PDA

View Full Version : Batista (WWE)maybe coming to MMA

Luke
05-27-2010, 10:39 PM
According to legendary WWE commentator Jim Ross, Dave Batista could be the latest professional wrestler headed to the violent world of mixed martial arts.

Here is what J.R. posted on his official blog:

[quote:gms16jis]“Speaking of MMA, I’ve heard some rumblings that when Batista gets healthy that he might try his hand in the MMA world. This rumor is FAR from official but I do know that Batista has been doing some MMA training and has a bona fide interest in the genre.

This would be a huge challenge for Batista if he indeed attempts to compete in MMA at a high level which, again, is not a done deal.”

If Batista decides to pursue an MMA career, one of the many issues the 41-year-old will be forced to address is his ridiculously chiseled physique.

In August 2007, Batista was accused of juicing after an ESPN article released the names of several wrestlers that were clients of Signature Pharmacy of Orlando, Florida, one of many pharmacies under investigation for filling illegal prescription drugs.

Batista vehemently denied being a customer of Signature and stated that he has been “tested regularly by the WWE, and I am in full compliance with the WWE Wellness Program.” The WWE reportedly suspended ten wrestlers named in the controversy, however Batista was not one of them.

UFC heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar and Strikefoce’s Bobby Lashley made the jump to MMA a few years ago and have done surprisingly well for themselves, particularly Lesnar.[/quote:gms16jis]

::handshake::

poopoo333
05-27-2010, 10:41 PM
Put him in with Timmeh.

SPX
05-27-2010, 10:43 PM
41's a little old. But it's really no surprise that so many pro-wrestling guys are wanting to try their hand at MMA.

I know the Undertaker has said that if MMA were an option when he started his career then that's what he would've been doing. I mean, a lot of these guys come from real wrestling backgrounds as it is, so it's not like they don't like to be competitive in a physical way.

I've never been a hater in that regard. Most guys who come to MMA come from some other profession, whether they're an accountant or an engineer or cashier at a grocery store. People give pro-wrestlers too much shit.

Luke
05-27-2010, 10:47 PM
41's a little old. But it's really no surprise that so many pro-wrestling guys are wanting to try their hand at MMA.

I know the Undertaker has said that if MMA were an option when he started his career then that's what he would've been doing. I mean, a lot of these guys come from real wrestling backgrounds as it is, so it's not like they don't like to be competitive in a physical way.

I've never been a hater in that regard. Most guys who come to MMA come from some other profession, whether they're an accountant or an engineer or cashier at a grocery store. People give pro-wrestlers too much shit.

I think WWE guys want to go to MMA because its easier on there bodies. MMA fighters fight once every 6 months for decent money, WWE wrestlers have to wrestle 4 or more times a week for little money and it kills their bodies

SPX
05-27-2010, 10:51 PM
I think WWE guys want to go to MMA because its easier on there bodies. MMA fighters fight once every 6 months for decent money, WWE wrestlers have to wrestle 4 or more times a week for little money and it kills their bodies

Agreed.

I think it comes down to bodies and family time. These guys have wives and kids. The pro-wrestling life is just too much for guys like that.

Luke
05-27-2010, 10:53 PM
Agreed.

I think it comes down to bodies and family time. These guys have wives and kids. The pro-wrestling life is just too much for guys like that.

I think so too. I think the money is about the same. WWE guys might make more but they dont get the sponors that MMA fighters do so it all equals out .

zY|
05-27-2010, 10:56 PM
41 year old guy with no skill.

cool story

SPX
05-27-2010, 10:57 PM
I think so too. I think the money is about the same. WWE guys might make more but they dont get the sponors that MMA fighters do so it all equals out .

I think it comes down to where you are in the respective sports (if you want to call pro-wrestling a sport).

I mean, obviously Brock was making a hell of a lot more than Nick Oscipczak is, even with the sponsorships.

But even if the money's equal--or even if they can make more in the WWE--I think that the other benefits, like more time with their family and more time just being a real human being, are worth whatever kind of pay cut they're looking at.

Ludo
05-27-2010, 11:10 PM
As long as some of these guys have been big in the WWE I imagine the pay cut is nothing really. They likely have millions saved or at least access to millions at a time. And sponsors will eat it up that these guys are former WWE stars, sponsorship would be easy to get and it would alleviate pretty much all costs as far as training goes.

Mr. IWS
05-28-2010, 08:32 AM
Batista vs. Kimbo would make some money in Japan.

Luke
06-17-2010, 10:24 PM
According to a source I spoke with who is close to Batista, the now former WWE superstar has been telling friends that he has been offered a two fight MMA deal with StrikeForce. This has not, however, been confirmed or announced by StrikeForce.

As we reported earlier today, Batista attended the StrikeForce event last night, and word coming out of the show is that Batista is currently NOT entertaining the idea of fighting, but rather he wants to concentrate on his acting career.

I was also told that Batista has many contacts in the modeling world, and it wouldn't be a surprise to see Batista use potential modeling gigs as a way of getting his foot in the acting door.

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
06-18-2010, 08:38 AM
Batista vs Lashley on PPV with Fedor vs Ubereem would sell pretty good.

zY|
06-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Batista vs Lashley on PPV with Fedor vs Ubereem would sell pretty good.

Add Herschell Walker vs Jose Canseco and Kimbo vs Minowaman and it's the card of the year.

Luke
06-18-2010, 03:20 PM
[quote="IWS Zak":2jatcfdt]Batista vs Lashley on PPV with Fedor vs Ubereem would sell pretty good.

Add Herschell Walker vs Jose Canseco and Kimbo vs Minowaman and it's the card of the year.[/quote:2jatcfdt]

More like freak show of the year

Mr. IWS
06-18-2010, 03:27 PM
I would definatly stream it.

Luke
06-18-2010, 03:36 PM

Yes I would for sure pay for the electricity stream it from my laptop to the tv ::handshake::

zY|
06-18-2010, 03:37 PM

Yes I would for sure pay for the electricity stream it from my laptop to the tv ::handshake::

Yup.

I'd HDMI the fuck out of that grainy shit.

Luke
07-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Batista Training with Cesar Gracie Camp
Former World Wrestling Entertainment star Dave Batista started a two-day training stint with the Cesar Gracie camp Wednesday after Strikeforce helped facilitate the connection with the potential signee and the noted California gym.

Gracie told Sherdog.com that Batista arrived this afternoon and is working technique drills with Nick and Nathan Diaz, Jake Shields and Gilbert Melendez in the Cesar Gracie gym in Lodi, Calif.

“We’ll see how it goes,” Gracie said. “If he wants to fight, we’ll get him going.”

Strikeforce is negotiating with the multi-time Wrestlemania headliner to try his hand in MMA. A long-time fan of the sport, who has reportedly trained at the Affliction training facility in Los Angeles, Batista began talks with Strikeforce last month after ending a lucrative eight-year run with the WWE. Batista said in interviews that he had become disillusioned with the industry and has pursued film acting.

Gracie said the connection started with Batista training partner Imani Lee, who fought on the same Dream 14 card as Nick Diaz in May.

“Nick and Imani, they started working, talking and working technique and then Imani expressed his desire to come up,” Gracie said.

Batista and Lee tried to contact Diaz for several days after the event, Gracie said, but were unsuccessful. They went to Strikeforce for help reaching Gracie, and the promotion facilitated the connection.

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker has said he would be interested to see Batista, 41, tested in the MMA cage, and is particularly interested in matching him with another WWE alumnus in Bobby Lashley.

Gracie said he’s still not sure if Batista will fight, but is more than open to help him figure it out.

“If he wants to fight or not, that’s up to him,” he said. “People want to come in and train with us, then we’re all for it.”

Another thug in the making

zY|
07-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Training with Cesar Gracie?

Shit, I guess the potential Batista/Canseco blockbuster is out the window.

Luke
07-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Lashley-Basista

Sounds like a Wrestlemania card LOL

zY|
07-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Lashley-Basista

Sounds like a Wrestlemania card LOL

Yeah you know that's what Coker is thinking.

I'd watch. You know wrestling fans would eat that shit up too.

Luke
07-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Yeah you know that's what Coker is thinking.

I'd watch. You know wrestling fans would eat that shit up too.

I wonder what the odds on Lashley via chair to the head would be?