PDA

View Full Version : testing waters, anybody think it could be a good idea?

trotterz
01-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Hi guys,
On a side note, I am french, my english is not perfect so if you have difficulty to understand what I am saying, please let me know
I am just wondering if anybody here could be interested in this.
I have been betting on sports online for the past 3,5 years. I knwo for sure that the lines are moving EXTREMELY fast when they get out.
I am kind of tired of waiting for a certain line to get out and when I finally see it, I see on here that one of you guys got it for -250 but right now the line is at -330 just 4 hours later.

So here is my idea, don't know if anybody here has free text messages but I do. It could be nice to have let's say a couple of guys (about 10 or 20 people let's say) to send us each other text messages as soon as new lines are getting out, so we don,t miss it. The first one to see the line just text everyone else. I would never ask that on sherdog because there is to many people and to many stupid people that could do crap with my phone number but since here we are not so many people, it could eb really interesting.
Let me know what you think

MMA_scientist
01-25-2011, 02:14 PM
or you could just follow bestfightodds.com on twitter. They send out a tweet when the lines break.

http://twitter.com/bestfightodds

Mr. IWS
01-25-2011, 02:14 PM
In 4 lulz.

trotterz
01-25-2011, 02:24 PM
No clue how twitter works, will have to look at it tonight

MMA_scientist
01-25-2011, 02:34 PM
No clue how twitter works, will have to look at it tonight

I don't either, but I know they basically send out a mass text message telling you the lines have opened

Luke
01-25-2011, 02:39 PM
I get texts when the lines open at books but not once have I used it . I really could careless about getting the opening line(in MMA) for the most part, usually lines come out 3-6 months in advance and I havent even looked at the fight yet. If the line has moved too high by the time I've got around to looking at it I just pass

trotterz
01-25-2011, 02:50 PM
I get texts when the lines open at books but not once have I used it . I really could careless about getting the opening line(in MMA) for the most part, usually lines come out 3-6 months in advance and I havent even looked at the fight yet. If the line has moved too high by the time I've got around to looking at it I just pass

Well usually the lines opens 3-4 months in advance only for main event or co-main event fights, for the fights of the premilinary card, you usually only get the lines 2 days before the fights ant it moves fast. A lot faster than bigger fights because there is less money played on those fights
EX: If you place a bet of 300$ on a fight like silva/belfort, the line will probably move from -265/+205 to -270/+210
But if you bet the same amount on a priliminary card fight the line could move from -265/+205 to -315/+255. usually you can only bet 50$ maximum per bet on a small fight becasue after only 50$, the line is moving.
This is why You better get the line before it moves.

Anyway, thank you for the info, I'll see what twitter is about tonight, it should work enough for my needs.

Svino
01-25-2011, 11:50 PM
I actually set up twitter exclusively for getting the bestfightodds notifications. I also had to use Tweetymail, since I want it to email me and not text me.