PDA

View Full Version : Lil Nog vs Rampage in September

Mr. IWS
07-01-2010, 01:36 PM
http://www.cagepotato.com/lil-nog-and-r ... -september (http://www.cagepotato.com/lil-nog-and-rampage-verbally-agreed-face-each-other-september)

According to Antonio Rogerio "Minotoro" Nogueira's boxing coach, Luis Carlos Dórea in an interview with TATAME today, his charge will likely be back in action in September against Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

“It’s set that he’ll be back in September, and rumors point that his opponent might be Quinton Jackson. It’d be a great fight for Rogério, he’s a former UFC champion and a victory over him will move us pretty close to the title. The UFC only has top athletes and Quinton Jackson is really dangerous. It’d be a great fight, but the UFC didn’t confirmed anything yet”, Dórea said.

Although Dorea didn't admit that the fight was any more than a rumor at this point, TATAME's Guilherme Cruz reports that sources close to Nogueira's camp have confirmed that the fight has indeed been verbally agreed to.

Dorea would say that, if it happens, it will be a tough fight, but he feels Minotoro's stand-up will win Nogueira the fight.

“He’s a complete athlete, hard to be taken down… Who puts its own strategy on the fight will win, but we believe a lot on Rogerio’s movement… We’ll work hard to get this victory”, he said.

Both fighters are coming off of lackluster performances in their last fights and will be hungry to win this bout. Nogueira pulled off a hotly contested split decision at UFC 114 last month against a last-minute replacement opponent, Jason Brilz who stepped in with less than two weeks notice for an injured Forrest Griffin.

Rampage dropped a unanimous decision in his heavily anticipated grudge match with Rashad Evans on the same card.

The bout will likely take place at UFC 119 on September 25, 2010 at Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana as the only other event scheduled for the month thus far is UFC Ultimate Fight Night 22 on September 15.

SPX
07-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Interesting fight. I know they were talking about putting him against Machida. I wonder who Machida's going to fight now.

Mr. IWS
07-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Interesting fight. I know they were talking about putting him against Machida. I wonder who Machida's going to fight now.

Cyrille?

SPX
07-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Cyrille?

The former UFC champ is going to fight a guy who has 1 fight in the UFC? I would think it would be someone a little higher profile. . .

zY|
07-01-2010, 02:18 PM
This is just quality matchmaking right here. What a fantastic fight.

Svino
07-01-2010, 04:44 PM
This is just quality matchmaking right here. What a fantastic fight.

I agree. Good matchup.

Machida vs Griffin?

SPX
07-01-2010, 06:44 PM
I agree. Good matchup.

Machida vs Griffin?

That's what I was thinking. That fight absolutely sucks for Forrest, though. Machida's good all the way up to -500.

zY|
07-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Yeah Machida is not going to let Forrest fight the kind of fight he wants. Probably going to make him look silly to a decision.

I like Rampage over Nog too.

Luke
07-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I agree. Good matchup.

Machida vs Griffin?

thats my guess also ::handshake::

Luke
07-01-2010, 09:33 PM
anyone have a line guess on this fight? I'd take Rampage according to the line

MMA_scientist
07-01-2010, 09:36 PM
^^ Before the Brilz fight it probably would have been really close. Now, my guess is Rampage will be the favorite, maybe -170. Just a guess though. I think Nog takes it personally.

Svino
07-01-2010, 10:32 PM
^^ Before the Brilz fight it probably would have been really close. Now, my guess is Rampage will be the favorite, maybe -170. Just a guess though. I think Nog takes it personally.

I think your guess about the line might be good. If I can get Nog as a dog, I'm all over it.

SPX
07-01-2010, 10:33 PM
I think your guess about the line might be good. If I can get Nog as a dog, I'm all over it.

Me too.

Luke
07-01-2010, 10:36 PM

You could be right on the line .I'm usually good at guessing lines but I havent got a good idea on this one

Luke
07-01-2010, 11:10 PM
other UFC 119 rumored fights:

TJ Grant vs Julio Paulino

Melvin Guillard vs. Jeremy Stephens

Matt Mitrione vs Joey Beltran

poopoo333
07-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Machida vs Hamill
Forrest vs Brilz

I am guessing they will happen.

SPX
07-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Machida vs Hamill is straight LOL.

Get the fuck out of here. I like Hamill, but shiiiit.

Luke
07-01-2010, 11:49 PM
Machida vs Hamill
Forrest vs Brilz

I'd take Machida -700. I dont think that fight will ever happen

poopoo333
07-02-2010, 07:49 AM
Machida vs Hamill
Forrest vs Brilz

I'd take Machida -700. I dont think that fight will ever happen

My logic is that Brilz "almost beat Nog" and is ready for a step up in competition so they feed him to someone like Forrest. Also, Hamill is coming off a win over Jardine, which is a big name, and is coming off a 4 fight win streak....so feed him to Machida so Machida can get right back in the winning column.

MMA_scientist
07-02-2010, 09:26 AM
I will never bet against Beltran again. Finally a fight I won't be tempted to bet against Beltran. I might even take him to win.

poopoo333
07-02-2010, 09:49 AM
I will never bet against Beltran again. Finally a fight I won't be tempted to bet against Beltran. I might even take him to win.

That means I will be on Mitrione. I am going opposite of the Beltran consensus here.

Svino
07-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Forrest is above Brilz, and he is coming off a win while Brilz is coming off a loss. So I can't see this fight happening for a while.

The one interesting thing about a Machida / Griffin matchup is that Forrest is a leg-kicking champion and I'm curious to see what Machida can do to cover that apparent weakness. I do think Machida would generally be too fast for him though.

Luke
07-02-2010, 02:34 PM
C.B. Dollaway vs. Joe Doerkson