PDA

View Full Version : UFC 127

Luke
10-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Ryan Bader vs. Jon Jones targeted for UFC 127 in February

http://bit.ly/doAnhw

Belfort confirms likely UFC 127 title fight with champ Silva on Super Bowl weekend

http://bit.ly/brGQDo

SPX
10-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Excellent news.

Bones via super saiyan destruction.

I wonder what the line will be. . .

Luke
10-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Excellent news.

Bones via super saiyan destruction.

I wonder what the line will be. . .

-350 or higher imo

edman5555
10-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Bader will get beat. He won't be taking down Jones and his stand up isn't all that great. I bet Jones has 10" of reach on him.

SPX
10-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Bader will get beat. He won't be taking down Jones and his stand up isn't all that great. I bet Jones has 10" of reach on him.

I can't think of a single thing that Bader is better than Jones at. I really hope this line opens at a decent price.

zY|
10-02-2010, 05:30 PM
I would say Bader is bigger, stronger, and tougher than anyone Jones has faced. Possibly the best wrestler too. He's got the skills and athleticism to win handily though. They're both prone to getting tired so it could get kinda ugly if Jones doesn't get him out of there quick.

Mr. IWS
10-02-2010, 06:02 PM
I think Jones will push his shit in, but at the same time, I wouldnt be suprised if Bader won a Lay n Pray special here. Seems to be the norm nowadays.

SPX
10-02-2010, 06:30 PM
You know, I take it back: I can think of one thing that Bader seems to have that Jones doesn't -- punching power. We haven't seem Jones straight floor somebody with a punch yet.

zY|
10-02-2010, 06:43 PM
WE haven't seen much of his standup at all except for spinning back elbows.

SPX
10-02-2010, 07:07 PM

I think it seems that way because his wrestling is so impressive, but if you go back and watch he really throws a lot of strikes.

zY|
10-02-2010, 07:21 PM

I think it seems that way because his wrestling is so impressive, but if you go back and watch he really throws a lot of strikes.

Yeah but from what I recall he doesn't have any boxing to speak of. He has an ungodly reach yet he doesn't even try to utilize a jab, and most of his strikes seems to be to set up the one big flashy shot. Fundamentals, please.

SPX
10-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Yeah but from what I recall he doesn't have any boxing to speak of. He has an ungodly reach yet he doesn't even try to utilize a jab, and most of his strikes seems to be to set up the one big flashy shot. Fundamentals, please.

At this point, I just say hey, whatever works for him. . .

Svino
10-03-2010, 12:33 AM

Yeah, I've also noticed that he really likes to circle into his opponent's power hand. Still, I'm not sure if anyone will be able to keep their feet against him, other than a few wrestling elite like Phil Davis or King Mo, and those guys don't have great striking either.

Luke
10-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Rich Franklin vs. Forrest Griffin Slated for Super Bowl Weekend -

http://5thRound.com/Op

poopoo333
10-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Make sense... That should be an awesome fight.

poopoo333
10-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Florian/Dunham

MMA_scientist
10-08-2010, 09:38 AM
^ That's a quality scrap.

I have no idea who will win that. Florian probably has a strking edge, Dunham probably has the jiu jitsu edge. The wrestling is probably about even.

great fight.

SPX
10-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Man, that's going to be a great fight. I think Dunham will outwrestle Florian all day. In fact, if Dunham comes in as a dog I'll be on him. I think Florian's probably going to have trouble here and stands a good chance of picking up another loss.

MMA_scientist
10-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Man, that's going to be a great fight. I think Dunham will outwrestle Florian all day. In fact, if Dunham comes in as a dog I'll be on him. I think Florian's probably going to have trouble here and stands a good chance of picking up another loss.

I was thinking Florian might have a small edge in the wrestling, he has really shown improvment in that area (against everyone but Gray)... Dunham has shown decent takedown defense, but so has Kenny. They both have shown takedown skills. I think that is a really close fight. Good chance it stays standing IMO.

SPX
10-08-2010, 11:04 AM
I was thinking Florian might have a small edge in the wrestling, he has really shown improvment in that area (against everyone but Gray)... Dunham has shown decent takedown defense, but so has Kenny. They both have shown takedown skills. I think that is a really close fight. Good chance it stays standing IMO.

I think I'm just still impressed by how Dunham outwrestled Griffin. No one's really been able to do that to Griffin, not even Sherk. And for that matter, after the first round and a half, Dunham was easily stuffing Sherk's shots.

I think that this fight probably stays on the feet . . . if that's what Dunham wants.

Because I really don't see Florian taking Dunham down, at least not in any meaningful way.

edman5555
10-10-2010, 10:13 PM

I think I'm just still impressed by how Dunham outwrestled Griffin. No one's really been able to do that to Griffin, not even Sherk. And for that matter, after the first round and a half, Dunham was easily stuffing Sherk's shots.

I think that this fight probably stays on the feet . . . if that's what Dunham wants.

Because I really don't see Florian taking Dunham down, at least not in any meaningful way.

Well Sherk couldn't take Dunham down after Sherk gasses..in a rematch I think Sherk could take him...he had a long long layoff.

I would take Kenny. Dunham was a high school wrestler I think, and Kenny is not easy to take down. Gray got him down, he is probably the best wrestler at LW. I see that being a standup battle with Kenny winning. Even is good at subbing but it has to get to the ground and Kenny is a BB.