PDA

View Full Version : Second IWS MMA Capping Contest

Ludo
09-29-2010, 05:56 PM
It seems many of us want another contest. Anyone who's interested say so. We can finish ironing out the fine print(the buy in, and the betting limit as discussed after the last one) after we get the roster on board.

Mr. IWS
09-29-2010, 05:57 PM
holla

SPX
09-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Let's do it.

poopoo333
09-29-2010, 06:57 PM
In for the win.

MMA_scientist
09-30-2010, 09:06 AM
<- down with it

brooks85
09-30-2010, 10:37 AM
im in

High5
09-30-2010, 11:58 AM
I'll play again, it was fun.
We'll see if I can do better than last place this time....

Ludo
10-01-2010, 01:10 PM
No Luke or zY this time?

SPX
10-01-2010, 01:37 PM
While we wait for those fools to chime in, we should probably start working on the details.

What's the buy-in? $10 again? I'm cool with that if everyone else is.

The cut off for placing bets is when the first fighter steps into the cage. Is that where we're at on that?

How about the max bet? Do we want to leave this open to guys winning by getting lucky with a big bet on a big dog? Any other questions/concerns/suggestions?

Etc. . .

Let's discuss.

MMA_scientist
10-01-2010, 01:47 PM
It is more fun with the wild west style shootout... but not really a good indicator of capping ability, IMO.

I would be ok with the same rules as last time. I think the only issue is the 20% max bet.

How about no max bet? I think guys would get wiped out quicker that way, but someone would inevitably hit and then everyone would have to chase them...

How about a 10% this would be a slower game and things would probably stay pretty tight... We wouldn't have guys going from last to first every event... but then, that was part of the fun.

So, I guess it depends on what kind of contest we want it to be.

SPX
10-01-2010, 01:59 PM
I would be okay with 10%. If nothing else, we could try it this time and figure out which way we like it better. If we decide we prefer the fun of greater volatility then we can go back to it the next time around.

Ludo
10-01-2010, 02:29 PM
I wouldn't mind if w try 10% and see which one we like better either.

Cut off would be when a fighter enters the cage but someone is going to have to be in charge of coming in here and posting that time. It isn't going to be Me because I'll forget.

I was thinking before that a raised buy in would make it better but Zak I think it was gave a great point to keep it where it is. If we have alot of these things and someone doesn't win a few that could end up being alot of lost money and it may cause people to lose interest in playing in the future. $10 seems to be a good buy in because it can add up for the winner and it's small enough individually that we won't lose players as quickly because of it.

SPX
10-01-2010, 02:32 PM
I was thinking before that a raised buy in would make it better but Zak I think it was gave a great point to keep it where it is. If we have alot of these things and someone doesn't win a few that could end up being alot of lost money and it may cause people to lose interest in playing in the future. $10 seems to be a good buy in because it can add up for the winner and it's small enough individually that we won't lose players as quickly because of it.

I agree with this. Let's keep things on the "fun" side, while still winning some money. It's not the World Series of Poker or anything.

Mr. IWS
10-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Im for whatever is clever boys, dont matter to me.

brooks85
10-01-2010, 09:07 PM
what about the lines being used, how will that get determined?

Luke
10-01-2010, 09:32 PM
what about the lines being used, how will that get determined?

I used the lines from pinnacle whenever possible last contest . They always have the lowest favorite odds and the highest dog.

For example if something is -220/+180 at 5dimes and bookmaker pinnacle will have -210/+188 . It gives the guy betting the dog and the guy betting the fav a better line