View Full Version : UFC 120 England Oct 16th

Pages : [1] 2

Luke
06-28-2010, 03:34 PM
First match announced :

Dan Hardy-Carlos Condit

Mr. IWS
06-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Dam, that could be FON caliber. I wonder who Bisping is fighting on that one?

zY|
06-28-2010, 03:47 PM
I must say, that is a sexy fight.

SPX
06-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Not bad at all. Hard to pick.

zY|
07-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Two more badass fights announced.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/07/03/u ... e-vs-gust/ (http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/07/03/ufc-120-battle-of-unbeateans-hathaway-vs-kim-diabate-vs-gust/)

UFC 120: Battle of Unbeatens Hathaway vs. Kim; Diabate vs. Gustafsson

by Mike Chiappetta
MMA Writer

Two more fights have been verbally agreed to in the rapidly developing UFC 120 event.

Fast-rising welterweight star John Hathaway returns to the octagon against Dong Hyun Kim in a matchup of unbeatens, while Alexander Gustafsson will take on Cyrille Diabate in a light-heavyweight bout.

Sources have confirmed to MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani that both fights have been verbally agreed to.

The 22-year-old Hathaway has surged towards the front of the UFC's 170-pound division with four straight wins, including a breakthrough win in a dominant decision over Diego Sanchez during May's UFC 114. He's 14-0 overall.

Kim (13-0-1, 1 no contest) has four wins and one no contest in his UFC run, also earning a victory at UFC 114 with a decision against former Ultimate Fighter winner Amir Sadollah.

The rangy, 6-foot-6 Diabate recently made his UFC debut with a first-round TKO over Brazilian striker Luiz Cane. Diabate is 17-6-1 in his career.

Gustafsson recently suffered his first career setback, dropping to 9-1 with a first-round submission loss at the hands of blue-chip prospect Phil Davis.

UFC 120 takes place in London's 02 Arena. A welterweight bout between former No. 1 contender Dan Hardy and Carlos Condit is also in the works, along with a heavyweight tilt pitting power striker Cheick Kongo against unbeaten American Travis Browne.

Also via Twitter, Cheick Kongo to fight Travis Browne

http://twitter.com/iamcheickkongo/status/17615544382

My Next Fight will be at UFC 120 against Travis Browne on October 16, 2010, at the O2 Arena in London, UK ... http://twitpic.com/21wpoy

Regardless if this event doesn't get a nice headliner, should be pretty sick for a free card.

Mr. IWS
07-03-2010, 08:58 PM
this has all the makings of a bunch of dudes pulling out injured. This card is too good to be true.

Luke
07-04-2010, 01:29 AM
damn good fights .Nice find ZY

Luke
07-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Spencer Fisher signs four-fight deal, meets newcomer Kurt Warburton at UFC 120

Luke
07-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Michael Bisping vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama announced as the headliner of this event

zY|
07-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Michael Bisping vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama announced as the headliner of this event

Damn, Akiyama coming back so soon?

Luke
07-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Hardy -Condit will be co main event .Bisping Akiyama main event

Mr. IWS
07-09-2010, 02:28 PM
This card is shaping up to be real nice.

SPX
07-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Interesting. I wonder what sort of line we're going to get on that one.

Luke
07-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Interesting. I wonder what sort of line we're going to get on that one.

which one?

SPX
07-09-2010, 04:52 PM
which one?

Either really, but especially Bisping/Akiyama.

Akiyama just got subbed by Leben and wasn't looking great even before the sub, so I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see him come in as the dog here.

Luke
07-09-2010, 04:58 PM
which one?

Either really, but especially Bisping/Akiyama.

Akiyama just got subbed by Leben and wasn't looking great even before the sub, so I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see him come in as the dog here.

Bisping -175

Ludo
07-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Bisping wins this fight 9 out of 10 times. Akiyama gassed horribly against Belcher and he did the same thing against Leben. After the midway point of the second round it's like someone flips a switch that makes him lose all his energy. Bisping will use footwork to outstrike him and take a decision most likely.

zY|
07-10-2010, 01:58 AM
If Akiyama had better conditioning he'd easily beat both Bisping AND Leben.

As it stands, I have to favor Bisping.

Ludo
07-10-2010, 02:00 AM
If he had better cardio he could be top 5 in the division. With Judo that good and a chin that hard he could go really far if he was able to last more than seven and a half minutes before his hands went to his sides.

Luke
07-11-2010, 06:55 PM
James McSweeney vs. Tom Blackledge set for this card

Guess McSweeney isnt cut and he's dropping back to 205

Luke
07-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Cyrille Diabate vs. Alexander Gustafsson

A light-heavyweight bout between Cyrille Diabate (17-6-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and Alexander Gustafsson (9-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) will be part of October's UFC 120 event.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com (http://www.mmajunkie.com)) confirmed with a source close to the event that bout agreements are being finalized for the matchup, which was first reported by MMAFighting.com.

UFC 120 takes place Oct. 16 at The O2 in London. The night's main card airs via same-day delay on Spike TV.

Diabate vs. Gustafsson is likely to be part of the night's preliminary card.

Diabate, a French kickboxer who made his pro MMA debut more than a decade ago, recently picked up his sixth consecutive win with a TKO of Luiz Cane. That UFC 114 bout marked the PRIDE and EliteXC's UFC debut.

Nicknamed "Snake," Diabate continues to round out his game. Earlier in his career, the 36-year-old relied heavily on his hands, and he was often stopped by submission fighters. But lately, he's submitted as many opponents as he's knocked out.

His upcoming opponent, Gustafsson, is a Swedish striker who opened his career with nine straight victories. Seven of them, including his octagon debut against Jared Hamman at UFC 105, came via knockout.

However, in his most recent bout, the 23-year-old suffered a submission loss to highly touted Phil Davis at UFC 112.

The latest UFC 120 card now includes:

•Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Michael Bisping*
•Carlos Condit vs. Dan Hardy*
•John Hathaway vs. Dong Hyun Kim*
•Travis Browne vs. Cheick Kongo*
•Spencer Fisher vs. Kurt Warburton
*•Tom Blackledge vs. James McSweeney*
•Cyrille Diabate vs. Alexander Gustafsson
*•Rob Broughton vs. Vinicius Kappke de Quieroz*
•Paul Sass vs. TBA

Mr. IWS
07-12-2010, 02:03 PM
^^^^^^^ Somebody gettin KTFO in that one.

Luke
07-14-2010, 02:41 PM
Claude Patrick VS James Wilks added

poopoo333
07-18-2010, 11:59 AM
http://www.bestfightodds.com/events/294.png (http://www.bestfightodds.com)

SPX
07-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Akiyama at +200 would've been a sure bet for me if one of my books had had that opening line. I see that it got pounded and there's no wonder why. We'll see what happens with it. As of right now, the fight's a no-bet for me. But I'd take Bisping at -150 and Akiyama at +175.

Luke
07-18-2010, 01:26 PM
holy crap Bisping opened at -280????

poopoo333
07-18-2010, 03:04 PM
I like Bisping for a big play @-155.

SPX
07-18-2010, 06:02 PM

My problem with betting on Bisping is this:

Kang took Bisping down and controlled him for the entire first round. If he could've kept his shit together, then I don't see why he couldn't have repeated that performance for the next two.

Akiyama's cardio was obviously poor for the Leben fight, but I think a lot of his issues also had to do with the fact that Leben hits hard as fuck and Akiyama was dealing with the cobwebs from the first round on. After all, Akiyama didn't look nearly as bad in the Belcher fight, and Bisping will not hit him nearly as hard as Leben did. If it stays on the feet, Bisping will outpoint him. But I can definitely see Akiyama winning via Judo Surprise.

poopoo333
07-18-2010, 06:44 PM

Kang took Bisping down and controlled him for the entire first round. If he could've kept his shit together, then I don't see why he couldn't have repeated that performance for the next two.

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that Kang dropped Bisping with a punch, and didn't take him down.

Ludo
07-18-2010, 07:44 PM
PP is right, it was a punch that dropped Bisping.

SPX
07-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Fair enough. In any case, once Kang was on top, Bisping stayed active but couldn't really escape. With Akiyama's Judo, he should be able to take Bisping down and achieve the same position.

Ludo
07-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Only if he can lock him up first. Bisping is notoriously hard to submit on the ground. I don't see Akiyama threatening him much past the first round, Bisping will use better footwork to win this via decision.

AC88
07-18-2010, 08:44 PM
The Akiyama/Bisping fight is actually harder to call than it seems.

zY|
07-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Well I could certainly see Akiyama dropping him with a punch as well.

Luke
07-19-2010, 03:44 PM
What the hells going on with this Bisping line? It started at -280/+200 then went clear down to -155/+120 now its back to -260/+180

::haptime::

SPX
07-19-2010, 04:51 PM
What the hells going on with this Bisping line? It started at -280/+200 then went clear down to -155/+120 now its back to -260/+180

::haptime::

It's definitely bouncing around. I'm wondering what Bookmaker/Bodog are going to open at. Bookmaker's really been disappointing me lately with their late lines.

Luke
07-20-2010, 01:09 PM
http://www.bestfightodds.com/fights/2885.png

Luke
07-21-2010, 03:55 PM
http://www.bestfightodds.com/fights/2967.png

Mr. IWS
07-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Luke breaking all kinds of news today!

Luke
07-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Luke breaking all kinds of news today!

I've been lazy lately .Figured I'd help out for atleast a day lol

poopoo333
08-16-2010, 05:20 PM
I kind of think Akiyama might be able to land a big shot early and put Bisping down. I originally thought Akiyama was going to lose a lopsided decision, but now I am kind of leaning towards Sexyama @+200 odds.

SPX
08-16-2010, 05:32 PM
I kind of think Akiyama might be able to land a big shot early and put Bisping down. I originally thought Akiyama was going to lose a lopsided decision, but now I am kind of leaning towards Sexyama @+200 odds.

It's entirely possible. Losing to an underrated Leben shouldn't be blown out of proportion. I also think Akiyama will be able to take him down and he is definitely superior to Bisping on the ground.

poopoo333
08-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Condit/Hardy is a tough fight to call as well. How is Condit's takedowns? I don't really remember his fights well from the WEC, and I haven't seen the Condit/Kampmann fight since it happened.

SPX
08-16-2010, 05:38 PM
I don't think Condit's takedowns are all that great. In fact, a lot of times he's on the receiving end of the takedown. If Hardy's smart then he should be able to keep this primarily a striking match and, on the feet, I think Hardy takes it.

I will probably go ahead and make a play on Hardy at -155, pending a little more research.

SPX
08-16-2010, 05:42 PM
I know the line sucks, but I'm thinking of going ahead and making a play on Hathaway. I think he will have the edge EVERYWHERE and will soundly beat Pyle wherever the fight goes.

MMA_scientist
08-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Agree on Hardy. Condit has a way though... he is pretty good striker himself. I think Hardy will be able to stop the takedowns. I am just not convinced he is a better striker than Condit. Did Hardy sell us on his standup? Let's review:

Gono, split decision
Markham- KO
Swick, decision- really close
Davis, split decision

I am not sure Hardy is really that good. His takedown defense is plenty good for Condit though. Swich couldn't get him down at all. Swick has to be at least as good as Condit at takedowns (even though Condit has a wrestling background).

MMA_scientist
08-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Really, he could be 1-3 in the UFC with a little less luck... His one clean win was against Markham, who Nate Diaz also dropped with a punch.

edman5555
08-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Really, he could be 1-3 in the UFC with a little less luck... His one clean win was against Markham, who Nate Diaz also dropped with a punch.

All of Rory Markhams losses are from KO btw. well 5 and one cut. His takedown defense wasn't very good against GSP though nobodies ever really is.

poopoo333
08-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Agree on Hardy. Condit has a way though... he is pretty good striker himself. I think Hardy will be able to stop the takedowns. I am just not convinced he is a better striker than Condit. Did Hardy sell us on his standup? Let's review:

Gono, split decision
Markham- KO
Swick, decision- really close
Davis, split decision

I am not sure Hardy is really that good. His takedown defense is plenty good for Condit though. Swich couldn't get him down at all. Swick has to be at least as good as Condit at takedowns (even though Condit has a wrestling background).

I just watched Hardy vs Davis like 20 minutes ago. Hardy won on the feet, and he landed some nice GnP as well. That sort of says something since Hardy out struck the boxer. Davis lost rounds 2 and 3 kind of clearly imo, though the 3rd round was close only because Davis had top control for the first half of the round. I don't think the Swick decision was close at all: Dan Hardy def. Mike Swick via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28). I didn't see the Gono fight.

I'm not trying to argue or anything, but just pointing out that his Davis/Swick wins were on the feet. I really don't know much of Condit, I would have to watch his fights again.

SPX
08-16-2010, 05:55 PM
I disagree that his wins over Swick and Davis were that close. The Davis fight never really should've been a split decision. It wasn't destruction, but I thought Hardy had a clear advantage in both fights.

SPX
08-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Hardy's actually a pretty crisp striker. The way he clipped Swick with that left hook while being backed against the cage was beautiful.

edman5555
08-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Condit poses the threat of striking mixed in with takedowns. Hardy just seems like he strikes..

MMA_scientist
08-16-2010, 06:04 PM
So we all think Hardy's standup is for real then? If that is the case, Hardy should win. Condit has decent standup, but its not great... I really think Hardy's TD defense is actually pretty good. I expect it to be a lot better now after having GSP take him down so much.

He has a nice MT clinch, but it wont do anything to Hardy, who has to be almost as tall and looks to be a lot stronger.

SPX
08-16-2010, 06:06 PM
So we all think Hardy's standup is for real then?

Yes.

poopoo333
08-16-2010, 06:30 PM
So we all think Hardy's standup is for real then?

Yes.

I think it is "for real" but not as for real as the UFC hype train made it seem to be when hyping the GSP/Hardy fight. I think GSP would have beat Hardy on the feet as well. So I am saying it is good, but not as good as the UFC tried to make people believe it was during the primetime show.

SPX
08-16-2010, 06:32 PM
I think GSP would have beat Hardy on the feet as well.

I'm actually not so sure. And really, there was only one way to tell, but GSP fucked that up.

Ludo
08-16-2010, 10:14 PM
I don't actually think GSP would have beaten Hardy standing. Hardy has great timing and good accuracy on his counters. His footwork is above average but he is also durable enough to take a few while giving back harder shots.

Luke
08-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Mark Holst (8-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) and Paul Sass (10-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is now official

full card for UFC 120 is:

MAIN CARD

•Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Michael Bisping
•Carlos Condit vs. Dan Hardy
•John Hathaway vs. Mike Pyle
•Travis Browne vs. Cheick Kongo
•Claude Patrick vs. James Wilks
PRELIMINARY CARD (un-aired)

•Rob Broughton vs. Vinicius Kappke de Quieroz
•Steve Cantwell vs. Stanislav Nedkov
•Tom Blackledge vs. James McSweeney
•Mark Holst vs. Paul Sass

Mr. IWS
08-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Mark Holst (8-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) and Paul Sass (10-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is now official

full card for UFC 120 is:

MAIN CARD

•Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Michael Bisping
•Carlos Condit vs. Dan Hardy
•John Hathaway vs. Mike Pyle
•Travis Browne vs. Cheick Kongo
•Claude Patrick vs. James Wilks
PRELIMINARY CARD (un-aired)

•Rob Broughton vs. Vinicius Kappke de Quieroz
•Steve Cantwell vs. Stanislav Nedkov
•Tom Blackledge vs. James McSweeney
•Mark Holst vs. Paul Sass

::puke::

(excluding Condit/Hardy)

SPX
08-21-2010, 04:56 PM
::puke::

(excluding Condit/Hardy)

I think Sexy/Bisping should be good, and we get to see again what a good prospect Hathaway is. It's obviously not a great card, but the UK events rarely are.

poopoo333
08-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Kongo/Browne is intriguing.

SPX
08-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Akiyama going to Greg Jackson's. . .

ALBUQUERQUE -- As a spirited sparring session involving the likes of Donald Cerrone, Melvin Guillard and Leonard Garcia wound down at Jackson’s Mixed Martial Arts on Thursday morning, an interested observer from across the ocean stood cageside, ready to add his name to the ever-growing roster of fighters who travel to train in New Mexico.

On Wednesday, Jackson’s general manager Ricky Kottenstette had confirmed via text message that Japanese fighter Yoshihiro Akiyama would begin training under Greg Jackson in preparation for his upcoming bout with Michael Bisping at the main event of UFC 120 on Oct. 16 in London.

“I was contacted by one of his representatives, and he said that (Akiyama) was looking to join a team. I went ahead and set it up, and he’s looking forward to working with (standup coach) Mr. (Mike) Winkeljohn and Greg for this camp,” Kottenstette said.

On Thursday, the former K-1 and Dream veteran was at the school for the first time, watching a workout and then meeting with Kottenstette and Jackson in the trainer’s office. There the fighter and coach began the preliminary stages of game-planning for Bisping, as well as setting up a schedule to begin working with both Jackson and Winkeljohn.

Jackson, impressed with both the demeanor and repertoire of his newest pupil, said that Akiyama is a welcome addition to his camp.

“His fluidity is what I enjoy, the way he transitions from one thing to the next. And his attitude: he likes to fight,” he said. “It just brings a skillset to the table, judo and his particular style. Another good guy for the team: sparring and he’ll bring in his own ideas.”

The 35-year-old middleweight is coming off a loss to Chris Leben at UFC 116 in July, where he was likely on his way to earning a decision victory before “The Crippler” caught him with a triangle choke at 4:40 of the third round. Akiyama’s fighting debut in the U.S. came at UFC 100 in a split decision triumph over Alan Belcher in July 2009.

The ethnic Korean fighter owns notable wins over Dennis Kang and Melvin Manhoef during his pro career. His loss to Leben was his first defeat since 2005, when he suffered a knockout via knees to Jerome LeBanner at K-1 Hero’s 1. Seven of his 13 career victories have come by submission.

Kottenstette could not confirm whether the move to Jackson’s will be a permanent one.

“I don’t know his intentions long term. He’s down here to do a camp, and we’re happy to have him,” he said.

UFC 120 takes place at the O2 Arena on October 16 and will air on Spike TV.

Thewiseman
09-06-2010, 07:01 AM
1u on Akiyama, considering 2u.

zY|
09-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Akiyama's issues are twofold. Conditioning, and crowd pleasing. If he fixes those, he'll tune Bisping up. I'd like to think a camp with Jackson would shore up things like that, but I'll believe it when I see it.

SPX
09-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Akiyama's issues are twofold. Conditioning, and crowd pleasing. If he fixes those, he'll tune Bisping up. I'd like to think a camp with Jackson would shore up things like that, but I'll believe it when I see it.

What do you mean by "crowd pleasing?"

zY|
09-06-2010, 12:44 PM
I mean brawling with Chris Leben.

SPX
09-06-2010, 12:49 PM
I mean brawling with Chris Leben.

He's a pretty exciting fighter.

poopoo333
09-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Mike Pyle is a classy guy.

"I will beat the sh*t out of John Hathaway. Let's face it; the fight that he had with Diego (Sanchez) wasn't an awesome, back-and-forth fight. Diego's a small, somewhat average (sized) [155-pound fighter]."

"I'm a big welterweight, I'm a long welterweight. He’s fought a lot of shorter opponents. He's had a reach advantage, and he's been able to use that really well. He stayed away from actually having to get in a fight with [Diego]."

"It's not an, 'Oh my god, if I don't get (John Hathaway) down, there's nothing I can do (situation)’. I could knock the kid out. I almost knocked out the last dude. This kid's going to be in for hell. I ain't Diego Sanchez. His last fight was a good and easy fight. This time, he's in for the fight of his life."

"I can't wait for (the British fans) to boo me. I'm going to suck it all up and spit it right back out at all them crooked-teethed Englishmen."

poopoo333
09-26-2010, 02:21 AM
Bump for us UFC 119 losers trying to figure out how to make our money back.

I like Patrick to beat Wilks. We might get a good line because of Wilks being the TUF winner. I also like Kongo to beat Browne, but the will probably be full blown retarded.

edman5555
09-26-2010, 01:31 PM
I think Akiyama has a very good shot at beating bisping. I highly doubt Bisping is going to be knocking him out. He could outpoint him for a D win though obviously.

Heres the thing though, Akiyamas chin is so good he can probably wade in and try to take down Bisping a lot easier than he could with someone like Leben..I'm not saying Bisping can't knock someone out, he has a lot of ko wins but I just don't see him having that one punch power to stop Akiyamas t-downs.

I think this is a gift line. He was winning against Leben until he gassed. That was the cause of his loss..training with jackson should improve that quite a bit. Also getting cracked by Leben has to take some air out of you.

edman5555
09-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Bisping's takedown D is pretty decent though as far as I remember.

edman5555
09-26-2010, 01:43 PM
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-10 ... Play-20882 (http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-105-Results-and-Live-Play-by-Play-20882)

Play by play for Bisping Kang. Kang was outstriking Bisping on the feet until Bp got a takedown and gandp'd him for a victory.

Bisping was outstruck on the feet by Wanderlei, Kang, and Hendo. They are all good but it shows that Bisping def has his limits in the standup.

Bisping should have the edge standing but the takedowns might distract him enough for Yoshi to land one of those bombs.

zY|
09-26-2010, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't bet on Akiyama until he proves he won't gas.

edman5555
09-26-2010, 02:27 PM
This guy was nearly an Olympian, hes gotta be able to get past gassing at some point. Did he gas when he fought Belcher?

poopoo333
09-26-2010, 02:44 PM
This guy was nearly an Olympian, hes gotta be able to get past gassing at some point. Did he gas when he fought Belcher?

Pretty much

edman5555
09-26-2010, 02:53 PM
I just watched the end of his fight against belcher and he looked pretty tired. He wasn't gassed like the Leben fight though.

edman5555
09-26-2010, 02:56 PM
His standup isnt bad but I think Bisping will beat him there after watching him fight again. He looks strong as hell though, he beat belcher by taking him down more or less.

edman5555
09-26-2010, 05:11 PM
http://www.mmatko.com/sean-sherk-vs-eva ... o-ufc-119/ (http://www.mmatko.com/sean-sherk-vs-evan-dunham-fight-video-ufc-119/)

Sherk Dunham fight. I just rewatched R2 and I can see why they give it to Sherk. Watch it again. The standup was actually pretty close up until the last minute or so. Dunham was landing more then.

It wasn't a bad decision. Though I could see them giving it to Dunham or even a draw.

zY|
09-26-2010, 05:35 PM
^^you mean round 2 where Dunham outlanded Sherk by 2 to 1 with 4 submission attempts?

Luke
09-26-2010, 05:46 PM
http://www.mmatko.com/sean-sherk-vs-evan-dunham-fight-video-ufc-119/

Sherk Dunham fight. I just rewatched R2 and I can see why they give it to Sherk. Watch it again. The standup was actually pretty close up until the last minute or so. Dunham was landing more then.

It wasn't a bad decision. Though I could see them giving it to Dunham or even a draw.

We finally found someone that scores a round as bad as Ludo does

edman5555
09-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Watch the second round again. Your counting those submission attempts as a lot but forgetting that Sherk was willingly putting his neck in there to get the takedown and Dunham was not getting anywhere with them. The first 3.5 minutes of the round was all Dunham with his back up against the cage trying to avoid being taken down and getting taken down. 3.5 minutes is 70 percent of the round.

If you want to look at "outlanded him 2 to 1" as per compustrike you have to also consider that half of those punches were little swipes he was taking at Sherk while Sherk was taking him down or pushing him up against the cage.

After that 3.5 min mark they broke up and for 30 second not much happened. The last minute they were striking back and forth. Dunham got better of him there but if you really look you can see that Sherk is landing in the minute also.

I'm not saying you couldn't give that round to Dunham, the third round was also the most decisive so all judging rules aside..Just as a fight I would say Dunham did better overall, without round by round scoring.

However Sherk did win the first round undeniably and he was controlling more of the second round.

Strikes landed is def not the only basis for scoring. Octagon control, EFFECTIVE grappling. Those guillotines looked scary but in retrospect Sherk didn't give a shit they were there. He was really threatened. He cared so little, he kept putting his neck in there in order to get the takedown, which he got.

Honestly it was so close you could give it any way you wanted but a couple things are obvious.

R1 went to Sherk

R3 went to Dunham

R2 was really really close. This is what I was thinking when the fight was over and knew it would be a split Decision before they read the scores.

I think the fact that Dunham dominated R3 by a much much larger margin than Sherk did any other round which is why the decision was looked at as such a robbery.

Really it comes down to the scoring system being shitty. There needs to be way more of a variety. Just a 10,9 and 8 is very limited.

Overall Dunham was more effective, but the vast majority of what he did was in the third round.

edman5555
09-26-2010, 07:42 PM
I meant to say "Those guillotines looked scary but in retrospect Sherk didn't give a shit they were there. He wasn't really threatened "

SPX
09-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Some people do feel that Sherk edged out the second round. I thought it was close, but gave it to Dunham.

In any case, Sherk was granted the win and it was against a very solid opponent in the division (potentially a future champ, in my opinion). Not only that, but this was a comeback fight, ring rust and all. It seemed that his cardio was not where it usually is this time around, so I expect him to be in even better shape next time now that he's officially back in action.

The question now is who does he fight next? I bet he gets something lined up pretty quickly under the circumstances. BJ is fighting Hughes. Maynard is fighting Edgar. Florian is coming off a loss, so that's doubtful, but it's a rematch that could be compelling. Gomi is a possibility and Guida is too, I suppose. If he can string together two more wins, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a fight for #1 contender. He did used to hold the belt, after all.

zY|
09-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Some people do feel that Sherk edged out the second round.

These people are wrong.

Luke
09-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Some people do feel that Sherk edged out the second round.

These people are wrong.

::handshake::

SPX
09-26-2010, 08:24 PM
These people are wrong.

I like how you chose to single out and respond to what is perhaps the least interesting element of my entire post.

zY|
09-26-2010, 08:27 PM
These people are wrong.

I like how you chose to single out and respond to what is perhaps the least interesting element of my entire post.

Well I didn't care about the rest.

SPX
09-26-2010, 08:27 PM

Fuck you.

zY|
09-26-2010, 08:32 PM

Fuck you.

Why are you mad that I didn't feel like talking about who Sherk fights next? I responded to what was relevant to me, like everybody does. Don't hate.

SPX
09-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Why are you mad that I didn't feel like talking about who Sherk fights next? I responded to what was relevant to me, like everybody does. Don't hate.

I think it's interesting that after not fighting to like a year and half he basically just became an instant title contender.

poopoo333
09-26-2010, 08:34 PM
I didn't know Sherk/Dunham already rematched @ UFC 120 to another close decision.

zY|
09-26-2010, 08:36 PM
I didn't know Sherk/Dunham already rematched @ UFC 120 to another close decision.

Oh snap, check out the backseat moderator.

poopoo333
09-26-2010, 08:47 PM

Oh snap, check out the backseat moderator.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2328/2355853490_cd1283803a_o.png

zY|
09-26-2010, 08:49 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/zygote7/1282855171617.gif

ManBoobKilla
09-27-2010, 12:32 AM
Is it just me or does Cain's face look like it is made of wax?

sbjj
09-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Looks like some new blood coming in for this event. Anyone familiar with these guys. In paticular, anyone familiar with Paul Sass.

Very interested in the Diabate-Gustafsson line.

Havis Jr
09-30-2010, 01:05 PM
1u Akiyama/Bisping goes 3 round distance -140

edman5555
10-04-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm bumping this.

Thewiseman
10-05-2010, 11:30 PM
6u on Akiyama to win 11u

Ludo
10-06-2010, 01:20 AM
6u on Akiyama to win 11u

Why Akiyama, if you don't mind Me asking.

Thewiseman
10-06-2010, 06:39 AM
The Akiyama that fought Belcher and Leben would beat Bisping 60% of the time I think. Now that he is with Jackson, who knows. I see a ton of value in Akiyama.Bisping wont put him away, and Akiyama could knock Bisping out as I believe he has a weak chin. Then he has the ground advantage as well. Akiyama by KO.

MMA_scientist
10-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Bisping has been relying on his wrestling and top game a lot more recently. I wouldn't be shocked to see him trying to GNp his way to a win.

zY|
10-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Yeah I'd stay away from Akiyama until he proves he's not going to gas in the 2nd round.

poopoo333
10-06-2010, 09:48 AM
The Akiyama that fought Belcher and Leben would beat Bisping 60% of the time I think. Now that he is with Jackson, who knows. I see a ton of value in Akiyama.Bisping wont put him away, and Akiyama could knock Bisping out as I believe he has a weak chin. Then he has the ground advantage as well. Akiyama by KO.

I can see this too. Akiyama did not seem to have too much trouble with a quick striker that moves around a lot (Belcher), and before I did any video watching I thought Bisping would just pepper Akiyama with shots for a decision win while Akiyama just tried to throw big bombs. Akiyama throws that big right hook a lot, and he usually connects. This is MMA math at it's finest, but I believe Akiyama > Miller in the stand up- Bisping was out striking Miller in all 3 rounds of there fight, but Miller landed a few telegraphed right hooks that left Bisping still standing...Akiyama's right hooks will drop Bisping (This is pretty irrelevant, but I noticed this while watching Miller/Bisping). Miller was able to take down Bisping and land in his guard, but Bisping got up immediately. I think if Akiyama takes Bisping down, it won't be by a double leg, it will be by a trip/throw, where Akiyama won't end up in guard. Bisping won't have an easy time getting up from underneath Akiyama while in half guard or side control.. see Kang vs Bisping. Bisping was able to avoid damage, but he couldn't get up from underneath Kang for awhile (if he did at all in round 1). Also, Bisping seems to fold under pressure. Henderson was stalking Bisping down, Bisping ended up getting KOd and not looking too great beforehand. When Wandy finally started to rush in, Bisping just froze and go dropped. Sorry the the drawn out paragraph that may not mean much.

By the way, everything I just said can go out the window if Akiyama gasses again.

SPX
10-06-2010, 11:37 AM
I went ahead and put a little something on Sexy. I think this is a hard fight to call and, like you say PP, really depends on a lot of factors. But at the current line, I think the play is Akiyama or nothing.

Luke
10-07-2010, 03:26 PM
http://www.bestfightodds.com/fights/2900.png

MMA_scientist
10-07-2010, 03:59 PM
^^ tough to bet... Browne is a wild card at this point. He has been dominant, but hasn't fought anyone at all. Stepping up to a top 20 guy is a BIG change from James McSweeney (who doesn't even belong in the show). It might be worth a bet just because you have known quantity in Kongo against an unknown quantity in Browne. Kongo has been wanting to grapple lately too...

poopoo333
10-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Here is a video of Browne when he is actually in a fight:

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Travis_ ... 30&tid=100 (http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Travis_Browne_vs_Mychal_Clark_BFC_10?vid=10005230&tid=100)

Keep in mind Browne is 6'7, 265...his opponent was 6'3 and 225ish.

poopoo333
10-07-2010, 10:14 PM
I am pretty sure Kongo's only chance of losing is in the first round. If Kongo puts any pressure on Browne in round 1, Browne is going to come out looking like a retard in round 2 and 3. He looked horrible in that video I just posted.

edman5555
10-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Browne looks like crap. He has only beaten crap guys and the guy in that video is a 205 pounder. I think Kongo makes Travis eat his Browne.

MMA_scientist
10-08-2010, 09:36 AM
^ Here is my problem, Kongo hasn't really beaten anyone very good either. His biggest win is Cro Cop...

That said, the only striker to beat Kongo is Yvel, way back in the day. All of his losses have come to superior grapplers.

poopoo333
10-08-2010, 10:09 AM
^ Here is my problem, Kongo hasn't really beaten anyone very good either. His biggest win is Cro Cop...

That said, the only striker to beat Kongo is Yvel, way back in the day. All of his losses have come to superior grapplers.

I don't really think Browne is a superior grappler though. I honestly think Browne could have been a competitor of TUF 10. He fit the criteria: big,sloppy, and no gas tank. If Kongo grapples in the first round and is able to get Browne down and hold him there, rounds 2 and 3 should be a walk in the park for Kongo.

MMA_scientist
10-08-2010, 10:29 AM
I don't really think Browne is a superior grappler though.

Yeah, that was my counterpoint to the first statement, that Kongo hasn't beaten anyone. As in "He sucks, but only gets beaten by wrestlers, Browne is not a wrestler, so Kongo should win."

Worded poorly by me.

poopoo333
10-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Yeah, although the ways things have been going, I will bet on Kongo and Browne will win with a gogoplata from mount.

MMA_scientist
10-08-2010, 10:36 AM
^ No, it is about to turn around. We have all been screwing around too much. No more playing, it is serious time.

poopoo333
10-08-2010, 10:42 AM
^ No, it is about to turn around. We have all been screwing around too much. No more playing, it is serious time.

Good point. 5u on Kongo @ -195.

MMA_scientist
10-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Good point. 5u on Kongo @ -195.

For realsies?

GL

SPX
10-08-2010, 11:00 AM

Serious time. Scientist called it.

Havis Jr
10-08-2010, 06:43 PM
I like Travis chances. I saw some of his other vids, he has a decent ground game. Kongo's ground game is garbage and everyone always overrates kongo. He was the favorite in his fight with mir.

Ludo
10-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Where was he the favorite against Mir?

Havis Jr
10-08-2010, 08:24 PM
nevermind, no he wasn't.

Ludo
10-08-2010, 08:29 PM
The only person of late I remember him being a favorite on was Buentello. But we saw why.

Svino
10-08-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm really waiting for odds on Nedkov / Cantwell. Nedkov is a pretty good wrestler and I don't think Cantwell has ever proven his takedown defense. Considering that Matyushenko was only -200 against Cantwell, and that people might be hesitant to bet on a guy having his first fight in the UFC, I'm hoping we will see some good odds on Nedkov.

I'm also wondering about Diabate / Gustaffson. Diabate is far from a great all-around fighter, but this seems like another generous matchup for him.

edman5555
10-09-2010, 10:01 PM
I like Travis chances. I saw some of his other vids, he has a decent ground game. Kongo's ground game is garbage and everyone always overrates kongo. He was the favorite in his fight with mir.

In what fights does Travis have a decent ground game?

poopoo333
10-09-2010, 10:21 PM

In what fights does Travis have a decent ground game?

That is what I was wondering, lol.

SPX
10-10-2010, 12:24 AM

I think he's shown that he has some good GnP and that once he gets on top of you he's going to take some work to get off. That's ground work of some form. If you're talking about submissions and guard and shit though, then probably never.

In any case, I think Kongo will probably rape this guy. Kongo may not be at the absolute top, but he's a bad motherfucker and only loses to top 10 guys. Browne is primarily a striker and Kongo is a champion kickboxer. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Kongo just make this dude look silly.

edman5555
10-10-2010, 04:24 PM
I will probably be on Kongo and Sexyama.

Havis Jr
10-10-2010, 09:47 PM

I think he's shown that he has some good GnP and that once he gets on top of you he's going to take some work to get off. That's ground work of some form. If you're talking about submissions and guard and shit though, then probably never.

In any case, I think Kongo will probably rape this guy. Kongo may not be at the absolute top, but he's a bad motherfucker and only loses to top 10 guys. Browne is primarily a striker and Kongo is a champion kickboxer. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Kongo just make this dude look silly.

Yea, this is what I meant. He has some good takedowns. He isn't a submission ace, but he doesn't have to be against Kongo.

edman5555
10-10-2010, 10:09 PM
What makes you think Kongo is easy to submit? And what makes you think Travis Browne has submission ability? Cheick has only been submitted once, after catching a punch..he has gone the distance with a lot of guys too. There has been plenty of opportunity for guys to get him.

MMA_scientist
10-11-2010, 09:18 AM
2u on Kongo @ -195
4u on Askren @ -255
5u on Hathaway @ -460- for never ending parlay project

Havis Jr
10-11-2010, 01:07 PM
What makes you think Kongo is easy to submit? And what makes you think Travis Browne has submission ability? Cheick has only been submitted once, after catching a punch..he has gone the distance with a lot of guys too. There has been plenty of opportunity for guys to get him.

I said Travis is not a submission ace. How did you get all that?

edman5555
10-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Going pretty heavy on Kongo, probably Askren.

poopoo333
10-12-2010, 05:55 PM
http://www.bestfightodds.com/events/294.png (http://www.bestfightodds.com)

SPX
10-12-2010, 08:49 PM
5u on Kongo

He really should clown this fool.

Luke
10-12-2010, 09:27 PM
He really should clown this fool.

why ?

SPX
10-12-2010, 10:18 PM
why ?

Champion kickboxer vs sloppy puncher. Browne was losing to McSweeney before he landed a good shot and took it to the ground.

The only way I could see Browne winning would be to take Kongo down and GnP him, but I think the likelihood of that happening is fairly slim. If anything, I could see Kongo being the one doing the taking down, just like he did repeatedly to Buentello.

I mean, who the fuck is Travis Browne? It's not even like he's some promising prospect, like Duffee was. I have to believe that Kongo will kick this dude's ass.

poopoo333
10-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Yeah Kongo should win easy. Browne's only shot is if he runs in windmilling and catches Kongo.

SPX
10-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Yeah Kongo should win easy. Browne's only shot is if he runs in windmilling and catches Kongo.

Yeah, good luck on that.

Browne has a lot of KOs on his record, but Kongo has never once been straight KOd in his MMA career.

I guess you could argue that he had never been submitted before he ran into Frank Mir, but I have to believe that Frank Mir is a much higher level submission artist than Browne is a KO artist.

SPX
10-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Oh, and one other thing. . .

That guy that Browne fought to a close decision in Bellator has a record of 7-10.

Just sayin'.

MMA_scientist
10-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Taking my bet on Kongo up to 4u. McSweeney may be a better striker than Kongo, but Kongo's wrestling has improved. He may be able to take it the ground if he needs to. He has shown that he is really tough to finish and he is good at getting up. I really think the difference in this fight is cardio though. Browne just comes out hoping to finish quick. Kongo has shown he can go 15 mintes. Stepping up to Kongo is a far cry from McSweeney, who is 4-4 against shit comp

SPX
10-12-2010, 10:55 PM
I think the Mychal Clark fight is particularly important.

It was in Bellator, the highest level organization that he had yet fought in (and at least theoretically this should've been his hardest fight . . . kind of difficult to know for sure with such limited data on his competition). Not coincidentally I would wager, it was also his only fight to go to a decision, and a fairly close one at that.

Again, that was against 7-10 Mychal Clark. Now he's about to step up another level and fight Cheick fucking Kongo.

poopoo333
10-12-2010, 11:21 PM
I think the Mychal Clark fight is particularly important.

It was in Bellator, the highest level organization that he had yet fought in (and at least theoretically this should've been his hardest fight . . . kind of difficult to know for sure with such limited data on his competition). Not coincidentally I would wager, it was also his only fight to go to a decision, and a fairly close one at that.

Again, that was against 7-10 Mychal Clark. Now he's about to step up another level and fight Cheick fucking Kongo.

Yeah that was basically the reason I bet Kongo. Browne could have lost that fight imo...judging was weird.

SPX
10-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Yeah that was basically the reason I bet Kongo. Browne could have lost that fight imo...judging was weird.

I think Browne probably took it, but if it had been given to Clark it certainly would've been no robbery.

Mr. IWS
10-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Its looking like Kongo for me, and maybe Hardy.

Im a big Condit fan, believe it or not, but he has really looked shaky to me since he moved to the UFC.

ctm0808
10-13-2010, 02:51 PM
I'm throwing something down on Bisping to win by submission at +1500.

Leben had Akiyama in a number of submission attempts before finally locking in that triangle. There was a point in the second round where Leben had Akiyama in a half-hearted standing guillotine, while losing the fight, and you could see he was thinking about putting something into it.. He didn't have the gas/power at the time, but I was thinking that if that were Bisping in that spot I could see him sinking that in and finishing it right there.

Knowing that Akiyama has a great chin, combined with the speed & power on the feet, I could actually see a 2nd or 3rd round submission being Bisping's gameplan.

The problem is Bisping hasn't even attempted a submission in a couple of fights now, but he has before - he was going for armbars in the Kang fight, and I'm pretty sure he tried some against Hamill.

I actually have a unit on Akiyama at +200, but after re-watching some stuff yesterday it got me anticipating what the Bisping via sub line would be, and +1500 looked good.

SPX
10-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Its looking like Kongo for me, and maybe Hardy.

Im a big Condit fan, believe it or not, but he has really looked shaky to me since he moved to the UFC.

Here's what Hammersmith says, and I tend to agree with him:

Dan Hardy vs. Carlos Condit: While there are many fundamentals when doing fight predictions, one of the issues that trip up a lot of bettors and fans is the concept of “battlegrounds”. Battlegrounds are the name given to an area where a fight is likely to take place, and looking at a fight in terms of where it’ll play out often gives a realistic perspective to the bout. In this bout, we have two talented fighters in Dan Hardy and Carlos Condit, but battlegrounds play heavily into this bout and into the favor of Hardy. While Condit has made his career off of his matwork; most notably his bottom game submissions, he faces an opponent who he can’t realistically place in said positions. This leaves a bout of striking and clinch work, both of which heavily favor the iron jaw and accurate punching of Hardy over the hot and cold Condit. Simply put, Condit lacks the firepower and size to do much to Hardy standing, and lacks the wrestling to put this fight onto the mat like Hardy’s previous opponents. With early numbers having Hardy at -160, this is a fight worth betting on, as it would make an excellent anchor for this event.

SPX
10-13-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm throwing something down on Bisping to win by submission at +1500.

In 22 fights, Bisping has only win three fights with legitimate submissions (I'm not counting submission-via-strikes) and none of those have come against UFC level competition. Considering that Akiyama is himself an expert grappler, it would have to be something like +4000 or better for me to even consider it.

Also, I would not look to the Leben fight for guidance. Leben has always had an underrated grappling/sub game.

poopoo333
10-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Akiyama was also on the verge of a heart attack against Leben.

MMA_scientist
10-13-2010, 03:19 PM
I doubt he will gas as hard this time. Leben is constantly bringing it forward, that is tiring. Guys always gas when they fight Leben. Look how hard Aaron Simpson gassed against Leben. Bisping doesn't bring that kind of pressure. Akiyama only gasses, IMO, if Bisping tries to take him down a lot. Bisping has surprising wrestling, and he has been going to it more.

ctm0808
10-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Also, I would not look to the Leben fight for guidance. Leben has always had an underrated grappling/sub game.

I agree that his grappling is underrated, but I still think the Leben fight is significant.

If a very tired & sweaty zombie Leben can submit Akiyama, I could see a still fresh Bisping actively looking for submissions if he was losing. If Akiyama doesn't get tired at all, then yeah, more like +4000 for Bisping via sub.

Ludo
10-13-2010, 10:07 PM
1.75u to win 1u on Hardy.

edman5555
10-13-2010, 10:22 PM
Bisping isn't subbing Akiyama unless he gets real damn lucky. That Leben thing is a fluke. Akiyama was tired as hell, he barely knew what was going on. That isn't going to happen to him this time.

Akiyama is a Asian games Gold Medalist. Judo.

Another important point here that I would like to bring up is this(sidenote): Leben was able to stop Aaron Simpson from taking him down..I consider that pretty damn good takedown D. Akiyama took down Leben a total of 4 times in that fight.

Now Akiyama is training with Jackson and he claims he is learning more about how to fight a 3 round fight and he is learning more about MMA style takedowns. This should be the best Akiyama we have seen.

I'm not saying Akiyama can't lose because Bisping is a good fighter but Akiyama and Bisping should be fairly even on the feet..So Akiyama just needs to land a takedown or two in 2 of the 3 rounds and he should get the "W" if it goes to D.

BTW:
I dont see Bisping ko'ing or subbing Akiyama..
I would not be shocked if Akiyama sub'd bisping though I think its unlikely. I feel the same way about Ak Ko'ing Bisping though overall, i feel Akiyama has a much better chance of ending the fight.

Ludo
10-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Bisping isn't subbing Akiyama unless he gets real damn lucky. That Leben thing is a fluke. Akiyama was tired as hell, he barely knew what was going on. That isn't going to happen to him this time.

Another important point here that I would like to bring up is this(sidenote): Leben was able to stop Aaron Simpson from taking him down..I consider that pretty damn good takedown D. Akiyama took down Leben a total of 4 times in that fight.

Now Akiyama is training with Jackson and he claims he is learning more about how to fight a 3 round fight and he is learning more about MMA style takedowns. This should be the best Akiyama we have seen.

I'm not saying Akiyama can't lose because Bisping is a good fighter but Akiyama and Bisping should be fairly even on the feet..So Akiyama just needs to land a takedown or two in 2 of the 3 rounds and he should get the "W" if it goes to D.

BTW:
I would not be shocked if Akiyama sub'd bisping though I think its unlikely. I feel the same way about Ak Ko'ing Bisping though overall, i feel Akiyama has a much better chance of ending the fight.

So if Leben can take advantage of a totally gassed Akiyama how is it Bisping, who is known for phenomenal footwork and a style that makes his opponents chase him while he floats in and out, won't? Leben was also very tired by the time he snagged that triangle. Bisping won't be gassed out like either of them were. Akiyama gassed against Belcher as well don't forget. Bisping by sub IS unlikely because he doesn't go for many subs at all, even while in a great position for it(see Bisping/Sinosic). Leben has a great sprawl, but Akiyama didn't go for the double leg, he used throws and trips to take Leben down pretty much every time. We will likely see a decision due mostly to Akiyama's durability but he will gas, thats pretty much a certainty at this point. You don't improve your cardio by leaps and bounds in two months.

SPX
10-13-2010, 11:02 PM
You don't improve your cardio by leaps and bounds in two months.

You'd be surprised what you can do in 2 months.

I was in the Army Reserve for a bit when I was younger and when I went into basic my cardio was absolute shit. The first time I was told to run two miles it took me almost 19 minutes and after the first couple of laps I was doing like a sort of run/jog thing that was embarrassing. By the end, I thought I was going to die.

After about a month and a half, I turned in my best time in the 2 mile at 14 minutes flat--jogging hard the whole way--and, even though we were never told exactly how far we were running on any given day, I'm positive that by the end on regular training (i.e. non-testing) days we were going a good bit farther than 2 miles, which would have killed me when I first started.

edman5555
10-14-2010, 12:14 AM

BTW:

So if Leben can take advantage of a totally gassed Akiyama how is it Bisping, who is known for phenomenal footwork and a style that makes his opponents chase him while he floats in and out, won't? Leben was also very tired by the time he snagged that triangle. Bisping won't be gassed out like either of them were. Akiyama gassed against Belcher as well don't forget. Bisping by sub IS unlikely because he doesn't go for many subs at all, even while in a great position for it(see Bisping/Sinosic). Leben has a great sprawl, but Akiyama didn't go for the double leg, he used throws and trips to take Leben down pretty much every time. We will likely see a decision due mostly to Akiyama's durability but he will gas, thats pretty much a certainty at this point. You don't improve your cardio by leaps and bounds in two months.

Well a couple of things here. First off, chasing bisping doesn't make you as tired as getting slammed by Lebens punches. Yes the sub is unlikely. I think you can increase your cardio in the span of a couple of months, he also had a long layoff. Simply not being in a cage for a long time doesn't help. It has also been 3.5 months since his last fight. July 3.

zY|
10-14-2010, 12:27 AM
You don't improve your cardio by leaps and bounds in two months.

There's a reason they call it "training camp". Some of these dudes are fucking fat as shit and completely out of shape pre-camp.

edman5555
10-14-2010, 12:32 AM
rampage jackson weighed 250 before his fight with rashad. Fatty.

Ludo
10-14-2010, 12:41 AM
rampage jackson weighed 250 before his fight with rashad. Fatty.

He also had to put on extra weight to play in the A Team. He doesn't normally weigh 250.

poopoo333
10-14-2010, 01:58 AM

Well Bisping will not get into a slugfest with Akiyama like Leben did, which made Akiyama gas so bad. If Bisping wins, it will be by decision. Akiyama via (T)KO is +886. I like that.

ctm0808
10-14-2010, 02:10 AM
Well from the sounds of things I'll be needing more luck than I figured to hit that Bisping via sub bet.

That's okay, you guys'll see. Bisping by guillotine choke, late round 2. A straight-up Akiyama victory would be alright I suppose.. My card's looking like:

Akiyama 1u to win 2u
Kongo 1.8u to win 1u
Diabate 1.02u to win 1u
Bisping by sub .5u to win 7.5u

That sub bet is this forum's fault, by the way. I've gotten hooked on those big plus-money lines since putting a full unit on Anderson by sub +698, after seeing the very generous line pointed out by someone on this forum. I remember it dropped to like +280 or something.

poopoo333
10-14-2010, 02:13 AM
That sub bet is this forum's fault, by the way. I've gotten hooked on those big plus-money lines since putting a full unit on Anderson by sub +698, after seeing the very generous line pointed out by someone on this forum. I remember it dropped to like +280 or something.

That was me, I hit it @+694.

ctm0808
10-14-2010, 02:19 AM

That was me, I hit it @+694.

694, that was the number.

And good call! ::beerchug::

SPX
10-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Don't congratulate PP on ANYTHING.

You'll only encourage him. . .

Thewiseman
10-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Increasing my unit size x4
Parlay,
Hardy
Kongo
Patrick
Hathaway
Maldonado
.25u to win 1.42u

Akiyama 1.5u to win 2.75u

ctm0808
10-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Sherdog's "Akiyama Fight ‘Means Everything’ to Bisping" front-page article features a picture of Bisping attempting an armbar on Denis Kang. Good omen.

SPX
10-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Sherdog's "Akiyama Fight ‘Means Everything’ to Bisping" front-page article features a picture of Bisping attempting an armbar on Denis Kang. Good omen.

The omen is one of failure. You said it yourself: It is a photo of an unsuccessful ATTEMPT.

Akiyama shall win this fight.

edman5555
10-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Bisping can win but no way should akiyama be a big dog.

Mr. IWS
10-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Cantwell is out....This guy has some shit luck lately.

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/n ... hp?id=5444 (http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=5444)
More bad news for Steve Cantwell. He is off the UFC 120 card less than 48 hours before it is due to start, having ripped a knee ligament in a training session on Thursday night (UK time).

Fighters Only was told on Friday morning that Cantwell has consulted medical staff but is clearly in no condition to compete and has had to be pulled from the bout with UFC debutant Stanislav Nedkov.

He cannot be replaced at this late stage; the weigh ins are today and there would also be no time for a replacement to pass medical checks.

The injury was sustained in a BJJ session, although it is not yet clear whether it was a freak accident or an over-zealous submission attempt from a training partner.

It is the latest setback for Cantwell, who was forced off the UFC 108 card with an undisclosed injury. That was supposed to be his return from a long layoff caused by an unspecified ailment; at one point UFC president Dana White was saying Cantwell ‘may never fight again’.

Cantwell has now not fought since September 2009. He is coming off back-to-back losses to Brian Stann and Luis Cane. At this stage there is no news on how long he is likely to be sidelined for because of the latest injury, but it will be early 2011 at least before he returns, making 2010 a complete write-off for Cantwell.

Update: UFC officials have confirmed that Nedkov will be paid his show money for the cancelled bout.

SPX
10-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Goddamn it!

That fucking sucks! I was looking forward to Cantwell getting back in the game.

Mr. IWS
10-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Because Im lazy, someone aware me what time this is on live tommorow?

poopoo333
10-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Because Im lazy, someone aware me what time this is on live tommorow?

I just read 2 pm. I hope that is when the prelims start... I won't be home until 4 tomorrow. If I miss it I am going to have to stay off the internet until 11pm tomorrow night, lol.

Ludo
10-15-2010, 11:19 AM
2pm is the prelims. Remember the UK is 5 hours ahead of US Eastern Time.

poopoo333
10-15-2010, 11:38 AM
2pm is the prelims. Remember the UK is 5 hours ahead of US Eastern Time.

Fuck yeah, hopefully I can get home by 4pm. I will probably miss the 1st fight of the main card then, make sure you guys have streams ready for me ::thumbup::

poopoo333
10-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Watching the pre-fight press conference. Hardy/Bisping got under Condit's skin for sure...Condit looks pissed.

SPX
10-15-2010, 12:13 PM
That's fine. Condit can look pissed.

Tomorrow he's gonna be looking pissed while he laying on his back.

MMA_scientist
10-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Condit always tries to mean mug guys. In the WEC he was always mouthing "bitch" over and over to the guy across the cage. Hardy is gonna beat him, IMO. And if Condit is pissed enough to come forward, that will probably help Hardy.

SPX
10-15-2010, 01:32 PM
LONDON – "I am Sexyama."

Those are the exact words, in English, Japanese superstar Yoshihiro Akiyama (13-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) used to open his address to the media at Thursday's "UFC 120: Bisping vs. Akiyama" pre-event press conference in London.

While that audacious tag once seemed shockingly accurate when describing the bronzed judoka with the impressive 11-fight win streak – and though Akiyama's performances thus far in the octagon have both been "Fight of the Night" affairs – he's earned just a split-decision win in two trips to the cage. Is that sexy enough to stick around in the UFC should he falter against UFC 120 opponent Michael Bisping?

Akiyama debuted in the UFC in July 2009 at the historic UFC 100 event in Las Vegas. In a back-and-forth battle with an always-tough Alan Belcher, Akiyama earned a razor-thin split-decision victory that many MMA observers felt perhaps should have gone the other way.

Akiyama then returned 12 months later in a memorable three-round submission loss to noted slugger Chris Leben. While the fight is currently nominated for the 2010 Fighters Only World MMA Awards "Fight of the Year" award, the contest saw Akiyama fatigued early on in a bout that appeared his for the taking.

Akiyama, himself, admits he hasn't necessarily lived up to the hype thus far.

"I do not highly rate those past two bouts," Akiyama flatly told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com (http://www.mmajunkie.com)).

Perhaps even more troubling was Akiyama's attitude prior to the Leben fight. Originally slated to fight Wanderlei Silva, "The Axe Murderer" was forced to pull out of the contest following a string of training-related injuries. Despite earning a disclosed $160,000 in his bout with Belcher, Akiyama initially balked at his employer's suggestion he face Leben.

The 35-year-old Akiyama says the entire process – from his reluctance to sign the bout agreement to his lack of proper conditioning – was an important lesson in his career.

"Everything was quite a lesson to me, especially how to proceed in the rounds and also how to condition myself to the fight," Akiyama said.

To that end, Akiyama says he spent a month training with the famed Jackson's Mixed Martial Arts team in New Mexico. His opponent contends Akiyama likely won't have evolved much during that short tenure, but "Sexyama" insists a return to vintage form.

In Bisping, Akiyama faces an opponent who has gone just 2-2 in his past four bouts but fights in front of 18,000 of his countryman at The O2 on Saturday night. It's a tall order for any fighter, much less one that may be in dire need of a positive result.

Whether or not Akiyama's employment is on the line Saturday night isn't certain. With the UFC's current global expansion plans, Akiyama's ties to the Japanese and Korean communities would seem to make him a valuable commodity to the fight promotion regardless of his record.

Nevertheless, Akiyama appears to know he may be at a crossroads, and he insists he's prepared to deliver in UFC 120's main event.

"It is a great honor to fight against excellent rivals on the UFC front," Akiyama said. "I've been training hard for this bout, so I'll do my best."

Svino
10-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Goddamn it!

That fucking sucks! I was looking forward to Cantwell getting back in the game.

That does suck. I was looking forward to Nedkov pulling off the upset.

zY|
10-15-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm sure Hardy will implement his usual strategy. Inexplicably holding guys against the fence and ekeing out split decisions.

SPX
10-15-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm sure Hardy will implement his usual strategy. Inexplicably holding guys against the fence and ekeing out split decisions.

Dude, he's had two split decisions in five fights in UFC. What the fuck are you talking about?

Hardy always puts on exciting fights.

poopoo333
10-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Dude, he's had two split decisions in five fights in UFC.

Fixed ::praise::

SPX
10-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Fixed ::praise::

Whoops. . .

zY|
10-15-2010, 02:39 PM

Dude, he's had two split decisions in five fights in UFC. What the fuck are you talking about?

Hardy always puts on exciting fights.

Go watch the Swick fight where he spents the majority of it caressing Swick against the cage. Not only is it boring as shit but it doesn't make any sense. Hardy hurts Swick with a punch then immediately clinches with him for 5 minutes. He's a good fighter but he's strategically moronic.

poopoo333
10-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Has anybody even looked at the undercard? lol

zY|
10-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Has anybody even looked at the undercard? lol

Never heard of anyone on it.

MMA_scientist
10-15-2010, 02:47 PM
^ I looked, didn't see anything I liked. I mildly like Gustaffson because I think he might surprise Diabate and take it down.

poopoo333
10-15-2010, 02:50 PM
I was looking at Fisher and Patrick to win... hmm

MMA_scientist
10-15-2010, 05:00 PM
been reading this guy's breakdowns on boxing and MMA. He does every fight, like Rios without beung retarded

http://insidefights.com/

edman5555
10-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Which guy? I'm reading the 120 breakdowns but there is more than one poster.

MMA_scientist
10-15-2010, 05:39 PM
didn't realize it was different guys. I was reading the Part1, Part 2, Part 3 for UFC 120. Most of it is written by Chris Roberts

edman5555
10-15-2010, 05:56 PM
I like what he said about Condit-Hardy. I think its so hard to call though. I didn't know Markham was dehydrated before they fight. If thats true and it was really a big factor that leaves Hardy with two split D wins over Gono and Davis and one U d win over Swick.

I said this before but ill bring it up again, swick supposedly has health problems and has for a while, Gono is not that good, and Davis is just beat up. All of his wins are either not that good or there is something questionable about them.

Condit has been struggling to get his wins as well(ellenberger and Rory). He did well against Kampmann in his one recent loss.

This is really close. I keep bouncing back and forth. I think Hardy MIGHT have the standup edge, I don't really know. If he does it is by a small margin. Condit can mix it up though, he is better on the ground and he had finished so many fights.

What do you think?

SPX
10-15-2010, 08:45 PM
Kongo looked good at the weighs. Ripped as ever. Looks like he's harnessing the power of a thousand slaves.

Mr. IWS
10-16-2010, 06:36 AM
Kongo looked good at the weighs. Ripped as ever. Looks like he's harnessing the power of a thousand slaves.

Hey! Thats ra...........wait, wut?

Thewiseman
10-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Wiseman specials,
Akiyama ITD
Hardy by dec
Hathaway by dec
Kongo dec
Patrick Dec
Gust
Quieroz
Sass
Fisher Maldonado
$1 to win 8,471
Akiyama
Hardy dec
Hathaway
Kongo
Patrick
Broughton
Nedkov(cancelled)
Holst
Fisher
Maldonado
$1 to win $553

SPX
10-16-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm really surprised money hasn't come in on Kongo. I figured he'd be at -300 or worse by now.

Luke
10-16-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm really surprised money hasn't come in on Kongo. I figured he'd be at -300 or worse by now.

I dont know about everyone else but the reason I'm not betting Kongo is because hes fighting someone undefeated, someone bigger than him ,someone with more pucnhing power ,and Kongo has no ground game

SPX
10-16-2010, 12:49 PM
^^^ Why do you think Browne has more punching power and why is Browne's ground game better? Always we've really seen from Browne is GnP, which we've also seen from Kongo, and not any real groundwork.

zY|
10-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Kongo has no defensive ground game but he wins most of his fights with takedowns and ground and pound.

Luke
10-16-2010, 01:00 PM
^^^ Why do you think Browne has more punching power and why is Browne's ground game better? Always we've really seen from Browne is GnP, which we've also seen from Kongo, and not any real groundwork.

I'm not arguing I was just saying why I wasnt betting Kongo

brooks85
10-16-2010, 01:11 PM
kongo has a great defensive ground game. There is a reason he only has 1 sub loss and 1 tko, and really you can toss those both out the window when looking at future matchup. Against mir, kongo was so focused on stopping a TD when mir faked the level change, kongo drop his hands to his waist... we know what happened next. That loss had nothing to do with his sub defense or his striking. - side note id love to see a rematch

Against yvel he just gassed and yvel active Gnp, tho he was gassed also, made the ref stop the fight.

Svino
10-16-2010, 01:15 PM
I dont know about everyone else but the reason I'm not betting Kongo is because hes fighting someone undefeated, someone bigger than him ,someone with more pucnhing power ,and Kongo has no ground game

Yeah, OK. But aside from that, why not?

brooks85
10-16-2010, 01:27 PM
id also add i bet kongo has a stronger punch than browne. Speed kills.

Ludo
10-16-2010, 01:51 PM
final plays:
1.75u to win 1u on Hardy
1.9u to win 1u on Kongo

Mr. IWS
10-16-2010, 02:04 PM
final plays:
1.75u to win 1u on Hardy
1.9u to win 1u on Kongo

I pussed out last minute on Hardy. With ya on Kongo.

Lets do this.

::handshake::

SPX
10-16-2010, 02:34 PM
When's this shit start? Someone told me SPIKE prelims are on already but I'm seeing fucking Crocop.

brooks85
10-16-2010, 02:37 PM
wont air until tonight on spike at 8est

Mr. IWS
10-16-2010, 02:38 PM
When's this shit start? Someone told me SPIKE prelims are on already but I'm seeing fucking Crocop.

3pm live, est.

SPX
10-16-2010, 03:03 PM
And we're off. . .

Mr. IWS
10-16-2010, 03:07 PM
http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4c73062d6ca70

stream for dat ass

SPX
10-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Hell yeah. LOVE Veetle streams!

Svino
10-16-2010, 03:09 PM

That's a good one, thanks. Even supports 2-monitor fullscreen.

Mr. IWS
10-16-2010, 03:09 PM
http://www.liveskygames.net/

Mr. IWS
10-16-2010, 03:11 PM

Haha, I use double monitors too. Is teh shit.

SPX
10-16-2010, 03:11 PM

That's why I like it. This one's stuttering a lot for me, though. . .

Mr. IWS
10-16-2010, 03:13 PM
I switched to the livesky one....

Mr. IWS
10-16-2010, 03:16 PM
http://channelsurfing.net/watch-ufc-120.html

Mr. IWS
10-16-2010, 03:19 PM
Dam, Wilks gettin his dick beat in.

Svino
10-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Dam, Wilks gettin his dick beat in.

Yeah, that was a really dominant round for Patrick.

Mr. IWS
10-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Wilks looks so sluggish, like he is sick or some shit.

SPX
10-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like the longer TUF goes on, the more the TUF champs are just kind of mediocre?

Svino
10-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like the longer TUF goes on, the more the TUF champs are just kind of mediocre?

That's definitely true. More of the good prospects are coming to the UFC straight from smaller promotions. Bader is still looking pretty good, though.

Mr. IWS
10-16-2010, 03:30 PM

I agree. I think its because most of the good fighters are either in a bigger orgs, or dont wanna limit their earning potential with a Tuf deal that they will get locked into.

poopoo333
10-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Back just in time!

edman5555
10-16-2010, 03:36 PM

I agree. I think its because most of the good fighters are either in a bigger orgs, or dont wanna limit their earning potential with a Tuf deal that they will get locked into.

The more tufs you do, the more people you need. So you can't have all good guys in every one, there is going to have to be the occasional tuf with only mediocre guys because all the good guys have either gone through another tuf, might be heading to the next, or are in the ufc/strikforce/etc etc already. The herd is thinning out.

Thewiseman
10-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Condit/Hardy goes the distance 1.8u to win 1u

SPX
10-16-2010, 03:40 PM
That's definitely true. More of the good prospects are coming to the UFC straight from smaller promotions. Bader is still looking pretty good, though.

Yeah, I guess Pearson has been doing pretty good too, his last fight notwithstanding.

The way I see it here are the guys who have well (not counting TUF 4, since it wasn't really a TUF season, or the last seasons, since not enough time has passed to know how well they're going to do in the long run):

Rashad, Forrest, Sanchez, Bisping, Bader, Pearson, Stevenson

These guys have done/did okay:

Grove, Lutter, Sadollah, Diaz . . . (maybe Stevenson should really be down here, maybe Pearson too after another couple of fights)

These have been disappointing:

Wilks, Danzig, Escudero

SPX
10-16-2010, 03:41 PM
Okay, here we go . . . Kongo needs to come in here and do work. I'm not fucking around.

Mr. IWS
10-16-2010, 03:42 PM

poopoo333
10-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Let's go Kongo

edman5555
10-16-2010, 03:50 PM
god damn kongo.

SPX
Not sure I'm a big fan of that round.

Svino
Kongo doesn't look good. He hasn't been able to counter well or keep in in the clinch.

poopoo333
10-16-2010, 03:51 PM
Browne's striking is horrible...I can't believe Kongo hasn't taken him out yet. Hopefully this round...round 1=scary as fuck

poopoo333
10-16-2010, 03:52 PM
I was waiting for the trademark Kongo nut shot ::lolzorz::

SPX
10-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Kongo's signature move. . .

Svino
10-16-2010, 03:53 PM
I like how Kongo got in another little punch on Browne's jaw after the nut-shot.

SPX
10-16-2010, 03:53 PM
I think you do that forward-forward-back C button on the controller.

Svino
10-16-2010, 03:57 PM
I also like how Kongo grabs Browne's shorts on whatever side is opposite the ref. ::thumbup::

SPX
Looks a lot better, but to hell with that takedown at the end.

SPX
I also like how Kongo grabs Browne's shorts on whatever side is opposite the ref. ::thumbup::

I noticed that, too. . .

poopoo333
10-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Browne is such a tattletale

SPX
10-16-2010, 03:59 PM
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Svino
10-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Yeah, we're getting a draw at best.

poopoo333
10-16-2010, 04:03 PM
WTF was that shit?

SPX
10-16-2010, 04:03 PM
FUCK YOU KONGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

poopoo333
10-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Does a draw count as a push in a parlay?

Mr. IWS
10-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Fuckin Kongo man, hes lucky he didnt lose two points.

Mr. IWS
Does a draw count as a push in a parlay?

if you have like a 5 teamer, it reduces it to 4.

SPX
Goddamn it!!!!!!

I'm glad I didn't lose, but shit, Kongo would've WON that shit if he hadn't been stupid!

Svino
10-16-2010, 04:06 PM
Fuckin Kongo man, hes lucky he didnt lose two points.

Yeah, I was really worried the ref would take another one. He could have.