PDA

View Full Version : Skins give Mcnabb 5yr-$78 million extension

Luke
11-15-2010, 04:28 PM
With 40 million guaranteed ::lmao:: WTF I thought they were headin toward cutting or trading him
Seriously what are they thinking? He's 34 and way past his prime

The Washington Redskins and quarterback Donovan McNabb have agreed to a five-year, $78 million extension that could be worth up to $88 million with incentives, a source with knowledge of the agreement told ESPN NFL Insider Michael Smith

The source said $40 million of the deal will be guaranteed.

McNabb, who will turn 34 later this month, agreed to an extension just two weeks after he was benched at the end of a loss to the Lions because coach Mike Shanahan said the quarterback didn't have a grasp of the teams' 2-minute offense
Shanahan later cited McNabb's ailing hamstrings as one of the reasons he pulled McNabb in the final minutes of the loss.

Last week, McNabb said he was able to clear the air in talks with Shanahan and offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan. He said he was satisfied with what he heard.

"Yes, I'm satisfied," McNabb said last week. "You get what you ask for, and after that you put it behind you and move on."

McNabb, who was traded by the Eagles to the Redskins before the season, faces Philadelphia on Monday night for the second time this season. He led Washington to a 17-12 victory at Philadelphia on Oct. 3.

YoungTRK484
11-15-2010, 04:31 PM
That's absurd, I'd say he'd be cut by year 3 of that contract but 40 mill guaranteed?!?! Daaaaaaaaaaamn!!!!!

Mr. IWS
11-15-2010, 04:50 PM
::lolzorz:: Dum Snyder

Mr. IWS
11-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Would be epic if he plays terrible tonight.

dillon24
11-15-2010, 07:57 PM
I coulda swore they were gonna make a play for Vick next year but i guess not. Man Snyder makes some crazy ass decisions. 40 MILL GUARANTEED?? The dude has lost his mind.. who else was gonna offer that??

Luke
11-15-2010, 08:08 PM
I coulda swore they were gonna make a play for Vick next year but i guess not. Man Snyder makes some crazy ass decisions. 40 MILL GUARANTEED?? The dude has lost his mind.. who else was gonna offer that??

I'm wondering who else would have even given him a offer