PDA

View Full Version : Kongo Says At Least 50% of Fighters Are Taking Steroids

SPX
10-23-2010, 03:03 AM
From an interview:

R.: You certainly did not miss the steroid allegations surrounding Chael Sonnen that came under the spotlight these past few weeks. Dennis Hallman stated that at least 50% of MMA fighters take PEDs. Nate Diaz also said that everybody was on steroids, you should be surprised when somebody DOES NOT test positive rather than be surprised when someone DOES test positive. Is it safe to assume that a lot of MMA fighters take steroids to give themselves an edge?

C.K.: 50%, if not more ... What can I say, other than we need to stay away from all of that. It's not easy to put things into perspective, especially if you believe that you have a disadvantage from the get go. For some athletes, it's hard to hold up physically and mentally- the pressure, the obligation to stay on top - everything pushes you to take steroids. For me, PEDs aren't the solution. Taking PEDs jeopardizes your health and it's cheating. I am a fighter; I owe my victories to my hard work, my training, the fact that I push myself beyond the limit, the sacrifices I make to a life almost entirely dedicated to sports. Nothing else. Stay away from the needles. You can succeed without them.

Source: http://riddum.com/articles/exclusivites ... ids-in-mma (http://riddum.com/articles/exclusivites/3665-exclusive-cheick-kongo-talks-travis-browne-lesnar-vs-carwin-anderson-silva-and-steroids-in-mma)

Luke
10-23-2010, 12:07 PM
hmmmm.... I figured it was higher than that lol

Mr. IWS
10-23-2010, 12:36 PM
I heard the other 50% are on roids?

Luke
10-23-2010, 12:37 PM
I heard the other 50% are on roids?

::lmao::

zY|
10-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Nice Zak.

SPX
10-23-2010, 12:50 PM
hmmmm.... I figured it was higher than that lol

I wouldn't be surprised. I've long suspected that it's probably understood among the fighters that maybe even most fighters are juicing and that it's accepted in the locker rooms, but condemned in public.