PDA

View Full Version : Butterbean vs Pudz in Poland

Mr. IWS
08-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Getcha popcorn ready

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/8/3/160 ... -that-eric (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/8/3/1602528/ksw-announced-today-that-eric)

KSW announced today that Eric 'Butterbean' Esch (12-7-1) will face Mariusz Pudzianowski (2-1) in the main event of KSW 14: Judgement Day, September 18th in Atlas Arena in Lodz, Poland.

SPX
08-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Wasn't he scheduled to fight Aleksander?

Mr. IWS
08-03-2010, 10:13 AM

Not sure, but I thought Aleks got fucked up fighting a bear or some shit anyway.

SPX
08-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Not sure, but I thought Aleks got fucked up fighting a bear or some shit anyway.

I haven't heard that, but I literally LOLd when I read this.

MMA_scientist
08-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Butterbean by KO.

zY|
08-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Stop it

Mr. IWS
08-03-2010, 10:46 AM
I haven't heard that, but I literally LOLd when I read this.

Luke posted it somewhere on here, Lemme take a look for it.

Mr. IWS
08-03-2010, 10:50 AM
It was a Bull, not a bear. but still..........

viewtopic.php?p=94826#p94826 (http://www.investwithsports.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=94826#p94826)

Aleksander Emelianenko lost two teeth while FIGHTING A BULL on a game show

Until technology gets to the point where I can hear every language in the world translated through my iPhone while I ride shotgun on my friend's Mattell Hoverboard, I'm going to settle for Google Translator while I travel from one corner of the room to the other in this Wal-Mart rollie chair.

It looks like during a Russian game-show called 'Big Races' (which is shot in France), Aleksander Emelianenko participated in a competition with a bull to see if he was more of a 'beast' than an actual beast. Not sure on the exact details of the contest, but from what I understand, it involved a no-rules match that somehow included urine.

In the end of the competition, the bull stepped on Aleksander's face and knocked out two of his teeth. From the reports, the studio was literally filled with blood and Alek was rushed to a local French hospital to insert his two teeth which he apparently picked up after the incident. Keep in mind, this is the same guy who hunts bears with knives.

It looks like the studio covered all insurance cost after the incident which would make complete sense if they actually though pitting a human versus a bull in a competition was a good idea

SPX
08-03-2010, 11:17 AM
^^^ Okay, thanks for that.

That's certainly interesting.

Luke
08-03-2010, 12:37 PM

a bear ::lmao::

Luke
08-03-2010, 12:37 PM
butterbean should take this.Even though he's 6000 pounds these days he stills has way better stamina than Pudzilla

SPX
08-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Adding to the discussion:

KSW officials recently met with Russian fighter Aleksander Emelianenko with a view to him fighting on one of the promotion's upcoming cards.

Assuming he signs officially with the Polish promotion his first fight could well be against the Polish strongman Mariusz Pudzianowski.

The KSW officials stated that negotiations had gone well and a verbal agreement with the Russian was already in place.

An official announcement is due to take place on August the 3rd via the KSW website www.konfrontacja.com (http://www.konfrontacja.com).

With Emelianenko in place, a bout with "Pudzilla" would seem likely in what would be a huge ratings draw for the Eastern European promotion.

They have however also noted Butterbean's recent comments about Pudszianowski after the Pole was soundly beaten by Tim Sylvia on 'Beans own stateside Moosin Fights promotion.

Butterbean stated that; "I know he allegedly broke his foot in the fight against Sylvia, but he didn’t show anything before he quit. Pudzianowski has no stand-up and as strong as he is, he punches like a girl. All he does is throw arm punches. He needs a lot of help. He’s the 5-time World’s Strongest Man but hits like a 130-pounder, not a strong man who weighs 270 pounds. He doesn’t have the skill level to get to the level he wants to fight"

The KSW promoters have jumped on this potential grudge match and are apparently keen to place Pudzianowski and Butterbean together in their ring to see if the American can back up his talk. In any case either Butterbean vs Pudzianowski or Pudzianowski vs A. Emelianenko are both interesting fights, the former more out of morbid curiosity however.

It would make for an interesting staredown if nothing else, the two fighters possessing physiques possibly as far apart as its possible to get and still be an athlete.

Mr. IWS
08-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Pudz loses to either guy, but for the freak show factor, i would like to see Butterbean fight him. I think a fight vs. Aleks goes the same way the Sylvia fight was.

Mr. IWS
08-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Remember how were are all ::nailbiter:: when Pudz/Sylvia fought? Still the stuff of LOLZ.

zY|
08-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Remember how were are all ::nailbiter:: when Pudz/Sylvia fought? Still the stuff of LOLZ.

Yeah that was ridiculous.

Luke
08-03-2010, 01:23 PM

I wish I had been here to LOLZ at you guys

Mr. IWS
08-03-2010, 01:38 PM
I forgot, you were in Vegas that. With all the pre fight jitters, and then the actual fight, the atmosphere in the forum was one of the funniest things ever. We were waiting for an anvil to fall on Timmeh like in the cartoons.

edman5555
08-03-2010, 04:14 PM
I'm watching a butterbean fight right now and butterbean does not look very good.

Luke
08-03-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm watching a butterbean fight right now and butterbean does not look very good.

against who? Butterbean isnt very good but the dude has stamina .He went 10 rounds in a boxing match at 400 pounds

Luke
08-03-2010, 04:34 PM
We were waiting for an anvil to fall on Timmeh like in the cartoons.

::lmao::

edman5555
08-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Patrick Smith. He got knocked down and couldn't get back up. He looked like a beached whale. I think Pudz goes for the takedown and gets it.

Luke
08-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Patrick Smith. He got knocked down and couldn't get back up. He looked like a beached whale. I think Pudz goes for the takedown and gets it.

Is this a kickboxing match or MMA? If its MMA rules you could be right

edman5555
08-03-2010, 04:57 PM
The article doesn't say but the last KSW I saw with Pudz was MMA and Butterbean has quite a few mma fights. Pudz is also an MMA fighter so far though I'm sure he can change. Yeah in stand up I'd take Butterbean. Butterbean is also 42 years old now and he doesn't look like he has ever really been in that great of shape. I see Pudz grabbing him and taking him down. Pudz also has a little more exp now..(a little). I'm sure he will have learned some lessons from his last fight. I'm not saying butterbean can't win but does he one punch ko a lot of people? He has to be slow as shit. All Pudz needs is one leg and he can prob drag him down. I bet pudz will be the Udog in this too, of course its far away.

Mr. IWS
08-03-2010, 04:58 PM

good point Yamma 4Life

Luke
08-03-2010, 05:49 PM
KSW co-owner Maciej Kawulski just told on Polsat News that Aleksander Emelianenko won't fight in KSW after all because he's got hepatitis C

::handshake::