PDA

View Full Version : Bellator 34

Luke
10-13-2010, 04:04 PM
http://www.bestfightodds.com/events/320.png

SPX
10-13-2010, 04:06 PM
I will be on Frausto for .25u for the sole fact that I doubt Megumi can strike with her and I'm not sure if she'll be able to get her down.

With that said, War Megumi.

Luke
10-13-2010, 04:07 PM
I said it before the last fights and I still think Zoila stands no chance

SPX
10-13-2010, 04:09 PM
I said it before the last fights and I still think Zoila stands no chance

Is that just based upon Fujii's performance against Ward and Esparza?

Luke
10-13-2010, 04:12 PM
^^^ lol no I havent even seen those fights yet. I just think its a horrible match up for Zoila. I can see Fujii out striking Zoila and if it goes to the mat she's a sitting duck. Just my opinion

SPX
10-13-2010, 04:13 PM
^^^ lol no I havent even seen those fights yet. I just think its a horrible match up for Zoila. I can see Fujii out striking Zoila and if it goes to the mat she's a sitting duck. Just my opinion

If you haven't seen Fujii fight, how do you have such a high opinion of her striking?

Luke
10-13-2010, 04:15 PM
I didnt say I have never seen Fujii fight I said I hadnt seen those two fights

zY|
10-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Odds are too high.

SPX
10-13-2010, 04:19 PM

I know you said you didn't really know anything about Fujii before the Esparza fight when you were asking me why I took Fujii at -500.

MMA_scientist
10-13-2010, 04:22 PM
I don't bet on the women, but I might have to break my rule for that line. I think there is a decent chance Frausto can keep it standing, where it is at least competitive.

Luke
10-13-2010, 04:23 PM

I know you said you didn't really know anything about Fujii before the Esparza fight when you were asking be why I took Fujii at -500.

^^^ Youtube is my friend .

SPX
10-13-2010, 04:27 PM
^^^ Youtube is my friend .

I posted a link to the Fujii/Ward fight in the vids section. You might as well give it a look if you're trying to educate yourself on the matter.

Havis Jr
10-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Yea I kinda like Zoila's chances here too, I am 0-2 when betting against Megumi. So I'll probably end up doing .5u or something small. I know its probably not a smart bet, but if megumi loses the one time I don't bet against her I will be pissed.

SPX
10-13-2010, 05:45 PM
I won 1u on Megumi in the Esparza fight and then gave half of it back when she fought Ward.

I'll probably do another .5u on Zoila. Worst case scenario is I break even.

edman5555
10-13-2010, 08:57 PM
thats not breaking even. that is just losing .5u. Don't bet against Fuji, she is mcnasty.

poopoo333
10-26-2010, 12:33 AM
Thinking about parlaying Lombard and Fujii.

MMA_scientist
10-26-2010, 09:10 AM
Schlemenko has screwed me enough. I thought he would lose every fight in the tournament... no way did I think he would get by Baker. I am not betting against him.

zY|
10-26-2010, 11:20 AM
^^Baker was battling leukemia at the time. But yeah, I still wouldn't lay -500 on Hector, even though he's going to smash Schlemenko.

Svino
10-28-2010, 08:18 PM
If Schlemenko pulls off the win again, it must be some kind of record. 3 straight upsets at +400-like odds?

Svino
10-28-2010, 09:07 PM
And I really wish someone would tell the announcers it's "Foo-jee", not "Foo-jee-ee".

SPX
10-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Fuck! I didn't realize this shit was tonight. . .

poopoo333
10-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Just got home from work...So it sounds like Fujii has been fighting like Gurgel would....way to do that when I bet on you!! grr

SPX
10-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Just got home from work...So it sounds like Fujii has been fighting like Gurgel would....way to do that when I bet on you!! grr

I've just seen about half a round, but I think she can't get the takedown. Zoila is officially the Gleison Tibau of the women's 125lb division.

zY|
10-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Would be lame if Zoila wins, considering she lost to Lisa Ward.

Svino
10-28-2010, 09:22 PM

Zolia made it a fight, but if she wins this, it's another robbery.

SPX
10-28-2010, 09:22 PM
So for ya'll who have seen the whole thing, how do you have it scored?

Svino
10-28-2010, 09:23 PM
I have it 4-1 Megumi. I could see giving Frausto the 1st, which would make it 3-2 Megumi.

zY|
10-28-2010, 09:23 PM

Zolia made it a fight, but if she wins this, it's another robbery.

Cool I hope Megu wins. Didn't watch it though.

poopoo333
10-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Son of a fucking fuck

Svino
10-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Worst decision evar.

SPX
10-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Fuck, man.

That sucks. Hate to see Megumi go out like that.

SPX
10-28-2010, 09:28 PM
What double sucks it that I had planned on dropping half a unit on Frausto, too.

poopoo333
10-28-2010, 09:29 PM
So um...I think I made the right bet even though I lost, I did not know Fujii would "fight to her opponents strengths" like she said in the post fight interview. WTF is that shit?

SPX
10-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Bodog had Frausto at +500?

Holy shit. . .

Svino
10-28-2010, 09:34 PM
I wonder how many pounds Frausto had on Megumi in that cage. She looked a lot bigger.

SPX
10-28-2010, 09:36 PM
I wonder how many pounds Frausto had on Megumi in that cage. She looked a lot bigger.

Dude, she's a HUGE fighter at 125 lbs. This is why I hate weight cutting.

Cue zY to come in here and talk about how weight cutting is an integral part of the sport, blah blah blah, etc.

Weight classes are there for a reason. To match fighters up by size. Shit like this is just unfair and defeats the purpose.

SPX
10-28-2010, 09:45 PM
Rope-A-Dope

zY|
10-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Damn, wasn't expecting fight to get out of the 1st.

Ludo
10-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Fuck rope a dope, Lombard did everything except put Schlemenko out in that one.

SPX
10-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Fuck rope a dope, Lombard did everything except put Schlemenko out in that one.

Do you know what "rope-a-dope" means?

zY|
10-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Weight is all that matters.

<----------------

BTW, aren't they fighting at 115?

SPX
10-28-2010, 09:52 PM
BTW, aren't they fighting at 115?

I guess you're right. That's insane.

The bitch looks bigger than me and I weigh 140.

zY|
10-28-2010, 09:54 PM
I didn't watch the fight, but from what I understand she didn't even try to take Zoila down until late in the fight. Anyone confirm/deny this? If true, I don't see how you can fault the weight difference.

Also, she should've lost her last fight and didn't she look terrible in that fight from cutting too much weight. It works both ways.

SPX
10-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Also, she should've lost her last fight and didn't she look terrible in that fight from cutting too much weight. It works both ways.

As far as I know, she looked terrible because she lost.

And she lost because Aguilar brought her A-game.

Ludo
10-28-2010, 09:57 PM
I know exactly what Rope a dope means. I was just saying Hector Lombard is about two more left hooks from killing this guy.

Svino
10-28-2010, 09:58 PM
I didn't watch the fight, but from what I understand she didn't even try to take Zoila down until late in the fight. Anyone confirm/deny this? If true, I don't see how you can fault the weight difference.

That's correct, no attempts until round 4. Fuji didn't even follow to the ground when she dropped Frausto with a punch in round 1. Knowledge of the weight difference might have played a role in Megumi's game plan. Or she might have just stubbornly trying to test herself against Frausto's strength.

SPX
I know exactly what Rope a dope means. I was just saying Hector Lombard is about two more left hooks from killing this guy.

Schlemenko obviously lost that round, but he never looked rocked or anything. Yes, he got hit, but he took it and went on with his business.

zY|

As far as I know, she looked terrible because she lost.

And she lost because Aguilar brought her A-game.

LOL ok. Cutting too much weight is never an issue. You're right.

SPX
10-28-2010, 10:00 PM

Look motherfucker, you're the one speculating from here to the moon and presenting it as if it's a fact.

Ludo
10-28-2010, 10:02 PM
What fight are you watching? As soon as he ate a couple punches he backed the fuck off like he just bumped into an angry bear. Every time they exchange he gets caught with something and starts backing up, then he fires off some super flashy shit that doesn't land and then he gets taken down with about half as much effort as it would take to draw stick figures. Lather, rinse, repeat.

zY|
10-28-2010, 10:02 PM

Look motherfucker, you're the one speculating from here to the moon and presenting it as if it's a fact.

We both are. The difference is you're the one whining about the status quo.

SPX
10-28-2010, 10:03 PM
What fight are you watching? As soon as he ate a couple punches he backed the fuck off like he just bumped into an angry bear. Every time they exchange he gets caught with something and starts backing up, then he fires off some super flashy shit that doesn't land and then he gets taken down with about half as much effort as it would take to draw stick figures. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Well that comment was made in round 1. About halfway through. After Lombard went off like a crazy man and then slowed down considerably. So I thought it was appropriate.

Do you have money on Lombard or something?

Ludo
10-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Actually no, I don't bet Bellator very often because I don't know a whole lot about the fighters. But I know what I saw and it's the same thing I've been seeing for the last 20 minutes.

SPX
10-28-2010, 10:05 PM
We both are. The difference is you're the one whining about the status quo.

Well that's true. We're both speculating. The truth is that neither of us know.

But as for weight cutting, my point is legitimate because usually it doesn't matter much. But when you see shit like Tibau/Uno and Frausto/Fujii you realize that the system has failed.

poopoo333
10-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Come on Lombard, get KTFO plz

zY|
10-28-2010, 10:10 PM
We're talking about the Gleison Tibau who is 7-5 in the UFC against mid-level competition. Same guy, right?

zY|
10-28-2010, 10:11 PM
And wtf is this shit anyways? When I hear Hector Lombard in Bellator, I think first round murder. Not this gassing out in the late rounds nonsense.

SPX
10-28-2010, 10:14 PM
We're talking about the Gleison Tibau who is 7-5 in the UFC against mid-level competition. Same guy, right?

You saw his fight with Uno, I presume?

zY|
10-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Troy Waugh is the worst referee ever. He's going along with Shlemenko's obvious pandering for a standup and injecting himself into the fight FAR too often, and then he completely misses Shlemenko's blatant illegal knee.

zY|
10-28-2010, 10:18 PM

You saw his fight with Uno, I presume?

I did.

SPX
10-28-2010, 10:21 PM
I did.

Well, that shit was fucked up . . . appealing to Tibau's mediocrity as a fighter is no excuse in my book.

Ludo
10-28-2010, 10:26 PM
What does the Uno fight have to do with anything? Just because Caol Uno has ALWAYS been a small lightweight, and is a 35 year old who has been fighting for fifteen years and hasn't won a fight in the last two years. All of a sudden his losing has everything to do with Gleison Tibau cutting weight and nothing to to with the fact that Caol is probably past his prime(given his 5 losses and 1 draw in his last 7 fights)?

I see where your coming from because of how the fight went, but it isn't so cut and dry.

SPX
10-28-2010, 10:31 PM
^^^ In my opinion, he easily won the Camoes fight, even WITHOUT the point deduction. WITH the point deduction it was a blowout.

Also, a lot of people feel like he won the Fisher fight. Not necessarily me, but it was very close.

In any case, I'm just saying it's bullshit that a fighter is allowed to come in that much bigger than everyone else. It defeats the purpose of weight classes. They're there for a reason . . . right?

Everyone who's beat Tibau has done so because he's really not a great fighter. He kind of compensates by being huge. Weight classes are supposed to make fights about skill, not size.

Ludo
10-28-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm just saying. This isn't against the rules. Everyone knows about weight cutting, everyone knows who typically cuts a ton of weight. If you can't hang with the guys who cut weight then drop down a weight class. By rights Thiago Alves and Rumble Johnson should be fighting at Middleweight. GSP as well. Anderson should be fighting at Light Heavyweight. Forrest and Rampage should be fighting at Heavyweight. But there's no reason for this because everyone knows these guys are big even for the weight classes and should gameplan accordingly. Didn't we just get another lesson in Skill>Size on saturday?

zY|
10-28-2010, 10:38 PM
What Ludo said.

And I don't necessarily disagree with you in theory, SPX. My view is more pragmatic. Fighters are always going to look for an advantage, and from a logistical standpoint, there's really no way that I can think of that would ensure everyone weighs the same. The way it's done now strikes the best balance between a level playing field and fighter safety.

Aside from the obvious fact of people just not weighing the same.

poopoo333
10-28-2010, 10:42 PM
I have a belly button.

SPX
10-28-2010, 10:43 PM
I think the best way to deal with this is weigh-ins 15 minutes before the fight. There would probably be a rough patch there with guys trying to beat the system, but eventually everyone would realize it's time to change shit up.

Just come in, be healthy, feel good, and fight at your natural weight.

zY|
10-28-2010, 10:47 PM
I think the best way to deal with this is weigh-ins 15 minutes before the fight. There would probably be a rough patch there with guys trying to beat the system, but eventually everyone would realize it's time to change shit up.

Just come in, be healthy, feel good, and fight at your natural weight.

That's not naive at all.

SPX
10-28-2010, 11:24 PM
That's not naive at all.

What exactly are you saying? They're going to rehydrate in 15 minutes?

zY|
10-28-2010, 11:31 PM
That's not naive at all.

What exactly are you saying? They're going to rehydrate in 15 minutes?

I'm saying they're going to die or get severely brain damaged from fighting dehydrated. I'm saying your feel-good platitudes are simply that.

SPX
10-28-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm saying they're going to die or get severely brain damaged from fighting dehydrated. I'm saying your feel-good platitudes are simply that.

Well I'm saying that after a couple of them die they'll learn their lesson and play by the rules.

Ludo
10-28-2010, 11:52 PM
Is that really the way we want shit to be? This sport isn't even legal in some states still and you propose and idea that raises the mortality rate on an already potentially lethal concept? Insanity.

SPX
10-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Is that really the way we want shit to be? This sport isn't even legal in some states still and you propose and idea that raises the mortality rate on an already potentially lethal concept? Insanity.

My point, obviously, is that if we get rid of weight cutting altogether then everyone will be happy and healthy, and the contests will be fair.

Surely you can understand that.

Svino
10-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Can't you do something like a double weigh-in? One the day before and one at the fight? Seems like there's no way someone would try to stay cut in weight for 24 hrs leading right up to the fight.

Ludo
10-29-2010, 12:01 AM
Or guys who aren't big enough can just move down a weight class. A whole lot easier than trying to regulate shit for up to 25 guys over the course of two days.

SPX
10-29-2010, 12:22 AM
Can't you do something like a double weigh-in? One the day before and one at the fight? Seems like there's no way someone would try to stay cut in weight for 24 hrs leading right up to the fight.

Sure. That works.

zY|
10-29-2010, 12:45 AM
My point, obviously, is that if we get rid of weight cutting altogether then everyone will be happy and healthy, and the contests will be fair.

Surely you can understand that.

Yes but that's simply not going to happen. Guys are always going to cut weight because nobody weighs the same. Say that a fighter has to cut 6-7 pounds to make 170. Is it somehow fairer for him to instead be forced to fight at MW against a natural 185 pound fighter?

I certainly don't want the sport to turn into boxing and have 17 different weight classes.

What like have a scale outside the cage? So what do you do if they weigh too much at this 2nd weighin? Not have the fight? It's just not practical.

Do you guys not find it odd that nobody who is actually inside the sport considers this even remotely an issue?

SPX
10-29-2010, 01:06 AM
Yes but that's simply not going to happen. Guys are always going to cut weight because nobody weighs the same. Say that a fighter has to cut 6-7 pounds to make 170. Is it somehow fairer for him to instead be forced to fight at MW against a natural 185 pound fighter?

Well think about it. Fighter's make weight now . . . why couldn't they make weight in the situation that you mention?

If a fighter naturally weighs 177 then he has a choice to make. Put on some muscle or lose a little bit of it. If he wants to fight at 170, he can restrict his diet or up his cardio or whatever he has to do to be a natural 170 pound fighter. I don't see why this is such a big deal.

What like have a scale outside the cage? So what do you do if they weigh too much at this 2nd weighin? Not have the fight? It's just not practical.

Do you guys not find it odd that nobody who is actually inside the sport considers this even remotely an issue?

I think that after a couple of fighters fail to make weight on the second weigh in and losing both the money and respect that goes along with it, then they'll get with the program. And no one said you have to weight 170 on the dot to fight at WW. You could weight 167. Or 168. Just to be on the safe side.

Besides, really no one's concerned about cutting a few pounds. If they're at 172 and need to cut two pounds to make the limit, who cares? The problem is guys cutting 20 fucking pounds.

Ludo
10-29-2010, 01:39 AM
but that right there even goes against what you proposed. What if they do fail to make weight at the second weigh in? Either you scrap a fight just minutes/hours before it's supposed to happen(which will in turn produce angry customers who won't purchase tickets/pay per views again at least for a time), or you fine fighters and they still have to fight someone who's heavier than them anyway. Just leave it as it is and let fighters do what fighters do already.

Luke
10-29-2010, 09:53 AM
Of course I forget this was on last night.I was watching football/NBA/baseball

Cant believe Fujji lost though. I'l l watch it sometime

SPX
10-29-2010, 11:20 AM
but that right there even goes against what you proposed. What if they do fail to make weight at the second weigh in? Either you scrap a fight just minutes/hours before it's supposed to happen(which will in turn produce angry customers who won't purchase tickets/pay per views again at least for a time), or you fine fighters and they still have to fight someone who's heavier than them anyway. Just leave it as it is and let fighters do what fighters do already.

No, I think they should get a 1 lb allowance because that can be the difference between eating or not eating that day.

We could discuss exactly how it should be worked out, but after fighters get fined/suspended/etc. enough times they'll get with the program. There would obviously be a transition period, but ultimately it would work out for the better.

zY|
10-29-2010, 11:22 AM
I'm done discussing this issue, as its not an issue.

SPX
10-29-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm done discussing this issue, as its not an issue.

Well considering I wasn't even responding to you, you could've just not said anything.

zY|
10-29-2010, 11:27 AM
You responded to me up top, jerkweed. Clearly that makes you the ass, ass.

SPX
10-29-2010, 11:33 AM
You responded to me up top, jerkweed. Clearly that makes you the ass, ass.

Yeah, last night. . .

poopoo333
10-29-2010, 01:28 PM
SPX and ZY sittin in a tree...

SPX
10-29-2010, 01:33 PM
SPX and ZY sittin in a tree...

It would never work. zY just doesn't treat me the way I like to be treated.

zY|
10-29-2010, 01:48 PM
I think fighters should also be separated by height categories. It's not fair to fight a guy 2" taller than you that has a reach advantage.

SPX
10-29-2010, 01:51 PM
I think fighters should also be separated by height categories. It's not fair to fight a guy 2" taller than you that has a reach advantage.

I think you should be separated for retardation.

Luke
10-29-2010, 02:02 PM

I think you should be separated for retardation.

::lmao::

::clap::

zY|
10-29-2010, 02:09 PM
I feel sorry for you if you thought that comment was funny.

SPX
10-29-2010, 02:13 PM

Well we feel sorry for you because you have to be you.

Ludo
10-29-2010, 02:18 PM
I think we should separate fighters by who gets to fight Keith Jardine, then we'll know who the garauntee'd winners are and are not.

zY|
10-29-2010, 02:19 PM

Well we feel sorry for you because you have to be you.

'I know you are but what am I'

Another grade school zinger brought to you courtesy of SPX.

What's next? I'm rubber you're glue?

Boo hoo, it's not fair! We need government assistance!

zY|
10-29-2010, 02:20 PM
I think we should separate fighters by who gets to fight Keith Jardine, then we'll know who the garauntee'd winners are and are not.

Ok see now THAT was funny.

Luke
10-29-2010, 03:55 PM

I didnt think it was funny I thought it was hilarious ::thumbup::

Svino
10-29-2010, 06:36 PM

Height classes = ::thumbdown::

Age classes = ::thumbup::

zY|
10-29-2010, 07:24 PM
They should be separated by race. Can't have those overly athletic and explosive darkies. Unfair for the pasty unathletic white nerds.

SPX
10-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Really, the height argument is not even valid, because there aren't height classes.

But consider this: If there WERE height classes, and there was some technique to make yourself three inches shorter at the "height check," and then you could expand yourself and come up over that limit on the night of the fight, would that be fair?

zY|
10-29-2010, 07:30 PM
Carwin starts his cut from 6'9"

Luke
10-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Carwin starts his cut from 6'9"

LOL that post reminds me of this :

LudoCain wrote:
Uhm...GSP was never said to be 5'10 or 170 in weight(except at the weigh ins) If I'm not mistaken he's more in the neighborhood of 6'-6'2 and around 180lbs on fight night. Thats an awesome pic though, Where did you find him at to get a picture with?

So from weigh in to fight night he grows from 5'10 to between 6' and 6'2 ?

Thats really something

GSP starts his cut from around 6'2"

::lmao::

Ahhhhh...... memories ::thumbup::

Ludo
10-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Damn you, Luke! Somehow I just knew replying to triathlete was going to bring Me bad luck that night.