PDA

View Full Version : 10-24-10

Mr. IWS
10-23-2010, 07:35 PM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section!!!

Big Al, Lang, Sprietzer, PPP, Burns, Root, Dr.Bob, Ness, (go here)

ALL OTHER'S WILL BE POSTED IN THE REGULARS!!

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT BOTH CLICK ON THIS IT WILL TAKE YOU
viewforum.php?f=36 (http://www.investwithsports.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=36)
RIGHT TO IT!

note:
ALL PLAYS POSTED ARE UNCONFIRMED UNLESS YOU BUY THEM YOURSELF. THERE HAS BEEN SOME BAD INFO BEING PASSED AROUND LATELY, SO PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Mr. IWS
10-24-2010, 03:04 AM
Ben Burns
UNDER eagles/titans (41 or better)
DOLPHINS (+3 or better)
BEARS (-3 or better)
CHARGERS (-3 or better)

Mr. IWS
10-24-2010, 03:05 AM
DR BOB

3* Seattle Seahawks (-6.0)
STRONG OPINION* Tampa Bay Bucs (-2.5)
STRONG OPINION* Buffalo Bills (+13)
STRONG OPINION* CHICAGO Bears (-2.5)
STRONG OPINION* Cincinnati Bengals (+3.5)

Mr. IWS
10-24-2010, 03:08 AM
Larry Ness

8* Panthers
8* Panthers/49ers Over
8* Falcons
8* Chargers

10* Dolphins/Steelers Over
10* Seahawks

Mr. IWS
10-24-2010, 09:46 AM
BEN Burns with write ups (has been poor in NFL last 3 weeks)

UNDER eagles/titans (41 or better)

Game: Philadelphia Eagles vs. Tennessee Titans Game Time: 10/24/2010 1:00:00 PM Prediction: under Reason: I'm playing on Philadelphia and Tennessee to finish UNDER the total. I won with the Titans 'under' the total on Monday and feel that this will be another good spot to do so again. Both teams are off back to back victories. While the Titans have only seen the UNDER go 8-7 their last 15 in that situation, the Eagles have seen the UNDER go a lucrative 9-4, the last 13 times that they were off back to back wins. In the Eagles most recent time in that situation, they combined with Washington for only 29 points. Both teams are very capable defensively. The Titans are now allowing just 16.3 points per game. At home, they're permitting a mere 246.7 yards per game. The Eagles haven't been quite as stingy. They haven't been bad though. They're giving up 20 points per game, incl. 19.7 on the road. It should also be noted that both teams are dealing with injuries to their QBs. Kolb will start again, instead of Vick. That may not be that big a deal, as he was originally supposed to be the starter anyway - and because he's coming off a well-played game. That said, he's also expected to be without receiver DeSean Jackson this week. That's significant as Jackson was averaging greater than 20 yards per reception. That should allow defenders the ability to pay more attention to Maclin and in turn slow down the Eagles' aerial attack, at least a little. As for the Titans, they're QB situation is worse. Vince Young has a banged-up ankle. Kerry Collins has a gimpy finger on his throwing hand. Regardless of which one goes, he may not be 100%. Either way, I expect the Titans to rely heavily on their ground game. I thought the same thing last week and had the following to say, before they faced the Jags: "...The Titans have long been a team that likes to run the ball. They're averaging 34 rushing attempts in their two road games. In their last game against the Jags, the Ran the ball a whopping 49 times. That game stayed below the total, a 30-13 home victory for the Titans last November...." The Titans went on to run the ball 39 times, throwing only 14 times. Including last week's result, the Titans have seen the UNDER go a profitable 14-5 the last 19 times that they played a game with a line ranging from -3 to +3. It should also be noted that the UNDER is a profitable 9-4 the last 13 times that the Titans were coming off a game on Monday Night, including 2-0 the past couple of seasons. With both defenses playing well and the Titans keeping the clock moving with a heavy dose of the run, I expect those stats to improve here. *9
DOLPHINS (+3 or better)

Game: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Miami Dolphins Game Time: 10/24/2010 1:00:00 PM Prediction: Miami Dolphins Reason: I'm playing on MIAMI. Despite playing without their starting QB, the Steelers managed to get off to a strong start. Last week, Rothlisberger returned and the Steelers won and covered vs. Cleveland. Now with Big Ben back and having successfully played a game, most expect the Steelers to keep on rolling. As a result, they find themselves laying points on the road, against a fairly talented and what figures to be an extremely motivated Miami team. I feel that provides us with very solid value on the home underdog. The Dolphins have managed to go a perfect 3-0 on the road. They're winless at home though and desperately want to earn the home fans a victory. After last week's win at Green Bay, receiver Brandon Marshall was quoted as saying: "It feels good, but we've got to go back home and win in front of our fans." While they did manage a win at Tampa Bay, as a -3 point favorite, the Steelers are still a money-burning 9-19-3 ATS the last 31 times that they were listed as road favorites of three points or less. Off a big win over a divisional opponent, having "survived" the time without their QB, and sitting on top the AFC North, it may be easy for the Steelers to "relax" a little here. That's particularly true given that they've got a date with the defending Super Bowl champion Saints on deck. On the other hand, trailing both the Jets and the Patriots in the AFC East (and having lost to both of them in head-to-head play) the Dolphins have nearly reached "must win" territory. At the very least, they should certainly be fully focused on the task at hand, snapping their winless streak here at home. The Dolphins have fared well at this time of the year. With last week's cover, they're now 8-2 ATS (6-4 SU) in Week 5 to Week 9, the past 2+ seasons. During that stretch, the Dolphins have also gone 9-5 ATS when facing a team with a winning record. In a game that could come down to the wire, I'll grab the field goal. However, I look for the Dolphins to be at their best and for them to score the outright upset. *9
BEARS (-3 or better)

Game: Washington Redskins vs. Chicago Bears Game Time: 10/24/2010 1:00:00 PM Prediction: Chicago Bears Reason: I'm playing on CHICAGO. The Redskins have been good to me this year. I've successfully played both on and against them and have yet to lose with them. I feel that this will prove to be another good spot to go against them. The Bears have lost two of three. They're still a solid 4-2 on the season though, outscoring opponents by an average 18.7 to 16.2 margin. The Redskins haven't been quite as good. They're 3-3 and have given up more points than they've scored. On the road, they're getting outscored by an average of 21 to 16.5. A closer look reveals that the Skins may be somewhat fortunate to even have a .500 record. That's because they've been outgained by an average of nearly 100 yards per game and are giving up an average of 432.5 yards per game. That's the worst mark in the entire league. The Bears admittedly have had some issues on the offensive line. Lovie Smith expects improvement in that area this week though. When asked about the offensive line, Smith was quoted as saying: "I'm excited about this week hopefully having the same combination start the game and play together." With McNabb returning to his old stomping grounds, the Redskins did manage a win at Philadelphia. However, they were outgained in that game and they got crushed at St. Louis in their only other road game. They're now an awful 2-11 their last 13 road games. While a lot of people always seem to be down on them, the Bears are still 14-6 SU their last 20 home games, including 7-1 SU (5-3 ATS) when playing a home game with an O/U line in the 38.5 to 42 range. I expect them to improve on those stats here, covering the small number along the way. 10*
CHARGERS (-3 or better)

Game: New England Patriots vs. San Diego Chargers Game Time: 10/24/2010 4:15:00 PM Prediction: San Diego Chargers Reason: I'm playing on SAN DIEGO. The Patriots are off three straight wins. The Chargers are off two straight losses. No-brainer on Brady and the Pats, right? Not in my opinion. Those results have worked in our favor in a couple of different ways. For starters, they should ensure that we get an extremely motivated effort from the Chargers, as they know they can't afford to lose another one here. Additionally, they've helped to keep this afternoon's line lower than it otherwise could have been. A closer look at San Diego's recent losses shows that they both came on the road. In fact, this is a team which is now 0-4 on the road but 2-0 at home. Those home wins weren't close either. They won those games by scores of 38-13 and 41-10. Dating back to last season, the Chargers are now 7-1 their last eight games here, the lone loss coming in the playoffs vs. the Jets. Going back still further and we find the Chargers at 14-5 their last 19 games here. Note that 13 of those 14 victories came by a field goal or greater. Of course, these teams also have some history against each other. While the Patriots have mostly held the advantage, the Chargers whipped them 30-10 the last time that the teams met here, back in October of 2008. Going back to my point about line value, note that the Chargers were laying -6 points in that game and -4.5 the previous time that they hosted the Pats. The Chargers are 4-1 SU and 3-2 ATS the last five times that they were coming off back to back losses. The last time that they were off two straight reg. season defeats they bounced back was at exactly this time last year. They responded by bouncing back with a 37-7 blowout win. I look for them to bounce back with another victory here, covering the small number along the way. *10
GREEN BAY (-3 or better)

please check back for writeup

fsiler
10-24-2010, 09:53 AM
Root:

Mil - Miami
Bil - Chicago
No Limit - San Diego

Mr. IWS
10-24-2010, 10:02 AM
BRANDON LANG
WINNER #4 IN A ROW

40 DIME Minnesota Vikings +3

Mr. IWS
10-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Larry Ness

Div (PERFECT 4-0 TY)
Seattle Seahawks

Total (5-1, 83% TY)
Dolphins/Steelers Over

Las Vegas Insider (7-1, 88% TY)
San Diego Chargers

Triple Play: 32-17-3 NFL run
Panthers
Panthers/49ers Over
Falcons

Mr. IWS
10-24-2010, 11:36 AM
ppp

4%--atl & n.e.

3%--pitt & sea

Mr. IWS
10-24-2010, 12:44 PM
WAYNE ROOT

PRIMETIME TV GAME OF THE WEEK* Green Bay Packers
MILLIONAIRES* Miami Dolphins
BILLIONAIRES* Chicago Bears
NO LIMIT* FAVORITE OF THE YEAR* San Diego Chargers
PINNACLE* Tampa Bay Buccaneers
PERFECT PLAY* Carolina Panthers

Mr. IWS
10-24-2010, 12:58 PM
BIG AL's RED-HOT NFL 3-GAME PACKAGE!
Our Selection: Bengals Opponent: Falcons Line: +3.5
Analysis: At 1 pm, our selection is on the Cincinnati Bengals + the points over Atlanta, as Cincy falls into one of my best "bounce-back" systems. Last week, the Bengals inexplicably lost outright to the Tampa Bay Bucs, 24-21, at home as 6.5-point favorites, but now Cincy falls into a great system that's 60-23 ATS which plays on certain teams, priced from -1 to +6 points, off a home loss as a favorite of more than 6 points. Also, with the pointspread currently at 3.5 points, it's worth noting that Cincy has only lost one of its five games this season by more than 3 points, while Atlanta has only won two of its six games by more than 3 points (and each of those was against league doormats Cleveland and Arizona). Take the points.
BIG AL's 100% ATS NFL ELITE INFO!
Our Selection: Bills Opponent: Ravens Line: +13
Analysis: At 1 pm, our selection is on the Buffalo Bills + the points over Baltimore. Yes, the Bills are not a very good team. They're now 0-5 after losing to Jacksonville two weeks ago. But off the bye week, we'll play on Buffalo + the points as winless teams (with a record of 0-3 or worse) are exceptional on the road off a bye week, going 11-0 ATS (and 8-3 straight-up) since the bye week was instituted, with an average cover by 11 ppg. Even though Buffy is 0-5, and has the league's worst rush defense, there is a bright spot. QB Ryan Fitzpatrick is 4th in the NFL with a 99.9 QB rating. Because Buffalo's rush defense is so bad, I expect Ravens' coach John Harbaugh to focus his offensive attack on RB Ray Rice, and a lot of rush attempts (as opposed to passes) will work to "shorten" the game since more time comes off the clock through running plays. A faster game will work to the benefit of a double-digit underdog. Additionally, the Ravens' largest margin of victory this season has been 14 points (at home vs. Denver), and their offense has not been explosive, to say the least, this season. Take the large number of points with the Bills.
Our Selection: Dolphins Opponent: Steelers Line: +3
Analysis: At 1 pm, our selection is on the Miami Dolphins + the points over the Steelers, as Miami falls into a super system of mine that's 98-44 ATS. What we want to do is play on any home dog of +1.5 points or more that's off a momentum-building upset win on the road, if it's matched up against a team off a home win. Last week, Miami went into Lambeau Field, and knocked off the Packers in overtime, while Pittsburgh dispatched of the Browns at Heinz Field. Look for the Dolphins to follow up that road upset win with another upset at home today. Take the points.
Our Selection: Panthers Opponent: 49ers Line: +3
Analysis: At 1 pm, our selection is on the Carolina Panthers + the points over San Francisco. This will probably be the final year for John Fox, in his coaching tenure with the Panthers, as Carolina is off to its worst start (0-5) since 1998, when it opened with an 0-7 record. Of course, San Francisco knows what Carolina is going through, as it started 0-5 this season as well, but got off the schneid last week with a 17-9 victory over Oakland (a big winner for us). Off the bye week, 0-5 (or worse) teams are 22-4 ATS, and we'll grab the points with the Panthers.