PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best chance of winning at UFC 116?

Luke
06-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Who has the best chance of winning at UFC 116? Please vote once and lets try to do better as a whole than the last two events. ::handshake::

Mr. IWS
06-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Who has the best chance of winning at UFC 116?

It probably wont be the guy who wins this poll. LOL

SPX
06-21-2010, 03:42 PM
You could at least spell Carwin's name right.

Luke
06-21-2010, 03:49 PM
You could at least spell Carwin's name right.

thank you spell check nerd

MMA_scientist
06-21-2010, 03:54 PM
IWS poll = massive fail

I voted for Reljic

SPX
06-21-2010, 04:08 PM
I voted Carwin.

Luke
06-21-2010, 04:12 PM
I voted Carwin.

you would

zY|
06-21-2010, 05:41 PM
I voted for Wand.

Stomping out azn cans is his forte.

Thewiseman
06-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Sotiropoulos

High5
06-22-2010, 01:08 AM
Sotiropoulos, but who ever wins the poll....I'm NOT going to bet on him!

poopoo333
06-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Out of those, Wandy.

Thewiseman
06-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Sotiropoulos, but who ever wins the poll....I'm NOT going to bet on him!
I am gonna be on George for sure.

MMA_scientist
06-22-2010, 10:24 AM
I think Pelligrino is going to beat George.

Thewiseman
06-22-2010, 02:35 PM
I think Pelligrino is going to beat George.
why?

MMA_scientist
06-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Because I think he has better hands, and better wrestling. His bjj is probably about equal to George's and should have enough to win a top control decision or win the fight on his feet. I just think its a bad matchup for George... basically all the same reasons I thought Stevenson would beat George. I think Stevenson just had an off night, and I would take him in a rematch.

Basically, I just think George is overrated.

zY|
06-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Because I think he has better hands, and better wrestling. His bjj is probably about equal to George's and should have enough to win a top control decision or win the fight on his feet. I just think its a bad matchup for George... basically all the same reasons I thought Stevenson would beat George. I think Stevenson just had an off night, and I would take him in a rematch.

I can see why you think Pelegrino would win, but thinking Stevenson would beat him in a rematch just shows your bias. Having an 'off-night' doesn't get you dominated from pillar to post in all aspects of the game.

Thewiseman
06-22-2010, 03:16 PM

Kurt can win a top control decision, But I think he cant hang with george on the mat or on the feet.

Luke
06-22-2010, 03:20 PM
I can see why you think Pelegrino would win, but thinking Stevenson would beat him in a rematch just shows your bias. Having an 'off-night' doesn't get you dominated from pillar to post in all aspects of the game.

I agree with Zy. Rampage had an "off night" against Evans.Stevenson just got his ass beat

SPX
06-22-2010, 05:13 PM
I agree with Zy. Rampage had an "off night" against Evans.Stevenson just got his ass beat

I also agree. Stevenson is solid, but George outclassed him and I think he'd do it again.

SPX
06-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Kurt can win a top control decision, But I think he cant hang with george on the mat or on the feet.

When has George ever demonstrated very impressive striking?

Thewiseman
06-22-2010, 06:11 PM

When has George ever demonstrated very impressive striking?
He beat Stevenson on the feet.

SPX
06-22-2010, 06:26 PM

Did you even see that fight?

Thewiseman
06-22-2010, 06:35 PM

Did you even see that fight?
Yeah. He beat Stevenson on the feet.

Luke
06-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Wanderlei Silva Out of UFC 116 so I'm taking that fight down

edman5555
06-23-2010, 08:16 PM
I just rewatched STevenson Sotiropolous. It was actually a very close fight...R1 went to sotir. R2 and R3 were very close. Sotir was also wearing those guards?? on his legs. I don't know what they are called but I know they aren't legal in america..i think. They aren't axactly magic pants but he basically had the same effect which allowed him to reverse Joe in one of the rounds by trapping Joes arm between his legs. It might have been able to do it anywasys but having those grips on your legs helps some. He probably would have won anyway but it was close as hell.

Joe was taken down once or twice when throwing kicks as well..also Joes striking isn't all that great. At least it didn't look good in that fight.

Sotir had hometown crowd and fight advantage..he doesn't have to travel 5000 miles to fight. Thats gotta be helpful as well. Joes Stevenson took him down 3 or 4 times as well.

I haven't watched much Pellegrino footage but I'm about to.

Luke
06-23-2010, 09:13 PM
I just rewatched STevenson Sotiropolous. It was actually a very close fight...R1 went to sotir. R2 and R3 were very close. Sotir was also wearing those guards?? on his legs. I don't know what they are called but I know they aren't legal in america..i think. They aren't axactly magic pants but he basically had the same effect which allowed him to reverse Joe in one of the rounds by trapping Joes arm between his legs. It might have been able to do it anywasys but having those grips on your legs helps some. He probably would have won anyway but it was close as hell.

Joe was taken down once or twice when throwing kicks as well..also Joes striking isn't all that great. At least it didn't look good in that fight.

Sotir had hometown crowd and fight advantage..he doesn't have to travel 5000 miles to fight. Thats gotta be helpful as well. Joes Stevenson took him down 3 or 4 times as well.

I haven't watched much Pellegrino footage but I'm about to.

From what I remember Stevenson got dominated.Someone give me a link so I can rewatch the fight

SPX
06-23-2010, 09:15 PM
From what I remember Stevenson got dominated.

Me too. Stevenson had a few moments, but there was no doubt at the end who won.

Thewiseman
06-23-2010, 10:16 PM
Stevenson got dominated in the first two rounds, and was on top doing nothing most of the 3rd.

Ludo
06-24-2010, 01:59 AM
Pellegrino is bar none the best grappler Aussie George has faced yet. That said I don't know how Pellegrino is going to be able to neutralize the size of George. He's huge for a Lightweight and that combined with his high level grappling make him a major threat here. Pellegrino may be against the wall here in terms of where he can realistically win this fight. George will have the striking advantage and the size advantage. Whatever advantage Batman will have on the ground could be hindered due to size. All in all it's a very interesting matchup in My opinion. However the "smart" bet as it looks is with Sotiropulous.

edman5555
06-25-2010, 10:32 PM
Pellegrino is bar none the best grappler Aussie George has faced yet. That said I don't know how Pellegrino is going to be able to neutralize the size of George. He's huge for a Lightweight and that combined with his high level grappling make him a major threat here. Pellegrino may be against the wall here in terms of where he can realistically win this fight. George will have the striking advantage and the size advantage. Whatever advantage Batman will have on the ground could be hindered due to size. All in all it's a very interesting matchup in My opinion. However the "smart" bet as it looks is with Sotiropulous.

Yeah George is big, and lanky. He might be able to win the striking battle just because of that. He is an amatuer boxer as well, so he actually has some background using his fists.

The Stevenson fight was closer than I think most people say. I think people just expected Stevenson to steamroll him and when he didn't George got hyped to all hell. Don't forget George got to wear is Pseudo magic pants,and had hometown advantage so he didn't have to travel 5000 miles .

Lets say for arguemtns sake that Stevenson and George are somewhat even of fighters. The shoe has to drop eventually. Pellegrino is decent so he might be able to beat him.

I don't know though. Its too close to call.

Luke
06-25-2010, 11:38 PM
thanks for however posted the link of the stevenson-george fight

Luke
07-04-2010, 01:52 AM
LOL we had a 4 way tie and 2 of them won

AC88
07-04-2010, 02:52 AM
Reljic disappoints sigh