PDA

View Full Version : So where does Kimbo go now?

SPX
05-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Serious question.

It's possible that he just gets out of MMA completely.

If not, then I really doubt Strikeforce would want him. So I see two options: 1) either bum around in promotions like Shine Fights, Art of War, KOTC, etc or 2) go to Japan.

zY|
05-14-2010, 05:34 PM
If he's still going to do mma he needs to go to japan asap. Who doesn't want to see kimbo vs sapp? Kimbo vs Minowa? Kimbo vs sakuraba? Kimbo vs Jose canseco? They would love him over there.

He doesn't need to be fighting legitimate fighters. When meathead was on top of him in the second round he looked like an old black homeless man getting beaten up with no desire to be there. Plus his knees are shot.

Personally I think he should just cash in on Kimbo Slice the brand and do B movies and commercials and whatever else. He can make money without getting punched or kicked in the knee.

SPX
05-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Word.

I think that both in terms of his success as an MMA fighter (i.e. actually getting some wins) and his financial success, Japan is his best option. I wonder if he has actually been approached by DREAM to fight over there.

Mr. IWS
05-14-2010, 05:55 PM
If he's still going to do mma he needs to go to japan asap. Who doesn't want to see kimbo vs sapp? Kimbo vs Minowa? Kimbo vs sakuraba? Kimbo vs Jose canseco? They would love him over there.

He doesn't need to be fighting legitimate fighters. When meathead was on top of him in the second round he looked like an old black homeless man getting beaten up with no desire to be there. Plus his knees are shot.

Personally I think he should just cash in on Kimbo Slice the brand and do B movies and commercials and whatever else. He can make money without getting punched or kicked in the knee.

This

Luke
05-14-2010, 05:59 PM
I think Kimbo should go to strikeforce and fight a couple more bums then head to Japan for the freak show tour. I read he was making 350k-550k a fight in Strikeforce/EliteXC. So I say fight 3-4 fights in SF then go to the freak shows

Mr. IWS
05-14-2010, 06:04 PM
The Milf hunter always could use him.

zY|
05-14-2010, 06:05 PM
The Milf hunter always could use him.

Haha yeah. He could go bodyguard for War Machine in the BangBus.

SPX
05-14-2010, 06:07 PM
I think Kimbo should go to strikeforce and fight a couple more bums then head to Japan for the freak show tour. I read he was making 350k-550k a fight in Strikeforce/EliteXC. So I say fight 3-4 fights in SF then go to the freak shows

Do you really think that SF would offer him a contract at this point?

I know they like money and all, but I really think they want to do everything they can to avoid the reputation of the organization that takes the UFC's rejects.

Mr. IWS
05-14-2010, 06:13 PM

I know they like money and all, but I really think they want to do everything they can to avoid the reputation of the organization that takes the UFC's rejects.

I could see them throwing him on a CBS card. Hershall Walker/Kimbo would do big ratings.

SPX
05-14-2010, 06:14 PM
I could see them throwing him on a CBS card. Hershall Walker/Kimbo would do big ratings.

I'd watch it. I'm guessing Kimbo takes that one.

Luke
05-14-2010, 06:44 PM

Yes I think Strikeforce would be thrilled to have him back. Give him 2-3 cans and then put him up against Fedor

SPX
05-14-2010, 06:47 PM
. . . and then put him up against Fedor

I'd love to see the line on that one.

Luke
05-14-2010, 06:53 PM

It was a joke

SPX
05-14-2010, 06:54 PM
It was a joke

Thanks for clearing that up. . .

Luke
05-14-2010, 08:31 PM
It was a joke

Thanks for clearing that up. . .

I cleared your mom up and out

Mr. IWS
05-14-2010, 08:34 PM

It was a joke

Shit, I would still like to see that.

SPX
05-14-2010, 09:04 PM

I introduce the mom joke to the forum and now Luke's like a kid with a new toy that he can't get enough of. . .

Luke
05-14-2010, 09:28 PM

I introduce the mom joke to the forum and now Luke's like a kid with a new toy that he can't get enough of. . .

Thanks for the easy set up but I'll let this one slide

SPX
05-14-2010, 09:46 PM

Your mom.

Luke
05-14-2010, 09:54 PM

Your mom.

::lmao::