PDA

View Full Version : Bellator 27

edman5555
08-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Joe Warren -120 vs Joe Soto -110.

Anyone else think Joe Warren takes this?

poopoo333
08-29-2010, 11:42 AM
He will probably win. But 5 rounds is along time for Warren to avoid getting caught with something. All of his fights he gets in some sort of trouble.

zY|
08-29-2010, 12:47 PM
No bet

MMA_scientist
08-30-2010, 09:21 AM
I am going to look at Soto... I actually haven't seen too much of him.

doublearmbar
08-31-2010, 07:26 PM
1.5u on Soto at even odds. He has the wrestling to frustrate Warren, his cardio is on par with Warren and he is a more complete fighter on the feet and on the ground.

MMA_scientist
08-31-2010, 08:30 PM
I think Warren wins it in the usual fashion. Not going to bet it though. We have seen Warren against dynamic fighters- he has already beaten guys that are better than Soto. Soto's best win is against Reis. We have never seen Soto against a better wrestler. I do think Reis would beat Warren though.

edman5555
08-31-2010, 09:11 PM
I hope I am getting an unbiased analysis from you. I respect your opinion on this, your the resident grappling expert. Your not just saying this because you hate Joe Warren are you? Wilson Reis Couldnt take Soto down, if I remember that fight correctly. He kept trying for the entire fight and failed, kinda gassing during it. Why couldn't Warren beat him. I'd bet he could take him down. Unless Reis could submit him off his back I doubt Warren would have much of a problem with him.

I'm leaning towards a bet on Warren here. He has been fighting good comp from the beginning. His first fight was against a guy that was 12-4 and a WEC vet. He won.

Then he fights a 17-2 guy..Then he loses to Bibiano Fernandez and takes a fight with an 18-2 guy. Next guy is 13-2.

Then he fights the pitbull. That guy almost killed him in the first round. I would say Pitbull did the most damage in that fight but I can see why the judges gave it to Joe.

Do you think Joe's wrestling will hold up against Warren?

Joe doesn't seem like he has big Ko power. I looked up the guys he KO'd. Ben Greer had a winning record and had been ko'd twice before. The other two guys were straight up cans. He beat Diego Savaria by cut stoppage. Joe took a beating from Pitbull and kept on fighting, he seems pretty tough.

Joe soto seems like he is a mid level juco wrestler with some other skills. He can strike a little and submit..am I correct about this?

Joe was all american in freestyle and a world champ in greco and a tough, durable guy.

It seems to me like he should be the favorite.

Someone please tell me their thoughts.

I just lost on ufc 118. I don't want to just bet ufc and strikeforce because there is so much money to be made on these other smaller promotions.

SPX
08-31-2010, 09:16 PM
Then he fights a 17-2 guy.. .

Kid Yamamoto. His name . . . is Kid Yamamoto.

Not 17-2 guy. Not Mr. 17-2. Not a 17-2 guy.

Kid Yamamoto.

edman5555
08-31-2010, 09:17 PM
Whatever. That Kid with the 17-2 record. Yamahoto-moto-whatever.

SPX
08-31-2010, 09:22 PM
Whatever. That Kid with the 17-2 record. Yamahoto-moto-whatever.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/553/kidlatest0rl.jpg

MMA_scientist
08-31-2010, 09:35 PM
Edman,

I think Wilson would beat Warren by repeated sweeps or submission, as his defense is not very good. He got caught by a bunch of guys that are not great grapplers, Reis is a very good grappler. Reis could not take Soto down, so he lost. But Reis is a better striker than Warren IMO... so Joe would have to take him down, where I do not think he would be able to control him. Pitbull would have beaten Warren if he didn't blow his wad trying to finish, IMO. Actually, I think Pitbull won round 1 10-8... so I scored it a draw. Warren may be able to beat Reis, but I doubt he would be able to control him on the mat... I think it would look like Shad Lierley, only more competitive. Reis would get taken down, and then Warren would regret it. Reis is the best bjj guy he would have faced, except Bibiano... these guys are very hard to just hold down.

I think Soto is going be getting taken down by Warren. The only issue is if Warren can contain him on the mat. I looked at a lot of Soto's fights... but he hasn't fought alot of grapplers. So it is really hard to say what he will do from bottom. Even though Soto was a decent wrestler, there is a universe of difference between him and Warren. I will be pretty schocked if he can stuff Warren. He might be able to get up though and create enough to do some damage on his feet.

Soto has shown some nice submission skills, even hitting the vaunted gogoplata once. But Warren thus far has been able to avoid subs. My guess is that Soto is going to be trying to scramble back to his feet, not play guard. I think Warren will just keep taking him down.

That said, I don't know that I am going to bet it. I might change my mind, but as of now, I think it is a very close fight, but I do think Warren will be able to get the takedowns.

Kid Yamamoto was like the Jose Aldo of that weightclass for years... he is/was a badass. I win over Kid is huge... and unfathomnable for a guy with 2 fights.

MMA_scientist
08-31-2010, 09:40 PM
I think Soto was a pretty good Juco guy... but Warren is literally the very best wrestler in all of MMA. He and Mo are the only world champions that I can think of. He is miles ahead of Soto in pure wrestling. He should have a significant takedown edge. OF course, Pitbull did take him down and stuff him several times... so who knows.

doublearmbar
08-31-2010, 09:43 PM
Warren would win a wrestling match no doubt.

edman5555
08-31-2010, 10:24 PM
where does world champion compare to olympic champion? Can you really say consistenly?

doublearmbar
08-31-2010, 10:34 PM
Who just doesn't like Joe Warren's shitty attitude?

MMA_scientist
08-31-2010, 10:39 PM
where does world champion compare to olympic champion? Can you really say consistenly?

I really think it is about the same, skill wise. But you have to put olympic champion above FILA world champion, just because of the stakes... Also half of the battle is making the olympic team. Cael Sanderson lost an olympic trials match in the U.S. and barely won a best of 3... he came about 1 point from not even making the team. Then he won Gold. Warren would have been the favorite to win Gold in 2008 had he not shit on America.

SPX
08-31-2010, 10:41 PM
Warren would have been the favorite to win Gold in 2008 had he not shit on America.

What's this all about?

MMA_scientist
08-31-2010, 10:41 PM
Who just doesn't like Joe Warren's shitty attitude?

I can live with his attitude... but when you merge his shitty attitude with his no-attempt-to-finish fighting style, I find it pretty unbearable. He is also a pretty massive douche IRL, btw.

MMA_scientist
08-31-2010, 10:43 PM
Warren would have been the favorite to win Gold in 2008 had he not shit on America.

What's this all about?

he got banned from the 2008 olympics for weed.

SPX
08-31-2010, 10:44 PM

Oh.

I was hoping he was being a legitimately unpatriotic douche.

MMA_scientist
08-31-2010, 10:49 PM

Oh.

I was hoping he was being a legitimately unpatriotic douche.

Nah, he is really patriotric. Like overboard.

SPX
08-31-2010, 10:56 PM
Nah, he is really patriotric. Like overboard.

War America

poopoo333
08-31-2010, 10:57 PM
1.15u on Warren @-115

MMA_scientist
08-31-2010, 10:59 PM
I might have talked myself into it. I am going to see what the line does though. I suspect Warren is going to become more of a favorite. Is it 5 rounds? Because Warren can't finish to save his life

MMA_scientist
08-31-2010, 11:00 PM
War America
Indeed.

doublearmbar
08-31-2010, 11:04 PM
I might have talked myself into it. I am going to see what the line does though. I suspect Warren is going to become more of a favorite. Is it 5 rounds? Because Warren can't finish to save his life
Its a 5 round fight. I like Soto to finish late with a RNC.

MMA_scientist
08-31-2010, 11:22 PM
A longer fight certainly gives Soto more chances to finish, because Warren probably won't be finishing.

BUt I think Soto's best strategy will be to try to get up from the takedowns... you see guys fade in late rounds with that. Usually by round 3 they give up and are content to play guard.

I don't know. Hard fight to call for me.

doublearmbar
08-31-2010, 11:24 PM
Don't you see Soto sweeping Warren late in the 4th and 5th round and taking his back?

zY|
08-31-2010, 11:26 PM
I think Warren has straight up LOST his last 2 fights. No bullshit.

That said, the judges just love to slobber on his cock for some reason. Now that I think about it he may be worth a bet at close to even money. The 5 round fight is my only hesitation. Is he going to fade? Will it matter? The guy is sloppy enough when he's fresh and has almost been subbed by literally everyone he's ever fought.

doublearmbar
08-31-2010, 11:29 PM
I really feel that Soto is going to be something in his career, whereas I think Warren has pretty much topped out to what he's ever going to achieve.

zY|
08-31-2010, 11:33 PM
I really feel that Soto is going to be something in his career, whereas I think Warren has pretty much topped out to what he's ever going to achieve.

Possible. We definitely haven't seen anything from Warren in the way of improvement. He still begs people to armbar him like Bibiano did.

MMA_scientist
08-31-2010, 11:35 PM
I think Soto is a better fighter for sure. But Warren might have the style to beat him.

I don't see Soto sweeping him. Soto has shown some nifty guard work, but I seriously doubt he can compromise Warren's base. I think it is more likely he subs him.

Luke
09-01-2010, 12:34 AM
Fight lines added

http://www.bestfightodds.com/events/314.png

poopoo333
09-01-2010, 12:46 AM
War Ulysses!

poopoo333
09-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Just looking at the records, level of competition, etc, I think Ed West should win

MMA_scientist
09-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Ulysses knocked out Fernando Vargas in a bar brawl, fyi: http://www.nhbgear.com/forum/index.php? ... 167.0;wap2 (http://www.nhbgear.com/forum/index.php?topic=73167.0;wap2)

MMA_scientist
09-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Just looking at the records, level of competition, etc, I think Ed West should win

Goldsby already screwed me once by somehow beating Jeff Curran. No way I am betting against him now.

MMA_scientist
09-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Luke, Useless/Vargas never happened. Just a troll attempt... you can go back to worshipping your secret midnight lover- boxing.

http://www.gladiatorchallenge.com/news.asp?ID=171

It is funny though, there are about 20 different sites that report it as legit... its even on yahoo http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world- ... 62210.html (http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/gomez-gives-usa-fighting-spirit--fbintl_ro-gomezbrothers062210.html)

Havis Jr
09-01-2010, 01:52 PM
nm.

Luke
09-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Luke, Useless/Vargas never happened. Just a troll attempt... you can go back to worshipping your secret midnight lover- boxing.

http://www.gladiatorchallenge.com/news.asp?ID=171

It is funny though, there are about 20 different sites that report it as legit... its even on yahoo http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world- ... 62210.html (http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/gomez-gives-usa-fighting-spirit--fbintl_ro-gomezbrothers062210.html)

Did it or didnt it happen? 20 sites reporting it did happen is a lot . I read up on everything about boxing and you'd think I'd hear something like that but who knows

MMA_scientist
09-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Every site reports that it did happen, with multiple accounts. But Useless says in that interview link that it never happened.

Luke
09-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Every site reports that it did happen, with multiple accounts. But Useless says in that interview link that it never happened.

Maybe he doesnt want to make a big deal of it /doesnt want to get in trouble or whatever.

If that many people/sites are reporting it I'd guess it really happened

SPX
09-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Maybe he doesnt want to make a big deal of it /doesnt want to get in trouble or whatever.

Could be, but a lot of times one site will report news and everyone else will run with it.

Remember . . . Kimo's dead.

zY|
09-01-2010, 02:13 PM

Could be, but a lot of times one site will report news and everyone else will run with it.

Dude, he IS dead.

Luke
09-01-2010, 02:14 PM

Most legit sites werent reporting that .

SPX
09-01-2010, 02:16 PM

Legit like who?

I remember EVERYONE was reporting that.

zY|
09-01-2010, 02:18 PM

Legit like who?

I remember EVERYONE was reporting that.

Junkie, Sherdog, Weekly.

Ya know, the sites who actually do research before posting nonsense.

SPX
09-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Junkie, Sherdog, Weekly.

Ya know, the sites who actually do research before posting nonsense.

Seems I remember at least one of them saying something about it, but who knows.

I just remember that shit was everywhere.

Kimo was fucking DEAD. Everyone knew it.

Then he wasn't.

Luke
09-01-2010, 02:37 PM
ESPN reported immediately he wasnt dead

Mr. IWS
09-01-2010, 02:41 PM

Who Ulysses?

Luke
09-01-2010, 02:42 PM

Who Ulysses?

No Jardine after his last fight

SPX
09-01-2010, 02:44 PM

I don't pay attention to ESPN.

zY|
09-01-2010, 02:46 PM

Immediately like 5 hours later.

Luke
09-01-2010, 02:50 PM

Immediately like 5 hours later.

Well considering everyone else was still saying he was still dead I consider that pretty fast .

SPX
09-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Well considering everyone else was still saying he was still dead I consider that pretty fast .

Interesting and relevant:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20 ... itter-hoax (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100831/sp_yblog_upshot/washington-post-suspends-columnist-for-twitter-hoax)

Luke
09-01-2010, 03:43 PM

Interesting and relevant:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20 ... itter-hoax (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100831/sp_yblog_upshot/washington-post-suspends-columnist-for-twitter-hoax)

Hardly anyone checks sources anymore .The douchebags just want to be on fo the first ones to break a story whether its a legit story or not

ESPN just did it a month ago reporting Favre retired

SPX
09-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Hardly anyone checks sources anymore .The douchebags just want to be on fo the first ones to break a story whether its a legit story or not

ESPN just did it a month ago reporting Favre retired

Journalism has some issues, just like it always has. A lot of times there's a gap between the way things are and the way things should be . . . between the reality and the ideal.

Still, I think the journalist in this case was working off something of a falacy. When a publication like the Washington Post, New York Times, etc. breaks a story, they are themselves considered a legitimate source and are assumed to have done the necessary fact-checking. So it's not a surprise that others followed and I'm not sure they were wrong to do so.

Havis Jr
09-01-2010, 03:58 PM
1.5u on Gomez.

MMA_scientist
09-01-2010, 04:05 PM
1.5u on Gomez.

Anything you want to share?

I am worried about the size difference and therefore the takedown.

Havis Jr
09-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Gomez is a strong up and comer, he has fought at lower weights but says he strugles to make weight at 125. http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Sherdo ... omez-26134 (http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Sherdog-Prospect-Watch-Ulysses-Gomez-26134)

I still like his chances of getting the fight to the ground. Gomez has been training with very good wrestlers at kobra kai, and has high school wrestling background. http://www.mmaspot.net/index.php/redbla ... ses_gomez/ (http://www.mmaspot.net/index.php/redblack/comments/39100819_on_the_spot_ulysses_gomez/)

Reddinger tall (5'10) for 135 so maybe he could out point on the feet, but being tall will make him an easier target for the TD.

poopoo333
09-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Gomez posts in the bodybuilding.com mma section forum and he was cutting from a pretty high weight. He is usually like 160 IIRC.

Mr. IWS
09-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Gomez posts in the bodybuilding.com mma section forum and he was cutting from a pretty high weight. He is usually like 160 IIRC.

You post over there? I read the misc all the time. Shit is teh lulz

poopoo333
09-01-2010, 04:35 PM

You post over there? I read the misc all the time. Shit is teh lulz

Yeah, I am usually in the powerlifting/strongman/mma section. Actually that's basically the only place I post. I have a training log in that section as well. And the misc can be funny sometimes, but some of them are fucking retarded.

MMA_scientist
09-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Reddinger has fought some CANS. of his last 5 wins, 2 guys are 0-3 and one guy is 0-15, on guy is 0-5, and one guy is 1-1. That's right... 15 losses, no wins. Dude, quit. Then he beat a guy that is 3-32.

True fact: Reddinger has fought 16 times. 13 guys have losing records. He is 1-2 against +.500 comp.

Here is the problem though... Gomez is just as bad. He just went to a 5 round decision with a 2-3 guy. He has only fought 2 guys with .500 records and went 1-1.

I can't base anything off of this... But at least Gomez has won some grappling competitions, so we at least know he can grapple a little bit.

I favor Gomez on credentials, but Reddinger is going to be about 5 inches taller... so should have the striking edge

No bet.

1.25u on Warren @ -125

SPX
09-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Reddinger has fought some CANS. of his last 5 wins, 2 guys are 0-3 and one guy is 0-15, on guy is 0-5, and one guy is 1-1. That's right... 15 losses, no wins. Dude, quit. Then he beat a guy that is 3-32.

You know, I've always wondered why guys like this keep going. I would be discouraged as a motherfucker by the time I was 0-3.

Do they just need the money? Do they just like to fight? Or do they feel that eventually their day will come and things are going to click for them?

MMA_scientist
09-01-2010, 04:52 PM
You know, I've always wondered why guys like this keep going. I would be discouraged as a motherfucker by the time I was 0-3.

Do they just need the money? Do they just like to fight? Or do they feel that eventually their day will come and things are going to click for them?

I know a guy that used to train, but now he just shows up to fight for like $200. He doesn't train at all, and he loses every time. He does it for the $200. He even gets drunk first sometimes. Some of these small orgs will literally let anyone in the ring.

Mr. IWS
09-01-2010, 04:53 PM

Holy shit, that is a fuckin Bum Hunter right there.

MMA_scientist
09-01-2010, 04:56 PM

I realized a few years back that it is pointless to question teh motives of most people... they don't think about it, they just do shit. When I first got out of school I did a lot of criminal defense work... I had tons of horrible cases, even a couple murders. I used to think that criminals would sit around and think of how they were going to do things... but the bottom line is that most of them are just really really damn stupid. And also usually high. Ask someone why they did something, they don't know... they never know. I have to think it is teh same way with most other assinine behavior. These guys just keep doing it because... they don't know, they just do it.

MMA_scientist
09-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Holy shit, that is a fuckin Bum Hunter right there.

yeah, you have to seek out fights like that... Reddinger is 14-2, what the fuck is he doing fighting 0-3 guys?

SPX
09-01-2010, 05:00 PM
I realized a few years back that it is pointless to question teh motives of most people... they don't think about it, they just do shit. When I first got out of school I did a lot of criminal defense work... I had tons of horrible cases, even a couple murders. I used to think that criminals would sit around and think of how they were going to do things... but the bottom line is that most of them are just really really damn stupid. And also usually high. Ask someone why they did something, they don't know... they never know. I have to think it is teh same way with most other assinine behavior. These guys just keep doing it because... they don't know, they just do it.

Interesting. Did you ever have any moral issues with defending dudes that you KNEW were guilty?

I imagine that something like cage fighting probably attracts a lot of crazy motherfuckers anyway. Granted, it attracts all types, but you know there's a segment that's particularly crazy and/or dumb.

MMA_scientist
09-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Interesting. Did you ever have any moral issues with defending dudes that you KNEW were guilty?

I imagine that something like cage fighting probably attracts a lot of crazy motherfuckers anyway. Granted, it attracts all types, but you know there's a segment that's particularly crazy and/or dumb.

Nah, they are all more or less guilty of more or less what they are charged with... You don't get a lot of straight up innocent defendants. I had a couple that I think got hosed... but usually they are all guilty. The issue is over-charging. The prosecutor wants to be "tough on crime" (you get a lot of db's that want to be prosecutors). So A lot if guys charged with dealing when it was really just possession... the drug laws are fuckin draconian (this from a guy that has never so much as taken too many aspirin). You give your buddy one of your vicodin for his headache, you are charged the same way as a guy selling on the street corner. So it was a lot of "technicalities"... The murderers I had, they both got caught red handed, so it was just trying to get them out of the death penalty. I had several disgusting child molesting cases, thank god I was able to plead all of them out.

But for the most part, my job was about making sure the State didn't overstep its authority and turn us into Cuba. If that means a few guys get to run free for dealing meth, I can live with that.

Crazies... yeah, about once a month a craxy guy wanders into my gym, and we are not even an MMA gym, we are straight up bjj (though we have a lot of fighters).

zY|
09-01-2010, 06:25 PM
1.25u on Warren @ -125

I'm with you on that now. I'm taking the homosexual midget wrestler dickhead to win another undeserved decision at -130.

doublearmbar
09-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I guess I'm riding alone with Soto.....

edman5555
09-01-2010, 09:24 PM

Nah, they are all more or less guilty of more or less what they are charged with... You don't get a lot of straight up innocent defendants. I had a couple that I think got hosed... but usually they are all guilty. The issue is over-charging. The prosecutor wants to be "tough on crime" (you get a lot of db's that want to be prosecutors). So A lot if guys charged with dealing when it was really just possession... the drug laws are fuckin draconian (this from a guy that has never so much as taken too many aspirin). You give your buddy one of your vicodin for his headache, you are charged the same way as a guy selling on the street corner. So it was a lot of "technicalities"... The murderers I had, they both got caught red handed, so it was just trying to get them out of the death penalty. I had several disgusting child molesting cases, thank god I was able to plead all of them out.

But for the most part, my job was about making sure the State didn't overstep its authority and turn us into Cuba. If that means a few guys get to run free for dealing meth, I can live with that.

Crazies... yeah, about once a month a craxy guy wanders into my gym, and we are not even an MMA gym, we are straight up bjj (though we have a lot of fighters).

lawyer?

Luke
09-01-2010, 09:29 PM
lawyer?

Yes he's a lawyer

SPX
09-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Yes he's a lawyer

a "greasy fucking" lawyer, according to zY.

MMA_scientist
09-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Yes he's a lawyer

a "greasy fucking" lawyer, according to zY.

is there another kind?

danger. Grave danger?...

MMA_scientist
09-01-2010, 11:06 PM

That is usually a good sign around here. Anytime we all agree on a fight, we lose... we like to refer to that as being Marquarted. If SPX jumps in, it is pretty much a guaranteed win for Soto.

SPX
09-01-2010, 11:07 PM

That is usually a good sign around here. Anytime we all agree on a fight, we lose... we like to refer to that as being Marquarted. If SPX jumps in, it is pretty much a guaranteed win for Soto.

Funny. And I was just thinking earlier today about following on this one.

MMA_scientist
09-01-2010, 11:10 PM

September is going to be money in the bank... I think you should jump in. We have a close fight here... and Warren is a world class athlete, even if he is a smug little troll bastard that shits on America.

poopoo333
09-01-2010, 11:31 PM
The only time we have not been Marquart'd was Pudz/Sylvia.

Luke
09-01-2010, 11:33 PM
^^^Mayweather-Molsey

poopoo333
09-01-2010, 11:34 PM
^^^Mayweather-Molsey

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. I was terrified in the 2nd round (I think it was 2nd round)

Luke
09-01-2010, 11:35 PM
^^^Mayweather-Molsey

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. I was terrified in the 2nd round (I think it was 2nd round)

Yeah I about shit myself also .

Mr. IWS
09-02-2010, 08:37 AM
The only time we have not been Marquart'd was Pudz/Sylvia.

Handy/toney as well.

we did sink when Roy Jones lost to Crocodile Dundee though.

edman5555
09-02-2010, 01:26 PM

September is going to be money in the bank... I think you should jump in. We have a close fight here... and Warren is a world class athlete, even if he is a smug little troll bastard that shits on America.

Money in the bank? Which fights?

edman5555
09-02-2010, 01:27 PM
4u-ish on Warren. To win 4u

poopoo333
09-02-2010, 01:47 PM
3u on Warren @-110, 1.15u on Warren @-115
0.75u on Gomez @-140
0.85u on Gomez, West, Warren, Makovsky @+1238

MMA_scientist
09-02-2010, 03:16 PM
^^ Makovski is a solid dog. i have been looking at that fight. Mamalis is a wrestler, wrestled 1 year Juco and was a national runner up... But Makovski wrestled at Drexel and still is the strength and conditioning coach there. He also won the world grappling championships in no gi (which is not that big a deal- Volkmann won it too if that tells you anyting). Still, I think this fight comes down to cardio and striking. Makovski being an active strength and conditioning coach, and being a BW, should have cardio for days.

Ludo
09-02-2010, 05:17 PM
1.25u to win 1u on Warren

MMA_scientist
09-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Money in the bank? Which fights?

I don't know, but there are a lot of fights... there are probably 100 fights this month. Any money SPX lost on UFC 118 can be easily regained in September. It was really more of a pep talk comment.

zY|
09-02-2010, 06:05 PM
FSN has decided to show Illinois vs Iowa State college football today instead of Bellator in my area. This is really stupid considering I live in the southeast, not the midwest. Who gives a shit about those bad teams? Dumb.

Ludo
09-02-2010, 06:19 PM
http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-bel ... ships.html (http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-bellator-fighting-championships.html)

Just watch that.

zY|
09-02-2010, 06:20 PM
I will. But it's not the same as watching MMA in HD glory.

Luke
09-02-2010, 06:26 PM
FSN has decided to show Illinois vs Iowa State college football today instead of Bellator in my area. This is really stupid considering I live in the southeast, not the midwest. Who gives a shit about those bad teams? Dumb.

LOL they think more people want to watch illinois-iowa st than MMA

SPX
09-02-2010, 06:47 PM
I don't know, but there are a lot of fights... there are probably 100 fights this month. Any money SPX lost on UFC 118 can be easily regained in September. It was really more of a pep talk comment.

They made a documentary about UFC 118, I think. Churned it out really fast.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51E64PDP40L.jpg

SPX
09-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Fuck it. Jumping on the Joe Warren bandwagon for no good reason.

1.25u to win 1.18u

Ludo
09-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Excellent, SPX, now we'll know who to blame if he loses. Get ready to play jesus.

Luke
09-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Warren is now the dog at 5dimes

-125/+105

SPX
09-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Excellent, SPX, now we'll know who to blame if he loses. Get ready to play jesus.

If he loses, I accept that it will be all my fault.

Luke
09-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Whats going on that Im missing ? Soto is now -145

doublearmbar
09-02-2010, 08:01 PM
People are realizing Joe Warren can't fight that bad and keep winning.

SPX
09-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Anyone got a non-shitty stream?

SPX
09-02-2010, 08:08 PM
^^^ Seriously, this shit's choppy as a motherfucker. No one's got anything?

zY|
09-02-2010, 08:10 PM

SPX
09-02-2010, 08:11 PM

Yes, I know.

SPX
09-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Sideloaded . . . uh, I mean doublearmbar . . . I know you got something.

Give it up.

zY|
09-02-2010, 08:12 PM
It says Bellator 27 "technical difficulties"

wtf is this shit?

zY|
09-02-2010, 08:14 PM
What a fail by Bellator. It's like listening to the radio.

SPX
09-02-2010, 08:14 PM
It says Bellator 27 "technical difficulties"

wtf is this shit?

I was using the channelsurfing stream. It crashed and there was a message that said "it was the illegal satellite that went down."

SPX
09-02-2010, 08:16 PM
I see the "technical difficulties" message now. Really? I wish someone who's watching it on TV would confirm that they're getting the same thing. If so, they should've just stopped that match from going forward until they got their shit together.

zY|
09-02-2010, 08:17 PM
It's on their end. Look at the Sherdog chat.

zY|
09-02-2010, 08:18 PM
LOL now the guy streaming it just put up

"wow fuck this people ima just show the real hd stream @ 12 am/est"

Luke
09-02-2010, 08:20 PM
stand ups are soo gay

zY|
09-02-2010, 08:20 PM
stand ups are soo gay

Are you actually watching this somewhere?

Luke
09-02-2010, 08:21 PM
stand ups are soo gay

Are you actually watching this somewhere?

On the TV

SPX
09-02-2010, 08:22 PM
On the TV

Well what the fuck? Why isn't it fucked up for you?

Luke
09-02-2010, 08:24 PM
On the TV

Well what the fuck? Why isn't it fucked up for you?

I dont know .I didnt realize it was fucked up

zY|
I'm in the sherdog chat and thread on the forums and not a single person can see it. What the fuck channel are you watching?

Ludo
Is it Me or is Jordan Breen quite possibly the worst chat based color commentator on the planet?

zY|
09-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Ok it's on now. And the stream still blows ass.

SPX
09-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Is it Me or is Jordan Breen quite possibly the worst chat based color commentator on the planet?

"chat based color commentator"

zY|
09-02-2010, 08:26 PM

How can you tell? It's not like he could see the fight either.

SPX

Yeah, that stream's fucked. Go find a better one.

Luke
I'm in the sherdog chat and thread on the forums and not a single person can see it. What the fuck channel are you watching?

Lol I wasnt watching it . I'm watching football

zY|

I hate you so much. ::handshake::

SPX
09-02-2010, 08:27 PM

Goddamn it, I knew you were trolling. . .

Luke
09-02-2010, 08:28 PM

Goddamn it, I knew you were trolling. . .

::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao::

Luke
09-02-2010, 08:29 PM
What link are you guys watching?

zY|
09-02-2010, 08:30 PM

Yeah, that stream's fucked. Go find a better one.

I got nothing here. Anythign?

Ludo
09-02-2010, 08:31 PM
What link are you guys watching?

the one where your mom shows us how she makes zuchinni wrapped in ham.

Ludo
09-02-2010, 08:34 PM
http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-bel ... ships.html (http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-bellator-fighting-championships.html)

The dude just said he switched to an HD stream or some shit. I've yet to see the event since then it's all commercials, It just came on and looks alot better than before.

Luke
09-02-2010, 08:37 PM
http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-bellator-fighting-championships.html

The dude just said he switched to an HD stream or some shit. I've yet to see the event since then it's all commercials, It just came on and looks alot better than before.

I just found one also in case the one ludo posted goes down

http://squabbles.com/2010/09/watch-bellator-27-right-here-right-now-totally-free/

doublearmbar
09-02-2010, 08:46 PM

Give it up.
? ::swifty::

Ludo
09-02-2010, 08:50 PM

Give it up.

::rolling::

Luke
09-02-2010, 08:51 PM

Give it up.

Everyone already knows

zY|
09-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Oh is that him? Or is this another 'sbjj = southbaysurf debacle'?

doublearmbar
09-02-2010, 08:59 PM
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8850/27xge1g1.gif

Luke
09-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Oh is that him? Or is this another 'sbjj = southbaysurf debacle'?

you had doubt it wasnt him?

zY|
09-02-2010, 09:03 PM
How should I know?

SPX
09-02-2010, 09:03 PM
How should I know?

Dude, if you don't know, we're not gonna tell you.

SPX
09-02-2010, 09:04 PM

http://squabbles.com/2010/09/watch-bellator-27-right-here-right-now-totally-free/

This stream rocks. Even has support for dual-monitors.

Thanks, Luke.

Luke
09-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Cant resist

Soto -130 .65 to win .5

Luke
09-02-2010, 09:07 PM

This stream rocks. Even has support for dual-monitors.

Thanks, Luke.

Just trying to help a little for fucking with you guys earlier ::handshake::

SPX
09-02-2010, 09:08 PM
So why are we betting on Warren tonight?

doublearmbar
09-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Cant resist

Soto -130 .65 to win .5
I like it.

Luke
09-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Cant resist

Soto -130 .65 to win .5
I like it.

thanks Sideloaded but I do lose alot of mma fights

SPX
09-02-2010, 09:10 PM

You're off-setting the curse . . . taking one for the team . . .

Luke
09-02-2010, 09:12 PM

You're off-setting the curse . . . taking one for the team . . .

lol I liked Soto all week .

zY|
09-02-2010, 09:12 PM
So why are we betting on Warren tonight?

Point blank. We are betting on bad judging.

SPX
09-02-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm glad he reminded them that this is Bellator.

Important to know these things. . .

SPX
09-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Point blank. We are betting on bad judging.

Sounds good.

zY|
09-02-2010, 09:15 PM
This is the worst stream ever.

SPX
09-02-2010, 09:16 PM
This is the worst stream ever.

If you have TVU, use this:

http://squabbles.com/2010/09/watch-bell ... ally-free/ (http://squabbles.com/2010/09/watch-bellator-27-right-here-right-now-totally-free/)

SPX
09-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Damn, Warren sucks.

I want to change my bet.

Ludo
09-02-2010, 09:18 PM
That was pretty horrible for My bet...

Havis Jr
09-02-2010, 09:19 PM
haha nice.

zY|
LOL

Remember though he almost got choked out and was dominated in the first round by Pitbull as well.

Ludo
HOLY SHIT!

SPX
09-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Goddamn, I didn't see that coming.

Luke
sigh....

zY|
LOL WTF?

I was switching streams and came back on to Warren donkey konging on Soto?

Ludo
Dude. This guy is starting to give Scott Smith a run for his money on the "comeback kid" title.

zY|
09-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Haha omfg that knee!

Ludo
09-02-2010, 09:22 PM
+1u

SPX
09-02-2010, 09:22 PM
sigh....

Sorry, Luke. At least you didn't have much on it.

zY|
09-02-2010, 09:24 PM
I guess I'll take it, I'm not sure if I'll call that a successful handicap though.

poopoo333
09-02-2010, 09:26 PM
What the fuck, I get home from work and the fight is already over?! The Gomez fight has not happened yet?

SPX
09-02-2010, 09:27 PM
I guess I'll take it, I'm not sure if I'll call that a successful handicap though.

The only Warren fight I'd ever seen was his fight with Kid and I'd never seen Soto fight. So it was a pure follow.

I'm just glad to know that God hasn't cursed me to never win again.

zY|
What the fuck, I get home from work and the fight is already over?! The Gomez fight has not happened yet?

Gomez fight wasn't televised I don't think.

SPX
Well . . . looks like he's ready for Aldo.

poopoo333
09-02-2010, 09:28 PM

I think it is the same situation as last week, it isn't going to be televised and it hasn't happened yet.

zY|
09-02-2010, 09:29 PM

The only Warren fight I'd ever seen was his fight with Kid and I'd never seen Soto fight. So it was a pure follow.

I'm just glad to know that God hasn't cursed me to never win again.

LOL. I've seen all of Warren's fights but I've never seen Soto fight either. ::thumbup::

Ludo
Yeah I don't think anyone saw that coming after the first round. I expected MAYBE Warren would find a way to catch a takedown and ride the round out, rinse and repeat. This is what happens when a guy gets too fucking cocky in there. Soto deserved what he got to be honest. You'll make it back, Luke. UFN 22 and UFC119 are right around the corner.

zY|

I think it is the same situation as last week, it isn't going to be televised and it hasn't happened yet.

I think you're right, but I wish they'd show it. They've got 30 minutes left.

Ludo
09-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Yeah I'll be honest here I never saw Warren or Soto fight, I just followed most of ya'll.

edman5555
09-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Nice.

zY|
09-02-2010, 09:32 PM
w00t more fights

SPX
09-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Yeah I'll be honest here I never saw Warren or Soto fight, I just followed most of ya'll.

LOL

Well shit, who actually did any real research for this one?

poopoo333
09-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Looks like they are showing the Gomez fight now!

And I have never seen Warren or Soto fight, LOL and I put a big play on Warren. I always miss the main Bellator fights because of work, but I read the play by plays and figured out Warren is the luckiest guy ever with a great wrestling game. That usually wins fights.

If Gomez wins, I win that parlay and win like 10u.

zY|
09-02-2010, 09:34 PM

Well let me ruin the suspense for you.

This fight is tape delayed and Gomez did in fact win a split decision. ::thumbup::

poopoo333
09-02-2010, 09:35 PM

This fight is tape delayed and Gomez did in fact win a split decision. ::thumbup::

Seriously?

zY|
09-02-2010, 09:36 PM

Seriously?

Yep.

From the Sherdog chat thing

8:07

Jordan Breen: At any rate, Ulysses Gomez won a split decision over Travis Reddinger, using his superior grappling game to threaten Travis Reddinger. Despite slowing down, and actually being in some danger from Reddinger's bottom game later in the fight, the usual flyweight Gomez held on to take two judges scorecards and advance in the tournament.
8:08

Jordan Breen: End spoiler.

SPX
09-02-2010, 09:37 PM
You're an asshole, zY.

zY|
09-02-2010, 09:38 PM
You're an asshole, zY.

How am I an asshole? Would you really want to sweat out a split decision if you had a 10u parlay on the line?

poopoo333
09-02-2010, 09:40 PM
FUCK YEAH! I see 5dimes already has Gomez as the winner so it's legit.

3u on Warren @-110, 1.15u on Warren @-115
0.75u on Gomez @-140
0.85u on Gomez, West, Warren, Makovsky @+1238

Won all my bets tonight, +14.8 units. ::hammertime::

Ludo
09-02-2010, 09:43 PM
I think we know who did the research on this one.^^^

SPX
09-02-2010, 09:43 PM
How am I an asshole? Would you really want to sweat out a split decision if you had a 10u parlay on the line?

Well the rest of us didn't know the result and Gomez was going to win anyway.

PP could've had his HELL YEAH! moment.

zY|
09-02-2010, 09:45 PM
LOL, you can't be serious.

We do nothing but follow play by plays and post massive spoilers in every other thread. Get real.

poopoo333
09-02-2010, 09:46 PM

I didn't. I just went on a limb and bet Warren because of his whole being a good wrestler thing while always getting out of trouble, bet on Gomez because I just support him because he posts on a forum I post on (and he is a known prospect and the other guy has fought 3-36 guys his whole life), and I just bet on them and west on my parlay because I kind of researched West/Goldsby's records, ways of wins/losses, etc. So I just threw them together in a parlay and added the underdog in the Makovsky fight for value!

So basically I just got lucky tonight.

SPX
09-02-2010, 09:47 PM
LOL, you can't be serious.

We do nothing but follow play by plays and post massive spoilers in every other thread. Get real.

Yeah, that's true.

Oh well. I guess you have a point. You stole all my desire to watch that fight though, you bastard.

Ludo
09-02-2010, 09:47 PM

I didn't. I just went on a limb and bet Warren because of his whole being a good wrestler thing while always getting out of trouble, bet on Gomez because I just support him because he posts on a forum I post on (and he is a known prospect and the other guy has fought 3-36 guys his whole life), and I just bet on them and west on my parlay because I kind of researched West/Goldsby's records, ways of wins/losses, etc. So I just threw them together in a parlay and added the underdog in the Makovsky fight for value!

So basically I just got lucky tonight.

Couldn't you just take the fucking compliment? ::doh::

zY|
09-02-2010, 09:48 PM
I apologize. I don't want to watch it anymore either.

poopoo333
09-02-2010, 09:48 PM
I wish I would have waited to put all my money on Warren when he was +120 though. I guess it doesn't matter, I was at work anyways.

MMA_scientist
09-02-2010, 10:12 PM
I need to start betting more on the Bellator cards... I never lose on them. If it wasn't for Jeff Curran I would be undefeated on Bellator cards.

I definitely did not see that coming from Warren. But I sort of expected him to lose the first round. I thought he would start getting his takedowns more as the fight wore on... I will take it but I really sort of wish the fight would have went on so I could see if I capped it right.

I knew I should have bet on Makovski, I pretty much had that fight pegged but just never pulled the trigger.

Poopoo... you badass. You just cleared like half of my haul for the YEAR.

Thewiseman
09-02-2010, 10:27 PM
+1u

poopoo333
09-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Poopoo... you badass. You just cleared like half of my haul for the YEAR.

Lol I had to restart my bankroll because I bet like an idiot during the NBA playoffs and didn't end up catching my losses. But since I restarted July 23rd I have almost doubled my bank roll so I am almost caught up to what I lost!

MMA_scientist
09-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Poopoo... that is nice work. Volatility is your enemy though.

you shit looks like this: http://static.businessinsider.com/~~/f?id=4a913bdbcc639d2720be77b9

it should look like this:

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_03/images/tacinv112203d.gif

poopoo333
09-02-2010, 11:16 PM
I know, if I can do good for about 3-4 more months, that is what my shit is going to eventually look like... I hope.

SPX
09-02-2010, 11:19 PM
I know, if I can do good for about 3-4 more months, that is what my shit is going to eventually look like... I hope.

You need a defined bankroll and need to bet in proportion to that bankroll. Winning 14 nights in one night is awesome, but not if the losses are equally as dramatic.

It's a marathon . . . not a sprint.

doublearmbar
09-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Poopoo... that is nice work. Volatility is your enemy though.

you shit looks like this: http://static.businessinsider.com/~~/f?id=4a913bdbcc639d2720be77b9

it should look like this:

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_03/images/tacinv112203d.gif

I like gambling mma because it has maybe one million variables, whereas the stock market has a trillion variables many of which are hidden.

MMA_scientist
09-03-2010, 09:29 AM
I like gambling mma because it has maybe one million variables, whereas the stock market has a trillion variables many of which are hidden.

I am in the stock market too, but I agree that we actually have more information on mma fighters than we have on an equity...

If you have't read Mark Cuban's blog entry about a sports betting hedge fundit, you should. Incidentally, he basically said the information was more available and that he knew people that would whup the S&P 500. It has become reality now: http://www.cnbc.com/id/36218041/Sports_ ... es_Reality (http://www.cnbc.com/id/36218041/Sports_Betting_Hedge_Fund_Becomes_Reality)

doublearmbar
09-03-2010, 09:38 AM

I am in the stock market too, but I agree that we actually have more information on mma fighters than we have on an equity...

If you have't read Mark Cuban's blog entry about a sports betting hedge fundit, you should. Incidentally, he basically said the information was more available and that he knew people that would whup the S&P 500. It has become reality now: http://www.cnbc.com/id/36218041/Sports_ ... es_Reality (http://www.cnbc.com/id/36218041/Sports_Betting_Hedge_Fund_Becomes_Reality)
Thats great man. I think boxing really put a black eye on gambling combat sports. I would rather gamble mma right now then mess around in real estate. At least where I live.

MMA_scientist
09-03-2010, 09:51 AM
So far, I have made a way better return, and with way less volitility. Betting on MMA, I have only had one dip of more than 10%... whereas in the stock market, I have barely broken even over 5 years. I still believe in the stock market over the long run, but I think the returns are going to look more like 7-8% p/a than 10-12% that you used to bank on. Its just not enough. That's actually why I started betting on mma, as an investing alternative.

Mr. IWS
09-03-2010, 10:25 AM
I like Warren. That mutherfucker has fought nothing but top guys since he started his career. Not 1 can on his record.

I slap my fingers like Ali-G and say respekt!

SPX
09-03-2010, 10:55 AM
^^^ I say give him Aldo to knock some humility into his ass.

Mr. IWS
09-03-2010, 11:01 AM
^^^ I say give him Aldo to knock some humility into his ass.

Warren via fire pit.

MMA_scientist
09-03-2010, 11:02 AM
^ at least he actually tried to finish the damn fight this time. I got no problem with bravado if you back it up. I could not stomach him walking around saying he was the baddest man on the planet after dry humping for 15 minutes and doing no damage.

SPX
09-03-2010, 11:08 AM
He was getting lit the fuck up in a bad way in the first. Didn't even come close to getting his hands on Soto for the takedown.

I didn't see how he was going to win it.

Mr. IWS
09-03-2010, 11:13 AM
That pez despenser knee was an OH Shit! moment.

MMA_scientist
09-03-2010, 09:19 PM
I finally got around to watching the Soto/Warren fight in its entirety... I didn't realize how badly Warren was getting his ass kicked. Why was Soto showboating? Warren looked like he was in slow motion. I will give it to Warren, he has some heart. He was straight getting humiliated.

Luke
09-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Why was Soto showboating? .

Stupidity ::handshake::