Luke
03-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Paul Daley -Nick Diaz

Gilbert Melendez -Tatsuya Kawajiri

Gegard Mousasi and Mike Kyle

Aoki also on the card

edman5555
03-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Paul Daley was just saying in an interview that he wanted to fight during the summer so that he could get in shape to fight Nick. He though April would be too soon.

MMA_scientist
03-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Solid card. But if SF bails out of the HW tourney, they fail at MMA promotion.

MMA_scientist
03-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Daley is probably going to whup Nick's ass. Tough matchup for Diaz.

Ludo
03-01-2011, 09:08 PM
That was quick. What'r the odds Daley doesn't make weight for this?

edman5555
03-01-2011, 09:10 PM
I agree with you Scientist. I could see Daley losing if he runs out of steam though, Nick might catch up to him.

Ludo
03-01-2011, 09:17 PM
I don't know. Diaz has proven a more than proficient striker these days. He definitely hasn't faced anyone with the kind of explosive punching power of Daley in a very long time, at least not one with the ability to hit him with it.

SPX
03-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Why are we thinking Nick won't just take him down and sub him?

edman5555
03-01-2011, 09:26 PM

Cokers talking about september and december for the semi finals. If he is really waiting 7 months to do this it is a failure already. It will have lost steam by then.

Luke
03-01-2011, 09:36 PM

Supposedly they are moving Barnett-Rogers ,Overeem-Werdum to June in Dallas

Luke
03-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Why are we thinking Nick won't just take him down and sub him?

I dont know about everyone else but I thought that should have been the plan again Cyborg and Noons and since he didnt take either of them down I'm not sure he's going to be able to do it with Daley , at least not that easily .

MMA_scientist
03-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Daley has pretty good TD defense. Diaz has weak takedowns. I don't think Diaz could take him down even if he wanted to, which he probably won't want to anyway.

zY|
03-01-2011, 09:59 PM
I think Diaz can win. Daley is pretty sloppy despite all his power and you can frustrate him if you stick a jab in his face (see Nick Thompson fight). I agree that Nick probably won't be taking him down, not early at least. Diaz has a monster chin too. I'm not sure Daley will be able to finish him unless he lands hard and often. If Daley doesn't win early he's not going to win. Tough fight for both guys I think.

edman5555
03-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Daley has some pretty extreme power. I don't think Diaz can take too many hard hard shots from him without going down like everyone else. On the other hand I could see diaz avoiding those punches and outworking daley to win a decision.

Mr. IWS
03-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Card looks solid. Love the Diaz/Daley fight. I think Diaz weathers the storm for a few rounds, and wins late 4th or 5th round via sub.

poopoo333
03-02-2011, 10:07 AM
I agree with Zak

poopoo333
03-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Shinya Aoki vs. Lyle Beerbohm Set for Strikeforce on April 9th (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/3/7/2034434/shinya-aoki-vs-lyle-beerbohm-set-for-strikeforce-on-april-9th)

MMA_scientist
03-07-2011, 10:07 AM
^ I like that fight, I could see Beerbohm taking that. SF is putting together some solid cards. I really hope they get that tourney done, this could be a breakout year for them.

edman5555
03-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Yeah I am not that impressed with Shinya though he is a wildcard because he really will go for the submission.

Thewisemann
03-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Im thinking Diaz/Daley could be a pick em. I need to re-watch a couple fights first.

Thewisemann
03-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Anybody have links to Diaz/Noons 2, Daley/ Kos, Daley /Shields and Daley /Thompson??

zY|
03-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Anybody have links to Diaz/Noons 2, Daley/ Kos, Daley /Shields and Daley /Thompson??

Diaz/Noons 2

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=Q1UC1YML

Daley/Shields

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x705f9_elitexc-heat-jake-shields-vs-paul-d_sport

Daley/Thompson

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=5TUMTZ32

Thewisemann
03-07-2011, 08:18 PM
thanks

Luke
03-07-2011, 10:01 PM
I was not impressed with Beerbohm just a few weeks ago

poopoo333
03-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Opening line:
-300 Diaz
+220 Daley

poopoo333
03-20-2011, 05:02 PM
1u on Daley @+220

SPX
03-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Bookmaker continues to be full of fail today I see.

poopoo333
03-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Bookmaker continues to be full of fail today I see.

5dimes is releasing a lot today. I've kept the window up occasionally refreshing because they open with lines that shift before BFO even announces them. I wouldn't doubt it if Aoki/Beerbohm, Garcia/Zombie lines come out today too

SPX
03-20-2011, 05:07 PM
I really need to refund my 5d account, but they won't take my credit card and I've never done the whole Western Union thing.

poopoo333
03-20-2011, 05:12 PM
I really need to refund my 5d account, but they won't take my credit card and I've never done the whole Western Union thing.

The WU thing is pretty simple. When I load my 5dimes account I just use my Visa Walmart money card.

SPX
03-20-2011, 05:15 PM
The WU thing is pretty simple. When I load my 5dimes account I just use my Visa Walmart money card.

They won't take any of that shit from me because they said I didn't answer their stupid ass security questions right. Fucking questions like what I was doing on Thursday, May 24, 1986. So now it's Western Union or nothing.

poopoo333
03-20-2011, 05:17 PM
lol, Diaz/Daley line is crazy. It went from -300/+220 to -165/+125 to -170/+145 to -230/+170 to -300/+220 to -245/+175

SPX
03-20-2011, 05:18 PM
I would take Diaz at -165, but Daley at +220.

poopoo333
03-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Yeah +220 is nice. I am kind of expecting to lose so I might try to arb/get free money like I did for Schaub/Cro Cop last night.

Luke
03-20-2011, 06:09 PM
lol, Diaz/Daley line is crazy. It went from -300/+220 to -165/+125 to -170/+145 to -230/+170 to -300/+220 to -245/+175

It probably only takes 100 to move a line that much lol

Luke
03-20-2011, 06:20 PM
By the way that Diaz line is just plain stupid , no way he should be -300

poopoo333
03-20-2011, 06:21 PM
By the way that Diaz line is just plain stupid , no way he should be -300

Yep that's why I took Daley. I am probably going to let it ride actually. I think it was a great deal.

Luke
03-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Fucking questions like what I was doing on Thursday, May 24, 1986. So now it's Western Union or nothing.

What the heck?

Just run to rite aid ,walmart or a gas station and send a western union

Thewisemann
03-20-2011, 09:36 PM
Daley was a steal @+220, probably a no bet for me now.

poopoo333
03-23-2011, 11:25 AM
http://www.bestfightodds.com/events/374.png (http://www.bestfightodds.com)

poopoo333
03-23-2011, 04:05 PM
What do you guys think of these new lines? I thought the Aoki line might be steeper but I am staying away from betting on that little crybaby retarded jap. Does Kyle have any shot at beating Mousasi?

Luke
03-23-2011, 04:25 PM
I think all the lines are set pretty good I really dont see any off lines. I'll have to start looking at the fights

Mr. IWS
03-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Does Kyle have any shot at beating Mousasi?

I got a weird feeling about that one. I can see Kyle knocking him out.

MMA_scientist
03-24-2011, 09:16 AM
I could see Kyle winning. It should be a kickboxing match, and Kyle is a lot bigger.

I also think Kawajiri could beat Melendez. Kawajiri could take him down.

Thewisemann
03-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Kawajiri 1u @+180
Daley 1u @+170

Thewisemann
03-24-2011, 10:29 AM
I give Diaz the edge, but I also think he is too confident in his chin, and one of these days someone is gonna make him pay, that someone could be Daley. Plus I doubt Diaz can get this too the mat.
Kawajiri may outwrestle Melendez, so its worth a play IMO

MMA_scientist
03-24-2011, 10:32 AM
I think Daley is worth a bet too. Diaz vs. Daley in what will basically be a kickboxing match (most likely). I haven't seen anyone hang with Daley yet standing, but I have only seen him fight a handful of times).

trotterz
03-24-2011, 11:06 AM
I think Diaz vs. Noons 2 could give you a good idea about how the fight will play out

MMA_scientist
03-24-2011, 11:27 AM
That was a close fight, and some people think Noons won. Daley also has more power and speed than Noons IMO.

SPX
03-24-2011, 11:52 AM
I haven't seen anyone hang with Daley yet standing, but I have only seen him fight a handful of times).

Nick Thompson

MMA_scientist
03-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Never seen that one, did Thompson beat him standing?

SPX
03-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Never seen that one, did Thompson beat him standing?

Give it a look:

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Paul_Daley_vs_Nick_Thompson_MFC_20?vid=10003482

MMA_scientist
03-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Thanks for posting that.

That does not give me a lot of confidence in Diaz's striking. Daley dropped hime (Thompson) in the first. He looked like he gassed out and Thompson started to take over, but a lot of the decision was probably based on the ground work. What I did take away from that is that Diaz is probably a lock for rounds 4 and 5 if it goes that long.

edman5555
03-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Daley said earlier this year that he wanted more time before his shittle tot because he needed to get in shape. I prob wont be betting it for that reason.

Mr. IWS
03-24-2011, 04:46 PM
shittle tot

LOL

alves.jpg

Thewisemann
03-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Daley didnt gas vs Kos, and that was mostly wrestling.

MMA_scientist
03-24-2011, 05:03 PM

I don't know... he was not defending those takedowns at the end at all. He was just flopping down in defeat IIRC.

Luke
03-24-2011, 07:25 PM

That was also 3 rounds

Thewisemann
03-24-2011, 09:01 PM
i dont think Daley willgas standing if he is in the same shape he was vs Kos

poopoo333
03-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Kawajiri is worth a bet imo. He is close to +200 and it's probably going to be a very evenly matched and close fight.

edman5555
03-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Well I am pissed because I sucked last night and lost all my winnins from friday night. I do not like any of these bets because I can see ways for both guys to win. All the dogs look live. I kinda don't like that. I prefer it when I can look at a fight and say "this guy should definetly win"

Svino
03-27-2011, 04:10 PM
I don't know what I'm going to bet, but offhand I like most of the favorites. At current odds, I like Diaz, Melendez, Aoki, and maybe Kyle as a dog.

Diaz hasn't shown many signs of weakness recently at all, especially in the way he beat the crap out of Noons. Daley has put in some pretty mediocre looking performances. It's hard to see if his head is really in the game.

Melendez beat Kawajiri once before and he has improved substantially since that fight.

Fancy Pants vs. Magic Pants is a little harder to call, but I think people are taking away a little too much from Aoki because of his loss to a great fighter in Melendez and the bizarre kickboxing-MMA New Year's incident.

I used to think Mousasi was underrated but I've turned around completely because of his cardio. I want to see him win a fight that goes into late rounds before I bet on him at favorite odds against a credible opponent.

SPX
03-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Diaz vs Noons was pretty close. I wouldn't say Diaz "beat the crap" out of him.

Svino
03-27-2011, 05:53 PM

I guess I need to go rewatch that fight. I remembered it as pretty one-sided but maybe that was just about him exceeding expectations in the striking.

Ludo
03-27-2011, 05:53 PM
I am having trouble reading the Crusher/Melendez fight. Yes Melendez beat him last time out and has improved but so has Kawajiri. not to mention Gilbert hasn't fought since mid april of last year while Kawajiri has stayed active. Plus he just manhandled Thomson at new years eve.

Anybody have thoughts on Beerbohm/Aoki? I know Beerbohm can hold his own on the ground but will it be enough against someone so aggressive with subs?

Ludo
03-27-2011, 05:55 PM

It depends on which round your referring to. For the most part Diaz was getting the better of things for rounds 1, 3, and 5. Noons showed signs of life in rounds 2 and 4 but got the holy fuck kicked out of him in round 3. I remember they considered stopping the fight at one point because Noons was opened up pretty bad.

Luke
03-27-2011, 08:15 PM
I bet on Diaz vs Noons and I wasnt sure when it went to decision I was going to win or not.

I remember a lot of rds being close ,I'd have to rewatch it again .

LINK??????

poopoo333
03-27-2011, 08:26 PM
I bet on Diaz vs Noons and I wasnt sure when it went to decision I was going to win or not.

I remember a lot of rds being close ,I'd have to rewatch it again .

LINK??????

This is weird but I remember you saying after the fight something like "If Diaz loses this decision I'm never betting MMA again"

and

edman5555
03-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Daley might not be in good enough shape for this fight. He said before he wanted to fight for the title in june or july so he could get in better shape. That was after missing weight for his last fight. Daley will be relying entirely on his standup in this as well. If it touches the ground diaz can sub him pretty easy. Diaz is a good boxer with a good chin. I can see Daley winning by ko/tko or maybe even dec but it isn't worth betting on. Might as well hold out for something else on another card..too many coin tosses on this card.

Beerbohm is a good all around fighter and Aoki is a wiz on the ground. This is another coin toss. If Beerbohm can avoid getting subbed he can win but Aoki is an animal with subs. No bet for me.

Gegard vs Mike Kyle. This one is up in the air as well. Kyle can hit really hard and he is a lot bigger as far as I understand. Gegard did beat that kickboxer in K1 recently though. I feel like he can avoid getting caught but who knows. Also Kyle might be able to muscle him around the cage. I don't know what Gegards takedown defense is like nor do I know what Kyles takedowns are like.

I don't know shit about Tatsuya. I'm not looking anything up. Too late for that. Melendez did beat him before though.

There are some other fights happening on this card as well. I know Jorge Masvidal is fighting KJ Noons..according to bestfightodds.com alert section. A good area to look at to see upcoming fights. I bet Masvidal comes out as a dog and I think he has a chance. His standup is pretty good and he can land takedowns. He hung in there with Paul Daley and almost beat him.

Now that I mention him almost beating Daley is makes me think Daley is not really that great. Sorry for the mid speech revelation. On top of that, his knockout over kampmann doesn't impress me as much after watching Diego "beat" him/land a lot of shots. He knocked out scott smith who to my amatuer eyes has no boxing defense/limited technique, blocks punches with his face. He def has a lot of ko power though. That can't be overlooked.

Couple things: Daleys offense in this fight is going to be a shitload of leg kicks and punches. He isn't going to be trying to take down Diaz because Diaz is a slick bastard on the ground. Maybe he will incorporate a takedown or two at the end of the round to get some points or something but it won't be happening a lot. Anyone disagree?

Paul Daley leg kicks: those are going to be to wear down Diaz. Daley missed weight( I am pretty sure) for his last fight and said he wanted to wait until june/july to get in "championship shape" for the fight. He is fighting the beginning of April. If Daley gasses by the 4th or 5th round, how much of a difference are those leg kicks going to make? I am going to call those semi-moot because he isn't going to be wearing out diaz in this fight(most likely).

So that leaves boxing. Diaz is a really good boxer and he has a good chin. I think Daley CAN knock him out but he is going to have a hard time. It's not easy to knock out a good boxer with a good chin by outboxing him which is what I think he will have to do and is probably his only avenue to victory. Outside of a head kick or extre luck on the judges cards.

Diaz can even hurt Daley standing. Agree or disagree? He hung in there with KJ noons and outboxed him didn't he? I didn't see the fight..KJ is a pro boxer, probably a crappy one but still. I looked up his record, he only has 6 round fights on it. What is the deal with that? Anyways, I am picking Nick Diaz to win. He has the advantage stylistically if you ask me. I think he can probably hang on the feet with Daley and he can def win on the ground. Daley can't even shoot for a takedown in this one. He is going to be striking and only striking. Daley will have to do the guessing game where he wonders if a strike is coming or a takedown attempt. Anyways I know I just wrote a long story but let's hear your opinions..

edman5555
03-27-2011, 08:29 PM
Daley missed weight for his last fight as well as one in the end of 2010.

Luke
03-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Daley might not be in good enough shape for this fight. He said before he wanted to fight for the title in june or july so he could get in better shape. That was after missing weight for his last fight. Daley will be relying entirely on his standup in this as well. If it touches the ground diaz can sub him pretty easy. Diaz is a good boxer with a good chin. I can see Daley winning by ko/tko or maybe even dec but it isn't worth betting on. Might as well hold out for something else on another card..too many coin tosses on this card.

Beerbohm is a good all around fighter and Aoki is a wiz on the ground. This is another coin toss. If Beerbohm can avoid getting subbed he can win but Aoki is an animal with subs. No bet for me.

Gegard vs Mike Kyle. This one is up in the air as well. Kyle can hit really hard and he is a lot bigger as far as I understand. Gegard did beat that kickboxer in K1 recently though. I feel like he can avoid getting caught but who knows. Also Kyle might be able to muscle him around the cage. I don't know what Gegards takedown defense is like nor do I know what Kyles takedowns are like.

I don't know shit about Tatsuya. I'm not looking anything up. Too late for that. Melendez did beat him before though.

There are some other fights happening on this card as well. I know Jorge Masvidal is fighting KJ Noons..according to bestfightodds.com alert section. A good area to look at to see upcoming fights. I bet Masvidal comes out as a dog and I think he has a chance. His standup is pretty good and he can land takedowns. He hung in there with Paul Daley and almost beat him.

Now that I mention him almost beating Daley is makes me think Daley is not really that great. Sorry for the mid speech revelation. On top of that, his knockout over kampmann doesn't impress me as much after watching Diego "beat" him/land a lot of shots. He knocked out scott smith who to my amatuer eyes has no boxing defense/limited technique, blocks punches with his face. He def has a lot of ko power though. That can't be overlooked.

Couple things: Daleys offense in this fight is going to be a shitload of leg kicks and punches. He isn't going to be trying to take down Diaz because Diaz is a slick bastard on the ground. Maybe he will incorporate a takedown or two at the end of the round to get some points or something but it won't be happening a lot. Anyone disagree?

Paul Daley leg kicks: those are going to be to wear down Diaz. Daley missed weight( I am pretty sure) for his last fight and said he wanted to wait until june/july to get in "championship shape" for the fight. He is fighting the beginning of April. If Daley gasses by the 4th or 5th round, how much of a difference are those leg kicks going to make? I am going to call those semi-moot because he isn't going to be wearing out diaz in this fight(most likely).

So that leaves boxing. Diaz is a really good boxer and he has a good chin. I think Daley CAN knock him out but he is going to have a hard time. It's not easy to knock out a good boxer with a good chin by outboxing him which is what I think he will have to do and is probably his only avenue to victory. Outside of a head kick or extre luck on the judges cards.

Diaz can even hurt Daley standing. Agree or disagree? He hung in there with KJ noons and outboxed him didn't he? I didn't see the fight..KJ is a pro boxer, probably a crappy one but still. I looked up his record, he only has 6 round fights on it. What is the deal with that? Anyways, I am picking Nick Diaz to win. He has the advantage stylistically if you ask me. I think he can probably hang on the feet with Daley and he can def win on the ground. Daley can't even shoot for a takedown in this one. He is going to be striking and only striking. Daley will have to do the guessing game where he wonders if a strike is coming or a takedown attempt. Anyways I know I just wrote a long story but let's hear your opinions..

Wall of words..........::shocked::

Luke
03-27-2011, 08:37 PM
This is weird but I remember you saying after the fight something like "If Diaz loses this decision I'm never betting MMA again"

and

Pretty sure I said that because MMA decisions had been so bad lately. Just because I scored it for Diaz doesnt mean it wasnt close enough the judges to screw it up. Odd though that you remembered but I do remember saying something all those lines

SPX
03-27-2011, 08:41 PM
The Fight Metric numbers are pretty close.

In every round the difference between total number of landed strikes is 11 or less.

http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/3058

Luke
03-27-2011, 08:48 PM
but got the holy fuck kicked out of him in round 3. I remember they considered stopping the fight at one point because Noons was opened up pretty bad.

I just watched rd 3 again ...........what the hell are you talking about?

edman5555
03-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Anyone have an opinion on my wall of words?

SPX
03-27-2011, 08:58 PM

I agree that Masvidal should have a chance against Noons. I'd probably even take him at +150 or better.

Luke
03-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Just rewatched it . Rounds 4 and 5 were close enough bad MMA judges could have gave them both to Noons. Thats probably what I was scared of going to the cards . I know I scored it for Diaz but that doesnt mean anything when it comes to some of these judges

Luke
03-27-2011, 09:04 PM

I'm just now starting to look at this card

Svino
03-27-2011, 09:14 PM

1) I don't know about Kyle's takedowns, but I would call Mousasi's TD defense weak.

2) Daley would be crazy to ever bring this fight deliberately to the ground. The question is, how hard will Diaz try to get it there and will he be successful? I'm guessing it stays standing, but might fear of getting taken down discourage Daley from overusing the leg-kick?

SPX
03-27-2011, 09:22 PM
I know Diaz's takedowns aren't the best, but Masvidal was able to take Daley down without a whole lot of problems.

Daley seems to have good TDD for a minute, but if his opponent is relentless then they will eventually get him down. If Diaz makes that his plan then I have little doubt that he will win. But who knows if that will be his plan.

poopoo333
03-27-2011, 09:24 PM

I want to know why you say it's too late to research Kawajiri when we have 2 weeks.

trotterz
03-28-2011, 07:54 AM
anybody knows if Kyle has any wrestling background or anything? He is defenetely a good kickboxer but Gegard is just on another level. My only problem is that I am wondering if Kyle could take him down. Everybody here is saying that Gegard's takedown defense is super week but I don't think so. It has only been exposed by king mo who has extremely good wrestling. On the other hand, he ahs a really really good submission game and doesn't care fighting from his back.
Anyway, just wondering if anybody here knows anything about Kyle's wrestling abilities

MMA_scientist
03-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Kyle does not not great wrestling, he does not come from a wrestling base or anything that I am aware of. But he is a lot bigger than Gegard, and Kyle is reasonably well rounded. Mousasi is definitely more skilled, IMO... but Kyle should be a lot bigger. I just don't know what to make of Mousasi. On one hand, he submitted Kang and KO'd Jacare... but then he looked completely disinterested against Mo. I understand that feeling, as Mo wasn't really hurting him or anything, just sort of waiting for the decision, but you have to know you are losing the fight...

edman5555
03-28-2011, 09:27 AM
This is a tough one to call. I think I might be placing a bet on Nick Diaz though. I am still not sure yet.

edman5555
03-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Is Nicks wrestling really that bad? I've always thought it was but that was because I have always been told it was. He likes to stand and bang and he is great off his back so I could see why he wouldn't be shooting for takedowns and wouldn't mind figthing off his back. Anything to him not looking good wrestling because he doesn't try to wrestle?

MMA_scientist
03-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Daley will be relying entirely on his standup in this as well. If it touches the ground diaz can sub him pretty easy. Diaz is a good boxer with a good chin. I can see Daley winning by ko/tko or maybe even dec but it isn't worth betting on.

I think Daley's takedown defense is good enough to stuff Diaz for at least a couple rounds. Diaz probably will not come out looking for a takedown though. He wants to be a boxer now, so we will see. i personally think Daley has a good cnahce to catch him standing, but I would not be surprised to see Diaz jab him up and then finish him off later in the fight after Daley gasses out.

I am considering Beerbohm. Aoki is dangerous on the ground, but Beerbohm has very pretty good takedown defense and a great gas tank. I think Beerbohm might be able to do the same think Gil did to him.

I like Gegard, I do not feel it is a toss up. Kyle will be bigger, he fights at HW prettyu often, while Mousasi has fought most of his career at MW. Mousasi has not been hurt standing as far as I can remember. His weakness is his wrestling, but Kyle is not a great wrestler. He may still be able to get Gegard down, but Gegard can protect himself from bottom. That said, there is no way I would pay -350 for Gegard. MAYBE -200.

Kawajiri is a wrestler. He did lose to Gil in 2006, but he also recenty defeated Thompson. And he defefeated JZ Cavalcante as well. I think of JZ,Thomson, and Gil as all about the same level. He was taking Thompson down easily in their fight. So I don't know. I think Melendez is a good fighter, but I do not think for a second that he is really the #2 LW in the world. Anyway, Gil will probably win, but I can't bet it either way.

I bet Masvidal comes out as a dog and I think he has a chance. His standup is pretty good and he can land takedowns. He hung in there with Paul Daley and almost beat him.
I don't think Masvidal can take Noons down.

Agree. But I still think Daley might KO him, and it is not a fight I can bet.

edman5555
03-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Yeah if i can get a good line on Nick I might bet him for a little bit.

Svino
03-29-2011, 01:42 AM
I am considering Beerbohm. Aoki is dangerous on the ground, but Beerbohm has very pretty good takedown defense and a great gas tank. I think Beerbohm might be able to do the same think Gil did to him.

I can see that, but then one might have said the same thing about Aoki / Kawajiri. Aoki seems like a dangerous guy to bet on or against. That little fucker has a way of looking weak and then just getting it done.

SPX
03-29-2011, 02:13 AM
I can see that, but then one might have said the same thing about Aoki / Kawajiri. Aoki seems like a dangerous guy to bet on or against. That little fucker has a way of looking weak and then just getting it done.

This is what I said when I bet on him against Melendez and it ends up being the first fight he lost in forever.

poopoo333
03-31-2011, 03:24 PM
http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/03/31/mike-kyle-withdraws-from-gegard-mousasi-fight/

Mike Kyle Withdraws From Gegard Mousasi Fight

BillyPilgrim
03-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Hopefully we get a quick step in that has no chance...

but probably Mousasi is off the card too.

Luke
03-31-2011, 08:26 PM
http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/03/31/mike-kyle-withdraws-from-gegard-mousasi-fight/

Mike Kyle Withdraws From Gegard Mousasi Fight

Chieck Kongo is stepping in for Kyle .

I told all you suckers they'd be co-promoting in no time

MMA_scientist
03-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Damn, tough fight for Mousasi... that is nuts. I think Kongo will beat him.

Luke
03-31-2011, 08:35 PM
Damn, tough fight for Mousasi... that is nuts. I think Kongo will beat him.

Could be a rumor When MMAjunkie or sherdog officially say it then I'll 100% believe it .

But here's the quote from Kongo

I just agree to replace Mike Kyle injured his hand and Gegard Mousasi will fight in next lightheavyweight April 9, in less than 10 days. This will be the first exchange-UFC Strikeforce. Ps: I am still scheduled for June 26 Pat Barry, I went into my class after this fight won, wish me luck.

SPX
03-31-2011, 08:51 PM
Two things:

1. Why do you think Kongo will be Mousasi, Sci? I'm thinking Gegard should win.

2. Is that Kongo quote borderlined incomprehensible to anybody else, or is it just me?

Luke
03-31-2011, 08:53 PM
I still think this is some April fools by Kongo since MMAjunkie ,sherdog etc havent went balls out to get a story on this already

Luke
03-31-2011, 08:57 PM
2. Is that Kongo quote borderlined incomprehensible to anybody else, or is it just me?

Its probably the translation. It was in french and I used google translate to put it into english

Here's the original

Je viens d'accepter de remplacer Mike Kyle blessé Ã* la main et vais combattre Gegard Mousasi en lightheavyweight le 9 avril prochain, dans moins de 10 jours. Ce sera le premier échange UFC-Strikeforce. Ps : Je suis toujours programmé pour Pat Barry le 26 juin, je remonterais dans ma catégorie une fois ce combat gagné, souhaitez moi bonne chance .

MMA_scientist
03-31-2011, 09:01 PM
Two things:

I think he will win mainly because of size. Mousasi is a blown up MW, and Kongo is 230 chiseled. Kongo will have the takedown when he wants it and he is a lot taller and should have the power striking.

BUt I am with Luke, I don't believe it. Why would Mousasi take a fight at HW? But he did fight Gary Goodridge at HW.

zY|
03-31-2011, 09:02 PM
Two things:

He's French, nigga.

SPX
03-31-2011, 09:03 PM
Its probably the translation. It was in french and I used google translate to put it into english

Here's the original

LOL

Okay, I see. Well that makes sense. I was sitting here thinking, Look nigga, I know Kongo's English is better than that.

zY|
03-31-2011, 09:04 PM
Josh Gross
RT @ehummel @JoshGrossESPN have you heard anything about cheick kongo stepping in to fight mousasi? ... Only the rumor. Nothing solid.

Luke
Where's poopoo? that mofo can usually go to the end of the earth to figure out if these rumors are true or not

SPX
I think he will win mainly because of size. Mousasi is a blown up MW, and Kongo is 230 chiseled. Kongo will have the takedown when he wants it and he is a lot taller and should have the power striking.

BUt I am with Luke, I don't believe it. Why would Mousasi take a fight at HW? But he did fight Gary Goodridge at HW.

I didn't think about the size difference. You really think Kongo will get the TDs whenever, though? I know Mousasi's takedown defense isn't great, but neither is Kongo any kind of great wrestler either.

zY|
03-31-2011, 09:10 PM
Think Mousasi beats him via being more skilled and not fighting like an absolute moron. Kongo has good takedowns when he gets his hands on you but he's pretty terrible at setting them up. He is certainly big though and he could savage Mousasi if he can push him into the fence and knee him in the nuts.

MMA_scientist
03-31-2011, 09:10 PM
I didn't think about the size difference. You really think Kongo will get the TDs whenever, though? I know Mousasi's takedown defense isn't great, but neither is Kongo any kind of great wrestler either.

I just don't recall Mousasi ever stopping a takedown. He is on his back alot, he beat Jacare and Kang from his back, and we know about Mo. I just think with the size difference, Kongo will just push him against the cage and pull his legs out from him. That said, I would like to see Mousasi win and I think he can win, just that I would favor Kongo slightly. I don't think it will be easy or anything and Mousasi could definitely catch him standing or sub him.

poopoo333
03-31-2011, 09:20 PM
Where's poopoo? that mofo can usually go to the end of the earth to figure out if these rumors are true or not

Just left work..on my way home now

Luke
03-31-2011, 09:24 PM
Just left work..on my way home now

I expect a full detailed report on the forum in 30 minutes.....I want to know if this is happening or if I have to beat Kongo like a slave for getting my hopes up

zY|
03-31-2011, 09:24 PM
Josh Gross
April 1 tomorrow. RT @JonLutherMMA Strikeforce PR guy Mike Afromowitz just told me that the Kongo vs. Mousasi match-up report is "not true."

poopoo333
03-31-2011, 09:31 PM
I highly doubt it. I was wondering what the first MMA April Fools joke would be. Too bad that is a retarded joke because nobody gives a fuck about that bald chocolate nut knee'er.

Luke
03-31-2011, 09:35 PM
that bald chocolate nut knee'er.

::lmao:: LOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ::lmao::

Luke
03-31-2011, 09:36 PM
Josh Gross
April 1 tomorrow. RT @JonLutherMMA Strikeforce PR guy Mike Afromowitz just told me that the Kongo vs. Mousasi match-up report is "not true."

gay..............I had a feeling from the beginning .Oh well carry on

edit : I hate Kongo and hope he gets crushed by Barry

MMA_scientist
03-31-2011, 09:40 PM
Kongo is French. And not even French-Canadian, full blown French. (I mean that as a vile insult)

edman5555
04-01-2011, 12:43 PM
The french aren't that bad. They have topless beaches and wine on their lunch breaks.

BillyPilgrim
04-01-2011, 02:44 PM
^^ Negged.

edman5555
04-01-2011, 03:36 PM
You can Neg topless women and wine all you want. More for me.

poopoo333
04-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Are you fucking serious?

Wow! Dana White just announced Rich Franklin is stepping in for Mike Kyle to fight Mousasi!-Ariel Helwani

SPX
04-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Surely that's not true.

poopoo333
04-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Surely that's not true.

April Fools

-poopoo333

BillyPilgrim
04-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Awesome if true. Makes sense though, both are tweeners weight-wise and would be a good test to see where Mousasi is in the grand scheme of the UFC's division.

I got Mousasi in that one personally.

Luke
04-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Surely that's not true.

Lot of crazy shit going on today. More:

Tim Kennedy MMA Fan Page (Official) (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tim-Kennedy-MMA-Fan-Page-Official/109175182453110)

I am 100% dealing out right now. My next fight is against Michael "the count" Bisping.

(http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tim-Kennedy-MMA-Fan-Page-Official/109175182453110)

SPX
04-01-2011, 03:53 PM
April Fools

-poopoo333

Oh, PP! You funny guy!

BillyPilgrim
April Fools

-poopoo333

bastard.

SPX
I guess fighters have just decided they're all going to fuck around today.

Luke
04-01-2011, 03:55 PM
I guess fighters have just decided they're all going to fuck around today.

Well why not what else do they have to do ? The next UFC event isnt for a month

BillyPilgrim
04-01-2011, 03:56 PM
I don't believe anything anyone says anymore.

Bisping vs. Kennedy makes no sense. I don't believe that one at all.

But if true, the uFc is ditching SF all together already and we should see Jacare vs. Anderson Silva. I have wanted that fight forever.

Luke
04-01-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm not believing anything until tomorrow .

Thewisemann
04-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Mousasi is gonna fuck Jardine up, unless Jardine takes this to the mat.

edman5555
04-02-2011, 10:52 AM
I was thinking Jardine might try to take it to the mat. I think he is bigger, that might help. Mousasi has very good standup though, and good BJJ. This is no easy fight for Jardine.

zY|
04-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Jardine is no King Mo. His takedowns are atrocious.

poopoo333
04-02-2011, 11:20 AM
I really wanna see the line on this lol

Luke
04-02-2011, 11:36 AM
I really wanna see the line on this lol

it will probably be -500 like Vandelvy said

Thewisemann
04-02-2011, 01:13 PM
jardine took Vera down

Mr. IWS
04-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Jardina via greasing and wearing a football helmet.

Luke
04-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Jardina via wearing a football helmet.

::lmao::::lmao::::lmao::

edman5555
04-03-2011, 02:35 PM
I am thinking about pounding Gegard Mousasi's line if it is decent. Jardine just isn't very good. He is very decent and can hang with a lot of top guys, he just can't beat them. He hasn't done better than a split dec win since 2006...not counting his last two wins. He beat Chuck and Vera by split decision. That was kind of the beginning of the end for Chuck too. Gegard hasn't been beating top top level guys really but he hasn't been losing either..My only worry is Keith will try to wrestle/clinch him to a decision victory. I am not entirely convinced Gegard is a decent wrestler..

Thewisemann
04-03-2011, 11:29 PM
Just watched Beerbohm/Healy. Healy had him in some trouble on the ground. Aoki doesnt have Healy's size or wrestling, but im thinking Aoki can catch him. Thoughts?

Luke
04-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Just watched Beerbohm/Healy. Healy had him in some trouble on the ground. Aoki doesnt have Healy's size or wrestling, but im thinking Aoki can catch him. Thoughts?

Everytime I think Aoki is going to win he losses, everytime I think he's going to lose he wins . With that said I think he wins ..........so bet Beerbohm

BillyPilgrim
04-04-2011, 09:12 AM
I think Aoki will have some trouble getting him down personally. Beerbohm had Shaolin down for a few seconds and he managed to escape, though he was in a lot of trouble. Shaolin is better on the ground than Aoki IMO. The other issue is that Beerbohm appears to be t eh kinf od guy that flat out will not tap, so we might get to see a broken appendage again. Aoki is the rightful favorite based on who he has beaten, but I think there is a good chance Beerbohm pulls it off.

edman5555
04-04-2011, 09:48 AM
If Beerbohm will take Shaolin down he might try to take down Aoki. If he does I can see him surviving or getting tapped out. It's impossible to predict IMO. No bet.

BillyPilgrim
04-04-2011, 10:03 AM
True, but I was at the fight, and I am pretty sure Beerbohm's strategy was to just hold him on the cage and not actually get the takedown. Then if he got the takedown, to stand up really fast. It was a terrible fight, and I lost money on it.

But Aoki will jump guard, that is a definite possibility. I am not sure why Shaolin wouldn't pull guard. He only had the fight down for a few seconds (on bottom) and he had Beerbohm tied up in knots. His hands aren't that good either, Aoki might be able to outstrike him. Beerbohm does his best work from top position... but you are right, with Aoki's length, he will probably pull guard and Beerbohm could end up in trouble. Tough fight to predict.

edman5555
04-04-2011, 01:48 PM
I remember that fight be called a bad decision as well. There were articles written about it. PBP gave it to Shaolin iirc

BillyPilgrim
04-04-2011, 02:02 PM
I think I gave it to Shaolin, but I couldn't remember if it was just my bias or not.

Now I regret putting Beerbohm in my wisemann special. He is the last bet remaining... I wonder if I can hedge it out for a profit. brb.

BillyPilgrim
04-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Here is my bet:

.1u to win 1.55u

Pending 4/2/11 12:30am Strikeforce Fighting 1002 Justin Wilcox -300* vs Rodrigo Damm
Pending 4/9/11 9:00pm Strikeforce Fighting 1201 Lyle Beerbohm +165* vs Shinya Aoki
Pending 4/2/11 8:00pm Bellator Fighting 2002 Eddie Alvarez -485* vs Pat Curran
Pending 4/2/11 8:00pm Bellator Fighting 2202 Patricky Freire -145* vs Toby Imada
Pending 4/2/11 8:00pm Bellator Fighting 2302 Ben Saunders -610* vs Matt Lee
Pending 4/2/11 7:00pm Bellator Fighting 2401 Rene Naraze +100* vs Matt Veach

Lock.

Nazare got cancelled... so without Nazare and Beerbohm, it would only clear .3u. If Beerbohm wins, it will clear .5u. So I have an arbitrage opportunity on Aoki, I could take a free bet on Aoki for .5u... but it hardly seems worth it at these stakes. Guess I am going to let it ride.

edman5555
04-04-2011, 02:17 PM
I would take the free .5.

bloydie
04-04-2011, 06:39 PM
I think im going abit crazy either that or im getting patriotic i think Daley is going to fold Diaz. I never bet against Diaz, but if he tries his 100 punches a round with Daley I think he's definetly going to get dropped. The only thing i still think he could catch Daley on the ground if he's still got his wits.

Vandelay
04-04-2011, 07:00 PM
I think im going abit crazy either that or im getting patriotic i think Daley is going to fold Diaz. I never bet against Diaz, but if he tries his 100 punches a round with Daley I think he's definetly going to get dropped. The only thing i still think he could catch Daley on the ground if he's still got his wits.

I think diaz is the better striker. He routinely outstrikes decent to good strikers and doesnt have to be worried about being taken down. Daley has a great lead left hook but everything else about his striking isn't impressive to me. Diaz arguably outstruck noons, cyborg, and zaromskis. All are pretty good strikers save for maybe zaromskis. He pushes the pace and constantly stalks his opponents. Daley on the other hand has been knocking out grapplers with weak takedowns. His best win is probably kampman and he didnt even knock him down. However, with the current line, the value is probably with daley.

Ludo
04-04-2011, 07:58 PM
So I just rewatched Crusher/Melendez 1 today. Crusher was ALOT stronger than Melendez but it was clear Gilbert was the better wrestler overall. Kawajiri had the better hands and as far as striking power they were fairly even with Crusher slightly getting the better of it early on with the knockdowns on Melendez. I don't know if Kawajiri has improved in the grappling as much as Melendez has since then. One thing that I noticed was that about halfway through the first round(a 10 minute round) Kawajiri showed some signs of fatigue. Does anyone know if he still gasses like that? I have a feeling Gil will force a similar pace to the first fight.

MMA_scientist
04-04-2011, 08:14 PM
^ he didn't gas against Thomson. I think it is going to be fairly competitive. Melendez has improved his striking since then IMO, and he won't be subbed. I did not recall him getting the better of the wrestling. With Kawajiri coming over to the US, I think Gil will win.

Ludo
04-04-2011, 08:18 PM
^ he didn't gas against Thomson. I think it is going to be fairly competitive. Melendez has improved his striking since then IMO, and he won't be subbed. I did not recall him getting the better of the wrestling. With Kawajiri coming over to the US, I think Gil will win.

For almost every takedown he was able to either get right back up and snag a meaningful takedown of his own, or get a reverse/scramble and end up on top. Kawajiri stuffed more of Melendez' shots because after a while Crusher stopped going for the takedown as much and started looking to straight up brawl. I think Kawajiri has value here, and what worries Me about betting Melendez is the fact that he hasn't fought in a year now. He wasn't injured that I'm aware of but still, thats a long time to be out of the cage.

MMA_scientist
04-04-2011, 08:41 PM
^ that was my initial inclination too (Kawajiri had value). I would not bet Gil at -210 at all. But I don't know that there is enough there for me to bet crusher either... probably going to sit it out. I am going to have action on Bellator for sure. So I will probably just do a wiseman at micro stakes to keep me satisfied.

Ludo
04-04-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm leaning toward a no bet Myself. I'd like Kawajiri to be above +200 to take him, but on the flip side Melendez shouldn't be -210, I would take him at -145 though.

MMA_scientist
04-04-2011, 08:51 PM
^^That is pretty much my exact feeling on the lines.

edman5555
04-04-2011, 08:53 PM
the only bet i am considering so far is Nick Diaz

Ludo
04-04-2011, 08:59 PM
I have a bet on Diaz but I was hoping to find something bettable between Kawajiri/Melendez and Aoki/Beerbohm. Looks like the lines aren't giving up much though.

poopoo333
04-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Decision prop for melendez/kawajiri...I will probably take it

poopoo333
04-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Oh and in that picture with uber chael at caesar gracies camp, melendez looked soft imo

MMA_scientist
04-04-2011, 09:04 PM

Is it a 5 rounder?

zY|
04-04-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm leaning toward a no bet Myself. I'd like Kawajiri to be above +200 to take him, but on the flip side Melendez shouldn't be -210, I would take him at -145 though.

Kawajiri is currently +205 at Bodog, fyi.

Ludo
04-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Kawajiri is currently +205 at Bodog, fyi.

I really have to get around to getting a Bodog Account.

Luke
04-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Oh and in that picture with uber chael at caesar gracies camp, melendez looked soft imo

when was that taken?

poopoo333
04-04-2011, 09:37 PM

Fuck that, it's -230. Lots of props just opened at 5dimes btw

Is it a 5 rounder?

Yeah I think

MMA_scientist
04-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Fuck that, it's -230. Lots of props just opened at 5dimes btw

In a 5 rounder, I could definitely see Gil stopping him after Kawajiri gasses. It will probably go to cards, but i think it is more like 50/50

Luke
04-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Arent all title fights 5 rounds

MMA_scientist
04-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Daley by KO is probably the only way he wins... so if you are going to bet Daley, you might as well wait for the prop, but the line probably will not improve much

MMA_scientist
04-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Arent all title fights 5 rounds

yeah, I just didn't know if it was for the title. SF does weird shit all the time.

edman5555
04-05-2011, 10:03 AM
It's conceivable that he could win a decision. I doubt it will happen but KJ Noons almost did it. Heh this one is tough. This whole card is tough.

poopoo333
04-05-2011, 06:43 PM
http://www.bestfightodds.com/events/374.png (http://www.bestfightodds.com)

Jardine +210/Mousasi -270 is opener

Vandelay
04-05-2011, 06:49 PM
wont be long b4 thats at -400

Luke
04-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Fuck ............I have no money in bookmaker

poopoo333
04-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Mousasi up to -315.

I bet Takaya @-245. Does anybody seem him losing?

Luke
04-05-2011, 07:26 PM
I bet Takaya @-245. Does anybody seem him losing?

well what do you know about Robert Peralta?

MMA_scientist
04-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Poopoo are they going to give us any more props on this? They give props for the bigger SF cards... I think they will.

So far I like "not Kawajiri ITD" @ -697... need a couple more plays though, like "Not Aoki by KO" or something for a mini- magic parlay

poopoo333
04-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Poopoo are they going to give us any more props on this?

Hold on sir, let me check with management.

Please hold.

Mr. IWS
04-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Interesting comments from Daley:

Still, he's not expecting it to be easy by any means. In fact, while most fighters as a matter of routine suggest that every camp is the best of their career, Daley bluntly admits that his prep time for this fight was not ideal. He only had six weeks from his last fight -- a first-round KO of Yuya Shirai in Manchester, England -- until Saturday. For a fight of this magnitude, he would have preferred an 8-12 week camp, but the timeline for a title fight was moved up when Strikeforce postponed the second round of the Heavyweight World Grand Prix. That made it difficult to taper his conditioning and have himself in optimal shape. It is not, however, something Daley is totally unfamiliar with; this is his 7th fight in the last 15 months.

He also has suspicions that maybe, just maybe, Strikeforce isn't so concerned about what's in his best interest.

"I think the Strikeforce people are very smart in how they offer these fights," he said. "I don't think they want to give me time to prepare for Nick Diaz. I have the name but they want to try to limit my chances as much as possible, flying me out of the country late, sort of backing me into a corner to take the fight. First they wanted me to take in January, and I said no coming straight off the Scott Smith fight. I think they don't want me to get my stride and prepare for Diaz, is what I feel. But I'm taking the fight, and I'm confident."

MMA_scientist
04-06-2011, 11:28 AM
inbfdaleygoesbrokeandendsupinprison

MMA_scientist
04-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Ftr, since Zak refuses to honor my request to change my name forever in the tracker, I have given up and resigned myself to this moniker for life.

Mr. IWS
04-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Ftr, since Zak refuses to honor my request to change my name forever in the tracker, I have given up and resigned myself to this moniker for life.

LOL. I forgot. Ill hook it up for you.

MMA_scientist
04-06-2011, 12:04 PM
No, I decided to just kick it scientist style forever. It is growing on me.

SPX
04-06-2011, 12:52 PM
LOL

poopoo333
04-06-2011, 10:00 PM
http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/04/06/keith-jardine-says-gegard-mousasi-fight-probably-his-last-at-l/

Keith Jardine moving down to MW after Mousasi fight (probably)

Luke
04-06-2011, 10:50 PM
http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/04/06/keith-jardine-says-gegard-mousasi-fight-probably-his-last-at-l/

Keith Jardine moving down to MW after Mousasi fight (probably)

I just texted X about that. Sounds to me he plans on losing this weekend

Ludo
04-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Looks like neither Jardine or Daley think they can win this weekend. Not long ago Daley was saying "what if I don't WANT to make them(zuffa) more money by fighting?" and now he's convinced he's the victim of the evil scheme known as the title shot. Fucker should be counting his lucky stars that he's even being offered a shot after missing weight in like 5 of his last 8 fights or something. If anything it's Strikeforce taking all the risk by hinging this event on someone who never consistently makes weight which is insane for a guy who's fought 7 times in the last 15 months. How the fuck do you find time to get out of shape when your averaging a fight every two months for over a year?

Honestly I don't know what the move will do for Jardine. If anything it'll be a harder transition for him(maybe not in Strikeforce at first) with all the competant strikers there. It's just as much a minefield for him as Light Heavyweight unless he fixes that nervous tick where he drops his left hand and passes out.

Mr. IWS
04-07-2011, 09:07 AM
unless he fixes that nervous tick where he drops his left hand and passes out.

this shit legitimately had me crackin the fuck up.

Mr. IWS
04-07-2011, 02:07 PM
If I can get Mousasi around -350 to -400, Ill probably get on him.

MMA_scientist
04-07-2011, 05:27 PM
props are open on 5d.

made the following:

5u to win 1.06u Not Daley by submission/Not Kawajiri inside distance/Not Beerbohm by sub

poopoo333
04-07-2011, 09:32 PM
http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/04/07/nick-diaz-im-the-most-overworked-overtrained-underpaid-figh/

Diaz is so awkward.

Luke
04-07-2011, 09:43 PM
http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/04/07/nick-diaz-im-the-most-overworked-overtrained-underpaid-figh/

Diaz is so awkward.

Awkward?...........I call it a low IQ

MMA_scientist
04-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Diaz has really grown on me. I used to just think he was an idiot burnout with an poser attitude, who happened to be an MMA savant... I guess I still do think that, but I get a kick out of him and I pretty much root for him in every fight. But he has a lot going for him too, he stayed loyal to his camp and training partners which I respect, he trains consistently day in day out (a lot of fighters just show up for camps before they fight and spend the rest of thier lives just messing around), he brings it every time and he doesn't go out there to win a decision...

War Diaz?

"(About UFC buying Strikeforce) Honestly, I don't understand this whole thing. I'm way too busy training. It's hard for me to understand what's going on. But I knew there was a reason why I never strapped that belt around my waist. Whatever, champion, whatever. (Paul Daley) can have the belt. I'm fighting for money."

"I don't feel like a champion right now that the UFC bought this organization. I don't understand all that. I thought we were competing with the UFC. I thought my belt was potentially just as important as the UFC belt and we had the best fighters here (in Strikeforce); more technical martial artists and stand-up fighters."

"But now this is all about going to the UFC so I don't care about the Strikeforce belt. There was a reason why I never put that shit on anyways."

Mr. IWS
04-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Has he every looked directly at the person that asks him questions? He looks everywhere but it seems.

SPX
04-08-2011, 02:05 PM
I thought my belt was potentially just as important as the UFC belt and we had the best fighters here (in Strikeforce); more technical martial artists and stand-up fighters.

LOL. Better fighters than the UFC, especially at welterweight? I hope he doesn't actually believe that shit.

Luke
04-08-2011, 03:51 PM
LOL. Better fighters than the UFC, especially at welterweight? I hope he doesn't actually believe that shit.

I think the gap between UFC and Strikeforce fighters is closer than you think.

SPX
04-08-2011, 07:33 PM
I think the gap between UFC and Strikeforce fighters is closer than you think.

SF's best welterweights are Diaz and Daley and both those guys had their crack at the UFC. Of course they're great fighters. But he's talking about SF having better, more technical fighters than the UFC.

So let's say Diaz, Daley and Cyborg vs GSP, Koscheck, and Fitch in a three-man tag match and let's see who wins.

Ludo
04-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Strikeforce has a pretty weak roster for welterweights. Thats why Diaz' last three title defenses were against guys normally from outside the organization or normally outside of the division(Noons really kind of falls in between lightweight and welterweight). They let Jay Heiron walk right out the door for some reason and now all they are left with are hopes and dreams to fill the void on a per diem basis up until this point. Don't get Me wrong Tyron Woodley and Tarec Saffedein(spelling?) are good fighters but I don't think either one of them is ready for a shot at the title. A problem there is that there isn't a whole lot of filler in Strikeforce. There's Nick Diaz and Paul Daley, and then there's the Cyborgs, Scott Smith's, then the up and coming fighters.

On the whole Strikeforce has a decent roster. Better heavyweight roster than the UFC on a man by man basis. Light Heavyweight is kind of hurting. Middleweight is almost even and Lightweight is a good list of fighters.

Ludo
04-08-2011, 09:12 PM
So let's say Diaz, Daley and Cyborg vs GSP, Koscheck, and Fitch in a three-man tag match and let's see who wins.

Let's say your mom vs Cristiane Cyborg and see who wins.

Luke
04-09-2011, 11:02 AM
anyone got a link to weigh ins?

poopoo333
04-09-2011, 01:20 PM
anyone got a link to weigh ins?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQPfZKafk4E

poopoo333
04-09-2011, 01:21 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/vhtjbb.jpg

SPX
04-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Damn, Kawajiri is fucking ripped.

SPX
04-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Hey High5, why Takaya?

High5
04-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Hey High5, why Takaya?

He's the current Dream FW champion.
Not training in a cage concerns me....but Peralta hasn't faced the skilled opponents Takaya has.

poopoo333
04-09-2011, 02:05 PM
I read that Joey Oddessa said that if this fight were in Japana, Takaya would be -1100

Ludo
04-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Is it me or does it look like both Daley and Gilbert had trouble making the weight? Why else would they need the towel?

zY|
04-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Is it me or does it look like both Daley and Gilbert had trouble making the weight? Why else would they need the towel?

Shields explained it in an interview with Ariel that in California if you don't make weight the first time, then you can't undress further afterwards for some reason. So they were doing it just in case.

Vandelay
04-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Scientist, I found another bet that could be included in your parlay. not jardine inside distance. its at like -1200 right now and only way i see jardine possibly winning is by decision.

Ludo
04-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Shields explained it in an interview with Ariel that in California if you don't make weight the first time, then you can't undress further afterwards for some reason. So they were doing it just in case.

Thats a pretty stupid stipulation on things. I suppose it makes more sense that they did it that way now but it still kind of says something when a dude isn't sure if he made weight or not.

poopoo333
04-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Scales differ sometimes, so I think they are just being safe. I would rather do that then have to go cut more weight to weigh in normally in shorts

edman5555
04-09-2011, 03:44 PM
I am thinking beerbohm might be a decent bet

Ludo
04-09-2011, 03:47 PM
I am thinking beerbohm might be a decent bet

On the one hand Aoki could wreck his shit on the ground and standing Aoki might have the edge based on his willingness to go all out with the kicks and shit. On the other hand it wasn't long ago Aoki was talking about wanting to retire from MMA and he has been inconsistent lately.

Beerbohm will likely have his hands full tonight and I just don't like the amount of unknown variables with this fight. The value is definitely on Beerbohm though.

Luke
04-09-2011, 06:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQPfZKafk4E

thanks poopoo

Luke
04-09-2011, 06:22 PM

Well I dont think I'd call it trouble considering Gilbert weighed 154.75 and he could have weighed up to 156 . Maybe they are just gay

edit: I see everyone already explained it

SPX
04-09-2011, 06:42 PM
How are Kawajiri's hands?

Ludo
04-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Kawajiri has less than stellar technique, but he is competant standing. He hits very hard though but tends to be more of a brawler.

Luke
04-09-2011, 06:47 PM
How are Kawajiri's hands?

4 fingers , 1 thumb

Luke
04-09-2011, 09:03 PM
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/luke1899/danwhitestrike.jpg

SPX
04-09-2011, 09:09 PM
That shit's funny.

edman5555
04-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Anyoen have a link for this? I wil look.

SPX
04-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Looks like Peralta took round 1.

SPX
04-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Well son of a bitch. Fucking Peralta wins.

That kills both my Takaya bet and my parlay. 2.25u on the hole already.

poopoo333
04-09-2011, 09:43 PM
The judges see the contest 30-27 (twice) and 29-28, all for Robert Peralta, who takes the unanimous decision.

FUUUU

SPX
04-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Are you not betting, PP?

poopoo333
04-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Are you not betting, PP?

Yeah I am. I have bets in both the SF and Bellator threads. Starting out -3u basically because of Takaya. I'll be lucky to break even tonight.

SPX
04-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Okay, so who's got the stream?

poopoo333
04-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Okay, so who's got the stream?

Showtime.

poopoo333
04-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Melendez/Kawajiri goes distance is at a good line now. hmmm

SPX
04-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Showtime.

Fuck YOU!

Seriously, who has a stream? The shit's about to start.

zY|
04-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Showtime as well.

poopoo333
04-09-2011, 10:02 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=660710503&postcount=2

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133469843

SPX
04-09-2011, 10:02 PM
So is everybody just going to be a dick?

I mean, while everyone is fucking around I seriously can't watch the shit.

SPX
04-09-2011, 10:03 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=660710503&postcount=2

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133469843

Cool, thanks.

poopoo333
04-09-2011, 10:04 PM
So is everybody just going to be a dick?

I mean, while everyone is fucking around I seriously can't watch the shit.

Look at those links I posted you angry motherfucker.

zY|
04-09-2011, 10:05 PM
BB is that where you find your streams?

poopoo333
04-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Yeah.

poopoo333
04-09-2011, 10:11 PM
SPX are you calm yet

SPX
04-09-2011, 10:11 PM
SPX are you calm yet

I'm getting there.

zY|
04-09-2011, 10:13 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Aoki make Beerbohm a lefty.

SPX
04-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Shit. I guess Aoki was good for it.

zY|
04-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Man, that was badass.

zY|
04-09-2011, 10:17 PM
LOL @ business as usual

SPX
04-09-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm on this stream:

http://www.super-sportz.net/Channel%202.htm

and it's okay, but kind of pixelated. Anyone on one with good image quality?

poopoo333
04-09-2011, 10:20 PM
http://www.sportsnmore.tv/index2.php

poopoo333
04-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Jardine doing stanky leg -325
Jardine not doing stanky leg +250

SPX
04-09-2011, 10:30 PM
The ref's facial hair is epic.

poopoo333
04-09-2011, 10:31 PM
I am really hoping Jardine pulls out a dec win lol

zY|
04-09-2011, 10:32 PM
9-9

SPX
Weak to take a point for that upkick.

Dr_Ngo
10-8 round 1, Jardine

poopoo333
04-09-2011, 10:33 PM
I think Mousasi won the round but I think the judges will give it to Jardine

zY|
04-09-2011, 10:34 PM
10-8 round 1, Jardine

U on drugs?

Dr_Ngo
04-09-2011, 10:37 PM
U on drugs?

Jardine got 4/5 takedowns in that round, all those kicks. So he won that round. Also -1 point for mousasi upkick

zY|
04-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Jardine got 4/5 takedowns in that round, all those kicks. So he won that round. Also -1 point for mousasi upkick

I don't care if he got a million takedowns. He did nothing with them and Mousasi got right back up each time (which negates them according to the unified rules) and got his ass kicked all over the cage.