PDA

View Full Version : Shields signs with UFC

poopoo333
07-16-2010, 08:26 AM
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/7/16/15 ... signs-with (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/7/16/1572619/jake-shields-officially-signs-with)

His first fight will probably be against Kampmann.

zY|
07-16-2010, 11:32 AM
Update says it's close, but not official.

MMA_scientist
07-16-2010, 11:45 AM
He won't do shit at WW. He would be better @ MW. Too many wrestlers that will stuff him and light him up on his feet. Koscheck, Fitch, and GSP would all beat him pretty easy IMO. If Kampmann shows up like he did against Thiago, he will give Shields a lot of trouble, IMO.

Luke
07-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Shields wont do crap imo. He'll regret ever going to the UFC when he realizes Dana only wanted him there to lose fights and make strikeforce look bad

zY|
07-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Shields wont do crap imo. He'll regret ever going to the UFC when he realizes Dana only wanted him there to lose fights and make strikeforce look bad

He wants to fight the best guys. He'll find out just how good he really is. I don't see him regretting it. I just hope he got a good contract. He got screwed when he was cut by Strikeforce. No more bargaining power.

Luke
07-16-2010, 01:22 PM
I just hope he got a good contract. He got screwed when he was cut by Strikeforce. No more bargaining power.

I hope he does get screwed on his contract. He shouldnt have been hanging around with Dana while still under contract with Strikeforce and they wouldnt have cut him

zY|
07-16-2010, 01:30 PM
You're quite the ray of sunshine today.

Luke
07-16-2010, 01:51 PM
You're quite the ray of sunshine today.

Lol I'm in a good mood actually.

I just think the way Shields went about things was wrong. It was funny seeing him sitting with Dana but from a business stand point it was a bad idea imo

Ludo
07-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Shields is better off at Welterweight, since thats his more natural division. He is better off in the Welterweight division as well. Yeah there are a bunch of Wrestlers with better striking than him but he hasn't got much chance in the Middleweight division where the level of striking is alot better on average. Guys like Belcher, Leben, Akiyama, Wanderlei, Belfort, Bisping, Marquardt and even Maia would ALL outstrike Shields. His chances are greater at Welterweight where he can at least be on par size wise with most of the guys he'll be facing.

SPX
07-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Not many expected Shields to handle Hendo the way he did, so for me, the verdict is still out on how well he'll do. He's a wildcard, we'll say. He could come in and continue to beat guys that it seems like he shouldn't be able to beat, or he'll finally be shown to be a good-but-not-quite elite fighter.

SPX
07-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Guys like Belcher, Leben, Akiyama, Wanderlei, Belfort, Bisping, Marquardt and even Maia would ALL outstrike Shields.

A more productive way of going about this would be to list the guys that would NOT outstrike Shields. I can't think of any off the top of my head. . .

Ludo
07-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Maybe Dan Miller wouldn't out strike Shields. CB Dollaway.

Luke
07-17-2010, 10:25 PM
A more productive way of going about this would be to list the guys that would NOT outstrike Shields. I can't think of any off the top of my head. . .

Jardine

He cant even out strike a wrestler

ManBoobKilla
07-17-2010, 11:23 PM
He won't do shit at WW. He would be better @ MW. Too many wrestlers that will stuff him and light him up on his feet. Koscheck, Fitch, and GSP would all beat him pretty easy IMO. If Kampmann shows up like he did against Thiago, he will give Shields a lot of trouble, IMO.

I agree with you on Kos and GSP but I think he would beat Fitch. He did beat him in a submission grappling match a long time ago also.

Ludo
07-18-2010, 02:31 AM
I think Fitch would smotherfuck Shields today if he didn't knock him out like he did to a green Alves a few years ago.