PDA

View Full Version : 10-31-10

Mr. IWS
10-29-2010, 08:52 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section!!!

Big Al, Lang, Sprietzer, PPP, Burns, Root, Dr.Bob, Ness, (go here)

ALL OTHER'S WILL BE POSTED IN THE REGULARS!!

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT BOTH CLICK ON THIS IT WILL TAKE YOU
viewforum.php?f=36 (http://www.investwithsports.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=36)
RIGHT TO IT!

note:
ALL PLAYS POSTED ARE UNCONFIRMED UNLESS YOU BUY THEM YOURSELF. THERE HAS BEEN SOME BAD INFO BEING PASSED AROUND LATELY, SO PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Mr. IWS
10-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Dr. Bob
No best bets... 3 strong opinions
I’ll consider Carolina a Strong Opinion at +3 points or more.
I’ll consider Minnesota a Strong Opinion at +4 points or more and I’d take the Vikings in a 2-Star Best Bet at +7 points or more.
I’ll consider Houston a Strong Opinion at +4 points or more and I’d take the Texans in a 2-Star Best Bet at +7 or more.

mikefortino
10-31-2010, 10:36 AM
LARRY NESS

NFL GAME OF THE YEAR

10* New Orleans Saints

Mr. IWS
10-31-2010, 10:37 AM
BEN BURNS

UNDER 49ers/broncos (41 or better)

NEW ORLEANS (-3 or better)

DETROIT (-3 or better)

SAN DIEGO (-4 or better)

ARIZONA (-3 or better)

Mr. IWS
10-31-2010, 10:43 AM
NESS GOY

Analysis: My 10* NFL Game of the Year is on the NO Saints at 8:20 ET.
New Orleans has a golden opportunity to make a statement against the Steelers Sunday night. At just 4-3 on the season, the Saints have struggled to maintain their supremacy of the NFL after their Super Bowl run of a year ago. Certainly the injuries to RBs Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush have not helped New Orleans' cause. However, the offense has been productive, as the Saints possess the league's 7th-best offense in yardage (371.9 YPG) and behind the arm of Drew Brees, the 5th-ranked passing attack (279.3 YPG). Brees will be looking to redeem himself this week after an uncharacteristic subpar game where he threw four INTs (two of which were returned for TDs by David Bowens). Those two defensive TDs plus a successfully executed fake punt made the difference for Cleveland in its 30-17 upset win over the Saints in the Superdome. The Saints were 3-1 (lone loss in OT vs Atlanta) after four games. Actually, the Saints would have been 4-0 if Garrett Hartley hadn't missed a 29-yard FG in OT (same kicker who set a Super Bowl record with three FGs longer than 40 yards!). However, the Saints have lost TWO of three since that start, as Brees has thrown eight INTs (had completed 73.8% with seven TDs and twoâ€* INTs in the 3-1 start). I already mentioned the Cleveland fiasco but there was also the team's 30-20 loss at Arizona vs the Cards, 30-20. In that game, Max Hall became the first undrafted rookie QB to start and win against a defending Super Bowl champ since Pittsburgh's Kent Nix did so against the Green Bay Packers in 1967. Another quite interesting note from that game is that the Cards became the first team to score 30 points without a rushing or receiving TD since 1993! In those two losses, the Cards and Browns converted just 6-of-26 third down chances with starting QBs Hall and McCoy passing for a combined total of just 227 yards without a TD pass. My point is, the Saints D is just fine. Note, New Orleans has allowed LESS yards than the Steelers (288.4-to-299.3 YPG) in 2010. Of course, Pitt owns that great rush D (63.7 YPG allowed / 2.8 YPC) but Pittsburgh has numerous injuries on the DE and among the LBs, which has helped cause some troubles in the passing game (66.2% completions allowed and 237.7 YPG, which ranks 24th). Big Ben has been terrific in two games back (64.8%, 5 TDs and 1 INT with a 122.4 QB rating) but note that Pitt running game. While people talk about the Saints inability to run as well this year (92.6 YPG / 3.9 YPC), the Steelers are averaging a modest 118.8 YPG on the ground themselves and don't average anymore yards per carry (3.9) than the Saints do! Mendenhall topped 100 yards in two of his first three games but he's averaging 66.7 YPG his last three on just 3.0 YPC (last two with Big Ben back?). The Steelers miss Holmes, as Ward (24) is the lone receiver with more than 15 catches after FIVE games! I'll argue (many may not), that the Steelers are somewhat overrated at this point. The running game is average, Big Ben needs better receivers and the pass D has shown plenty of vulnerability. This team didn't score a TD until OT in its Week 1 win, won at Tennessee in Week 2 on an 89-yard KO return for a TD and four FGs and even last week with Big Ben back, needed a controversial call at the goal line on Big Ben's fumble to escape with a 23-22 win at Miami. Pitt stays on the road for a second week (this time inside on turf) and faces an embarrassed and highly motivated team in the Saints, looking to prove something. Remember what the Saints did to the Pats in that Week 12 MNF game last year when people were questioning whether they were as good as their record indicated? If you don't, ask Bill Belichick (it was 38-17!). One could also argue that the NFL’s crackdown on illegal hits affects the Steelers as much as any team and the last thing Pittsburgh's defenders need is to be "2nd-guessing" themselves. The New Orleans D has improved in the second year under DC Gregg Williams' tenure (3rd in total yards and 3rd in passing yards) and I believe is more than up to the task of containing Big Ben and the Steelers. From there, it's up to Brees. Again, I'm BETTING he comes through!

Good luck...Larry

Mr. IWS
10-31-2010, 11:04 AM
Root

no limit sunday night game of the year new orleans

upset club picks
bengals
detroit

Mr. IWS
10-31-2010, 12:05 PM
Brandon Lang

San Diego -3 First Half Only for 75 Dimes

Mr. IWS
10-31-2010, 12:50 PM
private players 4-jets, 3-st l, kc, sea

Mr. IWS
10-31-2010, 01:03 PM
root

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

6pt teaser:

Denver +8
Dallas -1/2
NY Jets (pk)
Kansas City +1.5
Seattle +8.5
Minnesota +10.5

Wayne’s Primetime TV Game of the Week--NY Jets
Board of Directors--Kansas City
Perfect---Carolina

Millionaires Club--Cincinnati -
Billionaires Club--Detroit -

fsiler
10-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Anyone have Root's Pinnacle?

Mr. IWS
10-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Ben Burns

TEXAS

me: San Francisco Giants vs. Texas Rangers Game Time: 10/31/2010 8:20:00 PM Prediction: Texas Rangers Reason: I'm playing on TEXAS. While I won with the Giants for Game 1 in San Francisco, I came back with the Rangers for Game 1 at Texas yesterday. They won that one and are now right back in the series. I expect them to follow it up with another victory this evening. Here was an excerpt from yesterday's writeup. I've included it here, as its still applicable: "... For starters, the Rangers are a far stronger team at home. They were 51-30 here during the season, as compared to only 39-42 on the road. Meanwhile, the Giants aren't as good away from San Francisco. On of the reasons for the better record here, is that the Rangers are more comfortable hitting in their own park. They averaged 5.3 runs and hit .286 here. True, it can be a good hitter's ballpark. However, opposing teams didn't hit too well here. Visiting teams hit .248 here and averaged only 4.2 runs. Note that those stats are nearly identical to what the Giants typically do on the road. Returning home also allows the Rangers to get Vladimar Guerrero's bat back in the lineup, as a DH, which is obviously significant. As Texas manager Ron Washington noted: "We get to get all of our weapons in that lineup. It's just comfortable to be back home in front of our fans. We can draw energy from them, and that's what we need..." After the victory, Washington would go on to say: "I feel great. We wanted to get back home. We felt comfortable here. We knew we could finally put a good game together, and we did." Hunter gets the call for the Rangers. While the postseason has been tough thus far, lets not forget that he was 13-4 with a solid 3.73 ERA and 1.24 WHIP in 23 games (22 starts) this season. Keep in mind that his postseason struggles have come against elite hitting teams from the American League, as he's had to deal with Tampa Bay and the Yankees. Now, he faces a weaker lineup, one which hasn't seen him yet. The only Giant hitters with experience against him are Burrell (1 for 3) and Ross (0 for 1). Bumgarner has proven to be capable. However, he's also arguably the weakest of the four SF starters. He's been mediocre in two playoff starts (4.22 ERA) and now he'll have to contend with a tough Texas lineup which thrives here at home. Remember, this is a pitcher who was still pitching at the Triple-A level in June. Note that Hunter is a lot better at home. In fact, he had a perfect 7-0 record here this season and the Rangers are 15-5 his L20 home starts. Also, note that Hunter, who hasn't walked a batter yet these playoffs (12 Ks, 0 walks) was 2-0 with a 2.51 ERA in interleague play. I expect Hunter to bounce back with his best game and for that to help lead to Texas tying things up. *8

Mr. IWS
10-31-2010, 03:05 PM
Ben Burns

GOM - LA Clippers +4

pacer18
10-31-2010, 08:08 PM
NFL: 1:00PM *FREE PICK*(CLICK LINK)

10Units: JETS & GB PACKERS OVER 41

THE MAIN OBJECTIVE IS WINNING!
YOU'RE MONEY IS NOTHING TO FOOL WITH
MAKE THE SMART CHOICE & START WINNING!
NFL: 8:30PM *MEMBERS PICK* (EMAIL FOR INFO)
25Units: PITTSBURGH -ML (+110)

NFL/CFB/NBA/CBB PACKAGE DEALS BELOW
RANDIZZLE14

25Units: PITTSBURGH +3 (Buy 1 P) (-130)

10Units: PITTSBURGH & NO SAINTS OVER 45 (-110)

NBA: 9:35 *MEMBERS PICK* (EMAIL FOR INFO)
10Units: LA LAKERS -9 (-110)