PDA

View Full Version : Boxing 11/27-end of year

YoungTRK484
11-26-2010, 09:56 PM
A lot of great fights tomorrow, Saturday 11/27 and in the 5 weeks to follow. Figured lets start a new thread, rather than clog up the "boxing bets" thread, for those of us who enjoy things in the squared circle.

Great article on Katsidis and the death of his brother during training camp:
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/columns/story?columnist=rafael_dan&id=5849627

I've watched a few of Katsidis' fights and he never fails to entertain. I especially love his entrances though, to be honest, even though I usually don't get into "that stuff."

Katsidis is a solid 2-1 dog, at least, but I am staying away from this fight because I believe his hunger, desire, and will may be unmatched by Marquez. My head says Marquez, my heart will be rooting for Katsidis, and I hope for an entertaining fight.
::handshake::

Luke
11-26-2010, 10:30 PM
Katsidis is dangerous but gets hit too much . I'm not laying -270 on JMM but if I win my AA bet I might throw a little on JMM by ko

Luke
11-26-2010, 10:31 PM
This fight really could be fight of the year material

YoungTRK484
11-26-2010, 11:13 PM
I agree it could be FOTY. But 50% of that is b/c I can't think of one FOTY candidtae YTD. The other 50% is because Katsidis always comes straight forward, is a battler, and seems to be the eprfect opponent for the counterpuncher JMM. He may go out on his shield, no pun intended since he comes to the ring in Greek battle gear, but he is a brawler.

I think it's a safe bet that we will definitely have the FOTY somewhere on tomorrow's card.

sbjj
11-26-2010, 11:44 PM
JMM and Kats. have fought a combined 80 fights or so. In all those fights there has been one stoppage in the 10th round in a fight that Kats just fell apart in. I really think kats. has improved substantially since that fight(I have seen all his fights since then). Will it be enough to beat(or even survive against JMM). i think he has a decent shot at beating him, and an excellent chance at seeing the final bell.

It is not like JMM just blasts dudes out of there either. Most of his stoppages(all of recent) are late stoppages.

This fight reminds of the second Diaz fight where everyone expected JMM to stop Diaz even quicker than he did the first time.

Now watch Kats. go out there like a madman and get stopped from cuts in the 4th round.

SPX
11-26-2010, 11:53 PM
blah blah blah . . . boxing . . . blah blah . . . boxing . . . blah

poopoo333
11-26-2010, 11:57 PM

Boxing is a real sport. MMA is just an excuse for human cockfighting.

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/abill2.jpg

YoungTRK484
11-26-2010, 11:59 PM
Think you've had a rough week? Not as rough as Christy Martin's:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5851381

APOPKA, Fla. -- Deputies say someone burglarized the Florida home of boxer Christy Martin while she was in the hospital with gunshot and stab wounds.

Orange County Sheriff's Office spokesman Jim Solomons says a friend contacted authorities after going to the Apopka-area home to pick up some belongings for Martin. It's not clear if anything was stolen.

Christy Martin was a pioneer in women's boxing in the 1990s, once landing on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

The 42-year-old boxer was shot and stabbed at home Tuesday and taken to a hospital after flagging down a motorist for help.

Martin told deputies that her husband attacked her. Deputies are still searching for 66-year-old James Martin.

Luke
11-27-2010, 12:01 AM

Boxers make more in one fight that MMA fighters make in a career ::handshake::

Luke
11-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Think you've had a rough week? Not as rough as Christy Martin's:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5851381

APOPKA, Fla. -- Deputies say someone burglarized the Florida home of boxer Christy Martin while she was in the hospital with gunshot and stab wounds.

Orange County Sheriff's Office spokesman Jim Solomons says a friend contacted authorities after going to the Apopka-area home to pick up some belongings for Martin. It's not clear if anything was stolen.

Christy Martin was a pioneer in women's boxing in the 1990s, once landing on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

The 42-year-old boxer was shot and stabbed at home Tuesday and taken to a hospital after flagging down a motorist for help.

Martin told deputies that her husband attacked her. Deputies are still searching for 66-year-old James Martin.

I saw that on TMZ , crazy

YoungTRK484
11-27-2010, 12:09 AM

Boxing is a real sport. MMA is just an excuse for human cockfighting.

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/abill2.jpg

Don't be a pinhead. ::lmao::

SPX
11-27-2010, 12:22 AM

I fail to see your point.

Luke
11-27-2010, 12:25 AM

I fail to see your point.

Get out >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You are banned from the boxing section ..................sigh ::thumbdown::

SPX
11-27-2010, 12:31 AM
Get out >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You are banned from the boxing section ..................sigh ::thumbdown::

That hurts my feelings.

YoungTRK484
11-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Froch's wife = ::drool::

Luke
11-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Froch's wife = ::drool::

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz238/jayfurjay/girls/rachael_cordingley_118056_12.jpg

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz238/jayfurjay/girls/rachael_cordingley_118065_12.jpg

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz238/jayfurjay/girls/rachael_cordingley_118050_5.jpg

YoungTRK484
11-27-2010, 05:35 PM
^^^ That's phenomenal.

Be right back, needta take care of some quick business.

::jerk::

poopoo333
11-27-2010, 05:37 PM
0.5u AA win in Round 12 to win 13.5u
0.5u AA win in Round 11 to win 10.05u

lolz

Luke
11-27-2010, 05:46 PM
Just a FYI Froch start out really fast ,Abraham really slow so if Froch starts the fight up 4 rounds to zero dont freak out

YoungTRK484
11-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Just a FYI Froch start out really fast ,Abraham really slow so if Froch starts the fight up 4 rounds to zero dont freak out

Truth but still LOL.
::lmao::

Luke
11-27-2010, 05:58 PM

Froch up 3-0 after 3 lol

YoungTRK484
11-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Who the hell is that woman screaming ringside?? "He misses everytime Karl!!!" Is that his gf?? Jeez she is loud as hell!!!!

4-0 Froch.

Luke
11-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Who the hell is that woman screaming ringside?? "He misses everytime Karl!!!" Is that his gf?? Jeez she is loud as hell!!!!

4-0 Froch.

Thats Froch wife, seriously

poopoo333
11-27-2010, 06:07 PM

4-0 Froch.

Thats Froch wife, seriously

I think I need to get over there to put my balls in her mouth to keep her quiet.

YoungTRK484
11-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Has Abraham never fought someone who threw a double jab???
::headbanger::

Luke
11-27-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm wondering how long AA is going to play it safe. I hope not for 12 rounds

YoungTRK484
11-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Time to turn it on King. This is not a 24 round fight.

Luke
11-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Time to turn it on King. This is not a 24 round fight.

Thats what I'm thinking .

I have him down 6-1 this is starting to look bad for us

YoungTRK484
11-27-2010, 06:18 PM
I've got it a shutout, 8-0. Not even a knockdown gets us even, we need a KO I feel like now.

Luke
11-27-2010, 06:19 PM
This is going to end up bad guys . AA didnt show up to fight tonight

Luke
11-27-2010, 06:21 PM
::puke::

YoungTRK484
11-27-2010, 06:29 PM
So much for my AA 11th rd KO prop.

Luke
11-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Way off on this fight. Back to the drawing board I guess . Biggest bet I've ever lost in boxing

YoungTRK484
11-27-2010, 06:37 PM
119-109, 120-108, 120-108. What a disgrace.

Luke
11-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Well thats that .

Going to look at JMM-Kats real hard now to try to regain a little bit tonight maybe. Not going to force anything if I dont like it .

Damn AA really didnt come to fight tonight ,perfect fight by Froch . Shit happens

Luke
11-27-2010, 06:41 PM
119-109, 120-108, 120-108. What a disgrace.

Yeah that was bad . I scored it 118-110 giving the 4th and 12th to AA but thats it. He never came to fight tonight nothing we can do about it . We'll get it back man I'm sure of it ::handshake::

SPX
11-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Bad night, I see.

Sorry guys.

Luke
11-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Bad night, I see.

Sorry guys.

Happens . There are still alot of fighters left tonight to maybe make it a little better of a day

SPX
11-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Happens . There are still alot of fighters left tonight to maybe make it a little better of a day

Word.

Good luck.

YoungTRK484
11-27-2010, 07:17 PM
Well thats that .

Going to look at JMM-Kats real hard now to try to regain a little bit tonight maybe. Not going to force anything if I dont like it .

Damn AA really didnt come to fight tonight ,perfect fight by Froch . Shit happens

Yeah, better luck next time I guess. Can't believe how off I was on this fight, Abraham looked like a defeated man from the first bell with no urgency throughout the entire fight. You're right though, Froch fought eprfectly. Even if King Arthur had brought his A game, I still dunno if he could have beat Froch tonight.
::crying::

Luke
11-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Carl Froch vs. Glen Johnson and Abraham -Kessler in the Semi finals

Luke
11-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Really thinking about taking a shot with Katsidis . I think JMM wins but it might be so close that +244 is worth it

sbjj
11-28-2010, 12:03 AM
I do not think the fight shows that Froch is some great boxer. It more proved that AA was and is overrated and just can not deal with someone unless they are standing directly in front of him. I am hoping Johnson comes in a big dog against Froch because I think he could beat Froch.

The plan was to bet Froch big in Vegas(where he was +160) and leave everything else alone. Decided to fuck around and force some bets so i deserved the loss.

Ref really could have let Kats. go another round at least. that guy would have stopped the Pac-Margarito fight in the 4th round.

Luke
11-28-2010, 12:11 AM
I do not think the fight shows that Froch is some great boxer. It more proved that AA was and is overrated and just can not deal with someone unless they are standing directly in front of him. I am hoping Johnson comes in a big dog against Froch because I think he could beat Froch.

The plan was to bet Froch big in Vegas(where he was +160) and leave everything else alone. Decided to fuck around and force some bets so i deserved the loss.

Ref really could have let Kats. go another round at least. that guy would have stopped the Pac-Margarito fight in the 4th round.

I think you're right about Froch . This fight didnt show how good he was it showed how bad AA is . AA should go back to 160 . When I heard Froch-Johnson was next I was like you and my knee jerk reaction was to take Johnson as the dog . What do you think the line will be Froch around -175?

The Katisdis stoppage was a little earlier ,I know you needed 1 more rd for your bet sorry man.

Sorry about pushing AA on you ,you were right on to take Froch .Sometimes being the only person on a fighter is a good thing .

YoungTRK484
11-28-2010, 12:13 AM
Carl Froch vs. Glen Johnson and Abraham -Ward in the Semi finals

Fixed.
::thumbup::

sbjj
11-28-2010, 12:19 AM
I am hoping Froch gets big love for this win. i mean win you think about it, the guy could be considered unbeaten. Many thought he beat Kessler. i just think Glen is going to be a tough fight for him. That fight could end up being a war. I was thinking Froch might be a 2 to 1 fave. But maybe i am just thinking positively.

Earlier you were talking about not betting the over/unders. The JMM fight is the best proof against it. Kats had just landed a decent shot right before the ref stopped it. he was losing the fight and bloodied(like many of his fights). But he was not in big time trouble. Margarito gets 10 years taken off his life and is allowed to continue, but kats. is not given the chance in a fight that was much closer.

Luke
11-28-2010, 12:20 AM

Fixed.

Sorry had a tard moment there.

I can see Ward being big odds against Abraham . Something like -350 or higher

sbjj
11-28-2010, 12:22 AM

Fixed.

Sorry had a tard moment there.

I can see Ward being big odds against Abraham . Something like -350 or higher

To be honest, he really should be. He is probably the worst matchup that AA could have. he is going to make AA look like he is in quicksand. I will not be surprised if AA pulls out of the tourney. he does not really seem to like adversity.

YoungTRK484
11-28-2010, 12:24 AM
Yeah Ward will have big odds there, rightfully so. I'm not so sure about a Johnson bet against Froch. I give Froch all the credit in the world, he dominated a good fighter and executed his gameplan flawlessly. Plus the weight cut for Johnson again worries me.

How about AA vs. Martinez @ 160? Although I don't believe AA deserves it, it might be the best $$$ fight for Martinez.

Luke
11-28-2010, 12:26 AM
I am hoping Froch gets big love for this win. i mean win you think about it, the guy could be considered unbeaten. Many thought he beat Kessler. i just think Glen is going to be a tough fight for him. That fight could end up being a war. I was thinking Froch might be a 2 to 1 fave. But maybe i am just thinking positively.

Earlier you were talking about not betting the over/unders. The JMM fight is the best proof against it. Kats had just landed a decent shot right before the ref stopped it. he was losing the fight and bloodied(like many of his fights). But he was not in big time trouble. Margarito gets 10 years taken off his life and is allowed to continue, but kats. is not given the chance in a fight that was much closer.

Froch might be 2 to 1 against Glen you could be right .

I dont bet on O/U's too often just because you never know what will happen. I like betting on fighters rather than outcomes,I think its easier.
You're right though we were all lucky win win our Manny by decision bets that night . Bayliss would have stopped that fight for sure.

Katisidis had just won the 8th rd and should have been given a chance to fight through being hurt. I'll agree the fight was stopped early . It just seems to me when betting O/U's or outcomes more luck is needed

Luke
11-28-2010, 12:27 AM
To be honest, he really should be. He is probably the worst matchup that AA could have. he is going to make AA look like he is in quicksand. I will not be surprised if AA pulls out of the tourney. he does not really seem to like adversity.

If the fight does happen Ward by decision or points will probably be a good idea if the odds are high

Luke
11-28-2010, 12:29 AM
Yeah Ward will have big odds there, rightfully so. I'm not so sure about a Johnson bet against Froch. I give Froch all the credit in the world, he dominated a good fighter and executed his gameplan flawlessly. Plus the weight cut for Johnson again worries me.

How about AA vs. Martinez @ 160? Although I don't believe AA deserves it, it might be the best $$$ fight for Martinez.

Martinez would kill AA. I dont think that fight will happen because not many people in the U.S. know who AA is

sbjj
11-28-2010, 12:30 AM
I would watch Martinez fight anybody. i absolutely love the guy. And AA does need to do something else. he just will not beat the best here.

I think Froch is a good fighter, even great. but i think AA was just the type of fighter that will make him look better than he is. Johnson will make a fight out of it. he will throw 10X as many punches as AA.

YoungTRK484
11-28-2010, 12:31 AM
I think Ward could KO AA, Froch had him wobbled at LEAST 4 times in the fight with a lot of pitter patter well executed jabs and some nice uppercuts. Ward mght be able to finish him, considering AA has been routed in his last 2 fights and is 30 yrs old.

sbjj
11-28-2010, 12:32 AM

If the fight does happen Ward by decision or points will probably be a good idea if the odds are high

Yea but we'll probably get like a -240 on that price, and a +250 on the Ward by KO prop.

YoungTRK484
11-28-2010, 12:33 AM

Martinez would kill AA. I dont think that fight will happen because not many people in the U.S. know who AA is

Yeah probably won't happen since AA is going to have a 3rd straight loss after he fights Ward and it would be a massacre.

sbjj
11-28-2010, 12:33 AM
I think Ward could KO AA, Froch had him wobbled at LEAST 4 times in the fight with a lot of pitter patter well executed jabs and some nice uppercuts. Ward mght be able to finish him, considering AA has been routed in his last 2 fights and is 30 yrs old.

I honestly think that is where the value might be. i still have not watched the Ward-Bika fight. How did Ward look? Did he put a hurtin on Bika?

YoungTRK484
11-28-2010, 12:38 AM
Woohoo, just had a question posted in the live chat with espn.com writer Dan Rafael:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/35730/boxing-with-dan-rafael

Travis (NJ)
Dan, can you give us some early thoughts on Khan-Maidana? I think Maidana has a legitmate shot and don't see why he is a 2.5:1 dog.

Dan Rafael (12:36 AM)
He can punch and I am told he is in great shape. But I think other than one-shot power, Khan is better in every facet of the game. We shall see. I am looking forward to that fight and will be there ringside for it in two weeks.

Luke
11-28-2010, 12:39 AM
I honestly think that is where the value might be. i still have not watched the Ward-Bika fight. How did Ward look? Did he put a hurtin on Bika?

Not in rds 1-6 . I watched those rounds,before switching too JMM-Katsidis,and Bika actually looked pretty good . I think he won 2 or 3 (cant remember exactly ) of the first 6 rounds . The judge that scored the fight 120-108 for Ward had to be blind

Luke
11-28-2010, 12:40 AM
Woohoo, just had a question posted in the live chat with espn.com writer Dan Rafael:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/35730/boxing-with-dan-rafael

Travis (NJ)
Dan, can you give us some early thoughts on Khan-Maidana? I think Maidana has a legitmate shot and don't see why he is a 2.5:1 dog.

Dan Rafael (12:36 AM)
He can punch and I am told he is in great shape. But I think other than one-shot power, Khan is better in every facet of the game. We shall see. I am looking forward to that fight and will be there ringside for it in two weeks.

Khan is better in every facet of the game

^^^^ this is pretty much my thoughts

YoungTRK484
11-28-2010, 12:43 AM

The fight was a little dirty (head butts late,) but I actually liked seeing that Ward could fight chippy. Bika got some rounds early, He was down 5-3 through 8 I thought, and probably lost 9-3 or 8-4. The judge who scored it a shutout for Ward is horrendous.

YoungTRK484
11-28-2010, 12:53 AM
Does anyone have a link to the postfight interview in the ring on HBO w/ Katsidis? I missed it and heard it was a good one, very emotional.

Luke
11-28-2010, 01:18 AM
Does anyone have a link to the postfight interview in the ring on HBO w/ Katsidis? I missed it and heard it was a good one, very emotional.

[youtube:173ywa6v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp3Zpi7UQrQ[/youtube:173ywa6v]

::handshake::