PDA

View Full Version : Thiago Silva Submitted Sample 'Inconsistent with Human Urine,' says NSAC

Luke
03-29-2011, 05:56 PM
The urine sample Thiago Silva (http://www.mmafighting.com/tag/Thiago+Silva/) submitted for testing prior to UFC 125 (http://www.mmafighting.com/tag/UFC+125/) was "inconsistent with human urine," according to a complaint filed by the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Tuesday.

NSAC executive director Keith Kizer sent MMA Fighting an email outlining the factual allegations against Silva, who now stands accused of submitting "an adulterated and/or substituted specimen for testing for the Urinalysis" prior to his decision win over Brandon Vera (http://www.mmafighting.com/tag/Brandon+Vera/) in Las Vegas on January 1.

Reports first began to swirl about a failed drug test when Silva was pulled from the UFC 130 card in early February (http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/02/09/thiago-silvas-drug-test-still-processing-evans-not-offered-ufc/). He was originally slated to face Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in that event, but was later replaced by Matt Hamill.

At the time, all the NSAC would say was that Silva's was the lone urine sample from UFC 125 that was "still processing," though the UFC's decision to remove him from his next fight was thought to be a preemptive move in anticipation of a forthcoming suspension.

Vera, who was initially released from the UFC following the loss to Silva, was later reinstated after doubts about Silva's urine sample began to emerge.

On Tuesday Kizer told MMA Fighting that the test results were the same for both urine samples submitted by Silva for UFC 125, and that the sample was found to be inconsistent with human urine after analysis done by the Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory.

Silva now has 20 days from the receipt of the complaint to file an appeal, Kizer said, but the NSAC will hold a hearing on a temporary suspension for the UFC light heavyweight on April 7, 2011.

Silva's management declined to comment on this report.

Lol did he get some horse piss and submit it ...............

Thiago Silva now joins list of current UFC fighters w/ failed drug tests: Leben, Marquardt, Sonnen, Bonnar, Belfort, & Alves

::thumbup::

SPX
03-29-2011, 09:05 PM
When I saw the thread title I cracked up.

I'm curious to know the backstory on this.

Luke
03-29-2011, 09:06 PM
When I saw the thread title I cracked up.

Made me laugh my ass off too

SPX
03-29-2011, 09:06 PM
I guess there's just something about the phrase "inconsistent with human urine."

Luke
03-29-2011, 09:22 PM
I guess there's just something about the phrase "inconsistent with human urine."

I'll be honest, I laughed again when reading your post

Mr. IWS
03-30-2011, 08:47 AM

Probably training with Randleman now.

BillyPilgrim
03-30-2011, 01:43 PM

Today Silva took to the UG and fessed up:

We make decisions every day of our lives. Some are good and some are bad. When you make abad decision, you can either make the situation worse by trying to cover it up or lie about it or just stick your head in the sand and refuse to acknowledge it even happened or you can own up to it with an honest explanation, accept the consequences of your actions, apologize to the people affected by it, learn from it and move on. I'm choosing the second option.

I used a urine adulterant when giving a sample following my fight with Brandon Vera. I did so in an attempt to alter the results of the test and knowingly broke the rules of the Nevada Athletic Commission. This was a terrible decision on my part for which I will be punished. I am prepared to accept this punishment, learn from it and move on. I apologize to the Commission, the UFC,Brandon Vera and the MMA fans.

I do want to explain the circumstances behind my actions. Please do not interpret this as an attempt to justify my actions. I know they were wrong and I know I made bad decisions and I know I deserve to be punished. That is why I began my statement with an admission and an apology before going into these details. This is not an excuse, only an explanation.

I had been tested on five prior occasions while fighting for the UFC before the Brandon Vera fight. Four of the tests were urine only and one included a blood sample as well in New Jersey the day before the fight. I passed each of those tests. I suffered a severe back injury shortly before theRashad Evans fight. It was the biggest fight of my career and there was no way I was going to pull out of it. I fought and lost and was out of action for a year rehabilitating the injury and getting ready to fight again.

I reinjured my back 45 days before the fight with Brandon Vera. After not fighting for a year, I made the decision to not pull out of the fight. I also decided that the only way I could continue with the fight was to take injections in my back and spine that contained substances prohibited by the Nevada Athletic Commission. I also made the decision to use a product to hide the presence of these substances in a urine test.

These decisions were mine and mine alone. I did not share this information with anyone prior to the fight for fear that I wouldnot be allowed to fight. I obviously made a terrible decision. I have since learned that it may have even been possible to fight had I been open and honest and disclosed the injury and treatment prior to the fight. I also realize that not being allowed to fight as a result of the treatment would have been a better result than the mess into which I have now gotten myself.

Again, I take full responsibility for making the decision to break the rules and try to cheat the system. I will accept the punishment I receive and will learn from this. I plan to come back as a better person and professional as a result."

If Silva is telling the truth, and I have no reason to doubt him, this is another example of the rules distorting the game. The purpose of performance enhancing drug testing is to prevent athletes from gaining an unfair and dangerous advantage by using drugs to improve their performance. In this case Silva's misunderstanding of the PED testing regime simply became a barrier between a fighter and needed health care.

I support the confession. Quality PR work there...

Mr. IWS
03-30-2011, 01:54 PM

I support the confession. Quality PR work there...

I agree. He will probably score some points with the commission for doing that.

SPX
03-30-2011, 02:00 PM
That's a straight up 10-lawyers-worked-on-this-shit-to-get-it-just-right kind of confession.

Mr. IWS
03-30-2011, 02:32 PM
That's a straight up 10-lawyers-worked-on-this-shit-to-get-it-just-right kind of confession.

LOL, no fuckin way Thiago wrote that shit.

BillyPilgrim
03-30-2011, 02:49 PM
^of course not. Thiago probably can't even read that shit.

Luke
03-30-2011, 06:03 PM
^of course not. Thiago probably can't even read that shit.

Thiago probably cant even spell Silva

SPX
03-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Would've been a better story if he had instead confessed that he had ordered cheetah piss from Africa and had attempted to pass it off as his own.

Luke
03-31-2011, 12:00 AM
For some reason, I picture Machida in a white lab coat, taking a shotglass of B sample, swishing it around, and declaring, "Nope. Not real."

::lmao::

bloydie
03-31-2011, 03:13 PM
hmmm so the fight has been changed to a nc. What happens to the peeps who lost money on Vera, i assume that ithe decision on the night counts unless it is automatically looked into

BillyPilgrim
03-31-2011, 03:22 PM
Yeah, you don't get a refund on your bets for overturned decisions.

SPX
03-31-2011, 03:24 PM
hmmm so the fight has been changed to a nc. What happens to the peeps who lost money on Vera, i assume that ithe decision on the night counts unless it is automatically looked into

It stands. Results are never changed.

If they had to do that every time it happened it would be a huge clusterfuck, and people who WON money sure as hell wouldn't want to surrender it.

Luke
03-31-2011, 06:36 PM

never bet on Vera..............ever

SPX
03-31-2011, 06:38 PM
never bet on Vera..............ever

It worked out for me when he fought K-Sos.

Luke
03-31-2011, 06:41 PM
It worked out for me when he fought K-Sos.

you should bet on him everytime from now on...........you'll win millions

SPX
03-31-2011, 06:51 PM
you should bet on him everytime from now on...........you'll win millions

I'm just saying that Vera can beat people.

Would you not bet on him if he fought, say, Goran Relic?

inb4someonetellsmeGoranwascut

Luke
03-31-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm just saying that Vera can beat people.

Would you not bet on him if he fought, say, Goran Relic?

inb4someonetellsmeGoranwascut

I have certain fighters I wont bet in boxing/MMA because they are so inconsistent ,Vera is one of them .So more than likely no matter who he was fighting I wouldnt bet him

SPX
03-31-2011, 07:13 PM
I have certain fighters I wont bet in boxing/MMA because they are so inconsistent ,Vera is one of them .So more than likely no matter who he was fighting I wouldnt bet him

I honestly don't think he's inconsistent. I think he's consistently an "okay" fighter. That is, he consistently loses to the best and beats guys who are more middle-tier. Because he's Vera, and has the name and history that he does, he almost always is matched up against top guys, like Thiago Silva, Jones, and Couture (who a lot of people thought he beat).

When he's fighting guys like Reese Andy and K-Sos--guys who are solid fighters but not really near the top of the division--he wins. In many ways, he's really a victim of the early success that he found because now expectations are so high.

MMA_scientist
03-31-2011, 08:26 PM
^ I agree. As long as you know what you're getting with Vera, he is fine. He is not now, nor was he ever, a great fighter. He is a solid mid level guy. The UFC sold him as a contender when they had no other HWs and people bought it. As soon as he started fighting top guys, he started getting his ass kicked (Werdum, Silva) . When he fights scrubs, he wins (Eilers, Buentello). When he fights othr mid level guys (Jardines of the world) it is competitive. That is because he is a mid level guy. As long as we know and treat him as such, he is fine.

Luke
03-31-2011, 08:32 PM
^^^^^^^says the man that bet Vera vs Bones Jones

zY|
03-31-2011, 08:36 PM
Think that was more of a bet against Jones' hype.

Luke
03-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Think that was more of a bet against Jones' hype.

Dont think so but thanks for playing

Vera is +210. I think Vera is gonna take this. I am making this bet now.

I know the Jon Jones hype is kinda out of hand right now, but stylistically, I do not see how Jones can beat Vera.

Jones has some fancy strikes, but hasn't shown any real power... he like to stand out at kicking range and then leap in. Vera is going to kicking him all day. He is not going to throw Vera around either, who is every bit as good or better wrestler than Jones. Both were Greco guys, and Vera has shown some very good take down defense when he wants to. If he does get take down, Vera has shown a good guard.

I think Vera wins here, terrible style matchup for Jones. Thoughts?

SPX
03-31-2011, 08:46 PM
Vera = Great Gatekeeper

That's how the UFC should use him if they're going to use him at all.

Luke
03-31-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm just screwing around MMAscientist so dont get mad(if you are). I've made more bad bets on here than probably anyone ...I'm just messing with ya a little

MMA_scientist
03-31-2011, 08:56 PM
^ I wouldn't get mad about that. I completely own up to the Vera bet as one of the most embarassing mistakes ever. But at least he was +210.

I did think Vera would beat Jones, but that was before I knew Jones was invincible.

Even reading the analysis now, it makes sense. I just completely underestimated Jones' wrestling.

zY|
03-31-2011, 09:00 PM
but that was before I knew Jones was invincible.

He's really starting to look that way. I'm struggling to find a way Rashad doesn't die against him. Rashad was nearly knocked out in both of his last 2 wins. Outside of a Chuck-esque KO(unlikely imo), I'm not sure what he offers against Jones. Seems like a brutal style matchup for him.

Luke
03-31-2011, 09:00 PM
I bet Tim Sylvia vs Abe Wagner and laid -450 , I win worst IWS bet lol

You got +210 I laid -450 .......nuff said

Luke
03-31-2011, 09:02 PM
He's really starting to look that way. I'm struggling to find a way Rashad doesn't die against him. Rashad was nearly knocked out in both of his last 2 wins. Outside of a Chuck-esque KO(unlikely imo), I'm not sure what he offers against Jones. Seems like a brutal style matchup for him.

He's going to have to try and use his footwork to get inside on him and "hope" to land a big punch to stun him and get him down . Thats the only thing I can think of

MMA_scientist
03-31-2011, 09:03 PM
I bet Tim Sylvia vs Abe Wagner and laid -450 , I win worst IWS bet lol

You got +210 I laid -450 .......nuff said

I have lost plenty of -400 bets. The Vera bet was so embarassing because I was up in everyone's face about how Vera was going to win. Touting it all over the internet like a damn fool.

SPX
03-31-2011, 09:06 PM
LOL

zY|
03-31-2011, 09:08 PM
I have lost plenty of -400 bets. The Vera bet was so embarassing because I was up in everyone's face about how Vera was going to win. Touting it all over the internet like a damn fool.

Didn't you shut down your blog right after that?

Luke
03-31-2011, 09:10 PM

I did the samething with Lesnar vs Cain ..........fail

MMA_scientist
03-31-2011, 09:16 PM
Didn't you shut down your blog right after that?

Nah. It wasn't a big hit to the bankroll, just wrong. I didn't shut down the blog until a few months ago actually. FWIW, the blog lasted a year, and the cleared 28u on a 50u bankroll. Too bad I didn't follow the bets I posted there.

Svino
03-31-2011, 09:23 PM
I also bet Vera against Jones. Not sure I really thought he was going to win, but the underdog odds looked good to me when I was vastly underestimating Jones's wrestling and overestimating Vera's.

I'm pissed at Sylvia, because if he was going to lose a fight at +500, it should have been the one against Meat Truck.

zY|
03-31-2011, 09:23 PM
Too bad.

zY|
03-31-2011, 09:24 PM
I also bet Vera against Jones. Not sure I really thought he was going to win, but the underdog odds looked good to me when I was vastly underestimating Jones's wrestling and overestimating Vera's.

I'm pissed at Sylvia, because if he was going to lose a fight at +500, it should have been the one against Meat Truck.

Well Vera had just mostly shut down Couture's wrestling, so it wasn't a terrible position to have.

MMA_scientist
03-31-2011, 09:30 PM
It is shocking how fast Sylvia went from

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_SiD8FLURufE/S_RAx6KokII/AAAAAAAAB-4/npq35Rxpqhg/s1600/tim-sylvia.jpg

to

http://www.mmaconvert.com/wp-content/uploads/post-images/tim_sylvia_tfc16_weigh_ins.jpg

But as pathetic as that is, at least he has a back up career doing what he wants. He is not going to end up in a gutter somwhere like a lot of washed up fighters.

MMA_scientist
03-31-2011, 09:32 PM
Well Vera had just mostly shut down Couture's wrestling, so it wasn't a terrible position to have.

well that was the thinking...

But still, so wrong. It is funny how much changes in a few fights. Bones would probably be -600 to Vera now.

Luke
03-31-2011, 09:33 PM
Pretty sure I'd rather be in the gutter than a policeman

MMA_scientist
03-31-2011, 09:38 PM
Pretty sure I'd rather be in the gutter than a policeman

Well, me too. But some people enjoy being facist facilitators.

Poopoo wants to be a cop.

zY|
03-31-2011, 09:38 PM
well that was the thinking...

But still, so wrong. It is funny how much changes in a few fights. Bones would probably be -600 to Vera now.

He opened -525 to Rashad. He'd probably be more like -800.

zY|
03-31-2011, 09:40 PM
Sylvia shouldn't have to work if he wasn't a complete idiot. The dude was making 100 and 100 in the UFC, and Affliction paid him 800k for a 36 second asswhipping.

MMA_scientist
03-31-2011, 09:42 PM
^ damn, I didn't know he pulled that kind of quan for the Fedor fight. I think he wants to work though, because of aforementioned facist tendencies.

zY|
03-31-2011, 09:45 PM
^ damn, I didn't know he pulled that kind of quan for the Fedor fight. I think he wants to work though, because of aforementioned facist tendencies.

Yeah Affliction paid everybody. Speaking of which, what the fuck is Arlovski doing still getting KTFO every fight? I don't know what Strikeforce is paying him, but that nigga got fucking PAIIIID by Affliction. 750k to beat up Ben Rothwell, 500k to beat up Big Country, and 1.5 million to get KOd by Fedor. All in like 7 months.

Luke
03-31-2011, 09:46 PM
Well, me too. But some people enjoy being facist facilitators.

Poopoo wants to be a cop.

I was kidding ,I actually thought about being a cop a long time ago but with both my loser brothers doing drugs all the time I was afraid someday I'd lose my job or have to arrest them ..........plus I dont want to do anything that involves physical activity

I've got nothing against cops as long as they arent pricks and dont think they're above the law

SPX
03-31-2011, 09:47 PM
He opened -525 to Rashad. He'd probably be more like -800.

Truth. It's a fight that Vera obviously has no way to win. Even at -800 I have to think there'd be value.

zY|
03-31-2011, 09:49 PM
Truth. It's a fight that Vera obviously has no way to win. Even at -800 I have to think there'd be value.

Yeah, and I wouldn't even worry about some fluky shit either since Vera would be absolutely terrified of Jones in the cage. The only way he could win is if Jones went buckwild with some ghetto nastiness and got DQed.

SPX
03-31-2011, 09:49 PM
Yeah Affliction paid everybody. Speaking of which, what the fuck is Arlovski doing still getting KTFO every fight? I don't know what Strikeforce is paying him, but that nigga got fucking PAIIIID by Affliction. 750k to beat up Ben Rothwell, 500k to beat up Big Country, and 1.5 million to get KOd by Fedor. All in like 7 months.

That's fucking crazy. As long as you can live relatively modestly on like $30K a year (and $30K cash really is decent . . . it's not like making "30K" and then having to pay taxes out of the shit) then that's more than enough money to live on for the rest of your life.

SPX
03-31-2011, 09:51 PM
I've got nothing against cops as long as they arent pricks and dont think they're above the law

I agree. My attitude is that cops are necessary, and they're cool as long as they're somewhere else doing something other than fucking with me. When they fuck with me though they instantly become super douchebags.

MMA_scientist
03-31-2011, 09:57 PM
I have a couple a buddies that are cops. Most of them are actually pretty cool guys, but there is definitely some truth the cop stereotypes.

I just think there are way way too many of them. I don't want to get all Libertarian up in here, but I will if I have to.

Luke
03-31-2011, 10:45 PM
When they fuck with me though they instantly become super douchebags.

+1

Luke
03-31-2011, 10:46 PM
I have a couple a buddies that are cops. Most of them are actually pretty cool guys, but there is definitely some truth the cop stereotypes.

I just think there are way way too many of them. I don't want to get all Libertarian up in here, but I will if I have to.

Too many cops or too many dickhead cops?

MMA_scientist
03-31-2011, 11:09 PM
too many cops in general.

Luke
03-31-2011, 11:20 PM
too many cops in general.

Cant say I agree. I'd like to see a cop on every corner. My number one thing is safety thats one of the only reasons I like where I live .If we could cut out social security and welfare to put enough cops out there cut crime to almost zero percent I'd say do it.

poopoo333
03-31-2011, 11:24 PM
How much do cops start at in your guys areas?

SPX
03-31-2011, 11:25 PM
Cant say I agree. I'd like to see a cop on every corner. My number one thing is safety thats one of the only reasons I like where I live .If we could cut out social security and welfare to put enough cops out there cut crime to almost zero percent I'd say do it.

Hmm. I'm not sure I agree here, Luke.

I want enough cops to keep shit safe, but one on every corner? I don't think so.

poopoo333
03-31-2011, 11:30 PM

I want enough cops to keep shit safe, but one on every corner? I don't think so.

I definitely see where he is coming from. This way we won't have the whole "where is a cop when we need one?" thing when something really unfortunate happens

SPX
03-31-2011, 11:32 PM
A cop on every corner sounds like too many people getting busted for stupid shit like jaywalking, public intoxication, and smoking weed.

Luke
03-31-2011, 11:42 PM
A cop on every corner sounds like too many people getting busted for stupid shit like jaywalking, public intoxication, and smoking weed.

I dont really do anything to get arrested so I wouldnt be worried about it

Luke
03-31-2011, 11:44 PM

I was being serious. I'd like to see one at the end of every street .

SPX
03-31-2011, 11:45 PM
I dont really do anything to get arrested so I wouldnt be worried about it

You're Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig, though.

I don't do a lot of really insidious shit, but I've done plenty of little shit that would get me into legal trouble, and I'm sure I'll do more of it in the future. I don't really want cops around hassling me because I'm trying to smoke up before going into the movie theater.

SPX
03-31-2011, 11:46 PM
I was being serious. I'd like to see one at the end of every street .

Fuck that shit.

Luke
03-31-2011, 11:54 PM
You're Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig, though.

I don't do a lot of really insidious shit, but I've done plenty of little shit that would get me into legal trouble, and I'm sure I'll do more of it in the future. I don't really want cops around hassling me because I'm drinking to smoke up before going into the movie theater.

I know what you mean and most people probably agree with you . It would all depend on the cops and how big of dicks they were. I wouldnt want cops harasssing people I'd want them there to keep the people safe

SPX
04-01-2011, 12:14 AM
I know what you mean and most people probably agree with you . It would all depend on the cops and how big of dicks they were. I wouldnt want cops harasssing people I'd want them there to keep the people safe

If only that's how cops acted. I'm cool with them serving and protecting. Not cool with them busting people for stupid shit like smoking pot.

Luke
04-01-2011, 12:32 AM
If only that's how cops acted. I'm cool with them serving and protecting. Not cool with them busting people for stupid shit like smoking pot.

I consider crime murders, rapes ,assaults,robberies shit like that . Thats the crime I'm talking about when I say I'd like to see it hit zero with a cop on every corner

MMA_scientist
04-01-2011, 07:59 AM
^ That's bullshit. You need like 2 cops in every county to investigate real crimes. The other 5000 we have are just there to harass us for things that shouldn't be illegal. If you want to be super safe under teh wing of big brother, go live in Russia and see how that shit worked out for them.

What I hate is when I am out walking around at night and a cop just stops me and asks where I am going. Fuck you, that's where I am going.

Worse yet is when I get pulled over and get a lecture on seat belt safety from some idiot cop. I told one that I refuse to wear my seatbelt as an act of civil disobedience because I think the law is facist, and he goes, well I agree, but you still have to put it on. I said "write me another ticket then because I am not putting it on." I realize that it is a good idea to wear my seatbelt, but I just hate the paternalistic nature of the law.

Also, cops are criminals.

Mr. IWS
04-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Fuck you, that's where I am going.

lol

poopoo333
04-07-2011, 03:44 PM
UFC light heavyweight Thiago Silva fined $33,750, license revoked for 12 months (http://mmajunkie.com/news/23148/ufc-light-heavyweight-thiago-silva-fined-33750-license-revoked-12-months.mma)

SPX
04-07-2011, 05:26 PM
I saw that shit.

I don't get why some guys like Karo and Silva get fined an excessive amount of money, while everyone else gets off with like $2500.

Luke
04-07-2011, 05:45 PM
I saw that shit.

I don't get why some guys like Karo and Silva get fined an excessive amount of money, while everyone else gets off with like $2500.

better attorney?

SPX
04-07-2011, 05:50 PM
better attorney?

It seems to have something to do with steroids, from what I can gather. Because if it's actually steroids you get popped for, then the fine is $2500. But if it's something else, like pain killers or whatever the shit was that Thiago took, then it's a whole lot more.

I don't get it.

poopoo333
04-07-2011, 07:42 PM
It seems to have something to do with steroids, from what I can gather. Because if it's actually steroids you get popped for, then the fine is $2500. But if it's something else, like pain killers or whatever the shit was that Thiago took, then it's a whole lot more.

I don't get it.

Thiago took steroids. They didn't fine him for steroids, or anything because he didn't pop for anything because he gave them fake piss.

SPX
04-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Thiago took steroids. They didn't fine him for steroids, or anything because he didn't pop for anything because he gave them fake piss.

Right. So why 33-fucking-thousand dollars when everyone else gets off with $2500?

If, instead of substituting his urine sample, he had just pissed in the cup and gotten popped for steroids, would he have only been fined the usual amount? I would assume so.

I just don't understand when and why they choose to administer fines that are over 12x the usual amount.

Luke
04-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Right. So why 33-fucking-thousand dollars when everyone else gets off with $2500?

If, instead of substituting his urine sample, he had just pissed in the cup and gotten popped for steroids, would he have only been fined the usual amount? I would assume so.

I just don't understand when and why they choose to administer fines that are over 12x the usual amount.

Its because he tried to scam them by masking his urine I'm guessing

zY|
04-07-2011, 08:49 PM
We've been over this before.

California charges a flat fee. Vegas takes a percentage.

Ludo
04-08-2011, 05:33 PM
I would assume it has more to do with the fact that he went to lengths to actually cover it up which is worse still than doing something wrong in the first place. Had he just submitted his actual urine he'd probably be looking at the standard $2500 but he tried to go and pull a "who's piss is this?" type deal. This is probably they're way of saying they don't like being fucked around with.

Mr. IWS
04-08-2011, 06:33 PM

Seems like a good deal to me.

Cheat, win the fight, get your show money and win bonus, sponsorship money, etc.

Pay back 30k, keep the change.

Luke
04-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Seems like a good deal to me.

Cheat, win the fight, get your show money and win bonus, sponsorship money, etc.

Pay back 30k, keep the change.

dont forget the 100k he bet on himself