PDA

View Full Version : MFC 25

MMA_scientist
05-04-2010, 09:50 AM
http://www.bestfightodds.com/events/285.png (http://www.bestfightodds.com)

anyone?

anyone?

I think Spratt has value. I don't think I have seen Fiorvanti willingly go to the ground. Spratt still doesn't have a ground game, but he can knock a guy out. Fiorvanti has been dropped by lesser strikers.

Mr. IWS
05-04-2010, 09:54 AM
This card looks pretty good. I think Taylor has a bit of value.

poopoo333
05-04-2010, 10:21 AM
If I had bookmaker I would be on Taylor for a small play..probably, he is prone to submissions. He got caught in a peruvian necktie by CB Dolloway for christs sakes. and Gouviea for a medium play,

MMA_scientist
05-04-2010, 11:27 AM
^^ Jimmo looks pretty good. I am afraid to bet against him with that line. I think Leites is a step above Taylor in every area. Leites beat Marquart not long ago, or at least fought very competitively.

I am sure the line will open at your book soon enough.

SPX
05-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Damn, Richie Hightower re-emerges out of nowhere.

I've been wondering where he went. Not sure who his opponent is, but I hope Richie gives him the beatdown.

MMA_scientist
05-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Damn, Richie Hightower re-emerges out of nowhere.

I've been wondering where he went. Not sure who his opponent is, but I hope Richie gives him the beatdown.

YES! Richie Hightower! I have been waiting for this!

Also, where the hell is Abe Wagner?

Mr. IWS
05-04-2010, 03:34 PM

I havent seen that cat since he was bleeding like a stuck pig on Tuf.

MMA_scientist
05-04-2010, 04:16 PM
[quote="MMA_scientist":iv6qyerm]

I havent seen that cat since he was bleeding like a stuck pig on Tuf.[/quote:iv6qyerm]

Hopefully you detected the sarcasm. I just tried to think of the most unmemorable TUFer I could...

SPX
05-04-2010, 04:32 PM

Dude, I like Richie Hightower.

He's not the most awesome fighter, but he's got a good personality and a somewhat inspirational story.

WAR RICHIE HIGHTOWER!!!

http://images.buddytv.com/articles/Image/Ultimate-Fighter/Richie-Hightower-profile.jpg

Mr. IWS
05-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Hopefully you detected the sarcasm. I just tried to think of the most unmemorable TUFer I could...

I was on it. ::thumbup::

MMA_scientist
05-04-2010, 04:36 PM

Dude, I like Richie Hightower.

He's not the most awesome fighter, but he's got a good personality and a somewhat inspirational story.

WAR RICHIE HIGHTOWER!!!

really, I thought he was a db. I don't think we would get along IRL.

Mr. IWS
05-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Isnt Hightower the Ute that had all the drug and drinking problems?

MMA_scientist
05-04-2010, 04:43 PM

I don't know his back story, but whatever it is, it doesn't make up for his annoying personality. I don't remember too much about him except he just chucks hooks Garcia' style and I wanted to see him get smashed in the head.

SPX
05-04-2010, 04:46 PM

I remember Hightower was sticking up for Bowman when Danzig--a true "db"--kept fucking with him.

I'm not sure what you could find to not like about Richie Hightower as a person. He was one of my favorite characters on the show that season.

SPX
05-04-2010, 04:49 PM

Nah, that was someone else. . .

Here's a Hightower bio I found:

A 2000 graduate of Mountain Point High School in Phoenix, AZ, Richie Hightower had a very traditional athletic background - he played fullback and middle linebacker for the football team, wrestled and was a state discus champion for the track & field team. However, after high school, Hightower took a job as a mortgage broker and stopped exercising. His health suffered, and by the age of 21, the 5'8" Hightower weighed 265 pounds. That is when he decided to do something about his health, giving up smoking and drinking while taking up plyometric strength training with a physical therapist. He also found Brazilian jiu jitsu and soon Hightower was training in Phoenix with the UFC's Eddie Sanchez. An MMA career was born, with Hightower losing almost 100 pounds to get down to the 170 pound welterweight division.

Mr. IWS
05-04-2010, 04:55 PM
I didnt watch too much of that season. I do remember the War machine/Rollins fight and that White boy that got shit shit knocked out of him by AJ. Other than that, I dont remember him. Oh, and I remember them fucking with Danzigs bird feeder.

MMA_scientist
05-04-2010, 04:59 PM

I remember Hightower was sticking up for Bowman when Danzig--a true "db"--kept fucking with him.

I'm not sure what you could find to not like about Richie Hightower as a person. He was one of my favorite characters on the show that season.

Different worldviews I think...

I just found him to be a total jackass. I think he was the one that tried to have the meeting with Hughes when he joined Hughes' team. And Hughes was like "whatever kid, just STFU and get to work." He is also the one that shit in the toilet tank.

I think because I used to coach HS wrestling, I hate punkass kids. And I really hate kids that just want drama, and that is how Hightower came off to me. Just like a little attention whore punk.

Of course, I also find Serra to be probably the most grating personality in MMA... so I guess we just like different personality traits.

SPX
05-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Of course, I also find Serra to be probably the most grating personality in MMA... so I guess we just like different personality traits.

Yeah, if you don't like Serra--who I find to be one of the most likable and genuine personalities in MMA--then we obviously just appreciate different qualities in people.

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 09:41 AM
I am thinking about Leites and Jimmo now.

I am going to go with the IWS consensus system here. Anyone think Taylor can beat Leites? (I am not even going to ask about Jimmo/Gouveia)

poopoo333
05-07-2010, 09:47 AM
I am thinking about Leites and Jimmo now.

I am going to go with the IWS consensus system here. Anyone think Taylor can beat Leites? (I am not even going to ask about Jimmo/Gouveia)
'
That is crazy, I came here just to ask about Leites since he his -280 now. I think Leites SHOULD win. I mean, he has the BJJ to catch Taylor in something if Taylor decides to grapple with him... Taylor got caught in a Peruvian necktie by C.B. Dolloway...a wrestler who got caught in an armbar twice in the same way against the same guy, and a guy that got choked out in like 30 seconds off his first shot. Taylor seems like the wrestling version of Melvin Guillard....all of his losses are by submission. Leites dropped Marquardt at UFC 85 and did pretty well, he also took some really hard shots and hung in there. The only thing that is tough is that Leites hasn't fought any tough wrestlers yet, (that I know of).

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 10:13 AM
I am looking to get my 2u back from last night before 113. My general rule is that I favor bjj studs over wrestling studs on the ground (except at HW, where bjj is more similar to wrestling). Taylor is probably going to get submitted if it hits the mat. I think Taylor will try to keep it standing, but Leites probably has better hands than Taylor. Leites has to beat Taylor both places, which I think is probable, but it is keeping me from pulling the trigger. Zero chance Taylor finishes him though. Most likely Taylor tests the water on the feet, and then tries a takedown late. My guess is that Leites lights him up on the feet and then subs him.

poopoo333
05-07-2010, 10:20 AM
I am looking to get my 2u back from last night before 113. My general rule is that I favor bjj studs over wrestling studs on the ground (except at HW, where bjj is more similar to wrestling). Taylor is probably going to get submitted if it hits the mat. I think Taylor will try to keep it standing, but Leites probably has better hands than Taylor. Leites has to beat Taylor both places, which I think is probable, but it is keeping me from pulling the trigger. Zero chance Taylor finishes him though. Most likely Taylor tests the water on the feet, and then tries a takedown late. My guess is that Leites lights him up on the feet and then subs him.

Going to start being a little more aggressive, soooo... 3u on Leites @-280

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 10:28 AM

Going to start being a little more aggressive, soooo... 3u on Leites @-280

I don't want you to be all alone here... I saw an interview with Leites where he says he has been working really hard on his striking and he thinks that will be the difference. I just can't believe that Taylor can beat a former top 10 guy in Leites. I have talked myself into it. And I am steaming from Vanier.

Sooo...

3u on Leites.

going to abstain on Jimmo.

poopoo333
05-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Haha Scientist, I see what you mean about this forum making you bet more. I can't wait for tomorrow night. I went a little overboard on that card, so I am either going to start chasing my losses hard after tomorrow night or be a happy guy.

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 10:53 AM
I am finding that about 2 bets per card is the sweet spot for me. Any more than that, and inevitably one of them loses.

poopoo333
05-07-2010, 11:02 AM
I am finding that about 2 bets per card is the sweet spot for me. Any more than that, and inevitably one of them loses.

Yeah, turns out I am only "sure" of 2 fights on this card out of all of my bets.

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Which 2? I regret my Hague and Hendricks bets (moreso Hague, I think Hendricks will win, but wish I would have bet less). I feel good about Salter and Koscheck.

poopoo333
05-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Which 2? I regret my Hague and Hendricks bets (moreso Hague, I think Hendricks will win, but wish I would have bet less). I feel good about Salter and Koscheck.

Stout and Koscheck. I feel really good about them, the only thing that scares me about Stout is Stephens' talked about power and Stout getting taken down and controlled (but his TDD looked great against Lauzon before Lauzon gassed).

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 11:42 AM

Stout and Koscheck. I feel really good about them, the only thing that scares me about Stout is Stephens' talked about power and Stout getting taken down and controlled (but his TDD looked great against Lauzon before Lauzon gassed).

I really think Stout will win if it makes you feel any better. If I didn't already have 4 bets, I probably would have made the play myself.

Ludo
05-07-2010, 02:30 PM
The problem with having Leites as a former top ten guy was mostly a product of being fairly one dimensional. He was always a piss poor striker with amazing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He was on par with Demian Maia in the skillset department until Maia worked hard on his striking, I think Leites would have been on the low end of the top ten at best if it hadn't been for Marquardt losing those points when they fought.

That being said, I still don't see Jesse Taylor beating him, the guy got submitted by CB Dollaway for christ sakes. Nothing against CB, but Leites is about a million times more dangerous on the ground than CB is.

Ludo
05-07-2010, 02:35 PM
2.3u parlay to win 2u on Leites and Fioravante

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 02:47 PM
The problem with having Leites as a former top ten guy was mostly a product of being fairly one dimensional. He was always a piss poor striker with amazing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He was on par with Demian Maia in the skillset department until Maia worked hard on his striking, I think Leites would have been on the low end of the top ten at best if it hadn't been for Marquardt losing those points when they fought.

That being said, I still don't see Jesse Taylor beating him, the guy got submitted by CB Dollaway for christ sakes. Nothing against CB, but Leites is about a million times more dangerous on the ground than CB is.

I think Leites is a way better striker than Maia was and is. Maia has better takedowns though.

Leites' strikes are not that bad at all. He was going toe to toe with Marquart and even dropped him once.

Here's a gif of the Leites dropping Nate in an exchange: http://www.mma-core.com/gifs/_Thales_Leites_Drops_Nathan_Marquardt_UFC_85?gid=1 0000151&tid=107

SPX
05-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Leites ultra-fails in the striking department. Whenever people talk about his "competent striking" they go back to one thing, and that's him dropping Marquardt. Why? Because there are no other examples of Leites competently striking anyone. Sure, Marquardt rushed in and got popped, but that doesn't make up for Leites getting owned the other 14 mins 57 seconds of that fight.

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Leites ultra-fails in the striking department. Whenever people talk about his "competent striking" they go back to one thing, and that's him dropping Marquardt. Why? Because there are no other examples of Leites competently striking anyone. Sure, Marquardt rushed in and got popped, but that doesn't make up for Leites getting owned the other 14 mins 57 seconds of that fight.

You're crazy. That fight was close all the way through. Very competive, in no way was he getting owned. Leites won the first round. He damn near finished Nate in round one, had him mounted and pounding on him IIRC. The second round was the knee. The third round was close, and it was Nate that was trying to take it down.

He also beat Lister on strikes, Maia style. He also dropped Martin Kampmann with an overhand right in round one. Kampann beat his ass after he gassed, but he did drop him and win the first round with strikes. He fought Anderson Silva, Sakara (he won that), and Mcfedries. 3 very dangerous strikers, and I don't think he was ever hurt in any of those fights.

He might not be the greatest striker in the world, but he is definately competent.

SPX
05-07-2010, 03:18 PM
It's been a while since I've seen it, but I did not think Leites/Marqurdt was close. Marquardt easily won that fight . . . in fact his domination was such that it took TWO point deductions for Leites to get the win (and that second deduction was bullshit).

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 03:25 PM
It's been a while since I've seen it, but I did not think Leites/Marqurdt was close. Marquardt easily won that fight . . . in fact his domination was such that it took TWO point deductions for Leites to get the win (and that second deduction was bullshit).

yeah, but a 30-27 fight can be close. That is the nature of the 10 point system. Judges are retarded so I don't pay attention to the official scores, which I think were 28-27 across the board. But that means 1 round went to Leites even without the deduction. Basically 10-9, 9-9, 9-9.

I agree that Nate won 2 rounds to 1. And that knee was a hard shot. Anything after the knee is fruit of the poisonous tree IMO. It doesn't count. Leites was rocked from an illegal blow. But Leites was in it the whole time from what I recall.

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Actually, the more I talk about it, the less I think Taylor can win. His only hope is if Leites gasses trying to finish, which he does often.

If the odds werent all the way down to -345 now, I would drop 2 more here. If they come back under 300, I am doing it.

SPX
05-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Cocksucker! I was going to do a Leites/Fioravanti/Gouveia parlay but the shit's already closed for betting. What the fuck?

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Cocksucker! I was going to do a Leites/Fioravanti/Gouveia parlay but the shit's already closed for betting. What the fuck?

You got lucky then. Gouveia is going to lose.

He is back up at 205 and he missed weight AGAIN. Gouveia is lazy. How can you fight at MW and then miss weight W LHW? The guy he is fighting is not as good as him, but he is definitely no pushover. And he has to be hungrier. Gouveia pisses me off.

SPX
05-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Has Leites ever fought a strong wrestler? I'm trying to remember. . .

How do we know Taylor won't just outwrestle him for a UD?

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Has Leites ever fought a strong wrestler? I'm trying to remember. . .

How do we know Taylor won't just outwrestle him for a UD?

because he is going to get subbed. Taylor has been submitted 4 times. Leites is the best grappler Tayler has fought.

Leites has never fought a high level wrestler though. I will take a high level bjj guy against a mid/high leve wrestler 10/10 times. To neutralize a a guy like Leites, you have to be pretty damn good at bjj, not just wrestling (think Hughes or Couture or Tito).

I guess it could happen, but I believe in jj.

Luke
05-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Where you guys watching this at?

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Its on HDnet, it starts in an hour.

SPX
05-07-2010, 09:16 PM

He is back up at 205 and he missed weight AGAIN. Gouveia is lazy. How can you fight at MW and then miss weight W LHW? The guy he is fighting is not as good as him, but he is definitely no pushover. And he has to be hungrier. Gouveia pisses me off.

If you are this confident, why aren't you betting on Gummo?

Luke
05-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Its on HDnet, it starts in an hour.

I found a link for it ::handshake::

Luke
05-07-2010, 09:27 PM
SPX they are interviewing your man crush Jens right now

http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-mma-tv.html

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 09:33 PM

If you are this confident, why aren't you betting on Gummo?

Because I have been giving all my winnings back on these underdog bets. I just lost a dog last night. I am sick of betting for "value." And its all conjecture based on Gouveia beingout of shape...

SPX
05-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Because I have been giving all my winnings back on these underdog bets. I just lost a dog last night. I am sick of betting for "value." And its all conjecture based on Gouveia beingout of shape...

Obviously the value last night was in Curran.

SPX
05-07-2010, 09:38 PM

Guess I missed it, but thanks for the heads up. . .

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 09:42 PM

No, he is on inside MMA (which is on HDNet every Friday). It is on for another 20 minutes. Bonnar and Manvil are on too.

SPX
05-07-2010, 09:45 PM
I'll test your theory, Scientist. Apparently the lines are still up on 5dimes, so. . .

Fioravanti-Gummo-Leites Parlay: .25u to win 1.1u

SPX
05-07-2010, 09:45 PM
No, he is on inside MMA (which is on HDNet every Friday). It is on for another 20 minutes. Bonnar and Manvil are on too.

Yeah, I kept watching and figured out what's up. . .

Luke
05-07-2010, 09:46 PM

Pulver talked about opening his gym,said he'll never officially retire,would like to get a 125 pound class started and would like to commentate ::handshake::

SPX
05-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Pulver talked about opening his gym,said he'll never officially retire,would like to get a 125 pound class started and would like to commentate ::handshake::

Indeed. That's cool. Sucks I missed it. He talked about all of that but the 125s when we chatted.

I'd like to see the flyweights, too.

SPX
05-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Jens looks good out there.

Glad to see he's in good spirits.

edman5555
05-07-2010, 09:55 PM
what time is mfc 25 starting?

edman5555
05-07-2010, 09:55 PM
scratch that question.

Ludo
05-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Romero really needs to stop making these movies...

SPX
05-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Let the man make his movies. Why not? It's what he does.

Ludo
05-07-2010, 10:01 PM
MFC is in a ring?

SPX
05-07-2010, 10:03 PM
No, the ring's just for promos and decoration. . .

They're about to move it out and set the cage up.

SPX
05-07-2010, 10:06 PM
I bet Leites gets the ladies all wet.

Luke
05-07-2010, 10:09 PM
No, the ring's just for promos and decoration. . .

They're about to move it out and set the cage up.

::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao::

LMAO

good one ::clap::

SPX
05-07-2010, 10:13 PM
^^^^ Yeah, I just had to be a dick on that one. . .

Luke
05-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Anyone else think its odd Fulltilt a poker site sponsors 75%+ of the MMA fighters in almost every org.?

Ludo
05-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Fuckin' christ Fortin is thick

Luke
05-07-2010, 10:15 PM
^^^^ Yeah, I just had to be a dick on that one. . .

I laughed so hard I almost choked on my dinner

SPX
05-07-2010, 10:16 PM
I laughed so hard I almost choked on my dinner

I do like to get the laughs. . .

Luke
05-07-2010, 10:20 PM
I for one love fights in the ring .I'd rather see them in the ring than a cage

Luke
05-07-2010, 10:21 PM
also like he strike counter in between rounds

poopoo333
05-07-2010, 10:24 PM
lol i feel like betting on fights now to make these fights more interesting. i only have 3u on Leites.

SPX
05-07-2010, 10:25 PM

I used to not, but the more I see how the cage favors wrestlers, the more I want to see that advantage taken away.

With that said, standups favor strikers, so I guess it evens out, but I still don't like it.

edman5555
05-07-2010, 10:25 PM
How is Ryan Jimmos BJJ?

Luke
05-07-2010, 10:27 PM
lol i feel like betting on fights now to make these fights more interesting. i only have 3u on Leites.

dont be a degenerate poopoo

Luke
05-07-2010, 10:28 PM

I used to not, but the more I see how the cage favors wrestlers, the more I want to see that advantage taken away.

With that said, standups favor strikers, so I guess it evens out, but I still don't like it.

I dont like the stand ups but I prefer a ring over a cage

Svino
05-07-2010, 10:29 PM
I just hate how the ropes are always getting in the way of the fight - fighters getting tangled in the ropes and grabbing them. I can't believe the use of the ring has survived in MMA after so many incidents of fighters falling through the ropes.

/YAMMA pit 4 life

SPX
05-07-2010, 10:30 PM
How the fuck? Why is this fight still on?

Luke
05-07-2010, 10:34 PM
I just hate how the ropes are always getting in the way of the fight - fighters getting tangled in the ropes and grabbing them. I can't believe the use of the ring has survived in MMA after so many incidents of fighters falling through the ropes.

/YAMMA pit 4 life

YAMMA cage =quite possibly the dumbest thing ever in MMA

Svino
05-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Having watched Brock Lesnar fight, I can no longer see anyone else being deserving of the nickname "Vanilla Gorilla".

Luke
05-07-2010, 10:35 PM
How the fuck? Why is this fight still on?

What are you squealing about?

Luke
05-07-2010, 10:37 PM
only in second rate promotion does a fighter do interviews while doing "the robot" instead of getting ready for his fight

Ludo
05-07-2010, 10:38 PM
I think he wants to know how the fight is still on. I could be wrong though ::swifty::

zY|
05-07-2010, 10:38 PM
I wish more promotions would utilize the YAMMA pit. Thing was marvelous. Hold the fights outdoors and if it rains it will hold water. Fighters could win via drowning. I'm all for more ways to finish.

zY|
05-07-2010, 10:39 PM
And yes, the ring is archaic and terrible for MMA.

SPX
05-07-2010, 10:39 PM
What are you squealing about?

I thought that fight was in the fourth round for a second. . .

SPX
05-07-2010, 10:40 PM
RITCHIE FUCKING HIGHTOWER!!!

WAR YOU!!!

Luke
05-07-2010, 10:41 PM

In your opinion.I think having a cage where a fighter can push someone up against and hold them there and do nothing for 15 minutes(couture) or having a fighter take someone down and lay and pray on them for 15 minutes is much worse

zY|
05-07-2010, 10:42 PM
This guy coming out to Gump by Weird Al?

What kind of fucking gong show is this? I've already seen one freak show today.

Luke
05-07-2010, 10:43 PM
I think he wants to know how the fight is still on. I could be wrong though ::swifty::

He thought they were in a 4th round ::lmao::

Luke
05-07-2010, 10:43 PM
This guy coming out to Gump by Weird Al?

What kind of fucking gong show is this? I've already seen one freak show today.

Weird AL and another fighter doing the robot .LOL this is great.

zY|
05-07-2010, 10:44 PM

In your opinion.I think having a cage where a fighter can push someone up against and hold them there and do nothing for 15 minutes(couture) or having a fighter take someone down and lay and pray on them for 15 minutes is much worse

In my opinion?

Considering all the major promotions use the cage and even DREAM uses it occasionally because their fighters want it shows that it's more than just my opinion. Grown men fight in a cage, as God intended.

You're right though, fighters getting tangled in the ropes constantly and falling out of the ring and having to be restarted every time there's a takedown is much more appropriate.

SPX
05-07-2010, 10:47 PM

I know where you're coming from. I used to think the ring was fucking retarded, but I've warmed up to it a little.

Re-positionings aren't cool, though.

SPX
05-07-2010, 10:48 PM
That sucked.

zY|
05-07-2010, 10:49 PM
What happened? Did I miss the big kabosh?

Luke
05-07-2010, 10:50 PM
In my opinion?

Considering all the major promotions use the cage and even DREAM uses it occasionally because their fighters want it shows that it's more than just my opinion. Grown men fight in a cage, as God intended.

You're right though, fighters getting tangled in the ropes constantly and falling out of the ring and having to be restarted every time there's a takedown is much more appropriate.

How come whenever someone doesnt agree with you ,you take shots at them? You do realize there are more opinions in this world than yours?

SPX said he likes the ring

I would say the former PRIDE fighters would much prefer a ring also ::handshake::

zY|
05-07-2010, 10:52 PM
In my opinion?

How come whenever someone doesnt agree with you ,you take shots at them? You do realize there are more opinions in this world than yours?

I would say the former PRIDE fighters would much prefer a ring also ::handshake::

I didn't take any shots at you. I was just being a dick.

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Damn Hightower got his ass whupped.

ha ha.

Svino
05-07-2010, 10:53 PM
See, if you don't want the "walls" to mess with the fight, the best venue would be to have the guys fight on an infinite plane. Since you can't do that, the next best thing is to make both fighters want to avoid the edges, like by having a ring with no walls and a moat filled with hungry alligators around the sides. If the athletic commissions whine about that, the YAMMA pit that tries to force the fighters to stay in the middle is the next best thing.

.I think having a cage where a fighter can push someone up against and hold them there and do nothing for 15 minutes(couture) or having a fighter take someone down and lay and pray on them for 15 minutes is much worse

So you want a ring with no floor? Hmm, actually you might be on to something there - zero g fighting... I'd watch.

SPX
05-07-2010, 10:53 PM

That's how he rolls.

I don't know that I PREFER the ring, but I do see some benefits. Personally, I'm on the fence, as I see pros and cons in both. But there's nothing wrong with saying you'd rather have the ring. It makes sense on some levels.

SPX
05-07-2010, 10:54 PM

ha ha.

Did you know that your mom's in my house, butt naked, making grits?

SPX
05-07-2010, 10:56 PM
We want to go for Fioravanti here.

Svino
05-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Personally, I'm on the fence, as I see pros and cons in both.

I see what you did there.

Ludo
05-07-2010, 10:58 PM

ha ha.

Did you know that your mom's in my house, butt naked, making grits?

BOL

zY|
Seriously, I don't think it's too much to ask to have the fighters actually stay in the arena. I can only think of 2 fights ever in a cage where the fighters actually exited during the fight. One was 800 lb Emmanuel Yarborough throwing Keith Hackney through the cage door way back at UFC 3, and the other was James Irvin and Bobby Southworth tumbling through the door at Strikeforce. But that one doesn't count because Irvin is involved. Dude is a magnet for weird shit to happen.

MMA_scientist
I can't believe you guys are neglecting X-ARM.

X-Arm was the ultimate. Yamma had nothing on X-Arm.

Talk about an epic fail.

zY|
05-07-2010, 11:02 PM

Talk about an epic fail.

X-arm was just Art Davies plot to out-retard Bob Meyrowitz after he saw the glorious YAMMA pit.

SPX
05-07-2010, 11:03 PM

Talk about an epic fail.

Dude, I wanted X-Arm to succeed just to I could be amused by it perpetually.

Svino
05-07-2010, 11:03 PM

Talk about an epic fail.

Let's not forget that San-do, the most ultimate fighting sport ever, uses a YAMMA-like slope on the edge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYXDY5dPhVI

X-arm, of course, was just silly.

SPX
05-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Ol' Mario brother's gonna have to do better than that these next two rounds.

poopoo333
05-07-2010, 11:04 PM
We want to go for Fioravanti here.

What are your bets for this card?

SPX
05-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Let's not forget that San-do, the most ultimate fighting sport ever, uses a YAMMA-like slope on the edge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYXDY5dPhVI

X-arm, of course, was just silly.

Dude, that San-do shit looks pimp.

SPX
05-07-2010, 11:06 PM

Only one:

Fioravanti-Gummo-Leites parlay: .25u to win 1.1u

poopoo333
05-07-2010, 11:10 PM

Only one:

Fioravanti-Gummo-Leites parlay: .25u to win 1.1u

You mean Jimmo?

Things aren't looking too great for FIoravanti :(

zY|
05-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Luigi's liver is going to explode.

SPX
05-07-2010, 11:12 PM
You mean Jimmo?

Yeah, Gummo.

Things aren't looking too great for FIoravanti :(

I noticed that.

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 11:14 PM
see post #1 of this thread.

Sorry SPX.. maybe the judges will screw spratt.

Ludo
05-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Fuck

poopoo333
05-07-2010, 11:15 PM

"I don't think I have seen Fiorvanti willingly go to the ground"

He read that and decided to willingly take it to the ground.

Sorry SPX.

SPX
05-07-2010, 11:16 PM

Sorry SPX.. maybe the judges will screw spratt.

Yeah, you were right.

My luck for MFC continues to suck.

The first time I bet on an MFC event I lost on Marvin Eastman against Gummo, and Fioravanti against Allesio (a fight he was winning until the KO).

Oh, my balls. . .

zY|
05-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Look how bad the ropes interfered there at the end.

Ludo
05-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Did anyone catch Fioravantes answer to "where are you?" from the medics? "Fuck off".

Svino
05-07-2010, 11:17 PM

Good call.

SPX
05-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Considering the fact that underdogs have become a much bigger part of my betting strategy as of late, I really hate to lose on a dog.

SPX
05-07-2010, 11:18 PM
What the fuck's Pete Spratt doing being 20-17?

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 11:21 PM

Grappling > Striking

zY|
05-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Mark Pavelich.

D-bag? Or ultra D-bag?

zY|
05-07-2010, 11:22 PM

Grappling > Striking

20 > 17

SPX
05-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Grappling > Striking

JDS says. . .

LOL!

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 11:25 PM
[quote=SPX]What the fuck's Pete Spratt doing being 20-17?

Grappling > Striking

20 > 17[/quote:1effq82l]

yeah, but almost all of those wins are against other strikers.

poopoo333
Grappling > Striking

JDS says. . .

LOL!

Until he fights Brock or Cain.

Mackdaddy73
They're saying Luigi got food poisoning yesterday in West Edmonton mall, douchebags could've said something!!

SPX
05-07-2010, 11:26 PM

You think Cain wins against JDS?

SPX
05-07-2010, 11:26 PM
They're saying Luigi got food poisoning yesterday in West Edmonton mall, douchebags could've said something!!

Don't know who the fuck you are. . .

But YEAH! YOU'RE RIGHT!

poopoo333
05-07-2010, 11:28 PM

You think Cain wins against JDS?

I don't know.

SPX
05-07-2010, 11:30 PM
I don't know.

I think Brock might be too much for him, but not sure about Cain.

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 11:35 PM
I was kidding...

but it is true.

SPX
05-07-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm half tempted to drop everything on my 5d account on Leites.

zY|
05-07-2010, 11:40 PM

LOL

Don't do it.

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Seriously. Don't. There are better bets to drop a lot on. Taylor has a chance.

poopoo333
05-07-2010, 11:43 PM

Isn't that the account you don't really use? How much do you have in it?

SPX
05-07-2010, 11:44 PM
There's not a lot in that account. About 2.5u. But the problem is that if I lose that then it's going to be very difficult to re-fund that account because they're not taking my credit card anymore.

SPX
05-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Isn't that the account you don't really use? How much do you have in it?

See above.

I'm trying to build that account up so only want to use it for "safe" bets.

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Oh, in that case do it.

poopoo333
05-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Hmm. I see. I would be tempted as well, but yeah, there are other fights to do that on. If I had to bet my entire bankroll on a fight this weekend, it would be on either Koscheck or Lawlor.

SPX
05-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Fuck it.

Done and done.

A little over 2u to win a little under .75u.

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 11:52 PM
At least if i go down, I go down with company.

we got this though.

SPX
05-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Me and you ride together tonight, Scientist.

poopoo333
05-07-2010, 11:55 PM
*ahem*

edman5555
05-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Brock>JDS
Cain?JDS
Cain?Brock
Shane>Brock
JDS>Shane
Cain?Shane

poopoo333
05-07-2010, 11:57 PM
At the end of this fight, I bet I will be saying "Man, I should have put that half unit on Jimmo".

SPX
05-07-2010, 11:59 PM
http://bastonate.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/1998_gummo_soundtrack.jpg

MMA_scientist
05-08-2010, 12:03 AM
It doesnt look like Wilson trained for this fight at all. He is just chillin.

10/9 Jimmo

SPX
05-08-2010, 12:04 AM
^^^ Word. I'm trying to figure out why Fioravanti had the hubris to fuck my shit up.

zY|
05-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Who the fuck is this Jimmo guy?

MMA_scientist
05-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Its looking liek it would have gotten derailed here anyway. Gouveia wants to go home and east some cake.

SPX
05-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Who the fuck is this Jimmo guy?

He's the guy who robbed me of my Eastman bet at MFC 22.

That's all I know.

And he does karate, apparently.

SPX
05-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Its looking liek it would have gotten derailed here anyway. Gouveia wants to go home and east some cake.

Nah, I ended up going with Gummo. That's what I'm saying.

MMA_scientist
05-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Gouveia looks pathetic. He is gassed already. From doing nothing.

He looks kind of drunk.

ManBoobKilla
05-08-2010, 12:08 AM
can you post the link please?

SPX
05-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Gouveia looks pathetic. He is gassed already. From doing nothing.

He looks kind of drunk.

He does not look like the guy who almost TKOd Reljic.

MMA_scientist
05-08-2010, 12:09 AM
A. I hate myself for not pulling the trigger.

B. This announcer is a db. A massive one.

poopoo333
05-08-2010, 12:10 AM

zY|
05-08-2010, 12:11 AM
LOL Gouveia!

Good reffing job though.

SPX
A. I hate myself for not pulling the trigger.

I remember reading that about 30% of dogs win in MMA and that had an impact on me. Sounds about right, too.

edman5555
im glad i put 10u on jimmo

MMA_scientist
05-08-2010, 12:12 AM
Gouveia using drunken monkey kung fu...

zY|
05-08-2010, 12:14 AM
What's this shit with bothering the cornermen during the fight?

SPX
05-08-2010, 12:15 AM

That's an MFC thing.

MMA_scientist
05-08-2010, 12:15 AM
I can't take this guy any more. Mute.

zY|
05-08-2010, 12:16 AM

That's an MFC thing.

It's pretty ridiculous. Especially "how's he doing"? After he's been getting completely plastered for 2.5 rounds.

SPX

You've never heard "the Voice" before?

poopoo333
I love the voice.

MMA_scientist
05-08-2010, 12:18 AM

I guess I have never noticed. It is really distracting how retarded he is.

zY|
05-08-2010, 12:18 AM
The Voice for president.

MMA_scientist
05-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Gouveia should be ashamed of himself. He didn't train for that fight. Period.

Svino

'The Big Kabosh!"

"It's Goodnight Irene!"

and best of all, the way he says "Guy Metzger!"

poopoo333
Two 2:1 dogs won tonight. There won't be a 3rd.

SPX
Damn, Gouveia got owned.

DAMN YOU FIORAVANTI!

Svino
05-08-2010, 12:20 AM

Yeah, that seemed wrong to me, too.

SPX
05-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Two 2:1 dogs won tonight. There won't be a 3rd.

Probability FTW!

MMA_scientist
05-08-2010, 12:21 AM
I didn't realize that was the same guy as the good night irene guy.

No, not a fan.

SPX
05-08-2010, 12:26 AM
Okay Scientist, I'm gonna be counting on some of that good standup you were talking about earlier. . .

ManBoobKilla
05-08-2010, 12:26 AM
thank you for the link

SPX
05-08-2010, 12:28 AM
thank you for the link

Shouldn't you be out destroying some man boobs or something?

Not to say we're not happy to see you here or anything. . .

MMA_scientist
05-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Okay Scientist, I'm gonna be counting on some of that good standup you were talking about earlier. . .

Well I have a black could of doom hanging over me. I called the dogs but didn't bet them, so that means Leites is going to lose.

zY|
05-08-2010, 12:30 AM
God what a bad main event. I can't even remember the last time Leites wasn't in a shitty fight.

SPX
05-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Well I have a black could of doom hanging over me. I called the dogs but didn't bet them, so that means Leites is going to lose.

I've actually wondered what's up with that. Because you call a lot of dogs right. But it seems the ones you're on target with are never the ones you actually choose to bet.

MMA_scientist
05-08-2010, 12:33 AM
Well, Taylor lasted longer on the ground than I thought.

poopoo333
05-08-2010, 12:33 AM
That was easy. I smiled when Taylor shot.

ManBoobKilla
05-08-2010, 12:34 AM
thank you for the link

Shouldn't you be out destroying some man boobs or something?

Not to say we're not happy to see you here or anything. . .

LOL!! already did that. Just got back from jiu jitsu class, just in time for my parlay bet of alvarez, leites, and Kos

SPX
Well shit. . .

DAMN YOU FIORAVANTI!

Svino
Bad game-plan from Taylor.

Ludo
If only I'd bet straight on Leites...

zY|
I like how Thales nearly fell out of the ring with a locked in triangle.

MMA_scientist
05-08-2010, 12:35 AM
Leites had 3 near subs and good night Irene in just under 3 minutes.

Taylor is a moron. Why did he shoot.

SPX
05-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Nice! I like it. . .

But if JT$'s gonna do this shit, he's really gonna have to learn some sub defense because he's all gay for wrestling and that means he's gonna spend a lot of time in the danger zone as far as subs go.

zY|
05-08-2010, 12:37 AM
Leites had 3 near subs and good night Irene in just under 3 minutes.

Taylor is a moron. Why did he shoot.

I don't really care why he shot I'm just glad he did. I love when high level grapplers get to do their thang. I could die without ever seeing Thales Leites engage in another lackluster striking affair.

SPX
05-08-2010, 12:37 AM
By the way, Scientist, I know I defend strikers a lot, but you might be surprised to learn that I actually used to do judo for a little while.

poopoo333
05-08-2010, 12:38 AM
+1.07 units.

On to UFC 113 tomorrow night! Can't wait.

MMA_scientist
05-08-2010, 12:41 AM
By the way, Scientist, I know I defend strikers a lot, but you might be surprised to learn that I actually used to do judo for a little while.

Sweet. I dig judo. I hate all the new stupid rules though.

I actually like striking too. I am just gay for brazilian jiu jitsu.

SPX
05-08-2010, 12:41 AM
+1.07 units.

On to UFC 113 tomorrow night! Can't wait.

Nice. Congrats.

I would've cleared a little over a unit if not for the less popular Mario brother.

As it stands, I picked up about .48u and slightly expanded my 5dimes account. So fuck it. No complaints.

MMA_scientist
05-08-2010, 12:42 AM
1.78 got right before the giant loss I am going to take tomorrow.

Have a good weekend boys.

SPX
05-08-2010, 12:43 AM

There's a bit of a revolt in the judo community actually regarding all the rules, and there are a segment of judokas who want to go back the 1970s rule set that allowed a lot more groundwork.

I did judo for about 6 months. Got a yellow belt. But I hurt my back in the process and never really have recovered. (And don't have the money to go to the doctor.)

MMA_scientist
05-08-2010, 12:46 AM

There's a bit of a revolt in the judo community actually regarding all the rules, and there are a segment of judokas who want to go back the 1970s rule set that allowed a lot more groundwork.

I did judo for about 6 months. Got a yellow belt. But I hurt my back in the process and never really have recovered. (And don't have the money to go to the doctor.)

Its even worse than that now. You cant even grab the legs now. No double legs. Its watered down too much.

I still do judo occasionally when I getting ready for a gi bjj competition. I just do it a little to brush up on gi takedowns.

But that is the issue with judo and wrestling as an adult: you get hurt too much.

Svino
05-08-2010, 12:51 AM
Its even worse than that now. You cant even grab the legs now. No double legs. Its watered down too much.

Woah, seriously!? You can't even do leg takedowns in judo competitions now? Lame.

zY|
05-08-2010, 12:53 AM
1.78 got right before the giant loss I am going to take tomorrow.

What giant loss are you anticipating?

I know you're big on Hendricks but he's not losing to Grant.

MMA_scientist
05-08-2010, 12:55 AM
[quote="MMA_scientist":3brhtc5j]1.78 got right before the giant loss I am going to take tomorrow.

What giant loss are you anticipating?

I know you're big on Hendricks but he's not losing to Grant.[/quote:3brhtc5j]

I think either Hendricks or Hague will lose (hopefully not both). Salter is a small bet as a dog. Kos will win.

MMA_scientist
05-08-2010, 12:57 AM

Woah, seriously!? You can't even do leg takedowns in judo competitions now? Lame.

yes, lame indeed. I am not sure of the particulars, all I was told is no leg grabbing. I think it is actually very complex, I don't even think the IJF knows what it means.

It is basically a rule to get the wrestlers out of the tournaments, IMO. Its the same crap they pulled with the 5 seconds on teh ground deal to get the bjj guys out.

Yeah, lets not get better, lets just change the rules to fit the objective.

This is why I pray mma or bjj never become olympic sports.

Look how stupid freestyle and greco wrestling are now. Every match comes down to a coin flip. You get points for pushing the guy off the mat. It is retarded. If you want to watch wresting, you have to watch college.

SPX
05-08-2010, 01:03 AM
^^^ I agree with you regarding the state of Judo.

Truthfully, my throws were never great. I excelled on the ground, if anywhere. But I think that ground work is a big part of Judo--yes, JUDO--so I resent the implication that armbars and chokes are necessarily BJJ.

Luke
05-08-2010, 12:20 PM
^^^ I excelled on the ground, if anywhere. .

I bet you were one of the best while on your knees

SPX
05-08-2010, 12:24 PM
I bet you were one of the best while on your knees

Oh, Luke. . .

Always trying to come to terms with your repressed homosexuality by making jokes about others. . .