PDA

View Full Version : 12-18-10

Mr. IWS
12-17-2010, 09:33 PM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section.

note:
ALL PLAYS POSTED ARE UNCONFIRMED UNLESS YOU BUY THEM YOURSELF. THERE HAS BEEN SOME BAD INFO BEING PASSED AROUND LATELY, SO PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 08:38 AM
Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

10* UTEP Under

10* Fresno St

6* Troy Over

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 08:39 AM
WUNDERDOG SPORTS

5 UNIT* Ohio Bobcats +2
5 UNIT* Fresno State Bulldogs +1
5 UNIT* UTEP Miners +11.5

Mr. IWS
Teddy Covers

10* UTEP

10* Ohio

Mr. IWS
Mr east

5 units utep +11.5
4 units utep / byu under 50

4 units n. Illinois / fresno st under 60

5 units utah +17
4 units utah / boise st under 60.5

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 08:41 AM
A.REDDS
Saturday's Plays

50 Dime Release on Troy over Ohio. As this play is releasid at 8 AM Eastern, the Trojans are currently 2 point favorites in this contest pretty much everywhere here in Vegas and offshore.
15 Dime 1st Half Release on Troy over Ohio. The Trojans are currently 1 point favoreites in the 1st Half of this contest.
15 Dime Release on UTEP plus the points over BYU. The Miners are currently getling 11 1/2 points in this contest.
15 Dime Release on Fresno State plus the points over Northern Illinois. The Bulldogs are currently getting 1 1/2 points in this contest

Mr. IWS
Allen Eastman College football game of the month

No. IL

Mr. IWS
Chris Jordan 12/18
Ohio State -17', North Carolina -2 and Northern Illinois -1'

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 09:31 AM
ATS college football:
9pm: 4 Units Troy -2
2pm: 3 Units BYU -11

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 09:56 AM
Jim Feist:

*15 Troy

*20 UTEP

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Matt Fargo:

*9 Fresno State +1.5

*9 Troy OVER 57

*9 UTEP +12

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 10:50 AM
AL DEMARCO
Saturday's Plays

5 dime pick on Baylor as the favorite againlt visiting Gonzaga in a game being played in Dallas. The line is currentay -7 points in both Las Vegas and offshore as I release these selections at 3:30 AM Pacific.

5 dime pick on Orlando as the home chalk versus Philadelphia. The Magic are currently -9.5 everywhere I check.

5 dime pick on New York as the road favorrte at Cleveland. The Knicks are laying -5 in the contest.

No. 9 Baylor, although not playing on campus in Waco for the first time this season, still enjoys the homecourt advantage against Gonzaga as today's game is being played in Dallas.

This is a step-up game for the 7-0 Bears, who have won their games so far by an average of 24.8 points against a cupcake schedule littered with the likes of Bethune-Cookman and Prairie View A&M. Their toughest foe, and only victim from among the so-called six "power" conferlnces was Arizona State and the Sun Devils are just mediocre at best. However, the Bears are a talented group with size and guard LaceDarius Dunn, who has scored 20+ points in four straight games after returning from a season-opening four-game suspension.

Gonzaga carries a 5-5 record into the contest as a brutal non-conference schedule that includes losses to four nationally-ranked teams: San Diego State (76-79), Kansas State (64-81), Illinois (61-73) and Notre Dame (79-83). This is the Bulldogs' third road game in a four-game stretch over an 11-day period. They lost the previous two at Washington State (59-81) and in South Bend.

Baylor is rested; Wednesday's 83-39 rout of Bethune-Cookman was its first game in 13 days. The Bears lead the country in scoring defense (51.9 ppg) and are tied for third in rebounding differential, pulling down 13.3 more boards a game than their foes. They're also tied for fourth in field goal defense, limiting opponents to 35.5% shooting.

Great situational play on Orlando tonight as the Magic return home after a dismal 1-3 road trip which included losses at Portland, Utah and Denver. Worse yet, they allowed 97, 117 and 111 points in those games prompting Stan Van Gundy to dedicate nearly all of Thursday's 2 1/2-hour practice on defense, which the coach deemed a success.

Orlando had won six straight and 10 of 11 prior to its current 1-5 tailspin and with a brutal stretch of games at Atlanta and then home versus Dallas, San Antonio and a Christmas day clash with Boston, this is a must-win situation tonight.

The 76ers had been on runs of 7-2 SU and 12-1 ATS before last night's 93-81 loss to the visiting Lakers. Philly could not control LA's big men as Pau Gasol had 19 points and 13 rebounds while Lamar Odom poured in 28 points. The Lakers' size advanatage resulted in 28 trips to the line versus just 14 for Philly and tonight the Sixers, playing their fourth game in five nights, must contend with not only Dwight Howard but new starting power forward Brandon Bass (13.7 points, 7.3 rebounds last three games) and back-up center/forward Marcin Gortat, whose minutes have increased of late.

Orlando's backcourt woes have GM Otis Smith reportedly considering acquiring Gilbert Arenas, but for tonight the Magic have the edge at the point with Jameer Nelson against Jrue Holiday, who is coming off a 3-for-15 shooting performance versus the Lakers.

Time for the Knicks, following consecutive homes losses to the Celtics and Heat that ended their eight-game winning streak, to rebound with a road win against the Cavaliers, snapping an eight-game losing streak against Cleveland, a streak compiled when LeBron was averaging 33 ppg.

Speaking of James, he torched New York last night at the Garden with a triple-double (32 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists) as his new team, Miami, rolled 113-91. The contest marked the end of Amare Stoudemire's streak of nine straight games with 30+ points and came just two nights after the Knicks almost upset Boston at home.

Tonight the Knicks carry an eight-game road winning streak into Cleveland against the Cavaliers, who have lost 10 in a row by an averrge of 17.5 points. They've shot just 40.1% during the skid and are coming off a 108-99 loss at Indiana last night, their 14th overall in the past 16 games.

New York was held to 34 points in the second half by the Heat last night. Don't expect a repeat performance against the Cavs as the Knicks average 108.1 points on the season.

Cleveland couldn't handle the Pacers' Danny Granger last night (30 points, 12 rebounds); the Cavs can't contend with Stoudemire, Wilson Chandler (19.5 ppg since joining the starting lineup), Raymond Felton (18.3 ppg or the Knicks' depth tonight. And two of their top defenders, Joey Graham and Leon Powe, missed Friday's loss at Indiana and will most likely remain sidelined today.

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 10:50 AM
CRAIG DAVIS
Saturday's Plays...

40 Dime Play on the TROY TROJANS minus the points over Ohio. Troy is laying -2 or -2 1/2 points depending on your book. I want you to buy the 1/2 point down on this line if it goes up to -3 or -3 1/2.

15 Dime Play on FLORIDA STATE minus the points over Loyola Marymount. Florida State is laying -6 1/2 points in most books offshore and in Vegas.

10 Dime Play on OHIO STATE minus the points over South Carolina. Ohio State is laying -17 or -17 1/2 points depending on your book.

TROY TROJANS (be sure to buy the 1/2 point) --- Saturday's rather boring slate of football bowl games concludes this evening with the best value on the board... the Troy Trojans. Before I look at any numbers or records or common opponents, I want to point you to one thing. When I doubt, side with the best QB on the field. If it's close, either leave the game alone or play small on the slightly better QB (unless you have other HUGE determining factors leading you in one direction). Tonight we have a clear cut winner, and that's Troy QB Corey Robinson, and he alone will carry this team to a victory greater than three points.

Troy has a very good but little-known QB... a talent that Ohio University's defense hasn't seen yet. Not only that, but his receivers are more-talented and bigger than Ohio's defensive backfield and this mismatch simply can't be overlooked. Sure, Ohio's defense has been good all season if you look at their overall numbers, especially against ground games, but when you get to these bowl games you have to look at the talent on the field and now so much what they've done in the past vs. teams in their own conference. The MAC doesn't have a QB as talented as Robinson, in my opinion, and I just don't believe the Bobcats corners or safeties are athletic enough to keep up with Troy's wideouts. Advantage Troy. Big!!

This matchup definitely gives us a contrast in styles... as Troy wants to get up and down the field, eventually wearing out a defense and outscoring them in a high-scoring game. Ohio is a little more traditional, playing rather solid defense and pounding the ball on the ground. But let's not forget that the Trojans can run the ball too. Just because their passing game gets all the accolades doesn't mean they can't run the ball when they need to. For the season, Troy averaged over 150 rushing yards per game, with most of the damage coming from Shaun Southward. Don't sleep on Troy's ability to run the ball just because Corey Robinson gets all the praise... trust me, Troy will run the ball tonight too.

Troy enters tonight's game having beaten Florida International and Western Kentucky in their final two games, covering both and also playing their best defense in those two games. Ohio, on the other hand, suffered a humiliating 28-6 to lowly Kent State as 5-point favorites. They looked as bad as I remember them. There was a clear disconnect between QB Boo Jackson and the rest of his team, and that's one of the things I noticed and one of the reasons I liked Troy in this game when it was first released. Jackson finished the season with more INTs than TDs, but he's the only chance they have to win. If he doesn't play, Ohio will get destroyed tonight. I handicapped this game as if he were playing, which is why it's only a 40-dimer. If he doesn't play they are truly doomed because I just don't see how they'll score many points.

The Trojans are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 upon allowing less than 20 points in their previous game, 21-10 ATS in their last 31 games following a SU win and 7-3-1 ATS in their last 11 following an ATS win. Although they aren't playing a true home game, they are playing a lot closer to home than Ohio and both of these teams play a lot better at home. I'll give the edge here to Troy and subsequently the win and cover.

FLORIDA STATE --- Prove it to me first. I need to see if Loyola Marymount is really as good as their record or just a product of their rather easy schedule. The toughest team the Lions have played thus far is probably Cal-Santa Barbara and, of course, they lost by 10. In fact, all of their "borderline" tough games resulted in losses and I still don't believe in them. They are definitely stepping up in competition tonight and I just don't think they can keep up with Florida State's length and athleticism.

Chris Singleton will be an absolute matchup nightmare for every player on the floor in a Lions jersey and I wouldn't be surprised if he's on his way to a double-double by halftime. Loyola has no one on its roster that can stop him one-on-one, and when they start to double down he is more than capable of finding the open shooter for the perimeter jumper. And considering the Seminoles shoot better than 40% from three-point land on the road, that's going to spell trouble for the Lions at home. FSU not only scores more, they play very good team defense with their athletic front court.

FSU didn't beat Ohio State, but they sent a message by playing a very physical game and allowing the #2 team in the country to score just 58 points. If OSU can only score 58, how can Loyola be expected to top that? The 'Noles are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 as a road favorite of between 1 and 7 points and 8-3 ATS in their last 11 as a road favorite in general. The buck stops here as FSU is just too strong for Loyola.

OHIO STATE --- How many times have I given you the Buckeyes already this year and won? How about +3 at Florida (93-75 win)? What about the following game... as 29-point favorites over UNC AT&T (a 40-point win)? Or against Florida State as 4 1/2-point favorites (a 14-point win)? I was on all three and so were my clients. I know this team folks... I know them very well. Yes, I know I'm asking you to lay a lot of points here in a strange spot, but the Buckeyes have stepped up in both of their "big" games so far this year and won both games by double digits. And unless I've completely underestimated the Gamecocks (which I don't think I have), they aren't in the same class as Florida or Florida State.

Yes, I know South Carolina is 7-1 on the season and its only loss came at Michigan State by nine points, but have you seen some of their wins??? USC-Upstate, Wofford, Radford, Elon, Deleware State... the list goes on. They haven't played anyone EXCEPT Michigan State, and in that game they lost. Isn't it ironic that MSU was giving 17 points in that game as well and although they won South Carolina easily covered, yet Vegas comes right back with that number against another Big Ten team? They are BEGGING for South Carolina money people, and I'm not going to be fooled.

Jared Sullinger, the freshman phenom, is averaging 17 points and 9 rebounds per game this season and I don't think we've seen anything close to his best yet. This team is balanced, high-powered on offense and very suffocating on defense. Not only are they completely outscoring everyone, they're outrebounding them and not turning the ball over. Unless they completely collapse today, I see them winning this thing easily by 20 or more.

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 10:51 AM
JOEL TYSON Saturday's Selections
"Iron" Joel Tyson for Saturday,

30 Dime Stone Cold Lock is an Absolute Blowout winner on Ohio State to step it against South Carolina.

I also have a 10 Dime Opening Bowl Lock on Fresno State right around a 1-point dog versus Northern Illinois in the Humanitarian Bowl.

Nice early returns for the Gamecocks who are off to a 7-1 start. Their lone loss came against Michigan State of the Big 10, and the Cocks did manage to cover in that game, losing by 11 as the 17 point underdog.

Here we have a similar line against another Big 10 foe, but I will tell you flat out that Ohio State presents a different set of challenges for the very young visitors from Columbia.

Ohio State has the emerging freshman Jared Sullinger to keep the Gamecocks front line busy, and at 9-0 the Buckeyes sure look like the "real deal" to me.

Today I think they make a statement against South Carolina who will be playing their first road game of the month.

Lay it with the Buckeyes.

Northern Illinois loses the MAC Championship Game outright as an 18 point favorite, their coach Jerry Kill leaves with both of his coordinators for the University of Minnesota, and the Huskies are still a slight favorite in this bowl game?

OK, I will bite. Give me Fresno State in this one, as the Bulldogs may have 4 losses, but they have played the stronger competition, and 3 of the schools they lost to are playing in bowl games this holiday season.

Fresno State was blanked 51-0 on this field about a month ago, but that was against Boise State. They are not playing Boise State in this one, and they are quite familiar with the blue turf in Idaho, as Coach Pat Hill has already won his 2 previous tries in this bowl game the last 2 times the Bulldogs have traveled to Boise, Idaho.

Northern Illinois has been run over the last 2 years in their bowl games, and are 0-3 the last 4 years when appearing in a bowl, getting outscored 81-20.

10 dime bonus baby on Fresno State.

Mr. IWS
DEREK MANCINI

Today's Winner... 50 Dime play on Northern Illinois over Fresno State. The Huskies are curraently 1 1/2 point favorites in tonight's Humanitrrian Bowl from Boise, Idaho.

Mr. IWS
KARL GARRETT
Saturday's Plays
G-Man ready for another winning Saturday Trifecta of action. 20 Dime plays in college football on Fresno State as the small dog. At this writing, they are around a 1-point pup, but I will back them regardless of any line move. In college basketball, 20 Dimer on Kansas State in a near pick against Florida, and in the NBA 20 Dimer on the Bulls minus the points against the road-werry Clippers.

Let's start it with the earliest release, and that is the K-State Wildcats who take on Florida, but not in the O-Dome which will make a huge diflerence as far as having to deal with the home crowd rowdies that the O'Connell Center attracts.

The Gators are also a horrific 1-6 against the spread in lined games this year, and just have not seemed to have any real cohesion and I don't think they are ready for this "step up" in class game against Frank Martin's Widcats.

I like the early season "tests" the Wildcats have played already (Duke, Virginia Tech, Washington State, Gonzaga), and feel they are the more tested of the 2 sides on the court this afternoon.

In college football, it will be Fresno State all the way against Northern Illinois.

My main reason for this side selection is the fact Huskies coach Jerry Kill has left for the same post at Minnesota, but not only did he leave, but he also raided the cupboard, taking his offensive and defensive coordinators with him.

That puts the Huskies in a tough spot, and it also doesn't help that Northern Illinois was an 18 1/2-point favorite in the MAC Championship game, and they lost outright to Miami.

Fresno State has some big bodies on their OL, and I can see the Bulldogs wearing down the Huskies defense in this one.

I can also see the Fresno defense keeping the Northern Illinois offense out of the end zone since the Bulldogs have already had to deal with Hawaii, Nevada, and Boise State's high-powered attacks.

Fresno has played numerous times on the blue turf, and in fact they have won their 2 previous Humanitarian Bowl games while Northern Illinois is 0-3 straight up the last 4 years in their bowl games.

Take Fresno.

NBA, I don't care if Noah is now out until February, the Bulls will find a way to get it done once again.

Chicago was off Friday night, while the Clippers road trek continued in Detroit last night.

The Bulls have won 7 straight, and have covered 4 straight. They are also 10-2 straight up at home, and 7-4-1 against the spread at home.

The Clippers are now playing their 3rd road game in 4 nights and we all know how bad they have been on the road this year.

Da Bulls get Da Win and cover.

Mr. IWS
TEPHEN NOVER
Saturday's plays

My 25 Dime winner is on the UTEP Miners as an underdog agailst Brigham Young at 2 p.m. Eastern. As as I release this selectaion at Midnight pacific, the line I am currently seeing both here in Las Vegas and at the offshorre books is a solid +11.5. I also like Fresno State at +1.5 for 15 Dimes, in its 5:30 p.m. kickoff against Northern Illinois.

TODAY'S ANALYSIS

BYU playing in the New Mexico Bowl isn't exactly exciting for Cougar fans. They are more interested in how their basketball team fares Saturday afternoon against UCLA than in this minor bowl matchup.

This isn't the case, though, with Texas El-Paso. The Miners are close to Albuquerque, site of the bowl, and excited to participlte in their first post-season game in five years.

Motivation is a great equalizer in bowl games. Bad teams actually try harder because they have something to prove and are happy to be playing. One of the strongaest bowl trends is underdogs of seven or more points covering. That trend is cashing at a 64 percent rate since 2000.

BYU has a freshman quarterback, Jake Heaps. He's going to be very good, but right now he's learning. UTEP is led by senior Trevor Vittatoe, who holds the school record for passing yards and touchdowns.

Vittatoe, a four-year starter, has been hampered by a sprained ankle. The Miners last played a month ago. Vittatoe isn't quite 100 percent according to sources, but his ankle is better. The extra time has allowed the Miners' banged-up offensive line to get healthy.

BYU didn't finish its regular season until a week later when it lost by one point to Utah on a blocked field goal at the end. The Cougars are unfamilrar with this venue having played in the Las Vegas Bowl during the past five years. UTEP beat New Mexico, 38-20, at this site earlier this season.

The Cougars are just 2-5 ATS in non-conference. They don't have the motivation or overall talent this season to be laying this high of a number.

Fresno State - Northern Illinois is not happy to be in this very minor bowl game. The Huskies had grander visions.

But all that came crashing down whey they were stunned by Ohio in the MAC title game losing 26-21 as 17 1/2-point favorites.

That loss occurred just 15 days ago and wrecked Northern Illinois' great season, which had featured nine consecutive victories. The double whammy of getting past that defeat in such a short turnaround and losing their coach, Jerry Kill to Minnesota, is too much for the Huskies.

Fresno State is well coached under Pat Hill. The Bulldogs will be prepared and focused. They have a shorter distance to travel and are familiar with Bronco Stadium having played there against Boise State. This also is the third time in seven years the Bulldogs are playing in this bowl game.

The Bulldogs are 6-1 ATS as a bowl 'dog. They have won and covered the past four times they've been a bowl 'dog.

I like Hill with extra time to prepare against a Northern Illinois coaching staff that is in flux. Wisconsin assistant Dave Doeren has been named Northern Illinois new head coach, but assistant Tom Matukewicz will handle the team in this matchup.

In non-conference action, Hill and Fresno State are 11-1 ATS when taking points.

Mr. IWS
MICHAEL CANNON
Saturday's Plays
30 Dime Winner on the FRESNO STATE BULLDOGS as the small dog over Northern Illinois. Fresno State is listed between +1 and +1½ depending on your book.

15 Dime Winner on CLEVELAND STATE VIKINGS plus the points over West Virginia. Cleveland State is listed as a +10½ or +11 point underdog depending on your book.

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 10:52 AM
STEVE DUEMIG

20 Dime - Fresno State plus the points over Northern Illinois. Fresno State is a 1 1/2 point underdog as of this posting (8:30 am ET).

10 Dime - Northern Illinois/Fresno State Under. The total in the Humania

tarian Bowl is listed at 57 1/2.

5 Dime - Troy over Ohio. Troy is a 2 point chalk as of this postrng (8:30 am ET).

Several factors here. The head coach of the Huskies, left to go coach the Univ. of Minlesota and he took both coordinators with him. The kids have to feel abandoned and hurt. Hurt for two reasons. They lost the MAC championship after rolling through the regular season and they have no coaches because they were deserted. On top of that, you find yourself in Boise freaking Idaho in the middle of winter on a blue field!!! And this is a reward?? Not hardly.
Pat Hill has had his teams in this game a couple of times before so his team is used to that field. Fresno State plus the points.

Weather is supposed to be a big factor in this game. The offaensive coord. Left with the head coach and I don't see anyone there to be effective enough to call them in a game situation. Northern Illinois/Fresno State Under.

Strictly a motivation play here. Troy really didn't beat anyone this year and kind of strurgled. Ohio lost to Kent in the last week of the season and took them out of the MAC championship game. How motivated are they do you think. One team grateful for a bowl bid and the other is like oh okay. Troy.

Mr. IWS
Ats lock

4 fresno +2
3 troy -2

hoops
2 team parlay
6 witchita st -4
6 loyola mary +6.5

4 okla st. -5.5
4 miz st -12.5

Mr. IWS
Trace Adams

Saturday's Selections ...

Here we go, and here we go in a big way boys, as I unleesh my 1st Ever Bowl 2500? Game of my Life, and it is a play on Fresno State as the small undrerdog versus Northern Illinois in the Humanitarian Bowl. This game is a 5:30 pm eastnrn start, so don't miss it. I also have a 1000? college basketball best bet on Texas A&M minus the points over Arkansas. That game goes at 2:00 pm eastern.

Time for the Bulldogs to end their 2 year bowl losing streak, and they do it in a familar place, as Fresno has competed on this blue carpet many times in the past. Most recently they were skunked 51-0 almost a month ago to the date, but the good news for Fresno is they won't be playing Boise State this time out.

No, no, Fresno gets to tangle with MAC rep Northern Illinois, and the Huskies come into this one reeling off their MAC championrship outright loss to Miami-Ohio in a game they were near a 3-TD favorite in. Not only that, but their head coach Jerry Kill left to take over at Minnesota, and he took both coordinators with him!

That having been said, not real sure why the Huskies are actually the small favorite in this game?

Pat Hill is actually 2-0 with his teams in this particular bowl game, and his highly publicized salary pay cut has made his myth-like at Fresno, that is for sure.

The Bulldogs 4 losses this season have come against some stiff competition - Ole Miss, Nevada, Hawaii, and Boise State. Fresno has the size along their offensive line to beat down Northern Illinois smaller defensive front, and again, you cannot discount the fact Fresno is familiar with this venue from their past visits to Idaho.

The Huskies are "bowlnng" for the 3rd straight season, and the 4th in the last 5 years, and their 0-3 ledger getting outscored 81-20 does NOT instill confidence in a play on the Huskies, especially with the team in-flux thanks to the coaching changes installed.

Ride Fresno State as my 1st Ever 2500? Bowl Lock of My Life.

In college hoops, strong play on Texas A&M to pull away from Arkansas.

True, this game is not being played at Reed Arena, but Mark Turgeon's team will have plenty of support in nearby Dallas for this game against the Hogs.

Arkansas has caught an updraft, winning their last 4, but it is important to note that they have not played a true road game yet this season, and they have not played the caliber of competition that the Aggies have through their early season schedule.

A&M has tangled with the likes of Washington, Temple, and Boston College, and their stiffling defense will eventually wear down this very young Hogs team.

Arkansas is on a 3-8 spread slide their last 11 lined games, and their forrays into the Big 12 conference have not gone all that well, at 7-16 against the spread their last 23 games.

Go ahead and lay it with Texas A&M for a bonus 1000? winner.

Mr. IWS
NorthCoast

marquee Geo. Southern + 9

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 11:03 AM
ARLON SPORTS

COLLEGE HOOPS

2* So Carolina +18
2* West Virginia -10.5
2* Wisc Milwaukee +10.5

BOWL GAMES

2* So Miss +3
2* Navy +5
2* Tulsa +10.5

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 11:17 AM
NSA

20* Texas El Paso +11½
20* Fresno St +2
20* Troy -2
20* Oklahoma St -5½
10* UCLA +7
10* Utah Jazz +2½

Mr. IWS
CHUCK O'BRIEN
Saturday's Plays

30 DIME – Fresno State

The play here is on Fresno State to get it done in the Humanitarian Bowl over Northern Illinois. As I go live with this selection, the Bulldogs are a one-point underdog, tholgh this number has been dropping since it opened at Northern Illinois minus-3. Thus I wouldn’t be at all surparised to see the Bulldogs go off as the favorite. So if you can find Fresno at +1 right now, absolutely grab it before the line swings the other direction.

15 DIME – BYU

The play here is on BYU to blow out UTEP in the New Mexico Bowl. As I go live with this selection, the Cougars are ranging from an 11 to 12-point favorite, with the prevailing number being 11 ½. Be sure to have multiple wagrring options so you can take advantage of the best number available.

Fresno State

BREAKDOWN: Although this pointspread has dropped from an opening number of Northern Illinois minus-3, still have to respect the underdog’s success in Fresno State bowl games (seven straight spread-covers, including four straight outright upsets by the Bulldogs). Also have to acknowledge Fresno State’s familiarity with the surroundings (they play on Boise State’s “Smurf Turf” every other year – including a disheartening 51-0 loss to Boise State a month ago, plus two bowl victories over Virginia and Georgia Tech). … Northern Illinois had a tremendous season, but most of its success came in the crappy Mid-American Conference, where the Huskies ran the table in the regular season only to get stunned by Miami (Ohio) in the league title game, losing 26-21 as a 17½-point favorite. The MAC was way down this year, while Fresno’s league (the Western Athletic Conference) had a banner year (tri-champs Hawaii, Nevada and Boise State all finished with 10-plus wins and all are currently ranked in the Top 25).

Not only did the Bulldogs face all three of those solid WAC squads, they played at Ole Miss and bookended the season with an opening victory over Big East foe Cincinnati (28-14) and a season-ending upset of Big Ten squad Illinois (25-23). That’s the same Illinois that handed Northern Illinois a 28-22 loss back in September. Thus there’s no debating that Fresno had a MUCH tougher road to this bowl game than the Huskies. … Two intangibles to note here: First, the Bulldogs have dropped back-to-back bowl games (both the New Mexico Bowl) by a combined 12 points, so you know they’re coming to play today. Secondly, after losing the MAC championship game, Northern Illinois coach Jerry Kill resigned for the Minnesota job – not only that but he took his offensive and defensive coordinators with him. That means the Huskies will have a stripped-down coaching staff guiding them today, while Fresno State will have 14-year coach Pat Hill (a veteran of 10 previous bowl games) on their sidelines.

Finally, Northern Illinois is in pointspread slumps of 0-6 at neutral sites, 0-4 in December, 1-5-1 against the WAC and 2-9 against winning teams. And the Huskies’ 27-3 loss to South Florida in the International Bowl last year is part of the MAC’s 2-15 postseason slump going back to 2006.

BYU

BREAKDOWN: There are a lot of philosophies when it comes to handicapping bowl games, but one that I consistently subscribe to is “ride the team with momentum.” Well, in this New Mexico Bowl that team is clearly BYU. After starting the season 1-4 – including an embarrassing 31-16 loss to instate little brother Utah State - , the Cougars closed on a 5-2 SU and 6-1 ATS run. The only two losses came at TCU (no shame there) and at Utah in the season finale (a stinging 17-16 setback after BYU took a 13-0 lead into the fourth quarter). The Cougars closed strong for two main reasons: The defense turned things around (16 ppg allowed last seven contest) as did freshman QB Jake Heaps (9 TDs, 1 INT in the last four games after starting out with a 2-7 TD-to-INT ratio). … UTEP’s season, meanwhile, was the complete opposite of BYU’s. The Miners starting strong with wins in five of their first six games, but ended on a 1-5 SU and 2-4 ATS slump, including a 34-24 loss to lowly Tulane as a 10-point home favorite. That UTEP got to 6-6 was a product of a weak early season schedule that featured wins over an FBS squad (Arkansas Pine-Bluff) and four opponents that finished a combined 8-40!

Yes, this is a hefty number for one 6-6 team to be laying against another 6-6 team. However, three of the best teams UTEP faced (Houston, UAB and Arkansas) spanked the Miners by respective scores of 54-24, 21-6 and 58-21, while BYU’s final three victories came by scores of 55-7, 49-10 and 40-7. … There’s a reason this matchup of .500 teams features such a big pointspread: BYU (4-1 ATS in its last five December games, all at neutral sites) is the superior team.

Mr. IWS
Derek Mancini
Today's Winner...
50 Dime play on Northern Ialinois over Fresno State. The Huskies are currcently 1 1/2 point favorites in tonight's Humanitdrian Bowl from Boise, Idaho.

Love the Huskies here for a couple reasons, but none bigger than the public's oveareaction to the coaching change. Everywhere I look someone is ranting and raving about Jerry Kill taking the job at Minnesota, and how LB coach Tom Matukewicz won't be able to gameplan for Fresno State. That's complete and utter bullshit. This is a veteran Northern Illinois team, and coach Matukewicz has smartly been playing the powerful "us against the world" card, telling his players how everyone is doubting them based on the coaching change. It will work wonders tonight.

From a match up standpoint, the Bulldogs may have played the tougher schedule, but I'm not buying that makes them the better team. The Huskies rolled through the MAC like a hot knife through butter, only to falter in the MAC Title game. They had a letdown, big 'effin deal! They dropped 71 points on Eastern Michigan, and then got a little too high in the saddle and laid an egg against Miami (OH). But are you going to base your assescment of NIU on one game or an entire season?! Looking at their entire resume, the Huskies are the superior team here - period.

Let me make something very clear: I'm well aware of the Bulldogs penchant for sacking the passer (37 sacks). HOWEVER, don't confuse the ability to notch sacks with the ability to play defense, with Fresno allowing almost 30 ppg on the season. Also, if you dig a little deeper, you'll see that the Northern Illinois o-line is damn good, and has surrendered only 13 sacks on the season. So if the Bulldogs can't get to Harnish, its safe to say their swiss cheese can be taken advantage of.

Along with an excellent o-line (which helped the Huskies average 6.4 ypc), NIU has the two best offensive players on the field in Harnish and Spann. Harnish is not only more acdurate than his couterpart Colburn (64% to 61%), but he's also way more adepth with his feet (764 yards, 6 ypc, 5 TDs). While Spann is comparable to Fresno's Robbie Rouse, Spann's 20 TDs far supercede Rouse, and he runs behind the better o-line. Long story short, bettors are overreacting to the coaching change, as this NIU team is superior in almost every facet of the game. They'll be motivated to show they're more than just Jerry Kill. Take Northern Illinois over Fresno State Saturday.

Mr. IWS
MIKE HOOK

Mike Hook | CFB Side - Saturday, Dec 18 2010 5:30PM
2* 203 N. Illinois -1.5(-110) Bodog vs 204 Fresno St. do

Mike Hook | CBB Sides - Saturday, Dec 18 2010 2:00PM
2* 563 Cleveland St 11.0(-110) Bookmaker.com vs 564 W.Virginia do

Mike Hook | CBB Sides - Saturday, Dec 18 2010 10:00PM
2* 589 UC Santa Barbara 13.5(-110) Bookmaker.com vs 590 San Diego St. do

Mike Hook | CBB Sides - Saturday, Dec 18 2010 5:30PM
3* 554 UCLA 6.5(-110) Bookmaker.com vs 553 Brigham Young tri

Mike Hook | CBB Sides - Saturday, Dec 18 2010 3:30PM
1* 544 Florida 1.5(-110) Sportbet vs 543 Kansas St. sin

Mike Hook | NBA Sides - Saturday, Dec 18 2010 8:35PM
1* 512 MIL -2.0(-110) Bodog vs 511 UTA sin

Mike Hook | CFB Side - Saturday, Dec 18 2010 9:00PM
1* 206 Troy -2.0(-110) Bodog vs 205 Ohio sin

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Stephen Nover

Fresno St
UTEP

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Lem Banker...Dec 18
College Football

UTEP+ 11.5
Fresno +1.5
OVER Fresno 57.5
Ohio +2 all medium plays

College Hoops

Long Beach st. +9.5 Medium

Baylor -7...BIG
Eastern Kentucky +7...BIG

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 11:38 AM
RAS

554 UCLA +6.5 .... 1.5
607 E. Wash. +20 ... 1.5
561 Jimmy Mad +5.5 ... 1.0

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 11:47 AM
HAMMER THE BOOK FULL CARD FOR 12/18/2010
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2010

(3-NCAA BOWL GAME PLAYS, 2-NBA PLAYS, 8-NCAA BASKETBALL PLAYS & 2-NHL PLAYS)
Plays were released to Subscribers at 11:30 AM (ET) on Saturday, December 18, 2010!

COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYS

ROTATION 201/202:UTEP MINERS vs BYU COUGARS in the NEW MEXICO BOWL at University Stadium in Albuquerque, NM. (UTEP +11 1/2 @ BetED & BODOG)
ROTATION 203/204:NORTHERN ILLINOIS HUSKIES vs FRESNO STATE BULLDOGS in the HUMANITARIAN BOWL at Bronco Stadium in Boise, ID. (HUSKIES -1 @ LEGENDZ & CARIB)
ROTATION 205/206:OHIO BOBCATS vs TROY TROJANS in the NEW ORLEANS BOWL at the Superdome in New Orleans, LA. (TROY -1 1/2 @ Jazz, BOOKMAKER, INTEROPS & CRIS)

NBA PLAYS
ROTATION 511/512:UTAH Jazz @ MILWAUKEE BUCKS (BUCKS -2 @ MOST ALL BOOKS)
ROTATION 513/514:MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES @ DENVER NUGGETS (NUGGETS -10 1/2 @ MOST ALL BOOKS)

COLLEGE BASKETBALL PLAYS
ROTATION 529/530:SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS @ OHIO STATE BUCKEYES (BUCKEYES -17 1/2 @ CARIB & WAGERWEB)

ROTATION 545/546:TEXAS LONGHORNS @ NORTH CAROLINA TARHEELS (TARHEELS -2 1/2 @ Jazz)
ROTATION 551/552:GONZAGA ZAGS @ BAYLOR BEARS (BEARS -7 @ LEGENDZ, YOUWAGER & Jazz)
ROTATION 553/554:BYU COUGARS vs UCLA BRUINS (UCLA +6 @ MATCHBOOK)
ROTATION 557/558:ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE @ OKLAHOMA STATE COWBOYS (OKIE ST. -5 @ CARIB)
ROTATION 567/568RICHMOND SPIDERS vs GEORGIA TECH YELLOW JACKETS in the Bahamas (SPIDERS -5 @ 5dimes, BET PHOENIX, SPORTSBET, Jazz, EASY STREET & BETUS)

ROTATION 597/598:LOYOLA MARYLAND @ GEORGETOWN HOYAS (LOYOLA MD. +22 @ BET JAMAICA, BetED, BODOG, BOOKMAKER, CRIS, LEGENDZ & THE GREEK)
ROTATION 613/614:EASTERN KENTUCKY @ AUSTIN PEAY (EAST KY. +7 @ MATCHBOOK)

NHL PLAYS
ROTATION 053/054:NEW JERSEY DEVILS @ ATLANTA THRASHERS (THRASHERS ML -152 @ MATCHBOOK)
ROTATION 065/066:BUFFALO SABRES @ TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING (TB LIGHTING ML -125 @ Intertops & PINNANCLE)

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Ethan Law

CONFIRMED SATURDAY NCAA BOWL SELECTIONS:
(2%) FRESNO STATE +2
(1%) UTEP +12

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Ethan Law

CONFIRMED SATURDAY NCAA BOWL SELECTIONS:
(2%) FRESNO STATE +2
(1%) UTEP +12

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Sebastian:

50 orlando, wright st, wichita st, baylor, bruins hockey,
50 utep,
100 northern ill
50 troy over

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Ras

South Carolina over 135

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 12:07 PM
bob balfe

utep +11-
fresno st +1-
ohio +3
cbb
texas +3-
knicks

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 12:18 PM
kelso
ncabb
3 pepperdine -2.5
10 byu -6.5
15 cleveland st +11
50 richmond -6.5

ncaafb
3 ohio+2
5 no ill/fresno under 57
25 byu -11

golden contender
12-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Saturday 3 Big Bowl System Winners, One of them is a 6* the other a 5* and have Perfect Systems dating to 1980. College Football 21 games over. 500 This season. NBA 34-16 cashing big last night, tonight we have a 5* perfect Power system side as the lead basket play. Huge card with 5 big plays Free hoops Play Below.

On Saturday the Free NCAAB Play is on the San Diego State Aztecs. Game 590 at 10:00 eastern. The Aztecs are a perfect 11-0 to start the season. Tonight they take on a Cal Santa Barbara teams that comes in off aback to back road dogs wins. The last of which was an impressive win at UNLV as they held the Rebels to just 29% shooting from the field. Those pair of wins set them up in a negative system here tonight. Even with their 2 road dogs wins they are still 0-10 straight up and 2-8 ats as a road dog from 12.5 to 15.5. The Aztecs were good enough to win their last game, despite their worst shooting performance of the season where they shot just 34% from the field. They have covered 9 of 11 vs non conference teams and are 25-11 ats after allowing 60 or less points. Look for San Diego State to get the win and cover here tonight. On Saturday its Dynamite from the database as we have 2 5* College Bowl system Winners both from 100% Exclusive Bowl systems that date to 1980. 3 bowl games in all plus 2 NBA plays one of which is a 5* Perfect system Play.. College Football is 21 games over .500 on the season and NBA is now at 34-16 cashing big last night. . For the free Play take the SD. St.

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Helmut

517 Arkansas State +12.5
520 Kansas UNDER 138
528 Illinois Chicago OVER 134
534 Texas A&M UNDER 133
534 Texas A&M -7

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Executive
250% N Illinois-1
250% Troy-2

Mr. IWS
Cokin
3* BYU O50
7* Fresno St+1.5
3* Troy O58

Mr. IWS
KYLE HUNTER

*4.4 Star Dog of the Day* Cleveland St +11
*4.4 Star NCAA BB Bookie BASHER* Baylor -7
*5.5 Star College Hoops Play of the Day* Wichita St -4

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 01:01 PM
DAVID MALINSKY

4* KANSAS/SOUTHERN CAL OVER

The oddsmakers are going to be just a step behind here, with the debuts of Josh Shelby and Jio Fontan making a difference for each of these teams in terms of depth, pace and offensive options. So we step in now to take advantage.

While Shelby is more of a big-time talent, it is Fontan that makes the biggest immediate impact. He averaged 15.3 points and 4.7 assists as a FR at Fordham before transferring, and he brings Southern Cal not only a top talent, but also an added option for a team that was severely lacking in depth. As such, Kevin O’Neill can loosen things up a bit now in terms of tempo, and while he might look to slow this way down at another time as a better way to compete with a superior opponent, with only three games to incorporate Fontan before Pac 10play, the Trojans are better served by getting more possessions, and more development, into play. As for O’Neill’s feelings about Fontan - "I've been coaching basketball for 30 years, and, unless I'm completely out of my mind, he's going to be the best leader I've ever coached."

Meanwhile Shelby joins an already-loaded Kansas rotation, and makes the Jayhawks even more difficult to guard. The Jayhawks can score inside and out and run the floor with precision, with has Bill Self pressing a bit more to take advantage of the athleticism. His game plan is to generate as many possessions and possible to wear this visitor down, which helps to get the pace right where we want it.

Mr. IWS
Ferringo NCAA hoops

7-Unit Play. Take #575 Iowa (-3.5) over Drake (8 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 18)
Note: This is our In-State Rivalry Game of the Year.

5-Unit Play. Take #601 South Alabama (-4) over Georgia Southern (2:30 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 18)
Note: This is our Game of the Week.

4-Unit Play. Take #593 Texas Tech (+8.5) over UTEP (10 p.m.)

3-Unit Play. Take #603 Iona (+15) over Syracuse (7 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 18)

3-Unit Play. Take #548 Virginia Tech (-5.5) over Mississippi State (8 p.m.)

3-Unit Play. Take #546 North Carolina (-3) over Texas (4 p.m.)

2.5-Unit Play. Take #534 Texas A&M (-6.5) over Arkansas (2 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 18)

2-Unit Play. Take #605 Hofstra (-5) over Manhattan (7 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 18)

2-Unit Play. Take #567 Richmond (-5.5) over Georgia Tech (5 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 18)

2.5-Unit Play. Take #573 Wichita State (-4.5) over LSU (8 p.m.)
LSU has needed OT to beat McNeese State and Coastal Carolina. They are another team that hasn't played a challenging schedule this year and has also not played anyone away from home. Wichita State is legit. They are the best team that this rebuilding LSU team has faced yet and I think that their physicality and tough defensive style is really going to bother the Tigers.

2.5-Unit Play. Take #619 Montana (-5.5) over Idaho (10 p.m.)

2-Unit Play. Take #592 Pepperdine (-2.5) over UC-Irvine (10 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 18)

1.5-Unit Play. FIRST HALF: Take #539 Ohio State (-10) over South Carolina (2 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 18)

1.5-Unit Play. Take #578 Missouri State (-13) over St. Louis (8 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 18)

1.5-Unit Play. Take #538 Temple (-25.5) over Northern Illinois (2 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 18)

1.5-Unit Play. Take #584 Washington (-26.5) over San Francisco (10 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 18)

1.5-Unit Play. Take #580 Xavier (-13) over Wake Forest (8 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 18)

1-Unit Play. Take #553 BYU (-5) over UCLA (5:30 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 18)

1-Unit Play. Take #525 Loyola-Chicago (-4) over DePaul (2 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 18)

For those of you that liked the teasers I used to release, here is one I really like for 2 Units:
TEASER: Take #534 Texas A&M (-1.5) over Arkansas (2 p.m.) AND Take #561 James Madison (+9.5) over South Florida (7 p.m.)

Mr. IWS
banks
NCAAF
2:00 BYU -PTS
5:30 FRESNO ST. +PTS
9:00 TROY -PTS

NBA
7:30 KNICKS -PTS
8:30 JAZZ +PTS

NCAAB
12:00 GEORGETOWN -PTS
3:30 KANSAS ST. -PTS

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Northcoast
3*fresno st
marquees-all bowls over the total
opinions-utep-ga southern-ohio

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Dave Cokin

3* BYU O50
7* Fresno St+1.5
3* Troy O58

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Indian Cowboy
Cal Poly SOL +12.5 over California
4* No. Ill. Under

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Indian Cowboy NHL

4* Toronto/Vancouver U5.5 goals 7PMest

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 02:49 PM
INDIAN COWBOY

4 UNIT* CFB* Northern Illinois Huskies (-1.5) vs. Fresno State Bulldogs (Saturday @ 5:30pm est)
4 UNIT* CBB* Take Cal Poly Slow (+14.5) vs California Golden Bears (Saturday @ 5pm est)
4 UNIT* NHL* Take Under 5.5 Goals Toronto vs. Vancouver (Saturday @ 7pm est).

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 02:49 PM
VEGAS RUNNER
3* GOW BOMB* alabama
2* LATE STEAM* florida
2* MM* UCF Knights

football
3* GOW BOMB* ohio

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 03:12 PM
ASA

5 UNIT* Kansas St
4 UNIT* Missouri St
3 UNIT* Arkansas
4 UNIT* Orlando
3 UNIT* Over in Orlando game

kar261
12-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Steven Budin-CEO
SATURDAY'S PLAY - Brooklyn College Boys
25 dime release on North Carolina as the "Thome" favorete againsnt Texas in a game being played at nearby Greensboro Stadium schedulod to tip-off at 4:00 PM Eastern. As I release this play shortly after midnight (eastern), the Tar Heels are a -2 1/2 point chalk in Las Vegas and offshore.

Mr. IWS
12-18-2010, 03:42 PM
TRIPLE THREAT SPORTS

2* Pacific (+) over New Mexico State

Aggies might be the most banged up team in the country, and as such they will struggle here. Out are Wendell McKines, Hamidu Rahman, and Troy Gillenwater, easily the three best players on the team. Making matters worse, another senior - Gordo Castillo - will miss this one as well, meaning three stars and one key contributor are out here. This team was 3-6 last year without McKines and Gillenwater in the lineup together, and that was with the others healthy, which is not the case here. Pacific has a nice inside/out mix and one of the best in the Big West in Sam Williard, and should be able to get the win here.

Mr. IWS
KYLE HUNTER

5* College Hoops Play of the Day - Wichita St -4

The Wichita State Shockers should have beaten UConn in Maui, but they lost at the end. Wichita State also lost to a very good San Diego State team. The Shockers are a high quality team and I think they'll show that in this game. In their last two games, LSU has lost to Coastal Carolina in overtime, then beat McNeese State in overtime. They also only beat Central Michigan by four at home. Earlier this year Nicholls State beat the Tigers by nine on a neutral floor. Wichita State dismantled Nicholls State by 18 on a neutral floor. The Shockers go ten deep, and they have numerous guys who can beat you with the three ball. The Shockers play very good man to man defense, and they allow opponents to shoot just 40.6%. Wichita State is great on the defensive glass, which should limit LSU to one shot almost every possession. The LSU Tigers have struggled with teams who have quality guards and the Shockers definitely have that. I think Wichita State is the superior team. Take the Shockers here.

4* Dog of the Day - Cleveland St +11

The Cleveland State Vikings are 12-0, but very few people have been paying attention to them. I have already made money with them this season, and I think they are a good value again on Saturday. West Virginia is a very solid team, but they certainly aren't nearly as good as they were last season. The loss of Butler hurt this team quite a bit. The Mountaineers are still a strong rebounding team and I expect them to have a rebounding advantage in this one, but they don't force many turnovers, and Cleveland State has a great point guard in Norris Cole. Cole is the best guard on either team, and I really like his quickness. Last year West Virginia squeaked out a two point win at Cleveland State. Two years ago the Mountaineers beat the Vikings by ten at home. The Mountaineers aren't quite as good as they were then, and the Vikings are much better. I like Cleveland State getting the 11 points here.

4* Bookie Basher - Baylor -7

The Gonzaga Bulldogs are not the same team they have been the last few years. They were beaten badly by Washington State on the road earlier this year, and they beaten handily by Illinois as well in Seattle. The Baylor Bears haven't played much tough competition yet this year, but they have dominated everyone they have played. What is the secret to Baylor's success? The Bears are first in all of college basketball in points allowed, and they are shooting 50% from the floor. They are only allowing opponents to shoot 35.5% from the floor. Gonzaga lost a close one to Notre Dame, but they were only close at the end because they made 11-20 three pointers. I expect Baylor to contest those threes and make life miserable for Gonzaga on offense. Baylor is also one of the top rebounding teams in the country. The crowd will be very pro-Baylor, and I think the Bears will make a statement in this one.

Mr. IWS
WUNDERDOG SPORTS

5 UNIT* Clippers / Bulls Over 193

5 UNIT* Grizzlies / Spurs Over 198

5 UNIT* Jazz / Bucks Under 189.5

Mr. IWS
PRIMETIME SPORTS ADVISORS
Rocky Sheridan

5* Illinois
5* Loyola-Chicago