PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Police Issue UFC’s Sean Pierson Ultimatum

Luke
12-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Although this weekend’s UFC 124 extravaganza in Montreal reportedly broke the all-time North American MMA attendance record, it appears not all Canadians love them some mixed martial arts.

According to welterweight Sean Pierson, Toronto Police are forcing him to choose between pursuing his dream of becoming a UFC champion or remaining with his fellow boys in blue.

“I’ve been told I have to pick a dream,” Pierson told TheStar.com. “I’m being asked do I want to fight or do I want to be a police officer?

“Life is full of tough decisions.”

Following Saturday’s triumphant Octagon debut, Pierson returned to Toronto to start his FIRST shift as a cop. Unfortunately, he was turned away and told to hand in his uniform while the issue was being investigated.

According to TheStar.com, every police officer who has “secondary employment” must first clear it with the force. Requests for generating a second revenue stream can be denied if it constitutes a conflict of interest.

Although the Toronto Police did not elaborate on what type of job would be considered a conflict, Pierson chose to connect the dots himself.

“I can appreciate the position they’re in with what I do,” Pierson stated. “I don’t look at mixed martial arts as a negative, but I think the mainstream still looks at us as a bit of a black eye.”

Ironically, Octagon officials recently announced their first Toronto show for April 30th at the Rogers Centre. It’s a card Pierson was hoping to appear in.

The 34-year-old has compiled a 11-4 record over his 11-year professional fighting career. He has spent the last four years of his life working towards becoming a cop.

While the sport of MMA is nothing new to him, the Octagon’s bright lights are and that’s what must have drawn the attention/ire of Toronto law enforcement.

“Some people have a goal that they want to go to the world championships and stuff. That’s not my goal,” said Pierson. “I just want people to be proud of me.”

Pierson doesn’t know which road he’ll choose. However, UFC fans robbed him of $100,000 following his unanimous decision win over Matt Riddle on Saturday. That extra cheddar would have certainly helped make the decision a little easier

zY|
12-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Canada.

Mr. IWS
12-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Fuckin retarted. He probably trains around his cop schedule, much like that fat guy (cant remember his name right now) That knocked out Duffee a few months back.

Luke
12-15-2010, 04:43 PM
I thinks its stupid too . As long as it doesnt affect his job it shouldnt matter.

Mr. IWS
12-15-2010, 04:45 PM
inb4fuckdapolice

Svino
12-15-2010, 04:49 PM
You know Paulo Thiago and Cro Cop never had problems like this.

Mr. IWS
12-15-2010, 04:53 PM
^^^^^good point.

SPX
12-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Stupid.

BTW, what the fuck does this shit mean: "However, UFC fans robbed him of $100,000 following his unanimous decision win over Matt Riddle on Saturday."

Ludo
12-15-2010, 05:16 PM
It means for the first time ever at UFC124 they let the Fans use an internet poll or something like that to decide who would get the bonuses for KO, Sub, and Fight of the night. The fans chose GSP/Koscheck instead of Pierson/Riddle for fight of the night. Dana already said that the fans wouldn't get to choose again.

Luke
12-15-2010, 05:18 PM
It means for the first time ever at UFC124 they let the Fans use an internet poll or something like that to decide who would get the bonuses for KO, Sub, and Fight of the night. The fans chose GSP/Koscheck instead of Pierson/Riddle for fight of the night. Dana already said that the fans wouldn't get to choose again.

What ^^^ he said .

Fans are retarded they just proved it there

zY|
12-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Well to be fair, their fight sucked anyway. I thought Alves/Howard was the fight of the night.

Luke
12-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Well to be fair, their fight sucked anyway. I thought Alves/Howard was the fight of the night.

When I think of fight of the night or year I think of a back and forth fight where you dont know who is going to win till the last minute of the fight, Alves-Howard was not that. From the opening bell to end of the fight Alves dominated and there wasnt a second of the fight where I thought alves might lose so that fight wasnt fight of the night to me for sure

SPX
12-16-2010, 04:29 PM
When I think of fight of the night or year I think of a back and forth fight where you dont know who is going to win till the last minute of the fight, Alves-Howard was not that. From the opening bell to end of the fight Alves dominated and there wasnt a second of the fight where I thought alves might lose so that fight wasnt fight of the night to me for sure

I agree. That's pretty much what I look for too in an FOTN candidate.

SPX
12-16-2010, 04:29 PM
BTW I read earlier that apparently one of the Toronto PD's concerns was that Pierson had the nickname "Pimp Daddy" when he was 23 years old.

zY|
12-16-2010, 05:01 PM

Well to be fair, I knew Pierson won before they even showed the fight, lol.

And competitiveness is certainly a criterion for a good fight, but it's not the only one. I just don't always find dudes throwing sloppy hays entertaining. Shrug.

MMA_scientist
12-17-2010, 10:15 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewr ... mma-296415 (http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/UFC-124-winner-Pierson-given-choice-to-be-a-fig?urn=mma-296415)

Pierson fired.

Canada. Pfft.

Luke
12-17-2010, 01:33 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/UFC-124-winner-Pierson-given-choice-to-be-a-fig?urn=mma-296415

Pierson fired.

Canada. Pfft.

Gay.

poopoo333
12-19-2010, 12:50 AM
Fuckin retarted. He probably trains around his cop schedule, much like that fat guy (cant remember his name right now) That knocked out Duffee a few months back.

Mike Russow. The man, the myth, the legend.

http://i48.tinypic.com/11hugsl.jpg