PDA

View Full Version : James Toney got his Gold Belt?

Mr. IWS
05-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Juanito must have a different belt system:

Current IBA heavyweight champion James ‘Lights Out’ Toney confirmed rumors that a bout with UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture (18-10) is in the works and near finalized. The bout is expected to take place at UFC 118 in late August at the TD Garden in Boston although this has yet to be officially announced.
“I gave the ok on my part, I don’t know about him but right now all I know is [Randy Couture] is most likely my first victim. All he’s got to do is sign the contract and we’ll get it on” stated Toney.
The former IBF boxing champion claimed that his preparation leading up to his MMA debut will be sufficient enough to thwart any offense Couture may attempt to mount.
“All fights start standing and that’s my comfort zone, that’s my domain and he’ll have to enter it. If he thinks he can just walk up on me and take it to the ground he’s got another thing coming, I’ll toss a bitch to the side if I have to. It doesn't matter if it’s MMA, kickboxing, hopscotch I got the highest fight IQ in the game period. Six weeks will be more than enough to learn the clinch game and all that, you feel me. I’ll be ready don’t worry about that, thing is it won’t even get that far I’m [going to] sit him down in the first minute. Even if it does go to the ground I was told my grappling is at gold belt level, so he’s in trouble pretty much everywhere. You see these MMA guys getting knocked out by sissy punches, well time to step up and fight a real puncher.”
“I wanted to fight Couture from the start, he be calling me out and stuff so let’s get it on. I’ll fight anyone of these big guys in the UFC you know what I’m saying. I don’t want to waste my time on anything but the best so then afterwards they can’t make no excuses.”

Luke
05-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Toney just talking more crap.

They give belts away so easily these days I would be surprised if he had a BJJ black belt by fight night lol

Ludo
05-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Olympic greco roman wrestling > gold belt "grappling", whatever the fuck that even means

zY|
05-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Gold belt just means he has 15k posts on Sherdog. Obviously Toney is a forum troll.

Luke
05-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Gold belt just means he has 15k posts on Sherdog. Obviously Toney is a forum troll.

::lmao::

Mr. IWS
05-14-2010, 06:03 PM
You know this mutherfucker will be UN-BEARABLE if he wins this one.

Luke
05-14-2010, 06:10 PM
You know this mutherfucker will be UN-BEARABLE if he wins this one.

Oh yeah you'll never hear the end of it