate work guard, when he can take dudes down and smash them. BUT, he did work guard early in his carreer when he needed to.
Im sure he has a good guard, but not a wicked one. I seen his guard for 15 min vs Sonnen.

MMA_scientist
06-17-2010, 02:08 PM
The Sonnen (R-Or) that was tapped earlier in his carreer would have tapped against Nate also. Fighters do improve. Weird to see a guy being judged on fights that happened years ago, but most recent fights just being ignored..
It is just that nothing has changed. He still trains with the same guys at the same camp that does not have a bjj coach. He has been fighting forever, I just don't buy the theory that he just magically got better all of the sudden.

BTW Scientists, you now say that Nate is a favorable matchup for Chael, but that is in hindsight. that way you can never be wrong, you can always just explain it away. I'm also not looking at this as a pick em, because it is not. IMO, Chael @ big dog odds is the wise play here. Any bettor can play -300 or -400 guys. But those guys eventually get themselves in trouble...

I disagree with both statements, but really and totally disagree with the second one.

Miller was a tough matchup for him, Chael won that with his hands and sprawl. Paulo Filho was a tough match for him as well. I am honest about these things. I am wrong all the time and freely admit it.

MMA gambling is not about showing how awesome you are at picking underdogs. I make almost all of my money on the favorites. It is about beating the line. If you bet -600 fighters and win 9/10, you are going to make money. There is no inherent superiority to picking dogs, and it doesn't mean you have some super MMA knowledge. Its about winning at a greater percentage than the line indicates. I promise you I can beat the line picking nothing but -400 fights over a year. I will side bet you $1000 that I can make a profit using any line you want up to -600.

Scientist, you also say that you would not be surprised to see Chael beat him. Well, then hell, the argument is over...We agree, Chael is a good bet at big dog odds.

No, we don't. I don't give a 30% chance. I would not be surpised, but I wouldn't take him unto +450 or so.

poopoo333
06-17-2010, 02:28 PM
"Miller was a tough matchup for him, Chael won that with his hands and sprawl."

I watched that yesterday...Chael won by taking him down and pounding him for 3 rounds.

AC88
06-17-2010, 02:42 PM
I think Chael is a great bet. But I do believe Silva is going to be harder to take down than Marquardt. Not because he has better wrestling, but because of his movement and distancing. He only got taken down once by Leites and didn't get taken down once against Maia. However, I think the odds of Chael LNP'ing Silva to a decision are much better than the odds of Silva submitting and or knocking him out.

sbjj
06-17-2010, 02:46 PM
"Miller was a tough matchup for him, Chael won that with his hands and sprawl."

I watched that yesterday...Chael won by taking him down and pounding him for 3 rounds.

You beat me to it.

sbjj
06-17-2010, 02:53 PM
The Sonnen (R-Or) (R-Or) that was tapped earlier in his carreer would have tapped against Nate also. Fighters do improve. Weird to see a guy being judged on fights that happened years ago, but most recent fights just being ignored..
It is just that nothing has changed. He still trains with the same guys at the same camp that does not have a bjj coach. He has been fighting forever, I just don't buy the theory that he just magically got better all of the sudden.

BTW Scientists, you now say that Nate is a favorable matchup for Chael, but that is in hindsight. that way you can never be wrong, you can always just explain it away. I'm also not looking at this as a pick em, because it is not. IMO, Chael @ big dog odds is the wise play here. Any bettor can play -300 or -400 guys. But those guys eventually get themselves in trouble...

I disagree with both statements, but really and totally disagree with the second one.

Miller was a tough matchup for him, Chael won that with his hands and sprawl. Paulo Filho was a tough match for him as well. I am honest about these things. I am wrong all the time and freely admit it.

MMA gambling is not about showing how awesome you are at picking underdogs. I make almost all of my money on the favorites. It is about beating the line. If you bet -600 fighters and win 9/10, you are going to make money. There is no inherent superiority to picking dogs, and it doesn't mean you have some super MMA knowledge. Its about winning at a greater percentage than the line indicates. I promise you I can beat the line picking nothing but -400 fights over a year. I will side bet you $1000 that I can make a profit using any line you want up to -600.

No, we don't. I don't give a 30% chance. I would not be surpised, but I wouldn't take him unto +450 or so.

You honestly believe +450=30% chance of winning? And you use this knowledge to bet? As for your side bet of $1000.00, that is just a silly thing to say over the internet. How about 100K? Give me a break. How about I copy my boxing picks from another site, and show you where I am hitting at close to 75 % and hitting +300 dogs.

Just to let you know, I have been making a living betting boxing for over a decade. Fairly new to MMA, so am still learning. But anyone who says they CAN MAKE a living betting big favorites is nothing more than a liar. And I have met plenty of them, they all eventually go bust. And I have been betting boxing since I was 16, and am now 37. I have seen these guys come and go. I doubt MMA is that much different.

AC88
06-17-2010, 02:55 PM
^^
sbjj, are you putting money on Chael? I think he's a great dog bet.

Ludo
06-17-2010, 03:07 PM
And so it was that another newcomer to IWS picked a fight with a regular. Roll that beautiful bean footage.

MMA_scientist
06-17-2010, 03:19 PM
And so it was that another newcomer to IWS picked a fight with a regular. Roll that beautiful bean footage.

Me and sbjj are cool. I like arguing about stuff. I like his passion and he seems to know what he is talking about.. so he is cool in my book.

On a side note, I think he might be the same guy that already got banned. southbaysurf... sbjj (southbay jiu jitsu). http://sbjjc.net/ Sherlock Holmes does it is again.

hey sbjj, the Palazzo sucks balls.

SPX I kind of liked the Ritchie Sherlock Holmes flick.

Mr. IWS
06-17-2010, 03:27 PM
^^^^^^^lol

Not him.

sbjj
06-17-2010, 03:30 PM
I actually know SBS, and have gotten into it with him at another site frequently. He actually found out about the VENETIAN from me. I have been betting MMA at the Venetian from the start. I live in Southern California(Yorba Linda), and SBS lives in Northern California. No way in Hell we are the same dude. I now have a guy that lives in Vegas that bets the fights for me at the V., but I give him 100.00 every trip he makes, it is starting to get expensive. But it saves me the gas, and time of having to drive or fly down there what had started to seem like every week.

SBS is actually not that bad of a guy, but I can see how he did not fit in around here. He does know his shit when it comes to the numbers in this game. But he could piss off the pope.

Luke
06-17-2010, 03:39 PM
You honestly believe +450=30% chance of winning? And you use this knowledge to bet? As for your side bet of $1000.00, that is just a silly thing to say over the internet. How about 100K? Give me a break. How about I copy my boxing picks from another site, and show you where I am hitting at close to 75 % and hitting +300 dogs.

Just to let you know, I have been making a living betting boxing for over a decade. Fairly new to MMA, so am still learning. But anyone who says they CAN MAKE a living betting big favorites is nothing more than a liar. And I have met plenty of them, they all eventually go bust. And I have been betting boxing since I was 16, and am now 37. I have seen these guys come and go. I doubt MMA is that much different.

I'd like to see your boxing bets just to see who you have bet to see if we are betting the samethings.

Also whats the limits on boxing and MMA at the Palazzo?I was there a few weeks ago but forgot to ask

One other thig what do you consider BIG favorites? Some people consider -600 big favorites but I consider anything over -300 a big favorite so I was just wondering

sbjj
06-17-2010, 03:41 PM
^^
sbjj, are you putting money on Chael? I think he's a great dog bet.

Waiting for the line to drop in Vegas. I use online books for smaller bets and boxing matches that will not show up in the Casino books.

But yes, I will be betting Chael, the amount depends on the price I can get. I would love to get him @ +400 or better, but the Vegas lines can sometimes differ(from minimaly to extreme) from the offshore books.

The Venetian also at times will release lines ahead of the offshore books and be way off. I hit King Mo @ -180 against Whitehead, and then he ended up @ -400 or -500 on the online sites. I do not carry enough cas online to really make an ard worthwhile in most of these instances. So I just prayed that Mo would do what he ended up doing to Whithead.

MMA_scientist
06-17-2010, 03:46 PM
I actually know SBS, and have gotten into it with him at another site frequently. He actually found out about the VENETIAN from me. I have been betting MMA at the Venetian from the start. I live in Southern California(Yorba Linda), and SBS lives in Northern California. No way in Hell we are the same dude. I now have a guy that lives in Vegas that bets the fights for me at the V., but I give him 100.00 every trip he makes, it is starting to get expensive. But it saves me the gas, and time of having to drive or fly down there what had started to seem like every week.

SBS is actually not that bad of a guy, but I can see how he did not fit in around here. He does know his shit when it comes to the numbers in this game. But he could piss off the pope.

I didn't mind him. I didn't think it was that big of a deal. They don't ban you for not fitting in. He seemed like he knew what was going on a little.

That said, pretty interesting how you have nothing but positive things to say about -YOURSELF, southbaysurf II.

sbjj
06-17-2010, 03:47 PM

I'd like to see your boxing bets just to see who you have bet to see if we are betting the samethings.

Also whats the limits on boxing and MMA at the Palazzo?I was there a few weeks ago but forgot to ask

One other thig what do you consider BIG favorites? Some people consider -600 big favorites but I consider anything over -300 a big favorite so I was just wondering

Before I became a member here, I read around, I think we have very similiar philosophies...Here are some recent boxing write-ups.

Alright, the weigh ins actually did it for me. Sergio looked rock solid at 159 1/2, and that was my only concern(him moving up).

I think there is a solid chance that he makes Kelly look plain silly in there.

graham also has a nice write up.

I got both Martinez straight @ +150 and by decision @ +320.

sbjj
06-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Any early thoughts. I still think Matrix has a very good shot here. I took him in Vegas @ +195 for 300.00 already. Vegas had the over at -150 which I think is the way to play it. In fact, I think every one of these fights has went over if I am remembering correctly. I really think all these guys are world class, and getting a decent #(-150) on this fight, where neither guy has been stopped is worthwhile. I can understand the belief that AA has a shot at stopping Andre. But Arthur barely stopped Taylor, and I think Andre is a smarter, and better conditioned athlete than Taylor. i think the fact that this fight is in the U.S. gives A.D. an even better shot at the upset.

May talk myself into a fairly large over bet here.

Abraham vs. Dirrell.

sbjj
06-17-2010, 03:50 PM
OK, I just watched MOST of the Foreman-Santos bout(Foremans last bout) and best win. Even though IMO Santos looked like complete shit, and really is not that great anyways. Also made a call, and checked some of the predictions of some guys I respect(at least the ones that have made one so far). And I am absolutely shocked. It seems like everyone is picking Yuri.

I do not get it, the Yuri i saw fight Santos gets mugged by cotto IMO. Granted, Cotto is moving up to 154(which might actually be good). But Jesus, is Yuri really going to knock Cotto out? i keep hearing it...Cotto is damaged goods. Well, maybe to a certain extent, but damn, I just do not get the hype on yuri. Cotto has problems with guys that can take his shots and spit it right back at him, not guys who try to box him. And keep in mind, the last time Cotto fought a good fighter, but not elite was Gomez, and he damn near killed him.

I say wait for the line to improve if you like Cotto, because everyone seems to be on Yuris nuts. Maybe we can get Cotto at -160 or -150. I just think Cotto is going to give Foreman fits.

Full disclosure must be made, I have not been a big fan of Yuri for some time, I thought he barely beat some fighters he should have easily beat, and I think he has been protected for quite some time. Some of his earlier fights were painful to watch....hit, grab, run.

A bit on Foreman-Cotto. Never made an actual bet.

Mr. IWS
06-17-2010, 03:50 PM
I checked the IPs when he was a couple posts in, and they were not the same. That said, I find over my years of owning this forum, that usually guys tend to out themselves.

That said, sbjj, welcome aboard.

sbjj
06-17-2010, 03:51 PM
This is a fight where I think the line is just off. Hall is a somewhat untested fighter, but that does not mean he is no good. While Napa is the more seasoned fighter, but has a style that makes this fight dangerous for him IMO.

Ian will more than likely have to beat Hall by decision on his home turf. And i think Hall is good enough to make it competitive. If Hall wins just 3 clear rounds, and a few more are close, I can see him getting the nod in this one. Keep in mind, Ian has no punching power, and Hall will at the least go after him and try to win. this could make it very hard for the judges to score these rounds.

Keep in mind, this is more of a value play...not like the Marquez-Vasquez fight, where I was really confident. But i give Hall at least a 40% chance here, if not an even chance. So the price is just right IMO.

1 unit on Hall @ +235.

Napa vs. Hall

sbjj
06-17-2010, 03:52 PM
OK, the line has already flipped. Opening with Marquez as the +130 dog, and now the -130 fave. Which is exactly what I thought would happen. I like Marquez here alot. He still has the goods(to an extent) While I think Israel is almost beyond damaged. Waiting for the Marquez by stoppage prop also, as I suspect he might get him out of their sooner than many think.

Money is coming in on Marquez, and for good reason.

Marquez-Vazquez 4

Luke
06-17-2010, 03:56 PM
This is a fight where I think the line is just off. Hall is a somewhat untested fighter, but that does not mean he is no good. While Napa is the more seasoned fighter, but has a style that makes this fight dangerous for him IMO.

Ian will more than likely have to beat Hall by decision on his home turf. And i think Hall is good enough to make it competitive. If Hall wins just 3 clear rounds, and a few more are close, I can see him getting the nod in this one. Keep in mind, Ian has no punching power, and Hall will at the least go after him and try to win. this could make it very hard for the judges to score these rounds.

Keep in mind, this is more of a value play...not like the Marquez-Vasquez fight, where I was really confident. But i give Hall at least a 40% chance here, if not an even chance. So the price is just right IMO.

1 unit on Hall @ +235.

Napa vs. Hall

I dont bet dogs unless I think they are going to win so I dont usually end up on big dogs too often.

sbjj
06-17-2010, 03:57 PM
By no means am I perfect at Boxing though. I lost a small bet on Jones by decision against B-hop. and lost with Arreola against Adamek.

sbjj
06-17-2010, 03:58 PM

1 unit on Hall @ +235.

Napa vs. Hall

But I viewed this fight as close to a pick em, making +235 a steal.

I dont bet dogs unless I think they are going to win so I dont usually end up on big dogs too often.

sbjj
06-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Luke, what I love about boxing, is you can get a good feel for a certain outcome. Like Marquez by stoppage. Or Martinez by decision. Or like Mayweather by decision. Not near as confident in MMA certain outcomes.

sbjj
06-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Actually, my last boxing pick lost.

It will be tough, but I think Richie could win this one, I think he is the better fighter. He is on Mirandas turf. But i like him @ +140

1 unit on Mepranum @ +140

Miranda kicked his ass.

Luke
06-17-2010, 04:02 PM
By no means am I perfect at Boxing though. I lost a small bet on Jones by decision against B-hop. and lost with Arreola against Adamek.

nor am I,not even close. I've only bet 9 boxing bouts this year any one boxing parlay so a total of 10 plays in boxing

AC88
06-17-2010, 04:03 PM
I remember the Adamek-Arreola once had a lot of Adamek supporters.

Luke
06-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Luke, what I love about boxing, is you can get a good feel for a certain outcome. Like Marquez by stoppage. Or Martinez by decision. Or like Mayweather by decision. Not near as confident in MMA certain outcomes.

I know what you mean. Also boxing is so much easier to predict than MMA. In mma you can lose by injury,submission, or ANY punch because they only use 4 oz gloves. In boxing if you pick the right fighter your only chance of losing is by a lucky punch or a screw job on the scorecard,neither of which happen very often

Luke
06-17-2010, 04:05 PM
I remember the Adamek-Arreola once had a lot of Adamek supporters.

I didnt bet that fight but if I did itwould have been Arreola.I was too scared to bet it since I had barely cashed on Kessler vs Froch earlier that day

sbjj
06-17-2010, 04:10 PM

I didn't mind him. I didn't think it was that big of a deal. They don't ban you for not fitting in. He seemed like he knew what was going on a little.

That said, pretty interesting how you have nothing but positive things to say about -YOURSELF, southbaysurf II.

LOL, did not even notice this. I actually believe there might be a couple of dudes in here that actually KNOW for a fact that we are not the same dude. But I will not sweat it, if you think we are. I firmly believe if you go back and read any posts he made here, and the read my posts, you will come to the conclusion we are not the same. i am pretty sure we ahve different writing styles. I also believe his spelling and puncuation might be better than mine. Damn, I just gave him another compliment.

Ludo
06-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Will the real southbayurf please stand up.

MMA_scientist
06-17-2010, 04:18 PM
I, for one, have no use for the spell check.

I agree you are not the same person. You haven't mentioned how you go to vegas every weekend and you have some super secret palazzo lines that you can't share with us...

plus I am pretty sure Luke checked your IP

Ludo
06-17-2010, 04:24 PM
No, he just mentioned how he was paying someone who lives there and how it was cheaper than going there "what seemed like every week"... The plot thickens

sbjj
06-17-2010, 04:27 PM
I have actually never been in the new sportsbook @ Pallazo. I had always gone to the Venetian sportsbook. The hilton used to have lines for UFC fights also, but it was hit and miss. The Hilton and the Palms have the best Boxing lines IMO.

The Venetian(Pallazo) is a kick ass place though...Very nice rooms, and good food. Still, Ceasars is my all time fave. That place is gorgeous.

Looking for a good pool...Hard Rock and Rio(if you like to party, and look at hot chicks) MGM is a great pool if you have kids, and are taking a family vacation.

MMA_scientist
06-17-2010, 04:32 PM
No, he just mentioned how he was paying someone who lives there and how it was cheaper than going there "what seemed like every week"... The plot thickens

Excellent point.

If he isn't sbs, its pretty damn close.

lagasse's stadium at the Palazzo is the super secret sports book that no one knows about. Notice how he won't say it.

Say Lagasse's Studium at the Palazzo. Say it.

Mr. IWS
06-17-2010, 04:33 PM
lol, this thread is cracking me up right now.

Please, carry on.......

Ludo
06-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Hey we're just doing our part to keep up the honesty in this forums members, Zak. No need to pay us(though if you want to thats cool too), we love what we do.

Mr. IWS
06-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Hey we're just doing our part to keep up the honesty in this forums members, Zak. No need to pay us(though if you want to thats cool too), we love what we do.

You can write it off as a charitable deduction.

::thumbsup::