PDA

View Full Version : Who has the better HW's overall UFC or Strikeforce?

Luke
07-06-2010, 12:20 AM
Of the top four in each promotion who has the best group using the following guys:

Strikeforce:

Alistair Overeem
Fedor Emelianenko
Fabricio Werdum
Antonio Silva

UFC:

Brock Lesnar
Shane Carwin
Junior Dos Santos
Cain Velasquez

Ludo
07-06-2010, 12:28 AM
UFC

Luke
07-06-2010, 12:34 AM
UFC

Y

edman5555
07-06-2010, 09:04 PM
because they can kick the crap out of the strikeforce HW's.

Svino
07-06-2010, 09:09 PM
I have to go with UFC, but I feel like it is much closer than people think. I bet if there were 4 inter-promotion fights between those 8 guys, the most likely outcome would be 2-2.

MMA_scientist
07-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Fedor is still the best HW in the world.

I think it is about even, the UFC heavies dropped a little this weekend because Brock looked bad. I personally think Fedor would KO Brock in about 30 seconds.

It is about even, slight edge to SF for having Fedor.

Thewiseman
07-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Im on the fence if Fedor/Lesnar were to fight. Fedor could get taken down instantly and then the fight is over. Same goes for Brock if Fedor connects before that happens.

Ludo
07-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Because the UFC has not only a new crop of super sized heavyweights now with incredible power but a younger crop ready to go at a moments notice. Strikeforce is stuck in a perpetual state of limbo with 6 guys to thier name worth anything, and 3 of those aren't even ranked in the top ten. Fedor is no longer unbeatable, Werdum loses to anyone he can't bait into following him to the ground that is known as a strong striker, Overeem might find success but we don't know for sure because he's fought less than credible competition in this day and age at his current weight class.

However I do agree if we put the top 4 from Strikeforce against the top 4 from the UFC we would probably end up with a series of about 3-1 in favor of the UFC just because after Fedor, Overeem, and Werdum the talent pool drops off in a big way in Bigfoot, Rogers, and Arlovski.

Basically it would look something like :Lesnar, Carwin, Cain, Dos Santos against Fedor, Werdum, Overeem, Arlovski/Rogers/Bigfoot. I just don't see Arlovski/Rogers/Bigfoot beating any of the UFC fighters mentioned above. Which kind of skews the numbers a bit because otherwise it could very well be 2-2. Werdum I think gets beaten by any of these guys with a smart gameplan, Fedor has a great shot to beat any of them, Overeem presents problems for all of them except Carwin, and Arlovski/Rogers/Bigfoot are all missing dimmensions in their game right now that could easily be exploited.