PDA

View Full Version : King Mo and KJ Noons caught cheating last night?

Luke
08-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Most of you watched Strikeforce Houston and had to manually pick your jaws up off the floor at the tail-end of some considerable upsets. Between Fedor earning his first loss back in June, and Bobby Lashley & King Mo both earning their first L of their professional careers last night, it seems that the organization’s most marketable fighters have all reminded us why betting on MMA is probably the most irresponsible thing you could do with your rent money. It’s one of those mornings where I’ve confirmed a sizable conspiracy, and as it unfolds, I have to be secretive so that Texas State Athletic Commission doesn’t send journalistic-assassins after me.

Sometime between yesterday and today, a new foreign substance allegedly went into play for select fighters of last night’s Strikeforce card. These screenshots below show a substance being ingested by King Mo and KJ Noons (coincidentally betting favorites) before their respective bouts.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/luke1899/kjnoons.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/luke1899/kingmo.jpg

Both containers appear to be the same substance and were ingested similarly by both fighters. They also resemble bottles of pure compressed oxygen like these http://www.oxygen4energy.com/ that when ingested, could considerably improve an athlete’s stamina & cardio. What makes this interesting is that compressed oxygen is a substance banned from nearly every endurance sport, including MMA; in every state, including Texas.

Check out what we found on the Texas state athletic comission’s website that outlines the rules of what supplies are allowed to accompany a fighter to the ring/cage:

(i) A second shall be responsible for a contestant’s corner supplies.

(1) Approved supplies are ice, which must be in an ice bag or Department approved container, water, cotton swabs, gauze pads, clean towels, Adrenalin 1:10,000, Avitene, Thromblin, petroleum jelly or other surgical lubricant, medical diachylon tape, Enswel, and electrolytes. Electrolytes must be brought to the ring in the manufacturer’s sealed container. Electrolytes must be opened for the first time in the presence of a representative of the Department. All coagulants shall be in a container with the proper manufacturer’s label and not contaminated by any foreign substance.

(2) All containers shall be properly labeled with the manufacturer’s label and not contaminated by any foreign substance.

(3) The use of an unapproved substance may result in disciplinary action.

(4) Only water and electrolytes shall be permitted for hydration of a contestant between rounds. Honey, glucose, or sugar, or any other substance may not be mixed with the water.

Mr. IWS
08-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Interesting.

I might buy some of that shit though.

SPX
08-22-2010, 02:47 PM
How interesting.

It raises the question of whether or not they would be so bold as to blatantly do the shit right there in front of everyone. Why not in the locker room right before they come out?

Also, apparently that shit didn't work for Mo. . .

Mr. IWS
08-22-2010, 02:50 PM
It’s one of those mornings where I’ve confirmed a sizable conspiracy, and as it unfolds, I have to be secretive so that Texas State Athletic Commission doesn’t send journalistic-assassins after me.

Did X write that?

Mr. IWS
08-22-2010, 02:50 PM
How interesting.

It raises the question of whether or not they would be so bold as to blatantly do the shit right there in front of everyone. Why not in the locker room right before they come out?

Also, apparently that shit didn't work for Mo. . .

Those knees knocked all that oxygen out his ass.

Mr. IWS
08-22-2010, 02:52 PM
In all seriousness, I dont see how this shit really helps all that much. Oxygen is Oxygen to me.

poopoo333
08-22-2010, 02:53 PM
That stuff doesn't really do anything. The #1 powerlifter in the world in the 198 weight class let me use his (I think it's his product actually) before my deadlifts and there was no effect at all.

Luke
08-22-2010, 02:55 PM
In all seriousness, I dont see how this shit really helps all that much. Oxygen is Oxygen to me.

there's a huge difference in the air you breathe everyday and 100% pure oxygen.

Air is around 22% oxygen ,78% nitrogen.

Luke
08-22-2010, 02:58 PM
That stuff doesn't really do anything. The #1 powerlifter in the world in the 198 weight class let me use his (I think it's his product actually) before my deadlifts and there was no effect at all.

pure oxygen doesnt make you stronger it gives you better stamina for the most part.Thats probably why it had no effect on you

Oxygen isnt steriods why were you guys taking it before lifting weights?

SPX
08-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Did X write that?

LOL

poopoo333
08-22-2010, 02:59 PM

pure oxygen doesnt make you stronger it gives you better stamina for the most part.

Oxygen isnt steriods why were you guys taking it before lifting weights?

Yeah I was just going to say, I wasn't doing anything involving a shit load of endurance, but it does wear on you throughout the day because you are there so long. He was the only one using it, and he told me to try it lol so I did.

zY|
08-22-2010, 02:59 PM
What is this, the new bottled water?

From their FAQ, this is my favorite part.

Is using recreational oxygen safe?

Yes. All research indicates that oxygen toxicity only occurs after breathing virtually pure oxygen for hours at a time. Recreational canned oxygen typically has less than 2 minutes of continuous flow oxygen per can, is not delivered in pure form and is administered in short bursts. There is no research indicating that short bursts of oxygen can be detrimental to your health. In addition, our cans do not have airtight delivery systems, so even though their may be 90-95% oxygen in the cans, that's not even close to what you are getting in your lungs.

So what is the fucking point?

Mr. IWS
08-22-2010, 03:01 PM

Nigga please. Y U Lyin?

Air is 100% Air, errbody no dat.

Luke
08-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Yeah I was just going to say, I wasn't doing anything involving a shit load of endurance, but it does wear on you throughout the day because you are there so long. He was the only one using it, and he told me to try it lol so I did.

If you were lifting all day it might have helped you from getting tired ::handshake:: Its suppose to be for endurance also

Mr. IWS
08-22-2010, 03:02 PM
In addition, our cans do not have airtight delivery systems, so even though their may be 90-95% oxygen in the cans, that's not even close to what you are getting in your lungs.

[/quote]

::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao::

I bet that shit is writtinn real small on that can somewhere.

Luke

Nigga please. Y U Lyin?

Air is 100% Air, errbody no dat.

lol ::lmao::

SPX

Ha ha ha ha ha. . .

Yeah, someone needs to question them on that shit.

poopoo333
08-22-2010, 03:03 PM

If you were lifting all day it might have helped you from getting tired ::handshake:: Its suppose to be for endurance also

Yeah, but the deadlifts were the last lift of the day haha

Luke
08-22-2010, 03:04 PM
What is this, the new bottled water?

From their FAQ, this is my favorite part.

Is using recreational oxygen safe?

Yes. All research indicates that oxygen toxicity only occurs after breathing virtually pure oxygen for hours at a time. Recreational canned oxygen typically has less than 2 minutes of continuous flow oxygen per can, is not delivered in pure form and is administered in short bursts. There is no research indicating that short bursts of oxygen can be detrimental to your health. In addition, our cans do not have airtight delivery systems, so even though their may be 90-95% oxygen in the cans, that's not even close to what you are getting in your lungs.

Very interesting Zy .I wonder what the actual oxygen content % you are getting?

Mr. IWS
08-22-2010, 03:06 PM

I would say 22%

Luke
08-22-2010, 03:06 PM

I would say 22%

::lmao::

Mr. IWS
08-22-2010, 03:07 PM
A wise man once awared me on the content of air. ::praise::

Svino
I don't see how this would have any effect that you couldn't get just by deliberately hyperventilating before the fight starts.

zY|
A wise man once awared me on the content of air. ::praise::

It's pronounced 'err'. Errbody no dat.

Mr. IWS
08-22-2010, 03:08 PM
^^^ u rite

Luke
08-22-2010, 03:08 PM
No matter what the content was is there much doubt they were cheating?

Maybe they should have fed the shit to Bobby " gas tank" Lashley.

I wonder if anything becomes of this or Strikeforce pushes it under the rug

Mr. IWS
08-22-2010, 03:09 PM
I dunno, but I heard Lashleys best round was the 5th. He had that firefighter right where he wanted him.

Svino
08-22-2010, 03:10 PM

Seems like promotions tend to push these decisions onto the athletic commissions.

zY|
08-22-2010, 03:11 PM

Well if it is in fact against the rules, they should at least be reprimanded. But I doubt anything will come of it. The Texas commission seems preoccupied trying to find every last dick in the world to suck. On top of the catastrophic reffing in at least 3 fights, from what I read they didn't even bother doing fight day drug testing. Fuck it, I guess.

zY|
08-22-2010, 03:12 PM
I'm not even going to get into the standup from mount again, everyone knows how I feel about that. But did anyone notice that it appeared as if they didn't do a damn thing to Lashley's cut inbetween rounds? That was a pretty substantial cut and it looked like they did nothing but wipe the blood off.

Mr. IWS
08-22-2010, 03:13 PM
The Texas commission seems preoccupied trying to find every last dick in the world to suck. On top of the catastrophic reffing in at least 3 fights, from what I read they didn't even bother doing fight day drug testing. Fuck it, I guess.

And if memory serves me correctly, some real fuckin tragedies in boxing decisions down there.

Mr. IWS
08-22-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm not even going to get into the standup from mount again, everyone knows how I feel about that. But did anyone notice that it appeared as if they didn't do a damn thing to Lashley's cut inbetween rounds? That was a pretty substantial cut and it looked like they did nothing but wipe the blood off.

Thats cause they had a fuckin stoner for a cornerman. Who the fuck was that guy with the fu-man-chu?

Luke
08-22-2010, 03:18 PM
And if memory serves me correctly, some real fuckin tragedies in boxing decisions down there.

been on the wrong side of a few of those ::thumbdown::

Never in a close fight bet against the guy from Texas when the fights in Texas

Mr. IWS
08-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Paulie Malinaggie comes to mind recently.

zY|
08-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Yeah, and another thing. Who the fuck was working his corner? After the 2nd round they just left him in there by himself when he was clearly hurt, taking their sweet ass time getting in there. Contrast that with Rich Franklin in the 2nd Silva fight. At the end of the 1st round Rich is splayed out on the canvas like a car crash victim, and Matt Hume sprints into the cage and basically picks up his carcass and puts it on the stool.

Mr. IWS
08-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Good point zY. Those ATT niggas could have at least run interference on the Ref, and told Lashley just L n P the third as much as he could, take the decision, and get the fuck outta town.

zY|
08-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Good point zY. Those ATT niggas could have at least run interference on the Ref, and told Lashley just L n P the third as much as he could, take the decision, and get the fuck outta town.

Yeah, you would think so, right? They could have at least put Griggs down with a steel chair or something to distract the ref.

Mr. IWS
08-22-2010, 03:25 PM
LOL^^^^^^^^^^^

Luke
08-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Yeah, you would think so, right? They could have at least put Griggs down with a steel chair or something to distract the ref.

::lmao::

Ludo
08-22-2010, 07:06 PM
I noticed the can thing in the Noons walkout but I didn't notice Mo. I wondered what it was but I just figured it was some kind of drink or something.

SPX
08-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Mo speaks. . .

KALIN: Before your fight you were seen using an oxygen can that is considered a banned substance. What's the story there?

KING MO: My manager and coaches approached the athletic commission before the fight and asked them about it. They said that it's cool. The can is nothing but pure oxygen. It's oxygen in a can. It's like 95 percent oxygen. It's like sucking in a little oxygen through a can. That's it.

Much ado about nothing, I think. This explains why they were so blatant about.

Source: http://thegarv.com/King-Mo-Speaks-on-Lo ... n-Can.html (http://thegarv.com/King-Mo-Speaks-on-Loss-and-Oxygen-Can.html)

MMA_scientist
08-23-2010, 03:56 PM
I need to try that. I will let you guys know.

Luke
08-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Mo speaks. . .

KALIN: Before your fight you were seen using an oxygen can that is considered a banned substance. What's the story there?

KING MO: My manager and coaches approached the athletic commission before the fight and asked them about it. They said that it's cool. The can is nothing but pure oxygen. It's oxygen in a can. It's like 95 percent oxygen. It's like sucking in a little oxygen through a can. That's it.

Much ado about nothing, I think. This explains why they were so blatant about.

Source: http://thegarv.com/King-Mo-Speaks-on-Lo ... n-Can.html (http://thegarv.com/King-Mo-Speaks-on-Loss-and-Oxygen-Can.html)

The problem is under the athletic commission rules its illegal

SPX
08-23-2010, 04:11 PM

Did you miss this part?

"My manager and coaches approached the athletic commission before the fight and asked them about it. They said that it's cool."

Luke
08-23-2010, 04:15 PM

Did you miss this part?

"My manager and coaches approached the athletic commission before the fight and asked them about it. They said that it's cool."

Go read the rule book .I dont care what one guy "supposedly" said its against the rules

zY|
08-23-2010, 04:21 PM
It's not against the rules.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/08/23/l ... s-vary-by/ (http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/08/23/lawal-noons-cleared-in-canned-oxygen-controversy-rules-vary-by/)

Luke
08-23-2010, 04:31 PM
It's not against the rules.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/08/23/l ... s-vary-by/ (http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/08/23/lawal-noons-cleared-in-canned-oxygen-controversy-rules-vary-by/)

Well according to that article no but I'm sure many people/doctors/scientists would disagree that oxygen canisters do improve performance.

Performance enhancers =illegal

The question is why were they taking the oxygen? Answer to improve their performance .Therefore they should be illegal . You can argue back and forth on the science behind canisters but they shouldnt be allowed imo or according to the rule book

SPX
08-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Well according to that article no but I'm sure many people/doctors/scientists would disagree that oxygen canisters do improve performance.

Performance enhancers =illegal

The question is why were they taking the oxygen? Answer to improve their performance .Therefore they should be illegal . You can argue back and forth on the science behind canisters but they shouldnt be allowed imo or according to the rule book

Well hold up now. . .

If you're going to argue against any substance that leads to a boost in athletic performance or abilities, then you'd have to ban a lot of the shit you can go buy at GNC.

Luke
08-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Well hold up now. . .

If you're going to argue against any substance that leads to a boost in athletic performance or abilities, then you'd have to ban a lot of the shit you can go buy at GNC.

Well I agree with that .I know the NFL and MLB have banned alot of things you can buy at GNC. I'm all for that

SPX
08-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Well I agree with that .I know the NFL and MLB have banned alot of things you can buy at GNC. I'm all for that

So if a fighter supplements with protein powders or creatine to get bigger, stronger, faster then he's cheating?

How about red meat? Most athletes who eat red meat will have an advantage in building muscle and strength that a vegetarian would not.

Luke
08-23-2010, 04:56 PM

So if a fighter supplements with protein powders or creatine to get bigger, stronger, faster then he's cheating?

How about red meat? Most athletes who eat red meat will have an advantage in building muscle and strength that a vegetarian would not.

I'm not sure what the NFL,MLB allows and doesnt allow but they have gotten strick. Just because you can buy it a GNC doesnt mean its ok to take anymore according to them.

SPX
08-23-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm not sure what the NFL,MLB allows and doesnt allow but they have gotten strick. Just because you can buy it a GNC doesnt mean its ok to take anymore according to them.

Right. But you said you PERSONALLY did not agree with it. I'm just wondering what you feel should and should not be allowed, and why.

zY|
08-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Should it be illegal for a guy to train harder or to use more sophisticated training techniques? Eat better food? What's the difference? This is one of the reasons I don't give a shit about steroids. The main difference between steroids and all that other shit is that steroids work.

Luke
08-23-2010, 08:18 PM
Should it be illegal for a guy to train harder or to use more sophisticated training techniques? Eat better food? What's the difference? This is one of the reasons I don't give a shit about steroids. The main difference between steroids and all that other shit is that steroids work.

^^^ Where does it stop then? Should we let people do a line of coke before they walk into the cage to give them a bolt of energy ? Maybe everyone should take methamphetamines before the fights so there's more action

zY|
08-23-2010, 08:20 PM

^^^ Where does it stop then? Should we let people do a line of coke before they walk into the cage to give them a bolt of energy ? Maybe everyone should take methamphetamines before the fights so there's more action

I don't think those are performance enhancers.

Where do you personally draw the line?

Luke
08-23-2010, 08:25 PM

I dont think anything that needs a prescription should be allowed .If you can get it in GNC (supplements)I'm fine with those.

I dont care if fighters use oxygen cans I was just saying according to the rules they shouldnt have been allowed

I guess I'm just old school from watching boxing all these years and dont want to see fighters taking alot of things

zY|
08-23-2010, 08:29 PM

I dont think anything that needs a prescription should be allowed .If you can get it in GNC (supplements)I'm fine with those.

I dont care if fighters use oxygen cans I was just saying according to the rules they shouldnt have been allowed

I guess I'm just old school from watching boxing all these years and dont want to see fighters taking alot of things

Fair enough, but considering the rules vary from state to state, it wasn't illegal in Texas.

I seriously doubt they do jackshit anyways, I imagine it was mostly used for sponsorship monies.

SPX
08-23-2010, 08:31 PM
The main difference between steroids and all that other shit is that steroids work.

I don't think I'd simplify it quite to that extent.

Obviously protein is necessary to build muscle, so protein powders "work." Creatine also has been scientifically proven to work. With steroids, the gains are obviously more dramatic, though.

In my view, the biggest difference (aside from certain alleged but unproven long-term health consequences) between steroids and everything else is that when you come off of them you lose a lot of your gains. That is, they're necessary to maintain what you were able to build, whereas if you stop using creatine but still take in the necessary calories and what not, you'll still be a big motherfucker.

SPX
08-23-2010, 08:32 PM
I seriously doubt they do jackshit anyways, I imagine it was mostly used for sponsorship monies.

I didn't even think of that, but that makes sense. I guess that company got more than it ever dreamed it would from this.

zY|
08-23-2010, 08:38 PM
The main difference between steroids and all that other shit is that steroids work.

Obviously protein is necessary to build muscle, so protein powders "work." Creatine also has been scientifically proven to work. With steroids, the gains are obviously more dramatic, though.

In my view, the biggest difference (aside from certain alleged but unproven long-term health consequences) between steroids and everything else is that when you come off of them you lose a lot of your gains. That is, they're necessary to maintain what you were able to build, whereas if you stop using creatine but still take in the necessary calories and what not, you'll still be a big motherfucker.

Yeah but you know what I meant. Obviously they work or people wouldn't take them. Steroids just work MUCH better. And I don't really consider protein a supplement. You could eat some more chicken and get the same thing.

Luke
08-23-2010, 08:40 PM

I used a product called Cell Tech years ago. It tasted like koolaid but the acid in it tore my stomach up after using it for months . I cant remember exactly what was in it ,it was some sort of creatine mixture .Its the only thing I've ever taken and it worked

SPX
08-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Yeah but you know what I meant. Obviously they work or people wouldn't take them. Steroids just work MUCH better. And I don't really consider protein a supplement. You could eat some more chicken and get the same thing.

Yeah, I know what you meant.

As for protein being a supplement, I just take the word literally--it's a supplement to your diet. Creatine is actually found in red meat, but in relatively low quantities. So using protein powders or creatine or whatever is just taking more of what's already found in food . . . you're just changing the delivery system.

SPX
08-23-2010, 08:41 PM
I used a product called Cell Tech years ago. It tasted like koolaid but the acid in it tore my stomach up after using it for months . I cant remember exactly what was in it ,it was some sort of creatine mixture .Its the only thing I've ever taken and it worked

Cell Tech's big. I've never used it, but I've seen it in GNC and in ads in all the bodybuilding mags.

zY|
08-23-2010, 08:43 PM

Yeah, I know what you meant.

As for protein being a supplement, I just take the word literally--it's a supplement to your diet. Creatine is actually found in red meat, but in relatively low quantities. So using protein powders or creatine or whatever is just taking more of what's already found in food . . . you're just changing the delivery system.

Fair.

Luke
08-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Cell Tech's big. I've never used it, but I've seen it in GNC and in ads in all the bodybuilding mags.

Seriously its still around? This was years ago I was taking it . I figured it was just the new fad and something new would have came along by now

SPX
08-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Seriously its still around? This was years ago I was taking it . I figured it was just the new fad and something new would have came along by now

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3872785

Luke
08-23-2010, 08:58 PM

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3872785

Well damn.....

I figured it was gone years ago

Svino
08-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Obviously they work or people wouldn't take them.

Well, homeopathy is a multi-billion-dollar a year industry.

(Not saying the nutritional supplements in question don't work, but people will go for all kinds of snake-oil crap.)

zY|
08-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Are you suggesting homeopathy isn't legit?

Svino
08-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Are you suggesting homeopathy isn't legit?

No, of course not. I mean, I can't imagine this woman could be wrong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RwB5Nr6 ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RwB5Nr6JWM&feature=related)