PDA

View Full Version : Question about Darrelle Revis

Luke
08-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Reports are starting the Revis may end up sitting out all of 2010 over his contract dispute . My question is since the Jets still have 3 years left on Revis's contract what stops them from just telling him to screw off for the next 3 years and tell him to play under his current contract or not at all?

Can they do that or do things change if he sits out a year?

Mr. IWS
08-10-2010, 08:32 AM
From what I heard on the radio, they can do exactly that. if he sits out the year, he doesnt get paid, and when he comes back, he still has 3 years left on his deal.

He needs to shut the fuck up and play. If he wasnt a good player, would he be giving money back? Fuck no. Now he will come back a couple days before the season, and get hurt because he was wasnt in camp getting into football shape. He can do all the conditioning he wants to on his own, there is no substitute for banging twice a day for a couple weeks in camp, and getting reps in preseason games, to get ready for the season.

If I could bet he gets hurt this season, I would do it.

Luke
08-10-2010, 01:29 PM
From what I heard on the radio, they can do exactly that. if he sits out the year, he doesnt get paid, and when he comes back, he still has 3 years left on his deal.

He needs to shut the fuck up and play. If he wasnt a good player, would he be giving money back? Fuck no. Now he will come back a couple days before the season, and get hurt because he was wasnt in camp getting into football shape. He can do all the conditioning he wants to on his own, there is no substitute for banging twice a day for a couple weeks in camp, and getting reps in preseason games, to get ready for the season.

If I could bet he gets hurt this season, I would do it.

Pretty much my thoughts also.

I think the Jets should stick to not paying him more. Revis is the one the begged for a 6 year deal when being drafted .No one made him sign it .

If I were the Jets owenr I'd just ruin the next 3 years of his career