PDA

View Full Version : 9-23-10

Mr. IWS
09-23-2010, 09:30 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section!!!

Big Al, Lang, Sprietzer, PPP, Burns, Root, Dr.Bob, Ness, (go here)

ALL OTHER'S WILL BE POSTED IN THE REGULARS!!

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT BOTH CLICK ON THIS IT WILL TAKE YOU
viewforum.php?f=36 (http://www.investwithsports.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=36)
RIGHT TO IT!

harley1
09-23-2010, 01:00 PM
LARRY NESS

Larry Ness Guaranteed Lock of all Locks
My Thursday Night Game of the Month is on Mia-Fla at 7:45 ET.
I look for Miami to rebound with a much better effort after its mistake-filled 36-24 loss to Ohio State two weeks ago. The Hurricanes committed eight penalties and QB Jacory Harris threw four interceptions in that contest. After the game, Randy Shannon read his team the riot act. "I've never been a guy that just goes off," said Shannon. "But they needed it at that time because I was frustrated. ... Ohio State is a good football team, a great football team, but we made so many mistakes we didn't give ourselves a chance." While both Miami and Pittsburgh took last Saturday off to help prepare for this game, I expect the extra time off to have more benefit for the Hurricanes. After a 27-24 overtime loss in Utah to open the season, Pittsburgh followed that up with a 38-16 'scrimmage' over New Hampshire. The bye week has not been good for Dave Wannestedt's club, as off-campus altercations and a DUI have forced Wannestedt to suspend three players. Even worse, the Panthers' co-Big East Defensive Player of the Year in 2009, Greg Romeus, is out indefinitely after having surgery to repair a disc in his lower back. Without Romeus, Pittsburgh has only five starters from last season's defense and significant questions remain about their linebacking corps. Bigger questions exist with an offensive line that lost three interior lineman to graduation last season. This group has been largely ineffective so far this season. Freshman sensation RB Dion Lewis who rushed for 1,799 yards last season has only 102 yards on 35 carries in two games this season (that's 2.9 YPG). If Pitt cannot get Lewis going, the Panthers will have to rely on the arm of redshirt sophomore QB Tino Sunseri. Against Utah, the Pittsburgh offense managed only 266 total yards. While Sunseri has long term potential, the jury is still out on whether he is ready to carry the offense against a talented defensive unit like what he will face against the Hurricanes. Miami returns eight starters from a unit that was 3rd in the nation against the run and 4th in the nation in tackles for a loss in 2009. Defensive end Allen Bailey is a candidate to be an All American this season. He will test the suspect offensive line of the Panthers. On offense, Miami is loaded with playmakers. Senior RB Damien Berry averaged 6.6 YPC last season and has been getting the bulk of the carries this year. He is maintaining that level of production with his 6.3 YPC average for 139 yards. Speedy redshirt freshman Lamar Miller is also in the mix with his 5.2 YPC average this year (and a kickoff return for a touchdown against Ohio State). The top five wideouts return from last season to give Harris plenty of weapons. Harris must reduce his turnover rate and I expect for that to happen on the heels of that poor performance in Columbus. When Harris is good, he is very good, as he was 3rd in the nation last season in passing YPG. After years of strong recruiting classes. Shannon has loads of talent on this Miami roster. Harris will not have to force things in this game as he felt he had to against the Buckeyes. Miami's playmakers will be too much for a Pittsburgh team that has some big problems on and off the field right now. These schools haven't met since Miami left the Big East in 2004 but Miami won 14 of the last 15 meetings vs the two schools. Pitt's September 2 loss at Utah when Pitt was ranked No. 15 and Utah unranked, represents one of just FOUR losses in 56 meetings between ranked and unranked teams so far in 2010. So what else is new? Pittsburgh is only 1-10 against ranked non-conference foes going back to 1996. Why should I expect that trend to reverse itself on Thursday

Mr. IWS
09-23-2010, 01:38 PM
BRANDON LANG
VALUE PLAY

10 DIME Pittsburgh Panthers +3

Mr. IWS
09-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Wayne Root 4* millionaire play on Pitt

Mr. IWS
09-23-2010, 07:27 PM
Ben Burns

Thursday 10* GAME of the MONTH