PDA

View Full Version : Brooks's Campaign

brooks85
08-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Hey, new here. I have been posting my picks at another forum for almost 2 years now and i literally just started at sherdog, so i figured Id start here also. I work in units and I walked away from ufc 117 with +19.9 units(mainly to silva by submission +1050)

I lost 2 units on lovato and broke even on sylvia/buentello (had sylvia -120 and buentello +175) so I am sitting at +17.9 units.

These are live parlays I had placed before 117

silva/santos/couture 5 to win 3.9 units
silva/diaz 5 to win 4.24 units
dos santos/diaz 5 to win 4.55 units
silva/couture/mir 10 units to win 10.2
silva/couture/aldo 10 units to 6.41
silva/aldo/mir 10 uinits to win 10.7
silva/mir 10 units to win 7.69
couture/harris risking 5 units
diaz/harris risking 5 units

unfortunately I placed these parlays before the matchup changes when NOG and Sakara pulled out of their fights, so the parlays have been reduced accordingly. Therefore, the silva/mir parlay cashed but only provided +2.5 units of profit and brings the total to +20.4 units

These are the open bets I now have

silva/santos/couture 5 to win 3.9 units
silva/diaz 5 to win 4.24 units
dos santos/diaz 5 to win 4.55 units
silva/couture 10 units to win .. ill figure it out later, when they cash
silva/aldo 10 units to win ...
Couture -500 5 units to win 1 unit
Diaz -185 5 to win 2.7

Adding

Winner -115 to win 2.5 units.

if anyone wants the link to my other threads, just let me know.

sideloaded
08-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Welcome. Those look like solid picks. Glad to see more guys playing with parlays. Their not for suckers!

SPX
08-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Well. . . Welcome.

If you're as good as you're making yourself out to be, then we'd certainly be happy to have you around here. And even if not, we'd still be happy to have you around provided you bring a good sense of humor and generally sunny disposition.

SPX
08-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Glad to see more guys playing with parlays. Their not for suckers!

I guess not if you can make them work.

Personally, I have had abysmal luck with them. I'll always end up winning one fight but losing the other, or winning 2 of 3, or some shit like that.

brooks85
08-16-2010, 05:12 PM
hey!! thanks for the support, right when i came here and saw all the post counts I was excited. The original forum I posted at is a sports betting forum but hardly any MMA crowd, most are focused on the main sports.

I can honestly say I went way too heavy on silva. I had risked 5 units on sonnen +375 for insurance on the silva parlays but it was still too much. I spent more time playing Wii Ping Pong than watching the fight because I was literally sick to my stomach. Silva saved my ass, no doubt about it.

Aside from that, Ive made the majority of my profits from mma parlays, so I love them.

brooks85
08-16-2010, 05:13 PM
lol did it really just plug in (R- OR) ::lmao::

MMA_scientist
08-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Welcome.

You should get to know wiseman... he loves the parlays too. I personally do not like the parlays.

There is nothing wrong with them... its just that there is nothing magic about them either. You are raising your bet. So you can win more, but you can also lose more.

That said, glad to have you. SD sucks though.

SPX
08-16-2010, 05:28 PM
hey!! thanks for the support, right when i came here and saw all the post counts I was excited. The original forum I posted at is a sports betting forum but hardly any MMA crowd, most are focused on the main sports.

You may want to also look at MMA Junkie's wagering forum. It's pretty active, but not as much fun as here. We're a laid back group who does a lot of joking around and bullshitting. We are true MMA fans, though.

I spent more time playing Wii Ping Pong than watching the fight because I was literally sick to my stomach. Silva saved my ass, no doubt about it.

I know this feeling. I'm glad you won, but I really wanted Sonnen to whip his ass.

SPX
08-16-2010, 05:28 PM
lol did it really just plug in (R- OR) ::lmao::

Sharp eyes you got there. . .

Mr. IWS
08-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Welcome aboard man, looking forward to seeing how you do with your bets.
::handshake::

poopoo333
08-16-2010, 06:47 PM
"Adding

Winner -115 to win 2.5 units."

Why? Just asking because all of us have been discussing this fight without a final conclusion.

brooks85
08-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Winner opened a -215 favorite and the public has bet(on lentz) it down too -115. One "rule" I use is to always fade the public in movements like this because they are usually wrong. Hughes/Almeida is a recent example of this. I was all over almeida in the matchup until I saw the line movement and backed off Almeida, thankfully.

Aside from that and about the matchup.

Lentz is not a powerful wrestler, which is the only way he can win this fight, a 15 minute decision. He had a very hard time controlling emerson and getting him down, a problem winner will present also. Winner has a noticeable height/reach advantage (3'' height 5'' reach) and comes from arguably the best striking camps out there, team rough house. I see nik getting tired from failing TD attempts and repeatedly being out struck by winner.

edman5555
08-16-2010, 07:12 PM
What makes you think Winner has decent TDD? He has never fought a wrestler before. His best win is against Rafaello Ol. and it wasn't a win by a big margin. A clear win, but not hardcore domination or anything.

brooks85
08-16-2010, 07:25 PM
because I have seen him stuff takedowns and as I said, lentz is not a powerful wrestler so all he. His shot is very weak and telegraphed.

adding

mendes/vazquez 2.2 units to win 2

jewtuszko +400 risking 1 unit

brooks85
08-16-2010, 07:46 PM
haha SPX you set me up for failure (jk). You are right about this place being more laid back. I made a thread at mmajunkie but apparently I am not aloud to track my picks so the thread got locked. Might just be me but i find that ridiculous.

Mr. IWS
08-16-2010, 07:49 PM
. I made a thread at mmajunkie but apparently I am not aloud to track my picks so the thread got locked. Might just be me but i find that ridiculous.

that may be the dumbest shit I ever heard.

brooks85
08-16-2010, 07:53 PM
dumb on my part for not reading the rules but I would have never thought that was a rule. At first I thought it was the moderator, guidaclayallday, just pissed at me because of something at my original forum but sure enough, it is in the rules.

zY|
08-16-2010, 07:54 PM
Yeah I don't post at Junkie much anymore. I don't like the new crowd too much.

Mr. IWS
08-16-2010, 07:54 PM
Just seems like a stupid rule to be honest.

zY|
08-16-2010, 07:58 PM
Just seems like a stupid rule to be honest.

Yeah. I see what GCAD is trying to do, but Ithink he's going about it the wrong way. w/e

SPX
08-16-2010, 08:26 PM
haha SPX you set me up for failure (jk). You are right about this place being more laid back. I made a thread at mmajunkie but apparently I am not aloud to track my picks so the thread got locked. Might just be me but i find that ridiculous.

Interesting. That must be a rule they recently instituted. I actually don't go over there anymore. I don't think the quality of posters over there is any higher than it is here, and there's not the same sense of community over there.

SPX
08-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Yeah. I see what GCAD is trying to do, but Ithink he's going about it the wrong way. w/e

Ol' GCAD. He rose from humble poster to moderator. I should challenge him to a Moderator vs Moderator battle of picks.

Ludo
08-16-2010, 10:11 PM

Ol' GCAD. He rose from humble poster to moderator. I should challenge him to a Moderator vs Moderator battle of picks.

I think apples to apples we could probably give that whole board a run for it's money. Between Scientist's hard on for Jiu Jitsu and borderline obsessive compulsive behavior toward research, Svino's "I just raped your mom with math" rainman effect, Luke's extensive boxing knowledge, PP's balls to the wall style of chasing, SPX's susceptibility to "your mom" lines, sideloaded's crazy predictions, and My eye for underdogs and an innate ability to be an asshole we'd have a good shot.

Plus, most of us have seen "the hair".

Luke
08-17-2010, 12:53 AM
I think apples to apples we could probably give that whole board a run for it's money. Between Scientist's hard on for Jiu Jitsu and borderline obsessive compulsive behavior toward research, Svino's "I just raped your mom with math" rainman effect, Luke's extensive boxing knowledge, PP's balls to the wall style of chasing, SPX's susceptibility to "your mom" lines, sideloaded's crazy predictions, and My eye for underdogs and an innate ability to be an asshole we'd have a good shot.

Plus, most of us have seen "the hair" .

::lmao:: That was awesom Ludo

brooks85
08-17-2010, 06:10 PM
because I have seen him stuff takedowns and as I said, lentz is not a powerful wrestler so all he. His shot is very weak and telegraphed.

adding

mendes/vazquez 2.2 units to win 2

5d released this morning, adding to the parlay

mendes/vazques 2.1 to win 2

Luke
08-17-2010, 08:55 PM
. I made a thread at mmajunkie but apparently I am not aloud to track my picks so the thread got locked. Might just be me but i find that ridiculous.

Thats just plain stupid .I cant even think of a reason they'd do that

brooks85
08-18-2010, 03:42 PM
fuk em

adding

mendes/jorgensen 5u to win 4

MMA_scientist
08-18-2010, 03:59 PM

Yeah, I actually hate most of you guys, but I keep coming back because it is the best place to get a counter-perspective or second opinion on a fight. I would put our board against any other on the net as far as fanship/knowledge goes. Zewkey has some grizzled guys, but they lack the MMA knowledge we have here, IMO. I mean, you guys make some crazy bets and I wouldn't let you guys manage my bankroll... but we get some pretty good breakdowns going if we can stay on track for more than 3 or 4 posts consecutively.

SD and Junkie are just stupid, I don't even bother there. I usually check here, there are 3 or 4 really good guys on my blog, and then I bet. Or more often, I just bet and then regret it.

poopoo333
08-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I actually hate most of you guys

::jaydrop::

Mr. IWS
08-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I actually hate most of you guys, but I keep coming back because it is the best place to get a counter-perspective or second opinion on a fight. I would put our board against any other on the net as far as fanship/knowledge goes. Zewkey has some grizzled guys, but they lack the MMA knowledge we have here, IMO. I mean, you guys make some crazy bets and I wouldn't let you guys manage my bankroll... but we get some pretty good breakdowns going if we can stay on track for more than 3 or 4 posts consecutively.

SD and Junkie are just stupid, I don't even bother there. I usually check here, there are 3 or 4 really good guys on my blog, and then I bet. Or more often, I just bet and then regret it.

Well, I still love you no matter what. ::thumbup::

Mr. IWS
08-18-2010, 04:07 PM
fuk em

adding

mendes/jorgensen 5u to win 4

GL on it my man.

sideloaded
08-18-2010, 04:08 PM

Thanks for the props dog.

MMA_scientist
08-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I actually hate most of you guys

Well, I still love you no matter what. ::thumbup::

Not you.

http://topnews.in/light/files/Frank-Sinatra-Dean-Martin.jpg

I think we all know I was talking about SPX.

SPX
08-18-2010, 04:18 PM
I think we all know I was talking about SPX.

I'm not sure how to respond to this.

Mr. IWS
08-18-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm not sure how to respond to this.

[insert generic mom comment]

SPX
08-18-2010, 04:21 PM
[insert generic mom comment]

[insert generic foot in someone's ass]

Mr. IWS
08-18-2010, 04:22 PM
We are destroying brooks's thread, lol

Brooks, let me know if you want me to move all this shit outta here.

brooks85
08-18-2010, 04:24 PM
haha its cool

shitty 5d opening limits ::thumbdown::

mir -210 risking 2.1u to win 1

hornbuckle/randy inside the distance/mir 1u to win 1.33

MMA_scientist
08-18-2010, 04:32 PM
We are destroying brooks's thread, lol

Brooks, let me know if you want me to move all this shit outta here.

Like I said, if we could stay on topic for more than 3 or 4 posts...

brooks85
08-18-2010, 05:46 PM
time for my jackpot parlays. Believe it or not, ive had some good success with these.

paixao/vazquez/mendes/jorgensen/lamas/poirer/hornbuckle .5u to win 10
mickelwright/proirer/barret/cavalcanter/winner .05u to win 13.87
paixao/lamas/mickelwright/porier/winner/edgar .1u to win 12.13
poirer/micklewright/cavalcante/barret/bisping decision/guillard decision/diaz decision .01u to win 11.13
poirer/mickelwright/penn decision/diaz decision/wiman decision/guillard decision/bisping decision/hardy decision/kampmann decison/gsp decision .01u to win 14.54
poirer/mickelwright/penn decision/guillard decision/bisping decision/hardy decision/kampmann decison/gsp decision .025u to win 7.33
poirer/mickelwright/cavalcante/penn decision/guillard decision/bisping decision/hardy decision/kampmann decison/gsp decision .025u to win 30.52

all the decision fights are "goes to decision," meaning penn-edgar goes to decison, bisping-akiyama goes to decision. I just listed the fighter who I think who is going win the decision to save space.

Mr. IWS
08-18-2010, 05:48 PM
^^^^^^^^^ we call them "wiseman specials" here. LOL

GL my man.

brooks85
08-18-2010, 06:25 PM
lol, I do love them

adding

benavidez by sub/penn decision/guillard decision/bisping decision/hardy decision/gsp decision .025u to win 7.10
benavidez by ko-tko/penn decision/guillard decision/bisping decision/hardy decision/gsp decision .025u to win 11.14

goes to decision

brooks85
08-18-2010, 07:14 PM
poirer/micklewright/cavalcante/barret/bisping decision/guillard decision/diaz decision .01u to win 11.13
poirer/mickelwright/penn decision/diaz decision/wiman decision/guillard decision/bisping decision/hardy decision/kampmann decison/gsp decision .01u to win 14.54
poirer/mickelwright/penn decision/guillard decision/bisping decision/hardy decision/kampmann decison/gsp decision .025u to win 7.33
poirer/mickelwright/cavalcante/penn decision/guillard decision/bisping decision/hardy decision/kampmann decison/gsp decision .025u to win 30.52

all the decision fights are "goes to decision," meaning penn-edgar goes to decison, bisping-akiyama goes to decision. I just listed the fighter who I think who is going win the decision to save space.

same parlays except no Poirer, replaced with Cruz by decision

Luke
08-18-2010, 07:17 PM
another wiseman specials guy ::haptime::

brooks85
08-18-2010, 11:56 PM
jewtuszko getting the job done. Cant wait to see that fight.

+16 units
-.84u

profit +15.16u

YTD profit 33.06u

Luke
08-19-2010, 12:25 AM
jewtuszko getting the job done. Cant wait to see that fight.

+16 units
-.84u

profit +15.16u

YTD profit 33.06u

great job man

::clap::

sideloaded
08-19-2010, 12:28 AM
::praise:: ::praise:: ::praise:: ::thumbup:: ::thumbup:: ::thumbup::

brooks85
08-19-2010, 12:32 AM
thank ya gentlemen

adding

barret +450 risking 1u

fade time(carter missed weight by 6.5lbs)

torrence taylor -115,-125 to win 1u each(limits)

brooks85
08-19-2010, 12:38 AM
118 is going to be a huge card for me, depending if the lines are favorable

couture
diaz
winner
osip (going to hit soon)
miranda
salter
pierce

MMA_scientist
08-19-2010, 08:00 AM
Brooks, how do you define a unit?

brooks85
08-19-2010, 09:27 AM
i got a set value on it

1 unit = 100 bones

adding

mir -200,-140 to win 1u each

MMA_scientist
08-19-2010, 09:42 AM
^^ but do you play with a defined bankroll?

Most people use units to describe the size of their bet in proportion to the overall bankroll... so a 33u return is great if you are playing with a typical 50-100u bankroll. If you are just betting $100, it is hard to measure your sucess... If you are putting 20% at risk every time, +30u is going to happen at some point most likely, before the inevitable massive fail that comes. http://mmajunkie.com/news/3947/mma-wage ... gement.mma (http://mmajunkie.com/news/3947/mma-wagering-guide-bankroll-management.mma)

Like if you look at our contest, Poopoo has turned in a 70% roi in just 2 months, and most of us have been up at least 30% at one point. but if really bet like that, the risk of ruin is too high, we would all eventually go bust.

I know I am probably not telling you anything you don't know. But the +unit return has more meaning within a specific framework.

I would like to see your other posts... I just want to see your edge. Our resident math whiz explains how to calculate your edge in a post here: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=7786&p=62828&hilit=edge+calculate#p62828 (http://investwithsports.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=7786&p=62828&hilit=edge+calculate#p62828)

brooks85
08-19-2010, 10:12 AM
ya i know what you are saying and the unit of 100 is based of a % of my bankroll but not an exact %. It is basically the number i fell into after having some big ups and big downs. I know it is confusing to gauge here because I started at 0.. At my original thread I just posted dollar amounts but I just think units or any kind of term other than dollar looks better.

This is a link to my thread i started 9/09. I posted at the site since 12/08 but the thread is when I started betting bigger and decided to track my picks. You guys can check out some of the huge losses Ive certainly had like when werdum tangled fedor up. My biggest win of the summer tho was hathaway over sanchez. I got hathaway at +330, man i miss those days.

http://forum.sbrforum.com/boxing-mma-uf ... paign.html (http://forum.sbrforum.com/boxing-mma-ufc-betting/225645-brookss-campaign.html)

I am definitely not trying to plug the site, let me know If I need to remove the link.

MMA_scientist
08-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Thanks, I am going to give it a look a little later

SPX
08-19-2010, 11:07 AM
http://forum.sbrforum.com/boxing-mma-uf ... paign.html (http://forum.sbrforum.com/boxing-mma-ufc-betting/225645-brookss-campaign.html)

I am definitely not trying to plug the site, let me know If I need to remove the link.

Dude this is an ABSOLUTE TOS VIOLATION! Completely unacceptable. If you want to keep posting around here, you need to straighten up, young man.

Nah, I'm just playin'. . .

zY|
08-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Yeah I think everyone already knows about sbr anyways. Too populated for me.

Havis Jr
08-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Hey Brooks are you going to post any parlays with multiple sports in this thread?

I saw you had quite a few at the beginning of your scr thread that looked like winners. Even if you only win a few your still making $ seems like a good strategy.

brooks85
08-19-2010, 03:11 PM
ya i definitely will be. I cant wait for football to get started.

brooks85
08-19-2010, 11:39 PM
I think it should back to back nights with a +400 winner but the crazy BFC judges dropped the ball again. Barret clearly won round 1 and 2 with top control, im not sure what the judges were watching.

+1u for tonight

34.06+

zY|
08-19-2010, 11:41 PM
Congrats but I agreed with the judges exactly. He had top control but was doing absolutely nothing and getting beat up by the Pole from the bottom.

Havis Jr
08-19-2010, 11:57 PM
I think it should back to back nights with a +400 winner but the crazy BFC judges dropped the ball again. Barret clearly won round 1 and 2 with top control, im not sure what the judges were watching.

+1u for tonight

34.06+

It was the right play, 9/10 times that fight would have been judged correctly for Barret. Apparently there were a lot of controversial decisions tonight...The judges were fuckin up all over the place.

zY|
08-20-2010, 12:02 AM

+1u for tonight

34.06+

It was the right play, 9/10 times that fight would have been judged correctly for Barret. Apparently there were a lot of controversial decisions tonight...The judges were fuckin up all over the place.

The judges literally got everything right tonight. On the telecast at least.

brooks85
08-20-2010, 10:10 AM
most playbyplay sites have barrett winning also 2-1 . I agree his style was crap but that wins the fight 9/10 times. If the judges used consistency, barrett won the fight. And he was landing from the top and the hits grab was landing do not justify him being on his back for almost 10 minutes imo.

SPX
08-20-2010, 10:25 AM
^^^ I honestly didn't pay enough attention to have an opinion, but watching it out of the corner of my eye I assumed Barrett was going to win. In any case, it was funny to see him get pissed as shit when the decision was announced. I'd have been pissed if I had had a bet on him, though, so I understand your frustration.

brooks85
08-20-2010, 04:35 PM
well at least taylor covered it. I actually think the judges scored it right but i was just surprised that they did because of how much time grabowski spent on his back, usually that is a killer. I started counting my money too soon but its good to see the judges not value the laynpray.

miranda +280 risking 1u

brooks85
08-20-2010, 05:32 PM
miranda +170, +165 risking 1u each

zY|
08-21-2010, 06:26 PM
well at least taylor covered it. I actually think the judges scored it right but i was just surprised that they did because of how much time grabowski spent on his back, usually that is a killer. I started counting my money too soon but its good to see the judges not value the laynpray.

miranda +280 risking 1u

Yeah I hear ya. I figured he was going to get it too.

Overall, I agree there should be consistency, but I'd prefer they get fights consistently right than consistently wrong.

brooks85
08-24-2010, 01:52 AM
salter +220 risking 2.5

brooks85
08-24-2010, 11:29 PM
toney +540 risking 2.5u

zY|
08-24-2010, 11:39 PM
toney +540 risking 2.5u

Mr. IWS
08-25-2010, 08:42 AM
toney +540 risking 2.5u

::clap::

brooks85
08-25-2010, 10:04 AM
lol

I had to buy some insurance on him just in case. Even though he is going to get his shit tossed ::beatup::

SPX
08-25-2010, 10:53 AM
lol

I had to buy some insurance on him just in case. Even though he is going to get his shit tossed ::beatup::

That's a lot of insurance. . . I don't even like risking that much on fights I'm fairly confident about.

brooks85
08-25-2010, 05:15 PM
well i got a good amount riding on couture. I was going to put 5u on toney but no point, just be a waste.

Salter +235 risking 5u

Luke
08-25-2010, 05:21 PM
So what do you have on Couture and Toney?

All I seen was 5 to win 1 on Couture and 2.5 to win 13.5 on Toney but you said you had a good amount on Couture

brooks85
08-25-2010, 05:46 PM
i got 25u on couture with the parlays on page 1

brooks85
08-26-2010, 12:38 AM
pierce/pearson 5.5u to win 5

brooks85
08-26-2010, 11:26 AM
winner -120 to win 2.5u

brooks85
08-26-2010, 11:57 AM
osipczak -145,-155 to win 2.5u,5u

sbjj
08-26-2010, 12:23 PM
What offshore site is letting you drop 1k and up on MMA parlays? I have a tough time getting them to let me do that in Vegas.

brooks85
08-26-2010, 01:23 PM
betus, 5d and bodog. The limit at betus is 2.5k, used to be 5k. Limit at bodog is 500 tho.

brooks85
08-27-2010, 12:42 AM
alright heading on vacation for a couple weeks, should be back in time for ufn 22. Cyaaaa

adding miranda +188 risking 2u

Luke
08-27-2010, 12:55 AM
GL brooks and have fun on vacation

Ludo
08-27-2010, 01:35 AM
He seems really confident in Miranda... I'm wondering if I shouldn't beef up My half unit play on the guy simply because this dude has like 4u on him.

Mr. IWS
08-27-2010, 08:27 AM
alright heading on vacation for a couple weeks, should be back in time for ufn 22. Cyaaaa

adding miranda +188 risking 2u

Have a good one man.

SPX
08-27-2010, 11:17 AM
He seems really confident in Miranda... I'm wondering if I shouldn't beef up My half unit play on the guy simply because this dude has like 4u on him.

One thing I think we can pretty much say for sure is that Maia won't be knocking Miranda out like Harris did.

And I still haven't seen Miranda's fight with Loiseau but I heard it was pretty brutal.

MMA_scientist
08-27-2010, 11:37 AM
^^ I think Maia's plan has to be to get the takedown. He probably will get it. But if he doesn't, Miranda will probably win. But given what we know, I think you still have to favor Maia and his ability to get that takedown even against supposedly superior wrestlers. He is still levels above Miranda on the ground. I think it will look like Maia/McDonald if Miranda gives up on defending, or Maia/Miller if not, with Maia playing the Dan Miller role this time (Maia did eventually get Miller down too).

brooks85
09-07-2010, 03:30 PM
back from the trip.

Streak came to an abrupt end at UFC 118. Finished the night -11.37u

+22.69 overall

open bets

pierce/pearson 5.55 to win 5
hornbuckle/randy inside the distance/mir 1 to win 1.33

adding

palhares by decison +5.65 risking 1
marquardt by decision +1.90 risking 1

doerksen inside the distance +484 risking 1

grant -150 to win 2

brooks85
09-09-2010, 05:26 PM
saints ml/karakahyan 2.52 to win 2.5

larkin/sokoudjou/bama ml 3.12 to win 2.5

brooks85
09-11-2010, 02:21 AM
+2.5u

CFB play
Wisconsin -39 -120 to win 2u

brooks85
09-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Been real busy the past couple of weeks, had to actually go into work. Lookn to recover what pearson and palhares lost me.

Minowa +163 risking 1u
akiyo +350 risking 1u

minowa/akiyo/stephens goes 3rd distance .25u to win 7.35

miller/hansen/pats/vikings 2.5 to win 2.45
miller/pats/vikings/ravens 2.5 to win 2.18

Mr. IWS
09-24-2010, 07:07 PM
GL on the bets brooks!

brooks85
09-25-2010, 04:52 PM
adding

mir/grant 10u to win 13u

brooks85
09-25-2010, 08:40 PM
adding

stephens by decision +269 risking 2u

mir/pats/vikings 10.95u to win 10u

crocop +190,+185 risking 5u a piece

will be buying back a little on the lions ml tomorrow

SPX
09-25-2010, 08:42 PM
^^^ 500u? Are we supposed to take this seriously?

brooks85
09-25-2010, 08:43 PM
lol its supposed to be 5u, i just copy n pasted it from my other thread and forgot to delete the 0's

brooks85
09-26-2010, 11:55 AM
had a good day yesterday, would have been better if stephens got the right call but judges love movement and guillard was channeling his inner frankie edgar. It was very effective in round 1. It definitely was not as bad as the sherk decision tho. Im surprised he won round 2 by getting beat up, caught in multiple chokes and offered almost 0 offense.

bills +750 risking 1u
lions +590 risking 1u
browns +600 risking .5u

brooks85
09-28-2010, 05:59 PM
top notch weekend in mma and football.

hominick +140 risking 5u
toner +185 risking 2u

brooks85
09-29-2010, 09:42 PM
aldo/sungjung/packers/saints 2.5u to win 2.3

brooks85
09-29-2010, 10:03 PM
aldo/bama/saints/packers 11.4u to win 10

brooks85
09-29-2010, 10:09 PM
silva/aldo 10 units to win 4.94

the bets i placed awhile back that just waiting for aldo to cash

manny +425,+450 risking 2.5u each

brooks85
09-29-2010, 11:23 PM
WEC 51 FOTN Chad George vs Antonio Banuelos +1100 risking .5u

brooks85
09-30-2010, 10:37 AM
manny by ko +1520 risking 1u

brooks85
09-30-2010, 03:02 PM
george +270 risking 2u

brooks85
09-30-2010, 03:10 PM
normally i dont do scalps because the juice is never worth the squeeze but id be a fool to not take advantage of this line movement.

hominick +140 risking 5u(previous bet)
garcia +190 risking 5u

brooks85
09-30-2010, 03:35 PM
varner by decision +175 risking 1u

brooks85
09-30-2010, 03:43 PM
varner by decision +170 risking 1u

brooks85
09-30-2010, 05:57 PM
roop +230 risking 100

Mr. IWS
09-30-2010, 06:00 PM
BOL tonight brooks

brooks85
09-30-2010, 06:17 PM
thank ya sir, BOL to you as well

one last parlay

fuji/brown/saints/packers 2.95u to win 2.5

brooks85
09-30-2010, 07:12 PM
damn, sounds like banuelos has all the luck. Bastard was saved by the bell in round 1 as he tapped, so says the playbyplay.

brooks85
10-01-2010, 12:09 AM
lackluster night finished just +.65u. Could have been more if chad had just a couple of extra seconds at the end of round 1. Im a cerrone fan so i was pumped watching that bet lose, definitely exceeded expectations.

open bets

aldo/bama/saints/packers 11.4u to win 10
fuji/brown/saints/packers 2.95u to win 2.5

brooks85
10-01-2010, 11:45 PM
overeem/schilt/bama/packers 2.05u to win 1.5

teixeira +140 risking .5u

brooks85
10-01-2010, 11:51 PM
zimmerman/bama .5u to win .5

brooks85
10-02-2010, 01:10 AM
teixeira +110 risking 2u

brooks85
10-03-2010, 09:48 PM
got some luck on my side today

-3u from k1
+14u from parlays

velasquez +145,+140 risking 5u,2u

Mr. IWS
10-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Nice job on the parlays man.

brooks85
10-09-2010, 10:09 PM
hopefully this parlay wont be as close.

thomson/colts 2u to win 2.4

brooks85
10-13-2010, 12:09 PM
+2.4u from last weekend

hathaway/kongo 2.5u to win 2

got a couple more plays lined up, just waiting to see if the lines keep getting better

hardy by decision/bisping by decision/hathaway by decision/kongo inside the distance .32u to win 10
hardy by decision/bisping by decision/hathaway inside the distance/kongo inside the distance .42u to win 10

MMA_scientist
10-13-2010, 12:20 PM
I like that Hathaway/Kongo parlay. I might follow on that. I have Hathaway as part of my locks parlay, and I have a bet on Kongo. But getting almost even money on a parlay makes me feel happy.

brooks85
10-13-2010, 12:30 PM
ya i feel like it is a good one, I think the line on kongo is too soft even at -200. Im also looking at the patrick line, if it keeps getting better ill just play it SU, if not parlay it.

unit updates
just calculated everything and ive finally recovered from that debacle i suffered at ufc 118 ::crying:: by far my worse event ever capping wise; 1-4 on my SU picks

(was at 36 going into ufc 118 then i dropped down to 22)
+41.98u

brooks85
10-13-2010, 08:59 PM
fuji/davis/macdonald 1.15u to win 1
fuji/davis/bonnar 1.11uto win 1

story +285 risking 1

edman5555
10-13-2010, 09:48 PM
where are you getting those props Brooks?

brooks85
10-13-2010, 10:18 PM
im getting the lines at bodog but i just read macdonald is injured and out ::beatup::

Luke
10-14-2010, 12:02 AM
im getting the lines at bodog but i just read macdonald is injured and out ::beatup::

He is Brian Foster is replacing him

brooks85
10-15-2010, 01:16 AM
props to mma scentist for bringing these boxing lines to my attention

adding

Bute/Diaconu/Klitschko/Smith/Crimson Tide/Sooners/Seminoles/Steelers 2.66u to win 2

Bute/Diaconu/Klitschko/Crimson Tide/Sooners/Seminoles/Davis 2.5u to win 2.34

brooks85
10-15-2010, 01:25 AM
^ last parlay is supposed to have steelers in it also

brooks85
10-15-2010, 01:40 AM
never posted these so im not going to count them towards total but i figured it would still look good when they hit ::hammertime::

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9518/5dparlay.png

hindsight is a bitch tho, i dont know what i was thinking. I should have made 2 more of those 1 dollar parlays and switched hughes in ::fingerscrossed::

sick part is that guillard/stephens decision at -130, by the time the fight came around it got as high as +165.

Havis Jr
10-15-2010, 01:56 AM
What do you think about Thiago wins by 3 round decision +187* vs Not Thiago by 3 round decision ?

poopoo333
10-15-2010, 10:16 AM
I think you are going to win that last parlay for sure.

MMA_scientist
10-15-2010, 12:45 PM
That last one has a real good chance. That'll be nuts if that hits.

brooks85
10-15-2010, 12:57 PM
What do you think about Thiago wins by 3 round decision +187* vs Not Thiago by 3 round decision ?

tbh im not even sure why I put thiago in the mix in one parlay and not the other but i do like that prop, it was not available to me at the time I made that parlay or I would have use it. I definitely think the fight is going to decision regardless who wins.

Right now its +187 both ways, good scalp there.

poopoo333
10-15-2010, 01:22 PM
I like the first two as well, but I think Reljic and Paulo Thiago will probably lose..

brooks85
10-16-2010, 11:59 AM
i like reljic a lot in that matchup, the only thing Im waiting to see his how much muscle he packs on because soszynski only way to win will be holding reljic against the cage and either way sosyzn will run low on gas by round 2 id imagine.

hardy by decision +168, +145 risking 2.5u each
Condit +160 risking 5u

Akiyama/Buckeyes -3.5/Ravens/Falcons/Jets over 42/Cain .22u to win 20
Condit/Buckeyes -3.5/Ravens/Falcons/Jets over 42/Cain .22u to win 20

I got multiple parlays that need the Duke blue devils to pull the upset.

duke/mcsweeney/akiyama/cain
duke/mcsweeney/condit/cain
duke/wildscats/condit/cain
duke/wildcats/akiyama/cain
duke/buckeyes-4/iowa-4/falcons/ravens/cain

i got some more on duke but those are the ones I feel good about, if jacory will throw 4ints for me ::worship::

brooks85
10-16-2010, 01:29 PM
if mcsweeney only had a gas tank, guess ill have to keep on dreaming

brooks85
10-16-2010, 01:37 PM
last minute play

gustafsson -135 to win 5u

brooks85
10-17-2010, 01:41 PM
started off a great day yesterday but finished horribly thanks to the buckeyes. Hathaway got worked and the worse part about it is I was licking my chops for stungun in the original matchup and I know he would have destroyed hathaway but now so does everyone else. Probably would have got stungun at +200 or better ::headbanger::
I can't believe pyle was able to control him like that tho, hathaway looked very weak and the sad part is that is not even pyle's game.

But the best part was the condit KO, it ruined my 10 dollar parlay which I thought was money but at least I got to see my guy knock hardy silly, well worth it. There was definitely a majority opinion that condit was overrated or just not very good and he should be on a 12 fight win streak.

Gusta also did me good, i was hesitant to bet on because I thought me being a fan of his is blinding me but I heard enough from other to know it was the right side.

+4.49u for the event

brooks85
10-17-2010, 03:02 PM
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt254/Eccocide/2z7ka60.gif

haha just saw this, fucking love it

edman5555
10-17-2010, 04:46 PM
That has to be a tough pill to swallow for Dan Hardy. He called out Jackson for the lay and pray and then Condit KO's him in the first round.

brooks85
10-17-2010, 05:05 PM
ha i know and what he did at the weighin, just made it so much sweeter