PDA

View Full Version : 10-17-10

Mr. IWS
10-16-2010, 07:05 PM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section!!!

Big Al, Lang, Sprietzer, PPP, Burns, Root, Dr.Bob, Ness, (go here)

ALL OTHER'S WILL BE POSTED IN THE REGULARS!!

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT BOTH CLICK ON THIS IT WILL TAKE YOU
viewforum.php?f=36 (http://www.investwithsports.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=36)
RIGHT TO IT!

Mr. IWS
10-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Ben Burns NFL

JAGUARS (pk or better)
UNDER chargers/rams (44 or better)
UNDER giants/lions (44 or better)
UNDER 49ers/raiders (41 or better)
UNDER jets/broncos (41 or better)
HOUSTON (-6 or better)

Mr. IWS
10-17-2010, 09:22 AM
LARRY NESS
10* CFB 27-Club Play (3-0 in FB 2010?)
My 10* 27-Club Play is on the Hou Texans at 1:00 ET.

Houston faces what is as close to a "must-win" situation as there can be this early into the season. After its 34-10 loss at home to the Giants in Week 5, the Texans are 3-2 this season and facing the Chiefs on the eve of their bye week. They return off that bye week with a very difficult test, traveling to Indy to face a Colts team looking for payback for the Texans' Week 1. All four AFC South teams are 3-2 at this point and Houston can ill-afford to fall to 3-3 with its next game being at Indy. In Houston's 34-10 loss to the Giants last week, Eli Manning picked the Texans defense apart for 297 passing yards. Houston's pass defense is clearly their biggest weakness, as they are last in the NFL in pass defense (329.6 passing YPG). However, the Texans catch a HUGE break this week facing a Kansas City passing attack that is 31st (of 32 teams) in the NFL, averaging 158 YPG. QB Matt Cassell threw for 250 yards with three TDs against the now 0-5 49ers but has just one TD pass while averaging 133.3 YPG through the air in the team's other three games. In those three games, the Chiefs converted a woeful 6-of-34 third down chances (17.6%). TE Moeaki leads the team with 16 catches and no WR has reached 10 catches (RBs Charles and McCluster rank 3rd and 4th in receiving on the team). The Chiefs played the Colts tough but the team is averaging only 19.3 PPG along with 306.8 total YPG. Charlie Weis' offense is scoring only 12.5 PPG and gaining only 286.5 total YPG away from home this season. Kansas City needs to establish its running game behind Thomas Jones and Jamal Charles (ranks 10th at 148.8 YPC / 4.5 YPC) but the Texans' have displayed an ability to stop the run, as their defense is holding their opponents to 79.6 YPG (3.6 YPC), ranking 6th in the NFL (no RB has topped 70 yards in game this year). Kansas City possesses the 25th pass defense in the NFL (239.5 YPG) and I expect Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson to have big days against the KC secondary. Schaub passed for a league-high 4,770 yards last season and while he's not on a pace like that this year, the KC pass D is just what the doctor ordered. Foster, who gained only 25 yards on the ground last week against the Giants (11 carries), but he was the NFL's best RB the first four weeks, averaging 134.8 YPG in topping 100 yards three times. I went against the Chiefs last week with the Colts and won (not as easy as I anticipated), and I'll go against them again here. I mentioned last week that I believe the Chiefs are HIGHLY overrated (remember, KC was just 10-38 the previous three seasons). The Chiefs have played a weak schedule with their wins coming against San Diego (a talented team but a mess), Cleveland and San Francisco, who have combined to go 3-12. As mentioned at the top, Houston really needs this game and its blowout 34-10 loss to the Giants is not exactly a bad thing. The Texans have rebounded to cover the pointspread in EIGHT of the last nine occasions where they failed to score at least 14 points in their previous game. They have also covered the pointspread in FOUR straight games following a home game where they lost by double-digits.

Mr. IWS
10-17-2010, 09:48 AM
BEN BURNS

1st NHL play of the year

ANAHEIM

Mr. IWS
10-17-2010, 09:48 AM
BEN BURNS

9* MAIN EVENT* Philadelphia Phillies

Mr. IWS
10-17-2010, 10:15 AM
BRANDON LANG