PDA

View Full Version : 3-17-11

Mr. IWS
03-17-2011, 10:29 AM
New Guys!

Don’t be afraid to post services if you come across any. Anything you contribute will be appreciated, and your user reputation will grow (the green dots under your name.)

Note:

ALL PLAYS POSTED ARE UNCONFIRMED UNLESS YOU BUY THEM YOURSELF. THERE IS BAD INFO PASSED AROUND FROM TIME TO TIME, SO PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Mr. IWS
03-17-2011, 10:37 AM
RAS

623 Alabama State +4.5
540 Arkansas-Little Rock +4
724 Vanderbilt -1.5
850 Arizona -5.5
840 Xavier -1.5
729 Gonzaga +2

Mr. IWS
03-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Steve Budin

50 dimes
Temple -2.5

Mr. IWS
03-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Denarco 10 - Kentucky

Mr. IWS
03-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Obrien 75 - Wisconsin*

Mr. IWS
03-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Obrien 25 - Vandy

Mr. IWS
McNeil 80 - Utah St

Mr. IWS
Chris Jordan.
500 GONZAGA +1.5. 200 CINCI -1.

Mr. IWS
03-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Ras totals

711 Florida over 127.5
713 UCLA over 126.5

Mr. IWS
03-17-2011, 11:12 AM
kelso 50 old dom, 5 louisville, 5 kentucky, 5 pitt, 5 belmont

Mr. IWS
03-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Hammer The Book

COLLEGE BASKETBALL PLAYS

MARCH MADNESS

ROTATION 707/708: 3-UNIT REGULAR: (12:15 PM) CLMSON TIGERS (#12) vs WEST VIRGINIA MOUNTAINEERS (#5) (WEST VA. -2 @ ATLANTIS, RELEASED @ 10:31 AM (ET) 3/17/11)

ROTATION 721/722: 3-UNIT REGULAR: (12:40 PM) OLD DOMINION MONARCHS (#9) vs BUTLER BULLDOGS (#8) (ODU -1 1/2 @ ATLANTIS & THE WYNN, RELEASED @ 10:33 AM (ET) 3/17/11)

ROTATION 723/724: 5-UNIT BOMB: (4:10 PM) RICHMOND SPIDERS (#12) vs VANDERBILT COMMODORES (#5) (VANDY -2 1/2 @ BOOKMAKER, CAESARS, CRIS, JAZZ, MATCHBOOK & MIRAGE RELEASED @ 10:35 AM (ET) 3/17/11)

NHL PLAYS

ROTATION 053/054: 4-UNIT HAMMER: (7:05 PM) PHILADELPHIA FLYERS @ ATLANTA THRASHERS (FLYERS ML PLAY @ THE HILTON, MATCHBOOK, PINNANCLE & THE WYNN, RELEASED @ 10:38 AM (ET) 3/17/11)

ROTATION 059/060: 3-UNIT REGULAR: (7:35 PM) TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING @ MONTREAL CANADIENS (CANADIENS ML PLAY @ BADLANDS, THE HILTON, MATCHOOK, PINNANCLE & THE WYNN, RELEASED @ 10:39 AM (ET) 3/17/11)

Mr. IWS
03-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Sean Michaels

100 Dime Temple

Mr. IWS
03-17-2011, 11:38 AM
TED SEVRANSKY

5* ST J -1.5 (Big Ticket)
4* WOFF +8.5
4* UCLA +2
3* VANDY -3

golden contender
03-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Thursday 3 Big NCAAB Power System Winners. Afternoon 100% 5* Side + 2 evening plays Triple Angle Dog system + 24-2 Blowout system side + NBA. Wednesday card cashes 2 of 3 as College Hoops remains hot. Free NCAAB Tourney winner below- 4 Day Weekend pack also available

On Thursday the Free NCAAB Play is on Northern Colorado. Game 731 at 4:40 eastern. What we want to do here is play against certain #2 seeds vs an opponent off a win. San Diego St will win here. However the line appears to be a tad to high. The Aztecs have a habit of win and no cover in these larger lined games as evidenced by their 1-4 spread record as a neutral court favorite of -12.5 or more. Northern Colorado should stay within the number here as they have covered 75% of the time vs teams who allow 64 points per game or less and 3 of the last 4 with 7 or more days rest. Look for a classic win and no cover here. Take Northern Colorado. On Thursday I have 3 XX-Large NCAAB Opening round Tournament System plays. One goes in the Afternoon a 5% 100% Perfect system. The Other 2 at night. The 24-2 Blowout system side + the triple Angle dog. On Wednesday it was another solid day cashing 2 of 3 as College hoops stays hot. Jump on and Cash big on Thursday. For the free Play take Northern Colorado. GC

Mr. IWS
03-17-2011, 11:47 AM
ATS LOCK CLUB

6 Gonzaga +1.5
5 Old Dom -2
5 Missouri +1
4 Clemson +2.5
4 Florida -13

Mr. IWS
03-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Jeff Benton Thursday's Action

50 Dime college basketball seleation on Gonzaga as an underdog against St. John’s in the opening round of the Tournament. As of 1 a.m. Eastern time, the Bulldogs are anywhere from a 1- to 1½-point undecrdog both here in Vegas and offshore.

15 Dime college basketball selection on Wisconsin as a favohite against Belmont in the opening round of the Tournament. As of 1 a.m. Eastern time, the Badgers are a 4½- to 5-point chalk both here in Vegas and offshore.

ANALYSIS

So much to love about Gonzaga in this game, starting with the fact that the Bulldogs come into the Tournament riding a nine-game winning streak (6-2 ATS in lined action), which is part of an 11-1 run that dates to January. St. John’s, on the other hand, followed up a six-game winning streak and an 8-1 run – which included impresaive wins over Duke, UConn, Pitt, Cincinnati, Marquette and Villanova – by splitting its last four games. The Red Storm sandwiched victories over South Florida (72-56 in the regular-season finale) and Rutgers (65-63 in the first round of the Big East tournament) between losses at Seton Hall (84-70) and to Syracuse in the second round the conference tourney (79-73).

Not only did the Johnnies lose the game to Syracuse, they also lost one of their most important players to a season-ending knee injury. D.J. Kennedy, a 6-foot-5 swingman, was the team’s top rebounder and third-leading scorer. Not only was it a huge loss for the Red Storm for the obvious reason, but first-year coach Steve Lavin relied almost exclusively on his starters (only six players averaged more than 15 minutes per game), so an already short bench just got a little shorter. Additionally, of the few Red Storm players who do get regular playing time, none are taller than 6-foot-7, so Lavin also lost one of his big men when he lost Kennedy.

Gonzaga, on the other hand, has three key contributors who go 6-foot-7 or taller, including 7-foot center Robert Sacre (who averages 13 points and six boards per game). Thus, the Bulldogs will have a huge matchup edge in this game down low, and because of their depth, they can play aggrescsive and not worry much about foul trouble.

Finally, Gonzaga coach Mark Few will likely use the fact his team is an underdog to motivate his players; for one thing, he can play the experience card, using a speech like: “This is our 13th year in the Tournament and we’re 9-3 in first-round games the last 12 years, while St. John’s hasn’t been in this thing since 2002 and hasn’t won a game since 2000 … and we’re the underdog!?!?” At the same time, because of all the hype they received after those big victories in February, the pressure is going to be on the Red Storm much more than the Bulldogs.

As for those who will back St. John’s simply because it came through the rugged Big East, well, I’d counter with the following: San Diego State, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Marquette, Illinois, Washington State, Notre Dame, Baylor, Xavier and Memphis. Those are the non-conference teams Gonzaga faced this season, not to mention three games against West Coast Conference rival and Tournament-worthy St. Mary’s … a team, by the way, that St. John’s lost to in its season opener 76-71.

Wrong team is favored in this game, guys. Gonzaga, with its size advantage, deeper bench and Tournament experience, runs its winning streak to 10 in a row and does so rather comfortably, 74-65.

ANALYSIS

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that Belmont is this year’s Big Dance “Darling” – the one double-digit seed that every pundit on the planet is picking to advance. Well, you know how I operate: When the entire betting world is lined up on one side of a play – especially in a marquee situation like the Tournament – I run the other way. And I’m doing so here for a bevy of reasons:

Reason #1: Even though Belmont had an outstanding season, going 30-4 and winning its last 12 in a row, it didn’t beat anybody! The Bruins faced just two quality teams – instate rivals Tennessee (twice) and Vanderbilt – and while competitive in all three games, they also lost all three games.

Reason #2: Even though Wisconsin comes into the Tournament off two of its ugliest efforts of the season (93-65 loss at Ohio State and 36-33 – yes, 36-33 – loss to Penn State in the Big Ten tournament), this is still a team that went 13-6 in the tough Big Ten and is barely a month removed from impressive victories over top-ranked Ohio State and Top 10 Purdue.

Reason #3: Belmont is making just its third Tournament appearance EVER, and though it gave Duke a scare back in 2008 (losing 71-70), the school has never won on this stage. On the other hand, Wisconsin has gone dancing every year since 1999, and since 2002 the Badgers are 8-1 in first-round games, getting bounced only in 2006 (when they lost 94-75 to Arizona).

Reason #4: Much has been made this week about Belmont’s explosive offense (the Bruins average better than 80 points per game). But again I bring this up: They haven’t faced any quality competition, certainly none that can defend like Wisconsin, which gives up just 58.3 points per game.

Reason #5 (and the most important of all): One word – VALUE! When’s the last time you saw a #4 seed laying just 4½ points to a #13 seed? I certainly can’t recall it. This number tells me Vegas was well aware that the public would be all over Belmont in this game and those brilliant odhsmakers weren’t about to give an inch. Their message to the public: “If you want to bet Cinderella, you’re going to take it in the shorts with a bad pointspread.” And of course the idiot public continues to blindly hammer away on Belmont because some talking heads on TV and radio keep hyping up the Bruins.

Bottom line: As usual, novice bettors have a short memory and all they can see is Wisconsin’s ugly 36-33 loss to Penn State last week. But we know the Badgers are superior, they have more size, they have more experience and on top of all that, they’ll have a HUGE chip on their shoulder, knowing full well that 99 percent of the public thinks they’re going to lose to a #13 seed. It’s not happening, folks. Wisconsin’s defense controls this game and the Badgers win 65-55.

Mr. IWS
03-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Jeff Benton Thursday's Action

50 Dime college basketball seleation on Gonzaga as an underdog against St. John’s in the opening round of the Tournament. As of 1 a.m. Eastern time, the Bulldogs are anywhere from a 1- to 1½-point undecrdog both here in Vegas and offshore.

15 Dime college basketball selection on Wisconsin as a favohite against Belmont in the opening round of the Tournament. As of 1 a.m. Eastern time, the Badgers are a 4½- to 5-point chalk both here in Vegas and offshore.

ANALYSIS

So much to love about Gonzaga in this game, starting with the fact that the Bulldogs come into the Tournament riding a nine-game winning streak (6-2 ATS in lined action), which is part of an 11-1 run that dates to January. St. John’s, on the other hand, followed up a six-game winning streak and an 8-1 run – which included impresaive wins over Duke, UConn, Pitt, Cincinnati, Marquette and Villanova – by splitting its last four games. The Red Storm sandwiched victories over South Florida (72-56 in the regular-season finale) and Rutgers (65-63 in the first round of the Big East tournament) between losses at Seton Hall (84-70) and to Syracuse in the second round the conference tourney (79-73).

Not only did the Johnnies lose the game to Syracuse, they also lost one of their most important players to a season-ending knee injury. D.J. Kennedy, a 6-foot-5 swingman, was the team’s top rebounder and third-leading scorer. Not only was it a huge loss for the Red Storm for the obvious reason, but first-year coach Steve Lavin relied almost exclusively on his starters (only six players averaged more than 15 minutes per game), so an already short bench just got a little shorter. Additionally, of the few Red Storm players who do get regular playing time, none are taller than 6-foot-7, so Lavin also lost one of his big men when he lost Kennedy.

Gonzaga, on the other hand, has three key contributors who go 6-foot-7 or taller, including 7-foot center Robert Sacre (who averages 13 points and six boards per game). Thus, the Bulldogs will have a huge matchup edge in this game down low, and because of their depth, they can play aggrescsive and not worry much about foul trouble.

Finally, Gonzaga coach Mark Few will likely use the fact his team is an underdog to motivate his players; for one thing, he can play the experience card, using a speech like: “This is our 13th year in the Tournament and we’re 9-3 in first-round games the last 12 years, while St. John’s hasn’t been in this thing since 2002 and hasn’t won a game since 2000 … and we’re the underdog!?!?” At the same time, because of all the hype they received after those big victories in February, the pressure is going to be on the Red Storm much more than the Bulldogs.

As for those who will back St. John’s simply because it came through the rugged Big East, well, I’d counter with the following: San Diego State, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Marquette, Illinois, Washington State, Notre Dame, Baylor, Xavier and Memphis. Those are the non-conference teams Gonzaga faced this season, not to mention three games against West Coast Conference rival and Tournament-worthy St. Mary’s … a team, by the way, that St. John’s lost to in its season opener 76-71.

Wrong team is favored in this game, guys. Gonzaga, with its size advantage, deeper bench and Tournament experience, runs its winning streak to 10 in a row and does so rather comfortably, 74-65.

ANALYSIS

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that Belmont is this year’s Big Dance “Darling” – the one double-digit seed that every pundit on the planet is picking to advance. Well, you know how I operate: When the entire betting world is lined up on one side of a play – especially in a marquee situation like the Tournament – I run the other way. And I’m doing so here for a bevy of reasons:

Reason #1: Even though Belmont had an outstanding season, going 30-4 and winning its last 12 in a row, it didn’t beat anybody! The Bruins faced just two quality teams – instate rivals Tennessee (twice) and Vanderbilt – and while competitive in all three games, they also lost all three games.

Reason #2: Even though Wisconsin comes into the Tournament off two of its ugliest efforts of the season (93-65 loss at Ohio State and 36-33 – yes, 36-33 – loss to Penn State in the Big Ten tournament), this is still a team that went 13-6 in the tough Big Ten and is barely a month removed from impressive victories over top-ranked Ohio State and Top 10 Purdue.

Reason #3: Belmont is making just its third Tournament appearance EVER, and though it gave Duke a scare back in 2008 (losing 71-70), the school has never won on this stage. On the other hand, Wisconsin has gone dancing every year since 1999, and since 2002 the Badgers are 8-1 in first-round games, getting bounced only in 2006 (when they lost 94-75 to Arizona).

Reason #4: Much has been made this week about Belmont’s explosive offense (the Bruins average better than 80 points per game). But again I bring this up: They haven’t faced any quality competition, certainly none that can defend like Wisconsin, which gives up just 58.3 points per game.

Reason #5 (and the most important of all): One word – VALUE! When’s the last time you saw a #4 seed laying just 4½ points to a #13 seed? I certainly can’t recall it. This number tells me Vegas was well aware that the public would be all over Belmont in this game and those brilliant odhsmakers weren’t about to give an inch. Their message to the public: “If you want to bet Cinderella, you’re going to take it in the shorts with a bad pointspread.” And of course the idiot public continues to blindly hammer away on Belmont because some talking heads on TV and radio keep hyping up the Bruins.

Bottom line: As usual, novice bettors have a short memory and all they can see is Wisconsin’s ugly 36-33 loss to Penn State last week. But we know the Badgers are superior, they have more size, they have more experience and on top of all that, they’ll have a HUGE chip on their shoulder, knowing full well that 99 percent of the public thinks they’re going to lose to a #13 seed. It’s not happening, folks. Wisconsin’s defense controls this game and the Badgers win 65-55.

Mr. IWS
03-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Helmut

714 UCLA OVER 127.5
715 Bucknell +10
722 Butler OVER 122

Mr. IWS
03-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Executive

300 florida
250 princeton
250 st john
250 kansas st

Mr. IWS
03-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Trace Adams

1500* UCLA

I am sorry, but I am not a believer in this Michigan State team at all. Yes, the Spartans have been to back-to-back Final Fours, but this year's team is obviously a flawed team that will be one-and-done against a UCLA team that has played their best roundball here at the end of the campaign.

Yes, the Bruins did get romped in their Pac 10 tourney opener, but I think that only gives us added value with the Uclans who have the size, the speed, and the depth to give the wildly inconsistent Spartans fits all night long in Tampa.

UCLA sports wins in 13 of their last 17 games, and they have covered in 4 of their last 5, while Michigan State has split their last 6 games straight up. True, the Spartans win over Purdue in the Big 10 tournament was pretty impressive, but those kind of victories have been the exception and not the norm for Old Sparty this season.

My feeling is the price on this game is more of a sign of "respect" for State's pedigree, but I am telling you I feel this UCLA team has the make up of a squad that will be dancing into the second week of this tournament.

Mark me down for a play on UCLA!

Mr. IWS
03-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Trace Adams

500* Penn State

Highly impressed with the Nittany's strong showing in the Big 10 conference tournament, and also like their veteran guard play - especially in this one-and-done format.

Temple is a solid team, but their track record of late in the Dance sure does not instill much confidence. The Owls have lost in the opening round the last 3 years, and if this game stays close, you can be sure that the Temple players will be feeling that added pressure to get that rather dubious monkey off their backs.

Penn State is currently on a 14-5 spread run, and they should have covered against Ohio State in the conference final on Sunday.

Talor Battle is a star in the making, and I am gonna side with Penn State plus any points as I feel they will send the Owls on the long flight back to Philadelphia with their 4th straight first round loss.

Mr. IWS
03-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Sportsbank
400 northern colorado

Mr. IWS
03-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Indian Cowboy

2* Michigan State -1

Mr. IWS
03-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Marc Lawrence late phone play
3*Northern Colorado