PDA

View Full Version : Bellator 16 odds

poopoo333
04-27-2010, 02:47 PM
http://www.bestfightodds.com/events/263.png (http://www.bestfightodds.com)

zY|
04-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Jared Hess isn't that the guy who directed Napoleon Dynamite?

Mr. IWS
04-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Matt Major, was that that asshole from the Tapout show? I swear that name sounds so familiar.

MMA_scientist
04-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Matt Major, was that that asshole from the Tapout show? I swear that name sounds so familiar.

Indeed. Yes it is.

The fight I was wanting to bet wasd Baker, but he came in massively favored, I didn't think he would get that much love.

I don't know, I am going to have to research now. I looked at Hess a little. His only loss is to the Bellator champ, Hector Lombard... judo stud. Hess was a DI AA wrestler at Central Oklahoma. McGivern was the IFL champ for a while... I need to look at McGivern a little.

Mr. IWS
04-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Im looking forward to the next Bellator, with Cole Konrad. I will be on him fo sho.

MMA_scientist
04-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Im looking forward to the next Bellator, with Cole Konrad. I will be on him fo sho.

no doubt. I will be on Conrad if he is a manageable fav. Next week's card is pretty good.

I have looked at these fights:

I have ruled out Majors/Schmlenko too. As much as it pains me to say it, I think Major has value. Schmlenk is a muy thai striker, he never initiates a clinch though. Major is a kickboxer with no power. But he does have reach and speed. I think there is a good chance he can outpoint Schmelnko.

Hess/McGivern could be close as well. McGivern has lost to guys that can out position him. Hess was an AA at central OK, but McGivern wrestled at Iowa and has faced much better competition to this point, and has better wins. One thing about this fight, McGivern has been out over 2 years, and has a real life and job outside fo MMA. McGivern was the IFL champ for a minute though, so he does have his moments.

Schambari/Zachrich is possible. Schambari is a grappler, with athleticism. His only loss is to Bryan Baker, who is a beast, and it was a split decision. Zachrich was on TUF a while back. He is also 9-1, but here's a little nugget: Of his 10 fights, only 2 of his opponents have winning records (with the majority being 0-2 or 1-2). The winning records are 7-5 and 6-5 with one being the guy that beat him. Spoon fed can smasher. That said, Zachrich is pretty accomplished grappler in his own right, and trains with Gurgel and Franklin. This is going to be a grapplefest. I think Zacrich is probably a beter pure grappler, but I doubt he can handle the athleticism of Schambari.

Mr. IWS
04-27-2010, 04:31 PM
Good info, Scientist. I dont know shit about these other guys.

Luke
04-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Good info, Scientist. I dont know shit about these other guys.

I dont know shit about ANY of these guys

MMA_scientist
04-27-2010, 05:47 PM
I think the dogs all have value, but not convinced enough to bet any of them. McGivern/Hess will be competive (if the same McGivern from 2 years ago shows up). Schmelenko/Major is a kickboxing match, I really don't bet on straight striking matches. I like Shambari the best of anyone, but that is reflected in the line. I don't know that I like him that much.

It is looking like I am going to go Schambari or sit out. Probably sit out.

MMA_scientist
04-29-2010, 10:22 AM
Decided to go with the dogs for value and fun.

.45u on Major @ +222
.35u on McGivern @ +280
.26 on Zachrich @ +375

I think there is a pretty good shot one of these guys comes through. It is not going to be a big night for me, win or lose, but it gives me something to do, and I do think I will win.

poopoo333
04-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Decided to go with the dogs for value and fun.

.45u on Major @ +222
.35u on McGivern @ +280
.26 on Zachrich @ +375

I think there is a pretty good shot one of these guys comes through. It is not going to be a big night for me, win or lose, but it gives me something to do, and I do think I will win.

Wow. We think alike again the 2nd week again in the row. I was going to put a fractional amount on every single underdog tonight...I haven't done it yet though. The only one I really think will pull through is Major though.

poopoo333
04-29-2010, 01:03 PM
0.5u on Major @+225

That is all.

MMA_scientist
04-29-2010, 02:00 PM
^^^
yeah, I don't really feel good about it... It doesn't really follow my philosophy either. I do not feel that any of the dogs are 50% to win. I am just sort of doing it for fun. I agree that Major has the best chance, though it is far from a certainty. I wouldn't be surprised at all if McGivern won either... but its a gamble because he has not fought in over 2 years. I wouldn't be suprised if he just got beat down either. Basically, I have no idea what will happen in any of these fights. Nor would I normally care, which is why I bet on them. Now I care and can watch it.

Ludo
04-29-2010, 04:26 PM
.5u on Major to win 1.1u

Thewiseman
04-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Took all the dogs,

Mcgivern .17u to win .5u
Major .22u to win .5u
Zachrich .13u to win .5u
Loeffler .08u to win .5u

poopoo333
04-29-2010, 09:37 PM
All the favorites won tonight. We suck.

Luke
04-29-2010, 11:01 PM
Zy did you watch this or was it not on?

MMA_scientist
04-30-2010, 09:19 AM
Well there is 1u down the drain. This is why I don't like betting dogs when you don't actually think they are going to win... because they don't.

oh my god, major is gay as hell.

SPX
04-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Well there is 1u down the drain. This is why I don't like betting dogs when you don't actually think they are going to win... because they don't.

Not true. . .

Just not all the time.

zY|
04-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Zy did you watch this or was it not on?

I watched it.

The venue was great. It was held outdoors in the middle of this mall area in downtown KC.

Thewiseman
04-30-2010, 02:15 PM
-.6u

Luke
04-30-2010, 10:57 PM

oh my god, major is gay as hell.

Thats why I dont bet dogs unless I think they will win.SPX likes to bet dogs he thinks is going to lose lol

SPX
04-30-2010, 11:00 PM
Thats why I dont bet dogs unless I think they will win.SPX likes to bet dogs he thinks is going to lose lol

I like to bet dogs who I feel have a statistically better chance than the odds indicate, and that has been profitable for me.

Do Frankie Edgar and Manny Gamburyan ring a bell?

If you guys don't like money, then I don't understand it, but I'll respect it.

Luke
04-30-2010, 11:08 PM
I bet Ben Henderson because I thought he would win just as any dog I bet.I just cant bet a dog unless I think he'll win

SPX
04-30-2010, 11:16 PM
I bet Ben Henderson because I thought he would win just as any dog I bet.I just cant bet a dog unless I think he'll win

About 30% of underdogs win.

For me, I don't necessarily have to think they WILL win . . . I have to think they CAN win. Considering there are so many upsets in this sport as it is, I honestly never think much of anyone WILL win. The best I ever think is that they'll PROBABLY win.

Manny at +500 against ANY featherweight? Sold.

I lose more bets than I win, but I win more money than I lose with the dogs. Winning isn't everything. Winning MONEY is everything.

I understand we all have shit we don't like to do--like neither of us really like to take bets above -300--but the sophisticated bettor will understand betting for value.

Luke
04-30-2010, 11:23 PM
^^^^there are just somethings we'll never agree on ::handshake::

I cant make a bet unless I think there's a 51% chance it'll win

SPX
04-30-2010, 11:27 PM
^^^^there are just somethings we'll never agree on ::handshake::

Tits.