View Full Version : Pro Wrestling

SPX
03-05-2011, 02:35 AM
Anyone here watch this shit other than me?

I recently started watching TNA . . . haven't really messed with WWE. But I confess that I've kind of been enjoying it.

Anyway, they just had Joe Warren on the broadcast and plugged the new Bellator season, so I was like, shit, fuck it, I'm making a thread about this.

EDIT: Joe Warren's actually helping to do the commentary on the matches which is kind of LOL.

poopoo333
03-05-2011, 09:13 AM
FINALLY POOPOO333 HAS COME BACK.......

to investwithsports.com

Mr. IWS
03-05-2011, 09:46 AM
Last time I saw TnA, some black guy was doing a perfect Ric Flair immitagion. They were arguing back in forth, was teh lulz.

zY|
03-05-2011, 10:08 AM
I watch raw sometimes. There's always some wildness goin down.

SPX
03-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Last night Sting showed up out of nowhere after leaving the promotion and won the heavyweight belt.

I'll say this shit: TNA has Flair and Hogan, but they don't really wrestle. They play other roles. Sting should be doing the same shit. He's like 50-something years old.

SPX
03-05-2011, 12:29 PM
I watch raw sometimes. There's always some wildness goin down.

I downloaded an episode of Superstars the other day and checked it out. It was interesting, and different from TNA. I think that it's interesting that the WWE has reverted back to the TV-PG rating and isn't doing the same kind of show they were doing when Stone Cold was champ. I wonder what prompted that decision.

Luke
03-05-2011, 01:15 PM
I cant watch it ,its just too unreal for me . I just consider it another reality show

zY|
03-05-2011, 01:18 PM
I downloaded an episode of Superstars the other day and checked it out. It was interesting, and different from TNA. I think that it's interesting that the WWE has reverted back to the TV-PG rating and isn't doing the same kind of show they were doing when Stone Cold was champ. I wonder what prompted that decision.

You've lost me.

SPX
03-05-2011, 01:57 PM
I cant watch it ,its just too unreal for me . I just consider it another reality show

I look like it like a regular TV show. I mean, on TNA they even have names for each episode now, so they've completely abandoned the pretense that the shit's really real.

Someone the other day said something about not liking it because they aren't actually fighting each other, and I asked him if Dexter wasn't cool because he doesn't actually kill people. It's really more about the story lines than the actual wrestling.

SPX
03-05-2011, 02:00 PM
You've lost me.

Remember? At the end of the 90s, the WWE went from being a family friendly program aimed largely at kids to being a Howard Stern-esque soap opera with adult humor and sexual innuendo and shit.

Luke
03-05-2011, 02:39 PM
I look like it like a regular TV show. I mean, on TNA they even have names for each episode now, so they've completely abandoned the pretense that the shit's really real.

Someone the other day said something about not liking it because they aren't actually fighting each other, and I asked him if Dexter wasn't cool because he doesn't actually kill people. It's really more about the story lines than the actual wrestling.

The only problem I have with that statement is Dexter or whatever show looks real enough to watch and thats how I can watch it. When watching wrestling you can just see
the punches, kicks whatever not even coming close to landing. Not only that no where in the world do you send someone against the ropes and they bounce off and come back to you so you can clothes line them

I can watch Dexter because it could be real ,just like a movie could be .The stories in movies or Dexter are close enough to reality that they could actually happen in the real world. Now there are a lot of shows or movies that are so far out there that they couldnt possible be real and I dont watch them.

As long as you like it thats all that matters ,its just not my cup of tea

zY|
03-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Who's Dexter?

Svino
03-05-2011, 03:03 PM
When watching wrestling you can just see the punches, kicks whatever not even coming close to landing. Not only that no where in the world do you send someone against the ropes and they bounce off and come back to you so you can clothes line them

Yeah, American pro wrestling looks too fake to me to watch. I could almost see myself watching Japanese shoot-style pro-wrestling, which seems more similar to a martial arts exhibition than it is to WWE stuff.

Luke
03-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Who's Dexter?

I'd think of all the psychopaths in the world you'd be one that watches Dexter

zY|
03-05-2011, 03:10 PM
I don't have Showtime.

Luke
03-05-2011, 03:34 PM
I don't have Showtime.

I dont either anymore but even if I did I wouldnt watch it on there. I downloaded the whole series and watched it from begining to present day over a 6 month period. I reccommend it and I dont reccomend very many tv shows.

SPX
03-05-2011, 03:43 PM
The only problem I have with that statement is Dexter or whatever show looks real enough to watch and thats how I can watch it. When watching wrestling you can just see
the punches, kicks whatever not even coming close to landing.

It depends, but I get your point. There's an art to making contact and having it look and sound like it's a hard blow without actually hurting someone. Bret Hart talks about this in the documentary I watched a little while back. I think less experienced guys pull their punches too much.

A lot of the slams are awesome, though.

Not only that no where in the world do you send someone against the ropes and they bounce off and come back to you so you can clothes line them

LOL

Mr. IWS
03-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Who's Dexter?

Mike Dexter............

SPX
05-09-2011, 12:14 AM
I know I've made a lot of comments about not being into manufactured-looking bitches, but I have a serious soft spot for Velvet Sky:

http://www.hollywoodtuna.com/images/bigimages/velvet_sky_tna_big.jpg

http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/z6/6u/u0/velvet_sky.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3180/3120248527_1595f30caa.jpg

poopoo333
05-09-2011, 12:22 AM
I wish I was the blonde:

http://www.thewrestlingpage.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/kharma-wwe-extreme-rules-300x231.jpg