PDA

View Full Version : Rampage: Wanted an exciting fight, willing to fight at HW

SPX
11-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Fighters Only asked Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson for his opinion on his fight with Rashad Evans and he gives it honestly. “Boring,” he says, without hesitation.

That one word is the worst kind of indictment Jackson can give any fight, never mind one of his own. It goes a long way to explaining why he is under whelmed at the thought of Lyoto Machida as an opponent at UFC 123.

“Whenever I lose it always makes me hungrier but it also depends on how I lose. Quite honestly I would rather be fighting someone more exciting just because I feel like my last fight was really boring, a lot more boring than I wanted it to be,” he told us.

“So I wanted to fight someone who is a little bit more exciting and now the pressure is on me to make the fight exciting. Now I don’t know what kind of fighter I am gonna be on the night - am I gonna play it safe just to get the win or am I gonna be the normal fighter that I am and look to make the fight exciting?”

Jackson says he wanted a banger for his next outing so badly that he was even willing to step up and fight in the UFC heavyweight division, a prospect that is certain to interest fans.

“I would have fought somebody coming off a loss to make the fight more exciting, I was even willing to fight at heavyweight, someone who is going to bang. At the end of the day, me, I really don’t acre if I win or lose, my main thing is a good fight,” he says.

Jackson’s fight with Machida headlines UFC 123 on November 20th.

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/n ... hp?id=5536 (http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=5536)

poopoo333
11-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Poor Rampage.

SPX
11-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Just seeing that video the other day, I really don't think he thinks he can beat Machida.

I think he knows he's too slow and Machida's too good at avoiding damage.

Luke
11-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Rampage = just looking for paychecks

YoungTRK484
11-01-2010, 06:41 PM
He is gonna get destroyed by the Dragon, IMO. Wanna know how to make one of your fights exciting Rampage? Fight exciting and let your hands go. Damn.