PDA

View Full Version : Awwwwwww, shit. . . .

SPX
10-23-2010, 01:31 AM
Ol' Mike Hammersmith decided that since he's an authority he needed to do a betting guide, too!

http://www.mma-hive.com/mma-betting/594 ... art-1.html (http://www.mma-hive.com/mma-betting/5947-mma-betting-guide-part-1.html)

Luke
10-23-2010, 01:41 AM
^^^^^ not reading all that.

Dont worry X I like yours better ::thumbup::

SPX
10-23-2010, 02:14 AM
Ha ha, thanks. I still stand by mine. I actually think mine works well in conjunction with P's.

Luke
10-23-2010, 02:22 AM
You guys just need to have at it .How did crap start with you two anyway?

SPX
10-23-2010, 02:30 AM
You guys just need to have at it .How did crap start with you two anyway?

We got into an argument on Sherdog over some bets. He basically told me that I was stupid and that I "didn't understand combat principles" or some shit like that because I bet JDS over Yvel and Kampmann over Volkmann. He said the JDS line was too steep and that the fight was 50/50 and that Volkmann would most likely beat Kampmann.

I told him he was full of shit.

Mr. IWS
10-23-2010, 06:05 AM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/Hindaril/didntread.gif

Svino
10-23-2010, 09:43 AM
I think I had a bet on Volkmann, too. That was one of those, "Goddammit, why didn't the wrestler try for the takedown?" fights. Shields ought to be more persistent.

SPX
10-23-2010, 11:55 AM
I honestly did not think Volkmann had much of a chance in that fight. Here's my original breakdown that started the argument between me and Hammersmith:

LOL.

Man, Joe Silva’s really making it hard on Volkmann. First he gets to lose to Paulo Thiago and now the Hitman. Martin Kampmann (15-3), who holds wins over Drew McFedries, Thales Leites, and former WEC welterweight champ Carlos Condit, is a formidable fighter who is dangerous both standing and on the ground. A kickboxer before venturing into the world of MMA, the Hitman not only can stand and strike, but also has solid grappling and submission skills which makes him dangerous no matter where the fight goes. His opponent for this fight, Jacob “Christmas” Volkmann (9-1), had his UFC debut against the Kos Slayer, Paulo Thiago, in which he spent three rounds getting outgrappled and outclassed. Despite Volkmann’s impressive record, all of his wins have come in smaller gateway orgs for the UFC, against guys that most people have never heard of. While this in itself is not a bad thing–everyone has to work their way up–it also does not conclusively prove that he is ready for UFC level competition. After seeing his performance against Thiago, I won’t say that he doesn’t deserve to be fighting for the organization, but for God’s sake, let the man get some wins and gain some confidence against lower level competitors. Why throw him to the wolves immediately?

I expect this fight to be a relatively easy win for Kampmann. Volkmann, a submission artist who appears to have no striking skills, should have nothing for Kampmann on the feet. Not only does he simply not possess the necessary abilities, but he will be at a height , reach, and size disadvantage. (Remember that Kampmann is a former long-time middleweight who dropped down to 170 only two fights ago.) On the ground, it’s tough to call. Six of Volkmann’s nine wins have come via submission, so it’s possible he may have an advantage there. It will probably be in Kampmann’s best interest to not risk it and simply keep the fight standing where he should be able to dominate the action in spectacular fashion. However, even if it does go to the ground, I expect that Kampmann’s strength and ground skills will be enough to keep him out of any serious danger.

zY|
10-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Haha LOL that was an awesome argument. And then Kampmann and JDS both won in the first round easily.

I'm beginning to wonder about P, too. He just told me to go rewatch Cain/Rothwell because Ben was outstriking Cain.

SPX
10-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Haha LOL that was an awesome argument. And then Kampmann and JDS both won in the first round easily.

Hell yeah. We ran into each other again after that and he told me that just because I won my bets "doesn't mean I was on the right side of the line." Sore loser.

I'm beginning to wonder about P, too. He just told me to go rewatch Cain/Rothwell because Ben was outstriking Cain.

Does he mean on the feet? I dunno, I haven't seen that fight in so long, all I remember about it is Rothwell up against the fence get bombed on.

BTW, are you going to fix that avatar or what?

zY|
10-23-2010, 01:11 PM
[quote=zY|]Haha LOL that was an awesome argument. And then Kampmann and JDS both won in the first round easily.

Hell yeah. We ran into each other again after that and he told me that just because I won my bets "doesn't mean I was on the right side of the line." Sore loser.

Does he mean on the feet? I dunno, I haven't seen that fight in so long, all I remember about it is Rothwell up against the fence get bombed on.

BTW, are you going to fix that avatar or what?[/quote:3g0mu4ug]

Yeah he meant on the feet, which is what has me wondering. It's not even close.

I'll fix the avatar when I get around to it. it's w/e

Svino
10-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Yeah he meant on the feet, which is what has me wondering. It's not even close.

Yeah, maybe you should watch it again. There really wasn't that much standup, considering how often Cain took Rothwell down, but what there was of it was fairly close. Cain landed a few kicks, Rothwell landed several punches. I think I'd agree that Rothwell slightly got the better of it.

zY|
10-23-2010, 05:02 PM
I watched it in slo mo like 8 times because P felt it necessary to break it down by the second. Rothwell lands 4 strikes the whole round, only 2 of which are worth talking about. Rothwell hits quite a lot of air. There wasn't much standup but Cain landed harder and more consistently. It's closer than I thought though I guess.

Either way, it's certainly not worthy of this comment.

"you see a fighter who is consistently and considerably losing the standup fight."

poopoo333
10-23-2010, 05:20 PM
How come I see Cain on ZY's avatar?

zY|
10-23-2010, 05:22 PM
prolly cached

Luke
10-23-2010, 11:31 PM
How come I see Cain on ZY's avatar?

You're high?