PDA

View Full Version : 10-9-10

Mr. IWS
10-08-2010, 08:36 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section!!!

Big Al, Lang, Sprietzer, PPP, Burns, Root, Dr.Bob, Ness, (go here)

ALL OTHER'S WILL BE POSTED IN THE REGULARS!!

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT BOTH CLICK ON THIS IT WILL TAKE YOU
viewforum.php?f=36 (http://www.investwithsports.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=36)
RIGHT TO IT!

Mr. IWS
10-08-2010, 08:43 AM
DR BOB

Best Bets
Rotation #318 Ohio State (-21 1/2) 4-Stars at -24 or less, 3-Stars at more than -24.
Rotation #332 Northern Illinois (-3) 2-Stars at -4 or less.
Rotation #342 Vanderbilt (-25) 2-Star Best Bet at -25 or less.
Rotation #356 Kent State (-17) 2-Stars at -17 or less.
Rotation #363 Arizona State (+2 1/2) 2-Stars at +1 or more.
Rotation #371 Baylor (+2 1/2) 4-Stars at -1 or better.
Rotation #379 San Jose State (+39 1/2) 2-Stars at +37 or more, 3-Stars at +40.
Rotation #381 San Diego State (-4 1/2) 3-Stars at -6 1/2 or less, 2-Stars at -7.
Rotation #386 Arizona (-7 1/2) 2-Stars at -9 or less.

Strong Opinions
Rotation #309 Oklahoma State (-24) Strong Opinion at -24 or less.
Rotation #319-320 Mich St - Michigan Over (64) Strong Opinion Over 65 or less.
Rotation #338 Ball State (-4) Strong Opinion at -6 or less.
Rotation #357 Alabama (-6 1/2) Strong Opinion at -7 or less.
Rotation #359 LSU (+6 1/2) Strong Opinion at +5 or more, 2-Star Best Bet at +7.
Rotation #369-370 Army-Tulane UNDER (43) Strong Opinion Under 41 or higher.
Rotation #374 Arkansas (-5) Strong Opinion at -6 1/2 or less.

Mr. IWS
10-08-2010, 03:08 PM
BEN BURNS

UNDER miami/florida state (48 or better)

Game: Florida St vs. Miami FL Game Time: 10/9/2010 8:00:00 PM Prediction: under Reason: I'm playing on Florida State and Miami to finish UNDER the total. These teams have been involved in some memorable 'shootouts' recently, incl. last year's 38-34 Miami victory. As a result, many will be expecting another high-scoring contest. I actually had a big play on the 'over,' in that game, so the fact that it was high-scoring didn't surprise me. This year, we're getting a higher O/U line to work with but I expect a much lower-scoring affair. After starting the season off with a 45-0 shutout victory (they allowed only 110 total yards!) vs. 1-AA Florida AM, the Hurricanes managed to go 2-1 on their difficult 3-game road trip. After getting lit up for 36 points at Ohio State, the Miami defense came bounced back and limited Pittsburgh and Clemson to 24 combined points. Those teams averaged only 271.5 total yards per game. True, the Hurricanes did score 30 and 31 points in those games. However, the defense they'll see today is arguably better. I played against the Seminoles when they got blown out at Oklahoma. So, I wasn't surprised the Sooners put up pretty big numbers against them. That was at Norman though. Since then, just like Miami has done following its loss, the Seminoles have buckled down on defense. Indeed, they've held their last three opponents (BYU, WF, Virg) to a combined 24 points. Not surprisingly, all three of those games finished below the total. Both teams have very capable passing attacks. That said, both have also been running the ball regularly, which tends to keep the clock moving. The Hurricanes ran the ball 35 times at Pittsburgh and 43 times at Clemson last week. The Seminoles have ran the ball at least 39 times in each of their last three games, incl. 44 times vs. BYU and 42 times last week at Virginia. Both teams have also been stingy against the run. The 'Noles have limited foes to a mere 74.8 rushing yards per games at a clip of only two yards per carry. The Miami rush defense has allowed 3.2 yards per carry, 131 per game. Overall, the Seminoles are allowing 15.4 points per game and 293 total yards. The Hurricanes are allowing 15 points per game and 266.7 total yards. While their opening game didn't have a line, the Hurricanes have seen the UNDER go 6-4 their last 10 home lined games. Looking back further and we find the UNDER at a profitable 13-6-1 the last 20 times that they played a home game with an O/U line in the 45.5 to 49 range. During that stretch, the Seminoles saw the UNDER go 11-7 when playing a road game with an O/U line in the 45.5 to 49 range. I expect those numbers to improve here. *9
SOUTH CAROLINA (+7 or better)

Game: Alabama vs. South Carolina Game Time: 10/9/2010 3:30:00 PM Prediction: South Carolina Reason: I'm playing on SOUTH CAROLINA. I didn't play last week's Alabama/Florida game. I did play against the Crimson Tide in their most recent road game though, at Arkansas, two weeks ago. The Tide won that game but it wasn't easy and they didn't cover. Now, off last week's big home win vs. Florida, they'll be playing their third road game in the past four weeks and third straight top 25 team. Eventually, that tends to take a toll. Once again, the Tide will be matched up against a talented, well-coached and hungry opponent. Once again, as they have in each of their past two regular season SEC road games, I expect them to have their hands full. I say that the Tide had their hands full in each of their last two regular season road games, as prior to Arkansas, their previous SEC reg. season road game was against Auburn last season. (Laying -10 points, the Tide won by five, 26-21. Auburn outgained Alabama 332-291 in that game and dominated on the ground 151-73. The game was close the entire way with Alabama winning in the final 90 seconds.) We know Alabama is an excellent team. As noted, South Carolina is no slouch either though. The Gamecocks can run the ball. They're also efficient at throwing the ball. While the defense hasn't been quite as stout as Spurrier probably would have liked thus far, the talent is there and the Gamecocks are also very capable on that side of the ball. Also, note that the Gamecocks already have 12 sacks through four games. The Tide won last year's meeting, at Alabama. The Gamecocks covered though, losing by 14. Spurrier is now 2-1 vs. Saban. Additionally, the home team has won eight of the last 10 meetings in the series. This year's Alabama team is extremely strong but did lose a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball from last year. South Carolina, which returned 16 starters (2nd most in the SEC) is arguably stronger. The Gamecocks, who are coming off a bye, are 12-3 SU and 9-5-1 ATS their last 15 home lined games. That includes a 1-0-1 ATS (1-1 SU) mark as home underdogs in the +3.5 to +7 range. I believe that homefield and the advantage of having the bye will both prove to be extremely important. While I'll grabe the points, I won't be at all surprised if Spurrier's Gamecocks step up and shock the champs with an outright victory. *10
USC (+8 or better)

Game: USC vs. Stanford Game Time: 10/9/2010 8:00:00 PM Prediction: USC Reason: I'm playing on USC. Both these teams suffered their first loss last week. One could argue that the Trojans' loss was more "disappointing," as it came vs. a team (Washington) that the Trojans thought they should have beaten and as the loss came by only a point. I feel that Stanford's loss may be even more difficult to bounce back from. True, the Cardinal were underdogs at Oregon, so they weren't really expected to win. However, all that changed when they got up 21-3. At that point, Stanford knew it had a great shot at scoring the upset and that it would have become a legit player among the nation's top teams. That didn't happen though, as the Ducks bounced back and crushed the Cardinal by a 52-31 score. That type of disappointing defeat could easily have at least some of the Stanford players thinking about "what could have been." As I mentioned last week, I do have a lot of respect for Stanford. That didn't stop me from playing on Oregon though and it won't stop me from backing USC here. The Trojans may have lost last week and they may not be what they were a few years ago, but they're still a powerful program with plenty of talent across the board. They're hungry to prove that they're still an elite team and should also be motivated to avenge last year's blowout loss. While I've noted that this is a different team, its still worth noting that the Trojans are 30-12 SU the last 42 times that they were coming off a conference loss, including a perfect 5-0 SU their last five in that situation. (During the same stretch, Stanford is 3-4 SU/ATS when coming off a Conference loss. Here, the Trojans are getting more than a touchdown to work with. Note that the line has climbed from its opener. In a game that could easily come down to the wire, I feel that provides us with excellent value on the visitors. *9
UL LAFAYETTE (+23 or better)

Game: Oklahoma St. vs. La.-Lafayette Game Time: 10/8/2010 9:00:00 PM Prediction: La.-Lafayette Reason: I'm playing on Louisiana-Lafayette. The Cowboys come in off a "thrilling victory," with a perfect record and having earned themselves a top 25 ranking. That should all work in our favor here. For starters, the record and ranking have helped to provide us with a generously high pointspread. Additionally, they could easily have the Cowboys "patting themselves on the back" a little and starting to read the headlines about how good they are. At the very least, this figures to be a difficult spot for the Cowboys to focus on the task at hand. This is a relatively young team, one which returned only eight starters. They just played a "thriller," against a quality opponent on National TV. With another showdown vs. Texas Tech on deck (followed by their homecoming game vs. Nebraska) it may be easy to overlook an opponent like Louisiana, from the "lowly" Sun Belt Conference. Note that Oklahoma State is already 0-1 ATS against the Sun Belt this season, beating Troy by only three points. More importantly, note that this is the young Cowboys' first road game of the season. The Ragin' Cajuns are 8-3 ATS their last 11 games against teams from the Big 12 and they were 6-2 SU/ATS in October the past two years. They've got a veteran QB (Chris Masson) and are coming off a momentum-building 28-27 win over North Texas. Speaking of Masson, he threw for a career-high 310 yards last week, adding two TD's. Naturally, the Rajin' Cajuns should be "fired up" for a rare chance to play on National TV (ESPN 2.) True, its going to be hard for Louisiana to stop Oklahoma State from scoring. They should be able to score some points themselves though, particularly when considering that the Oklahoma State defense permitted 535 total yards last week. The Cajuns are 9-4 SU (7-5 ATS in lined games) at home since the start of the 2008 season. A closer look at those four home losses shows that they all came by 22 points or less. I look for them to keep this one close for longer than expected, doing enough to cover the big number. *9
please check back for possible added plays

please check back
GEORGIA (-14 or better)

Game: Tennessee Volunteers vs. Georgia Game Time: 10/9/2010 12:20:00 PM Prediction: Georgia Reason: I'm playing on GEORGIA. I really like how this one sets up for the home team. The Volunteers are a relatively young team, one with a new coaching staff. Last week, they went on the road and played their first road game of the season. It wasn't exactly an "easy" venue either, as they were playing at Baton Rouge vs. an undefeated LSU squad. Give the young Vols credit, as they played a terrific game. Listed as double-digit underdogs, they very nearly scored the outright upset. In fact, if not for an absolutely bizarre final play, the Vols would have done so. With Tennessee leading by four, the Tigers, who were right down near the goal line, had one play left to punch it in. They snapped the ball for the final play but the QB wasn't ready and it resulted in a fumble. As time expired, Tennessee players and coach ran on the field, thinking that they had won the game. It wasn't meant to be though, as the officials ruled that the Vols had too many men on the field on the previous play. Given another chance, the Tigers made the most of it and scored the winning touchdown. Talk about a devastating loss. To come that close to scoring a huge, season-changing upset. Only to have it snatched away from you at the last second. That's difficult for any team. Its even worse for a young team which is now playing back to back road games for the first time - while doing so against a talented but under-achieving Georgia team which figures to have absolutely no sympathy. The Bulldogs were expecting to have a strong season but have gotten off to a terrible 1-4 start. Like the Vols, Georgia is also off a very difficult loss - although it arguably wasn't quite as devastating as Tennessee's defeat. The Bulldogs are an experienced team though (they're 15 starters was the 3rd most in the SEC) and they've got a veteran and proven head coach in Mark Richt. They're also playing at home, where they've gone 72-29 SU in lined games, dating back to the early '90s. Three of this season's four losses came on the road - and the lone home loss was against a good Arkansas squad. It should be noted that Georgia got receiver A.J. Green back from a four-game suspension last week. Green, a big-time talent, had seven catches for 119 yards and two touchdowns. Needless to say, he's a welcome addition. They're poor record notwithstanding, I believe that the Bulldogs are the more talented team. I also feel that they'll be able to do a better job in "dealing with" last week's loss. Even with last week's loss, the Bulldogs are still a profitable 13-3 ATS the last 16 times that they were off back to back losses. I expect them to improve on those stats with a double-digit victory on Saturday afternoon. *10

Mr. IWS
10-08-2010, 03:37 PM
BRANDON LANG-SATURDAY
MAJOR WAGER MONEY MOVE

50 DIME Utah State +1

Mr. IWS
10-09-2010, 06:36 AM
Larry Ness: 10* SEC Game of Year - Florida

stephen6432
10-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Larry Ness

10* Florida and Southern Miss
9* Missouri, NC State, Penn State
8* Wake Forest

Mr. IWS
10-09-2010, 10:39 AM
I gotta run for a couple hours. If anyone can help out and post any service plays you come across, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

fsiler
10-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Does anyone have Root? Thanks.

timbob
10-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Wayne Root

PERFECT PLAY - Michigan Wolverines

Mr. IWS
10-09-2010, 12:36 PM
PPP

5% NC State