PDA

View Full Version : 8-19-10

Mr. IWS
08-19-2010, 10:51 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section!!!

Big Al, Lang, Sprietzer, PPP, Burns, Root, Dr.Bob, Ness, (go here)

ALL OTHER'S WILL BE POSTED IN THE REGULARS!!

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT BOTH CLICK ON THIS IT WILL TAKE YOU
viewforum.php?f=36 (http://www.investwithsports.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=36)
RIGHT TO IT!

Mr. IWS
08-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Ben Burns | NFL Total Thu, 08/19/10 - 7:30 PM

double-dime bet 401 IND / 402 BUF Under 34.0 Bookmaker.com
Analysis: I'm playing on the Colts and Bills to finish UNDER the total. These teams closed out the regular season against each other last year. That game was almost like an exhibition game though, as the Colts had already secured the #1 seed in the AFC playoffs. The game would finish with 37 points. The previous four meetings all finished with 34 or fewer points though. I expect another relatively low-scoring game on Thursday, at Toronto.

Neither of these teams had to have been very happy with their defensive performances in Week 1. The Colts gave up 37 points vs. San Francisco.

The Bills were even worse. They gave up 42 points at Washington. It was the most points the Redskins scored in a preseason game since 1988. As a result, I expect both teams to place a greater emphasis on that side of the ball here.

After last week's blowout, Bills' linebacker Andra Davis noted: "...We'll learn from this." Making his return to the NFL, coach Chan Gailey figures to be particularly interested in seeing an improved effort from the defense.

While all teams hope to avoid injury in the preseason, the Colts should be particularly interested in staying healthy on offense. Pro Bowl center Jeff Saturday could miss up to six weeks after arthroscopic knee surgery, while starting left tackle Charlie Johnson missed all week of practice with a sprained right foot. Rookie interior lineman Jacques McClendon also missed this week's work with an undisclosed injury.

Additionally, Pro Bowl tight end injured his left leg in last Friday's practice.

In addition to wanting to holding their opponent to fewer points and staying healthy, the Colts should be looking to work on their ground attack. They came into the season lookin to improve their running game. Yet, they produced only 8 yards on the ground in the first 25 minutes.

Peyton Manning already looked in mid-season form, so the offense figures to feature a fairly heavy dose of the run, even when Manning is in the game.

Obviously, Manning is more than capable. However, Curtis Painter and Tim Brandstater will see the majority of the snaps. Neither QB exactly keeps defensive coordi~nators awake at night. Likewise for the Bills' quartet of Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brian Brohm and Levi Brown.

While the Canadian fans would probably prefer a "shootout," with both teams looking for an improved defensive effort, I look for the final combined score to stay below the number. *9

Mr. IWS
08-19-2010, 12:54 PM
big al

nfl-colts
mlb-phil
mlb-dodgers(div goy)